PDA

View Full Version : Level 116, timed bombs, Help please

Buttercup0001
06-24-15, 06:32 PM
I've been stuck on level 116 now for a week, I almost passed it if only I had one more move. I'm really enjoying this game but these timed bombs are leaving me frustrated. Anytips on how to get past this level?

jim23cash
06-25-15, 08:22 AM
I've been stuck on level 116 now for a week, I almost passed it if only I had one more move. I'm really enjoying this game but these timed bombs are leaving me frustrated. Anytips on how to get past this level?

You don't say which pals you are using. I guess you probably don't have one that gets rid of timed bombs? Do you have any pals that get rid of the weights? I used a yellow one that gets rid of 3 weights and a blue one that gets rid of one weight, then a green one with bombs and a purple one with bombs. If you don't have one that gets rid of weights, I would choose ones that create a bomb or special gem that takes out a row when matched. Make sure you only use pals that match the colors on the pal page, there are no reds on this level.
Basically, this is a level that does not always start with the same layout. You need a good layout to win this level. I look at the gem positions, and if I don't think it looks good, I pause game and hit the far left button, which takes you back to pal page. It will only work if you have not made any moves yet. I use this a lot to re-choose pals, but it's also good for re-setting the gems.
If you get good gem placement, try to make matches with the timed bombs as quickly as possible, or try to make multiple special gems that you can use together. A bomb and any other special gem together will make a bigger explosion than 2 separate ones. After that, try to get rid of as many weights as possible. Also, try not to let the opponent throw any blocks in screen, or get rid of them after timed bombs are gone.
That's all I can think of, unless you have a pal that gets rid of timed bombs or weights(that is not red).
Hope this helps! Good luck! :D

jim23cash
06-25-15, 08:47 AM
Btw, I went back in with this group and a good layout, and got three stars:
The layout is really the crucial part. :D

Buttercup0001
06-25-15, 04:04 PM
Hi Annie and thx for replying. A few hours after I posted the message I finally got past the level. I must have had a good layout as I had 8 moves left. I used my pals that made bombs, which I was doing before posting my message. I dont have a pal that clears timed bombs which is unfortunate but so glad I passed the level. I didn't know about the pause button, so thankyou for that hint, ill be using that one. On onto level 117, I had 2 turn at it so far, looks like another few days to get past this one. Thanks again Annie :D

jim23cash
07-01-15, 04:43 AM
Hi Annie and thx for replying. A few hours after I posted the message I finally got past the level. I must have had a good layout as I had 8 moves left. I used my pals that made bombs, which I was doing before posting my message. I dont have a pal that clears timed bombs which is unfortunate but so glad I passed the level. I didn't know about the pause button, so thankyou for that hint, ill be using that one. On onto level 117, I had 2 turn at it so far, looks like another few days to get past this one. Thanks again Annie :D
You're welcome! Ask me anytime. :D