PDA

View Full Version : Penguin Peak - new levels

yorkeme
06-27-15, 08:53 AM
Thank you Storm8 for the new stages to this crazy, fun. addictive game!

Stage 163 cleared with only 2 stars (I will go back later to work on getting my 3rd star LOL) and 164-169 cleared with 3 stars. I am anxiously waiting for lives to refill to continue my quest.

How are my fellow Diamond Quest fans liking the new stages?

Any word on how long we will have to wait for the next new stages to be added?

beamfamily7
06-27-15, 09:50 AM
What pals did you use to beat stage 168? I've been playing this stage for the last two days and I can't seem to get anywhere near the 70 yellow or blue gems to pass the level. I'm using Manny, Beauty, Wolfie, and Lucky....all blue and yellow pals.

******edited to change this to level 168.

xanethi
06-27-15, 11:52 AM
At stage 179 myself and enjoying it so far. Some of the levels have all 3 stars on same spot it seems so when you beat it you automaticly get 3 stars :) i Like it but find it Strange . At the moment waiting for more energy. And to beamfamily7, when i get some energy ill try and check level 168 and see if i Can remember what i did. Can se i got two stars in it

xanethi
06-27-15, 12:46 PM
Used cassandra to get rid of the swirls. And as far as i Recall PALS with red and green bombs and blasters

yorkeme
06-28-15, 12:01 AM
What pals did you use to beat stage 168? I've been playing this stage for the last two days and I can't seem to get anywhere near the 70 yellow or blue gems to pass the level. I'm using Manny, Beauty, Wolfie, and Lucky....all blue and yellow pals.

******edited to change this to level 168.

OMG this stage drove me crazy. I had to play it many times as well. I also used the pause/exit/restart method until I was satisfied with the colors at the start of the stage. It was luck in the end by getting some extra potions by matching 5. Hope this helps a little. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

yorkeme
06-28-15, 12:09 AM
At stage 179 myself and enjoying it so far. Some of the levels have all 3 stars on same spot it seems so when you beat it you automaticly get 3 stars :) i Like it but find it Strange . At the moment waiting for more energy. And to beamfamily7, when i get some energy ill try and check level 168 and see if i Can remember what i did. Can se i got two stars in it

Wow xanethi!!! You are really plowing through those stages. I have memory issues so I take a screenshot after every stage I complete so I can go back to see what team I used. This might help you if you ever have to go back or are trying to help out fellow gamers. Just a thought.

Good old luck and keep us posted on your progress.

xanethi
06-28-15, 06:30 AM
The pictures might not be a bad idea but i do not Think my iPad Can handle more than 180 pictures :) besides i often change my PALS a bit before finding the good combinations that Can beat the level. Im currently at level 184 so guess my progress is still good. 179 was rather hard to get by though

xanethi
06-29-15, 11:40 AM
And done. The last lucien defeated. Time to work on 3 stars on some more levels :)

yorkeme
06-30-15, 08:27 AM
And done. The last lucien defeated. Time to work on 3 stars on some more levels :)

Great job xanethi!! Right behind you friend. Waiting for lives to refill to finish stage 186. If you don't mind me asking, what power level are you at now? I'm on 35 myself.

A bit of advice for our fellow gamers out there: I have NOT gotten any of the new puzzle pals that were released when the new stages were added. You don't need them for this new area and in my personal opinion any of them would be a waste to get at this point of the game. This is just my opinion take it for what it's worth.

Enjoy the rest of the game my friends!

xanethi
06-30-15, 09:40 AM
Im at powerlevel 36 so only one higher than you. i got one of the new PALS (prancer) but Think i could have finished without him. I enjoy to get new PALS more than upgrading but sadly the last two times been upgrades.

Just for bonus information - i Never paid money for a pal so it is possible to get there for free :)

Enjoy the game

horstclan
06-30-15, 09:34 PM
I am so terribly stuck at stage 186. For anyone's that's passed it: any advice you can offer?

Thanks, in advance!

jim23cash
07-01-15, 01:15 AM
I am so terribly stuck at stage 186. For anyone's that's passed it: any advice you can offer?

Thanks, in advance!

The most important thing is to take out the arrows ASAP. Since there is one each of Blue, green, yellow and red, it helps if you have a pal that removes them in another color. I have a purple one, so I used that. I also look at the layout, and wait until I get a good layout to start. (as long as you make no moves, you can back out with pause, then the far left button).
I'm trying for 3 stars, so here is the lineup and layout I just used. *note that since I chose a yellow arrow pal also, I waited for a layout that allowed me to get rid of yellow arrow immediately*.

Good Luck! Annie :D

louiseb1217
07-01-15, 10:31 PM
What's the secret for level 162 and how do I do it? Finally figured out all 4 diamonds have to be blinking and then the number required Decreases by one To destroy the arch but I've never cleared all four diamonds. I can clear the rest If I focus on them but never get all the diamonds then. Sighsssss

I presume the rest of the game loads after I've finished this level?

Can someone share the how to on this level? Please....

yorkeme
07-01-15, 11:26 PM
What's the secret for level 162 and how do I do it? Finally figured out all 4 diamonds have to be blinking and then the number required Decreases by one To destroy the arch but I've never cleared all four diamonds. I can clear the rest If I focus on them but never get all the diamonds then. Sighsssss

I presume the rest of the game loads after I've finished this level?

Can someone share the how to on this level? Please....

here is the team I used but can't remember any strategy tips - sorry but I have horrible memory issues. Maybe at least seeing the team I used will help in some small way.

i am not sure what you mean about the rest of the game loading after stage 162 is cleared. While you won't be able to play them until each respective previous stage is completed, about a week ago the next area of the game, Penguins Peak was added and just today the area after that was added, so you should be able to see those new areas in your game.

Good luck my friend.

yorkeme
07-02-15, 08:19 AM
Does anybody have a hint for me to defeat Lucien at the end of Penguin Peak? ARGH! LOL. I want to get past him so badly so I can start playing the newest stages. Thanks in advance!

jim23cash
07-02-15, 01:27 PM
Here is the team I used; it says previous level because after I beat Lucien, I went to previous level to take pic of pals. It won't let you go back in after defeating Lucien. If you can post a pic of that level, I might be able to help more. I don't remember it. :D Annie

yorkeme
07-03-15, 09:52 AM
Here is the team I used; it says previous level because after I beat Lucien, I went to previous level to take pic of pals. It won't let you go back in after defeating Lucien. If you can post a pic of that level, I might be able to help more. I don't remember it. :D Annie

Thank you Annie! As usual once I reach out for help I go back and figure out a way to clear the stage. This was the case with Lucian as well but I do appreciate your support!! Thank you Annie! As usual once I reach out for help I go back and figure out a way to clear the stage. This was the case with Lucian as well but I do appreciate your reply.

I I also want to compliment you on the way you take the time and go into the details that you do to help so many other players. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say "thank you" for your support.

BTW here is the team that I ended up being successful with to defeat Lucien on this stage:

21377 21378

xanethi
07-03-15, 11:15 AM
Great job yorkeme. And good luck with future levels. And that is a nice collection of pals you used. Only have two of them myself.

How is progress so far?

yorkeme
07-03-15, 05:55 PM
Great job yorkeme. And good luck with future levels. And that is a nice collection of pals you used. Only have two of them myself.

How is progress so far?
Thanks. As I have admitted here in other threads some of my collection is from buying gold to buy keys. I am home bound most of the time and this is the only game I play besides Dice with Buddies so I play a lot. I did get a fair amount of my puzzle pals from working at getting 3 stars on stages of the game as well.

My progress is.... I am currently STUCK on stage 197 playing at power level 37. Been working on it for 2 days now. LOL.

I really enjoy the strategy involved in choosing the team to play with and then making the right combination of moves to defeat the stages of the game. I must say that I am a wee bit perturbed at Storm8 for their scoring credit technique. For example, when you are playing a stage where you are defeating the monsters and when there is more than one to battle against, once the first or current monster's life level reaches zero but gems are still matching from a chain reaction, the points keep hitting the monster with a zero life level instead of moving to the next monster and using those points for the next monster. I do see "some" points hit the next monster but it should be way more in this scenario at least. Also, I don't like that when you hit the target number of gem matches for your pal to attack, any gems over the target are not counted for your next attack, but instead the puzzle pal goes back to the starting line with zero gems credited towards the next attack. Please don't misunderstand me - I LOVE that the game is challenging but I also want it to be fair. Especially in light of the fact that it takes an hour to get one game play life restored, that 5 lives are the max, that there are no built in tasks that can earn gold instead of buying it, that it costs 44 gold bars for 5 more turns but you can get 5 more lives for 32 bars of gold. Yikes, sorry my friend, I had to get that off my chest and it is NOT directed at you. Please forgive me for venting in my reply to such a nice post from you. I love hearing from you so keep me posted and keep in touch. Good luck and have fun! Emily

yorkeme
07-03-15, 06:00 PM

How is progress so far?. I meant to post this picture with my last post. I'm not bragging because I did buy some of these bit here is a screen shot of the pals I don't have yet. After clearing Tiki Temple Trail I will go back to work on my 3 stars for the stages where I came up short.

xanethi
07-04-15, 01:06 AM
We are stuck on the same level and powerlevel then yorkeme.

jim23cash
07-04-15, 02:54 AM
B
. I meant to post this picture with my last post. I'm not bragging because I did buy some of these bit here is a screen shot of the pals I don't have yet. After clearing Tiki Temple Trail I will go back to work on my 3 stars for the stages where I came up short.

I noticed I had some missing pals from earlier levels that I wanted to try to get, so I went back into the earlier levels, and bought pals, but it gave me current rares. Then I traded in keys, and got one of the older ones. :P I hope it gives me the chance to fill in all my album pals at some point.
I've been stuck on the same level for a while now. I don't remember the number, but It's one of the levels with Geodes. I'm not really sure how to use them effectively yet. So far, Ive just gotten lucky!
Yorkme, I'm in a similar situation, (except I play a few more games than you), essentially home bound and spend my entertainment budget on games. Glad you figured out Lucien! You have such different pals than me! I have a hard time using those with 2 s****s often, because it takes too many hits to get them to work! Especially on those levels that require a certain amount of sword strikes.
Good Luck Everyone!

xanethi
07-04-15, 03:10 AM
Finaly passed level 197. Ended up using the following PALS:

Cassandra: light blue removes "swirl (or as i like to call it Black hole)"
Freddy: green blaster
San: purple shield
Fang: purple bomb
Good luck everyone

jim23cash
07-04-15, 06:59 AM
OMG,it was 203 I was stuck on. I tried so many different pals! I just don't understand Geodes well enough, I guess. When I finally beat it, I got 3 Stars! Here's the lineup I used:

yorkeme
07-04-15, 08:47 AM
B
I noticed I had some missing pals from earlier levels that I wanted to try to get, so I went back into the earlier levels, and bought pals, but it gave me current rares. Then I traded in keys, and got one of the older ones. :P I hope it gives me the chance to fill in all my album pals at some point.
I've been stuck on the same level for a while now. I don't remember the number, but It's one of the levels with Geodes. I'm not really sure how to use them effectively yet. So far, Ive just gotten lucky!
Yorkme, I'm in a similar situation, (except I play a few more games than you), essentially home bound and spend my entertainment budget on games. Glad you figured out Lucien! You have such different pals than me! I have a hard time using those with 2 s****s often, because it takes too many hits to get them to work! Especially on those levels that require a certain amount of sword strikes.
Good Luck Everyone!

Hi Annie. I'm sorry to hear that you might be going through something personal, perhaps health related such as myself. I hope you won't mind my saying that I will pray for you. Now, on to our favorite subject- Diamond Quest! LOL

I hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but by geodes are you referring to the new rock obstacles that turn into Gems once broken? I think I've mostly gotten lucky on those too. But it only takes two hits to turn them into gems I think. First hit turns it into a color in the center then the second hit or match adjoining it's position turns it into a gem and credits a large amount of gem hits (I think).

I am not the most eloquent writer and with my memory issues it's hard for me to "replay" the action in my mind so I am probably not the best at explaining the process. Sorry my friend. I always look forward to seeing new posts from you so please keep us posted on your progress.

Have a a great day and happy 4th of July! Emily

yorkeme
07-04-15, 08:58 AM
Finaly passed level 197. Ended up using the following PALS:

Cassandra: light blue removes "swirl (or as i like to call it Black hole)"
Freddy: green blaster
San: purple shield
Fang: purple bomb
Good luck everyone

great job xanethi!!! So happy for you! I don't know why, but every time I post that I'm stuck on a stage, I somehow manage to get past it when I go back in to play. Same thing happened yesterday. After I wrote that I was stuck, I got through it somehow LOL!

I currently stumped at stage 202, power level 38.

Here is my team for 197 for others out there working on this stage. I only got 1 star with this BTW.

yorkeme
07-04-15, 09:02 AM
Happy 4th of July for my fellow gamers who celebrate this day! Happy Saturday for those who don't!

i have immensely enjoyed all of the posts here and always look forward to seeing more from my gaming friends. Good luck to all!

With warm regards, Emily

jim23cash
07-05-15, 03:22 AM
Hi Annie. I'm sorry to hear that you might be going through something personal, perhaps health related such as myself. I hope you won't mind my saying that I will pray for you. Now, on to our favorite subject- Diamond Quest! LOL

I hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but by geodes are you referring to the new rock obstacles that turn into Gems once broken? I think I've mostly gotten lucky on those too. But it only takes two hits to turn them into gems I think. First hit turns it into a color in the center then the second hit or match adjoining it's position turns it into a gem and credits a large amount of gem hits (I think).

I am not the most eloquent writer and with my memory issues it's hard for me to "replay" the action in my mind so I am probably not the best at explaining the process. Sorry my friend. I always look forward to seeing new posts from you so please keep us posted on your progress.

Have a a great day and happy 4th of July! Emily
Hi Emily! Yes, I have multiple chronic illnesses that keep me in bed mostly. Sorry to hear you are in a similar position. Never know what life is gonna throw atcha next. :) hopefully something good next time!
Yes, Geodes are those round rocks, that crack when you match once next to them, break open to show the gem color the second time, and give you 5 gems the third time you match next to them. I'm just having a hard time with strategy using them. Mostly, I just make as many special gems as I can, and combine them. Eventually I get past them. I'm finished with this area, waiting for gate, so I'm going back thru trying for 3 stars. It's weird how sometimes I can get 3 stars on first try, and sometimes it takes forever to get one! I'm stuck on one now that I've tried so many times, I sick of it. Need to take a break. Hope you have a nice day! :D Annie
EDIT: level 191 :(

pcsgal
07-06-15, 04:08 PM
Ooh, I am stuck on 203 but do not have your Penguin Jim23. I have Penguin envy now.

jim23cash
07-06-15, 09:37 PM
ooh, i am stuck on 203 but do not have your penguin jim23. I have penguin envy now.

lol! :D

jim23cash
07-06-15, 09:39 PM
Ooh, I am stuck on 203 but do not have your Penguin Jim23. I have Penguin envy now.

That level took me a really long time! Maybe someone else will have a different lineup. Anyone?

pcsgal
07-07-15, 05:14 AM
That level took me a really long time! Maybe someone else will have a different lineup. Anyone?

I can't believe I did it this morning! Only one star but whew! Here's my lineup ... Not sure if I am uploading image correctly from iPad ...tried to do as an attachment

jim23cash
07-07-15, 08:04 AM
I can't believe I did it this morning! Only one star but whew! Here's my lineup ... Not sure if I am uploading image correctly from iPad ...tried to do as an attachment

Congratulations! :D Annie

yorkeme
07-07-15, 08:46 AM
Defeated the final (for now at least) Lucien. Now back to get 3 stars on my previous stages. So far, stages 1-96 and intermittently thereafter are 3 stars.

You are too funny pcsgal! I also had "penguin envy" when I saw Jim23cash's lineup for that stage! Hilarious!

Keep your progress reports coming and great job everyone! This last area was challenging but fun! Happy gaming!

Emily

pcsgal
07-07-15, 04:30 PM
Defeated the final (for now at least) Lucien. Now back to get 3 stars on my previous stages. So far, stages 1-96 and intermittently thereafter are 3 stars. Emily

Made it to Lucien, then will go back and hunt stars. I really need to beef up my teams!

xanethi
07-08-15, 10:19 AM
Waiting at the gate before lucien now. Working on stars while i wait. And great job to all WHO finished

Hissongc
05-18-16, 03:11 AM
What pals did you use to beat Stage 174?