PDA

View Full Version : Fortune #23

my2place
06-25-15, 12:29 PM
The sole reason I bought the Fortune Tellers Tent was to get to #23 and chop old logs for unlimited glimmer shards/fragments for Sister Sister. I've finally gotten to the point where that is the next fortune I'm waiting to unlock ... but in the meantime, I've also gotten to the point of only being 2 glimmer trap plants away from getting my 20th inscription. What timing and LOL what makes this game fun :)
So I will stay on #23 long enough to max out on the glimmerstuff - is it worth it to stay on longer to keep doing the trade? Or just move on after that?

SpiritWind00
06-25-15, 03:12 PM
I'd make a couple of spare inscriptions just in case and craft a bucket load of dark seeds as there is no max on those. (That's what a lot of us have done) :)

my2place
06-25-15, 04:33 PM
Thanks SW!

roguebee
06-25-15, 07:56 PM
There is a chance that when you trade plants with Belladonna that she will send a skunkupie in return. Not very often. And it is a trade that counts towards expansion permits. But then, I've completed Sister, Sister twice and very slowly working towards the u-goal of Dark Sisters, which includes 99 inscriptions in storage.

ShibuyaCloth
06-25-15, 11:49 PM
I was at the same stage when I finally got fortune #23, so I could not really make use of it for Sinister Sisters. Now I made the Dark Sister goal for those really in need for some serious challenge. As mentioned before Dark Sister is very challenging, this fortune helps if you want to speed things up. I still have this fortune active, but didn't really used it for half a year, too busy with other goals, quests or adventures.

SpiritWind00
06-26-15, 12:08 AM
I just can't bring myself to finish this fortune! Back to the original question about whether you should move on, well, I guess now that you have a whole heap of fortunes available in front of you to get, check out the Hub (post 3) and see if there is something you want more. Definitely max on glimmer bits though first and have a few plants up your sleeve too if you do want to move onto the next fortune. ;)

EBJW
06-26-15, 06:18 AM
I bought the Fortune Teller Tent especially for the Glimmer Rock Fortune. And after "Sister sister" I kept it going, gaining glimmer stuff otherwise is far too hard I think!
And it worked for quite a while.... until one day, a little mistake and oops....! And I've regretted it ever since...

Yes, I can continue with the other fortunes now, however I'm maxed on many stuff, there wasn't much I could use or be happy with...
I soooooo wished I had my glimmery fortune back!!

my2place
06-26-15, 07:55 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice - I think I'll keep #23 going for quite awhile!
And funny, EBJW - I have had dreams about accidentally chopping once too often ... is that a sign of CS addiction? :)

my2place
06-28-15, 04:33 AM
Now that I have the fortune, I've been chopping and growing like crazy, but the limiting factor has become fertilizer! LOL!
And I have to be more careful - I got into such a routine of chopping/selling that I wasn't paying attention and accidentally sold something that I didn't want to :( Hate when that happens!

mreames
06-28-15, 07:24 AM
I hated, despised, loathed sister, sister so much that there's no way I wanted to do something like max out on inscriptions.
Personally, I couldn't wait to get to the sticky fortune.... With its unlimited superglue, which at least has some purpose in the game. Maxed out on builders paste at one point but no longer since I have over 50 architects paste. I may not max out on all things glue but there are no fortunes after that that make me want to leave the sticky fortune behind, yet. ;) just another opinion. ;)

The sole reason I bought the Fortune Tellers Tent was to get to #23 and chop old logs for unlimited glimmer shards/fragments for Sister Sister. I've finally gotten to the point where that is the next fortune I'm waiting to unlock ... but in the meantime, I've also gotten to the point of only being 2 glimmer trap plants away from getting my 20th inscription. What timing and LOL what makes this game fun :)
So I will stay on #23 long enough to max out on the glimmerstuff - is it worth it to stay on longer to keep doing the trade? Or just move on after that?

my2place
06-28-15, 09:03 AM
I hated, despised, loathed sister, sister so much that there's no way I wanted to do something like max out on inscriptions.
Personally, I couldn't wait to get to the sticky fortune.... With its unlimited superglue, which at least has some purpose in the game. Maxed out on builders paste at one point but no longer since I have over 50 architects paste. I may not max out on all things glue but there are no fortunes after that that make me want to leave the sticky fortune behind, yet. ;) just another opinion. ;)

Thanks, I appreciate hearing all opinions! :)

burritosprings
06-28-15, 11:11 AM
Sister Sister was created so people would buy the Tent.. Yes FT was in game but look at long range... how many people bought that tent when they relized the sticky fortune was there?? or am I seeing black helicopters?

Anaboe
06-29-15, 03:08 PM
Now that I have the fortune, I've been chopping and growing like crazy, but the limiting factor has become fertilizer! LOL!
And I have to be more careful - I got into such a routine of chopping/selling that I wasn't paying attention and accidentally sold something that I didn't want to :( Hate when that happens!

Me too... I accidentaly sold my Purple Cow that way... (thank TL I got it back!). But now I'm on the Super Glue-fortune, trying to make 99 Magic Cement - so I'm always short on wood. I was happy I finished Sinister Sister, and could chop that last chop of the log... ;)