PDA

View Full Version : Change in Breeding Rules or Bug 2? (Black Hybrids)

knj00
06-12-15, 06:32 AM
I posted back in December about the Zodiac type not giving the correct types (Yellow/Black) when bred with Diamond and Zodiac (it was only giving Blue/Purple).

I was told later by a mod who checked with TL staff that it had been fixed. I believed this was correct because yellow started showing up again (black is more difficult so I wasn't surprised I didn't get one that day) and why say it if it wasn't true.

Here it is now 6 months later and the Zodiac type is still not giving the Black type when bred with Diamond or another Zodiac type. Zodiac is only giving Yellow and Blue/Purple no Black at all like it used to.

So, I'm posting again to ask Please let us know is this an intended change or a bug? This is an important breeding rule that some players take into consideration when deciding what they want to breed so if this is an intended change we should be told.

Thanks

kooky panda
06-12-15, 10:29 AM
Knj00- I will check on this.

knj00
06-12-15, 10:40 AM
Knj00- I will check on this.

Thanks Kooky

jim23cash
06-12-15, 10:56 AM
While I was trying for Black Diamond, I bred black and Diamond together, and usually got blue, purple, or blue and purple. Black is one that splits easily. Diamond CAN be anything. Black is hard to get from something splitting.
Just my experience. Hope it's helpful.

knj00
06-12-15, 11:19 AM
While I was trying for Black Diamond, I bred black and Diamond together, and usually got blue, purple, or blue and purple. Black is one that splits easily. Diamond CAN be anything. Black is hard to get from something splitting.
Just my experience. Hope it's helpful.

I know the Black type can be hard to get that is why back in December when they said it was fixed I didn't question it. However, this has been tested extensively since then (6 months) and the Black type is not being produced from this combination when it should.

I don't post about these things here unless I'm absolutely sure because I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Thanks though :)

PrincessCouture2014
06-12-15, 11:55 AM
6 months and not a single black that surely is strange.

Kennedward
06-12-15, 08:08 PM
I easily got Night, the black type dragon you were talking about, maybe it's luck more so than anything else

knj00
06-13-15, 02:34 AM
I easily got Night, the black type dragon you were talking about, maybe it's luck more so than anything else

You got a Night Dragon recently by breeding Diamond with Leo?

I know getting the Night Dragon is not difficult, what I'm saying is it's not being produced from the Zodiac type like it should be.

dangerb0y
06-13-15, 09:20 AM
I have 2 accounts that I have bred diamond/zodiac exclusively for a couple of weeks with no black dragon produced. I thought it was just bad luck.

Kennedward
06-13-15, 01:00 PM
You got a Night Dragon recently by breeding Diamond with Leo?

I know getting the Night Dragon is not difficult, what I'm saying is it's not being produced from the Zodiac type like it should be.

Yea it was Diamond and Leo that resulted in Night

knj00
06-13-15, 04:08 PM
Yea it was Diamond and Leo that resulted in Night

It must have been a while ago then because it stopped giving the Black type over 6 months ago. When the Zodiac type was first released it did split correctly (and for a while after) but now it does not. Feel free to test it, myself and others have been for a while now.

bakerystoe
06-14-15, 12:28 AM
I Usually breed light and some other types like Light and fairy and it's split just yellow and green? why??? I think Air and Light is the dragon that spit that 2 types dragon:(

Kennedward
06-14-15, 12:26 PM
It must have been a while ago then because it stopped giving the Black type over 6 months ago. When the Zodiac type was first released it did split correctly (and for a while after) but now it does not. Feel free to test it, myself and others have been for a while now.

I'm currently breeding for Helios and Diamond Prism so I won't be able to test it, especially because Black is 23 hrs, plus I don't really need any other fails that results from Diamond and Leo, anyways, keep asking and TL should reply soon

TN_MOM
06-14-15, 07:35 PM
I have been breeding Diamond and Leo for a while now and have never gotten any dragons with black but I have gotten every other color in the mix. I am starting to believe that trying to get Astromancer is a waste of time until the types are fixed.

kjbrogren
06-14-15, 10:52 PM
I have been trying to breed for a Leo for the last few weeks on and off. I have not gotten any dragons with black from breeding Air&Night/Shadow, Forest & Night/Shadow, and Fire & Night/Shadow. Maybe that is why I cant breed a Leo or any other black dragon..idk maybe its just strange coincidence... I have a 2 other nbrs trying for Leo also and they can't get it either.

rasike
06-15-15, 03:31 AM
Knj00, thank you very much for telling this! I used combo Leo x Diamond 40 times since release of Emberglow, hoping to get it, Black Diamond and Dark Angel, but I did not get a single night dragon. I am afraid you are right, and to get Black Diamond and Dark Angel is not possible with this combo too.
Here are my breeding results:
Leo x Diamond
Mist 7
Air 6
Coral 6
Genie 4
Magic 4
Water 3
March Mayhem 2
Iridescent 1
Seer 1
Cosmos 1
Taurus 1
Aries 1
Leo 1
Social 1
Mercury 1

Annica5
06-15-15, 06:41 AM
I have been breeding Diamond and Leo for a while now and have never gotten any dragons with black but I have gotten every other color in the mix. I am starting to believe that trying to get Astromancer is a waste of time until the types are fixed.

I did get Astromancer a while back with Leo and Diamond but no Night and no Bat ( still missing that one )

knj00
06-15-15, 07:21 AM

Yes, as Annica5 said above it is still possible to get Astromancer from this combo, the Black type missing does not effect this outcome.

@kjbrogren: Not being able to breed Leo has nothing to do with this problem. This is strictly an issue with what the Zodiac type is giving when used as a breeding parent. That being said I wish you lots of luck with your Leo attempts, it can be really hard to get (getting a minor type from a minor type... total pain). :)

@rasike: No problem, that is why I brought it up here. Many people will use this combo trying to get a Black type dragon but currently with it not behaving how is should (or at least how it always has) they are trying and wasting time and gems on a combo that will never work. Currently you can not get Emberglow, Black Diamond, Dark Angel or any Black type from this combo.

This is why I would like to know if this issue was overlooked and will now be fixed or if this is an intended change. If this is how the Zodiac type will work from now on we should at least be told. Since purposely changing how a type works a year or more after it's release without giving any info on it is misleading IMO. We should at least get some confirmation so we know once and for all.

rasike
06-15-15, 08:17 AM
This is why I would like to know if this issue was overlooked and will now be fixed or if this is an intended change. If this is how the Zodiac type will work from now on we should at least be told. Since purposely changing how a type works a year or more after it's release without giving any info on it is misleading IMO. We should at least get some confirmation so we know once and for all.
I totally agree.

kooky panda
06-16-15, 10:34 AM
I received some information:

Zodiac's colors were corrected last year to be Yellow/Black, which is the intended color split for Zodiac type. They have not made any additional changes to Zodiac's breeding rules since that update.

Word from Design team is that the current results are intended.

Kennedward
06-16-15, 11:11 AM
I received some information:

Zodiac's colors were corrected last year to be Yellow/Black, which is the intended color split for Zodiac type. They have not made any additional changes to Zodiac's breeding rules since that update.

Word from Design team is that the current results are intended.

So it's intended for them to breed it without getting night, actually not a bad choice, at least you won't deal with 23 hours fail time, and night is pretty much a primary color dragon

redstar177
06-16-15, 07:21 PM
So it's intended for them to breed it without getting night, actually not a bad choice, at least you won't deal with 23 hours fail time, and night is pretty much a primary color dragon

I disagree, actually. I would much rather if black were still a possibility. As it currently is, we can no longer get NightElf, BAt, Emberglow, Dark Angel, or Black Diamond as fails. It feels wrong that Black is no longer a possibility in the pool, considering that the contributing types to Zodiac are Black and Yellow.

Kennedward
06-16-15, 08:28 PM
I disagree, actually. I would much rather if black were still a possibility. As it currently is, we can no longer get NightElf, BAt, Emberglow, Dark Angel, or Black Diamond as fails. It feels wrong that Black is no longer a possibility in the pool, considering that the contributing types to Zodiac are Black and Yellow.

Kooky just said no Night is intended, but not about the others, so I wonder if those you named are still possible.

redstar177
06-17-15, 06:29 AM
Kooky just said no Night is intended, but not about the others, so I wonder if those you named are still possible.

I think the new breeding rule excludes all black dragons. Basically, they're saying that although Zodiac is composed of black/yellow, when you breed with it, Black will always break down into blue/purple. Which effectively means that you can only get Zodiac, Blue, Purple, and Yellow hybrids if you breed a Zodiac + Diamond.

Kooky, can you clarify that we are intrepreting this change in the breeding rule correctly? No black dragons (hybrids or pure) can result from Zodiac + Diamond?

Kennedward
06-17-15, 06:33 AM
I think the new breeding rule excludes all black dragons. Basically, they're saying that although Zodiac is composed of black/yellow, when you breed with it, Black will always break down into blue/purple. Which effectively means that you can only get Zodiac, Blue, Purple, and Yellow hybrids if you breed a Zodiac + Diamond.

Kooky, can you clarify that we are intrepreting this change in the breeding rule correctly? No black dragons (hybrids or pure) can result from Zodiac + Diamond?

Kooky said that "Word from Design team is that the current results are intended."

And since other players saying they cannot get Night, that's why I think that's what Kooky meant, but I think we all need him to be a little more specific

kooky panda
06-17-15, 11:04 AM

I will try and get more specific info!

knj00
06-18-15, 04:51 PM
redstar177 is correct on how this type works now. This excludes all Black types from the breeding pool when breeding Zodiac/Diamond.

Thanks for getting an answer on this from TL staff Kooky. I'm not happy about the change but I am glad to know it's intended.... although I wish I had not spent months testing this just to figure it out (communication with players has never been a strong point for TL though). >_< lol

Kennedward
06-18-15, 05:10 PM
So this means the only Diamond hybrids that can result from breeding Zodiac and Diamond are Gold and Astromancer, to get Dark Angel or Black Diamond you'll need to breed Diamond and Night

knj00
06-18-15, 05:56 PM
So this means the only Diamond hybrids that can result from breeding Zodiac and Diamond are Gold and Astromancer, to get Dark Angel or Black Diamond you'll need to breed Diamond and Night

Due to this change you can only get Gold, Mercury, Anubis and Astromancer from Diamond/Zodiac. So, yes to get Dark Angel or Black Diamond you must breed Diamond/Black.

Kennedward
06-18-15, 08:14 PM
Due to this change you can only get Gold, Mercury, Anubis and Astromancer from Diamond/Zodiac. So, yes to get Dark Angel or Black Diamond you must breed Diamond/Black.

Oh yeah, forgot about those, but I was more emphasizing the Black diamond hybrids

rasike
06-19-15, 04:46 AM

I'm with you redstar177. It's such a pity we can not get black when breeding Zodiac type dragon with Diamond! :( It's sad that we had to find out that ourselves, wasting our time and gold :(

Kennedward
06-19-15, 06:33 AM
Luckily I already bred my Dark Angel, Black Diamond, and Astromancer before the change was made

dangerb0y
06-19-15, 09:12 AM
Is this true also with Diamond and Champion types?

I have noticed that my breeding results have been less than spectacular there as well.

Edit: I have been breeding with Rainbow Sentinal

freshfunin2008
06-19-15, 09:49 AM
Where can I find this "List" of rules? Thanks all

mbyte68
06-19-15, 10:37 AM

got night elf the other week

knj00
06-19-15, 10:51 AM
Is this true also with Diamond and Champion types?

I have noticed that my breeding results have been less than spectacular there as well.

Edit: I have been breeding with Rainbow Sentinal

Kinda surprised someone else brought this up but Yes, this is true for the Champion type as well. You can no longer get Black types when breeding Diamond/Champion, only Red, Blue, Purple and Diamond types.

I was going to bring this up after I found out about the Zodiac type since it changed at the same time. After hearing that the Zodiac type change was intended though I assumed the change in Champion was also intended.

knj00
06-19-15, 10:54 AM
got night elf the other week

There is no way you got Night Elf by breeding Diamond/Zodiac any time in the last few months since it's impossible with the way the type is breaking down now. Perhaps you got Night Elf with a different combo...

mayday2001
12-29-15, 01:06 AM
Can someone from storm 8 please confirm? Kooky or Elsa? Is it possible to breed black hybrid with champion and diamond? I can't find any confirmation here. Thank you!

DeeDe99
12-29-15, 01:33 AM
There really does need to be clear OFFICIAL reference material for breeding rules.

groovyedwin
12-29-15, 01:36 PM
Breeding is always as expected when there is no official reference material.

DeeDe99
12-29-15, 02:09 PM
Breeding is always as expected when there is no official reference material.

How can it be expected to be anything when there is no official reference material? Sorry, that statement just confused me even more than this thread does! :confused: :o

Jackiesq
12-30-15, 05:49 AM
S8, can you plaese help us with this question? We are still waiting...

kooky panda
12-30-15, 09:07 AM
I am checking on this breeding question. There has been limited staff on due to the holidays.

random59
12-30-15, 01:33 PM
I am checking on this breeding question. There has been limited staff on due to the holidays.

Excellant and thank-you Kooky. Hope you and the team have a Happy New Year!:)

mayday2001
12-31-15, 02:44 PM

Thanks kooky!! And happy new year to you

mayday2001
01-04-16, 06:44 PM
Thanks kooky!! And happy new year to you

Any news on this?

kooky panda
01-04-16, 07:20 PM
Any news on this?
Staff is playing catch up after the holidays. Hopefully I will have some information to share shortly.

Jackiesq
01-07-16, 09:41 AM
I hope too Kooky, question is unanswered since june...

groovyedwin
01-07-16, 11:04 PM
How can it be expected to be anything when there is no official reference material? Sorry, that statement just confused me even more than this thread does! :confused: :o

A while ago I submitted an issue with breeding because I was getting infinity dragons by breeding a diamond or infinity with a single color non-diamond type dragon (black, pink, yellow). The "official" reply was that this breeding result is as expected. This is why I have 25 infinity dragons from breeding a diamond or infinity dragon with a single color non-diamond type dragon.

DeeDe99
01-07-16, 11:10 PM
GroovyEdwin, wasn't that ultimately acknowledged to be a "glitch"? I see reference to "the Infinity glitch" here, there and everywhere! It is like a landmark in DS history - things happened before the Infinity glitch, or after!

groovyedwin
01-07-16, 11:19 PM
GroovyEdwin, wasn't that ultimately acknowledged to be a "glitch"? I see reference to "the Infinity glitch" here, there and everywhere! It is like a landmark in DS history - things happened before the Infinity glitch, or after!

Can't be a glitch I have two emails that are archived from the development team indicating the results were as expected.

DeeDe99
01-12-16, 06:16 PM
Is there any resolution to this yet? I'm not using Champions to breed until an answer is forthcoming.

kooky panda
01-12-16, 07:46 PM
I posted back in December about the Zodiac type not giving the correct types (Yellow/Black) when bred with Diamond and Zodiac (it was only giving Blue/Purple).

I was told later by a mod who checked with TL staff that it had been fixed. I believed this was correct because yellow started showing up again (black is more difficult so I wasn't surprised I didn't get one that day) and why say it if it wasn't true.

Here it is now 6 months later and the Zodiac type is still not giving the Black type when bred with Diamond or another Zodiac type. Zodiac is only giving Yellow and Blue/Purple no Black at all like it used to.

So, I'm posting again to ask Please let us know is this an intended change or a bug? This is an important breeding rule that some players take into consideration when deciding what they want to breed so if this is an intended change we should be told.

Thanks
Sorry for the late response.

The Zodiac breeding is a bug and still being worked on. Zodiac x Diamond is always splitting black.

kooky panda
01-12-16, 07:49 PM
Kinda surprised someone else brought this up but Yes, this is true for the Champion type as well. You can no longer get Black types when breeding Diamond/Champion, only Red, Blue, Purple and Diamond types.

I was going to bring this up after I found out about the Zodiac type since it changed at the same time. After hearing that the Zodiac type change was intended though I assumed the change in Champion was also intended.

I am checking on this one.

DeeDe99
01-12-16, 08:04 PM
Thank you so much Kooky! :)

redstar177
01-12-16, 08:34 PM

The Zodiac breeding is a bug and still being worked on. Zodiac x Diamond is always splitting black.

Boy I'm sure glad someone resurfaced this thread. If it's truly a known bug, they've been "working on" this for half a year!

irishbaker3
01-13-16, 06:26 AM

Does this have any effect on getting Astromancer? I have been trying for 7 months now straight and have not gotten this dragon. For the last 7 months I wasnt even getting any other type of zodiac when brreding diamond and Leo until last week. Now I have been randomly getting zodiacs.

kooky panda
01-13-16, 11:09 AM

The Champion breeding is also a bug and still being worked on.
Sorry!

MaribouMay
01-13-16, 02:05 PM
Sorry!

Thank you Kooky for staying on this.

For clarity, I have 3 questions.
1. Bug means that black will always split meaning there will never be a black dragon bred from either a champ or zodiac pairing?
2. That also means that the developers are working on correcting this bug?
3. Do we have a timeline for this bug repair?

redstar177
01-13-16, 06:09 PM
Sorry!

Can you please update us in this thread when the bug is fixed for both Zodiac and Champion?

kooky panda
01-14-16, 10:56 AM
I will pass on information as it comes my way! :)

Jackiesq
01-14-16, 11:00 AM
Thx Kooky.
I hope they will fix it soon.

jagarjag
01-14-16, 04:59 PM
Makes me wonder: how many more bugs are circulating in the game? Yes Neon: I am thinking of YOU!! and Divine too...I have been trying for a Neon and Divine for more than 6 months now...maybe my luck in breeding is not that bad after all....may be there is a bug there too!!

Jokes aside...I can't help thinking about these bugs...I mean.. these Zodiac and Champ bugs were only discovered thanks to 2 very vigilant and self-confident players...most of us would probably have blamed on bad luck and moved on..and this problem would never have been known...

While we are at it, has any one actually been able to breed a neon or a divine in the last few months??

Jackiesq
01-15-16, 12:56 AM
While we are at it, has any one actually been able to breed a neon or a divine in the last few months??

Maybe something for a new item?
I see players posting they got divine and neon in november and december. So that isn't a bug.
I hope you'll get them soon...

Simdiva
01-15-16, 06:27 AM
Makes me wonder: how many more bugs are circulating in the game? Yes Neon: I am thinking of YOU!! and Divine too...I have been trying for a Neon and Divine for more than 6 months now...maybe my luck in breeding is not that bad after all....may be there is a bug there too!!

Jokes aside...I can't help thinking about these bugs...I mean.. these Zodiac and Champ bugs were only discovered thanks to 2 very vigilant and self-confident players...most of us would probably have blamed on bad luck and moved on..and this problem would never have been known...

I bred a divine a few months back, maybe three or four she is a great fighter for me.

TwiWoods
02-07-16, 07:49 PM
Has this been resolved? We currently need 2 small onyx gems for the current Tales and a bug regarding breeding black hybrids is terrible! Its hard enough breeding a certain dragon, but trying to breed one when an unknown bug will never let that happen is worse!

Clark_Wayne
02-07-16, 08:04 PM
my baby account needed a 2nd small black gem, so i put lotus (or was it night ? ) with azurite in the Den yesterday and got 1 night :)
that i will trade for the 2nd small black gem
my advice : put 2 dragons that have black. better chance that at least 1 is not going to split

TwiWoods
02-07-16, 08:37 PM
my baby account needed a 2nd small black gem, so i put lotus (or was it night ? ) with azurite in the Den yesterday and got 1 night :)
that i will trade for the 2nd small black gem
my advice : put 2 dragons that have black. better chance that at least 1 is not going to split

Thanks for the tip, but that is the combo I've been using for Deep Freeze with no luck on Deep Freeze or black type fails. I was looking for one that had more chances for a black type, but don't want to waste my time if there is a bug. My breeding luck is slim to none - never bred a Diamond and very few limited ones.

Clark_Wayne
02-07-16, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the tip, but that is the combo I've been using for Deep Freeze with no luck on Deep Freeze or black type fails. I was looking for one that had more chances for a black type, but don't want to waste my time if there is a bug. My breeding luck is slim to none - never bred a Diamond and very few limited ones.

i understand you : my main account got almost no new dragons . like when you reach a point, your chance to breed something limited or new falls to Zero ! most of my good breedings come from my baby account

Jackiesq
04-18-16, 05:54 AM
Kooky will you ask the team if they still working on the bug or that it's intented?
I don't like it ofcourse, but I can understand why they choose to let them split in blue/purple+red or yellow and not in black.
If we know it's not a bug, we can close this item and everyone knows what the rule is...

TwiWoods
05-18-16, 08:25 AM
Is this issue still open? I'm very confused on breeding for black hybrids using champion or zodiac types. Are black hybrids possible or does black split to blue/purple every time? If champion and zodiac are hidden black types, shouldn't black hybrids be possible? This question doesn't ever seem to be answered. I have been trying for Valiant and while not getting Valiant, I have not breed any black hybrids either. My breeding luck is about a 1 on a scale of 10, so it could be just my island's curse.

Is this bug still an open issue or has it been corrected?

Hopefully, S8 staff have recovered from the holidays to be able to address this almost year-old issue.

MaribouMay
05-18-16, 09:01 AM
Is this issue still open? I'm very confused on breeding for black hybrids using champion or zodiac types. Are black hybrids possible or does black split to blue/purple every time? If champion and zodiac are hidden black types, shouldn't black hybrids be possible? This question doesn't ever seem to be answered. I have been trying for Valiant and while not getting Valiant, I have not breed any black hybrids either. My breeding luck is about a 1 on a scale of 10, so it could be just my island's curse.

Is this bug still an open issue or has it been corrected?

Hopefully, S8 staff have recovered from the holidays to be able to address this almost year-old issue.

When Valiant came out many bred champs with diamond and got black hybrids. I was watching and asking in the Valiant thread specifically on this question.

I don't think we know whether the "bug" is fixed for zodiac or if it is intentional. Clarity on that would still be helpful.

Jackiesq
05-18-16, 09:34 AM
When Valiant came out many bred champs with diamond and got black hybrids. I was watching and asking in the Valiant thread specifically on this question.

I don't think we know whether the "bug" is fixed for zodiac or if it is intentional. Clarity on that would still be helpful.
No bug fixed! The blacks you talk about didn't came from the Champion. The people I heard bred a black type used a Champion dragon x a Diamond/Black dragon... so the black didn't came from the Champion...

kooky panda
05-18-16, 10:23 AM
Thank you Kooky for staying on this.

For clarity, I have 3 questions.
1. Bug means that black will always split meaning there will never be a black dragon bred from either a champ or zodiac pairing?
2. That also means that the developers are working on correcting this bug?
3. Do we have a timeline for this bug repair?

Hey guys, I did check the status on this. Not good news, but I wanted to keep you guys posted:

1. My understanding of it, yes. Black will always split in those instances.
2. Yes, eventually, but not currently.
3. Sorry! No timeline as to when there will be time and resources to investigate this further. :(

jagarjag
05-18-16, 12:58 PM
Hey guys, I did check the status on this. Not good news, but I wanted to keep you guys posted:

1. My understanding of it, yes. Black will always split in those instances.
2. Yes, eventually, but not currently.
3. Sorry! No timeline as to when there will be time and resources to investigate this further. :(

Thank you kooky for checking this out. I had my suspicions but it is always better to have an official answer. Now we know it, we can plan breeding accordingly. Just makes me wonder : how many more bugs are circulating in the game; that we don't know of and blame on our bad breeding luck!!

TwiWoods
05-18-16, 04:39 PM
Thank you Kooky for checking on this.

Just for my clarification, in order to breed a black hybrid, do I need both parents with black since black always splits? So, 2 splits become one whole? I am so confused about minor types and splitting. Like for Hunter, do I have to have 2 black/ green already? Or use 2 dragons with purple/blue and green? No wonder my breeding is so bad if I'm not even using the right dragons to breed! :confused:

Is there a thread that explains this splitting and breeding rules?

kooky panda
05-18-16, 04:52 PM

Just for my clarification, in order to breed a black hybrid, do I need both parents with black since black always splits? So, 2 splits become one whole? I am so confused about minor types and splitting. Like for Hunter, do I have to have 2 black/ green already? Or use 2 dragons with purple/blue and green? No wonder my breeding is so bad if I'm not even using the right dragons to breed! :confused:

I am totally confused on this too! The only thread I know of is here (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?58217-What-is-quot-hidden-color-quot&p=733702&viewfull=1#post733702). I am sure it needs some updating. Maybe one of our experts can take a look and provide any updates to the thread???

[S8] Elsa
05-18-16, 05:22 PM

It's real complicated, but I'll try to help.

My understanding of it is Black behaves normally except in the cases of special colors that contain Black like Champion/Zodiac when crossed with Diamond. So Zodiac x Diamond will always split Black and Champion x Diamond will always split black.

Example: Champion is Champion, but also Black and Red, but also Black is Purple and Blue. So against Diamond, it for whatever reason says you're actually Purple, Blue, Red crossing with Diamond. So you can't get Black/Diamond as a result when you breed those colors.

TwiWoods
05-18-16, 05:33 PM
Thanks, Kooky. I remember that thread from when I first started and bred my zodiacs. Forgot about it and have a hard time searching for older posts. (proud of myself for finding this one!!) lol

I was able to get Siamese, but only after I used Archangel and Flametail (who share same colors). No luck with Neon (which I don't have dupe parent colors for)

I'll do some experimenting and will try to keep track of breeding pairs on this black split issue. I've never tracked before because I didn't want to get discouraged by too many fails :p

TwiWoods
05-18-16, 05:41 PM
Elsa;1297188']It's real complicated, but I'll try to help.

My understanding of it is Black behaves normally except in the cases of special colors that contain Black like Champion/Zodiac when crossed with Diamond. So Zodiac x Diamond will always split Black and Champion x Diamond will always split black.

Example: Champion is Champion, but also Black and Red, but also Black is Purple and Red. So against Diamond, it for whatever reason says you're actually Purple, Blue, Red crossing with Diamond. So you can't get Black/Diamond as a result when you breed those colors.

Thanks for answering! Yes, it is complicated! But using this as the rule or guideline, I can better plan my breeding.

Jackiesq
05-19-16, 02:23 AM
Thx for the answers!

deltared
05-19-16, 08:05 AM
Elsa;1297188']
...but also Black is Purple and Red.

With an already complex issue, some might be even more confused with this statement because doesn't Black = Purple and Blue. :confused::)

Or am I missing something?

zyfazix
05-19-16, 08:46 AM
With an already complex issue, some might be even more confused with this statement because doesn't Black = Purple and Blue. :confused::)

Or am I missing something?

I think that was a typo because the thing Elsa said after that sounds correct. I had no idea about Champion components splitting that far. Would've been nice to have a chance at getting Black/Diamond hybrids while trying for Valiant

TwiWoods
05-19-16, 09:05 AM
I think that was a typo because the thing Elsa said after that sounds correct. I had no idea about Champion components splitting that far. Would've been nice to have a chance at getting Black/Diamond hybrids while trying for Valiant

I agree about the splitting - From what I took from Elsa's post -
Even though Champion's hidden colors are black and red, for breeding purposes, it splits to purple, blue and red, not black at all -- not ever.
Same goes for Zodiac- hidden colors are black/yellow, but when bred split to purple,blue and yellow. (Which explains all my mist fails with breeding with Leo) and why black hybrids are not possible without another black in the den.

Was hoping this was a bug, but looks like it is 'as intended' and planned that way. Disappointing, but at least we got clarification and I won't keep trying for results that can't ever happen.

[S8] Elsa
05-19-16, 09:32 AM
I agree about the splitting - From what I took from Elsa's post -
Even though Champion's hidden colors are black and red, for breeding purposes, it splits to purple, blue and red, not black at all -- not ever.
Same goes for Zodiac- hidden colors are black/yellow, but when bred split to purple,blue and yellow. (Which explains all my mist fails with breeding with Leo) and why black hybrids are not possible without another black in the den.

Was hoping this was a bug, but looks like it is 'as intended' and planned that way. Disappointing, but at least we got clarification and I won't keep trying for results that can't ever happen.

I corrected the color from red to blue in my og post.

When I brought it up when it was originally reported, it was shared with me that it is a bug. There may be some discrepancy between the intended function versus the actual function (i.e. special colors interfering with outcome if another split color is involved). It's been shared, but there may not be time to investigate it for a while.

TwiWoods
05-19-16, 02:22 PM
Elsa, thank you for your attention and communication on this issue. I can be patient, it took 2.5 years to breed a Diamond, I can wait a bit more before trying for black hybrids with it and my champions! :)

starship412
08-01-16, 03:35 PM
Since February I haven't been able to breed a dragon that had black as an element. Everytime I put a black hybrid in the breeding den it automatically splits into blue and purple and just to add to the disappointment, I've bred a parade of Corals. I understand Coral is a common dragon and will show up a lot but black breaking down for the last 6 months is crazy when in the three months before that I couldn't stop breeding black hybrids. Is there anything that could be done about that?

random59
08-01-16, 04:03 PM
Since February I haven't been able to breed a dragon that had black as an element. Everytime I put a black hybrid in the breeding den it automatically splits into blue and purple and just to add to the disappointment, I've bred a parade of Corals. I understand Coral is a common dragon and will show up a lot but black breaking down for the last 6 months is crazy when in the three months before that I couldn't stop breeding black hybrids. Is there anything that could be done about that?

Can't get Valiant either and can't think the last time I had a black fail even using Prime Eternal with a Champion. Also I am at loss to breed Neon as well!

starship412
08-01-16, 05:32 PM
Can't get Valiant either and can't think the last time I had a black fail even using Prime Eternal with a Champion. Also I am at loss to breed Neon as well!

I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this. Getting blue/purple hybids occasionally is one thing but black and pink leaving the breeding is something else. I had issues with breeding pink dragons until they all seem to come at once in the last month.

kooky panda
12-01-16, 08:59 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to update on this question.
These will be the breeding rules as they are. There's no plan to update them to the previous rules.
If you have any further questions or feedback you can contact support:support.storm8.com >> submit a request (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us)