PDA

View Full Version : Pop up for mystery crate stole my gems

sweetiepb
06-26-15, 12:30 AM
This is such a sneaky practice, having these pop ups come up and one false move and you've bought something you don't even want, without even a confirmation that you truly do want to make the purchase. It just happened to me for the second time, and I'm steaming mad because I'd just saved up enough gems for an expansion. Seriously, do people not spend enough voluntarily on these games that you have to steal from them? I know I've spent plenty already, but I did not consent to this purchase and I want the gems returned.

SparklyOctopus
06-26-15, 10:31 AM
Sorry to hear that! Please write into support@storm8.com and one of our agents will assist you.

Chrysothemis
06-27-15, 12:18 AM
Just had this happen right now, as well. This has to stop. Why should we give them money for gems they will just steal?

I am emailing the given address, we will see if it actually does anything.

Liloze
06-27-15, 05:51 AM
Yeah good luck with that they never returned the gems !

Chrysothemis
06-29-15, 02:43 PM
Yeah, they did not return them, as they had once (in the years I have been playing), returned them once before, in a different TL game. Absolute BS. SparklyOctopus, please note that your suggestion does not work.

sweetiepb
06-30-15, 11:28 AM
This just happened to me AGAIN! I was simply trying to scroll thru the menu at the bottom to get to the expansions, and I must've touched a "mystery crate" item because -boom! - there went another 24 gems and I'm the not so proud owner of some decoration I neither want nor need.

jandtandn
06-30-15, 11:30 AM
This just happened to me AGAIN! I was simply trying to scroll thru the menu at the bottom to get to the expansions, and I must've touched a "mystery crate" item because -boom! - there went another 24 gems and I'm the not so proud owner of some decoration I neither want nor need.

Just happened to me this morning. I've now got some robot in RS that I never wanted.

deekathleen
06-30-15, 11:43 AM
So what exactly do they tell you when they "assist" you?

sweetiepb
06-30-15, 11:56 AM
They say - if you're lucky from what I gather - they'll refund the gems once and only once, don't bother asking again. Then you go back to the game nervous and paranoid about where you put your finger but it just happens again, because it's designed this way. Then the game is no longer fun, but what do they care? At that point they've already gotten from you (voluntarily) three times (or more) what you'd pay to buy any other game outright, and there are thousands of people still shelling out money because they haven't reached their boiling point yet. So they don't really care if you close your bakery and go away, because you are no longer useful. That's why I'm sticking around til they shut me down for complaining- don't think they won't, this is how evil empires are run. I know lots of people who are upset by this; the only hope is if we all raise our voices in protest against this unethical and downright greedy practice.

deekathleen
06-30-15, 12:29 PM
Well, they do constantly have a pop up asking people to rate them........

Liloze
06-30-15, 12:52 PM

Exactly!

sweetiepb
06-30-15, 12:52 PM

Seems only fair to accommodate that request eh?