PDA

View Full Version : Ivys bakery. Is it worth the 200 gems?

queenaleecia
06-13-15, 05:44 AM
Is it worth the gems? I don't have many and don't want to waste them unnecessarily.

ShibuyaCloth
06-13-15, 06:19 AM
Except the Skunk based dishes, I have no use for the drops. But I like the building, so I bought it :D

reliquary
06-14-15, 11:56 PM
No, I bought it and it is a waste of gems...don't bother.

mreames
06-15-15, 12:37 AM
Is it worth the gems? I don't have many and don't want to waste them unnecessarily.

It totally depends on your current situation and what you want out of it. I bought it as a long term investment, not for Immeditate gratification. If you're buying it just to try to get 35 gems from the trade and goal, then no, probably not.
Frankly I like the fact that it can drop silver platters and other things but I don't have all of these things fully stocked up in my inventory like some do.

SpiritWind00
06-15-15, 02:11 AM
I agree with mreams. I think in the long term it will be a good investment like other gem resources. There must be a reason for the drops that it gives for future story lines or what is the point of it! I also bought it (well, the collector in me couldn't help it!) and I'm glad I did. I've had 2 pies drop in the last 3 collections and also one from Ivy's Hut.

Like all gem resource items, it is not necessary to have, but gives you a helping hand in your game.

Well, that's my 2 cents! ;)

robotparade
06-15-15, 05:52 PM
I bought it because I liked the appearance a lot. A big part of the fun of the game for me is thinking about what goes where and how it looks.

I really like the drops, too. I've had things drop like cake, which is useful for me.

So for me it's worth it!

Anaboe
06-17-15, 05:41 AM
I'm (almost) maxed out on everything exept the Skunkupies, so I don't like it for that. It IS gonna help me on the Boaring Problem-goal and if I had it a lot sooner it would have helped me with the Fortune which required a skunkupie (now skipped for 5 gems), but I regret buying it.

So, like stated above, it all depends on your style of playing :)

cccymaaa
06-17-15, 06:37 AM
I regret buying it, since after five collection, I have yet to receive a single skunkupie...

mreames
06-17-15, 07:54 AM
I had it drop 2 platters last night so I imagine at some point it could be capable of dropping 2 skunkupies, also.
I'm always needing platters so they are actually more valuable to me than skunkupies, at the moment. But I imagine a year from now I'll have filled my inventory with skunkupies. Lol

Anaboe
06-17-15, 09:17 AM
Whish there was a building that dropped chocolate! I would have 10 of them!!! :D

dipwid
07-27-15, 04:10 PM
Would you buy Ivy's bakery or Ivy's fortune tent?

burritosprings
07-27-15, 04:16 PM
hmm tahts a good question.. Bakery if you need its content now.. Fortune Tent is if you need its many fortune content later

mikado86
07-27-15, 04:17 PM
depends, in the long run its worth it, the dishes you get are helpful for adventures and youll eventually get your gems back from there, do you need it? no, of course not, you dont even need the wizard school or barracks, theres more important things to buy, but if you have most of the gems worthy things on the market id buy it

mityaj
07-27-15, 04:43 PM
I find it useful for occasional drop of cake slices: helps with Fairy adventures.

dragonspearls
07-27-15, 05:05 PM
I have not regretted getting it. Skunkupies aside (hopefully I'll get to use them eventually), I get all sorts of useful items, such as Ivy's Hot Sauce.

arikasi
07-27-15, 05:52 PM
Any building that drops things that help with sweet feasts and Across the Desert sands is a good investment in my kingdom. Since that adventure gives the best returns.

I would buy a second one if I could. I felt 200 gems was just the right price. (Still wishing for that second bakery but at 750 gems at Christmas time, was out of my reach, maybe if it returns to the market)

But if you aren't sweet item, kitchen-strapped then its probably not worth it for you.

DragonWished
07-28-15, 07:12 AM
I bought both relatively recently (within a month of each other) and am finding the bakery far more useful in terms of output. I have only had four fortunes so far and the bakery has dropped a myriad of goodies.

29vanilla
07-28-15, 08:53 PM
depends, in the long run its worth it, the dishes you get are helpful for adventures and youll eventually get your gems back from there, do you need it? no, of course not, you dont even need the wizard school or barracks, theres more important things to buy, but if you have most of the gems worthy things on the market id buy it

Just curious about your comment "more important things to buy". I'm ready to spend some before I accidently hit a gem trap again. I bought Ivys Bakery during the goal so got the discount. I've been pretty happy with my purchase. It helped that I like the look of it too.

matrixkitten
07-28-15, 10:27 PM
I've been happy with my bakery. The extra food drops, in addition to skunkupies, has really helped me out. However, I'm level 29, so not anywhere near maxed out on food items like more advanced players. Also, I got it during goal, so my purchase was discounted. Not sure if I would have purchased it at full price. I may have gone for Harvest Pergola instead.

CLOVERKAITO
07-29-15, 07:03 PM
The gems are better spent on her bakery than gem traps... Hence I bought some gems (~$1.30 worth) to complete that goal on time back then :)

mikado86
07-30-15, 10:56 AM
Just curious about your comment "more important things to buy". I'm ready to spend some before I accidently hit a gem trap again. I bought Ivys Bakery during the goal so got the discount. I've been pretty happy with my purchase. It helped that I like the look of it too.

Id only put the wizard schools on the "more important" list, the barrack is cool too, but last time I checked it was like 500 gems

BungoCook
07-30-15, 03:59 PM
Yes worth it for me as I never seem to have enough to make cake and this drops from the bakery. Lol can never have too much cake!
Seriously though it means can concentrate on using my chocolate for sweet feasts and make the odd fairy goodie bag to go on the odd plume hive adventure when there's enough cake.

jbfps116
07-31-15, 04:29 AM
I think Ivy's bakery is so much better than her tent... I want to amass buildings that drop food so I don't need to cook so much :)
The only reason I really liked the tent was I got 2 rainbow pots!!

ladyperidot
08-02-15, 07:41 PM
I'm happy. It's given me cake, skunkupies and silver platters. Given that the fairies are draining my silver, it's nice to get the platters

midgetsocks
08-07-15, 09:52 AM
Ha! Mine just dropped a skunk pie and a silver platter! Lottery!
I think yesterday I got a syrup and...yeah that was it.

MsMelanieMonster
09-08-15, 12:33 PM
Would you buy Ivy's bakery or Ivy's fortune...
One of the fortunes can give a bunch of fruit (never finish chopping dead wood) and that would've been really helpful in the beginning. At this point the fortunes are better for something to do but earlier on the rewards would've been helpful.
Id get the tent and then get the bakery if I could do it again (after red trillium, possible apple tree