PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access S8 games

Liloze
06-17-15, 04:02 PM
I have an ipad Air.

This issue started this morning 7:00 am EST.

I am able to access other games, except S8 games.

The problem started when I wanted to post my visits to neighbors on their walls.

Every game is behaving the same.
CS, RS, BS, Home Design.

Everytime I try to post the window processing pops up, then I am notified I need internet access!
I try to log in again, after force closing, again nothing same message, I need wifi etc...
And this affects all S8 other games on my ipad, since all give the same message!

I wait 5 minutes then try again. The game behave for 2 minutes,then the process restart again.
And I try to access another game, directly after this happens, still same result, I cannot.

This is new, I think there's a bug with Today's update!
In Restaurant story I came back to find I lost my oven's ( today's update) cooking I started!
And went back to the parts phase to rebuild them! So I did that again.

Please check and see what is happening with this issue.
And since I am posting from my ipad right now,there's nothing wrong with my Wifi.

No I do not keep apps running in the background, I always force-close.
I rebooted my ipad, checked my wifi connection, which is working fine!
Please do something about it, I have goals in CS, BS, and RS!

Thank you in advance .

kyellie
06-17-15, 04:17 PM
Also having this issue, but seems to only be with Castle Story for me. It just won't load telling me I need internet access when my connection is fine and I can open and play all other Storm8 games I have on my phone. These goals are timed but can't complete them if I can't access your game. Please address.

Posted from my Sprint LG G3

lonerlexie
06-17-15, 04:17 PM
I'm having the same issue. But I'm visiting this site from my iPad so it's not my internet connection.

lonerlexie
06-17-15, 04:34 PM
It seems to be working now

PikaSquirrel
06-17-15, 04:55 PM
I have an ipad Air.

This issue started this morning 7:00 am EST.

I am able to access other games, except S8 games.

The problem started when I wanted to post my visits to neighbors on their walls.

Every game is behaving the same.
CS, RS, BS, Home Design.

Everytime I try to post the window processing pops up, then I am notified I need internet access!
I try to log in again, after force closing, again nothing same message, I need wifi etc...
And this affects all S8 other games on my ipad, since all give the same message!

I wait 5 minutes then try again. The game behave for 2 minutes,then the process restart again.
And I try to access another game, directly after this happens, still same result, I cannot.

This is new, I think there's a bug with Today's update!
In Restaurant story I came back to find I lost my oven's ( today's update) cooking I started!
And went back to the parts phase to rebuild them! So I did that again.

Please check and see what is happening with this issue.
And since I am posting from my ipad right now,there's nothing wrong with my Wifi.

No I do not keep apps running in the background, I always force-close.
I rebooted my ipad, checked my wifi connection, which is working fine!
Please do something about it, I have goals in CS, BS, and RS!

Thank you in advance .

Also having this issue, but seems to only be with Castle Story for me. It just won't load telling me I need internet access when my connection is fine and I can open and play all other Storm8 games I have on my phone. These goals are timed but can't complete them if I can't access your game. Please address.

Posted from my Sprint LG G3

We did not experience these connection issues when checking out your accounts. Please try force closing Castle Story, turn off your wifi, turn wifi back on and then check your game. Please let us know if the issue persists.

Liloze
06-17-15, 05:07 PM
We did not experience these connection issues when checking out your accounts. Please try force closing Castle Story, turn off your wifi, turn wifi back on and then check your game. Please let us know if the issue persists.

Nope still not working after doing exactly what you advised. Still telling me I need wifi.
Not only CS, but BS, RS and Home design :(

My husband, at this instant is playing " Clah of clans" on his ipad and the wifi is fine!

Liloze
06-17-15, 05:11 PM
Just rechecked all my games, it seems I got access now, for how long I don't know.
Thank you for the prompt response :)

MaggieMayWhite
06-17-15, 05:24 PM
I have exactly the same problem, my 2 iPad have problem, can not access the game, RS, BS. iPhone, iPod seems ok by slow. iPad's is on and off.
It down when try to request material. back to the game few minutes then down again. Please look into this and resolve it. Goal time, very busy on cooking.

PikaSquirrel
06-17-15, 05:32 PM
Just rechecked all my games, it seems I got access now, for how long I don't know.
Thank you for the prompt response :)

Yay! Glad you're able to access your games again! :)

I have exactly the same problem, my 2 iPad have problem, can not access the game, RS, BS. iPhone, iPod seems ok by slow. iPad's is on and off.
It down when try to request material. back to the game few minutes then down again. Please look into this and resolve it. Goal time, very busy on cooking.

Have you also already tried force closing the game and resetting your wifi settings?

MaggieMayWhite
06-17-15, 05:43 PM
I closed the game, turn off the iPad, restart again, as I said, it is on and off, it can stop any time. My wifi is good. I can do other things at iPad. That means wifi is good.

MaggieMayWhite
06-17-15, 05:47 PM
The situation for now is I can get into the game, but when check message or go to neighbors will shows loading for more than 30 seconds and game is down. What's going on? Beside iPad, the game on iPhone and iPod are fine.

Liloze
06-17-15, 06:29 PM
Back to the same problem again, cannot access any of the games !
:confused:

Editing to add : I have to try at least 5 times to be able to access the up-mentioned games.

lonerlexie
06-17-15, 06:41 PM
Mine just booted me out the game and I can't get back in. I hope my last collection was saved. It's 9:41 est I need to go to bed anyway.

kyellie
06-17-15, 06:52 PM

Still does not work for me. It's just Castle Story, RS and BS work fine. Reset my WiFi and force closed apps several time over the past couple hours. No change, still won't load, all I get is the Attention need internet screen. I'm currently using the forum via web browser on my phone so connection is good.

bubbies8
06-17-15, 07:38 PM
I posted the same problem is the DS bugs forum, & I thought the issues was fixed. Unfortunately, it's happening again :confused:

This is what I posted in the DS forum:

I'm also having the same issue on all my story games (Bakery, Restaurant, Dragon, & Fantasy). This is happening on both my iPhone 5 & 6, and they're both updated with the latest iOS & game versions. The strange thing is, I can access the games when I turn off my wifi & use my cellular data service instead (T-Mobile). My non-S8 games will open with no problems & I can use Safari to access the Internet. Hope this problem can be fixed soon! Thank you!

Liloze
06-17-15, 08:00 PM
Cannot log to CS, tried all what you advised, to no avail, Game loading ...then The "CS is an online game You need to connected to the internet,"
Please do something about this! We Have Timed goals!
I have tons of things to do, and most probably my energy is full!
I am sure it is not my account, there's something wrong with your servers!

Liloze
06-18-15, 03:30 AM
Back to the same issue again, and today in BS I had to redo the cooking twice! Whenever I am able to log in , I see the cooking I started disappear and the loop restart!
I have timed goals on all of my games please do something about this.
It sure ain't my account, it is quiet clear there's something wrong with the servers and synch with our games/accounts!

Liloze
06-18-15, 06:02 AM
This Error occurs every single time I try to post on neighbors walls or request gift list or my own wall to delete posts. In all the games. This is getting frustratinbg and annoying :mad::mad:

jbenny39
06-18-15, 06:12 AM
anyone else having a terrible time staying connected. Servers keep going down and when I can reconnect progress has been lost. Is this just me or are others having this problem? Thanks..

Liloze
06-18-15, 06:41 AM
For the third time I am redoing the cooking in RS :mad: WTH ?!
Your servers is out of wack and wreaking havoc on my games, and S8 simply don't care!
If this problems persists, Both RS and BS will be deleted. I don't care I am level 99
When everything I do is sabotaged by indifference to players problems!

Liloze
06-18-15, 08:22 AM
Being kicked out of CS time and again, all my actions done before looping and have to do them again, if I get the energy spent then, back.
I will be leaving " Very nice rating and comment" indeed!

kyellie
06-18-15, 09:21 AM

Still does not work for me. It's just Castle Story, RS and BS work fine. Reset my WiFi and force closed apps several time over the past couple hours. No change, still won't load, all I get is the Attention need internet screen. I'm currently using the forum via web browser on my phone so connection is good.

Going on third day now, unable to access Castle Story at all. Extremely frustrating as I'm sure I've now lost the ability to complete a few of the incredibly short timed goals that I was close to completing. No issue with other Storm8 games. Only Castle Story. Please check your servers. I would appreciate some in game compensation or consolation items/goals since this is due to no fault of my own but I know that is asking way too much of TeamLava or Storm8 given their history. I would just really like to be able to even play the game. Will uninstall soon if this problem continues. Thanks.

KadeeDid
06-18-15, 09:24 AM
Going on third day now, unable to access Castle Story at all. Extremely frustrating as I'm sure I've now lost the ability to complete a few of the incredibly short timed goals that I was close to completing. No issue with other Storm8 games. Only Castle Story. Please check your servers. I would appreciate some in game compensation or consolation items/goals since this is due to no fault of my own but I know that is asking way too much of TeamLava or Storm8 given their history. I would just really like to be able to even play the game. Will uninstall soon if this problem continues. Thanks.

A friend has been having issues with CS for a month or more. Keeps crashing when she visits and she can only tap on a few farmhouses etc.

lindtball
06-18-15, 09:35 AM
It is happening to me as well. nearly every time I check messages yesterday and now just randomly every 10 minutes or so. maybe with the upside down kingdoms yesterday in another thread they are working on giving us back the ability to view vertically again Now that would be worth all the crashing issues but other stuff not really.

Liloze
06-18-15, 10:11 AM
I opened a theead in bugs and issues about these crashings and losing already done actions.
here's the link, http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82424-Unable-to-access-S8-games/page3
More people post their problems, might force S8 to listen!

Liloze
06-18-15, 10:13 AM
A friend has been having issues with CS for a month or more. Keeps crashing when she visits and she can only tap on a few farmhouses etc.

She needs to post her problems here in the forum, and seek help also from Support !

If my problems continue I will be deleting all of their games ( even if Iam at the highest levels in all of them) and be finished with their indifference to players plights!
Have had enough of their disrespect and just wanting my $$$

PikaSquirrel
06-18-15, 10:59 AM
Is everyone experiencing this issue using wifi to try to connect to the game(s)? Is anyone using data and experiencing this issue as well?

We're currently investigating this. If you are experiencing this and have access to a computer where the wifi issue is occurring, please follow these steps:

For WINDOWS:

1. Open the Command Prompt. You can do this by clicking start->run-> type in "cmd".

2. Highlight and copy the line below:

tracert -w 300 75.98.0.150

3. Right click on your Command Prompt window bar. Go to edit-> paste (hit enter) wait for it to finish, it may take some time.

4. Attach the result on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

5. Send a forum PM to PikaSquirrel with the ticket number.

For MAC:

1. Click on Go > Applications > Utilities > Terminal
This will create a shell window.

2. Copy the line of text below in to the shell window (paste) hit enter (It may take sometime to finish that command.)

traceroute -w 300 75.98.0.150

3. Attach the result on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

Liloze
06-18-15, 11:21 AM
I am using ipad Air and my wifi is working fine.
Deleted BS and reloaded, nothing is fixed.
This problem started yesterday with the update of BS and RS!

Thank you Pika for trying to help, however ( and color me ignorant) , but I really don't know what your post is about!
Don't understand it :o

I access my Wifi through Router given by my Internet Provider, and this router is also working great.
Here's asampler of my Wifi connection

Just editing to add : that actions done prior to the crash are cancelled once I am able to log in after nth tries, and I find myself re-doing them, and sometimes not once but thrice! - I don't want to sound pretentious -but for me it is an indication of synch errors, not wifi!
Thank you again Pika for all the help you could provide, especially at this time, with timed goals :(

ghjvcucjb
06-18-15, 11:30 AM
FYI, all these problems people are now experiencing was happening to me a few months back and I reported it here on the forum. Lasted about three maybe four whole months. I couldn't make anything in my kitchen because the constant looping and do overs. Ran out of meals for adventures for the first time since I started years ago. Everything would go missing out of every crafting building. Game would crash every time I tried to visit neighbors so couldn't visit them which made them think I no longer was even trying to be a good neighbor. The few times I could visit without crashing I couldn't post on anyone's wall. I would type out a message, hit post, everything would freeze, then close out. Then one day it all righted itself. Here's hoping it won't last for moths for everyone as it did me.

Liloze
06-18-15, 11:38 AM
FYI, all these problems people are now experiencing was happening to me a few months back and I reported it here on the forum. Lasted about three maybe four whole months. I couldn't make anything in my kitchen because the constant looping and do overs. Ran out of meals for adventures for the first time since I started years ago. Everything would go missing out of every crafting building. Game would crash every time I tried to visit neighbors so couldn't visit them which made them think I no longer was even trying to be a good neighbor. The few times I could visit without crashing I couldn't post on anyone's wall. I would type out a message, hit post, everything would freeze, then close out. Then one day it all righted itself. Here's hoping it won't last for moths for everyone as it did me.

OMG, so sorry this happened to you as well :(
I commend you on your patience, but as far as I am concerned, if this issue persists for only a week, then Bye Bye S8 games. Will delete them all.

I want to play a game to have fun not to get frustrated, and aggravated.
I mean isn't it what games are for ? !

PikaSquirrel
06-18-15, 11:45 AM
I am using ipad Air and my wifi is working fine.
Deleted BS and reloaded, nothing is fixed.
This problem started yesterday with the update of BS and RS!

Thank you Pika for trying to help, however ( and color me ignorant) , but I really don't know what your post is about!
Don't understand it :o

I access my Wifi through Router given by my Internet Provider, and this router is also working great.
Here's asampler of my Wifi connection

Just editing to add : that actions done prior to the crash are cancelled once I am able to log in after nth tries, and I find myself re-doing them, and sometimes not once but thrice! - I don't want to sound pretentious -but for me it is an indication of synch errors, not wifi!
Thank you again Pika for all the help you could provide, especially at this time, with timed goals :(

The steps need to be done on a computer instead of your mobile device. If you have access to a computer that's using the same WiFi as the device you're experiencing issues with, please go through those steps and send us the requested information by emailing support@storm8.com. Once you submit a ticket, you'll get a ticket number, please PM me that ticket number here. Thanks!

Liloze
06-18-15, 04:10 PM
The steps need to be done on a computer instead of your mobile device. If you have access to a computer that's using the same WiFi as the device you're experiencing issues with, please go through those steps and send us the requested information by emailing support@storm8.com. Once you submit a ticket, you'll get a ticket number, please PM me that ticket number here. Thanks!

Thank you Pika for all the help. :)
I did my Wifi test on my iMac ( using Windows 7) sent the Support Team the results (screen shot) , and PM'ed you the Ticket number.

kyellie
06-18-15, 11:41 PM
Yes thank you for the prompt help. I have also emailed support and PM'd you the ticket number, Thanks again.

Edit: I also wanted to answer your question, Pika. I have never been able to use solely data to access Castle Story, only WiFi, the game has never run using my 4G data, though plenty of my games including other S8 games seem to do just fine over data.

Jir67
06-19-15, 12:19 AM
have you all checked the available memory in your devices? I used to have similar problems if I have only few MB available on my iPhone..

Liloze
06-19-15, 03:42 AM
have you all checked the available memory in your devices? I used to have similar problems if I have only few MB available on my iPhone..

I have ipad Air, and really plenty of memory( 55.9 GB capacity with 35.9 GB available) enough to run CS smoothly in my opinion.
The problems started with Wednesday update for BS and RS for me!
The problem occurs when visiting neighbors and posting on walls,"processing" window shows up, and then Bam I am out! Also when I am collecting, and suddenly I am kicked out of the game, with the annoying notification I need wifi!

So all my last 10 actions are cancelled, like today, I lost gems and energy after collecting from my Queen's Court ! And I have to do it all over again, but of course lucky me, got 10 energy less and no gems ! Really aggravating!:mad:

lonerlexie
06-19-15, 03:06 PM
I'm still having this issue off and one. It seems to work okay in the morning then won't work right when I get home. I don't understand why only some people are having problems. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection.

PikaSquirrel
06-19-15, 03:14 PM
We're still looking into this. If you haven't already, please see below and send us an email!

We're currently investigating this. If you are experiencing this and have access to a computer where the wifi issue is occurring, please follow these steps:

For WINDOWS:

1. Open the Command Prompt. You can do this by clicking start->run-> type in "cmd".

3. Right click on your Command Prompt window bar. Go to edit-> paste (hit enter) wait for it to finish, it may take some time.

4. Attach the result on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

For MAC:

2. Copy the line of text below in to the shell window (paste) hit enter (It may take sometime to finish that command.)

3. Attach the result on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

kyellie
06-20-15, 05:20 PM
*Still* having this issue. I was very briefly able to get on my game yesterday and I was thrilled. But nope, got kicked off and have been unable to access at all today, even from several other WiFi's besides my own that I know to be good (friends house, library, coffee shop). Castle Story continues to be the only game I cannot open on my phone no matter what I do.

PikaSquirrel
06-22-15, 11:15 AM
We're still looking into this. In the meantime, please try restarting your wifi router and also your device to see if this helps.

Please submit a ticket with the requested information above and PM me the ticket number if you are experiencing this issue and have not sent us an email yet. Thank you!

ShibuyaCloth
06-23-15, 12:09 AM
WiFi connection can be tricky, I often have problems with CS. My trick:
1) Force close CS
2) Disable/ENable WiFi
3) Restart game

It doesn't always work, so I switch to 3G connection (WiFi disabled). The I have no issues.

kyellie
06-24-15, 10:53 PM
Nothing seems to work consistently or for any length of time. I have restarted routers, disabled/enabled WiFi, force closed, uninstalled/reinstalled. However I was briefly able to access my game for a few isolated hours over the past couple days before being kicked off again randomly. And not been able to access again for nearly 2 more days. All other games including RS, DS, BS, FS seem to be able to use my WiFi just fine. What does the CS game coding want or need to do with my WiFi or is unable to do that the other games don't?

For reference, I'm on a LG G3 running the lastest Android 5.0 available for my device.

kyellie
07-01-15, 03:09 AM
Well what do you know, the timed event is over, but now my CS seems to work fine after several weeks of spotty or no access via any type of connection. C'mon Storm8! this leaves me feeling very *****ed. I'm not sure what the issue is, certainly wasn't my WiFi. Not the first time a timed event has gone awry because of game loading issues for me either. Hmm

butterfly_25
07-01-15, 04:50 AM
I too have been having this problem for 11 days now. I've tried restarting the app, force closing, restarting my phone, resetting my WiFi, etc. It happens on my android phone AND my iOS device. Other games work fine. I have to turn my WiFi off and play using my Data.

I may have the issue described below so I'm going to try cleaning up space to see if that helps.... Thank you Jir67. Wish me luck..

Ajuty
07-08-15, 11:31 AM
@Pika, are you still working on wifi connection problem?

I have this issue from almost a week on all S8 games. I get notifications but can't open CS or DS
no problem with any not-S8 application

and - not sure if it is important or not - i usually can connect in the morning but can't afternoon and evening. I live in Europe so looks like that i can play your games only when American players are sleeping...

quincylolaloes
07-08-15, 12:35 PM
I have the same problem with fantasy story and home design,yesterday and today. I did try everything,have a lot of space on my ipod 5,did try resets.i deleted fantasy story,and downloaded again.nothing works.i live also in europe,can log in,in the morning,afternoon sometime,but only few minutes.and now(in the evening) i can,t nothing,no connect at all

Lyzau
07-09-15, 01:44 PM
I have not been able to get into the game since the 7/9 update went live. I can get into the game on my Android phone when I turn off wifi, and just let my phone use my providers internet connection. But neither my iPad nor my Android phone will open the game on wifi.
It's the first time I've had this issue. Any suggestions?

meme1098
07-09-15, 02:43 PM
Try clearing your cache. Turn off your wifi connection on the iPad, force close all apps running in the background, then do a hard restart if your device. Maybe also restart your router. Reconnect to your wifi & see if you can then open the game. Hoping that works for you. :D

PikaSquirrel
07-09-15, 06:07 PM
If you have not already, please follow the instructions below and send me a PM after you've sent in a ticket.

Is everyone experiencing this issue using wifi to try to connect to the game(s)? Is anyone using data and experiencing this issue as well?

For WINDOWS:

For MAC:

Lyzau
07-10-15, 05:33 AM
Everything returned to normal after a few hours. I did not do any cache clearing nor restarted the router. I am now playing the game again as usual. I have no idea what happened since all my other apps continued to work as normal on the wifi connection, only CS would not (the animated knight on horse continued forever). I don't know if it is of use to still do a tracert now that the game is working again. Perhaps it was very busy on the S8 server right after the update, and wifi connections had a hard time with that?

PikaSquirrel
07-10-15, 11:45 AM
Everything returned to normal after a few hours. I did not do any cache clearing nor restarted the router. I am now playing the game again as usual. I have no idea what happened since all my other apps continued to work as normal on the wifi connection, only CS would not (the animated knight on horse continued forever). I don't know if it is of use to still do a tracert now that the game is working again. Perhaps it was very busy on the S8 server right after the update, and wifi connections had a hard time with that?

Nope, you won't need to send it to us if you're not experiencing the issue anymore through your wifi. :) If you do seem to experience it again, let us know.

Ajuty
07-10-15, 12:15 PM
I still have this problem, so i send you the ticket number...
thanks

dragonstem
07-10-15, 02:26 PM
I'm playing on an iPad (2005 model so an antique , I know )
I can t visit friends / neighbours
Haven't manged to get a pony ( steed ) or complete the vineyard as I have to delete and reinstall each time , and , well I do have an actual life so can't be bothered
Help please as this is my favourite time waster
:)

dragonstem
07-10-15, 02:27 PM
2010 , not 2005 model

xhuxhmaxhuxh
07-15-15, 06:08 AM
I've also been having this problem off and on for a few weeks. Right now it's working, hope it stays that way...

cyndora
12-31-15, 07:04 PM
was playing earlier today and everything was fine.

took a break and for some reason i cant log on , says i need internet service.?

i am on internet service for all other online apps, my friend is on the ipad now playing his game?

i turned my phone off and on , forced close , tried all the other neat stuff nothing is working?....anyone else in the same boat? any ideas?

kooky panda
12-31-15, 07:23 PM
Make sure you have the most current apple software update for you phone.
Try going to settings-safari-clear out data then restart your phone.

If on wifi try turning off your wifi and then turning back on.

cyndora
12-31-15, 07:24 PM
ok i will try that now, thank you.

cyndora
12-31-15, 07:26 PM
ok that didnt work , cleared data, turned phone off and on again, and everything else is connecting to internet, just not castle story...........my fountain quest !!!!!!! lmao

cyndora
12-31-15, 07:27 PM
should i delete the app and data and reinstall it? will that delete my progress?

cyndora
12-31-15, 07:34 PM
current software is up too date
phone was on and off
everything else connects but castle story
there are no updates in the app store for castle story that i missed
wifi was turned off and on
i have internet service for everything else

can you please go into my game and click on the fountain for me , i need 40 stone and blocks to complete, thanks a bunch

or send me a fix lol

kooky panda
12-31-15, 07:42 PM
current software is up too date
phone was on and off
everything else connects but castle story
there are no updates in the app store for castle story that i missed
wifi was turned off and on
i have internet service for everything else

can you please go into my game and click on the fountain for me , i need 40 stone and blocks to complete, thanks a bunch

or send me a fix lol
I wish I could but you will need to send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

cyndora
12-31-15, 07:42 PM
ok there's something wrong here, castle story is broke for me.....i need a update or something , someone has too click my fountain lol!!!!!!!

cyndora
12-31-15, 07:43 PM
will do.... thank you and happy new year!

kooky panda
12-31-15, 07:45 PM
Happy New Year!

SpiritWind00
12-31-15, 07:57 PM
How much memory do you have on your device? When my game is being particularly temperamental, getting rid of some photos or unused apps can make the difference. It also might be dependent upon the wifi in your area. When more people are online it could mKe a difference (yes, it shouldn't, but it can ;)). Are other devices in the house also hooked up to wifi? If you don't need them to be, turn wifi off of them. When all 4 of us are on, that's when I find the reception the worst, even if a game doesn't require wifi to be on. Once I get the others to turn off wifi, I'm good to go!

Worth a try! :)

cyndora
12-31-15, 08:08 PM
i have the iphone 6 with like a zillion gigs, little photos on it mostly music, but theres plenty of room.

i did send in a report to s8, but my phone just teased me, i saw my kingdom for a split second.... then it went offline again lol

i will keep trying.

thanks for your help spirit!

cyndora
12-31-15, 08:30 PM
its working !!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy new year!!!!!! thanks again for all the advice spirit!

pansylover
12-31-15, 08:37 PM
The last day of the winter cruise in Restaurant Story 2 and I experienced the same problem. Emailed customer support and still waiting for an answer. I wasn't able to complete the cruise (obviously) which means I wasted nine days. I was able to access any game except for every Storm8 game. I found this thread but nothing worked. Did anyone ever figure out what the problem is? I can access the game right now, but same thing happened last night ... For one hour game worked fine but then crashed again. Wasn't able to access the game at all today. I've played these games for over three years and I have no idea why all of a sudden I have issues starting yesterday.

cyndora
12-31-15, 09:51 PM
i just had this issue, i did all the tricks and for some reason the only thing that worked for me was.... i turned my wifi router on and waited 5 minutes and turned it back on.

i think this re-establishes all the connections and for some reason it worked. hope it helps
happy new year!

SpiritWind00
12-31-15, 09:54 PM
I love a happy ending! ;) I'm happy it's working for you again. :):):):):):):)

mreames
01-01-16, 03:41 PM
should i delete the app and data and reinstall it? will that delete my progress?

I see you got it working but to answer your question for future reference, you can delete and reinstall it without losing progress. The data is kept on the server, so you can ignore the warning. I've done this many times on multiple S8 games.

cyndora
01-01-16, 09:14 PM
thanks for that tip mreames

fenixx7
01-02-16, 09:59 AM
My game went down this morning also. Unable to log on to two of storm
Id's games. No issues with my phone either, lots of memory, etc.

apmaig524
01-02-16, 10:07 AM
was playing earlier today and everything was fine.

took a break and for some reason i cant log on , says i need internet service.?

i am on internet service for all other online apps, my friend is on the ipad now playing his game?

i turned my phone off and on , forced close , tried all the other neat stuff nothing is working?....anyone else in the same boat? any ideas?

"Same as you, tried everything but no luck"

kooky panda
01-02-16, 10:28 AM
This issue has been reported. Please also send an email to support@storm8.com to report your issue.

ShibuyaCloth
01-02-16, 10:29 AM
As many are on a break for this new Year, many are playing. Might be a sever overload, I have also very slow response time.

myhsplace
01-02-16, 12:34 PM
all my storm games (and ONLY my storm8 games) are out again and it seems to be becomming a regular occurence now. been between 11am-2pm when they stop working for last 3-4 days and yesterday they were offline from that time till at least 10pm (that was the last time i checked till around midnight when they were working again). definitely a problem on storm8 side and not us users!

**jan 3rd (3:45pm eastern time when went to play), all storm games offline again! IOS player if that matters any.

ShibuyaCloth
01-02-16, 01:15 PM
I have less problems connecting to the game with a mobile connection, with WiFi it can be hectic as well.

cyndora
01-02-16, 01:53 PM
ok yesterday i had log on probs, was on earlier today and again says i need internet connection?????????

there is a glitch for sure

two days in a row cant log on , says internet connection required even though everything else logs in perfectly.

S8 can you please look into this, its only castle story thats effected.

cyndora
01-02-16, 02:05 PM
hi s8, yesterday i experienced a cannot log on message, even though everything else was working fine.

later i was able to get on and play as normal.

today i was on early in the morning. took a break, came back and i am getting the same message again....cant log on need internet service? but everything else connects perfectly.

this is two days in a row , and i know others are experiencing this as well.

can you please look into this and send out a update to fix this.

thanks
cyndora

dawnsdomain71
01-02-16, 03:13 PM
This has been an issue for me for 6 nights in a row (across like 10 different storm8 games for me), usually starting just before midnight Eastern time, and right now it's been like down for 16 hours or so. Seems to be a huge problem, I'm guessing their servers are having issues and I am really hoping they resolve it soon!!

cyndora
01-03-16, 10:20 AM
day three of cant log on , you need internet service......whats going on over there s8? this is getting frustrating.

everything else is on internet, i am using internet to type this...........but your game is broke right now...

debtthomas
01-03-16, 06:28 PM
Team lava I to have been having problems for the last 3 days. I have restarted my router, deleted and reloaded the game and no luck. It keeps happening. I am connected to the Internet castle story is the only game that is not.

liliputlane
01-04-16, 10:35 AM
I also have not been able to log into CS for 2 days. Have done all of the suggestions.. How long does support take usually to answer?

debtthomas
01-05-16, 06:11 PM
I was able to login on 1/4. I can't login today. So over the last week I was able to play 2 days. I don't think they want us to play the game anymore. I give up.

SpiritWind00
01-05-16, 08:10 PM
For those with issues that have emailed support, why don't you try this also.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190375&viewfull=1#post1190375

S8 reported a day or 2 ago that their games are all working as expected.

cyndora
01-06-16, 12:10 AM
This is day 5 of cannot connect, or I am connected and booted out.

There is something wrong with your servers or a glitch got past your quality control team, at any rate , every game on my iPad works fine. ONLY CASTLE STORY... Has this problem. It's just to convenient to say that their games are not experiencing this , yet so many of us are. It at least warrants some more looking into or a fix being worked on.

I just spent some money on this game , now I am having doubts after two years of being very generous with my wallet. I had issues before and s8 was very professional and responded to my emails, gave me help, and restored a long lost game, so I have faith that this can be resolved from your team. But it's very frustrating to say the least when I try to squeeze in some game time , and we have to deal with this constantly.

Please work diligently towards a solution. Thank you

Cyndora.

myhsplace
01-06-16, 10:46 AM
For those with issues that have emailed support, why don't you try this also.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190375&viewfull=1#post1190375

S8 reported a day or 2 ago that their games are all working as expected.
nothing we try on our end is going to fix issue!

S8 must of checked during a time that the games happen to be working, for its not an all day thing when it happens, sometimes games are offline for an hour and sometimes its for quite a few hours at a time!!...am on east coast, using IOS and right now all my storm8 games are once again offline for me...been offline on and off everyday for what a week now, was unable to complete first event in BS2 because of it. for me this suppose nonexistent problem on storm8 side is getting irratable when clearly theres a problem with many of our games on storm8's side since ALL other non-storm8 games work just fine!

liliputlane
01-06-16, 11:11 AM
My game is also offline and I cannot access. I had contacted support 3 days ago it was fixed for a day now I am offline again. No response from support yet!

I have done all of the steps suggested and have sent the tracer info. Been playing for 3 years I would hope the support would be a bit more responsive to so many of us having issues..

cyndora
01-06-16, 12:16 PM
another day another disconnection ....

i think this started ever since you did the xmas stuff because we had alot of issues with decorations moving on their own, also the plots are glitched where they are taking peoples inventory but not rewarding the land. ( loosing connection to server to upload this?)
also visiting neighbors makes it happen, the edit button makes it happen, writing on peoples walls makes it happen, because the sky is blue makes it happen....its just not a solid connection to somewhere if this makes it happen right?

well, time to clean something..............

SpiritWind00
01-06-16, 02:58 PM
I'll log another report... I'm so sorry you are having problems with castle. I wish I could help you more.

cyndora
01-06-16, 05:44 PM
thanks spirit. we know its not you, and you have been most helpful .we are just letting you guys know here on the forums, as well as tickets put in. i think we just like the game so much , and its frustrating when we cant tap away lol