PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Quest event

Pages : 1 [2]

boden_brandt
06-27-15, 11:46 PM
Nef isn't back for me. I sat in game for ten minutes, then force closed n sat there for another ten. Sam didn't show either n he's well over due too. My waitors (waitresses) are serving invisible people again, so perhaps the team are still fiddling with it.

i must say i'm a little disappointed that all of the recipes have such a short cooking time. They earn a lot of money, but you'd have to sit in game constantly to benefit from it, and have a large number of shelves to hold steak. I started with bacon burger thinking that with the highest humber of sauces to learn, it must be most beneficial. I don't think that's the case, at least for me. I'll be cooking the ribs, i think. That's two hours, which is when the ingredients are ready also, and 6 coins a dish (unless i'm wrong). It takes sugar, but as Nef is a no show, i think i can spare one every two hours. Short times r great for doing goals, but not so great overall, after the event finishes.

The potato salad isn't actually looking too bad now. At least it's on another appliance, n if i'm going to sit in game collecting mustard, i may as well earn a recipe. I may even have free mustard now the requirements have changed for the others.

ghjvcucjb
06-28-15, 12:30 AM
:( waiting for my oversauced bbq chicken... But hey: Nefertiti is back!:D

Still no Nefertiti at my place 😢

nmishii
06-28-15, 12:38 AM
No Nefertiti here either, but since the post where someone said she's back, all I've gotten was one mustard per visit from Sam.

ariffraff
06-28-15, 02:44 AM
yes this was the first thing I asked her lol, that's y it baffled mi that it was lvl limited :)
Does she have the Mayo?

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 02:55 AM
I believe (hope) they have fixed this. I just had Luana, Nefertiti, Cid n Sam all in at once. Lily never shows for me, so that's nothing unusual. So all seems good for now.

Iconoclast1919
06-28-15, 02:56 AM
Since someone said that Nefertiti was back, I closed my game, then reopened it to see if she would come back. Now Uncle Same isn't coming and neither is Nefertiti. This is so aggravating!!

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 02:58 AM
I logged in on a fresh device n all seems good for me. Sam even dropped 3 mustards, so i had hoped that meant everything was now good.

sashahoney
06-28-15, 03:12 AM
:( waiting for my oversauced bbq chicken... But hey: Nefertiti is back!:D

She isn't back for me. I haven't seen her in 2 days! S8 can you fix Nef for those players who haven't gotten her back and can you also reimburse us players who got ripped off from our 8 sauces and our gems which we used to make the extra sauces!

Iconoclast1919
06-28-15, 04:10 AM
Please delete this post. Thank you!

Iconoclast1919
06-28-15, 04:18 AM
BBQ Quest Steps

Step 1:

Collect 2 Beef
Serve 1 Hamburger
Serve 1 Steak & Eggs

Step 2:

Apply Patio Chair Style
Apply Doily Counter style

Step 3:

Collect 3 Mustard
Cook 1 BBQ sauce

Step 4:

Make BBQ sauce (2)
Place BBQ Grill
Learn hot dogs

Step 5:

Serve 2 Yogurt Parfait
Serve 2 Potato Soup
Serve 3 Hot dogs

Step 6:

Collect 6 Mustard
Make 6 BBQ Sauce
Learn BBQ Ribs

Step 7:

Make 3 BBQ Sauce
Serve 4 Hot dogs
Serve 5 BBQ Ribs

Step 8:

Collect 1 Chicken
Collect 1 Sugar
Learn BBQ Chicken

Step 9:

Serve 4 Yogurt Parfait
Serve 5 Cheesecake
Serve 6 BBQ Chicken

Step 10:

Serve 5 Hot Dogs
Serve 5 BBQ Ribs
Collect 25 BBQ Sauce

BBQ Recipes

Diner Stove

BBQ sauce - 30 minutes
3 mustard
1 sugar
1 tomato

Commercial range

Potato Salad - 30 minutes, 1000 coins, 200 servings
2 mustard
3 potato
1 mayo
Learn for 2000

Grill

Hot dogs - 15 minutes, 150 coins, 25 servings
1 beef
1 bread
Learn for 100 & 3 BBQ sauce; 2 hours

BBQ ribs - 2 hours, 600 coins, 100 servings
2 beef
2 tomato
1 sugar
Learn for 300 & 12 BBQ sauce; 8 hours

BBQ chicken 30 minutes, 400 coins, 100 servings
3 chicken
2 tomato
1 sugar
Learn for 600 & 18 BBQ sauce; 16 hours

Bacon burger - 12 minutes, 250 coins, 50 servings
1 beef
2 bread
1 bacon
Learn for 6000 & 25 BBQ sauce; 16 hours

Iconoclast1919
06-28-15, 04:28 AM
I do appreciate the thought that they seem to have tried to respond to the problem and make things better, but they should have lowered the amount of BBQ sauce for the LATER recipes instead of the earlier recipes. This would have solved the problem all around without upsetting people. Those who gemmed past the early ones or who painstakingly saved to make that many BBQ sauces would not have lost anything at all, and EVERYONE (instead of only the few that their current changes helped) would have benefitted from the changes.

They really should consider releasing all events on a Monday since they have a limited staff on the weekend. I also wish they would do the math before they release these events. If we can figure it out, they should be able to. Does nobody there actually play the game?

On a related note, can anyone tell me if they changed the amount of BBQ Sauce you have to collect in step 10? Last I heard it was 25 BBQ sauce and that will take forever!! Just thought maybe with the other changes they might have changed this.

dragon2046
06-28-15, 04:36 AM
She isn't back for me. I haven't seen her in 2 days! S8 can you fix Nef for those players who haven't gotten her back and can you also reimburse us players who got ripped off from our 8 sauces and our gems which we used to make the extra sauces!

I haven't seen Nef either. I don't know about anyone else but I have three stars on the recipe and I play on an iPhone 6. So S8 is this a glitch or another change ? They seem to like to change updates like the barbecue sauce ! Maybe they decided if u have 3 stars that's it for u??? It's hard to tell but hopefully it is just a glitch. :(

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 04:47 AM
I haven't seen Nef either. I don't know about anyone else but I have three stars on the recipe and I play on an iPhone 6. So S8 is this a glitch or another change ? They seem to like to change updates like the barbecue sauce ! Maybe they decided if u have 3 stars that's it for u??? It's hard to tell but hopefully it is just a glitch. :(

Do you mean that you have 3 starred the pistachio pyramid cake?

sashahoney
06-28-15, 04:56 AM
they should have lowered the amount of BBQ sauce for the LATER recipes instead of the earlier recipes. This would have solved the problem all around without upsetting people. Those who gemmed past the early ones or who painstakingly saved to make that many BBQ sauces would not have lost anything at all, and EVERYONE (instead of only the few that their current changes helped) would have benefitted from the changes.

You're exactly right there! Maybe S8 should add a disclaimer to their events so new players know what they are in for. It should go something like this:

Dear players,
Play RS2 at your own risk!
There is a VERY high probability that we will completely mess up the next event, leave players out of pocket, change the rules of the event half way through the game, and in NO WAY will we compensate loyal players for all of our incompetencies, their lost gems and wasted time. Remember you have all been warned! :rolleyes:

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 05:03 AM
Lol. TL are copping it today. I just posted something similar over in the castle screw-up thread.

I actually did the bacon recipe first, but i can see how changing that one instead would have benefitted more players. But why not just leave it alone, n increase the time limit, then no one looses anything.

Oh, n while i'm here, this twenty minute collection is wayyyyyy too much. Even the one hour spring fling was needy. This one is ****ing me. Fourteen days of this is simply unreasonable.

kuppikahvia
06-28-15, 05:35 AM

I don't have a single star on the pyramid cake and still I haven't seen Nef for a couple of days, so I don't think that's what's it all about.

And I just found out I was pretty much robbed 8 sauces by unlocking the Ribs recipe when the requirement was 20, now it's 12.

I am not pleased.

whistle20134
06-28-15, 05:41 AM
Nefertiti hasn't shown up yet for me either - 2 days without even a single visit. I reckon I would have made at least 2 or 3 cakes in that time - maybe more given that I've been logging in much more frequently to catch Uncle Sam. Am progressing reasonably well with the quest (on step 7) but still cross about those 8 lost BBQ sauces. What is going on? Do S8 want to annoy their players, or do they just not care? This has made me determined not to buy anything from them - I've made small purchases in the past , but won't in future. Interestingly I think this game works well for those at lower levels ( I'm at 49) but my sis is level 21 and she progressed almost as fast as me (just finishing step 6). She benefitted from the lowering of sauce numbers. Maybe this one is aimed at lower level players whereas the cruise challenges work better if you are on the higher levels.

kuppikahvia
06-28-15, 05:52 AM
May I also ask why many of you guys are working on the potato salad as well?

As far as I know you don't get to keep the recipe if you master it to level 3, so the quest is really only to have those two firefly lamps or how they are called. Do you really like them SO much?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts
Happy cooking everybody

xxangelmariexxx
06-28-15, 06:02 AM
May I also ask why many of you guys are working on the potato salad as well?

As far as I know you don't get to keep the recipe if you master it to level 3, so the quest is really only to have those two firefly lamps or how they are called. Do you really like them SO much?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts
Happy cooking everybody

Yes I started to work on the Potato Salad but gave up after I already did 5.....much rather work on the recipes we will actually get to keep....but I think someone said that if you get all 3 stars you get to keep the potato salad..i dunno

dragon2046
06-28-15, 06:05 AM
[QUOTE=kuppikahvia;1132249]I don't have a single star on the pyramid cake and still I haven't seen Nef for a couple of days, so I don't think that's what's it all about.

And I just found out I was pretty much robbed 8 sauces by unlocking the Ribs recipe when the requirement was 20, now it's 12.
Ok I thought maybe the Stars had something to do with it or the device, lets just hope it is a glitch and Nef returns cuz I thought it was permanent. Thanks for responding. Let's hope for the best, but expect the worst. Lol. Good luck with the mustard everyone. I'm working on the potato salad quest. Taking forever waiting on the potatoes. :)

mamareader02
06-28-15, 06:15 AM
No queen still,and unc Sam is now playing at no show,and on top of that,every time I open the game,the screen refreshes at least twice!

kuppikahvia
06-28-15, 06:18 AM
Yes I started to work on the Potato Salad but gave up after I already did 5.....much rather work on the recipes we will actually get to keep....but I think someone said that if you get all 3 stars you get to keep the potato salad..i dunno

It would be SO good to have a confirmation of this, could someone tell us whether you get to keep the recipe or not?
Also, if you do, what's with the mustard?

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 06:19 AM
How do we go about getting confirmation on whether or not the potato salad stays if mastered? I know some people assume that, because sometimes it works that way, but not always. Can't TL put these things in the first post, or better yet make it obvious in the game? Did i miss it, or was it simply not there, yet again?

Also, Nef came back again. So she's definitely fixed for me.

C2hWF
06-28-15, 06:20 AM
No queen still,and unc Sam is now playing at no show,and on top of that,every time I open the game,the screen refreshes at least twice!

Change your system settings to English, you will see Nefertiti showed up again.

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 06:20 AM
You're right about the mustard. Sam would have to stay too. I don't see that happening.

sashahoney
06-28-15, 06:27 AM
Change your system settings to English, you will see Nefertiti showed up again.

Are you directing that to people who play on an iPad? I play on my iPhone and don't have that option.
All S8 have to do it a small update to ensure that all players get Nef back without having to do all kinds on tweaking on our side to get her. It's just one problem after the other with these people. :mad:

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 06:30 AM
On the Egyptian event sticky tread, page 35, post #345 by community manager sparklyoctopus... Cake and nef are permanent.

Sorry, couldn't work out how to link to there.

xheatherxx3
06-28-15, 06:38 AM
I'm going to add my two cents here... I bought gems to give me enough BBQ sauce for the ribs since I haven't gotten around to playing too much- so.. Thanks S8 for re changing what the recipie needs when I already used my money- when I could of easily had enough to do another recipie plus the ribs had I not of spent more money for gems towards the sauce. Frustrating.

Jennerwein1
06-28-15, 06:52 AM
I, too wasted 8 sauces on the ribs. Luckily I did not spend gems, because I am saving for another appliance. This is so typical for S8. Screw those who play diligently to make those who lag behind for whatever reason happy. Well, I am quite unhappy (again!) and have learned a lesson: no gemming ahead, because there is a good chance you will get punished ( not the exact word I was thinking of ;) ).
I am glad for those who benefitted, but this unfairness is getting old.
On a more positive note: Nef dropped 10 (!) pistachios at one time yesterday. Woohoo!

sashahoney
06-28-15, 07:11 AM
On a more positive note: Nef dropped 10 (!) pistachios at one time yesterday. Woohoo!

They should make sure that Nef drops 10 nuts every time she comes in for the same amount of days that she hasn't visited some of us players. This is day 3 without a sniff from here. They should also make sure that Sam gives us 10 mustards for the extra sauce we used making the BBQ sauce and for the gems we lost making it! Wow! Shock us S8 and actually do the decent thing for the players that have been jacked over!

xxangelmariexxx
06-28-15, 07:13 AM
I have a really stupid question that I should know but i am drawing a blank right now...

If it says serve 5 BBQ ribs...and if I use the master spice, would it give me the credit that I served 2 ribs or just the one and that the master spice gives me credit just for the stars

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
06-28-15, 07:16 AM
It would be SO good to have a confirmation of this, could someone tell us whether you get to keep the recipe or not?
Also, if you do, what's with the mustard?

I am just guessing here but I think we do not get to keep the potato salad recipe whether we master it or not. That's why I am currently only working on the ones we do get to keep.
The potato salad had a label that it's time limited. It reminds me of recipes like mint triffle, mysterious eggs, blood orange scones, confetti cupcakes... etc we had to master to reach goals. Those recipes all required temporary ingredients similar to mustard. Since the mustard won't be around forever it makes sense the recipes disappears as well.
Now some of those events did give us recipes as rewards we got to keep forever like the potato pesto pie and deviled eggs for example.

-----
On a different subject. I am happy that they did listen to customer feedback and changed the event as a result. I too lost a bunch of sauces on the ribs. Thankfully I didn't gem anything however I can understand those that did are frustrated with the change.
Quite frankly they changed the requirement for hot dogs pretty fast and in my opinion they should have carefully reviewed the entire event at that point and make necessary changes.

TL;DR
- IMO Potato salad is not here to stay
- Changes made to requirements are nice but too slow esp for the later changes.

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
06-28-15, 07:17 AM
I have a really stupid question that I should know but i am drawing a blank right now...

If it says serve 5 BBQ ribs...and if I use the master spice, would it give me the credit that I served 2 ribs or just the one and that the master spice gives me credit just for the stars

Mastery spice does nothing for serving a dish x amount of times. It only adds a little gold star.

xxangelmariexxx
06-28-15, 07:18 AM
Mastery spice does nothing for serving a dish x amount of times. It only adds a little gold star.

Thank you

dragon2046
06-28-15, 07:39 AM
I agree I do not think the potato salad is staying either it's just for the firefly jars. So if u don't like the jars then I personally would focus on the recipes on the grill if u can't do both. And as far as Nef disappearing, I just deleted and reinstalled my game and she came back. Don't know if that will work for anyone else who is having troubles or not. :)

fatbearsecondary
06-28-15, 07:53 AM
Potato Salad definitely isn't staying. It requires mustard as an ingredient; mustard isn't a permanent addition to the game. Uncle Sam isn't staying, therefore mustard isn't staying, therefore Potato Salad isn't staying. Duration of the event only.

Reasons to master Potato Salad:
1) you want firefly jars and don't want to spend gems on them.
2) you are obsessed with collecting as many stars/food pictures you don't even actually hang on your wall as possible...

Guess which one Fat Bear is, rawr!!

cathycathy1
06-28-15, 08:03 AM
On a different subject. I am happy that they did listen to customer feedback and changed the event as a result. I too lost a bunch of sauces on the ribs. Thankfully I didn't gem anything however I can understand those that did are frustrated with the change.
Quite frankly they changed the requirement for hot dogs pretty fast and in my opinion they should have carefully reviewed the entire event at that point and make necessary changes.

TL;DR
- IMO Potato salad is not here to stay
- Changes made to requirements are nice but too slow esp for the later changes.
I also did the 20 BBQ sauce for ribs, only I did use some gems. I am glad they made the changes too, despite my "waste" of gems. Yes, I think they should have made that change when they changed the hotdog requirement. I pointed out in a post very early on, before they changed even the hotdogs, why the numbers would make the task as set up virtually impossible for anyone not willing to dedicate their life to this game for the next 15 days. But..... I'd rather they make the changes now than not at all and I am glad they are willing to make those changes. I don't begrudge others opportunities I didn't get.

However, all that said..... Clearly whoever has been designing the parameters for these events either doesn't have a clear grasp of the game, the amount of time players are willing to dedicate to a game, or they just stink at math. It did not take me more that 2 minutes to figure out not only that the event as first designed was unreasonable but also why, and I am hardly a game design or mathematical genius. I get that the goal was probably to create an event that took a longer amount of time to complete but one that requires frequent, repetive actions that requires players to have to be on the game practically non-stop is not the answer. Why not breakthrough down into four separate events - one for each recipe and as example, the rib event doesn't open until after the hotdog event is completed. But seriously, any event that requires you to collect 60 of something, one/two at a time every 30 minutes, to complete just one step is not going to be liked.

C2hWF
06-28-15, 08:06 AM
Are you directing that to people who play on an iPad? I play on my iPhone and don't have that option.
All S8 have to do it a small update to ensure that all players get Nef back without having to do all kinds on tweaking on our side to get her. It's just one problem after the other with these people. :mad:
Just setting the ios system language.
Choose: Settings-General-Language&Region-iPhone/ipad Language-English

C2hWF
06-28-15, 08:13 AM

I just provide a way to solve the problem. Of course you can wait for the game to update. It might take a few days.

ariffraff
06-28-15, 08:19 AM
Uncle Sam has been showing up for me in 15 minute increments. I hope this is true for all.

sashahoney
06-28-15, 08:26 AM
I just provide a way to solve the problem. Of course you can wait for the game to update. It might take a few days.

Oh I totally appreciate where you was going from, my point is that us gamers are having to tell each other how to fix stuff and also many of the players should be the ones behind the design of the game since many of them have way better ideas than the current game devs!
I will try your suggestion I just wasn't sure if that was directed to ipad users only. My settings were on English (UK) since that's where I live, but I'll try your suggestion and hopefully it will work. If not I guess I'll have to delete and reinstall since S8 can't be bothered to fix the issues that they create! :rolleyes:

sashahoney
06-28-15, 08:30 AM

OMG! It worked! How you managed to figure that one out I'll never know! The mean little muppetbutt only gave me one nut, but one nut is better than none! Cheers Becky ;)

C2hWF
06-28-15, 08:43 AM
Oh I totally appreciate where you was going from, my point is that us gamers are having to tell each other how to fix stuff and also many of the players should be the ones behind the design of the game since many of them have way better ideas than the current game devs!
I will try your suggestion I just wasn't sure if that was directed to ipad users only. My settings were on English (UK) since that's where I live, but I'll try your suggestion and hopefully it will work. If not I guess I'll have to delete and reinstall since S8 can't be bothered to fix the issues that they create! :rolleyes:
I use iphone6 plus. But I think it also applies to other devices.

C2hWF
06-28-15, 08:44 AM
OMG! It worked! How you managed to figure that one out I'll never know! The mean little muppetbutt only gave me one nut, but one nut is better than none! Cheers Becky ;)

Great! Cheers:o

xxangelmariexxx
06-28-15, 08:45 AM

I went to my settings in my game and i dont see where it says language.....i mainly use my ipad but I even went on my iphone and dint see it

C2hWF
06-28-15, 08:48 AM
I went to my settings in my game and i dont see where it says language.....i mainly use my ipad but I even went on my iphone and dint see it

It isn't in your game setting.

xxangelmariexxx
06-28-15, 09:29 AM

oh ok i looked and its already on English, but still havent seen Nef..hoping she shows up soon

silveryedges
06-28-15, 09:38 AM

You are a genius. Thank you ever so much.

She turned up immediately after restart along with Uncle Sam and Cid. Brilliant.

Btw my iPad settings had been 'English ' for language so I just changed it to '"English UK" instead and it worked. So this might be an option for those whose settings are English already.

Thanks again @beckycarter

whistle20134
06-28-15, 10:17 AM
Thanks for advice - worked like a dream - the Queen appeared immediately .

Toler8
06-28-15, 10:34 AM
I still can't get enough mustard to make this event worth playing. Even when I check in frequently I only get a few. I need it to make potato salad, learn recipes, and make sauce. It is frustrating and I am about to give up. Anyone have a tip?

Jennerwein1
06-28-15, 10:38 AM
Thank you everybody, especially Becky! I switched from English to German and back ... nothing. Then I switched to English UK ... she showed up immediately!

ellyse99
06-28-15, 10:39 AM

Don't bother using mastery spice on that. It only adds one mastery star, it makes no difference to the number of times you serve the dish.

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 10:51 AM
I still can't get enough mustard to make this event worth playing. Even when I check in frequently I only get a few. I need it to make potato salad, learn recipes, and make sauce. It is frustrating and I am about to give up. Anyone have a tip?

Only what i said earlier. Focus on what you want to get out of it. You don't have to do the whole event, just learn the particular recipes you want to keep on the grill. Not the potato salad, that doesn't stay after (i believe), n it wastes your limited mustards. People have put up great posts with all the requirements n times needed. Pick the one that works for you, n go with that.

jandtandn
06-28-15, 11:04 AM

My iPad is already set to English, but I just changed it to English U.K. and when I opened my restaurant, Nefertiti was sitting right there after not showing up for a couple of days.

Do I have to keep it set like this or can I switch it back?

ghjvcucjb
06-28-15, 11:15 AM
My iPad is already set to English, but I just changed it to English U.K. and when I opened my restaurant, Nefertiti was sitting right there after not showing up for a couple of days.

same here! Been without Nef for over three days. My IPad is set to English. Changed it to Uk English and Nef is now back. However I want to change it back to standard English. There are other apps that work one way for US than they do for UK.

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 11:22 AM
I don't know for sure, but i think changing your settings 'reboots' (can't think of the right word) all your apps that rely on that setting. I didn't have to do that. I logged in on a different device which achieved the same thing. A reset. I would guess changing it back again would do the same thing again. It should still be fixed. I am not a tech wiz though.

melface5
06-28-15, 11:23 AM
Lol!!!! This has nothing to do with the event, but I just gotta say I went to change the name of my restaurant and it said "change your name for 10 gems." Really?????????? Come on now! I truly just have to laugh about that one :rolleyes:

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 11:28 AM
Most of the last two pages has nothing to do with this event, lol. But a previous prize that was messed up by this one, so join the club. I think it's 20 gems to change your island name in dragon story, if i remember correctly. It was months ago though.

jandtandn
06-28-15, 11:30 AM
Lol!!!! This has nothing to do with the event, but I just gotta say I went to change the name of my restaurant and it said "change your name for 10 gems." Really?????????? Come on now! I truly just have to laugh about that one :rolleyes:

That was always the case with Bakery, Restaurant and this game as well. Too bad they don't tell you that in the first place so you can pick a name you like the most.

boden_brandt
06-28-15, 11:36 AM
People realise that its easier to get neighbours if their name is actually their ID. They want you to pay for that privilege. Thats not so important in this game, as it has the quick invite setting, but thats not in all TL games.

MUSTARD. Mustard. <<<Thats so i don't get in trouble.

jandtandn
06-28-15, 11:39 AM

Okay, so after changing it to English U.K. And Nefertiti showing up, none of the other special characters, including Uncle Sam showed up. I changed it back to English and Uncle Sam was sitting right there. This event is a mess.

C2hWF
06-28-15, 12:03 PM

Don't worry.You can setting to your local language. Nefertiti will appear as usual.

Jennerwein1
06-28-15, 12:24 PM
Does anybody know: is the firefly jar animated ? If so, might be worth making potato salad.

catfoodie
06-28-15, 01:31 PM
Does anybody know: is the firefly jar animated ? If so, might be worth making potato salad.
Just checked, the firefly inside is flying around the jar.

Jennerwein1
06-28-15, 02:09 PM
Just checked, the firefly inside is flying around the jar.

Thanks. Now I have to make potato salad. Ugh! More mustard!!!!!

monarch789
06-28-15, 02:59 PM
On the last step where we are supposed to collect 25 BBQ sauce does the sauce in your inventory count toward the 25 or do we have to make 25 more? Just wondering if I should keep making sauce or save my mustard for that step. Does anyone know?

C2hWF
06-28-15, 03:20 PM
On the last step where we are supposed to collect 25 BBQ sauce does the sauce in your inventory count toward the 25 or do we have to make 25 more? Just wondering if I should keep making sauce or save my mustard for that step. Does anyone know?
On the final step, the goal is "collect BBQ sauce". It isn't the same as "make BBQ sauce" on the earlier step.
You don't need to cook the sauce to get credit. You can get credit for having them in your inventory.

monarch789
06-28-15, 03:29 PM
On the final step, the goal is "collect BBQ sauce". It isn't the same as "make BBQ sauce" on the earlier step.
You don't need to cook the sauce to get credit. You can get credit for having them in your inventory.

Thanks for the info.

atseng1
06-28-15, 06:29 PM
The food on my counter are still there after overnight, there are no available counter so how can I collect the ribs and continuous cooking, this is terrible. This bug happened months ago and still haven't been solved. Can you do something about it ?

ghjvcucjb
06-28-15, 06:45 PM
FYI I changed my settings to UK English to get Nefertiti back, then an hour later changed it back to standard English and now everything is back to normal. Hope that helps someone out

ellyse99
06-28-15, 07:56 PM
The food on my counter are still there after overnight, there are no available counter so how can I collect the ribs and continuous cooking, this is terrible. This bug happened months ago and still haven't been solved. Can you do something about it ?

Delete the food on the counter which has the least total revenue, that's all. Doesn't solve the root of the problem but at least you can go on cooking for the event.

ellyse99
06-28-15, 07:59 PM

I just looked at yours. Come on, at level 49, you can just buy more counters than you have now! You can have up to 20, and you're only having 11? Then don't complain you're out of space.

And don't keep cooking different dishes, you can't stack them and so run out of counter space faster.

txangel1109
06-28-15, 08:05 PM
Uncle Sam has been showing up for me in 15 minute increments. I hope this is true for all.

No still 30 min for me. :-)

infinitelove19
06-28-15, 09:44 PM
Uncle Sam seems to be showing up every 20 minutes for me, and Nefertiti is back. Didn't have to change anything, and I've had a few visits from her recently.

I'm glad to see they adjusted the number of BBQ sauce needed, and sorry to hear of those who made the ribs just before the adjustment was made. Don't really understand why after unlocking all the recipes they would have us collect 25 sauce. Just seems unnecessary busy work. (((edit: Never mind. It seems these are the 25 we will use to unlock the bacon burger)))

That said, as a bit of a die-hard, I'm sure I'll get through it easily in the next 10 days... though it is a little tedious for little reward.

Personally, I love the cruise events and look forward to another of those - AFTER a bit of a break! And I would love higher levels and more counters, though I am not counting on that, just hoping. ;-)

ellyse99
06-28-15, 10:30 PM
Uncle Sam seems to be showing up every 20 minutes for me, and Nefertiti is back. Didn't have to change anything, and I've had a few visits from her recently.

I'm glad to see they adjusted the number of BBQ sauce needed, and sorry to hear of those who made the ribs just before the adjustment was made. Don't really understand why after unlocking all the recipes they would have us collect 25 sauce. Just seems unnecessary busy work.

That said, as a bit of a die-hard, I'm sure I'll get through it easily in the next 10 days... though it is a little tedious for little reward.

Personally, I love the cruise events and look forward to another of those - AFTER a bit of a break! And I would love higher levels and more counters, though I am not counting on that, just hoping. ;-)

The 25 sauces are for you to learn the bacon burger, which you can do anytime in the future...

infinitelove19
06-28-15, 11:33 PM
BBQ Quest Steps

Step 1:

Collect 2 Beef
Serve 1 Hamburger
Serve 1 Steak & Eggs

Step 2:

Apply Patio Chair Style

Step 3:

Collect 3 Mustard
Cook 1 BBQ sauce

Step 4:

Make BBQ sauce (2)
Place BBQ Grill
Learn hot dogs

Step 5:

Serve 2 Yogurt Parfait
Serve 2 Potato Soup
Serve 3 Hot dogs

Step 6:

Collect 6 Mustard
Make 6 BBQ Sauce
Learn BBQ Ribs

Step 7:

Make 3 BBQ Sauce
Serve 4 Hot dogs
Serve 5 BBQ Ribs

Step 8:

Collect 1 Chicken
Collect 1 Sugar
Learn BBQ Chicken

Step 9:

Serve 4 Yogurt Parfait
Serve 5 Cheesecake
Serve 6 BBQ Chicken

Step 10:

Serve 5 Hot Dogs
Serve 5 BBQ Ribs
Collect 25 BBQ Sauce

BBQ Recipes

Diner Stove

BBQ sauce - 30 minutes
3 mustard
1 sugar
1 tomato

Commercial range

2 mustard
3 potato
1 mayo
Learn for 2000

Grill

1 beef
1 bread

2 beef
2 tomato
1 sugar

3 chicken
2 tomato
1 sugar

1 beef
2 bread
1 bacon

Could one of the mods please update the first post with this info? It is super helpful!

Thanks for posting it, Iconoclast!

infinitelove19
06-28-15, 11:34 PM
The 25 sauces are for you to learn the bacon burger, which you can do anytime in the future...

Oh, well that's okay, then. For some reason I thought it was after that. Thanks!

MeruBunny
06-29-15, 12:02 AM
Just a little question :)
The 25 bbq sauce needed for step 10 , I already have like 10 sauces after they changed the amounts, will it count for the goal? Or do I have to make 25 sauces even if I already have 10 before??

boden_brandt
06-29-15, 12:20 AM
I'm not up that far, but people have posted that those in inventory count. You need to HAVE them, not cook them.

atseng1
06-29-15, 04:37 AM
I just looked at yours. Come on, at level 49, you can just buy more counters than you have now! You can have up to 20, and you're only having 11? Then don't complain you're out of space.

And don't keep cooking different dishes, you can't stack them and so run out of counter space faster.

The problem is no matter how many counter I have, even if I had 20 counters the food does not goes, this is a bug. I'm not the only person who have this issue, you're just lucky that you don't have it.

Xialio
06-29-15, 05:12 AM
Does she have the Mayo?

ahhhhh that be it lol thx :) the potato salad unlocks at lvl 23 but Mayo don't unlock till lvl 24 so still not quite sure y its lvl limited coz still can't make it once it does unlock :)

boden_brandt
06-29-15, 05:33 AM
Both mayo n potato salad r lvl 23 on my game.

fatbearsecondary
06-29-15, 06:00 AM
Could one of the mods please update the first post with this info? It is super helpful!

Thanks for posting it, Iconoclast!

That's why I made a separate post. No mods on the weekend and I hate having to page through the whole thread for relevant info. Maybe I'll do this in the future too? We'll see..

ellyse99
06-29-15, 10:55 AM
The problem is no matter how many counter I have, even if I had 20 counters the food does not goes, this is a bug. I'm not the only person who have this issue, you're just lucky that you don't have it.

It may help to force close the game when you leave.

MsLisa626
06-29-15, 12:02 PM
I am really trying to stick with this game but each challenge seems impossible to complete. I need to make so much BBQ Sauce which needs 3 mustard plus make and master potato salad which also needs mustard but I'm only getting 1 mustard when the Uncle Sam guy visits. I can't play this game ALL day waiting for him to come by every 20-30 minutes to leave 1 mustard. This is really ridiculous!

kimberly0822
06-29-15, 12:31 PM
Guess it doesnt really matter if they reduced the sauce requirements if they also reduced the amount of mustard sam drops. Was getting an avarage of 3 per drop (as many as 4 at a time) and the last 6 times, i get only one. Havent gotten. To the end of a single quest in this game, and will never spend money to buy gems because the quests are so unreasonable. Might be time to put this one away for good!

ellyse99
06-29-15, 01:07 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm getting all your mustard? He's been very generous and I rarely just get one, it seems! I already have enough to make all the needed bbq sauce so any more mustard will be going towards potato salad.

Jennerwein1
06-29-15, 01:35 PM
I need four more sauces and have 23 mastery spices saved up for the potato salad. I made those while collecting that blasted mustard. This is starting to wear me out, waaay too much mustard for my taste. :p

goldsilvercoin
06-29-15, 02:10 PM
He only drops 1 mustard at a time :mad: once in a while I might get 4. This mustard challenge is tiring.

gracelinda
06-29-15, 03:13 PM
Level 9
Make 5 hotdogs 5 barbecue ribs 25 barbecue sauce

cocauina
06-29-15, 03:46 PM
The step 7 that I have is not the one that is here.. My step 7 is the step 8:

Mt Step 7 that is is suppose to be Step 8
Collect 1 Chicken
Collect 1 Sugar
Learn BBQ Chicken (requires 18 BBQ sauce, down from 20)

fatbearsecondary
06-29-15, 04:02 PM
Level 9
Make 5 hotdogs 5 barbecue ribs 25 barbecue sauce

The step 7 that I have is not the one that is here.. My step 7 is the step 8:

Mt Step 7 that is is suppose to be Step 8
Collect 1 Chicken
Collect 1 Sugar
Learn BBQ Chicken (requires 18 BBQ sauce, down from 20)

I think both of y'all are making a pretty common mistake based on how S8 presents the quests. You're seeing 7 or 9 bubbles filled in and assuming that that's the step you're on. If you look, though, you'll notice the *next* bubble has a faint yellow outline around it - that's the step you're actually one. So gracelinda, you're describing step 10 and cocauina, you're describing step 8. If I'm incorrect, feel free to post a screenshot here and we can take a look at it, but I suspect the faint glow around the next bubble is fooling you.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21214&d=1435618880
See, in this picture, I'm actually on step 10, the step gracelinda is describing. The 10th bubble has the faint yellow glow around it; that indicates the step I'm currently one. Hope this helps!

boredz
06-29-15, 05:08 PM
Finally!!!! I'm almost done learning the BBQ chicken!!!!!

infinitelove19
06-29-15, 05:20 PM
Finally!!!! I'm almost done learning the BBQ chicken!!!!!

I'm at the same place! Been tempted to speed it up, but since all my counters were full that wouldn't have helped. Next up we need a tonne of sugar and cream. Gotta make parfaits and cheesecake. No problem accumulating sugar, but the cream has been a bit tougher for me. I keep using it on other stuff. Oh, well!

Jennerwein1
06-29-15, 06:23 PM
There is one redeeming factor about all this mustard collecting business: by checking in all the time, I frequently caught all the other special characters. So I collected lots of building stuff, seeds and pistachios. And cooked a lot.
Finally learning Baconburger, and the potato salad "only" uses 2 mustards, instead of 3 for the sauce. So, onward for more mustard ( eyes rolling back in head) :)

killself
06-29-15, 07:20 PM
I learned the BBQ ribs when the sauce still need 20...... so..can the official returned me the extra 8 sauce....TAT

cquinn32
06-29-15, 09:06 PM
Just want to give a huge THANK YOU to all who post info here!!

boden_brandt
06-30-15, 12:27 AM
Did anyone else just have all their food disappear? If it was just me, i'll email support.

Iconoclast1919
06-30-15, 01:09 AM
Did anyone else just have all their food disappear? If it was just me, i'll email support.

No I've been playing for hours and my food has not disappeared. It did the daily reset a while ago where it resets and then when it comes back you get your daily coins around the time you posted, so maybe that massed things up for you somehow. Did you try totally closing out the game and getting back in? That usually will fix problems.

boden_brandt
06-30-15, 01:19 AM
No I've been playing for hours and my food has not disappeared. It did the daily reset a while ago where it resets and then when it comes back you get your daily coins around the time you posted, so maybe that massed things up for you somehow. Did you try totally closing out the game and getting back in? That usually will fix problems.

Thank you. I went over to the bugs thread n it's apparently quite common. I thought it may have been a glitch with this update, so i asked here first. It's okay, mistakes happen. Glad everything is okay for others.

Oh, n yes. Thank you. I force closed n restarted my device. It's still gone.

Iconoclast1919
06-30-15, 01:27 AM
Can anyone ABSOLUTELY confirm, as in they saw it happen when they got to step 10, that BBQ sauce that is already in your inventory counts toward the "Collect 25 Sauce" step? I could see it counting if it was on the stove and not served/collected, but it almost seems too good to be true that those in the pantry already will count. If I get to step 10 and I already have 15 in my pantry, it will then say that I already collected 15? I really need to know this so I know whether to save the mustard or to go ahead and make the sauce. Thank you!

usha1304
06-30-15, 03:01 AM
Yes the Bbq sauce in the inventory is considered toward the "collect 25 sauce " step. I had 3 bbq sauce in my inventory n when I got to level 10 they showed 3/25 bbq sauce.

ellyse99
06-30-15, 03:11 AM
Can anyone ABSOLUTELY confirm, as in they saw it happen when they got to step 10, that BBQ sauce that is already in your inventory counts toward the "Collect 25 Sauce" step? I could see it counting if it was on the stove and not served/collected, but it almost seems too good to be true that those in the pantry already will count. If I get to step 10 and I already have 15 in my pantry, it will then say that I already collected 15? I really need to know this so I know whether to save the mustard or to go ahead and make the sauce. Thank you!

Yes, definitely counted for me, I already had 16 in inventory. I finished the BBQ quest already, now trying to make potato salad!

Jennerwein1
06-30-15, 04:46 AM
So now I have a mustard surplus and a potato shortage, ugh! And my veggie store is at 4. Of course the market is not coughing up any taters, now that I need them.
Thanks for letting me whine :)

dalielahdawn
06-30-15, 07:06 AM
Getting pretty bored with waiting days for enough mustard to make enough bbq sauce to learn bbq chicken. Blah

nmishii
06-30-15, 08:15 AM
I just collected 25 BBQ sauces for step 10 and completed the goal. Another goal popped up and I assumed it was to learn bacon burger, but it was to just tap the button. It awarded 4 gems. Thank you TL. I didn't get screenshots.

The fireworks is a little disappointing. I thought it would be animated, but it's not.

sashahoney
06-30-15, 08:19 AM
The fireworks is a little disappointing. I thought it would be animated, but it's not.

Yup, I agree. Not only are the fireworks ugly, but they take up so much room and don't even animate!
I feel sorry for people with tiny diners as they won't even have the room to display them.

Xialio
06-30-15, 08:20 AM
yay finally on last step :) just 12 BBQ sauce to collect and ribs to cook and /phew all did lol.....anyone wondering I CAN confirm sauce already made contributes to total sauce needed for last step :)

just got potato salad to second star too. with spuds taking hours lol (veggi market is on lvl 4) I have been making 1 potato salad whenever spuds were available with the additional help of a mastery spice thrown in here and there ;) and sauce with the other drops of mustard, this method seems to have worked for mi, and I have only been getting 1-2 mustard a time, not been as lucky as others with Uncle Sam, I've not had a single 4 drop....maybe mi needs to rearrange restaurant so he likes it more n gives mi more mustard lol but with time remaining, and ability to get ingame mi is hopeful mi can complete this event :D

Iconoclast1919
06-30-15, 11:34 AM
Thank you all for confirming that sauce in the inventory counts as collected! :)

ironpan72
06-30-15, 02:15 PM
Did anyone get the potato salad to 1-star mastery but didn't get the firefly jar!!!

Jennerwein1
06-30-15, 02:17 PM
Did anyone get the potato salad to 1-star mastery but didn't get the firefly jar!!!

This is a two part goal. To get the jars you have to master it to three stars.

somiemyhomie17
06-30-15, 04:47 PM
What happenes if we aren't able to learn all of the recipes on the BBQ grill before the time is up?

Will the unlearned recipes just sit there unable to be learned because we can no longer collect mustard and make barbecue sauce? Or will you be able to learn them, but with no ability to get a prize at the end?

I only have the hotdog unlocked and have about 9/12 sauce for the ribs. Ill be on vacation soon for about a week and wont have time to constantly check my game.

So anyone have any idea about what might happen?

Jennerwein1
06-30-15, 04:56 PM
Anyone at TL/S8: is the new Apple update 8.4 going to interfere with any games? I play FFS, CS, DS, RS2.
Trying to figure out whether to update or hold off.

ginrae22
06-30-15, 04:57 PM
So I feel like Cid never shows up anymore. And all I need is one little shovel from him but noooo and now that I actually have enough seeds to open another plot space of course i am not ever getting shovels! I just need one more! Seriously though ever since mustard man (my little nickname for him) started coming in Cid is practically nowhere to be seen.

ellyse99
06-30-15, 05:27 PM
What happenes if we aren't able to learn all of the recipes on the BBQ grill before the time is up?

Will the unlearned recipes just sit there unable to be learned because we can no longer collect mustard and make barbecue sauce? Or will you be able to learn them, but with no ability to get a prize at the end?

I only have the hotdog unlocked and have about 9/12 sauce for the ribs. Ill be on vacation soon for about a week and wont have time to constantly check my game.

It'll be like the Valentine oven. If you have stored up enough BBQ sauce you can learn the recipes anytime, otherwise you won't be able to unlock them. So you need to get enough BBQ sauce before the event ends.

Lenkapon
06-30-15, 10:08 PM
So I feel like Cid never shows up anymore. And all I need is one little shovel from him but noooo and now that I actually have enough seeds to open another plot space of course i am not ever getting shovels! I just need one more! Seriously though ever since mustard man (my little nickname for him) started coming in Cid is practically nowhere to be seen.

Cid only dropped the shovel once for me since I have started playing :( I have only 1 shovel now.

Kwackers
06-30-15, 11:37 PM
It is necessary to complete 3 star mastery of potato salad to get firefly jars. Tall order! Have fun.

ghjvcucjb
07-01-15, 02:49 AM
Just want to say thank you TL for Nefertiti! She's awesome!

tywin111
07-01-15, 04:17 AM

If it is the same with valentine oven then you can unlock the recipe later with gems.

cquinn32
07-01-15, 05:21 AM
Finally completed the BBQ quest!! Now on to the potato salad quest and I've stocked up 24 potatoes. Hope I'll have time to finish it.

Once again thank you to everyone on this forum your so helpful!!

kimberly0822
07-01-15, 07:10 AM

If you dont finish, the mustard will go away, the only way to be able to learn the recipes will be to use gems to buy the sauces. This is what happened with the valentine stove. I learned 2 recipes but ran out of time to collect the cards. No way to learn the recipes without the. You can still ise the stove to cook what you have already learned.

HarunaMin
07-01-15, 08:01 AM
Omg I so can't believe what just happened!!
I finally collected the 25 sauces, but the award did not come right away, and I was so anxious on learning the last remaining course on the BBQ stove that I hit "learn", and......and........ The count was back to 0 / 25!
WTF! Seriously, WTF!!!:mad:

simpassoc
07-01-15, 09:36 AM
I have searched the forum trying to figure out how simple spice affects food. Can someone help? Trying to apply to this challenge.

fatbearsecondary
07-01-15, 09:44 AM
I have searched the forum trying to figure out how simple spice affects food. Can someone help? Trying to apply to this challenge.

Simple Spice makes each plate of food sell for 1 coin more. It will have no effect at all on this challenge. You can use it on the food if you'd like, but it won't do anything to make any of the quests go any faster.

Example:
Fried Egg, the first recipe we get, makes 3 servings and gets you 9 coins of profit (according to the recipe page).
That means that each plate must sell for 3 coins: 9 coins profit/3 servings = 3 coins/serving
However, if you were to use simple spice on your Fried Egg, each plate would sell for 4 coins instead of 3.
That would get you 12 coins instead of 9: 3 servings * (3 coins/serving + 1 from Simple Spice) = 3 * 4 = 12

Hopefully that makes sense? So Simple Spice is way to get more coins and won't effect this challenge at all. You're best off using it on the highest-serving dishes you have.

Perhaps you're talking about Mastery Spice instead? That can be used on the Potato Salad challenge but won't help at all on the BBQ quests. The explanation for Mastery Spice is all over the place, including here: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?79356-Mastery-Spice/page2

simpassoc
07-01-15, 10:32 AM
Thanks so much, that helps a lot. Which this game came with instructions!

dalielahdawn
07-01-15, 10:41 AM
Finally enough bbq to learn chicken. After 3 days. Ugh. Now wait till tomorrow till its done and I can move on? This quest has proved not just tiresome but boring too.

somiemyhomie17
07-01-15, 12:26 PM
It'll be like the Valentine oven. If you have stored up enough BBQ sauce you can learn the recipes anytime, otherwise you won't be able to unlock them. So you need to get enough BBQ sauce before the event ends.

Thanks ellyse. Also thanks tywin111 and kimberly0822.

ghjvcucjb
07-01-15, 04:35 PM
Finished everything except the potato salad. Who knew the problem wasn't going to be the mustard but the potatoes! 4 hours to restock! So thought I could upgrade the store and it says $750,000 for next upgrade! Woozy. Are the vegetables grown in fields made of gold???

Jennerwein1
07-01-15, 06:24 PM
Finished everything except the potato salad. Who knew the problem wasn't going to be the mustard but the potatoes! 4 hours to restock! So thought I could upgrade the store and it says $750,000 for next upgrade! Woozy. Are the vegetables grown in fields made of gold???
I am in the same boat. Checking the street market ALL the time. Supplementing from there helps, since we need an uneven number for the potato salad. Also making lots of Mastery Spice. Now I need 20 more potato salads to make it to three star mastery. Sheer drudgery (wipes brow), but my type A personality is making me do it. :) I can't bring myself to quit or not make it.

ariffraff
07-01-15, 06:47 PM
I am in the same boat. Checking the street market ALL the time. Supplementing from there helps, since we need an uneven number for the potato salad. Also making lots of Mastery Spice. Now I need 20 more potato salads to make it to three star mastery. Sheer drudgery (wipes brow), but my type A personality is making me do it. :) I can't bring myself to quit or not make it.
I'm in the same boat, except I'm at 23 BBQ sauces. I've been hoarding potatoes and mayonnaise though.

Jennerwein1
07-01-15, 08:04 PM
I'm in the same boat, except I'm at 23 BBQ sauces. I've been hoarding potatoes and mayonnaise though.
I wish I had done that,too. You should be in good shape. Mayo is not the problem, the potatoes are the rate limiting ingredient. I think I'll make it with all the Mastery Spice I have made.

txangel1109
07-01-15, 08:58 PM
I wish I had done that,too. You should be in good shape. Mayo is not the problem, the potatoes are the rate limiting ingredient. I think I'll make it with all the Mastery Spice I have made.

I've got 16 mastery spice and I need 29 potato salads. I got this! :-)

Kwackers
07-01-15, 10:08 PM
I finally collected the 25 sauces, but the award did not come right away, and I was so anxious on learning the last remaining course on the BBQ stove that I hit "learn", and......and........ The count was back to 0 / 25!
My sympathy. I did the same thing. I was anxious to start new dish overnight. Now I have 0/25 sauce to complete the goal and still need to finish third star mastery of potato salad.
PLAYERS BE WARNED.

MysticOrchid
07-01-15, 10:17 PM
Okay, not happy too! I finished everything and just needed the 25 sauce for the very last part of the quest and it never popped to give my reward and when I clicked on to learn the Burger, it all went back to 0 instead of 25.

Can someone please fix this??? omg :eek:

ghjvcucjb
07-01-15, 11:44 PM
I'm only on the first set so have a very long ways to go :(

I wish had thought about it and planned it better like you did. I had written off the potato goal thinking there was no way I was going to finish the the BBQ ones. Oh well, live and learn.

swampdarling
07-02-15, 01:35 AM
Can anyone help? I cannot get an oven! It's not there... I am supposed to make Avo Hotdogs, but how? I have played this game Restaurant Story for 3 years. I think I know how goals are played... Is this a bug issue? Also, I see others posting about gift backs.... I can only gift back blue knobs since the update... Still not fixed.

jandtandn
07-02-15, 03:11 AM
Can anyone help? I cannot get an oven! It's not there... I am supposed to make Avo Hotdogs, but how? I have played this game Restaurant Story for 3 years. I think I know how goals are played... Is this a bug issue? Also, I see others posting about gift backs.... I can only gift back blue knobs since the update... Still not fixed.

You're in the wrong forum. :) Go here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82778-Restaurant-goals-july-01-2015-red-white-and-blue

Jennerwein1
07-02-15, 03:18 AM
I'm only on the first set so have a very long ways to go :(

I wish had thought about it and planned it better like you did. I had written off the potato goal thinking there was no way I was going to finish the the BBQ ones. Oh well, live and learn.

Same here, so I made as many Mastery Spice as I could, that is getting me through this one. At one point I had 25, which means 50 potato salad right there. I also buy every potato I can at the street market (:mad:) and check the game every 4 hours for the potato refill. Now I only have ten more to go, when I initially thought there was no way! So you can still do this!

cnlsmommy
07-02-15, 03:49 AM
Can anyone update post 1 with all the goals or know off the top of their head which page has 6-10 so I don't have to reread everything?

jandtandn
07-02-15, 04:29 AM
Can anyone update post 1 with all the goals or know off the top of their head which page has 6-10 so I don't have to reread everything?

It's post #260 on page 26 by Iconoclast:

BBQ Quest Steps

Step 1:

Collect 2 Beef
Serve 1 Hamburger
Serve 1 Steak & Eggs

Step 2:

Apply Patio Chair Style

Step 3:

Collect 3 Mustard
Cook 1 BBQ sauce

Step 4:

Make BBQ sauce (2)
Place BBQ Grill
Learn hot dogs

Step 5:

Serve 2 Yogurt Parfait
Serve 2 Potato Soup
Serve 3 Hot dogs

Step 6:

Collect 6 Mustard
Make 6 BBQ Sauce
Learn BBQ Ribs

Step 7:

Make 3 BBQ Sauce
Serve 4 Hot dogs
Serve 5 BBQ Ribs

Step 8:

Collect 1 Chicken
Collect 1 Sugar
Learn BBQ Chicken

Step 9:

Serve 4 Yogurt Parfait
Serve 5 Cheesecake
Serve 6 BBQ Chicken

Step 10:

Serve 5 Hot Dogs
Serve 5 BBQ Ribs
Collect 25 BBQ Sauce

BBQ Recipes

Diner Stove

BBQ sauce - 30 minutes
3 mustard
1 sugar
1 tomato

Commercial range

2 mustard
3 potato
1 mayo
Learn for 2000

Grill

1 beef
1 bread

2 beef
2 tomato
1 sugar

3 chicken
2 tomato
1 sugar

1 beef
2 bread
1 bacon

polllya
07-02-15, 05:12 AM

Same here. I thought I will get the reward since I already finish the other 2 requirement.

fatbearsecondary
07-02-15, 06:56 AM

It's also (not to pimp my own stuff, but...) in my guide to the event post: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82649-BBQ-event-guide mostly for that same reason, I got sick of paging though looking for each step...

sharon4160
07-02-15, 07:15 AM
I am getting discourage with the Uncle Sam event he does not come often enough and does not leave enough mustard. This is why I don't like your challenges too stressful and no fun. I wish you would fix this!

sushi0606
07-02-15, 07:27 AM

I have the same problem all 25 sauces made unlocked my bacon burgers, count is back at zero after all that work. I'm extremely POed! Please hurry up and fix this glitch

WalterNYCNY1
07-02-15, 09:46 AM
I also have the same issue as post 391 and 394...I made the 25 sauces and then it went back to 0/25 ...on level 9... Is this glitch go to be fix soon...I hope so...������������

flechesbleues
07-02-15, 10:45 AM
Does anybody know whether if you pay gems to "skip" the step of learning a recipe, you get to keep the recipe? Or do you just skip the step in the challenge?

fatbearsecondary
07-02-15, 10:50 AM
Does anybody know whether if you pay gems to "skip" the step of learning a recipe, you get to keep the recipe? Or do you just skip the step in the challenge?

Just skip the step in the challenge. So be careful, as you usually have to cook the item on the next step, so you'll have to learn it anyway or keep paying to skip.

DeliFoodCourt
07-02-15, 06:01 PM
Reach the last step and i collected all 25 sauces and received my reward. When I came back to game all my sauces were gone and I have to recollect all the sauces and my prize was taken away. I refuse. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sugerbabby2
07-02-15, 11:46 PM
My bbq rib are not counting I cooked more then five on step nine help

cquinn32
07-03-15, 09:36 AM
The past couple days has anyone received any more than 2 mustard per visit?

ellyse99
07-03-15, 11:04 AM

Yes and I don't need any more mustard since I already finished all the quests!

jandtandn
07-03-15, 01:58 PM

I have, but of course it's right after I finish the goal and learned Bacon Burger on top of that.

Marmalademuffin
07-03-15, 03:54 PM
On one account I have been getting them like crazy. 3 or 4 each collection but on my phone I get only one each time so it is taking forever.

cquinn32
07-03-15, 05:19 PM
Thank you everyone for your response!!
I've only ever gotten more than two a few times and that was days ago. I just want to get this potato salad quest finished and be done with this lol. Just getting unlucky I guess. Probably because I have plenty of potatoes saved up.

ghjvcucjb
07-03-15, 11:28 PM
I'm losing hope in finishing the potato salad. Only enough potatoes to make a couple of salads a day. Only two have popped up in my street market over the past week.

ellyse99
07-04-15, 01:14 AM
I wish I could donate all my mustards, I have more than 100 and no use at all for them since I finished already.

DrP4ever
07-04-15, 01:25 AM
One mustard at a time, trying to do the chicken one but still don't have enough barbecue sauce. Getting a bit worried now

jandtandn
07-04-15, 03:53 AM
One mustard at a time, trying to do the chicken one but still don't have enough barbecue sauce. Getting a bit worried now

I see they added a pack you can buy that has a bunch of BBQ sauce...

tywin111
07-04-15, 05:21 AM
I continue to make bbq sauce as my private collection.

Lenkapon
07-04-15, 06:55 AM
I have finished the BBQ quest long time ago... Yesterday I just realized that: "Oh no! What am I doing?! Making BBQ sauces! For what?"

Jennerwein1
07-04-15, 07:35 AM
I am making more potato salad, because it is pretty good return. And now I am getting plenty of mustard (figures).

dalielahdawn
07-04-15, 07:36 AM
Past couple days all I get is one or two. Mostly one. And he's not coming as consistently. Took an hour for him to show this morning, after not being on all night. :(

goldsilvercoin
07-04-15, 11:33 AM
Is it safe to unlock the bacon burger yet? I don't want to loose 25 bbq sauces in the glitch. Thanks!

jandtandn
07-04-15, 12:11 PM
Is it safe to unlock the bacon burger yet? I don't want to loose 25 bbq sauces in the glitch. Thanks!

Did you get the goal where you have to click the button that says "brave?" As in land of the free, home of the brave? I think that's what it said. If so, then go ahead and learn the bacon burger because clicking that button is the last step.

orleansparish
07-04-15, 02:20 PM
Well I wont finish this event. I hadnt even bothered checking the game for about three days. Sometimes Sam would come and leave nothing. Then two, one and on rare occasion three. I HATE this frequently stupid random events, where it all depends on the computer allowing the person to drop something or risk sanity by checking the game every hour. I have a life!

catfoodie
07-04-15, 07:03 PM
Well I wont finish this event. I hadnt even bothered checking the game for about three days. Sometimes Sam would come and leave nothing. Then two, one and on rare occasion three. I HATE this frequently stupid random events, where it all depends on the computer allowing the person to drop something or risk sanity by checking the game every hour. I have a life!
I think 14 days is a lot to finish the event. I was able to check game quite frequently and was able to finish within 5 days, but there were like 10 more days to go. You do need to check the game but not as often as it might seem

ginrae22
07-05-15, 12:29 AM
This is the only event I have actually finished on this game ! But I'm not kidding I was like obsessively checking my game every 10 to 15 min to see how often I could collect mustard. I've never played this often before. It's annoying to have to put quite that much time in to get to finish. I'm confused why the bacon burger wasn't part of the quest goals though... I'm currently learning the recipe. 14 hours to go.

boredz
07-05-15, 03:40 AM
I finally finished the event!!!
Can't wait for the next one.

clarity625
07-05-15, 09:41 AM
Anyone else had a problem with the game freezing every time auto lock came on my phone?
I like to keep my auto lock on 1 minute to save energy. I had to change it to auto lock after 5 minutes, otherwise I have to constantly turn off then on the phone - big hustle!
This started when this event started.

5 more days to go. I'm almost done. I mastered potato salad. I am on the last part of the quest - I served the 5 hot dogs and 5 BBQ ribs. I am making 23rd batch of BBQ sauce. Just got a mustard, so I need 5 more and I can finish the quest. I will wait to learn Bacon Burger until I am sure the quest is done.

fantaloonastic
07-05-15, 09:54 AM
I only started playing a few days ago (not on this account so don't add me!) and just made it to lvl 14 but the mustard collecting is going super slow. Obviously I've checked my game a lot the past days to level up fast but I never seem to get mustard bearing uncles? Am I missing some trick here?

calilive213
07-06-15, 06:15 AM
I enjoyed this event, the only thing I could complain about is that the recipes on the grill aren't very profitable after the effort it took to get them. Other than that, reading the comments here are so discouraging, more so than the event itself, smh.

Also if you guys have to choose, go for the recipes because the firefly jars are a very underwhelming decoration, Imo.
And I usually like the decor rewards.

Thanks S8, great event.
Wish I could sell my extra mustards and bbq sauce (and even vday cards, lol) to help other players tho.

LadyEna
07-06-15, 07:20 AM
^Wish I could have em!
Glad I am not the only one where Uncle Sam seems to be visiting less often.

catfoodie
07-06-15, 08:38 AM
I enjoyed this event, the only thing I could complain about is that the recipes on the grill aren't very profitable after the effort it took to get them.
Agree about event, and also agree about profits. It's cool to have some extra recipes and bbq grill, but I really wish it would be more servings and/or profit.

cquinn32
07-06-15, 09:47 AM
I also like doing these events BUT I have to say the rewards given for this event are little bit of a let down. I'm sorry but the pile of fireworks is just lame!!

catfoodie
07-06-15, 09:59 AM
I also like doing these events BUT I have to say the rewards given for this event are little bit of a let down. I'm sorry but the pile of fireworks is just lame!!
This! I was actually thinking they would give American style for chairs as a reward at some step. The huge pile of fireworks with no animation was not the best prize for so much efforts in order to collect bbq sauces-.- I feel like I spent less time on cartering events and prizes there were much more appealing to me!

m1stery
07-06-15, 01:10 PM
I enjoyed this event, the only thing I could complain about is that the recipes on the grill aren't very profitable after the effort it took to get them. Other than that, reading the comments here are so discouraging, more so than the event itself, smh.

I kinda agree, this event has become somewhat enjoyable after TL had fixed ridiculous requirements for bbq sauce. But I also think that it had started too soon after the Egyptian event, there should be little space between events, cuz otherwise it become a bit tiresome.
Also I couldn't agree more that grill food should be more profitable!

luna2cute
07-06-15, 03:45 PM
Finished the potato salad. I agree with those that say the firefly jars are underwhelming. And that's an understatement. They are pretty boring. Looks like tiny fishbowl with a tiny minnow in it swimming in a circle. Doesn't glow, no pretty colours. A little disappointed.

I need 7 more bbq sauce to finish the other part. But Uncle Sam is being frugal and lazy. Not sure I'm even worried about getting the prize. If it's on par with the firefly jars, I won't miss it.

Too bad, could have been a lot more fun. Oh well. Maybe next event!

fantaloonastic
07-06-15, 04:49 PM
Om learning the ribs right now so no way I'll be able to finish, but it has been a fun event so far! I'm usually not a fan of random drops but the mustard that does drop isn't too disappointing anymore

Lenkapon
07-06-15, 06:17 PM
I'm hoping for non-cartering for next event.

burrs14
07-06-15, 10:44 PM
i had 2 batches of bbq sauce cooking before i exited the game but when i came back both of it were gone and its not in my pantry becausw i checked before i left and i had 15 and i still have 15 now so where did they go?? has this happened to anyone else?

ellyse99
07-07-15, 12:44 AM
This! I was actually thinking they would give American style for chairs as a reward at some step. The huge pile of fireworks with no animation was not the best prize for so much efforts in order to collect bbq sauces-.- I feel like I spent less time on cartering events and prizes there were much more appealing to me!

I agree, would've loved to get the chairs.

faeriedust
07-07-15, 05:01 AM
25 BBQ sauce not counting for me too.

Edit: Issue resolved very quickly! Thank you.

RobsAngel91214
07-07-15, 01:00 PM
Is anyone else struggling to finish this. It's taking forever to make the BBQ sauces. Wish we only had to make 4 or 5 instead of 28. I am trying to make the last 6 I need to be able to learn the BBQ chicken but Uncle Sam is being stingy with the mustard. I have been working on the potato salad. Think I have 2 or 3 left. I just can't get enough mustard for everything :(

luna2cute
07-07-15, 02:12 PM
I used a lot of mastery spice to finish the potato salad one. Then just focused on the bbq sauce. But yes, Uncle Sam was very stingy and irritating at times.

"Here's one mustard for you even though I know you need way more than that! Mwahahahaha!"

I did finally finish it today.

But kind of disappointed in all the prizes, maybe except the gems as they are rare for me since I don't buy them.

But the firefly bowls are very sparse and dismal and the fireworks are just a big square of....well....fireworks.

I keep tapping on them hoping they will go off and explode, but no luck yet. I'll keep trying then put them in storage. But it would be nice if they would explode. Just a little.

If you haven't finished the event, don't stress over finishing it. It isn't a super set of prizes and mine are going into storage once they've sat there a few days and I feel I've got my use out of them. Which is nothing.

I do however like the bbq grill.

ellyse99
07-07-15, 02:15 PM
I used a lot of mastery spice to finish the potato salad one. Then just focused on the bbq sauce. But yes, Uncle Sam was very stingy and irritating at times.

"Here's one mustard for you even though I know you need way more than that! Mwahahahaha!"

I did finally finish it today.

But kind of disappointed in all the prizes, maybe except the gems as they are rare for me since I don't buy them.

But the firefly bowls are very sparse and dismal and the fireworks are just a big square of....well....fireworks.

I keep tapping on them hoping they will go off and explode, but no luck yet. I'll keep trying then put them in storage. But it would be nice if they would explode. Just a little.

If you haven't finished the event, don't stress over finishing it. It isn't a super set of prizes and mine are going into storage once they've sat there a few days and I feel I've got my use out of them. Which is nothing.

I do however like the bbq grill.

Luna, I agree! Quite underwhelming. Nope the fireworks aren't animated, mine are going into storage just like yours when I next redecorate.

ellyse99
07-07-15, 02:16 PM
I wish I could gift mustard...I have almost 300 sitting around with no use for them. Uncle Sam pops by every 10 mins or so and drops me multiples of them!

luna2cute
07-07-15, 02:27 PM
I wish I could gift mustard...I have almost 300 sitting around with no use for them. Uncle Sam pops by every 10 mins or so and drops me multiples of them!

Maybe you can set them out back of your restaurant and other players can stop by and pick some up.

Free Mustard!! Free Mustard!! ;)

I have none to give, or I would set mine out back too.

KadeeDid
07-07-15, 08:09 PM
i had 2 batches of bbq sauce cooking before i exited the game but when i came back both of it were gone and its not in my pantry becausw i checked before i left and i had 15 and i still have 15 now so where did they go?? has this happened to anyone else?

Yes. Since last event, game often resets and work is lost. I did not finish last event as first time I logged in, game would close. I had to log in again. Then I would serve foot and food wouldbe back on ovens, waiting to be served again.

With this event, the serving, resetting, serving continues. I exit, go back in and food that was cooking is no longer there. Uncle Sam comes in and disappears as the game resets. Today.he was sitting at the table and vanished into thin air. He offers 3 mustard, game resets, mustard vanishes, I wait for him to reappear but this time he only has 1 mustard.

Incredibly annoying!

xenu8
07-07-15, 08:51 PM
I finally got my 25 BBQ for the 9th goal and they disappeared! I am so annoyed with this game.

Nessell
07-07-15, 09:31 PM
Quick question do we get to keep the grill forever? Today the grill has a 2 day timer on it....does that mean it is going to disappear??.

ellyse99
07-07-15, 10:51 PM
Quick question do we get to keep the grill forever? Today the grill has a 2 day timer on it....does that mean it is going to disappear??.

If you buy it before the timer runs out you get to keep it. The timer is only to say how long more it'll be available for purchase.

jandtandn
07-08-15, 04:08 AM

I think you get to keep the grill and any recipes you unlocked, same as when the Valentine's oven came out. Collect enough BBQ sauce for whatever you haven't unlocked yet, and you should be able to unlock those recipes even after the event is over (which is the same as the Valentine's Day goal as well).

ElyzaG62
07-08-15, 11:53 AM
Haven't been able to get into my game now for hours. With only 2 days left I probably won't be able to finish the quest. :( Anybody else having problems?

jmavs8
07-08-15, 03:11 PM
Does anyone know when the quest actually ends? It says one day for the potato salad, and I still have to collect more potatoes. Will it count down by hours or just disappear?

mermaidzen
07-09-15, 05:24 AM
Sorry if this has been asked don't have time to read all the posts as got a sick child.
After the event do we get to keep the grill and how are we going to learn any that we haven't learnt or got the BBQ sauce for

xxangelmariexxx
07-09-15, 07:35 AM
Yes you keep the grill....anything that hasnt been learned will go away

jandtandn
07-09-15, 10:41 AM
Sorry if this has been asked don't have time to read all the posts as got a sick child.
After the event do we get to keep the grill and how are we going to learn any that we haven't learnt or got the BBQ sauce for

If you do not collect enough BBQ sauce to learn the recipe, you can never unlock it. Even though the time limit to make the BBQ sauce is limited, if you can manage to collect the required amount per recipe you will still be able to learn those recipes once the event ends.

fantaloonastic
07-09-15, 01:43 PM
I'm stuck on 11/18 for the chicken bbq recipe, got two more bbq sauce going right now but there's no way to collect enough mustard for those last few ones :(

RobsAngel91214
07-13-15, 05:43 AM
I have a question. Why is there still a BBQ sauce requirement on the bacon burger if I am now unable to make the sauce?? I am taking it I will have to use money to get gems in order to learn this recipe now?? It hardly seems fair to have to spend 20 bucks to learn it since the event is over I feel the BBQ sauce requirement should be too.

fatbearsecondary
07-13-15, 07:12 AM
I have a question. Why is there still a BBQ sauce requirement on the bacon burger if I am now unable to make the sauce?? I am taking it I will have to use money to get gems in order to learn this recipe now?? It hardly seems fair to have to spend 20 bucks to learn it since the event is over I feel the BBQ sauce requirement should be too.

The sauce requirement is permenant; it just means you'll have to spend gems if you ever want the recipe. Some recipes are just permenantly unavailable if you miss the window for learning them. This is one. You can just pass on having the recipe but if it's that important to you, yes, you can use gems to obtain it.

sigk1
07-17-15, 06:57 PM
I'm so confused about this. I initially created bbq sauce but now when I go to recipes I don't even have an option of making bbq sauce. My grill is worthless since I cannot make sauce. Anyone have suggestions?

Traci

jandtandn
07-17-15, 08:36 PM
I'm so confused about this. I initially created bbq sauce but now when I go to recipes I don't even have an option of making bbq sauce. My grill is worthless since I cannot make sauce. Anyone have suggestions?

Traci

While the recipes are permanant, the ability to make the BBQ sauce to unlock them was a timed event.

If you did not make the required amount of BBQ sauce before the goal ended, you cannot unlock the recipes unless you use gems (if you see that option). If there is no option to unlock the recipes using gems, then you will not be able to make the recipe.