PDA

View Full Version : Wells placement and luck impact

Eilann
06-21-15, 07:50 AM
(Sorry to open a new thread for that, but there are so many speaking about them, and my question is rather specific)

So, i read somewhere people said that you had better chances to get mermaids scales from wells if those were near ponds. And clicking fast would have an effect too?!

I have had an argument with a player who previously told me Tabernum had better chances of dropping shards if i gathered a lot of water, since the first research was water. Another one told me to place the tablet near a pond...
I did that for 10 levels before coming on the forum and reading that Tabernum shards were totally random and nothing could influence them.

So all this fuss about ponds and things supposed to give luck sounds like crazy supersitions to me, but my player won't hear that.

Is there any scientific study showing that wells give better drops near ponds?
Are there others specific building placements that increase drops, or are all this theories just a bunch of legends?

ShibuyaCloth
06-21-15, 11:08 AM
Superstition :) There are many theories about many aspects of the game. Nope, random seems the best definition. Although the game random generator only is random over a very large sample.

Eilann
06-21-15, 03:16 PM
Thanks! feels good to have the proof in writing, now i can send people here if need it. Low level players are sometimes misguided by some old players who don't read the forum but pretend to know all. It pains me, having to defend my young neighbors from that.

(sorry about bad language, got carried away. have a nice evening :))