PDA

View Full Version : New ideas/Improvements

mattjd169
06-26-15, 08:48 AM
Hello all.
First off THANK YOU for updating android version.
I'm loving it.
I'm so excited for the arctic wastelands and Album to arrive.

Even with all the additions I believe there is room for great enhancements to game play.

1. When asking for <insert resource> Maps, Lotus Blossoms, or others.
* Implement - A 'Select All' friends button. Removes repeated scrolling.
* If not the button clean/tweak the interface. Remove the faces to fit more names. Support window rotation.
- Allow the window to shift to a vertical column.
- This will at least add room for more selections in the window and reduce scrolling of friends.
2. Farming.
*Increase the amount of farms.
*Add more veggies variety. Some super high cost [coins] with a fast growth rate.
*Create a new farm window. See my awful mock-up below.
-One window - select veggies and choose the farms. Done. Removes repeated steps.
3. Mining.
* Gold and other gems. Adds needed resources. You can determine restrictions.
4. Gifting.
* Why can we only gift 3 items. Your other products allow for more?
* If I attempt to gift and someone has reached their max receipt of gifts I lose my attempt.
- I did not gift the person as they did NOT receive my gift.
5. Please create a Large Diamond habitat.
6. Arena.
*Consider Ultra Rare Dragons as rewards for competitions instead of always adding a new dragon.
7. Too many / frequent NEW Dragons.
*I sometime feel frustrated seeing new dragons. I can not focus on the existing dragons.
8. Creativity of dragon ideas. basketball/soccer/candy themes? I say No! They are not dragons. Teddy bears maybe.
* Consider the elements and minerals. Diamonds do not have to be the only stone dragons.
* Hybrids of existing dragons. Two headed variant. Red/Yellow.
* Clans of dragons. Regions, fictitious worlds.
* 4x gem dragons
9. Breeding.
* I believe the placement of some Dragons in the breeding tables needs to be reviewed.
* I've made a chart with a guide I believe is balanced and list some flagrant misplacement of Commons.
* There are some flagrant Ultras as well. They do not hold up your progress to a goal unnecessarily though.
10. Confirmation Windows.
*For example breeding acceleration no longer requires a confirmation of the Gold spending. Nudge Nudge Wink Wink.
*Example 2. I send a gift. There is a confirmation window. Why?
-If as I mentioned above I have no means of saving the 'Gift attempt' I see no reason to acknowledge the transaction.

Well that's a lot.
Thank you again for all your effort and time.
I'm really enjoying the game
-Matt
I look forward to any comments and I'm hopeful I'll see some ideas implemented.
I'd also be curious if beside money the technical reasons that would prevent implementation of the ideas.

lucylu127
07-01-15, 05:12 PM
Storm8 need to fix bugs, very frustrating. I've been playing this game for over three years and have been frustrated by storm8 lack of assistance. Right now we have a tournament on both drangon and fantasy island. It's on the second day well disapiard on day two. Whoopy and on dragon just went on to complet battle 15 and oops I'm back to round 1. Who's running the show there. Hellooooo loads of us who play this game play it to enjoy not to be frustrated.

hiabarara
07-07-15, 11:19 AM
Wow. They should hire you :D Your ideas sound amazing.
One thing I would add is a second Evolution Temple. I would pay even 500 gold for one. It's just ridiculous that some dragons need one day to evolve and during that day I get at least three other dragons ready to evolve. And then all these dragons need to evolve multiple times. It's just beyond frustrating.

cassandrad0123
07-08-15, 09:31 AM
Maybe instead of a second evolution temple a double time weekend event where time is reduced to half in the evolution temple. Add to that maybe a day or two of one hour healing time after tournaments...or before the tournament. I love this game!

mattjd169
07-08-15, 01:45 PM
Wow. They should hire you :D Your ideas sound amazing.

Thank you for the kind words.
I only hope they take some of the ideas into consideration.
I have some more I've been banging around along with some of my hack edits of the UI.

As to your Evolution Temple idea.
They do offer a second temple you can purchase w/gold that is 'charged' also w/gold.
That is too expensive for me.
I would certainly entertain a purchase of the Temple with gold IF it could be charged with silver instead. Say 2 million for a few days.
The Gold they are asking would ramp up too fast. For me at least.

Cassandra's Reduced Time idea would be awesome too!
Maybe that could be a reward for an Area Event instead of so many new dragons.

Great stuff All. The ideas are flowing!
Hopefully we can effect some change.

All the best.

mattjd169
07-08-15, 02:24 PM
Storm8 need to fix bugs, very frustrating. I've been playing this game for over three years and have been frustrated by storm8 lack of assistance.

Lucy,

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not an expert but I have had issues with DS in the past.
My thread was not necessarily for bug reports.

I can advise if you have your Storm / Team Lava account setup you can safely do some troubleshooting.
First confirm you have the account setup using the Storm menu. [See bottom screenshot]
It will have your account name at the top if you have it setup. If not DO NOT proceed.

Search the forums for the process to create an account.
I was able to find it when looking to upgrade my phone.
You need it to transfer your progress to a new device.
I did not want to lose years of progress.

Anyway.
If you have all that confirmed you can uninstall the app from your device.
Perform a full reboot followed by a fresh install DS.
Now go into the Storm menu and login with your account.
Your progression will sync. A reboot may be required.

This may clear your issues especially if memory was being effected.
I know I had 10 or 12 copies of all the DS updates in my app list.
It was taking up needed space for the memory swap file I'm sure.

If that does not help I would suggest screen captures and a detailed explanation of your trouble.
I upgraded to a new device that had a large screen. Prior to Pool Party.
I could not reach the edges of my islands without zooming in to collect or select anything. Talk about annoying.
I captured some screens and walked through my trouble as accurate as possible.
I did get a reply. Not a "We will fix it" response. But I do believe they 'hear' our issues.
Proof was in the pudding as they say. Sometime after an update installed and *poof* I could roam about all my islands without issue.
No mention in the notes of fixes or on my thread. So maybe it was a fluke.
Thank you unknown tech!

All the best.
I hope you find success. Frustration is awful.

Check your Storm 8 menu [Top Right Corner]

mattjd169
07-08-15, 02:52 PM
Here is a farming idea. New items to farm!!!
I'd luv some contributions to improve my proposal.

I know we all luv to get in the dirt for our beloved dragons.

I have a breakdown of the current crops. Sorted by Harvest time.
In the screenshot below I have added some new fruit/veggies. I believe the total to be 14 crops with my additions.

I need names. Some better names then my place holders obviously.
I also wish to fine tune cost and yield ratios. I rushed some numbers.
I chose to add the new items based on Harvest times.
My idea is to add an expensive variant of the current crops.

Please give me some ideas! Have fun.
If we get a nice crop list. I'll sum up in a clean post.

mattjd169
07-10-15, 10:03 AM
Here is a Mining idea I like.
In the screen below you can see reward 'Bonus Items'.

I luv the fruit/veggies.
Get rid of the coins or add into the rotation Gems!
We luv those pretties.
Especially these tough ones.
They all could be included of course.
I find these the hardest to 'Trade' in for.

So maybe this could be an option instead of my initial idea of mining for Gems just add them as a Bonus.

What do all you miners think?

jao1961
07-22-15, 11:05 AM
My thought is why not gift much needed apples for food or coins that would be a huge help.I'm not lucky enough to play in this tournament really want to though!!An idea just a thought here, I have lots of baby dragons.How about a nursery to hold say 4 or 5.Also another idea for a mating roost,have a honeymoon "suite". Maybe hold a contest for dragon ideas,drawings dragon names,decorations. I played in the last tourney I loved it!It was very fun,my very first one.

mattjd169
07-24-15, 10:58 AM
I luv the fruit/veggies.
Get rid of the coins or add into the rotation Gems!

Thinking about that comment.
It makes more sense that mining would more realistically yield coins and gems and not the beloved fruit I espoused.

mattjd169
07-24-15, 11:41 AM
gift much needed apples for food or coins that would be a huge help.

I like the idea of gifting more items.
-Fruit
-Coins (limited amounts developers choice){example = Bag of 500}
-Gems (from Trading in a dragon)
-Battle Arena rewards used to craft dragons

jao1961
07-24-15, 03:55 PM
OK I'm in RS and a thought occurred to me just popped in my head.How does a calligraphy dragon sound??A dragon with maybe red green yellow wings with calligraphy designs or writing on them.

mattjd169
08-02-15, 10:29 PM
Rework the Trade window.

1- List the dragons Low to High
2- Add a 'color' filter for sorting.

1985Leonie
08-03-15, 03:40 PM
Matt it's nearly unbelievable. All of your ideas I also had, many times while playing. I agree with all of them. I hope TL will consider about some of it.

1985Leonie
08-03-15, 03:41 PM
And I like your pictures, they are exact the way I would like it to have.

blackeneddove
08-03-15, 03:55 PM
Here is a farming idea. New items to farm!!!
I'd luv some contributions to improve my proposal.

I know we all luv to get in the dirt for our beloved dragons.

I have a breakdown of the current crops. Sorted by Harvest time.
In the screenshot below I have added some new fruit/veggies. I believe the total to be 14 crops with my additions.

I need names. Some better names then my place holders obviously.
I also wish to fine tune cost and yield ratios. I rushed some numbers.
I chose to add the new items based on Harvest times.
My idea is to add an expensive variant of the current crops.

Please give me some ideas! Have fun.
If we get a nice crop list. I'll sum up in a clean post.

Cool! Thanks for this - a name I was thinking of this morning was Primeapples (and they could look kinda like Pineapples :) ) Of course, Idk if this would be for iOS only because of Prime dragons? Or if it could be a food for all dragons. I just thought the name was cool because of the Prime dragons.

mattjd169
08-04-15, 03:38 PM
I have to design something.
I want to feed my dragons via a window instead of scrolling all around my islands.
If I can not find them in time they can get very frisky. I've lost an intern or two because they were not prompt with the feedings.

Having a 'stable' of some type to feed them would be awesome.
It can be something as easy as the interface of the Trading Portal or something more elegant.
This gives us another decoration. It also adds fuel to the 'more land' outcry going on. Hint Hint...Caverns in the island.

mattjd169
08-04-15, 03:42 PM
Primeapples (and they could look kinda like Pineapples :) )

Luv it!
Thanks.

golferchick777
08-17-15, 03:07 PM
Dragon Story goal window - each goal takes up so much room and with there being so many of them ... is there any way to make them smaller, have a scroll bar and or have the goal that you made progress in jump to the top like RS, FS & BS?
Thank you!

Kennedward
08-18-15, 07:16 PM
Nice ideas!

LadyChocobo
08-25-15, 04:18 PM
I am currently having issues with push notifications. I have them turned off in the menu but in they come at all hours anyways. 5pm, 11am, sure. I don't want them but yeah, its not that bad. It's the ones at 1am, 330 am, 5am...you get my point. And it's not JUST Dragon Story either. It happens on ALL my Storm8 games. HELP!