PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Advice Please :)

sweetfarm864
06-09-15, 05:57 PM
Hi I'm ready to get something new. I've narrowed it down to 4 things. which would you choose?

1. Truffle patch
2. forge
3. water garden
4. Candy maker

bao2bao
06-09-15, 06:53 PM
Depends on what your goal is in this game.

1. Truffle patch - gives you a new place to "play", you get to dig for truffles and truffles sell very well in the market. However, you only get to dig every 12 hours.
2. Forge - If you want to upgrade your silo and you have lots of iron and wood, the forge will help you get nails (which is usually the limiting factor to the upgrade on a silo)
3. Water Garden - Good way to make lots of coins, especially if your fryer is usually not working, the seaweed sells quite quickly in the market.
4. candy maker - I don't have this one yet...

FurnasFarms
06-10-15, 05:17 AM
Hi I'm ready to get something new. I've narrowed it down to 4 things. which would you choose?

1. Truffle patch.
2. forge
3. water garden
4. Candy maker

1. I enjoy playing with the truffle patch. Only have one pig, but that plus the market is enough for the truffle dishes
2. Forge takes 8 hours fir one product and eats up my iron. Mine yields not as high as truffle patch
3. Water garden is ok. Makes me want the Sushi building!!
4. Think I want a chocolate maker before candy maker.

Other's thoughts?
A. Alpaca
B. Sushi shop
C. Chocolate sauce maker?

PookieBear50
06-10-15, 10:05 AM

1. Truffle patch
2. forge
3. water garden
4. Candy maker

Save the forge for the very, very, very last thing you ever buy in this game...it is practically useless in the long run: 8 hours to craft ANYTHING, you'll need wood planks (not wood from chopping down trees) and a lot of iron ore to make anything, not to mention a lot of hammers, and the yield is ridiculously poor: 3 iron and 1 hammer to produce 1 screw or 1 nail, while it it takes only 1 iron and one wood plank to make a shovel or a pickaxe for the mine?

Of the other three, they each have their advantages and disadvantages.

Truffle patch: This isn't a bad choice - truffles sell well, as do products made with truffles. However, while it is perfectly possible to do all you need with only the 1 truffle hog the game gives you, you will still need to feed it: 2 potatoes, 3 carrots, 3 flax, for 1.5 hours. Then the 12 hour resting period for the hog. Also, if you plan on expanding to this, be sure to have a lot of space in your barn: truffles store there, not the silo, and depending on how s****ed you are at finding truffles, one visit to the truffle patch could result in 20+ new items in your inventory.

Water garden: unless you are in a position to purchase the sushi shop soon after (sorry, not sure how much it costs), you may want to wait on this. You start off with rice and seaweed (I think it is both of them), but neither sell well either in their raw or dried state...at least, not as well as they do when they've been used to make sushi or rice crackers (in the bakery). Wasabi and cranberries (and one other, I think--sorry, I'm not there yet) come later, and again, neither sell well until you dry them and use them to make something. On the other hand, it will give you something new to work with, and you will eventually need both the water garden and sushi shop to make one of the truffle items.

Candy Maker: this may be your best option. Most of the ingredients for the different recipes should be available to you already. Although some may take multiple steps to complete (peanut brittle, for example, requires you to make simple syrup first, also in the Candy Maker, and the fudge requires dark chocolate from the Chocolatier and butter from the Dairy as well as milk), these also tend to sell well.

If I were to recommend an order, I would suggest

1. Candy Maker
2. Truffle Patch (because Truffles sell well, which will help you get the Sushi Shop after expanding to the Water Garden)
3. Water Garden
4. Forge

sweetfarm864
06-15-15, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the tips! I think I will wait a bit to get the forge thanks to your advice. I'm not leaning towards the candy maker or Truffle Patch.

Nuno2
06-28-15, 01:33 AM
Does anyone knows if is needed to reach some higher level to unlock the truffle florest? I'm level 16 and almost there.. Where should I expand according to my level? I have already the tree house and pond.

Edit: *level 18, not 16.

JustKay
06-28-15, 06:16 AM
Just be aware that any new items you unlock by expanding to these new features can turn up in plane and train and balloon deliveries. You should have enough space in your barn to store a bunch of the rarer items (truffle related items, sushi, etc) if you want to keep filling those orders quick.

syncler78
06-28-15, 08:41 AM
Does anyone knows if is needed to reach some higher level to unlock the truffle florest? I'm level 16 and almost there.. Where should I expand according to my level? I have already the tree house and pond.

Edit: *level 18, not 16.

I believe it was level 25 for the mine and the train, and level 30 to expand to the truffle forest and the beehive. You only need to be level 15 to unlock the balloon.