PDA

View Full Version : Tuneful Trio contingency plan

ogreve
06-19-15, 04:57 AM
Hi,

Well, I know that several other players are -just like me- struggling *very* hard with getting the Tuneful Trio animals.
It's been two weeks of almost consistent earth-fire breeding and so far I've only got a single Lullabison.
I really like the habitat so I bought that. Now, I don't want my poor lovely Lullabison to be all alone in there. At this moment my hopes for getting the other two animals have pretty much hit rock bottom, despite there still being a week left to get them.
Therefore, I have devised a "contingency plan", that others may find useful too.
What I "discovered" (though I'm sure that I'm not the first one to try this), is that when I accidentally bred a Tubacan on my wife's iPhone with a Pyro Pony, I instantly got another Tubacan. I think the very same trick will work with pairing my Lullabison to the Rock Rhino too. By mixing it with effectively the same elemental combination, I can only foresee either the Lullabison or a Rock Rhino as a potential outcome. If the outcomes are limited to Lullabisons alone, great, I can then force-fill my habitat within 24 hours time, and have three Lullabisons as "cash bisons" (i.e. "cash cows" ;)), whilst I go down struggling to get the other animals. That would at least see a financially useful occupation of that beautiful habitat. Then, should I by any freak coincidence actually happen to get the other animals too, I can just move the surplus Lullabisons to a new big earth plateau that I'm currently constructing specifically for this purpose.
I am well advanced enough to not exactly have the luxury of quickly buying new land (my next expansion will incur 46 runes, of which I presently only have 12), but by doing this I can still get away with it without much of a penalty in terms of having to sacrifice other animals; it should be quite obvious that by now I have got plenty of repeated animals with either earth and/or fire in them. Heck, the Lullabison is beautiful. Should I indeed get more Musical animals before they expire, I might even buy a second habitat for them. :)
There!
I'm *NOT* letting the bad breeding luck let me get down!
This way I'll have a strategy to have at least a somewhat satisfying outcome of this Tuneful Breeding Hell. ;)

Cheers,
Olafo

tuffyjkitten
06-19-15, 11:19 AM
I won't buy the limited habitat unless I have at least 2 of the animals that go in it. Aria the Lullabison is currently bunking with the chocolate bunny.

I had the same thing happen with breeding lullabison and either fire or rock....more lullabisons. Got one when breeding it with unicorn as well. I had 6 lullabisons one right after the other, no matter what I bred actually. When it rains it pours! Still no tubacan. I took a break to try for sapybara and bred a platoon of Plantlers. Back to tubacan now. Good luck!

KatiesIslands
06-22-15, 09:42 AM
I have been breeding steadily since this "event" began. I have not gotten a single musical creature. I have had dozens of armordillos, a half dozen or so aperilfools, numerous fire foxes and such. Zero musical creatures.

I am getting to the point where I care less and less about the game. It is no longer much fun. There is very little to do - except wait for yet another 12 hour fail to hatch.

I just don't know if I care enough to bother.

empressvictoria
06-22-15, 10:33 AM
@ KatiesIsland - I am in the same boat as you Hun! I've not gotten a single
Musical Creature yet!! I've had DOZENS of Amordillos and not any other
breeds have popped up either!! Just one Armordillo after another! What's waste
of time!!
This has got to be some kind of glitch with my game on my device!
I've got all current versions of my Teamlava/Storm8 games, so that's
not the problem. My iPhone 5s is up to date, so that's not the problem either! I'm getting fed up with this game!
This is not the first time I've gone thru this either!!
Seriously, someone needs to look into this situation! I just keep
wasting my time & money(LOTS) with this game and it's getting monotonous!!
Where's Kooky when I need her?

bellibee
06-23-15, 09:26 AM
No musical creatures for me either but I do now have three Aperil Fools!

kooky panda
06-23-15, 10:08 AM
@ KatiesIsland - I am in the same boat as you Hun! I've not gotten a single
Musical Creature yet!! I've had DOZENS of Amordillos and not any other
breeds have popped up either!! Just one Armordillo after another! What's waste
of time!!
This has got to be some kind of glitch with my game on my device!
I've got all current versions of my Teamlava/Storm8 games, so that's
not the problem. My iPhone 5s is up to date, so that's not the problem either! I'm getting fed up with this game!
This is not the first time I've gone thru this either!!
Seriously, someone needs to look into this situation! I just keep
wasting my time & money(LOTS) with this game and it's getting monotonous!!
Where's Kooky when I need her?

I have found that this trio has been the hardest to get. I finally got all three, but It took a lot of speeding up eggs.

Doompicnic
06-23-15, 10:12 AM
I did not get one of these animals on my ipad. I did get all three on my iphone account easily. But, my main account that I've had the longest (ipad) no luck at all with getting any of the three animals..

zombukidolls
06-23-15, 11:58 AM
Two Bisons for me. I think this is the hardest trio too

ogreve
06-23-15, 01:32 PM
Same here.
Check my agony here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82112-The-Tuneful-Trio-Pt-1-Lullabison&p=1125501&viewfull=1#post1125501
And that is without really speeding those breedings other than just an occasional gem here and there to sync between hatching and breeding. :(
This is really getting tedious now and I'll be glad when it's Friday 20:30 CET.
BUT: there's also a bit of good news: I've now FINALLY got an Aperil Fool in the Breeding Den! That's one that has eluded me for months, despite other earth-fire horror scenarios like the Mamaroo! It was the last of the non-limited earth-fires I needed. I sure as h*ll hope there will not be a new earth-fire animal that has to be bred for quite some time...
Another bit of good news is that the Hot Dog is not limited!
Now, if Friday's update doesn't bring anything that involves limited breeding I can finally get back to 4-element breeding. This time it will be done with dark-fire-nature-water, giving me a shot at several ones I don't have yet, and NOT seeing that dreaded 12 hour Armordillo fail pop up as an outcome. :P
As for the "contingency plan" I wrote about in the initial message of this thread: without having to force it I got a second Lullabison. Should such not happen again before close to the end, I'll force-breed a 3rd Lullabison so as to at least optimally fill the special habitat. It will then still be a "musical trio", just not of distinct kinds. :/