PDA

View Full Version : Real time chat

popcorn1958
06-22-15, 11:54 AM
Not sure where this question should be posted ?
Just wondered if this game had any real time chat room ? I have by default made a pact with someone re gifting gems to each other it would be nice to say thank you for an arrangement made without communicating exactly that lol it would also be a great place to ask questions when u need an urgent reply I'm a newbie and have lots and lots of ?s

rivalotka2
06-22-15, 04:06 PM
there is not a wall in this game. the only way to chat with other players is here on the forum

jim23cash
06-22-15, 04:51 PM
Just wondered if this game had any real time chat room ? I have by default made a pact with someone re gifting gems to each other it would be nice to say thank you for an arrangement made without communicating exactly that lol it would also be a great place to ask questions when u need an urgent reply I'm a newbie and have lots and lots of ?s

You can tell if a player is on the forums by the dot next to their name. if it's green, they are on forums. You can also send private messages to each other, and sort of "chat", if you are on at same time. If you touch the players name (S8ID), a few options will appear. One of them is to send a private message. If you get a message, notification appears next to your name at the top of every page of forum when signed in.
Hope that helps! Send me a message if you have more questions! :D Annie

popcorn1958
06-22-15, 05:01 PM
Thanks for that Annie yes it helped just had a peek at your profile hope you don't mind : ) is it possible to pull up a members profile if there not online ?

popcorn1958
06-22-15, 05:01 PM
I enjoy this game but the waiting times are a ****er lol

popcorn1958
06-22-15, 05:12 PM
Oh my goodness u been playing this game for two years lol didn't think it was that old

popcorn1958
06-22-15, 05:13 PM
And look I'm now a hostess lol

crystalrayn3
06-22-15, 06:48 PM
I've been playing not only Fantasy Story since it's conception but Farm Story, Farm Story 2, Dragon Story & Vampires. I figure with all the gems & such I purchased over years Team Lava should have a great pension plan! Lol Thank you Popcorn for beginning this thread, it's a great idea :)

Allixiandra
06-23-15, 12:01 AM
Hello everybody,

I play this games only a few weeks now and I really like it. It is a nice way to pass the time but I do badly miss an ingame chat, too and I think it is a shame that there is none at all. It would be great to have the possibility to communicate with your neighbours or other Gamers to Exchange experiences or just chatting around.

I am also wondering if there are some other players from good old Germany just like I am. It would be great if we could start a german thread to exchange some Information. I have e.G. some problems with the breeding-lists due to I am not able to derive all german names of the animals from the english ones, so I often have to wait until the breeding is finished and I hate that. :rolleyes:

Many regards

Allixi

jim23cash
06-23-15, 12:18 AM
Thanks for that Annie yes it helped just had a peek at your profile hope you don't mind : ) is it possible to pull up a members profile if there not online ?

Yes, you can click on anyone in a thread, and see their profile. If you are trying to find someone, you need to know their Storm8 ID, which is probably different than their Island name. Go into your profile, and add them to your contacts, or ask to friend them.
If you don't know their S8 ID, you could start a thread and call it something like "HEY (THEIR ISLAND NAME HERE) , (YOUR ISLAND NAME HERE) IS LOOKING FOR YOU"
For Example, my Island is named "MAGICAL MEADOWS" and if I were looking for "UNICORN POINT", I would start a thread called "HEY UNICORN POINT, MAGICAL MEADOWS IS SEARCHING FOR YOU!
Since we can't talk in game, that's the only way I know to find someone, and that's only if they are on forums.
Good Luck! :D Annie

jim23cash
06-23-15, 01:03 AM
Hello everybody,

I play this games only a few weeks now and I really like it. It is a nice way to pass the time but I do badly miss an ingame chat, too and I think it is a shame that there is none at all. It would be great to have the possibility to communicate with your neighbours or other Gamers to Exchange experiences or just chatting around.

I am also wondering if there are some other players from good old Germany just like I am. It would be great if we could start a german thread to exchange some Information. I have e.G. some problems with the breeding-lists due to I am not able to derive all german names of the animals from the english ones, so I often have to wait until the breeding is finished and I hate that. :rolleyes:

Many regards

Allixi

Welcome to the forums! You could start a thread "Looking for German FF players". Try to put as much important info in first few words, as the whole thread name may not show in posts list.
If you have never started a thread, go to the top of this page, there is a "bread crumb trail" right above the "Reply to thread" icon. Follow it over to the third (3rd) link, "FANTASY FOREST", and click on that crumb (link). It will take you to the forum home page of FF. There should be a link near the top of that page "Start a new thread". If it's not on that page, choose the "Discussions" link, and it should be at the top of that page.
Hope that helps, sorry it's not more exact, I'm writing from memory. Good Luck! :D Annie

Allixiandra
06-23-15, 01:12 AM
Thank you so much for your Support. I will try this! :D

popcorn1958
06-23-15, 01:13 AM
Cool idea Annie thank you : ) maybe they should start a members list this game has so many great things that could be added to make it an amazing overall gaming experience

popcorn1958
06-23-15, 01:16 AM
And I think with all those games and money spent over the years you would probably have enough for a real farm and at least a crystal unicorn and a couple of treasure toucans hahahha

jim23cash
06-23-15, 01:36 AM
And I think with all those games and money spent over the years you would probably have enough for a real farm and at least a crystal unicorn and a couple of treasure toucans hahahha

Don't I wish!:p Lol!

jim23cash
06-23-15, 01:45 AM
Cool idea Annie thank you : ) maybe they should start a members list this game has so many great things that could be added to make it an amazing overall gaming experience

People have different levels of comfort with their information... Some people have their forum name changed so you can't add them, some have more than one account, and use the non-dominant one for forums,... I'm sure some would have a problem with listing their names and IDs.
You know, a lot of people list things in their signature on forum, like island names. You might want to go thru some of the FF threads, especially ones for battles, tournaments or world events. Your neighbor might have their island name in their signature. You could add it (your island name) to your signature, as well. Someone might recognize you that way. You set your signature up in your profile. I think it's in the left hand column on the main page. :D

EDIT: Nope, you have to select "Settings" in the far upper right corner of the main page, then you can find it in the column on the left.

Kemhoward60
06-23-15, 02:32 PM
I would like to suggest an idea! The lava tea could have a photo contest for players wanting to share their restauants /bakery photos and the team could choose the place that they thought was the nicest for the month! The prize could be gems,coins,or items such as platters of brownies!

kooky panda
06-23-15, 02:40 PM

There is not a wall for this game, but you can get information on game play by reading the threads under the discussion forum.

As for chatting, you can use visitor and private messages via your profile.

You can also start a group (http://forums.storm8.com/group.php) and invite others to join, by posting a thread in the fanlink forum. (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?94-TeamLava-Fan-Links)

Thanks!