PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Cruise Catering Event

Pages : [1] 2

jandtandn
06-05-15, 06:19 PM
There is a new 10 day event!

Edit KP

Hello everyone! :) Sorry to be so late, but yes, Nefertiti and the recipe for the Pistachio Pyramid Cake are both permanent once you unlock Nefertiti from the Catering Event.

Edit-KP
Day 1: 75 gems required to "finish now"

4 coins = ? (Maybe 48?)
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = 3 gems

--------------------

Day 2: 150 gems required to "finish now"
Day 3: 200 gems required to "finish now"
Day 4 & Day 5: 250 gems required to "finish now"
Day 6: 300 gems to "finish now"
Day 7: 300 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

Edit- KP

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the awesome discussion regarding the Egyptian Catering Event! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Kebabs and the Shawarma are just fun limited time recipes to add to the ambiance of the Egyptian Catering Event. You do not have to master them if you do not want to. Do note that in order to unlock the Chocolate Pyramid Cake, you will need to unlock Nefertiti. :)

Edit ~ FrozenTurtle
You must upgrade to Restaurant Story 2 v1.7.2 (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id814656403) in order to access this event. Good luck to you all!

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/1fdba199-97aa-4ca6-8c7e-793f7e05210e_zpscmlsmuml.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/e56d337f-70c1-48f1-9c7f-ee5986f9c411_zps7zg8rj5z.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/d6dbdfde-8f79-4f65-9232-5ff7fd8f9840_zpsmqdq8rov.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/033c8db2-ee1f-4541-88b8-6dc5ccdfb089_zpsyfbfqzp9.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/85857462-ae72-4c24-b94b-21ec412e92d3_zpswpu3xqcn.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/68d34637-2abf-40c3-81a1-faa11061cc3d_zpsnf34rkai.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/edaa74c1-5887-4f13-a5a8-44c13383a05d_zpswxezf1do.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/55d7dc54-484a-490c-bb2e-a424478b4af9_zpsh2xyrjww.jpg

infinitelove19
06-05-15, 06:42 PM
I am debating starting it now or waiting a few more hours until the new day, which would give me more time to finish the event overall.... Not sure I can resist that long! Ha!

jomykje
06-05-15, 06:50 PM
I thought of waiting too, but decided to start now. The first days are usually easy to finish in time...

infinitelove19
06-05-15, 06:53 PM
I thought of waiting too, but decided to start now. The first days are usually easy to finish in time...

Yeah, I totally started the event. LOL

First day requires us to earn 75 gems.
No idea how many gems we get yet, as I will have to wait and cook the things they're asking for.

rosewaterlily
06-05-15, 07:05 PM
I finished the first day, now trying to master the limited recipes while I don't have to reserve my stoves for anything that might be requested in the event. Four hours for the shawarma is going to be a tough one while concurrently cooking for the cruise.

infinitelove19
06-05-15, 07:08 PM
Wow! Thanks for posting all those pics!!

Looks like upom successful completion of the event, we will receive visits from Nefertiti... and from the pics, it indicates she will drop pistachios so that we can cook the Pyramid Cake, which will earn us gems. Seems a little roundabout, but I am happy for the opportunity to earn gems and for a different task to do. I love catering events!!

infinitelove19
06-05-15, 07:11 PM
I have a question. If you bought the 'extra slot' (showing 4 recipes for the cruise at a time, instead of three) in a previous cruise event, does the extra slot stick around for future events? If you bought it before, do you still have it now?

(((Personally, I would only consider the investment if the benefit would stick around)))

catfoodie
06-05-15, 07:20 PM
I have a question. If you bought the 'extra slot' (showing 4 recipes for the cruise at a time, instead of three) in a previous cruise event, does the extra slot stick around for future events? If you bought it before, do you still have it now?

(((Personally, I would only consider the investment if the benefit would stick around)))
I don't think so. I bought an extra slot for the very first cartering event, but I don't have this extra slot right now. And I agree, 200 gems is pretty expensive for just one event, but oh well

ginourmous
06-05-15, 07:21 PM
confused... It says 10 days and 21 days. Do we have 10 days to get the catering done and then once this is done we will have 11 days left to do what ever the 2nd part is?

Are we supposed to learn those "new weird" recipe now? or we supposed to wait?

All I know for sure at this point is that my RESTAURANT is closed for the next 10 days at least. Sorry people but the cruise people are taking priority right now and I am stacking food on my counters.

rltbme11
06-05-15, 07:48 PM
I was considering buying the extra slot but not now. That's messed up to pay 200 gems (almost $10) for one slot/one event. Out of every game I have played RS2 has to be the stingiest I have EVER seen! The amount of money for gems is ridiculous along with the amount needed to do anything in the game. I've played for about 2 months now & never seen a sale on gems...all games have gem sales! All the time!

infinitelove19
06-05-15, 08:12 PM
I was considering buying the extra slot but not now. That's messed up to pay 200 gems (almost $10) for one slot/one event. Out of every game I have played RS2 has to be the stingiest I have EVER seen! The amount of money for gems is ridiculous along with the amount needed to do anything in the game. I've played for about 2 months now & never seen a sale on gems...all games have gem sales! All the time!

Yeah... I've noticed newer TL games seem to have less gem sales (i.e. none), and I really wish they did. I would think the best investment for these and other events is to buy extra appliances with gems. ((I think using gems affords us access to one extra of each appliance type)) but I have not done it yet mostly due to stubborness and liking a challenge... but if they had a gem sale, I probably wouldn't be able to resist the opportunity, and would probably splurge and get enough for a few appliances. Of course, since they raised their price on gems (seemingly in all games) a sale is only slightly better than their old normal price, so I do feel more hesitation to spend. I honestly think they'd sell more than enough volume to make up for a lower price, and it would be more profitable for them overall to be more generous in the gem for cash department. But as they say "Que sera, sera." (whatever will be, will be) *shrugs*

ellyse99
06-06-15, 12:17 AM
Darn, I finished day 2 in 15 mins :(

infinitelove19
06-06-15, 12:42 AM
Darn, I finished day 2 in 15 mins :(

Well that sure frees up your appliances!! Good job! I am a bit behind you, but it is coming along quickly. ;-)

infinitelove19
06-06-15, 12:47 AM
Day 2: 150 gems required

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

Day 1: 75 gems required

4 coins = ??49?? gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = 3 gems

Seems I've only gotten 2 and 3 coin dishes so far.
Currently collecting ingredients for all three slots: Bacon, seaweed and lemons. What an awful combination! LOL

ellyse99
06-06-15, 01:02 AM
Actually, when I played for previous cruise events, I always had to slow down so that each day's fun could last longer.

Tomorrow I have a transcontinental flight starting 3 hours after the event day starts! I should've held back on delivering the 4-coin dish for today n left it to count for tomorrow instead. Bad planning!

infinitelove19
06-06-15, 01:33 AM
Actually, when I played for previous cruise events, I always had to slow down so that each day's fun could last longer.

Tomorrow I have a transcontinental flight starting 3 hours after the event day starts! I should've held back on delivering the 4-coin dish for today n left it to count for tomorrow instead. Bad planning!

Oh, well. I had a 4-coin stew order come up and had a few thousand ready to go on my counter, so I've loaded it up & will save it for tomorrow. Working on a 1 and 2 coin dishes for now.

I know what you mean about spreading things out. I am at a high level, with my shops pretty well upgraded and a fair amount of some dishes on my counters, so I have given myself the challenge of doing every single thing that comes up - NO refreshing for a new order. Last event, I only did this for the last few days, and refreshed 2 items that I actually had had on my counters before they disappeared due to a glitch. Hopefully there are no technical issues this time, and with some luck I will be able to do every single order I get. We shall see! ;-)

MeruBunny
06-06-15, 03:51 AM
I just finished the game of scones event about 2 days ago, I'm not ready for a new event right away :(
Cartering event always deplete all my money I gather and there so stressful, can't TL make it one event every month? :p

poise86
06-06-15, 04:08 AM
[QUOTE=infinitelove19;1121475]Day 2: 150 gems required

4 coins = ?
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

4 coins = ?
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = ?

sorry,,what the mean this ? i'm new player. thx

felicopterrr
06-06-15, 04:23 AM
Can't wait to get the sleeping kitty!! It's so cute!

chewingmilk
06-06-15, 04:31 AM
I'm going to do it right this time.. I'm going to stock on ingredients that takes a long time to restock, before I start the event.. But I actually can't wait to start..heheh...

infinitelove19
06-06-15, 05:30 AM
[QUOTE=infinitelove19;1121475]Day 2: 150 gems required

4 coins = ?
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

4 coins = ?
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = ?

sorry,,what the mean this ? i'm new player. thx

For catering events, each day is different. Since we can choose when to start (or delay starting) the event, it is good to describe each day in order. Since the catering/cruise event started yesterday, we are on day 2.

Then, I indicated the "gem total" for the day, which is the number you see in the middle of the screen & which you *could* just spend gems to skip having to cook anything for that day.

Next, each dish is credited with either 1, 2, 3 or 4 coins and the credit each of those gives against the "gem total" for the day, varies. So if the gem total is 150 and a four-coin dish gives 50 gems, you would only need to complete 3 four-coin dishes to complete that day. If each one-coin dish gives 5 gems, then to complete 150, you would need to cook 30 one-coin dishes. So, I was just posting what each different coin-value equals in "gem credits" for each day. For the ones I didn't know, I put a question mark.

This is just helpful for people to decide which dishes to make, which to refresh, & which to save for the next day. For instance if you only needed 15 gems to complete day 2, you would do best to deliver a 2-coin dish, rather than submitting a 3 or 4-coin dish and wasting the extra 'credit' they give. Instead, they can be saved for the following day putting you further ahead.

Make sense?

poise86
06-06-15, 06:10 AM
@infinitelove19
i understand now..thank u for explaining very helpful :)

randic78
06-06-15, 06:18 AM
Already having trouble with this event. Some of the the food items I have on my counter are not going to the catering. For instance, my catering just had steak and eggs for an item, I had steak and eggs ready on my counter but I did not have an option to deliver them to the ship. It was like they didn't exist. Left the game and went back in twice and each time it allowed me to deliver small portions of steak and eggs, but not the full amount despite having more than enough to complete the order on my counter.

fatbearsecondary
06-06-15, 06:23 AM
Well that sure frees up your appliances!! Good job! I am a bit behind you, but it is coming along quickly. ;-)

Hey infinite, can you or someone else post a picture of the cruise event screen? I haven't started yet due to family stuff today, but I wanted to get an idea of how things are laid out.

And how are the new recipes coming into play? Are they frequently requested for lots of coins? Or are they just here for no reason?

MeruBunny
06-06-15, 06:27 AM

4 coins = ?
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

4 coins = ?
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = ?

Currently collecting ingredients for all three slots: Bacon, seaweed and lemons. What an awful combination! LOL

Day 1
1 coin dishes = 3 gems :)

chewingmilk
06-06-15, 06:33 AM
Already having trouble with this event. Some of the the food items I have on my counter are not going to the catering. For instance, my catering just had steak and eggs for an item, I had steak and eggs ready on my counter but I did not have an option to deliver them to the ship. It was like they didn't exist. Left the game and went back in twice and each time it allowed me to deliver small portions of steak and eggs, but not the full amount despite having more than enough to complete the order on my counter.

Sounds like not being able to pre-stack the dishes..for the cruise requests.. That really would be annoying, coz that was the only reason why I was able to finish the cruise challange last time.. I have to see.. If that happens to me too... only just started

cnlsmommy
06-06-15, 06:39 AM
Sounds like not being able to pre-stack the dishes..for the cruise requests.. That really would be annoying, coz that was the only reason why I was able to finish the cruise challange last time.. I have to see.. If that happens to me too... only just started

I haven't been able to complete any of the cruise ships, which makes me really sad. I can't seem to figure out the right formula for it. How does this dish stacking work? Just make mass amounts of the food we know usually comes up? Maybe put away most of the chairs so customers don't eat it all? Any other advice?? I really want this!! I always complete the first days with ease and then bomb the last day or two.

randic78
06-06-15, 06:47 AM
I haven't been able to complete any of the cruise ships, which makes me really sad. I can't seem to figure out the right formula for it. How does this dish stacking work? Just make mass amounts of the food we know usually comes up? Maybe put away most of the chairs so customers don't eat it all? Any other advice?? I really want this!! I always complete the first days with ease and then bomb the last day or two.

I'm trying to stack the longer cooking dishes on my counters so I have them ready for the order. I do remove my chairs and keep the customers out, I know they said not to do that last time around and it was creating problems because it isn't the way the game is intended to be played but if I don't keep the food on my counters, I don't stand a chance at completing these types of events. I wish we could have a refrigerator or some sort of food storage that would allow us to precook but prevent it from being served until we are ready.

catfoodie
06-06-15, 06:54 AM
It does work for me, I have some strawberry smoothie on the counter and I can deliver it to the ship.

chewingmilk
06-06-15, 07:06 AM
Yes, just had a request for a dish that was already on my counter.. No problem either here..!!

chewingmilk
06-06-15, 07:12 AM

I also want to add.. If just before completing the day you only have for example 2 more gems to work away.. Don't use the high rated dishes to send away..you can keep these for the next day..And also if you have enough time that day.. Keep refreshing untill you have a high rated dish or a dish you like.. So when the day is over you can work on that dish for the next day.

infinitelove19
06-06-15, 07:39 AM
Hey infinite, can you or someone else post a picture of the cruise event screen? I haven't started yet due to family stuff today, but I wanted to get an idea of how things are laid out.

And how are the new recipes coming into play? Are they frequently requested for lots of coins? Or are they just here for no reason?

*blushes*. I have actually never figured out how to post a photo. I can take 'em, just can't post 'em. I'm sure somebody will post!!!

As for the new recipes; I have a theory. First: They do not seem to be requested for the catering/cruise. Second: I believe we will be required to master them to 3 stars in order to unlock the "Pyramid Cake" (or whatever it's called.). That said, when you are done each day early, or are certain that making the new recipes won't interfere with catering, I highly recommend cooking them.

We currently have a goal about the Pyramid cake, telling us to "complete the cruise and welcome Nefertiti to our restaurant". Once we successfully complete the cruise catering, Nefertiti will visit, dropping pistachios AND once we master kebabs and shawarma, we will be able to unlock the Pyramid recipe, which will earn gems. This is my best guess.

I may be able to see the future and/or I may be partially or completely wrong. Either way, first priority should be completing the cruise for those who wish to go for it!!! :-)

edited to clarify: The "complete the catering event" goal seems to directly award the Chocolate Pyramid cake. So, I really have NO idea what the two new recipes are for. Perhaps just for fun and variety?

cnlsmommy
06-06-15, 07:49 AM
I also want to add.. If just before completing the day you only have for example 2 more gems to work away.. Don't use the high rated dishes to send away..you can keep these for the next day..And also if you have enough time that day.. Keep refreshing untill you have a high rated dish or a dish you like.. So when the day is over you can work on that dish for the next day.

Has anyone developed a list of the typical event dishes?

catfoodie
06-06-15, 08:04 AM
For me the cruise ship usually asks for chicken broccoli casserole, 10 potatoes, 10 strawberries, strawberry smoothie, French dip sandwich, stew, fajitas(not that often though), baked salmon, salmon sushi - these dishes being asked for 2 cartering events. In addition, bunch of 1/2 coin dishes such as Blt, spaghetti and meatballs, cheese fondue and steak and eggs. So pretty much everything haha.
Also, so far I ve being asked for ginger snaps, 10 cream, 10 potatoes, strawberry smoothie, chicken casserole, cheesecake, lobster thermodor and cucumber sandwich.
I don't know if the dishes are the same for everyone though.

infinitelove19
06-06-15, 08:31 AM

It really is almost everything available to the level that you are at. So, it does vary.
Can be 10 of nearly any ingredient. Onions, peppers and peas are the best since they award 4 coins each.

It is extra challenging at lower levels since your catering will ask for recipes you have not yet learned and/or items you have not unlocked yet. Even recipes for which you do not own the appropriate appliance, and all of these you may not have enough coins to unlock/learn/buy. Take advantage of four-coin dishes (like beef dip sandwich), try to collect lots of peppers and onions, and refresh items you cannot supply often!!!

cnlsmommy
06-06-15, 08:35 AM
I've gotten flour, fajitas, salmon sushi, lobster bisque, surf and turf, and pepperoni pizza. I'm not high enough level wise for strawberries and I don't even see ginger snaps! I'm level 43.

chewingmilk
06-06-15, 09:24 AM
For me the cruise ship usually asks for chicken broccoli casserole, 10 potatoes, 10 strawberries, strawberry smoothie, French dip sandwich, stew, fajitas(not that often though), baked salmon, salmon sushi - these dishes being asked for 2 cartering events. In addition, bunch of 1/2 coin dishes such as Blt, spaghetti and meatballs, cheese fondue and steak and eggs. So pretty much everything haha.
Also, so far I ve being asked for ginger snaps, 10 cream, 10 potatoes, strawberry smoothie, chicken casserole, cheesecake, lobster thermodor and cucumber sandwich
I don't know if the dishes are the same for everyone though.

Yes, I have had the similiar dishes, because I'm a 39 level player. I'm not asked anything fruity. At the moment they have asked:

Tuna Casserol
Lobster Bisque
Chicken Alfredo
Lobster Sandwich
10 Cucumber
Magherita Pizza
Stuffed Peppers

alemay1204
06-06-15, 09:50 AM
I note that they ask for different dishes to each player. What pisses me is that the firrst time, they locked the next day for one hour but now that I finished the second part, event is locked fof 14 hours! They want us to spend a big amount of gems but these are never on sale!

cocoquillette
06-06-15, 09:59 AM
I note that they ask for different dishes to each player. What pisses me is that the firrst time, they locked the next day for one hour but now that I finished the second part, event is locked fof 14 hours! They want us to spend a big amount of gems but these are never on sale!
The next day always starts at 0:00 san francisco time, that's 9am for me in Paris for eg.
Don't waste your gems on starting day 3 early, because once you're done, you'll have to wait even longer to start day 4... If you want to spend gems, use them for the last days...

Xialio
06-06-15, 11:01 AM
there's no way I'm gonna finish this event, it keeps asking for stuff I can't even cook yet :( and its only just started! lol

Jennerwein1
06-06-15, 11:52 AM
I checked out the deco items we will be able to earn. The crocodile is trying to catch the bird and the cat moves its tail! Animated, yay!

YukitaBanana
06-06-15, 12:21 PM
How do I welcome Nehrati or whatever her name is?

txangel1109
06-06-15, 12:33 PM

Egyptian Cruise

catfoodie
06-06-15, 12:36 PM
Disappearing food. How can we keep food from disappearing? Others on this forum block their doors. I tried and I'm losing food.
I personally think it's a bug, I had food disappearing while I had restaraunt functioning normally and never when I had chairs turned around. Try to put the counter in the storage and then take it back, I read that it helps some people.
I have one table working normally so food is selling but really slow.

Robyna990
06-06-15, 03:05 PM
How many gems do you think the new cake recipe will drop?

ginourmous
06-06-15, 03:12 PM

I had the same issue with steak and eggs too!! Every time I would come back it would take a little bit and allow me to put it on the boat... a real pain.

ginourmous
06-06-15, 03:15 PM
I don't block the door... I turn the chairs around. Just turn them away from the normal sitting position and no need to block the door. This way when the people come in, they are turned around because there are no available chairs for them to sit. Look at my restaurant and you will see if you need.

This way, you can "save/stack" food on your counters. This way if they ask for the same item again, you have some already done. Hope this helps

ginourmous
06-06-15, 03:18 PM

This is EXACTLY what I HATE about this. I am on a 16hrs wait since this morning to be able to move on... NOT FAIR! Lets say this weekend I can get more cooking done but Monday is really busy so I could get more done this weekend to make up for the slow monday of cooking but with this format it's IMPOSSIBLE and simply not fair and as it goes along, the cooking gets more and more demanding and the last day is almost always impossible to get done unless you get luck and have the right recipe stacked on your counters ready to go.

bunny2889
06-06-15, 03:35 PM
I have yet to finish a cruise event, so going into this I'm not expecting much. I stressed over the luau event, then a little less over the last one. As an obsessive player who doesn't like to use gems, it gets frustrating. Plus I'm going to Vegas in 3 days, so this is low priority. I'd love to get a chance to finish a cruise eventually! Maybe next one! Love the idea of the event, just super hard! :p

007war
06-06-15, 03:42 PM
I don't block the door... I turn the chairs around. Just turn them away from the normal sitting position and no need to block the door. This way when the people come in, they are turned around because there are no available chairs for them to sit. Look at my restaurant and you will see if you need.

This way, you can "save/stack" food on your counters. This way if they ask for the same item again, you have some already done. Hope this helps

This does not work for me anymore. Since the last cruise event the food is sold any way. Even with no chairs. I just do easy recipes during the day cheese cake,bruschetta etc. At night I do tuna casserole, stew and lobster and only serve it when the ship ask for it. Bummer!

shedenh
06-06-15, 03:59 PM
I hate the wait too! Seems you should be able to do this at your own pace. Would be nice for the days you don't have time you could try and get ahead.

kenvindeptrai
06-06-15, 04:08 PM
here my experience about cruise ship for sharing.
1. Collect ingredients: use the street market to collect items, they often ask you to collect item under8 hours , try to collect it as much as you can , example onion. I use to collect it as much as I can, and try dont use it for the event . The other about 1,2,4,5 hours , i use priority on 1 and 2 hours. The street market will help you a lot on these thing, especially forcus on veggie market.
2. Cook food:
I usally to cook the food about 2,3,4 ships . And nearly the end of cruise ship , I focus on time of cooking, dont try to cook the food require you the ingredient over 8 hours like tuna casserole.... (Mushroom about 16hours) , if you spare too much , you can use it.😋
Try to save it before you press COLLECT to spend on the next day, and it helps your time for the next day.
Moreover , I suggest you to use it on 4 ships , it helps you to save your time( if you can) , think carefullly before you choose the food ( you have the refresh) , dont try on 1 ship, it wastes your time, if you have a lot of appliances , cook different foods and fill all your counters , and food you dont have enough money to learn, just refresh.
it is depends on your lever,counter, appliance, food you learn also the store that you upgrade, Here is just my opinion, if it helps you😍😍😍😍

mermaidzen
06-06-15, 04:14 PM

4 coins = ?
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

4 coins = ?
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = ?

So are the coins worth different each day. That's silly and makes it harder to think about. Mine has only just started so only on day 1 
Also how do you know how many coins/gems needed each day. Is it by the number of gems to jump to end. I ended up using gems to start day 2 didn't think I would get it done as quickly and now only need 5 gems to finish so guess that's just a one coin dish so want add the 1 onion left to complete that order and will use it for day 3 and give myself a jump ahead is that right.

faeriedust
06-06-15, 05:54 PM
By what day do we need to begin the cruise event? Does it begin automatically in a few days if we don't start it now? I have to miss a few days so I want to start later.

infinitelove19
06-06-15, 08:35 PM
By what day do we need to begin the cruise event? Does it begin automatically in a few days if we don't start it now? I have to miss a few days so I want to start later.

Based on previous events, it will start automatically, but I don't know when. My best guess would be Tuesday or possibly Wednesday (Pacific time). Someone from Teamlava/Storm8 usually tells us this info, but since it is the weekend I doubt we will hear before Monday morning. The first couple of days were pretty easy, so hopefully it'll work out for you. :-)

infinitelove19
06-06-15, 09:03 PM

So are the coins worth different each day. That's silly and makes it harder to think about. Mine has only just started so only on day 1 
Also how do you know how many coins/gems needed each day. Is it by the number of gems to jump to end. I ended up using gems to start day 2 didn't think I would get it done as quickly and now only need 5 gems to finish so guess that's just a one coin dish so want add the 1 onion left to complete that order and will use it for day 3 and give myself a jump ahead is that right.

It does make it harder, but that's why we post the info here, so people can access it. 3 and 4-coin dishes always have a bigger effect, so when I'm waiting for the next day to start, I usually work on those types of recipes with longer cook times. That way I have the food on hand AND I free up my appliances for when I'm working on catering dishes.

Using gems to start the next day early is probably best reserved for the last day (or two). Usually the last day requires the most gems (to skip/finish) AND it usually gives the most gems per dish cooked. So it balances out a little. A day that requires 450 gems to skip doesn't require 3 times the work of one that requires 150 gems. Instead it probably works out to about twice as hard, but this also depends what dishes it asks for, and what level you're at, how many dishes you haven't learned, etc.

And you seem to have the hang of it! Like you said, do a one-coin dish to get the last 5 gems you need for today and save your four-coin onions for tomorrow. If you are refreshing and a one-coin dish doesn't come up, you can also do an easy 2-coiner or just use gems to skip those last 5. Before completing 'today' I always try to have both of the other two slots ready to go for tomorrow. Since the page 'greys out' and you can't refresh or add food in between days, it is best to get 'all your ducks in a row' before finishing the day. This is less essential early on, but have a four-coin dish ready to go for day 10 *could* be the difference between successfully completing the event & missing out!! Especially for lower-level players or those with low coinage for learning new recipes and unlocking new items.

infinitelove19
06-06-15, 09:51 PM
How do I welcome Nehrati or whatever her name is?

You complete the ten-day Cruise event. Then she will visit, and the Chocolate Pyramid Cake recipe is unlocked.

infinitelove19
06-07-15, 12:39 AM
Here is a summary of the values of different dishes for each day. :-)

4 coins = ? (Maybe 48?)
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = 3 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

Day 3: 200 gems required

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = ?

felicopterrr
06-07-15, 12:40 AM
I'm now on day 3 and the prize is 30 quick serves. I already have 17 and when I complete the day, will I have 47/40 quick serves or will I just max out at 40??

I know the previous cruise event allowed the exceeding of quick serves but how bout this one

infinitelove19
06-07-15, 12:48 AM
I'm now on day 3 and the prize is 30 quick serves. I already have 17 and when I complete the day, will I have 47/40 quick serves or will I just max out at 40??

I know the previous cruise event allowed the exceeding of quick serves but how bout this one

I would bet YES.

felicopterrr
06-07-15, 04:31 AM
Ok I got 47/40 serves yay

cnlsmommy
06-07-15, 08:09 AM
Is there any way to tell how many coins are left for a day on mobile? I just finished a day and was not able to change any dishes even though I had not claimed my prize. So frustrating because now I'm starting my next day with a dish I can't cook and ingredients I have to hold in my inventory.

ariffraff
06-07-15, 08:15 AM
Is anyone working on mastering the 2 new dishes that popped up?

cnlsmommy
06-07-15, 08:27 AM

I've seen others say they have. I'm not because I'm saving all my counter space for cruise items.

txangel1109
06-07-15, 08:28 AM

I am almost level two on the kebabs and level one on the Shawarma I just thought that this might be part of the 10 day in some way. So I keep adding to them on my counter.

007war
06-07-15, 08:56 AM

i already mastered the kababs and now working on the third level of the chicken. 6, 9 and 12 stars needed to master.

m1stery
06-07-15, 09:46 AM
I don't understand one thing, why is there a counter on all new dishes (including the pyramid cake)? So far all the dishes that required ingredients that were not buyable in normal shops (like clover and blood oranges) disappeared after the event was over. But 2 new dishes require only regular ingredients.
Exception is pyramid cake that requires pistachios (my guess is that if we finish the event and Nefertiti starts visiting us, she would start dropping pistachios, and since this new cake drops gems she would visit maximum once maybe twice a day and drop only one pistachio - so that it wouldn't be easy getting any free gems)

catfoodie
06-07-15, 09:49 AM
I'm not sure if we will have to master it or not, but I think I'll start in a meanwhile when I have free appliances. Would be sad to get all the way just to figure that we need to master dishes in order to get this gem dish :D although the quest doesn't seem to have much steps so it is possible that we don't need this dishes at all!

catfoodie
06-07-15, 09:51 AM
I don't understand one thing, why is there a counter on all new dishes (including the pyramid cake)? So far all the dishes that required ingredients that were not buyable in normal shops (like clover and blood oranges) disappeared after the event was over. But 2 new dishes require only regular ingredients.
Exception is pyramid cake that requires pistachios (my guess is that if we finish the event and Nefertiti starts visiting us, she would start dropping pistachios, and since this new cake drops gems she would visit maximum once maybe twice a day and drop only one pistachio - so that it wouldn't be easy getting any free gems)
My guess is that those dishes are seasonal and you wouldn't be able to learn them after 14 days! But if you learn them now you will keep them forever!

Xialio
06-07-15, 10:54 AM

mi still has the confetti cake from spring fling event, so am hoping if....big if lol mi completes the cruise part of this event mi can keep the pyramid recipe :)

Xialio
06-07-15, 10:56 AM

I already mastered the kebabs, meat and tomatoes are pretty easy to stockpile :) and working on 3rd star of the chicken thingys :) just coz they there really, thought 14 days surely mi can do them after the past few rush events lol

kgp70282
06-07-15, 11:11 AM
i am really antsy having to wait a day and 19hrs to be able to cook more for the cruise I don't think I will get this done in 9 days...

Kirrawynne
06-07-15, 11:18 AM
Any ideas if the refresh of recipes will be like the rock 'n roll event or like the luau event? For the luau, the last day or two when refreshing the recipes for stuff I hadn't learned yet or would take too many hours for me to collect to get the recipe, it gave me a new food item immediately. It didn't do that during the rock 'n roll event so there was no chance of me finishing. I was just curious if anyone had any insight on this because it will determine if I'll be able to finish.

chewingmilk
06-07-15, 11:20 AM

I'm working on them when I finished my requirements for the day. Because I don't trust TL..hahaha..:p it doesn't take that much cooking to master each..plus..the dishes are timed.. Sooo..this means you will indeed need to master it.. And you only have 4 days to do something with it after you finish the event..

It would be really annoying though if they request to cook or serve them..after the end of the event.. -_-'

chewingmilk
06-07-15, 11:22 AM
Any ideas if the refresh of recipes will be like the rock 'n roll event or like the luau event? For the luau, the last day or two when refreshing the recipes for stuff I hadn't learned yet or would take too many hours for me to collect to get the recipe, it gave me a new food item immediately. It didn't do that during the rock 'n roll event so there was no chance of me finishing. I was just curious if anyone had any insight on this because it will determine if I'll be able to finish.

You betcha..!! So I recomment to stack your counters with dishes that take a long time to cook..

ginourmous
06-07-15, 11:26 AM
Really wish we could just keep working on the catering. Right now i have waited longer than played and today i had another long wait of 22.5hrs. That is without counting sleepibg time since the darn thing resets at 3am for me. Please in the future change these event and let us continue. They are telling us we have 10 days but its not really true. Its really 10 catering days that you need to get done 1 each day. All other game i play when they say you have 10 days you have 10 and if you are done in 6 then good for you but at least its fair for everyone. Or maybe if they gave the same cooking items so that we would know what is coming next we could at least have a chance. The last 2 days are brutal to get done. 20750

Kirrawynne
06-07-15, 11:31 AM
You betcha..!! So I recomment to stack your counters with dishes that take a long time to cook..

But what happens when you cook these dishes, say tuna casserole, and they are gone before you get an order for them?

I really feel like I am missing key points or tricks to playing these kinds of games. I'm currently level 41 but it's not like I'm swimming in money or resources or that I've been able to even unlock all the recipes. I'm okay with playing these games at a slower pace because I thought that's how they were designed but when it comes to the special events, there's a lot of missing out on things.

Thanks for your help!

chewingmilk
06-07-15, 11:32 AM
Really wish we could just keep working on the catering. Right now i have waited longer than played and today i had another long wait of 22.5hrs. That is without counting sleepibg time since the darn thing resets at 3am for me. Please in the future change these event and let us continue. They are telling us we have 10 days but its not really true. Its really 10 catering days that you need to get done 1 each day. All other game i play when they say you have 10 days you have 10 and if you are done in 6 then good for you but at least its fair for everyone. Or maybe if they gave the same cooking items so that we would know what is coming next we could at least have a chance. The last 2 days are brutal to get done. 20750

Before sending the last dishes to the ship you should have refresh the other slots..untill you have all 4 coin dishes.. That way you get a head start of alot of gems for the next day.. I finished day 2 within 20 min. but had the whole day to refresh.. ;) just a tip

Kirrawynne
06-07-15, 11:36 AM

Totally agree with you on this! Resets for me at 2am and I, like am assuming most people, have to work. On top of that, I work in the basement of a hospital where there is no internet reception and hey, I don't get to leave my post every half hour in order to log in a game so I can complete goals. I understand the point of the company is to make money so they make goals difficult in the hopes players will buy gems but that's just not a feasible option for everyone either. Really makes something that is supposed to be fun just sad and lame for us "have nots."

chewingmilk
06-07-15, 11:43 AM
But what happens when you cook these dishes, say tuna casserole, and they are gone before you get an order for them?

I really feel like I am missing key points or tricks to playing these kinds of games. I'm currently level 41 but it's not like I'm swimming in money or resources or that I've been able to even unlock all the recipes. I'm okay with playing these games at a slower pace because I thought that's how they were designed but when it comes to the special events, there's a lot of missing out on things.

Thanks for your help!

It's not recommended by TL, but block door and store all chairs.. You can only do this when you have alot of coins..let's say 150.000 coins, because you won't receive any money from customers...

ginourmous
06-07-15, 12:55 PM
Before sending the last dishes to the ship you should have refresh the other slots..untill you have all 4 coin dishes.. That way you get a head start of alot of gems for the next day.. I finished day 2 within 20 min. but had the whole day to refresh.. ;) just a tip

GREAT TIP... I was not paying attention and when I delivered a recipe it filled up. But, I will keep that in mind from this point on, very good idea. I guess it's the inner "I wanna win" child in me and I like to finish things fast. But, you are right, take the whole day to get cool stuff to cook and get ahead. THANKS!

chewingmilk
06-07-15, 01:36 PM
GREAT TIP... I was not paying attention and when I delivered a recipe it filled up. But, I will keep that in mind from this point on, very good idea. I guess it's the inner "I wanna win" child in me and I like to finish things fast. But, you are right, take the whole day to get cool stuff to cook and get ahead. THANKS!

You're welcome..glad to help.. I didn't finish the first cruise either.. I'm still mourning.. Especially when TL made it easier after my time was up..T_T

cathycathy1
06-07-15, 02:57 PM
My days available on my kebabs and shrawma just dropped from 20 days to 12 days between this morning and this afternoon. Any idea what happened?

chewingmilk
06-07-15, 03:02 PM
You had 20..?! From the beginning I only had 14 to start with..

mermaidzen
06-07-15, 03:20 PM
It does make it harder, but that's why we post the info here, so people can access it. 3 and 4-coin dishes always have a bigger effect, so when I'm waiting for the next day to start, I usually work on those types of recipes with longer cook times. That way I have the food on hand AND I free up my appliances for when I'm working on catering dishes.

Using gems to start the next day early is probably best reserved for the last day (or two). Usually the last day requires the most gems (to skip/finish) AND it usually gives the most gems per dish cooked. So it balances out a little. A day that requires 450 gems to skip doesn't require 3 times the work of one that requires 150 gems. Instead it probably works out to about twice as hard, but this also depends what dishes it asks for, and what level you're at, how many dishes you haven't learned, etc.

And you seem to have the hang of it! Like you said, do a one-coin dish to get the last 5 gems you need for today and save your four-coin onions for tomorrow. If you are refreshing and a one-coin dish doesn't come up, you can also do an easy 2-coiner or just use gems to skip those last 5. Before completing 'today' I always try to have both of the other two slots ready to go for tomorrow. Since the page 'greys out' and you can't refresh or add food in between days, it is best to get 'all your ducks in a row' before finishing the day. This is less essential early on, but have a four-coin dish ready to go for day 10 *could* be the difference between successfully completing the event & missing out!! Especially for lower-level players or those with low coinage for learning new recipes and unlocking new items.
Thanks now waiting for 9hrs for the next day. I have 3 4coin dishes and 2 are ready to go right away and the other I have 1 dish sitting on the stove and once that goes will just need to cook it again and can then send that. I also have a 3 coin dish and that is sitting on the stove.
I hope I manage this one didn't finish the Hula one and never got the rock n roll one and really wanted that one. 😢 I just hope I manage to finish this one

cathycathy1
06-07-15, 03:22 PM
You had 20..?! From the beginning I only had 14 to start with..

Did yours go down too?

mermaidzen
06-07-15, 03:23 PM

I am I have 1 star on each and am working on second star.

mermaidzen
06-07-15, 03:37 PM

4 coins = ? (Maybe 48?)
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = 3 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = ?
Well I have dishes sitting ready for tomorrow worth 195 so guess I will have day 3 down then will keep refreshing till get 4 coin dishes ready on all my stoves for the next day

chewingmilk
06-07-15, 03:37 PM
Did yours go down too?

Well, I'm now on 12 days, so in a way...yeh.., but I am on day 2 of the cruise..so.. I believe the glitch was on your game and it got corrected..to 14..

farah9876665
06-07-15, 03:43 PM
Um what the name btw I hate reading sorry. :confused: and even why eygpt event why cuz I live there xD sorry I am crazy

ginourmous
06-07-15, 06:08 PM
You're welcome..glad to help.. I didn't finish the first cruise either.. I'm still mourning.. Especially when TL made it easier after my time was up..T_T

LOL, I feel your pain too. The 1st event was the 1st time I didn't finish something in a game. I have dreams about that hula girl laughing at me...lol

cnlsmommy
06-07-15, 06:51 PM
LOL, I feel your pain too. The 1st event was the 1st time I didn't finish something in a game. I have dreams about that hula girl laughing at me...lol

I wasn't able to finish either cruise event either. Same for me, never failed quests/events before this. I was so sad about the hula girl, wasn't as mad about the rock and roll.

KadeeDid
06-07-15, 07:19 PM
I must be blind. How do you know how any gems each is worth? How do I know what deliveries todo?just starting tonight asi had 2 relays for cancer back to back this weekend. 12 hours each. Maybe should have waited to start as I have a volunteer lunch tomorrow and then am facilitating a cancer survivor lunch and discussion Tuesday.

I just have no clue about this.

mamareader02
06-07-15, 07:36 PM
I must be blind. How do you know how any gems each is worth? How do I know what deliveries todo?just starting tonight asi had 2 relays for cancer back to back this weekend. 12 hours each. Maybe should have waited to start as I have a volunteer lunch tomorrow and then am facilitating a cancer survivor lunch and discussion Tuesday.

Thank you for volunteering for your community!my dad(a senior)volunteers 6 days a week at our local recycling drop off,just received an award for hours ,signed by Obama,at a lunch awards

ghjvcucjb
06-07-15, 07:52 PM

Me too. I live in Hawaii. The hula girl was the only thing I and my little ones have ever actually WANTED in this game. We had been away and didn't get back to start until the timer auto started and was down to 4 days. We got all the way to the last challenge when it expired. total depression in my house. We would have been happy if we could have her even without the gem drops.

ghjvcucjb
06-07-15, 07:56 PM

I just discovered it too. When you click on the event area, next to the progress bar it says how many gems you need to finish. When you turn in food and fill up the progress bar, the gem amount goes down. For example, a one ship dish, when added, reduces the total gem amount by 5 gems. Therefore a 1 ship dish is worth 5 gems. If you need 10 gems to finish the day, you will need to make 2 1 ship dishes. You don't want to make a 4 ship dish which is worth between 35-40 gems because that would be a waste. Does that make sense?

chewingmilk
06-08-15, 12:44 AM

Whahaha...yay..!! I'm not alone..the pain has rooted all deeply inside us..lol.. Let's hope this gem giving dish is worth it..and soften our pain..

calilive213
06-08-15, 05:36 AM
My guess is that those dishes are seasonal and you wouldn't be able to learn them after 14 days! But if you learn them now you will keep them forever!

FWIW I mastered both and they both still have the "counter" on them.
I assume that means we won't be able to keep them... Idk...

fatbearsecondary
06-08-15, 05:57 AM
FWIW I mastered both and they both still have the "counter" on them.
I assume that means we won't be able to keep them... Idk...

Has the cruise requested any of the new dishes for anyone?

I've noticed in the past that the cruise doesn't request recipes earned from events (like potato pesto pie or deviled eggs). Are the new recipes the same way? Kind of lame to ask for us to master these 2 recipes on top of the cruise event, when they won't be requested and will just take up precious counter space that could be used for requested recipes. My cruise hasn't asked for them yet, has anyone's?

calilive213
06-08-15, 06:01 AM
Has the cruise requested any of the new dishes for anyone?

I've noticed in the past that the cruise doesn't request recipes earned from events (like potato pesto pie or deviled eggs). Are the new recipes the same way? Kind of lame to ask for us to master these 2 recipes on top of the cruise event, when they won't be requested and will just take up precious counter space that could be used for requested recipes. My cruise hasn't asked for them yet, has anyone's?

Mine hasn't. I notice it never asks for recipes from the pizza oven or valentines oven either.

fatbearsecondary
06-08-15, 06:28 AM
Mine hasn't. I notice it never asks for recipes from the pizza oven or valentines oven either.

Yeah, I've noticed the same. Wish I didn't have a counter filled with thousands of coins of meat lovers pizza :(

infinitelove19
06-08-15, 07:08 AM
I've mastered both the Shawarma and Kebabs. There aren't any goals for these items, so my theory atm is that they are just an opportunity to earn extra stars AND have some variety in dishes to make.

As for the poorly named Chocolate Pyramid Cake (which in the pop-up before starting the cruise is referred to as "Pistachio Pyramid Cake") it looks to be a permanent addition upon successful completion of the ten-day cruise event. I REALLY hope there isn't some discrepancy, like the dish looks chocolate, is called chocolate but then the recipe asks for pistachios... so when we get Nefertiti and she visits, I sure hope she doesn't drop cocoa beans. I could kinda see this happening.

cquinn32
06-08-15, 07:16 AM
I've mastered both the Shawarma and Kebabs. There aren't any goals for these items, so my theory atm is that they are just an opportunity to earn extra stars AND have some variety in dishes to make.

As for the poorly named Chocolate Pyramid Cake (which in the pop-up before starting the cruise is referred to as "Pistachio Pyramid Cake") it looks to be a permanent addition upon successful completion of the ten-day cruise event. I REALLY hope there isn't some discrepancy, like the dish looks chocolate, is called chocolate but then the recipe asks for pistachios... so when we get Nefertiti and she visits, I sure hope she doesn't drop cocoa beans. I could kinda see this happening.

I'm thinking that mastering those two dishes will have something to do with the two part goal in which you have to complete the Egyptian challenge first and then maybe master those recipes as step two. Idk just a thought.

KadeeDid
06-08-15, 07:28 AM
Thank you for volunteering for your community!my dad(a senior)volunteers 6 days a week at our local recycling drop off,just received an award for hours ,signed by Obama,at a lunch awards

Good for your dad. I have an uncle who is 90. He still volunteers at the hospital and for service groups.if no one else will chair a group, he steps up. One night he was out parking cars for an event.

infinitelove19
06-08-15, 07:29 AM
Note that each day costs a different number of gems to "finish now" (in middle of screen).
Typically a 1-coin dish only counts as 5 gems & a 4-coin dish counts as 60 gems towards that daily cost to "finish now".

Accordingly it is helpful to know how much credit you get for the various number of coins for each day to better plan which to complete, which to deliver, which to save for tomorrow and which to refresh.

It is also worth noting that BEFORE delivering your last dish for 'today' it is helpful to also fill the other two orders being asked for and/or refresh those items until they are ones you can do and count as either 3 or 4 coins to give you a head start on 'tomorrow'. Also good between days to stock up on long-cook, high-credit dishes like french dip sandwich, baked potato, and for higher levels lobster thermidor, tuna casserole, etc.

To not have dishes sell-out to customers that you would rather save for the cruise, I recommend having only one chair out. This will sell food at a very slow rate.
Blocking one's door has been discouraged by TL saying it is connected to glitches involving whole counters of food disappearing completely. (I had this happen after blocking my door and will not be doing it again.)

4 coins = ? (Maybe 48?)
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = 3 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

Typically the gem-value of each dish increases as the total gems required increases, but for the last few days this is not the case. I think we will see changes moving forward, but who knows?!?!

ghjvcucjb
06-08-15, 10:57 AM

I think you're being funny but not sure, just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but in case you're really asking, the description said Nefertiti will drop pistachios for the cake and the cake will earn you gems

ghjvcucjb
06-08-15, 11:01 AM
Note that each day costs a different number of gems to "finish now" (in middle of screen).
Typically a 1-coin dish only counts as 5 gems & a 4-coin dish counts as 60 gems towards that daily cost to "finish now".

Accordingly it is helpful to know how much credit you get for the various number of coins for each day to better plan which to complete, which to deliver, which to save for tomorrow and which to refresh.

It is also worth noting that BEFORE delivering your last dish for 'today' it is helpful to also fill the other two orders being asked for and/or refresh those items until they are ones you can do and count as either 3 or 4 coins to give you a head start on 'tomorrow'. Also good between days to stock up on long-cook, high-credit dishes like french dip sandwich, baked potato, and for higher levels lobster thermidor, tuna casserole, etc.

To not have dishes sell-out to customers that you would rather save for the cruise, I recommend having only one chair out. This will sell food at a very slow rate.
Blocking one's door has been discouraged by TL saying it is connected to glitches involving whole counters of food disappearing completely. (I had this happen after blocking my door and will not be doing it again.)

4 coins = ? (Maybe 48?)
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = 3 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

Day 4: 250 gems reauired to "finish now"

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

Typically the gem-value of each dish increases as the total gems required increases, but for the last few days this is not the case. I think we will see changes moving forward, but who knows?!?!
This is a HUGE help! Thank you for posting it. I almost sent out a hard earned 4 ship (coins) item when I only had 15 gems left on the progress bar. Thank you guys for posting this info yesterday and making me realize this more efficient system. Now if the refresh was only a few minutes and not half an hour.

infinitelove19
06-08-15, 11:12 AM
This is a HUGE help! Thank you for posting it. I almost sent out a hard earned 4 ship (coins) item when I only had 15 gems left on the progress bar. Thank you guys for posting this info yesterday and making me realize this more efficient system. Now if the refresh was only a few minutes and not half an hour.

You are most welcome. Happy to help! :-)

infinitelove19
06-08-15, 11:21 AM
I think you're being funny but not sure, just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet, but in case you're really asking, the description said Nefertiti will drop pistachios for the cake and the cake will earn you gems

I wasn't being funny... more that I find it funny (strange and peculiar) that they are calling it CHOCOLATE Pyramid Cake, when by all indications it is a PISTACHIO Pyramid Cake. It is like they were going to do one, then changed their minds, but only changed half the coding/labels involved. I am just concerned that the ingredient required and the ingredient actually provided may not match. I'm sure they'll fix it, but will they also change the name and picture so it is consistently Pistachio Pyramid Cake, or perhaps stick with Chocolate, change the recipe and have Nefertiti drop cocoa beans. It's just bizarre.

minndom
06-08-15, 12:53 PM
I have to give this one up.:( i just leveled up to 25 and I get too many requests for stuff I haven't been able to unlock.

KadeeDid
06-08-15, 01:33 PM
I just discovered it too. When you click on the event area, next to the progress bar it says how many gems you need to finish. When you turn in food and fill up the progress bar, the gem amount goes down. For example, a one ship dish, when added, reduces the total gem amount by 5 gems. Therefore a 1 ship dish is worth 5 gems. If you need 10 gems to finish the day, you will need to make 2 1 ship dishes. You don't want to make a 4 ship dish which is worth between 35-40 gems because that would be a waste. Does that make sense?

Thank you soooo much! I just noticed that. I noticed the gem amount being reduced. I had never had a request with more than 2 ships showing but now received one for green peppers showing 4 ships. Is that an indication?

I have a weather migraine right now so vision is wonky. Trying to distract myself. Had to cancel going out tonight to an event.

kimberly0822
06-08-15, 02:12 PM
Constant crashes with this new update..anyone else? Previous versions never crashed!

shedenh
06-08-15, 02:24 PM
Constant crashes with this new update..anyone else? Previous versions never crashed!

Mine freezes every time I log in. Have to do it twice for the game to work

007war
06-08-15, 02:31 PM

Same thing happens to me. Crashes began after they changed the recipe during the Spring Fling event. Very irritating!

travelingcircus
06-08-15, 04:34 PM
I thought it was just me, but it freezes and crashes all the time since the new event started. Very annoying....

dalielahdawn
06-08-15, 08:54 PM
Anyone know off hand how many coins ginger tea is worth? Wondering if I should bother learning it or just hang on to the lemons, hoping they ask for them.

ellyse99
06-08-15, 09:41 PM
I'm trying to stack the longer cooking dishes on my counters so I have them ready for the order. I do remove my chairs and keep the customers out, I know they said not to do that last time around and it was creating problems because it isn't the way the game is intended to be played but if I don't keep the food on my counters, I don't stand a chance at completing these types of events. I wish we could have a refrigerator or some sort of food storage that would allow us to precook but prevent it from being served until we are ready.

Well, I see that nobody has suggested removing all the tables and chairs... Or if there's a minimum (1 chair and 1 table?), just keep that out and store the rest, so you can't really serve any customers.

cocoquillette
06-08-15, 10:29 PM
Well, I see that nobody has suggested removing all the tables and chairs... Or if there's a minimum (1 chair and 1 table?), just keep that out and store the rest, so you can't really serve any customers.
Iyou can store your chairs, but it's a pain to move back. Just put your chairs far from the tables or turn them around.

Ginger tea is 4 coins, and a very inetresting recipe to use your spice as it has over 1300 servings.

shedenh
06-08-15, 10:58 PM
20774here is the drink menu
Anyone know off hand how many coins ginger tea is worth? Wondering if I should bother learning it or just hang on to the lemons, hoping they ask for them.

tywin111
06-09-15, 12:23 AM

Ginger tea worth 4 coins. If you have extra ginger to spare then its worth the cost. Downside is it requires 5 hours to cook. So two cooking of ginger tea take 10 hrs total. Other than that its fine.

mermaidzen
06-09-15, 12:26 AM

Ginger tea is 4 coins just had lemons come up can't remember if they were 2 or 3 coins. I know I refreshed as would take ages to get 10 as can only collect 2 at a time and ginger tea only takes 2 at a time.

infinitelove19
06-09-15, 01:14 AM

I recommend using 1 table & chair in my monstaer post from yesterday. I think the 'glitch' comes into play when there is NO food selling to customers, as the game wasn't intended to be played that way. I find it easiest to store all my chairs, but one, and then I can put them back out as I see fit - like when Cid is trying to visit!! Food will sell, but very slowly. Gives me a chance to stock up.

infinitelove19
06-09-15, 01:20 AM
So Day 5 is trying to test my resolve not to use the refresh button!! The deli makes 7 dishes. I have multiple thousands of 3 of those dishes on my counters. Does the catering ask for any of those? Noooooooooo! Instead it is simultaneously asking for Salmon Sushi, Greek Salad, and Cobb Salad. I will not succumb to 'refresh'. LOL

Xialio
06-09-15, 03:39 AM
I have turned the chairs around on most of mi tables and just left 4 in use, so there's still some food moving through the mi restaurant and cid and Lilly have a chair too, also neighbours can still tip with tables still being in place :). Blocking ur door don't do anything unless ur actually ingame, as soon as u log out the game continues to play as normal, and full amount of tables serve food, which for these events stockpiling is the answer to actually completing and with tips and advice from the players who use this forum I believe I may actually be able to finish this cruise event lol

whistle20134
06-09-15, 04:57 AM
I have exactly the same problem.very irritating especially if you're trying to do a quick catch during the day!

mermaidzen
06-09-15, 05:24 AM
I have loads of dishes sitting on my counters some low coin dishes some high. Have just finished day four now got to wait 12 hrs for day 5. 3 of my 4 stoves are full and ready to serve 1 with a 4 coin the other 2 with 3 coin dishes, the 4th needs stew so will cook that on my 2 cookers as soon as they have finished ready to send them tomorrow. I just might finish this one, it will be the first cruise i will finish

mermaidzen
06-09-15, 06:18 AM
Does anyone know if you get a star for a dish if you send it straight to the cruise without putting it on a counter first. As still need to master some dishes and want to know if it's worth using my master spice on them if I know they will go straight to the cruise.

Xialio
06-09-15, 07:03 AM
Does anyone know if you get a star for a dish if you send it straight to the cruise without putting it on a counter first. As still need to master some dishes and want to know if it's worth using my master spice on them if I know they will go straight to the cruise.

cooking and sending to boat still adds towards mastery, I tried this miself to be sure and still got mastery points for cooking, adding a spice tbh for boat orders mi hasn't done, saving em up for other events :)

mermaidzen
06-09-15, 07:48 AM
cooking and sending to boat still adds towards mastery, I tried this miself to be sure and still got mastery points for cooking, adding a spice tbh for boat orders mi hasn't done, saving em up for other events :)
Thanks might keep my spice for other dishes

bobbyrae
06-09-15, 08:06 AM
So Day 5 is trying to test my resolve not to use the refresh button!! The deli makes 7 dishes. I have multiple thousands of 3 of those dishes on my counters. Does the catering ask for any of those? Noooooooooo! Instead it is simultaneously asking for Salmon Sushi, Greek Salad, and Cobb Salad. I will not succumb to 'refresh'. LOL i just accidentally sent some salmon sushi to the ship and ended up having to refresh that slot because I realised I wouldn't be able to complete that one for many many hours. Sigh....wish there was an undo button :(

infinitelove19
06-09-15, 11:16 AM
i just accidentally sent some salmon sushi to the ship and ended up having to refresh that slot because I realised I wouldn't be able to complete that one for many many hours. Sigh....wish there was an undo button :(

Oh, darn! Hope you at least got something good in its place. My salmon is the last item I need for today & ready to deliver. I'll send it just as soon as my Prime Rib is done. Got it and peas all ready for tomorrow (both 4-coin dishes). Good times!

txangel1109
06-09-15, 11:30 AM
I tried that too. But I got real upset when my creme brulet was 1649/1650. I had to cook another whole batch for just 1 serving. Now I just turn all my chairs around and block the door. If I have time I move the blockage and feed cid and the gang. Lol.

mermaidzen
06-09-15, 12:10 PM
Wish they would do a counter sale as could do with some more counters but my next one is ?100 which is just not worth it

mermaidzen
06-09-15, 03:34 PM
One of my neighbours used gems and has finished the event and said if she remembers right you had to master the new dishes to get the cake. Thought might help those who are not sure what to do about the new dishes.

cristin30
06-09-15, 05:52 PM
Mine does that too. I've found that if I completely close out the game before I start playing, then I don't have to wait for it to crash and restart. I hope that helps.

cristin30
06-09-15, 05:56 PM

Mine crashes every time I start the game after the latest update, but I've noticed that if I completely close out the game and exit before turning it on again, then I don't have to wait for it to crash and restart. I hope this helps.

shedenh
06-09-15, 06:53 PM
Mine crashes every time I start the game after the latest update, but I've noticed that if I completely close out the game and exit before turning it on again, then I don't have to wait for it to crash and restart. I hope this helps.

I think they fixed it. Mine has worked great all day ��

mermaidzen
06-10-15, 12:09 AM
Ok I am on day 5 and need 40 more gems. Anyone know what each coin is worth so know what to send to finish this day.

Robyna990
06-10-15, 01:42 AM
One of my neighbours used gems and has finished the event and said if she remembers right you had to master the new dishes to get the cake. Thought might help those who are not sure what to do about the new dishes.

Does she know how many gems gives the cake?

mermaidzen
06-10-15, 01:51 AM
I will ask her

bobbyrae
06-10-15, 04:09 AM
Ok I am on day 5 and need 40 more gems. Anyone know what each coin is worth so know what to send to finish this day.
See post #105.

dalielahdawn
06-10-15, 04:32 AM
If all my counters are fulland I have two like-dishes on appliances ready that the boat wants... Say the boat wants 150 servings of them, and I have 200. When I add them to the boat, where does the other 50 extra servings go, if my counters are full and they can't be added there. Do we not get a chance to get paid for the remaining dishes?
Lmao, probably a very confusing question... Haven't had my coffee yet.

bobbyrae
06-10-15, 04:57 AM
If all my counters are fulland I have two like-dishes on appliances ready that the boat wants... Say the boat wants 150 servings of them, and I have 200. When I add them to the boat, where does the other 50 extra servings go, if my counters are full and they can't be added there. Do we not get a chance to get paid for the remaining dishes?
Lmao, probably a very confusing question... Haven't had my coffee yet. the 50 should remain on the counter. Not sure what happens if the counters are full though. Maybe they stay on the stove?

ariffraff
06-10-15, 05:44 AM
The extra 50 servings will just disappear.

esmerelda35
06-10-15, 06:20 AM
Yes, has happened to me a few times with all my counters full - the extra servings just disappear - no coins. The price to be paid for stock-piling up for the event! Now before I go to add a dish to the cruise that will complete the delivery with some leftover, I look at everything on my counters and see if there are any that are close to being finished that I can either delete or use a quick serve on, so that I have an available counter.

bobbyrae
06-10-15, 06:22 AM
Day 6: 300 coins to finish "now"

4 coins : 60 gems
3 coins : 35 gems
2 coins : 15 gems
1 coin : 5 gems

pythan
06-10-15, 08:08 AM
Day 1
1 coin dishes = 3 gems :)

Hi I a new player to this catering event
Pls advise how I know whether this dish is a one coin rated or two coin rated?
Thanks

catfoodie
06-10-15, 08:32 AM
Thanks

See how below the onions there are 4 coins (little circle with ship inside)? Depending on the dish there would be 4,3,2 or 1 coin.

bobbyrae
06-10-15, 08:34 AM
Thanks

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/ccdf23195aa3f205f5d3cf87a0c1beea.jpg

In the image above, the antipasto platter delivery is worth 3 coins which will take the gems down by 35.
The Greek salad is worth 2 coins when delivered so will take the gems down by 15.
So once I have completed both those deliveries, all I will need to complete day six are two deliveries worth 1 coin (5 gems) each. I can then, before making the last delivery to the ship for the day try to set up the other two orders (by refreshing them) so that I have two 4 coin deliveries waiting overnight. I can then try to work on having them ready and waiting to deliver when day 7 unlocks for me tomorrow. This saves me time and effort in the long run.

xxangelmariexxx
06-10-15, 09:49 AM
See how below the onions there are 4 coins (little circle with ship inside)? Depending on the dish there would be 4,3,2 or 1 coin.

What that 2nd dish? Never seen that one

bobbyrae
06-10-15, 10:10 AM
What that 2nd dish? Never seen that one

Ginger snaps

infinitelove19
06-10-15, 10:48 AM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/ccdf23195aa3f205f5d3cf87a0c1beea.jpg

In the image above, the antipasto platter delivery is worth 3 coins which will take the gems down by 35.
The Greek salad is worth 2 coins when delivered so will take the gems down by 15.
So once I have completed both those deliveries, all I will need to complete day six are two deliveries worth 1 coin (5 gems) each. I can then, before making the last delivery to the ship for the day try to set up the other two orders (by refreshing them) so that I have two 4 coin deliveries waiting overnight. I can then try to work on having them ready and waiting to deliver when day 7 unlocks for me tomorrow. This saves me time and effort in the long run.

Wow!! Fabulous image and description bobbyrae! Thanks so much for doing that. (((I'm just going to post the daily gem requirements and my advice on completing the cruise below.)))

Summary explanation of the cruise catering event:

Blocking one's door (or turning all chairs around, or removing all tables and/or chairs) has been discouraged by TL saying it is connected to glitches involving whole counters of food disappearing completely. (I had this happen after blocking my door and will not be doing it again.)

4 coins = ? (Maybe 48?)
3 coins = 26/27 gems
2 coins = 11 gems
1 coin = 3 gems

--------------------

Day 6: 300 gems to "finish now"
Day 7: 300 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

----------------------------

In previous cruises the gem-value of each dish changed from day-to-day, but during this cruise it has been the same for days 2-7.
We may see changes moving forward, but who knows?!?!

fatbearsecondary
06-10-15, 10:58 AM
Infinite and bobbyrae, you guys are treasures. TL should be paying you, since you're doing their work and putting together clear, logical guides to their events. Thanks so much!

kimberly0822
06-10-15, 12:14 PM
I removed all the tables..left the chairs. Customers come in and go right back out!

Xialio
06-10-15, 01:41 PM
I removed all the tables..left the chairs. Customers come in and go right back out!

you can still leave ur tables in, and neighbours can still tip ;), turn ur chairs around and customers do the same......wander in and then out again lol

SparklyOctopus
06-10-15, 01:45 PM
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the awesome discussion regarding the Egyptian Catering Event! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Kebabs and the Shawarma are just fun limited time recipes to add to the ambiance of the Egyptian Catering Event. You do not have to master them if you do not want to. Do note that in order to unlock the Chocolate Pyramid Cake, you will need to unlock Nefertiti. :)

cathycathy1
06-10-15, 02:55 PM

Thank you for clarifying. Is there any reason they can't stick around?

kgp70282
06-10-15, 03:27 PM
Are there certain recipes that this event uses??

007war
06-10-15, 03:29 PM

I already mastered both recipes. Will they disappear after the event?

kgp70282
06-10-15, 03:30 PM
Also I have 100 gems should I hold on to them or use them to work on the next goals I still have 8 hrs left until i am able to do more

kgp70282
06-10-15, 04:05 PM
I believe they will be gone you get to keep pyramid cake

pythan
06-10-15, 05:28 PM

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation
It is very useful n let me understands how the game goes

Kirrawynne
06-10-15, 05:32 PM
Thank you all for your information on this! I feel like I might have a shot at completing this!

A refrigerator is a brilliant idea. Even if they capped it at 5 slots, it would help immensely.

I play this game and Castle Story, which is also having an event right now, and for those of us who can't stay logged in all the time or check several times per hour, it would be helpful to have ways to help during events. I get frustrated and I am sure I complain about stuff but it's nice to at least have a fighting chance of completing events without spending hundreds of dollars on gems.

I've got two four coin items primed for tomorrow. I assume for the third spot we just have to leave what is given in the third spot until the next day?

bobbyrae
06-10-15, 07:36 PM
I've got two four coin items primed for tomorrow. I assume for the third spot we just have to leave what is given in the third spot until the next day? you'll pretty much always have that one order you can't really control. Once you complete that last order that's it for the day. No more refreshing is allowed.

deucedeuce22
06-10-15, 11:02 PM
you'll pretty much always have that one order you can't really control. Once you complete that last order that's it for the day. No more refreshing is allowed.

Not really true, but it takes some effort and a few gems. Get your finish now with gems to as low as possible, then refresh that last order to get what you want, then finish the day with gems. Tomorrow I have 3 4 coin dishes ready to go because I finished my day with 5 gems instead of turning in another order and leaving it to the game to decide my last slot.

infinitelove19
06-11-15, 01:00 AM
Are there certain recipes that this event uses??

Also I have 100 gems should I hold on to them or use them to work on the next goals I still have 8 hrs left until i am able to do more

Cruise events seem to use all recipes, but which specifically depends in your level. It won't ask for recipes you cannot unlock, but it may ask for recioes you haven't unlocked. Between days I try to stock up on long cook-time recipes. Anything with longer than 4 hour cook time.

As for your gems, I would recommend saving them. The days get more challenging closer to the end, and you can use them like quick-serves to speed up recipes. Also if you use gems to start tomorrow early, it just means you'll have to wait even longer before the next day starts, so if you're going to do that, do it only to start the last day early. That is what I would recommend.

In the meantime, have a look at post 152 with various tips and tricks. Good luck!

chewingmilk
06-11-15, 08:11 AM
I'm excited..!! I think I'm going to make it this time..!! Fingers crossed..!!

dalielahdawn
06-11-15, 08:24 AM
Seems like the closer I get to end the more one and two coin orders I get. I have counters loaded with 3 and four coin foods, but all it asked for is eggs Benedict and lettuce. Grrr.

pythan
06-11-15, 08:36 AM
Not really true, but it takes some effort and a few gems. Get your finish now with gems to as low as possible, then refresh that last order to get what you want, then finish the day with gems. Tomorrow I have 3 4 coin dishes ready to go because I finished my day with 5 gems instead of turning in another order and leaving it to the game to decide my last slot.

Sorry I do not understand the above statement
Can you try to explain again?
I am stuck in day 2 as I do not have the ingredients to cook
N keep on refreshing for easier dishes

Also pls advise how can I proceed faster ?
Thank you

travelingcircus
06-11-15, 08:42 AM
It would be nice if the daily coin count was included in the first post with other relevant info so we didn't have to search for it everyday in the mass of posts.��

shedenh
06-11-15, 08:54 AM
Seems like the closer I get to end the more one and two coin orders I get. I have counters loaded with 3 and four coin foods, but all it asked for is eggs Benedict and lettuce. Grrr.

I know same here! I have refreshed so many times and can't get any 4 coin items.

deucedeuce22
06-11-15, 08:59 AM

Thank you

Where it says finish now for X amount of coins, get X as low as possible. Now refresh all your options until you get three 4 coin dishes. Take the rest of the day to complete those orders, turn them in but do NOT deliver them. Then spend your few gems to finish the day, saving all your 4 coin dishes for the next day.

bobbyrae
06-11-15, 10:55 AM
It would be nice if the daily coin count was included in the first post with other relevant info so we didn't have to search for it everyday in the mass of posts.��

It's actually there now. Today is 300 gems to finish. The same values remain - 4 coins =60 gems etc.

bobbyrae
06-11-15, 10:56 AM
I know same here! I have refreshed so many times and can't get any 4 coin items.

Just run with the two and one coins. The time will pass anyway and you'll earn something instead of wasting half hour earning nothing towards delivery.

bobbyrae
06-11-15, 11:12 AM

Thank you

In other words:
In the image above I need 60 gems to finish for the day.
If I make the two deliveries (3 coin antipasto & 2 coin Greek salad) then I will need to make deliveries worth 10 gems to finish for the day.

What deuce is suggesting is that you refresh until you get a 1 coin order. 1 coin orders are worth 5 gems.

Once that is completed, you will then have a remaining 5 gems needed to finish for the day. He suggests that, instead of making another 1 coin delivery, you refresh all three order slots until you get them with 4 coin orders for food in each slot. Then you hit the "purple finish now for 5 gems" and finish for the day.
You would then work on filling all three of those 4 coin orders and have them ready for delivery to the ship the next day.
It costs you 5 gems but some players think it is worth it to have three completed 4 coin slots waiting just to be delivered the next day.

fatbearsecondary
06-11-15, 11:34 AM
It costs you 5 gems but some players think it is worth it to have three completed 4 coin slots waiting just to be delivered the next day.

I like it because it lets you spend just a few gems to get some more control over the situation. None of this 200 gems for an extra slot nonsense. Plus, it's great if you have one particular day you know will be bad bc of real life, you can preload that day to give yourself an edge. Also useful as the last few days tend to be quite tough, compared with the first few. It's a great idea, overall! Not for everyone, but more options is always better.

shedenh
06-11-15, 12:16 PM
Just run with the two and one coins. The time will pass anyway and you'll earn something instead of wasting half hour earning nothing towards delivery.

I am trying to set up for tomorrow. I have today finished when I deliver but wanted to get a 4 coin for a start in the morning. Seems all I can get are 1 and 2 coin foods

bobbyrae
06-11-15, 12:51 PM
I am trying to set up for tomorrow. I have today finished when I deliver but wanted to get a 4 coin for a start in the morning. Seems all I can get are 1 and 2 coin foods
Same thing happened to me yesterday. They're onto us. :rolleyes:

nmishii
06-11-15, 12:58 PM
In other words:
In the image above I need 60 gems to finish for the day.
If I make the two deliveries (3 coin antipasto & 2 coin Greek salad) then I will need to make deliveries worth 10 gems to finish for the day.

What deuce is suggesting is that you refresh until you get a 1 coin order. 1 coin orders are worth 5 gems.

Once that is completed, you will then have a remaining 5 gems needed to finish for the day. He suggests that, instead of making another 1 coin delivery, you refresh all three order slots until you get them with 4 coin orders for food in each slot. Then you hit the "purple finish now for 5 gems" and finish for the day.
You would then work on filling all three of those 4 coin orders and have them ready for delivery to the ship the next day.

You can also fill your coin deliveries before you pay the 5 gems (send the last delivery if you don't care what random delivery you'll get to start the next day), then you will have the deliveries collected and not taking up pantry, appliance, and/or counter space while you wait for the next day.

I try to start the day with two 3-4 coin deliveries ready to go and one random one. I can still get done with plenty of time. However, I'm going to have a busy weekend and may try the 5 gem approach for the 10th day. I got a 9th hammer yesterday and will wait for the last day to upgrade my seafood shop, so I'll have the extra refresh on the ingredients.

SparklyOctopus
06-11-15, 02:05 PM
Thank you for clarifying. Is there any reason they can't stick around?

At this time, those recipes are just a fun addition to the event. I'll let the team know you're interested in those recipes being more permanent, though!

I already mastered both recipes. Will they disappear after the event?

Congrats on mastering those recipes! These recipes are limited, so they will disappear after the event is over.

Robyna990
06-11-15, 02:47 PM
I don't want to brag but this is my situation for tomorrow morning. 2086120861

mermaidzen
06-11-15, 03:10 PM
That would be great I have to remember which page I was on and then scroll through to find the posts with coin count and then still sometimes miss it

mermaidzen
06-11-15, 03:20 PM
All set for tomorrow. I also have 1 helper so use that once I have 4 3-4 coin dishes ready. I have 1 stew cooking now and hope to put second on soon. I didn't get this far with the first cruise and missed the second one.

mermaidzen
06-11-15, 03:27 PM
One of the good things about this event is that I have been cooking the dishes that take a long time and I don't often cook as it means I don't have food on counters so am able to gain loads of stars.
Here's my place with the counters full with food (lots of money when cruise leaves lol)

bobbyrae
06-11-15, 04:23 PM
You can also fill your coin deliveries before you pay the 5 gems (send the last delivery if you don't care what random delivery you'll get to start the next day), then you will have the deliveries collected and not taking up pantry, appliance, and/or counter space while you wait for the next day.

I try to start the day with two 3-4 coin deliveries ready to go and one random one. I can still get done with plenty of time. However, I'm going to have a busy weekend and may try the 5 gem approach for the 10th day. I got a 9th hammer yesterday and will wait for the last day to upgrade my seafood shop, so I'll have the extra refresh on the ingredients.
Thanks for adding that bit nmishii. :)

cuted1011
06-11-15, 04:38 PM

It is worth 4. I had same debate over learning Pink Lemonade which is a 3 but then I caved in and just kept it on my counter and got lucky that I could use it the next day when it was ready.

pythan
06-11-15, 05:01 PM
Where it says finish now for X amount of coins, get X as low as possible. Now refresh all your options until you get three 4 coin dishes. Take the rest of the day to complete those orders, turn them in but do NOT deliver them. Then spend your few gems to finish the day, saving all your 4 coin dishes for the next day.

Thanks for the explanation
I understand it now
Any suggestion on improving my speed as I m stick in day2
I realise 4 com dish are those dish which I has not learn
N will take long time to learn
But for 3 coin dish I m struggling to get materials

infinitelove19
06-11-15, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the explanation
I understand it now
Any suggestion on improving my speed as I m stick in day2
I realise 4 com dish are those dish which I has not learn
N will take long time to learn
But for 3 coin dish I m struggling to get materials

I am also playing on my second account at a lower level. I find even if it will take eight hours (or sometimes more) it can be worth it. Fill one order & be quicker the next time it asks for it. Setting timers, refreshing as needed and definitely fill 1 & 2 coin orders as you will make progress, plus you won't have to wait 30 minutes for it to refresh.

Also make good use of your street market to get items with longer restock times.

LonePudding
06-11-15, 11:18 PM

I have a great start for today too! (I'm one day behind) That's 95 gems away from the total already!

First stew will be ready by the time the new day starts, and I can get more cooking. My second stove is occupied by the shawarma I'm trying to master.

LonePudding
06-11-15, 11:37 PM
Do one coin orders always require 3 batches? I used hamburgers to end my day and it asked for 50 servings when you only get 20 per cook. Is it always like this? I never notice since I always skip 1 coin orders lol

cocoquillette
06-12-15, 12:01 AM
So far, only the hamburger asks for 3 batches, I do quite a few 1 coin dishes (it's quicker than refreshing) : yogourt, OJ, little cakes...
Last cruise, they were asking for master recipe (the big sandwich...) and I haven't been asked for any of these this time, has anyone had to make some of these recipe?

fahrensland
06-12-15, 12:02 AM
Do one coin orders always require 3 batches? I used hamburgers to end my day and it asked for 50 servings when you only get 20 per cook. Is it always like this? I never notice since I always skip 1 coin orders lol

No they usually don't require 3, so for whatever reason hamburgers is the only one that does! :)

I do 1 coin orders even though they yield so little return only because I can usually do them faster than the 30 min wait to refresh.

bobbyrae
06-12-15, 04:55 AM
Day 8 is 400 gems. So far the coin value is the same : 4 coins - 60 gems etc.

Lenkapon
06-12-15, 06:47 AM
Hello... I'm a new player so and I'm away from my restaurant when the event appeared (I've not open the restaurant since months)
So when I'm log in to my restaurant, the event started, or it has been started when it's been add to the game and I have lost time from the event?

Xialio
06-12-15, 08:13 AM
Hello... I'm a new player so and I'm away from my restaurant when the event appeared (I've not open the restaurant since months)
So when I'm log in to my restaurant, the event started, or it has been started when it's been add to the game and I have lost time from the event?

The event starts at the same time for everyone, if u have missed the last few days ur going to have to cook fast to catch up lol :)

Xialio
06-12-15, 08:19 AM
heh thx for the burger info ^^ few posts up there, just wondered miself y burgers take 3 servings to fill boat lol

Just a quick question, is it normal to get more 1/2 coin dishes at this stage of cruise, haven't got this far before and haven't had a 3/4 coin dish all day :(

LonePudding
06-12-15, 09:18 AM
No they usually don't require 3, so for whatever reason hamburgers is the only one that does! :)

I do 1 coin orders even though they yield so little return only because I can usually do them faster than the 30 min wait to refresh.

How strange. I guess I should start doing one coin orders now, I never thought that I might actually be able to finish it faster than a refresh. Thanks!

infinitelove19
06-12-15, 09:19 AM
The event starts at the same time for everyone, if u have missed the last few days ur going to have to cook fast to catch up lol :)

Actually, it doesn't. It appeared (I think) on Friday afternoon, a week ago. I have three different accounts and staggered them so I started each 2 days apart.

That said, it does auto-start at some point, not sure when that happened, possibly Wednesday???
So, anyone finding it now should only be a few days behind, and they can tell by looking at the icon in the corner of the screen (or the top of the catering page) for how many days you have left. Keep in mind the days begin/end at midnight Pacific time (L.A./Vancouver)
As you get down to the last two days, it will count down in hours.

TL, can you tell us what time on which day the event auto-started? And which day it will end for those whose games auto-started?

infinitelove19
06-12-15, 09:25 AM
How strange. I guess I should start doing one coin orders now, I never thought that I might actually be able to finish it faster than a refresh. Thanks!

I only ever skip the yogurt parfait, as the sugar is often better used elsewhere. Otherwise, I always do all orders unless it really isn't feasible, or I do not have the equipment or shop necessary. My lower level accounts have 'access' to the fish market, salad bar & commercial oven, but I don't have enough coins to access/buy them.

bobbyrae
06-12-15, 09:51 AM
I only ever skip the yogurt parfait, as the sugar is often better used elsewhere. Otherwise, I always do all orders unless it really isn't feasible, or I do not have the equipment or shop necessary. My lower level accounts have 'access' to the fish market, salad bar & commercial oven, but I don't have enough coins to access/buy them.

I tend to do all orders too, unless it's the end of the day and I really want to line up two 4 coin orders or something. For some reason I always seem to have enough sugar now so I just keep yogurt on my counters since I haven't mastered that one as yet. I 'm using this as an opportunity to just master the yogurt and be finished with it.

infinitelove19
06-12-15, 11:32 AM
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/85857462-ae72-4c24-b94b-21ec412e92d3_zpswpu3xqcn.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/68d34637-2abf-40c3-81a1-faa11061cc3d_zpsnf34rkai.jpg

So... CHOCOLATE Pyramid Cake, made with Pistachios and no chocolate. I sure hope this isn't a trend. You know: blueberry pie, but made with strawberries, steak & potatoes, but made with chicken, and who could forget carrot ginger soup, but made with celery. It would get pretty confusing (and ridiculous) pretty quickly!

Actually, I think there should be a carrot ginger soup, but made with carrots. Yum! ;-)
Chocolate would be good, too. Maybe have ice cream and a milkshake, and cake, but where would the chocolate come from...?

travelingcircus
06-12-15, 11:44 AM
Thanks for putting gem info in first post! Very much appreciated.

As far as the chocolate pistachio thing, apparently there must have been a few different people working on this who had different ideas and didn't coordinate. Lol

ariffraff
06-12-15, 12:34 PM
Day 6: 300 coins to finish "now"

4 coins : 60 gems
3 coins : 35 gems
2 coins : 15 gems
1 coin : 5 gems

Since it was so far back in the conversation I wanted to move it.

infinitelove19
06-12-15, 12:42 PM
Since it was so far back in the conversation I wanted to move it.

It's also posted at the top of the first page now. :-)

& Day 8 requires 400 gems. Credit for coins stays the same. 4 coins = 60 gems and so forth....

nephthys82
06-12-15, 03:51 PM
& Day 8 requires 400 gems. Credit for coins stays the same. 4 coins = 60 gems and so forth....

Thank you so much to all the people posting this info. I'm a day behind you on this cruise, and it's really useful to be able to check what Team Lava have in store for me tomorrow!

bobbyrae
06-12-15, 06:04 PM
Thank you so much to all the people posting this info. I'm a day behind you on this cruise, and it's really useful to be able to check what Team Lava have in store for me tomorrow!

Sure. Just remember it's updated on the first post as well.

bobbyrae
06-12-15, 06:06 PM
So... CHOCOLATE Pyramid Cake, made with Pistachios and no chocolate. I sure hope this isn't a trend. You know: blueberry pie, but made with strawberries, steak & potatoes, but made with chicken, and who could forget carrot ginger soup, but made with celery. It would get pretty confusing (and ridiculous) pretty quickly!

Actually, I think there should be a carrot ginger soup, but made with carrots. Yum! ;-)
Chocolate would be good, too. Maybe have ice cream and a milkshake, and cake, but where would the chocolate come from...?
I've been wondering if maybe the pistachios are really chocolates shaped like pistachios. Or if it's some special chocolate that comes from pistachios. I suppose we shall all just have ro wait and see.

shedenh
06-13-15, 12:43 AM
Does anyone know what day 10 consist of yet? Good luck to everyone

ginourmous
06-13-15, 01:03 AM
Darn. This is the 3rd time it happens to me. I refresh something and wait 30 minutes just to get the same item back. Just flished 10 lemons ans 30 min later the darn lemons are back. When you refresh you should not get the same item back.

cri14
06-13-15, 02:25 AM
Wasn't paying great attention @ the start but I think..

Day 9 - 500 gems to finish
4 coin dish - 67/68 gems, 3 - 39, 2 - 16, 1 - 5/6

cnlsmommy
06-13-15, 05:04 AM
I accidentally cooked something on my stove and my counters are full. Is there anything I can do? Ugh!

ellyse99
06-13-15, 05:50 AM
I accidentally cooked something on my stove and my counters are full. Is there anything I can do? Ugh!

You mean, for the cruise? If your counters are full, then the extra portions just don't go onto a counter, they're trashed right away when you serve. You just lose the money that those extra portions would have made if they went on a counter. I do this pretty often, I have >7 million coins (used to be >9 million) so I don't really care if I lose some revenue.

If you mean just for normal cooking, then you can choose to leave the cooked dish on the stove till the food on one of your counters finishes selling and you have an empty counter to serve the new cooked dish onto. If you're in a hurry, then trash whichever dish on your counters that has the least total revenue, so you lose the least amount of money by trashing it. Either that, or you can use quick serves or gems to quick sell a dish that's already on a counter, but I always feel that this is one of the lousiest ways to use quick serves and gems, so I never do it.

ellyse99
06-13-15, 05:51 AM

Thanks for the update!

cnlsmommy
06-13-15, 05:55 AM
You mean, for the cruise? If your counters are full, then the extra portions just don't go onto a counter, they're trashed right away when you serve. You just lose the money that those extra portions would have made if they went on a counter. I do this pretty often, I have >7 million coins (used to be >9 million) so I don't really care if I lose some revenue.

If you mean just for normal cooking, then you can choose to leave the cooked dish on the stove till the food on one of your counters finishes selling and you have an empty counter to serve the new cooked dish onto. If you're in a hurry, then trash whichever dish on your counters that has the least total revenue, so you lose the least amount of money by trashing it. Either that, or you can use quick serves or gems to quick sell a dish that's already on a counter, but I always feel that this is one of the lousiest ways to use quick serves and gems, so I never do it.

I think I might just be stuck. It is for the cruise. My counters are full of lots and lots of high cook time dishes. On my stove is a serving of cheesecake. I really can't afford to trash anything on my counters, so I may just need to wait and hope I get a cheesecake order soon. I have another stove to cook on in the mean time, but of course the ship is calling for everything from that appliance. :(

infinitelove19
06-13-15, 06:56 AM

Day 9: 500 gems

4 coins = 67/68 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
2 coins = 16/17 gems
1 coin = 5/6 gems

Well, I am glad each dish is worth more now, but near the end it can be a little frustrating to not know if you're going to get the lower or higher value for the dish! This may be a good time to use a few gems set aside, in case you wind up with 1 gem to finish your day! :-)

(Oh, and I combined the values you got with the values I got, and combined them. Thanks for posting. It is especially good to have multiple people 'on it' in situations like this.)

infinitelove19
06-13-15, 06:57 AM
I think I might just be stuck. It is for the cruise. My counters are full of lots and lots of high cook time dishes. On my stove is a serving of cheesecake. I really can't afford to trash anything on my counters, so I may just need to wait and hope I get a cheesecake order soon. I have another stove to cook on in the mean time, but of course the ship is calling for everything from that appliance. :(

I'm guessing you cannot buy another counter? If you could, that'd solve things.
Hope you get a cheesecake order soon!

infinitelove19
06-13-15, 07:03 AM

4 coins = 67/68 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
2 coins = 16/17 gems
1 coin = 5/6 gems

Could someone from TL please update the first post with this, and that Day eight requires 400 gems with the same distribution of coins (4 coins = 60 gems, etc) as the last several days. Thanks!

infinitelove19
06-13-15, 07:09 AM
Did the restock time for lemons change over the course of thise event? It used to be 4 hours, and I swear I was given 4 coins for them a few days ago, but I noticed it only wants to give me 3 coins for lemons now, and even though I just collected them, there's under 2 hours left until they're ready.

ellyse99
06-13-15, 07:12 AM

Just had a look at yours. What's the counter with the least revenue, and how many coins would it be if you trash that? I see that you have stuff like steak and eggs, French dip and chicken Alfredo, which are pretty low coinage dishes. Even if the cruise asks for them, you could quickly make them again...with the exception of French dip.

ellyse99
06-13-15, 07:15 AM
Did the restock time for lemons change over the course of thise event? It used to be 4 hours, and I swear I was given 4 coins for them a few days ago, but I noticed it only wants to give me 3 coins for lemons now, and even though I just collected them, there's under 2 hours left until they're ready.

IIRC the refresh time for lemons has always been 2 hours. I remember because I used to have fruit shop at 1, ginger tea takes 5 hours, and I remember the refresh time worked quite well for me - as in, I can get just 2 lemons for the ginger tea in the time that it takes to cook ginger tea once.

gilachaya
06-13-15, 08:46 AM
Nefertiti drops 1 pistachio per visit. I just made the new chocolate cake and received 2 gems.

LonePudding
06-13-15, 08:53 AM
Nefertiti drops 1 pistachio per visit. I just made the new chocolate cake and received 2 gems.

Do the pistachios go into the normal pantry or the seasonal section? Thanks and well done for finishing! :)

somiemyhomie17
06-13-15, 09:15 AM

How often does she vist? Also how long does the cake cook?

cnlsmommy
06-13-15, 09:36 AM
Just had a look at yours. What's the counter with the least revenue, and how many coins would it be if you trash that? I see that you have stuff like steak and eggs, French dip and chicken Alfredo, which are pretty low coinage dishes. Even if the cruise asks for them, you could quickly make them again...with the exception of French dip.

Thanks for looking! I was actually lucky enough to get a cheesecake really fast!

ellyse99
06-13-15, 10:26 AM
Thanks for looking! I was actually lucky enough to get a cheesecake really fast!

Woohoo, grats!

orleansparish
06-13-15, 10:48 AM
This game is destroying me. I just had to expand and start learning onion soup, coq au vin and the other veggie dish and what does the ship do? Waste my time by asking for items I haven't even finished learning yet. The coq dish takes 2 days to learn. Just unlocked it yesterday and yet it's shown up FOUR times. Dorks!

Thankfully I have my counters full with the items that always appear. So I got through this day easily enough. Another 14 hours and I think ill be done in time. But I swear they're ****ing me asking for the same items over and over again.

gilachaya
06-13-15, 10:51 AM
Do the pistachios go into the normal pantry or the seasonal section? Thanks and well done for finishing! :)

Thank you! They go in the seasonal section so it doesn't use space in the regular pantry.

gilachaya
06-13-15, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure how often she visits but think she came twice since this morning. The cake takes 1 hour.

ellyse99
06-13-15, 11:00 AM
This game is destroying me. I just had to expand and start learning onion soup, coq au vin and the other veggie dish and what does the ship do? Waste my time by asking for items I haven't even finished learning yet. The coq dish takes 2 days to learn. Just unlocked it yesterday and yet it's shown up FOUR times. Dorks!

Thankfully I have my counters full with the items that always appear. So I got through this day easily enough. Another 14 hours and I think ill be done in time. But I swear they're ****ing me asking for the same items over and over again.

Meh :( well look at it this way, at least you'll be ready for the next cruise!
I learnt Coq Au Vin long ago, but I still refresh that, Lobster Bisque and Tuna Casserole. I have thousands of each on my counters, but I always put the 3-hour spice on them, so it's not worth it to give them to the cruise.

ellyse99
06-13-15, 11:12 AM

Tried to look at your restaurant and got one at level 2...???

Kirrawynne
06-13-15, 11:58 AM
Does anyone actually know what the coin count per day is? The whole thing about the gems is confusing to me. For instance, today, I have 40 gems to pay to "finish it now" for today but the whole thing about the gems really makes no sense. Is that like I need 8-1 coin dishes to equal that? Two four coin dishes is more than what is needed. Is there a count to know so I'm not wasting coins?

Does this make sense?

ellyse99
06-13-15, 12:13 PM
Does anyone actually know what the coin count per day is? The whole thing about the gems is confusing to me. For instance, today, I have 40 gems to pay to "finish it now" for today but the whole thing about the gems really makes no sense. Is that like I need 8-1 coin dishes to equal that? Two four coin dishes is more than what is needed. Is there a count to know so I'm not wasting coins?

Does this make sense?

The gem-to-coin amount changes from day to day and is also different for dishes of different coin value. So to answer your question, no, it's not possible to tell you how many coins each day is worth.

bobbyrae
06-13-15, 12:36 PM

Does this make sense?
The importance of reading through posts on threads like these cannot be stressed enough. Yes it is time consuming but it really is worth the time.

In your situation if you are on day 9 you would need maybe eight 1 coin deliveries

Or you could just complete it with maybe two 2 coin deliveries and two 1 coin dishes.

If you look at the first post of this thread you will see the different amounts "to finish now" for each day. Once you know the gem amount "to finish now" you can figure out how many coins/deliveries you will need to make per day. Today the gem number needed to finish is :

4 coins = 67/68 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
2 coins = 16/17 gems
1 coin = 5/6 gems

infinitelove19
06-13-15, 02:19 PM
I am at a high level, with my shops pretty well upgraded and a fair amount of some dishes on my counters, so I have given myself the challenge of doing every single thing that comes up - NO refreshing for a new order.

Just to update y'all on my "no refreshing" journey. I made it to the end of day eight, but on day 9 when Ratatouille popped up, and would have taken me 6 hours to make two batches, I decided it wasn't worth it and refreshed it. Also refreshed onion soup. Might try "no refreshes" for day 10... at least there is the advantage that even if two slots give me somethng I can make quickly, I can just ignore the third item and it'll disappear when the event is done. A little tempted to start day 10 early.... Hope you are all doing well. :-)

fatbearsecondary
06-13-15, 02:50 PM
Tried to look at your restaurant and got one at level 2...???

Might be a burner account, I know this one is. I don't like that they use our account name (which is used to log into our acct) to post, so everyone can see them. Idk, jsut my paranoia? But this is my second acct and I never post on my main one, though it is named fat bear too!

I know some people also don't like the spammy invites that can come from frequent posting. Since your ID is right there... So it protects from that too.

Kirrawynne
06-13-15, 03:01 PM
The importance of reading through posts on threads like these cannot be stressed enough. Yes it is time consuming but it really is worth the time.

In your situation if you are on day 9 you would need maybe eight 1 coin deliveries

Or you could just complete it with maybe two 2 coin deliveries and two 1 coin dishes.

If you look at the first post of this thread you will see the different amounts "to finish now" for each day. Once you know the gem amount "to finish now" you can figure out how many coins/deliveries you will need to make per day. Today the gem number needed to finish is :

Thank you for clarifying this. I have read all the posts in the thread but I guess I'm just not too bright because the gem thing wasn't making sense to me in terms of how many coins I needed. I understand a bit better now. Thank you.

ellyse99
06-13-15, 03:41 PM
Just to update y'all on my "no refreshing" journey. I made it to the end of day eight, but on day 9 when Ratatouille popped up, and would have taken me 6 hours to make two batches, I decided it wasn't worth it and refreshed it. Also refreshed onion soup. Might try "no refreshes" for day 10... at least there is the advantage that even if two slots give me somethng I can make quickly, I can just ignore the third item and it'll disappear when the event is done. A little tempted to start day 10 early.... Hope you are all doing well. :-)

You inspired me... I don't think I've refreshed anything other than Lobster Bisque, Coq Au Vin and Tuna Casserole - I have thousands of these but I use the 3-hour spice on them so it's a waste to give to the cruise. Also refreshed Strawberry Shortcake once, as I'd just started cooking Coq Au Vin (no, I don't stop my normal cooking) and didn't feel like waiting.
I feel proud of myself... I didn't refresh when the cruise asked for 10 peppers as well as 1.5 batches of Ratatouille!
P.S. Add another goal for the next time... No buying from street market as well? :)

LonePudding
06-13-15, 04:56 PM

I was beginning to wonder how you'd keep that up throughout the whole event. I know for sure I'd never make it without my frequent refreshes! Ellyse also mentioned, as another challenge, no buying from the street market. I couldn't ever make it without my street market either!! Especially when I need those peas, mushrooms and onions!

infinitelove19
06-13-15, 04:58 PM
You inspired me... I don't think I've refreshed anything other than Lobster Bisque, Coq Au Vin and Tuna Casserole - I have thousands of these but I use the 3-hour spice on them so it's a waste to give to the cruise. Also refreshed Strawberry Shortcake once, as I'd just started cooking Coq Au Vin (no, I don't stop my normal cooking) and didn't feel like waiting.
I feel proud of myself... I didn't refresh when the cruise asked for 10 peppers as well as 1.5 batches of Ratatouille!
P.S. Add another goal for the next time... No buying from street market as well? :)

Hmm... no buying from the street market...? I see onions being the biggest problem in combination with no refreshes. At least I seemed to have everything onion coming up & definitely bought a fair few from the market, especially yesterday. It would certainly be doable for us max levellers, at least for the first few days, or for shorter cruises. I have to admit though, I happily give them my lobster bisque/thermidor, and Coq au Vin, despite the 3-hour spice I use on most of them. Doesn't bother me one bit. I actually made tuna casserole especially for the cruise, but haven't had it come up once! I *do* think the challenge (or lack thereof) comes down mostly to luck. If I got onion soup every time I sent one off, there's no way I'd be able to keep up. And if I got 10 strawberries, and strawberry smoothie, and pink lemonade, and strawberry shortcake all in the same day, even WITH the street market, idk if it could be done. Ha! The things we do to entertain ourselves, eh? LOL

You still waiting for tomorrow, like me? I have to admit that I do want to get Nefertiti, and bake myself some gems. I wonder if it'll still sit on the counter like a normal recipe, or if we just collect gems when we take it off the stove...? Guess I'll have to wait and see.

infinitelove19
06-13-15, 05:02 PM
I was beginning to wonder how you'd keep that up throughout the whole event. I know for sure I'd never make it without my frequent refreshes! Ellyse also mentioned, as another challenge, no buying from the street market. I couldn't ever make it without my street market either!! Especially when I need those peas, mushrooms and onions!

Well, I gave it a go! ;-). Have to admit, I possibly *could* have done it, ratatouille and all, but I just wasn't feeling up to it today.
...You know, now that you mention it, I've hardly been asked for anything with mushrooms this whole event! I *might* have sent off one Coq au Vin order, but I've had nothing else with mushrooms whatsoever. So weird how it varies, isn't it?

orleansparish
06-13-15, 05:08 PM

You have a ton of patience. Im the queen of refresh those 1 and 2 coin dishes that I dont have made. Yogurt thats all of a few minutes but I refuse to bother with it, cheesecake, etc. Especially since my counters are filled with 3 and 4 coin items, minus one counter for those frequently appearing items. Refreshing got me through things quickly. I also would speed up at least one day during the other events. Im on a no gem buying diet and have waited for the new day to start. Now during this time I would make whichever item popped up, to get ahead of the day.

Right now I have a spaghetti and meatballs. Easy enough to make but I just cant be bothered! I know...super lazy. Good luck everyone!

Oh and whats the point of the new recipes if theyre only there until this is over? We need new stuff anyways.

Oh and part 2...give us the ability to buy more stoves with coins. One chateau stove for coins and the rest for gems is a bit much.

ellyse99
06-13-15, 05:23 PM
I don't want to get through the day as fast! :P On the 2nd day I finished in 15 mins and that was so boring for the rest of the day. I purposely don't refresh (most of it) so that I can have more fun for longer.

Having higher level stores does help. All my stores are now at least 5, general store is 6 and I've also just upgraded veggie to 6. So whatever they ask 10 of, I only have to collect a max of 2 times and I'm done. I think I haven't done much cooking, actually, most of the stuff on this cruise for me has been collection and not cooking.

infinitelove19
06-13-15, 05:37 PM
You have a ton of patience. Im the queen of refresh those 1 and 2 coin dishes that I dont have made. Yogurt thats all of a few minutes but I refuse to bother with it, cheesecake, etc. Especially since my counters are filled with 3 and 4 coin items, minus one counter for those frequently appearing items. Refreshing got me through things quickly.

Actually, with most one-coin dishes it is faster to cook it, than to refresh it. 5 minutes cook time vs. 30 minutes to refresh. ;-)

Only some of the items required any real patience, but at the same time, I like it to last a bit longer and to enjoy the variety of the event, like ellyse99 pointed out. The ratatouille got me though, because it would've used all my peppers AND it would have tied up that appliance for 6 hours, and for me, that just wasn't going to work! It's all good, so long as we enjoy the game! I hope everyone is prepared for and successful with tomorrow (Day 10) Whoo-hoo!! Home stretch. :-)

pythan
06-13-15, 07:50 PM
Meh :( well look at it this way, at least you'll be ready for the next cruise!
I learnt Coq Au Vin long ago, but I still refresh that, Lobster Bisque and Tuna Casserole. I have thousands of each on my counters, but I always put the 3-hour spice on them, so it's not worth it to give them to the cruise.

Do you usually open the restaurant for business's?
I always cook the difficult dish but it always get clear by my customer n when the cruise ask for it
I do not have enough n need to cook for two times again in order to deliver
Pls advise

KateOpossum
06-13-15, 07:53 PM
I'm not seeing anyone I visit with swag from the cruise event. Starting to feel like a test subject 😱

ellyse99
06-13-15, 08:17 PM
Do you usually open the restaurant for business's?
I always cook the difficult dish but it always get clear by my customer n when the cruise ask for it
I do not have enough n need to cook for two times again in order to deliver
Pls advise

Yes, always open. I have thousands of servings out on the counters so it hardly matters. Eg my most plentiful dish, ginger tea, I have more than 80k of it.
P.S. Just had a look at yours. Well if you don't keep your appliances cooking then you won't ever stockpile enough food to feed your customers! Yes I'm much higher level true but even before this I always keep all appliances running.

Perry9877
06-13-15, 10:39 PM
I have not had the chance to finish any of the challenges to date. I get frequent migraines and have a special needs child so I cannot always tend my restaurant. We usually spend more time on FFS and DS since my daughter loves those creatures and we started a DS island of her own on one of my old Kindles. Since there is a tourney on FFS right now that game has our focus. I have been sneaking into my restaurant as I can whilst my daughter is on my hubby's iPad and am now at my second to last challenge (the black cat on the cushion) and I do not believe I will finish. Yes, there are still 26 hours, but my requirements are for very long term items like potatoes and rice. The third item I got after refreshing bell peppers was for surf and turf. I just levelled up and do not have the money to unlock lobster just yet, therefore cannot afford to unlock surf and turf either. I refreshed again, but now see that the game will probably just keep giving me unattainable goals. I am sorely disappointed since this goal is very dear to me. Like many Brits I find myself fascinated by Egypt and my Gran was actually born in Giza. I have been hoarding gems so I may have to be content with the decor I can afford in the store. If I can get the cat I will be content. One of these days I AM going to finish one of these challenges! Good luck to those in the challenge!

ellyse99
06-13-15, 10:50 PM
I have not had the chance to finish any of the challenges to date. I get frequent migraines and have a special needs child so I cannot always tend my restaurant. We usually spend more time on FFS and DS since my daughter loves those creatures and we started a DS island of her own on one of my old Kindles. Since there is a tourney on FFS right now that game has our focus. I have been sneaking into my restaurant as I can whilst my daughter is on my hubby's iPad and am now at my second to last challenge (the black cat on the cushion) and I do not believe I will finish. Yes, there are still 26 hours, but my requirements are for very long term items like potatoes and rice. The third item I got after refreshing bell peppers was for surf and turf. I just levelled up and do not have the money to unlock lobster just yet, therefore cannot afford to unlock surf and turf either. I refreshed again, but now see that the game will probably just keep giving me unattainable goals. I am sorely disappointed since this goal is very dear to me. Like many Brits I find myself fascinated by Egypt and my Gran was actually born in Giza. I have been hoarding gems so I may have to be content with the decor I can afford in the store. If I can get the cat I will be content. One of these days I AM going to finish one of these challenges! Good luck to those in the challenge!

Good luck! When you can, focus on upgrading your pantry, and then upgrading your stores (especially veggie and general store) as far as possible, those will help a lot when you do cruise quests. Set an alarm for when those items refresh so that you can grab them and let them refresh again ASAP. If you just want to get the cat, try to finish as much of day 9 as possible, then see how much it is to finish off with gems to get the cat - it may be cheaper than buying in the store. I don't bother with buying decor with gems, but YMMV.
I've actually finished every single event so far, but I *****ed slightly on the spring fling dance - I used gems to skip mastering the confetti cupcakes to level 3, since I didn't have enough time left, and that I think was a good investment since I wanted the confetti cake (end goal).

Perry9877
06-13-15, 11:11 PM
K
Good luck! When you can, focus on upgrading your pantry, and then upgrading your stores (especially veggie and general store) as far as possible, those will help a lot when you do cruise quests. Set an alarm for when those items refresh so that you can grab them and let them refresh again ASAP. If you just want to get the cat, try to finish as much of day 9 as possible, then see how much it is to finish off with gems to get the cat - it may be cheaper than buying in the store. I don't bother with buying decor with gems, but YMMV.
I've actually finished every single event so far, but I *****ed slightly on the spring fling dance - I used gems to skip mastering the confetti cupcakes to level 3, since I didn't have enough time left, and that I think was a good investment since I wanted the confetti cake (end goal).

I need to be more diligent about checking my Restaurant at least once an hour to catch Cid. I am rarely able to play any of the games for an hour straight unless like tonight I am on my iPad overnight when everyone has finally settled down. I am always short on something and it seems the "Packs" offered are a day late and a dollar short for me. I toss out a few boards then realise I need them to upgrade my restaurant or I need a dozen nails and Cid is leaving me blueprints. RS1 was my first TL/S8 game but Nymmie likes games with babies (that covers all makes of wee beasties real and animated) so I spend more time on FFS than anything else. Time to see what my latest refresh brings. Cheers!

Perry9877
06-13-15, 11:16 PM
Whoo Hoo seaweed! Only an hour to get my next lot of 3. Now if I can keep myself awake. . .