PDA

View Full Version : Answered Challenge is incapable of being met under the conditions provided. Please advise!

jamaicansensatn
06-08-15, 05:48 PM
Hello, Team Lava.

I'm hoping you can help me, please. I've been a bit bothered the past few days. You see, I've been given goals to build new ovens; however, I am unable to purchase the ovens until I reach a particular level. The problem is, I will not be able to reach that particular level within the timeframe that I am given to complete the goal.

And this has not occurred in just one game. It has occurred in another Team Lava game as well.

My question to Team Lava is this: why would you set up your players for failure? Why do you require certain levels to achieve appliances, and then give a goal challenge that cannot be met? Why? It's frustrating and it can feel defeating in a sense. Thank the good Lord it's just a game, but it's frustrating nonetheless to know that a lot of time has been invested on our ends; and it feels as though there is no consideration from Team Lava in those regards. Why not allow us to automatically unlock the appliances needed for the goals? It just makes sense.

Please advise. I look forward to your response.

Stacie

Storm 8 ID: jamaicansensatn
Games Played: Restaurant Story, Bakery Story

ebils
06-08-15, 06:05 PM
Hi jamaicansensatn. You do not need to level up in order to buy new ovens. You can store current ovens to buy new ovens.

Here's the instructions on how to store and remove items from the Storage.

To place something in storage: Go into design mode, tap on the item that is on your floor which you want to store (this will highlight the item), and then tap the "storage" button on the right-hand corner of your screen. This will be the button between "rotate" and "sell."

To retrieve an item from storage: Go into design mode, select the appropriate category of the stored item (e.g., chairs), scroll to the type of chair that you have in storage. You'll notice a small number in the lower right corner of the icon (e.g., x5 if you have 5 in storage). That number indicates how many you have in storage, which is how many you can place on the floor again at no cost.

Ca7007
06-08-15, 06:33 PM
You can also sell an oven if you like, that way you'll make room for another one without leveling up. Assuming you're at a lower level, I wouldn't suggest doing the timed goals, because they take a lot of time, building, and coins to complete. The timed goals are optional, and a new set of them come out every month. But it is up to you, since some of the goals are not timed, so you can spend as much time as you want on them. :) Good luck!

deekathleen
06-08-15, 07:16 PM
I would NOT sell your ovens. Just store them.
I recommend doing the monthly timed goals.
You can check the forum tomorrow for a preview ( if they do the goals this week),of what the prizes are for doing them.
You will not be able to get the goal items/prizes if you don't do them.
You can always take your time and do the untimed goals when ever you feel like it.

But don't sell your stoves, just store them.

jamaicansensatn
06-09-15, 08:41 AM
Hi jamaicansensatn. You do not need to level up in order to buy new ovens. You can store current ovens to buy new ovens.

To place something in storage: Go into design mode, tap on the item that is on your floor which you want to store (this will highlight the item), and then tap the "storage" button on the right-hand corner of your screen. This will be the button between "rotate" and "sell."

To retrieve an item from storage: Go into design mode, select the appropriate category of the stored item (e.g., chairs), scroll to the type of chair that you have in storage. You'll notice a small number in the lower right corner of the icon (e.g., x5 if you have 5 in storage). That number indicates how many you have in storage, which is how many you can place on the floor again at no cost.

Hi, Ebils. Thank you so much for your guidance. I truly thought I was being set up to fail. I better get moving. I think I may have less than 48 hours to complete these goals. I appreciate your help very much. I should have reached out sooner.

Stacie

jamaicansensatn
06-09-15, 08:44 AM
You can also sell an oven if you like, that way you'll make room for another one without leveling up. Assuming you're at a lower level, I wouldn't suggest doing the timed goals, because they take a lot of time, building, and coins to complete. The timed goals are optional, and a new set of them come out every month. But it is up to you, since some of the goals are not timed, so you can spend as much time as you want on them. :) Good luck!

Hi, CA7007. :) Ahhhhh! I see. I didn't know that about the timed goals. I was feeling like I was about to fail a mandatory goal. Whew! I am so relieved. I appreciate your help very much. I am at level 34. In other games (by other companies), I went all the way up to level 99. I had stopped playing games for a couple of years due to work, school, kids, church, too much going on. I've just started up again, and feel like I am re-learning everything. Thanks so much for your help! :) I appreciate you. Hit me up in the game sometime, or add me if you'd like. I really love your helpful spirit! :)

Stacie

jamaicansensatn
06-09-15, 08:47 AM
Deekathleen, this is great advice! :) I agree! :) I won't sell them. I'll just store them. Better for me in case I need them down the road, or in case I expand and need more ovens. Selling them usually only gives about 10% of the cost. I'm not ready to lose that much of an "investment" just yet. :)

I so appreciate all of you guys for your help. I'm re-learning everything, and am so happy to have your support and your insight. Totally relieved.

Stacie

jamaicansensatn
06-09-15, 08:48 AM

Hi, Ebils. Thank you so much for your guidance. I truly thought I was being set up to fail. I better get moving. I think I may have less than 48 hours to complete these goals. I appreciate your help very much. I should have reached out sooner.

Stacie

deekathleen
06-09-15, 09:15 AM

Stacie

If you are just staring Mays goal now I would just skip that one, you won't have enough time to finish it.
Tomorrow there might be a new goal starting.

bobbyrae
06-10-15, 08:09 AM
If you are just staring Mays goal now I would just skip that one, you won't have enough time to finish it.
Tomorrow there might be a new goal starting.

I say keep doing the may goals until the time runs out. You may be able to unlock recipes that will eventually earn you gems and money. You may even be able to unlock some decor you want too. You can probably do the may and june goals together if you still have time on the may goals by the time the june ones come around.

deekathleen
06-10-15, 09:47 AM
I say keep doing the may goals until the time runs out. You may be able to unlock recipes that will eventually earn you gems and money. You may even be able to unlock some decor you want too. You can probably do the may and june goals together if you still have time on the may goals by the time the june ones come around.

Well I only suggested that because they said that there was already less than 48 hours left (subtract a few hours for the timer being notoriously off) and they hadn't even built the first oven yet, by time they got parts..........I figured it would only be an exercise in frustration to do it, lol

bobbyrae
06-10-15, 10:00 AM
Well I only suggested that because they said that there was already less than 48 hours left (subtract a few hours for the timer being notoriously off) and they hadn't even built the first oven yet, by time they got parts..........I figured it would only be an exercise in frustration to do it, lol

No, I saw where you were coming from and normally I would agree, but wasn't the first recipe an hour or something? I mean if she had enough parts in inventory she could knock out a few ovens and recipes in time to unlock at least one or even two other recipes in the 48 hours if she had the time and inclination. For me it would be an exercise in futility since 1 hour or 2 hour recipes are impossible for me. They inevitably spoil before I can get to them. I have only one recipe left in restaurant story to master and it is a 1 hour recipe. The only way it will get done and mastered is by cooking it and then clearing it after it is spoilt :(

deekathleen
06-10-15, 10:10 AM
I have only one recipe left in restaurant story to master and it is a 1 hour recipe. The only way it will get done and mastered is by cooking it and then clearing it after it is spoilt :(

LOL. I know for this challenge I had the recipe spoil at least 3 or 4 times and had to do them over also.