PDA

View Full Version : Horrible update..loss of block feature

LightAndLove83
06-26-15, 08:42 AM
So is there going to be a "Fix" to this "fix?" Cus I've lost my block feature, I have no way to unblock those who've been blocked, and my wall is disproportionate to the size of the screen verses the size of the text. Please just put things back the way they were!!

bobbyrae
06-26-15, 09:15 AM
I still have my block button.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/0ee514c9ac9633b638775143a1a615c1.jpg

But I don't understand why everything is so BIG in this update. The Design menu is almost a quarter of the screen for heaven's sake.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/3a1c5cc9bb48137ee940e4a07f1682f2.jpg

And why is that "News" thing floating in the middle of my screen like that?

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/a1094ad8d1104a1d8e5761af313eb4f9.jpg

And why, why why did they mess with gifting? You now don't have the option to choose what you send back to your neighbours when you "gift back". When I click gift back I only have the option of sending coloured plastic. To choose a gift I have to go into my neighbour list and gift from there. So NOT cool.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/d60219bfb5fb7af8e0aa5ae91ca004fb.jpg

The inventory looks different as well. Easier to scroll through.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/963ba426c8318cc6c779cc1ad7587432.jpg

bobbyrae
06-26-15, 09:24 AM
So I tested the "block" button to make sure it was actually working.

It works alright.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/ccb12b19bf792d5587efb934d0332217.jpg

Of course, now I can't unblock my neighbour. So that's NOT good since this was only a test. TL can you please sort this out? We used to be able to undo this.

bobbyrae
06-26-15, 10:00 AM
And some of my wall decor have turned into "blinking" decor. This one in particular blinks on and off.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/38a4f694831f5f5c15c0fbb4f5e8427e.jpg

This second one only shows up when I'm in design mode.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/e9eac5e800e5aa4391b7e864bdd85132.jpg

minidemon88
06-26-15, 10:44 AM
Lol, wow bobbyrae you tested all the "improvement"! Nice job! XD Now, let's send colored plastic for everyone! =x Although I don't use the gift back option. I mass gift from the neighbor list instead. But you need to tap on the check box for gifting instead.

Ah, so that's the free gems icon everyone is talking about. Too bad, I don't have it in both of my games. :(

Mpr102
06-26-15, 10:48 AM
Block/unblock is working fine for me . If you want to gift/request you need to tab the square not the name it works for me . And did anyone realize the (Watch Ad to speed up) button when you tab on something you cook

bobbyrae
06-26-15, 10:49 AM
Lol, wow bobbyrae you tested all the "improvement"! Nice job! XD Now, let's send colored plastic for everyone! =x Although I don't use the gift back option. I mass gift from the neighbor list instead. But you need to tap on the check box for gifting instead.

Ah, so that's the free gems icon everyone is talking about. Too bad, I don't have it in both of my games. :(

I do mass gift most of the times. But some neighbours are building things and so I like to send them whatever I know they need, to help them along. So I do use the gift back button a lot I fear.

As for the gem button, maybe it's there in your games, but maybe like my wall decor it's just playing hide and seek! :p

bobbyrae
06-26-15, 10:55 AM
Block/unblock is working fine for me . If you want to gift/request you need to tab the square not the name it works for me . And did anyone realize the (Watch Ad to speed up) button when you tab on something you cook

I don't understand. I accept a gift. This is what happens:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/aca188a7eb3d63f147f93f5f9e5b5da0.jpg

And I hit "gift back" and this is what now happens:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/c2f7d1352ab46b1bf5db3959b1b2d3dc.jpg

This is what used to happen (had to use bakery story...sorry) :
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/ac786c9867386bf9e1d04034435f4e0a.jpg

That whole second step is now gone.

3cala
06-26-15, 11:06 AM
Someone missed the ever-important QA step on this release! How embarrassing.

meme1098
06-26-15, 11:43 AM
See the bugs thread regarding this. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82617-Restaurant-Story-1-7-6-Issues
TL/S8 supposedly looking into it.
I got around the return gifting issue by gifting from the nbrs restaurant.

So I tested the "block" button to make sure it was actually working.

It works alright.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/ccb12b19bf792d5587efb934d0332217.jpg

Of course, now I can't unblock my neighbour. So that's NOT good since this was only a test. TL can you please sort this out? We used to be able to undo this.

~~~Try tapping on the name or right next to it. I was able to unblock someone that way.

And wish my gifting screen looked like that!!! Mine looks like this:

Someone missed the ever-important QA step on this release! How embarrassing.
Interns let loose with coding....lol

bordercollielover4
06-26-15, 02:40 PM
Hi I'm writing because I updated to the new Version of Resturant Story and I noticed a few bugs which I listed below

1) no longer to copy or paste a message to more then 1 person see in the past you could write out a message like happy Friday and copy and when you visited a friend you could paste to them and so on to all your nbrs instead of having to write the same message over 100 times I hope this will be fixed asap cause now the tab buttons get in the way and I can't copy or paste

2) my game is running very slowly and glitching a lot like when I visit someone it takes a few minutes for there shop to load up so I can see there tables and tip them

3) gifts are not working right and sending back random items

4) unblocking someone is not available so they have to stay blocked

I hope these issues can be fixed asap Ty

�� Accepting 3/4 star players who tip daily & leave a note help with new ovens and goals I'd bordercollielover4 ��

meme1098
06-26-15, 02:46 PM
There's a thread in the Bugs section here:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82617-Restaurant-Story-1-7-6-Issues

I was able to unblock by tapping on the near the names of the right. Had to tap several times.
Send gifts through neighbor list or at neighbors restaurant

Game is pretty messed up after the "bug" fix update....lol

xjuelx
06-26-15, 03:41 PM
I actually like that the design tab is larger. It's really hard to see some things and if you don't have enough gems you can't preview it by placing it on the floor, which is a little silly. If I could see it well enough to know for certain that I liked it, I would buy gems so I could get it. But I'm not buying gems just to be able to view something that I may not like once I'm able to actually see what it looks like.
Other than that though, all of the other changes are rather cumbersome to say the least.

Edited to add: I misspoke when I said all of the other changes. I was very pleased with the three free gems I got this morning for watching some ads. ;)

LightAndLove83
06-26-15, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry guys, I was actually speaking of Bakery Story. I posted this on the wrong forums, though at first, I wasn't able to block on Restaurant Story either. That has since changed. I'm OK with the bigger screen, but a little perturbed that android users are able to earn tons of gems and IOS isn't. I have a friend who has Android and she has been able to earn a ton of gems from downloads, watching videos, etc etc. NOT COOL S8!!!

ElaineCarrel
06-26-15, 05:56 PM
I don't like this new fix update at all.
I had no problem w the copying and pasting from 1 nor to the next. I did notice that the font tends to b smaller also.

TL plz give us back the goodies we used to have.

PepperWoo
06-26-15, 06:13 PM
I spy my bakery name up there bobbyrae! lol Tsk tsk thank goodness my Appstore isn't set to auto update. I feel bad for you guys who updated to this 'performance optimization and bug fixes' version of BS and RS and I hope they resolve this asap!

TAB127
06-26-15, 08:03 PM
I hate this update it's horrible!!!!! Please please please change it back TL!!!!!!

LalaSmooth
06-27-15, 02:09 AM
No update here for android

bobbyrae
06-27-15, 11:41 AM
I spy my bakery name up there bobbyrae! lol Tsk tsk thank goodness my Appstore isn't set to auto update. I feel bad for you guys who updated to this 'performance optimization and bug fixes' version of BS and RS and I hope they resolve this asap!

:) I know. I'm sorry about that. I couldn't bother to scratch out the names. :-/
I only updated rs as I was reading the reviews of the bs update. Little did I know the same changes were made to rs. So my BS will remain not updated until I am forced to do so. :p

LalaSmooth
06-27-15, 02:19 PM
I feel so sorry for you ios users

twospoons
06-27-15, 02:53 PM
I'm sorry guys, I was actually speaking of Bakery Story. I posted this on the wrong forums, though at first, I wasn't able to block on Restaurant Story either. That has since changed. I'm OK with the bigger screen, but a little perturbed that android users are able to earn tons of gems and IOS isn't. I have a friend who has Android and she has been able to earn a ton of gems from downloads, watching videos, etc etc. NOT COOL S8!!!

Curious android user here: wasn't that one of the changes? I'm just reading the other comments, but it seems like that's one of the features it would be hard to object to --free gems to watch ads.

Which pretty much ****s the only positive android ever had over ios.

aiyoosha
06-27-15, 04:27 PM
whats that news thing on ur screen bobbyrae? i dont have it on my rs

orleansparish
06-27-15, 04:33 PM
The gift situation is similar to the one from castle, im sure they will fix it soon, if we let them know of its issues. I like that we can get gems daily. So im stocking up from android and now ios. Everything else is blah. The block button is lame anyways.

LadyEna
06-27-15, 06:55 PM
Is it just me that the game seems to dragging
when visiting neighbors?

TexasFarmerBarb
06-28-15, 10:14 AM
What is that free gem thing in the upper right hand corner? I don't see it in my restaurant!

meme1098
06-28-15, 11:12 AM
What is that free gem thing in the upper right hand corner? I don't see it in my restaurant!

There's an icon in the upper right corner under the S8 logo. Tap & watch videos for free gems. Watch 22 just now. The first day only allowed me to watch 10

DLL137
06-28-15, 11:37 AM
i do not have that!! :( I use a mini iPad regularly (gets regular software updates) and an iPhone 5 (that's never been updated)

meme1098
06-28-15, 02:24 PM
i do not have that!! :( I use a mini iPad regularly (gets regular software updates) and an iPhone 5 (that's never been updated)

Have you updated the RS app? It had an update a few days ago & that's when it appeared. Check the App Store.

LadyEna
06-28-15, 02:41 PM
I don't have the option of videos on mine either after update.

lynniefish
06-28-15, 02:48 PM
No free video-watching gems for me, either...have updated the game on iPhone, iPad and android devices. What's up with that, Storm8? Now you're playing favorites within the android/iOS divisions? "Heh-heh-heh, let's watch them turn on themselves!"

deekathleen
06-28-15, 02:56 PM
It's an update of the game (that you go to the app store and get), not an update of your device.

pipipooh1977
06-28-15, 08:21 PM

Android users don't have the watch for gems feature, only ios users do. But I also heard not all the ios users have this...

I have an ipad and an Android device. I have the watch for gems in RS on my ipad, but not in BS...in BS it dissappears as soon as I sign in. It's there at first but then vanishes. Now on my Android device I don't have watch for gems in either game.

aiyoosha
06-28-15, 08:42 PM
No free video-watching gems for me, either...have updated the game on iPhone, iPad and android devices. What's up with that, Storm8? Now you're playing favorites within the android/iOS divisions? "Heh-heh-heh, let's watch them turn on themselves!"

lool thats a good one

lorettasapron
06-29-15, 03:38 AM
From what I've gathered, the video features are only available to iOS users via this latest (and dreadful) app update. And they appear to have been given randomly to players - some have them and some don't.

There are two different types of video feature on the go. The first is a 'free gems' icon that appears in the top right corner and gives the player the opportunity to watch an ad for a free gem. After a certain number of ads you are locked out for a specified time period before more videos become available. The number of ads you get to watch in one sitting is variable. I think some players have only been able to watch a handful while others have made a fortune from this feature. Personally I've not had the 'free gems' option in RS yet, but in BS have made over 200 gems since Friday!!!

The second type of video feature is a 'speed up cooking' option. I've not had it in either game, but believe that it appears when you double tap a recipe which is cooking. The Manage Appliance window then offers up the chance to watch an ad to speed up the cook. I think it may be by two hours, but having not had this feature myself am open to correction.

I hope this clarifies things a little. :)

DLL137
06-29-15, 01:15 PM
Have you updated the RS app? It had an update a few days ago & that's when it appeared. Check the App Store.

It gets automatically updated on the mini iPad and I've just updated the one on my iPhone which did not add the free gem feature. :( what a huge bummer as I do buy them and my birthday is coming up :( some (basically) free gems would have been really kind and sweet.

amerirish
06-29-15, 01:31 PM
I'm on ios (iPhone 6) and I don't have the icon to watch videos for gems (I am definitely using the latest update - version 1.7.6 because I checked the app store). I do have the option to watch a video and speed up cooking on an appliance by 2 hours.

DLL137
06-29-15, 01:44 PM
I'm on ios (iPhone 6) and I don't have the icon to watch videos for gems (I am definitely using the latest update - version 1.7.6 because I checked the app store). I do have the option to watch a video and speed up cooking on an appliance by 2 hours.

So weird I don't even have the 2 hour speed up option...just reinforces my conspiracy of Donald Sterling owning the game :p

LalaSmooth
06-29-15, 03:00 PM
I have an idea!! We need spices in the game like instant cook and to speed up cooking times eg 1 hour, 12 hours etc etc :)

deekathleen
06-29-15, 03:40 PM
I think the spice thing is something they do in rs2

Ilovetodesign
06-29-15, 07:05 PM
I keep having the problem with things being way too big all of a sudden and the free gems thing.

rouge1969
06-30-15, 03:53 AM
I fear that the free gems means we will see more items for gems (like stoves) and higher priced gem items :-(

joeybasenji
06-30-15, 06:33 AM
why do IPad players not have that free gem sign? cannot Watch video's for free gems? can someone please fix this?

Huntress38
06-30-15, 03:16 PM
I have huge icons, tiny font on writing, can't gift back if I choose this option it just sends a pre chosen gift like colored plastic, so I have to either visit each neighbour and return the gift they asked for that way or just send everybody food. Also I have the watch a video for a free gem but when I watch the video it speeds up my cooking yet the icon says get a free gem so how do I get a free gem and not my cooking sped up by a couple of hours as I would rather have the free gem and I can then along with mastering foods to get gems can use the videos to help me save up for expansions as I don't want lots and lots of neighbours but would like to expand but don't have the cash to buy gems.

twospoons
06-30-15, 03:40 PM
From what I've gathered, the video features are only available to iOS users via this latest (and dreadful) app update. And they appear to have been given randomly to players - some have them and some don't.

There are two different types of video feature on the go. The first is a 'free gems' icon that appears in the top right corner and gives the player the opportunity to watch an ad for a free gem. After a certain number of ads you are locked out for a specified time period before more videos become available. The number of ads you get to watch in one sitting is variable. I think some players have only been able to watch a handful while others have made a fortune from this feature. Personally I've not had the 'free gems' option in RS yet, but in BS have made over 200 gems since Friday!!!

The second type of video feature is a 'speed up cooking' option. I've not had it in either game, but believe that it appears when you double tap a recipe which is cooking. The Manage Appliance window then offers up the chance to watch an ad to speed up the cook. I think it may be by two hours, but having not had this feature myself am open to correction.

I hope this clarifies things a little. :)

200 GEMS IN 3 DAYS?!?!?! okay, i know it's unfair that i've been getting 6 free gems a week for a long time on android (and i fully support equality between the operating systems), but if an iOS player now can get as many free gems in a week as i get in a year, that really actually will make me stop playing this game. especially since iOS gets so many other benefits android doesn't. it will be tough, and i'll probably have to full-on device detox to stop myself from playing, but i'll do it. how is that even a usable business model?

side note: they randomized the free gems for android downloads for a couple months last year i think it was? don't particularly remember. anyway, instead of everyone getting 6 free gems, it ranged from 4-8. i didn't think they liked the "random" method of offering opportunities like this, since they switched back. I'm surprised they're using it again.

deekathleen
06-30-15, 04:09 PM
Probably because they (s8) get money, from whatever company is doing the advertising, every time someone watches a video.

CassieJo84
06-30-15, 04:21 PM
I think we are "supposed" to get 3 free gems a day, but it messes up and loses track, maybe? My daughter has gotten about 250 gems in the last 2 days, while I have gotten 12-14. The first day I was able to get 24. I don't know, it's strange but I love free gems sooooo. Hope it's worked out and fair for all players, though. The inability to copy and paste drives me nuts.

twospoons
06-30-15, 05:00 PM
Probably because they (s8) get money, from whatever company is doing the advertising, every time someone watches a video.

see, i just don't get that. i mean, if you can monetize the players who never pay S8 anything at all by selling a few seconds of their attention to an advertiser, sure. but if i could make that many gems for free, i'd never have to buy (since i only buy occasionally anyway), and i'm possibly unjustly extrapolating others' reactions based on my own, but i wouldn't think they'd make enough from advertising to make up for loss of direct sales, which have, after all, kept them in business for the past few years. maybe they're selling ads for more than i think they are. or they're just making sure the players who have proven willing to buy gems don't get as many randomized free gems. i guess i just feel like the two revenue streams don't mesh well.

deekathleen
06-30-15, 05:11 PM
see, i just don't get that. i mean, if you can monetize the players who never pay S8 anything at all by selling a few seconds of their attention to an advertiser, sure. but if i could make that many gems for free, i'd never have to buy (since i only buy occasionally anyway), and i'm possibly unjustly extrapolating others' reactions based on my own, but i wouldn't think they'd make enough from advertising to make up for loss of direct sales, which have, after all, kept them in business for the past few years. maybe they're selling ads for more than i think they are. or they're just making sure the players who have proven willing to buy gems don't get as many randomized free gems. i guess i just feel like the two revenue streams don't mesh well.

Oh you would be shocked at how much ads like those pay. That is how so many people make a living off of blogging, podcasts and things like that.

twospoons
06-30-15, 05:26 PM
okay, i've been doing a lot of freemium vs. ad-supported reading in the past few minutes, so i guess ads are an increasingly popular option, although freemium is still "the current king of the monetization options." personally, i liked this opinion from games brief (although it's from 2012, which is a lifetime ago):

There are some reasons to carry ads. I think that cross-promotion of your own games, or those of friends/partners/fellow developers is critical to success on smartphones. But if I were designing a game, I would stop worrying about the 95% of players who will never pay for it. Enjoy letting them have it for free and put all your effort into offering things that the 5% will truly value, and spend lots of money on.

but i'm old and set in my ways. :mad:

deekathleen
06-30-15, 07:06 PM
Oh I agree. I imagine if they truely cared about those who do spend money they would stop the gems traps first off. I think they probably look at players as disposable that can quickly be replaced by the next new player. Then when a game stops bringing in money,they dump it for the next cloned generic game.

PepperWoo
06-30-15, 07:22 PM
Woah, after seeing that post about raking 200 gems from watching ads I just had to update and see if my account is lucky enough to have that feature. Unfortunately all I've gotten are the plethora of bugs posted here, both in the updated BS and RS app. Like some, the watch ads button quickly disappeared after logging in, but I do have the watch ad to speed up cooking option but no thanks lol. Quickly downgraded both apps back to 1.7.5 and won't update until these issues have been resolved.

twospoons
06-30-15, 10:38 PM
Oh I agree. I imagine if they truly cared about those who do spend money they would stop the gems traps first off. I think they probably look at players as disposable that can quickly be replaced by the next new player. Then when a game stops bringing in money,they dump it for the next cloned generic game.

Sadly, I agree.

freesiawoods
07-01-15, 04:41 AM
Have the watch video for gems on RS (though not on BS) but it only worked for a couple of days and most of the time the video 'fails to load'. This past day it has not loaded at all. However, my game seems to ve working and looking normal except for the annoying gifting glitch which I trust they are going to fix!?

meme1098
07-01-15, 06:19 AM
I still have ginormous windows and the main, design & top row info is also huge along with the screwy gifting problem.

lynniefish
07-01-15, 02:53 PM
I still have ginormous windows and the main, design & top row info is also huge along with the screwy gifting problem.

Same here, plus tiny type in the post window along with invisible wall decor.

aiyoosha
07-01-15, 02:56 PM
amusingly enough when the update came out on iphone it said "update for bug fixes in the game" i never had buggy problems before but now i do

LightAndLove83
07-08-15, 02:00 PM
Woah, after seeing that post about raking 200 gems from watching ads I just had to update and see if my account is lucky enough to have that feature. Unfortunately all I've gotten are the plethora of bugs posted here, both in the updated BS and RS app. Like some, the watch ads button quickly disappeared after logging in, but I do have the watch ad to speed up cooking option but no thanks lol. Quickly downgraded both apps back to 1.7.5 and won't update until these issues have been resolved.

How in the world do you downgrade?? Never even knew you could. Would like to get rid of this new version.
Let me know if you see this PepperWoo!

PepperWoo
07-08-15, 09:53 PM
How in the world do you downgrade?? Never even knew you could. Would like to get rid of this new version.
Let me know if you see this PepperWoo!

You can downgrade the app version only if you have backed up your phone/apps (the one containing version 1.7.5) on iTunes before you updated to 1.7.6. If you still have version 1.7.5 on your iTunes, delete version 1.7.6 from your phone > connect your phone to the computer > open iTunes > install BS/RS 1.7.5 from your backed up apps, not from the App Store. I'm not sure if I explained it correctly but you can google it to get clearer instructions! Good luck. :)

cupcake8017
07-27-15, 05:13 AM
There's an icon in the upper right corner under the S8 logo. Tap & watch videos for free gems. Watch 22 just now. The first day only allowed me to watch 10
I updated and had videos for one day.it is not active now???