PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Cruise Catering Event

Pages : 1 [2]

ghjvcucjb
06-14-15, 12:11 AM
On my last 24 hours and will be gone to three events all day tomorrow. Worse though, barely have gotten any 4 ship/coin requests throughout the entire event until now. I only need 12 gems to finish and get to the final day but have only gotten 4 ship/coin requests for hours. Have refreshed so many times. Don't have gems to spare but don't want to waste a 4 ship/coin dish. Guess if it doesn't work this next set of refreshes then will have to make the sacrifice so I can move forward. This is the closest I've ever come to finishing one of these events. I'm so excited but also worried it won't happen. Like all the other events.

ETA: after a dozen or more and many hours of refresh, I had to bite the bullet and waste a 4 coin dish on the last 12 gems :-(. And of course now all I get is 1 & 2 coin meals with only 14 hours to go and about to head out to several events for the next 12 hours. Sigh

luna2cute
06-14-15, 12:24 AM
I have no hope of getting the final prize but really want the Anubis statue. Please let me get at least that far...

ellyse99
06-14-15, 01:23 AM
Just refreshed Coq Au Vin again...

ellyse99
06-14-15, 01:37 AM
I have no hope of getting the final prize but really want the Anubis statue. Please let me get at least that far...

I think the cat is cuter though, it moves! :D

I'm also quite amused by my crocodile (in the oasis) and my pig on the spit... The crocodile looks like it's trying to eat the pig :P have a look at my restaurant to see for yourselves!

Kirrawynne
06-14-15, 01:53 AM
Anyone else having item glitches? I stayed up to refresh my steak as I had two recipes needing it. I refreshed so I should have three in my inventory. Bought one off the cart so I should have four. Checked a timer and went to start my fajitas an lo and behold, the three I just purchased were gone and timer is reset to two hours.

Gonna be hard to fill my orders if they steal my ingredients. SMH

ginourmous
06-14-15, 02:28 AM
Anyone else having item glitches? I stayed up to refresh my steak as I had two recipes needing it. I refreshed so I should have three in my inventory. Bought one off the cart so I should have four. Checked a timer and went to start my fajitas an lo and behold, the three I just purchased were gone and timer is reset to two hours.

I had that happen also. Was pretty upset because it was on long wait item. But i quit the app and reopened it and the items were in my pantry.

ellyse99
06-14-15, 02:39 AM

Force close, reopen and usually they're back in inventory. Happened a few times to me.

chewingmilk
06-14-15, 04:01 AM
I have finished the catering event right..?! Why do I have to wait for another 20 hours to unlock.. What is day 10 then..??

ellyse99
06-14-15, 04:31 AM
I have finished the catering event right..?! Why do I have to wait for another 20 hours to unlock.. What is day 10 then..??

No, I think you still have 1 more day to go, you seem to have started a day late.

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 04:42 AM

Day 10 is when you achieve the final prize. "Welcome Nefertiti to your restaurant and she will give you pistachios and teach you a recipe that earns gems!". If you don't do day 10 you'll miss out on the Chocolate Pyramid Cake and Nefertiti.

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 04:47 AM
Day 10 requires 600 gems to "finish now"

4 coins = 67 gems
3 coins = 38 gems
2 coins = 16 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

Give or take. I submitted a 4, 3, and 2-coin dish, and I got 120 gems of credit. According to the numbers above, it should've given me 121 gems credit, so the above numbers are approximate and may be off by 1 here or there. Good luck everyone!!

gilachaya
06-14-15, 06:20 AM
How often does she vist? Also how long does the cake cook?

She visited me about 5 times yesterday. I was able to cook the chocolate cake once yesterday and just started it for the second time today.

chewingmilk
06-14-15, 07:55 AM
Day 10 is when you achieve the final prize. "Welcome Nefertiti to your restaurant and she will give you pistachios and teach you a recipe that earns gems!". If you don't do day 10 you'll miss out on the Chocolate Pyramid Cake and Nefertiti.

Darn, I thought I was finished after I got the croc... I just send my valueble 4 coins dishes away..and didn't prepare for the next day to set the dish requests on 4 coins.. This could sooo..be my doom..

chewingmilk
06-14-15, 07:56 AM

4 coins = 67 gems
3 coins = 38 gems
2 coins = 16 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

Give or take. I submitted a 4, 3, and 2-coin dish, and I got 120 gems of credit. According to the numbers above, it should've given me 121 gems credit, so the above numbers are approximate and may be off by 1 here or there. Good luck everyone!!

Many thanks..!!

poise86
06-14-15, 09:20 AM
I know it's too late, but can someone list what dishes are worth 3 and 4 coins ? Thanks

ellyse99
06-14-15, 09:47 AM
This isn't an exhaustive list, but I'll list some.

4-coin: Ginger Tea, Tuna Casserole, Coq Au Vin, Lobster Thermidor, Lobster Bisque, French Dip, Stew, 10 peppers, 10 oranges, 10 onions, 10 salmon, 10 peas, 10 lemons, 10 strawberries, 10 mayo

3-coin: Ginger Snaps, Chicken Broccoli Casserole, Strawberry Shortcake, Salmon Sushi, Lobster Sandwich (I think), Split Pea Soup (I think), Baked Salmon, Creme Br?l?e, Surf and Turf, Ratatouille, Baked Onion Soup

2-coin: Cucumber Sandwich, Tuna Sandwich, BLT (I think), Greek Salad, Apple Cider (I think), Chicken Alfredo, Omelette (I think), Cheese Fondue, Cheesecake (I think), Spaghetti and Meatballs (I think), Apple Ginger Chicken (I think), Carrot Cake, Pepperoni Pizza, Bruschetta, Apple Pie (I think), Tuna Roll, Veggie Sushi, Veggie Juice, 10 apples

1-coin: Hamburger, Cobb Salad, Yogurt Parfait, Ravioli, Eggs Benedict, Sugar Cookies, Margherita Pizza

tywin111
06-14-15, 09:57 AM
On my last 24 hours and will be gone to three events all day tomorrow. Worse though, barely have gotten any 4 ship/coin requests throughout the entire event until now. I only need 12 gems to finish and get to the final day but have only gotten 4 ship/coin requests for hours. Have refreshed so many times. Don't have gems to spare but don't want to waste a 4 ship/coin dish. Guess if it doesn't work this next set of refreshes then will have to make the sacrifice so I can move forward. This is the closest I've ever come to finishing one of these events. I'm so excited but also worried it won't happen. Like all the other events.

Try download some of their games in the offer. You can get free gems there.

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 09:57 AM

4-coin: Ginger Tea, Tuna Casserole, Coq Au Vin, Lobster Thermidor, Lobster Bisque, French Dip, 10 peppers, 10 oranges, 10 onions, 10 salmon, 10 peas, 10 lemons, 10 strawberries

3-coin: Ginger Snaps, Chicken Broccoli Casserole, Strawberry Shortcake, Salmon Sushi, Lobster Sandwich (I think), Split Pea Soup (I think), Baked Salmon, Creme Br?l?e

2-coin: Cucumber Sandwich, Tuna Sandwich, BLT (I think), Greek Salad, Apple Cider (I think), Chicken Alfredo, 10 apples

1-coin: Hamburger, Cobb Salad, Yogurt Parfait

It also depends a little on level. For instance the first time I got baked potato and antipasto they were 4-coin dishes (at about level 25) but later on, they were only worth 3 coins. Stew & french dip are always 4 coins though. :-)

Lemons only gave me 3 coins the last time I did them. Mayo gives 4 coins though. :-)

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 10:01 AM
I just have to submit some mayo, and then I'm done. Don't want it to be over, but I want to see what happens & earn some gems! :-)

Good luck, everyone!!! :-)

poise86
06-14-15, 10:02 AM

4-coin: Ginger Tea, Tuna Casserole, Coq Au Vin, Lobster Thermidor, Lobster Bisque, French Dip, 10 peppers, 10 oranges, 10 onions, 10 salmon, 10 peas, 10 lemons, 10 strawberries

3-coin: Ginger Snaps, Chicken Broccoli Casserole, Strawberry Shortcake, Salmon Sushi, Lobster Sandwich (I think), Split Pea Soup (I think), Baked Salmon, Creme Br?l?e

2-coin: Cucumber Sandwich, Tuna Sandwich, BLT (I think), Greek Salad, Apple Cider (I think), Chicken Alfredo, 10 apples

1-coin: Hamburger, Cobb Salad, Yogurt Parfait

Thanks ellyse ! This help me cook 3-4 dishes while still have time

mermaidzen
06-14-15, 10:07 AM
Day 9: 500 gems

4 coins = 67/68 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
2 coins = 16/17 gems
1 coin = 5/6 gems

Well, I am glad each dish is worth more now, but near the end it can be a little frustrating to not know if you're going to get the lower or higher value for the dish! This may be a good time to use a few gems set aside, in case you wind up with 1 gem to finish your day! :-)

(Oh, and I combined the values you got with the values I got, and combined them. Thanks for posting. It is especially good to have multiple people 'on it' in situations like this.)
As this isn't on the first page thought I would repost this to make it easier to find

ellyse99
06-14-15, 10:56 AM
It also depends a little on level. For instance the first time I got baked potato and antipasto they were 4-coin dishes (at about level 25) but later on, they were only worth 3 coins. Stew & french dip are always 4 coins though. :-)

Lemons only gave me 3 coins the last time I did them. Mayo gives 4 coins though. :-)

Hmm, I'm pretty sure my lemons are still worth 4 coins, and I'm level 49. Maybe yours are a bit too sour and so worth less? :P just joking!

Yes, 10 Mayo is 4 coins too. I couldn't remember if Baked Potato and Antipasto Platter were 3 coins or 2.

ghjvcucjb
06-14-15, 11:08 AM
Try download some of their games in the offer. You can get free gems there.

Thanks Tywinn111. I no longer get offers for game download. I think I've done them all through 3 years of playing Castlestory. Lol

ghjvcucjb
06-14-15, 11:12 AM

I had this happen a couple of times about 2 days ago

tywin111
06-14-15, 11:33 AM
Woohoo!! I got 3 4-coins dishes line up for the last day. This will help me a lot :)

LizVicious
06-14-15, 12:28 PM
Pistachio Pyramid Cake. It appears the recipe will be permanent. Queen Nefertiti only dropped 1 pistachio on her first visit.

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 12:37 PM
Pistachio Pyramid Cake. It appears the recipe will be permanent. Queen Nefertiti only dropped 1 pistachio on her first visit.

I got my first pistachio about two hours & 20 minutes ago. Just came from my game & there was no sign of Nefertiti. Guessing her visits either have an element of randomness OR are at least as long as every 2.5 hours. Would be nice to know precisely to maximize pistachio collections. Edited to add that I checked my game and no sign of her after the 2 hour 30 minute mark. Must be closer to every 3 hrs (if not random)

Has anybody gotten MORE than one pistachio at a time? Just curious.

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 12:44 PM
Oh, well. So it goes.

C2hWF
06-14-15, 01:02 PM
Lucky!:o

ginourmous
06-14-15, 01:58 PM
I can almost touch Nefertiti... It's 94 gems to finish now. I have 2 4 COINS cooking that should be ready in 3-4 hours. I hope that is enough to get it done. All day today i have been getting 1-2 coins stuff. Lots of collecting item (bacon, green seaweed sheets, green peas, pastas) that doesn't move very fast. But finally got tuna casserole & Beef stew and I had everything to make 2 of each at the same time. How do we know how many gems equivalent are the 4 coins on day 10?

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 02:02 PM
Lucky!:o

Did you just get like 5 or 6 pistachios at once, from Nefertiti?
And is it always 10 gems per batch of Chocolate Pyramid Cake, or does it vary?

LizVicious
06-14-15, 02:06 PM
Im assuming the Queen Nefertiti visits about every 12 hours like the Hula girl from the Hawaiian Topic event.

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 02:12 PM
I can almost touch Nefertiti... It's 94 gems to finish now. I have 2 4 COINS cooking that should be ready in 3-4 hours. I hope that is enough to get it done. All day today i have been getting 1-2 coins stuff. Lots of collecting item (bacon, green seaweed sheets, green peas, pastas) that doesn't move very fast. But finally got tuna casserole & Beef stew and I had everything to make 2 of each at the same time. How do we know how many gems equivalent are the 4 coins on day 10?

4 coins = 67 gems
3 coins = 38 gems
2 coins = 16 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

You should be good with the two 4-coin dishes. Congrats!!! :-)

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 02:15 PM

LOL, so I just got my second visit from Nefertiti... (Was in the bath, so checked at about the 4-hour mark, though she may have shown up at 3 hours)... AND she dropped TEN PISTACHIOS!!!! About to cook two batches of Pyramid Cake and see what happens. Yay! :-)

aroara
06-14-15, 02:33 PM
Can't even get to her. Keeps giving me things i cant cook :(

Robyna990
06-14-15, 02:36 PM
Just finished the event! Can't wait to make my first Cake!

clarity625
06-14-15, 03:10 PM
Finished the catering. Nefretiti came by once. left one peanut. I need 5 to make the cake. This could take a few days.

LonePudding
06-14-15, 04:08 PM
I don't think I'll make it :( I started a day late, and the first 6 or so days were easier than ever before! After that though, the days slowly started dragging over into the next, so I started each day a few hours late. It is now 8 hours until my day 10 unlocks. I still have over 100 gems worth of day 9 to complete. It's also midnight here in England. Sorry for the moan. Sometimes though, I feel a little better and motivated after having a grumble to people on the forums. Haha, don't mind me lol. Have a lovely day!

007war
06-14-15, 04:34 PM
How often does she vist? Also how long does the cake cook?

LOL, so I just got my second visit from Nefertiti... (Was in the bath, so checked at about the 4-hour mark, though she may have shown up at 3 hours)... AND she dropped TEN PISTACHIOS!!!! About to cook two batches of Pyramid Cake and see what happens. Yay! :-)

10 pistachios ? How come? I only got 1 per visit. Got 2 in 10 hours. That is not fair.

seven024
06-14-15, 04:41 PM
I have a question and I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. I'm considering getting a helper and an extra order slot for the next event. If I do would I get to keep them for each event? I would think so but I figured I would ask before I spend the gems.

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 04:42 PM
10 pistachios ? How come? I only got 1 per visit. Got 2 in 10 hours. That is not fair.

I would guess it is random. Meaning everyone has a chance at getting 10 or 1 or somewhere in between. Since I had enough to bake 2 cakes, I can report that one time I got 2 gems and the other gave me 5 gems. Another person posted a pic earlier getting 10 gems for their cake, so it looks like that is also random.

On another note, Nefertiti seems to visit every 3 hours, on the dot.

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 04:44 PM
I have a question and I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. I'm considering getting a helper and an extra order slot for the next event. If I do would I get to keep them for each event? I would think so but I figured I would ask before I spend the gems.

The extra slot is definitely a no. Not sure about the helper, but I seriously doubt it would carry over between events.

Drachenia
06-14-15, 04:47 PM
Hello what this means, I want to Nefertiti and I see it in the restaurant:
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150615/yqtnwd7w.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)
My ship is 32 hours and in the order book are still 12 days, what does this mean?
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150615/74t7qx7a.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)
These tasks I have done:
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150615/ikw67fl2.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

sashahoney
06-14-15, 04:51 PM
I would guess it is random. Meaning everyone has a chance at getting 10 or 1 or somewhere in between. Since I had enough to bake 2 cakes, I can report that one time I got 2 gems and the other gave me 5 gems. Another person posted a pic earlier getting 10 gems for their cake, so it looks like that is also random.

On another note, Nefertiti seems to visit every 3-4 hours.

That's the thing I despise most about this game... The randomness! We all work hard to complete events so we should all get the same! I busted a gut to get the hula chick and so far I haven't even got a total of 15 gems fron her. So much for her 2k worth! I've just completed this event and got 1 lousy nut from the queen. Everything to this game is one big grind until all the fun is sucked out of it!

infinitelove19
06-14-15, 05:22 PM
Hello what this means, I want to Nefertiti and I see it in the restaurant:
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150615/yqtnwd7w.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)
My ship is 32 hours and in the order book are still 12 days, what does this mean?
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150615/74t7qx7a.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)
These tasks I have done:
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150615/ikw67fl2.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

To get Nefertiti to visit your restaurant, you need to complete all 10 days of the event before time is up. You have done the first 5 days, but only have 32 hours to complete the last 5 days. Unless you spend a LOT of gems, I don't think you will finish.

orleansparish
06-14-15, 05:26 PM
I am Dunzo! Don't wanna look at another event for at least another week. These are fun! Less stressful than farm 2. And no begging for parts like on bakery. With no need for me to lay every 5 minutes if i want the past prize....ala castle story.

And now I've unlocked the rest of my chairs and will hopefully sell some food soon, so I can unclog my appliances. I have a bundle of ginger and will make some $3 spices to supplement my coq au vin, lobster bisque, ratatouille and tuna casserole.

Good luck everyone, you can still do it! Don't be afraid to dump food if you need to to make some quick cooking one or two coin items. Do whatever you need to, because you can always cook more food to stock up your counters later.

orleansparish
06-14-15, 05:31 PM

You have to buy the servers for each individual event. Along with the extra slots. Depending on what level you are I wouldn't bother with an extra slot. If you have limited unlocked ingredients and food learned and have the extra gems laying around, I'd consider the extra slot. Because the main complaint seems to be about unlearned recipes popping up.

I've learned every dish and have all ingredients unlocked and can collect 4 fruits and 5 of everything else. But even I got annoyed at the end, when I just needed 3 more coins and had to keep refreshing because it asked me for my lobster Thermidor that I wasn't going to give FOUR times back to back. Finally I handed over some creme br?l?e. And what popped up right before the screenshot with Nef came? Yep...lobster Thermidor. Dweebs.

Melanie930
06-14-15, 05:37 PM
I've had Nef visit 3 times so far today after completing the event and each time she's only given one pistachio. In the cookbook section the recipe is listed as 5 day (along with kebabs and shawarma). If I did all that work over 10 days to unlock a recipe that I can't cook more than a couple times because I lack the necessary pistachios, that may finally lead me to quit.

mamareader02
06-14-15, 06:11 PM
Yeah,Nef has visited me twice(bout 3 hrs apart),and one nut per visit,and yeah,if others are getting at least a few more per visit,then the rationing of nuts needs to be a bit more fair,sorry,I'm not gonna hold my mouth and just keep hoping I get a fairer shake,I'm over doing the same hard work as others yet getting the short end of the stick,regarding TL games

ginourmous
06-14-15, 06:12 PM
You should be good with the two 4-coin dishes. Congrats!!! :-)

You were right... I just collected my first pistachio from the Queen. This was hard, the 10th day is always so hard and stressful. I wish I could have cooked the 80+hrs I was waiting for the next step to open. But, so happy I made it. Keep working people it can be done. I never sped up anything, never used 1 gem.

klembodius2
06-14-15, 06:26 PM
Probably already answered somewhere but how often does the queen appear to drop her nuts (lol). Soon as I completed the 10 day thing she came but not since. Checked every hour and every 2 hours still nada. Thanks

shaumilin
06-14-15, 06:35 PM
That's the thing I despise most about this game... The randomness! We all work hard to complete events so we should all get the same! I busted a gut to get the hula chick and so far I haven't even got a total of 15 gems fron her. So much for her 2k worth! I've just completed this event and got 1 lousy nut from the queen. Everything to this game is one big grind until all the fun is sucked out of it!

It seems to me that the queen visits me every 3 hours. I only got one nut from her visit, and so far I've only collected 6 nuts in the past 18 hours. I am wondering if putting up those Egyptian decos would help increasing the amount of the nuts from the queen and the gems from making the pyramid cake. (I only got 2 gems from making the cake).

Since the nuts are put in the seasonal pantry, I am wondering if we can make the pyramid cake forever, or if there is a limited time.

catfoodie
06-14-15, 06:37 PM
The pyramid cake better not dissappear after 5 days, it's too much work for the recipe that you can only get after 10 days of event. In other worlds it would be not satisfying prize.

mamareader02
06-14-15, 06:49 PM
The pyramid cake better not dissappear after 5 days, it's too much work for the recipe that you can only get after 10 days of event. In other worlds it would be not satisfying prize.

Yeah,we need a TL staff to let us know if it's permanent (of course that won't happen till maybe sometime tomorrow)

C2hWF
06-14-15, 07:21 PM

The number of pistachios and gems are random.
You can get 1, 5 or 10 pistachios from Nefertiti, and 1, 2 or 10 gems from Chocolate Pyramid Cake at once.
Nefertiti visits you every 3 hours.

gogo0811
06-14-15, 07:49 PM
I still have 5 hours to go and ther is no way i am going to complete this...suddenly all i seem to get is the lobster recipes...all of which take a long time and so no way i would finish cookingthem before time is up...the only other recipes i seem to get now is the one ship ones...i would need 100s of these to complete...
I used up my gems, my helping hands...theres no way i can finish this. Unfortunate because i completed every simgle day well in advance and now on this last day....
Frustrating...

poise86
06-14-15, 08:58 PM
Did we must master the cake to finish the goal ?

sashahoney
06-14-15, 10:11 PM
Yeah,we need a TL staff to let us know if it's permanent (of course that won't happen till maybe sometime tomorrow)

The cake recipe vanishes after 5 days if you click on your recipe book. No way would S8 allow us to make gems indefinitely... Even though this event was one long grind! Everyone who completed this should definitely be allowed to keep the recipe for life but alas we all know how unfair and money hungry some companies can be!

sashahoney
06-14-15, 10:15 PM
Did we must master the cake to finish the goal ?

No. My goal was completed and vanished after I got the cake recipe ( or cooked the first cake ) so mastering the recipe will just give you the plaque, mastery points and spice I guess?

sashahoney
06-14-15, 10:17 PM
The number of pistachios and gems are random.
You can get 1, 5 or 10 pistachios from Nefertiti, and 1, 2 or 10 gems from Chocolate Pyramid Cake at once.
Nefertiti visits you every 3 hours.
I got 5 gems from my first chocolate cake:p

felicopterrr
06-14-15, 10:19 PM
whoo hoo finally completed

felicopterrr
06-14-15, 10:21 PM
The cake recipe vanishes after 5 days if you click on your recipe book. No way would S8 allow us to make gems indefinitely... Even though this event was one long grind! Everyone who completed this should definitely be allowed to keep the recipe for life but alas we all know how unfair and money hungry some companies can be!

Once you've unlocked the recipe you can keep it permanently. The 5 days countdown is probably how much time you have left to unlock it

orleansparish
06-14-15, 10:22 PM
Yeah,Nef has visited me twice(bout 3 hrs apart),and one nut per visit,and yeah,if others are getting at least a few more per visit,then the rationing of nuts needs to be a bit more fair,sorry,I'm not gonna hold my mouth and just keep hoping I get a fairer shake,I'm over doing the same hard work as others yet getting the short end of the stick,regarding TL games

I got one nut the first time and two the next time she came around. Fair and balanced and storm8 doesn't belong in the same sentence.

sashahoney
06-14-15, 10:49 PM
20930It gets confusing as the other 2 recipes vanish after 5 days and since the chocolate cake had the 5 day countdown I assumed that went too. If we do get to keep the gem making recipe forever I will backtrack and say that this event has been the best ever and was totally worth the hard grind! :)

shaumilin
06-14-15, 11:02 PM
I don't think we can make the pyramid cake forever. that means we can't receive the gems forever. So, if there is someone who cannot finish the game and get the queen, take it easy. It's not a big deal. I think I can only get 2 gems each day from making the cake in the next 5 days. So I can only receive 10 gems total out of this game. But I already spent so many gems to unlock the next day in the game. I really don't think it is worth it. It does not worth it for me to participate in this game--to spend so much time and my precious gems but only getting 10 gems in the end. The queen does not seem to value 2000 gems, but only 10.

tdjca
06-14-15, 11:44 PM
Very disappointed!! Completeld all the other days no problem and now the last day I am getting recipes or produce that don't fit in the day to complete. Tried refreshing so many times to get something that will work and I'm down to 30 minutes and over 200 gems short of finishing. Used all my helping hands and gems to get this far.... Complete waste of time :( on an impossible ending.

sashahoney
06-14-15, 11:56 PM
Very disappointed!! Completeld all the other days no problem and now the last day I am getting recipes or produce that don't fit in the day to complete. Tried refreshing so many times to get something that will work and I'm down to 30 minutes and over 200 gems short of finishing. Used all my helping hands and gems to get this far.... Complete waste of time :( on an impossible ending.

Awww *Hugs* I did manage to complete yesterday but I have to say it was an absolute nightmare of a task! I was refreshing like nobody's business and unlike all of the other days the ship didn't want any of my prepared dishes, and kept asking me for 10 salmon then also wanting me to make salmon dishes... So annoying! It really is sad when people miss out after putting so much time, effort and in some cases money to try and finish events but fall short at the last hurdle. It would be great if we could help our neighbours by clicking on their ovens to speed the cooking time up or donate ingredients to them.

gogo0811
06-14-15, 11:57 PM

Same here. 5 min to go...all gems, helping hands gone and just one and two ship recipes OR 6 hour recipes! If i refresh it takes 30 min...i literally hVe just about half a centimeter of the bar to complete! Very disappointing. I never missed a single day the past 9 days and today i have been at it all day and this is the result....not fair

livvyliv123
06-14-15, 11:58 PM
Omg! I paid some gems to finish the very last task but the game crashed! Time is almost up! Please help??

C2hWF
06-15-15, 01:17 AM
I don't think we can make the pyramid cake forever. that means we can't receive the gems forever. So, if there is someone who cannot finish the game and get the queen, take it easy. It's not a big deal. I think I can only get 2 gems each day from making the cake in the next 5 days. So I can only receive 10 gems total out of this game. But I already spent so many gems to unlock the next day in the game. I really don't think it is worth it. It does not worth it for me to participate in this game--to spend so much time and my precious gems but only getting 10 gems in the end. The queen does not seem to value 2000 gems, but only 10.

I don't think so. Luana is forever.

Perry9877
06-15-15, 01:39 AM
XxI am very elated at having finished my first RS2 event, but I am confused and distraught also. I finished the event, but Queen Nef is not unlocked! When I tap at the quest that says to welcome her to my restaurant it says I can BUY her for 1300 gems (roughly $50 USD). What is this? I just spent 9 very harried days crafting my bum off. I was a bit short at the end and gave a wee boost with some gems. All of the other items were in my inventory except for her. I have had visits from the usual suspects (Cid and Lily) but no Queenie. I could weep right now. Did I miss a step at the end of the event? Should I have tapped her whilst she was still on her dias?

OK, I learned some great tips from some of the more experienced players and have set myself some goals: 1) work hard at increasing my storage. 2) learn all of the recipies available. 3) increase the amount of ingredients I can gather at a time, my current haul is 3 for each shoppe. And 4) work at stockpiling dishes that are commonly asked for. I was amazed that one fine lass had something like 6 THOUSAND units of some dishes. I bow in her general direction whilst chanting "I am not worthy". :p

I had purchased some gems when I saw the Egyptian theme and spent nearly all on items not included in the quest and redecorated in anticipated arrival of Queenie and I am happy with the results. Stop by and we can share some chilled rose water (a delightful Egyptian beverage) or I will put on the kettle and we can have a cuppa whilst waiting to see if Queenie shows up.

Any ideas as to why she has not as yet shown up would be appreciated!

ellyse99
06-15-15, 01:52 AM
Did you finish the last day? As in, one more day after receiving the oasis with the crocodile?

I'm not sure if you were referring to me, but I have lots more than just 6k of whatever sitting on my counters, more than 60k, even. Right now:

89k Ginger Tea (almost 90k, probably will be 90k by the time the current one finishes cooking)
71k BLT
71k Veggie Sushi
53k Baked Salmon
52k Tomato Soup
50k Creme Brulee
41k Chicken Broccoli Casserole
24k Chicken Salad
24k Stew
19k Split Pea Soup
14k Lobster Bisque
13k Osso Buco
12k Coq Au Vin
11k Stuffed Peppers
6k Cucumber Sandwich
4k Ginger Snaps
4k Lobster Thermidor
3k Tuna Casserole
3k Mandarin Salad
1k Meatloaf (just started making it)

CastielMC
06-15-15, 02:32 AM
Wow just finished my first ever event :D
I missed the last two as I was either on a business trip or on holiday and finally make it this time (with spending around 10 gems.)
I'm just wondering if the chocolate cake is permanent?

sashahoney
06-15-15, 05:11 AM
Wow just finished my first ever event :D
I missed the last two as I was either on a business trip or on holiday and finally make it this time (with spending around 10 gems.)
I'm just wondering if the chocolate cake is permanent?

I didn't think it was, but someone said it was so it would be nice is S8 could verify this for us. :rolleyes:

sashahoney
06-15-15, 05:19 AM
@Perry9877 Hmmm, are you sure you finished the event? Did you get the message to welcome Nef into your restaurant?
As soon as I completed the event I got that message and she walking into my diner right away where I was able to click on her and get the cake recipe and complete the event.
I feel some concern for you if you got a message saying to buy Nef. Did you notice how many hours you had left to complete the event? I had 15 hours left. Maybe sadly you finished at the exact same time the event ended? I hope you luck and hope that you get everything sorted out soon. :)

catfoodie
06-15-15, 05:36 AM
I hope that cake will be permanent. I think they might allow queen drop one pistachio so it takes awhile to make a cake. In this case I think they might keep it since luana drops gems as well. 10 gems is not that much especially with a really low chance.

kgp70282
06-15-15, 09:05 AM
Does anyone know how often she comes into the resturant?

LonePudding
06-15-15, 09:31 AM
I have 15 hours to go with 197 gems to go. Not sure where this is heading.

Kirrawynne
06-15-15, 09:33 AM
I'm on the final stretch to finishing this event and I would like to say thank you all for the tips because no way I could have done it without your guidance. I really hope it's a while before the next event because this one bankrupted me. I went from 770k coins to 35k with having to buy equipment, recipes, and counters. I hit level 42 during the event which unfortunately for me, unlocked the juicebar and those recipes. It's going to take a good while for me to recover from this so I really hope the end product is worth it. I really do like the kitty and croc decorations though; they are rather darling. Down to 28 gems to finish with 16 hours to go!

shockingchick
06-15-15, 09:44 AM
I finally finished my first event! Yay :D
But now I'm a bit confused... my goal is to "master eggs" while its showing the chocolate pyramid cake... I guess it's a problem with the translation since I'm not using the english version, but still... do I need to master the cake in the remaining 5 days in order to keep it? So far I have only gotten one single pistachio and am never going to be able to cook it 10 times to get the first star in those 5 days, nevermind master it to three stars...

nephthys82
06-15-15, 09:47 AM
XxI am very elated at having finished my first RS2 event, but I am confused and distraught also. I finished the event, but Queen Nef is not unlocked! When I tap at the quest that says to welcome her to my restaurant it says I can BUY her for 1300 gems (roughly $50 USD). What is this? I just spent 9 very harried days crafting my bum off. I was a bit short at the end and gave a wee boost with some gems. All of the other items were in my inventory except for her. I have had visits from the usual suspects (Cid and Lily) but no Queenie. I could weep right now. Did I miss a step at the end of the event? Should I have tapped her whilst she was still on her dias?

OK, I learned some great tips from some of the more experienced players and have set myself some goals: 1) work hard at increasing my storage. 2) learn all of the recipies available. 3) increase the amount of ingredients I can gather at a time, my current haul is 3 for each shoppe. And 4) work at stockpiling dishes that are commonly asked for. I was amazed that one fine lass had something like 6 THOUSAND units of some dishes. I bow in her general direction whilst chanting "I am not worthy". :p

I had purchased some gems when I saw the Egyptian theme and spent nearly all on items not included in the quest and redecorated in anticipated arrival of Queenie and I am happy with the results. Stop by and we can share some chilled rose water (a delightful Egyptian beverage) or I will put on the kettle and we can have a cuppa whilst waiting to see if Queenie shows up.

Any ideas as to why she has not as yet shown up would be appreciated!

I finished the event and she didn't show up straight away. I force closed and reopened my game and she was the first customer in.

catfoodie
06-15-15, 09:55 AM
I have 15 hours to go with 197 gems to go. Not sure where this is heading.
197 is not that much, you have plenty of time so I'm sure you will finish this event!

kgp70282
06-15-15, 10:01 AM
The count down goes away on the pyramid cake you get to keep it

cquinn32
06-15-15, 10:01 AM
Came here looking for some info on Nefriti and the pyramid cake. Has there been confirmation that the cake is here to stay? Nefritit has visited me 4 times now and I have a total of 4 pistachios. It would be nice to be able to cook it at least once!! Some are reporting her dropping more than one pistachio are you still receiving multiple pistachios per drop?

C2hWF
06-15-15, 10:10 AM
Does anyone know how often she comes into the resturant?
every 3 hours

txangel1109
06-15-15, 10:38 AM
Yay! I'm down to 159 gems. I think I will complete this event. Hard doing it today cause of work. Not getting any 4 coin recipes. Mainly 2 & 3 abc now some 1's. I have 2 - 3 coins and cooking 1- 1 coin. Not sure why it didnt ask for most of counter items though. That's just aggravating. Wish me luck I can get this when I get off work. Enjoy this thread. God Bless.

ghjvcucjb
06-15-15, 11:14 AM
Finished My FIRST event EVER on this game!!!!! Wow, can't believe how happy this silly event has made me. Lol. Here's what I learned 1. Start early 2. Come to the forum ASAP and read everything 3. Follow the hints and tips given by the more experience players 4.accept that you have to play A LOT! Including possibly sacrificing sleep for one or more evenings 4. If you have questions or concerns, post it ASAP while there is still time to fix it.

Thanks everyone for all the tips! Really appreciate it

Here's hoping Nefertiti and the pyramid cake are permanent.

cocoquillette
06-15-15, 12:02 PM
Here's hoping Nefertiti and the pyramid cake are permanent.

Well, when you click on your oven and then on the cake, it doesn't say "4 days" next to it, so my guess is that it's permanent.

ellyse99
06-15-15, 12:14 PM
Well, when you click on your oven and then on the cake, it doesn't say "4 days" next to it, so my guess is that it's permanent.

I think mine still does... Maybe the countdown goes away after you cook it for the first time? I haven't had counter space to cook it yet...

dragon2046
06-15-15, 12:18 PM
In the oven to cook it there is no timer but in the receipt book there is a timer. Can someone from S8 let us know if the cake is permanent or is it timed ? Thank u. :)

infinitelove19
06-15-15, 12:20 PM
Came here looking for some info on Nefriti and the pyramid cake. Has there been confirmation that the cake is here to stay? Nefritit has visited me 4 times now and I have a total of 4 pistachios. It would be nice to be able to cook it at least once!! Some are reporting her dropping more than one pistachio are you still receiving multiple pistachios per drop?

I've collected from Nefrititi 7 times; she visits every 3 hours. Once, I got 10 pistachios. The other six, I have only received 1 pistachio.
I'm sure the Pyramid cake is permanent, but as far as I know, nobody from TL has confirmed this yet.

Good luck to everyone else still working on the event.

lnztrekfan
06-15-15, 12:53 PM
OK, I learned some great tips from some of the more experienced players and have set myself some goals: 1) work hard at increasing my storage. 2) learn all of the recipies available. 3) increase the amount of ingredients I can gather at a time, my current haul is 3 for each shoppe. And 4) work at stockpiling dishes that are commonly asked for. I was amazed that one fine lass had something like 6 THOUSAND units of some dishes. I bow in her general direction whilst chanting "I am not worthy".
Posted by nephthys82

How do you increase the the amount of ingredients you can gather? I alas did not welcome Nefretiti. I was five days into it before I saw that you have to stockpile meals on the counter and turn your chairs around! I will hopefully complete the next event! I also increased my numbers of counters from 6 to 11. I will be expanding my pantry as well. Currently only at 95 items. I did notice that I did not really get to give too many of the dishes I had on counters to the ship, it simply didn't ask for them after I had them made. Idk if the game actually "knows" what I do and do t have and then asks for what I don't have!(shrugs). I made it to the oasis level and about halfway through. I do think the game should take into consideration how far you came and ask for gems accordingly. I had less than half the oasis level left and I think to complete that level was under 200 gems so that left the last level with Nef. But it still wants 1300 gems to unlock her and I really don't think that's very fair. I did get further than previous events so hopefully the next one will be the one for me209352093620937

Also I have already mastered the kababas and swarma but cannot keep them or get the pyramid cake because I wasn't able to unlock Nef:(

ghjvcucjb
06-15-15, 12:59 PM
My goal book says 12 days for the pyramid cake. I'm hoping that's only for making it the first time. But confirmation from S8 would be nice.

ghjvcucjb
06-15-15, 01:05 PM
Inztrekfan, I stocked piled my counters to the point that I actually got stuck half way through and couldn't make anything yet the ship seldom asked for my premade items. I ended up have to buy three new counters at exorbitant prices and turn around a full table of chairs to clear the counters faster. The last three days I stopped stockpiling and left everything open until a ship request came in and that seemed to work best for me. Next time I will stockpile but leave at least three counters full.

SparklyOctopus
06-15-15, 01:18 PM
In the oven to cook it there is no timer but in the receipt book there is a timer. Can someone from S8 let us know if the cake is permanent or is it timed ? Thank u. :)

Hello everyone! :) Sorry to be so late, but yes, Nefertiti and the recipe for the Pistachio Pyramid Cake are both permanent once you unlock Nefertiti from the Catering Event.

catfoodie
06-15-15, 01:19 PM
Inztrekfan, I stocked piled my counters to the point that I actually got stuck half way through and couldn't make anything yet the ship seldom asked for my premade items. I ended up have to buy three new counters at exorbitant prices and turn around a full table of chairs to clear the counters faster. The last three days I stopped stockpiling and left everything open until a ship request came in and that seemed to work best for me. Next time I will stockpile but leave at least three counters full.
I had the same problem haha, had bunch of food premade but cruise ship kept asking for food I don't have. It was useful for 4 coin dishes I was getting doe since I didn't have to wait like 8 hours to deliver it!

fatbearsecondary
06-15-15, 01:26 PM
How do you increase the the amount of ingredients you can gather?

By expanding your shops and possibly increasing the number of slots your street market has, depending on how you feel about buying from the SM. But shops that are expanded to 5 or 6 make it a lot easier to fill ingredient requests.

I did notice that I did not really get to give too many of the dishes I had on counters to the ship, it simply didn't ask for them after I had them made. Idk if the game actually "knows" what I do and do t have and then asks for what I don't have!(shrugs).

One thing I notice is that you've got several counters filled with foods that the ship never requests. If you want to try the "full counter" method, you'll want to fill with things that the ship does actually request. I hate when a cruise starts and I have counters filled with pizza and valentine foods, but I quick serve them or just pitch them.

So, yah, as of now, ship never asks for pizza oven, Valentine's oven, or any of the temporary dishes. Get them off your counters as soon as you can at the start of a cruise!

LonePudding
06-15-15, 01:26 PM
Hello everyone! :) Sorry to be so late, but yes, Nefertiti and the recipe for the Pistachio Pyramid Cake are both permanent once you unlock Nefertiti from the Catering Event.

Ooh! Just the answer I was hoping for! Thanks for the info. :)

lnztrekfan
06-15-15, 01:38 PM
By expanding your shops and possibly increasing the number of slots your street market has, depending on how you feel about buying from the SM. But shops that are expanded to 5 or 6 make it a lot easier to fill ingredient requests.

I'm level 35 all the items that are in my stores (general, butcher, veggie, and seafood market) that are unlocked I have. My street market is 6 items. I think I misunderstood that you were able to unlock additional quantities of the items I.e. Peppers I can only get 1 every 4 hours. I can not actually increase this to 2 peppers can I? I absolutely have to buy from the street market even though prices are high or else I wouldn't be able to get very far. I mean take anything with mushrooms I can only get 1 every 16 hrs and I really need them sooner than that! So street market is a life saver for me!

cuted1011
06-15-15, 01:46 PM

Yes but will Nefertiti continue to visit us so we can continue to make the cake or do I have to collect all my pistachios now before the deadline. Mine says 5 days. TYIA.

catfoodie
06-15-15, 01:50 PM
I'm level 35 all the items that are in my stores (general, butcher, veggie, and seafood market) that are unlocked I have. My street market is 6 items. I think I misunderstood that you were able to unlock additional quantities of the items I.e. Peppers I can only get 1 every 4 hours. I can not actually increase this to 2 peppers can I? I absolutely have to buy from the street market even though prices are high or else I wouldn't be able to get very far. I mean take anything with mushrooms I can only get 1 every 16 hrs and I really need them sooner than that! So street market is a life saver for me!
If you upgrade your stores you will increase amount of ingredients you will get. For example, my veggie store is level 4 and, therefore, I get 4 peppers every refill. The seafood store is 3 for me so I get 3 ingredients every refill. So the higher level of the store, the more ingredients you get. So if you wanna get more ingredients in shorter time you should work on upgrading stores.

shockingchick
06-15-15, 01:52 PM
I think I misunderstood that you were able to unlock additional quantities of the items I.e. Peppers I can only get 1 every 4 hours. I can not actually increase this to 2 peppers can I?!
YES you can!!
In your stores, there should be a green button at the button that says something like "improve" (dunno, I dont use the english version) and something "+1" in small over it and you can improve your store with nails, hammers, boards and stuff so that you can collect larger quantities per cycle.

ghjvcucjb
06-15-15, 01:53 PM
Yes but will Nefertiti continue to visit us so we can continue to make the cake or do I have to collect all my pistachios now before the deadline. Mine says 5 days. TYIA.

I think you need to make the FIRST one within your timeframe THEN it becomes a permanent part.

ghjvcucjb
06-15-15, 01:54 PM
YES you can!!
In your stores, there should be a green button at the button that says something like "improve" (dunno, I dont use the english version) and something "+1" in small over it and you can improve your store with nails, hammers, boards and stuff so that you can collect larger quantities per cycle.
In English it's UPGRADE

ghjvcucjb
06-15-15, 01:55 PM
hello everyone! :) sorry to be so late, but yes, nefertiti and the recipe for the pistachio pyramid cake are both permanent once you unlock nefertiti from the catering event.

thank you!

ghjvcucjb
06-15-15, 01:56 PM
I've only gotten 1 per visit.

lnztrekfan
06-15-15, 02:01 PM
OMG! I feel like a complete idiot! I thought that just gave you an extra shelf and since I hadn't any unlocked ingredients I didn't think I needed a new shelf! Thank you all so very much!!!

Want to take a guess at what I will now be doing?!;)

cuted1011
06-15-15, 02:06 PM
Ok hopefully she keeps coming back to drop pistachios. Not like the Leprechaun and his shamrocks!

owlerz13
06-15-15, 03:36 PM
My problem with these cruise events is that there's NO leeway with the timing. I was finishing each day by mid-afternoon until Saturday, then we had an internet outage (for my entire town) that lasted nearly 24 hours. I now have 9 hours left, and I don't think I have enough gems/quick serves to make a difference, and no budget for gems right now. I was excited by this one, since the ultimate prize is a way to get a steady supply of gems for the future - like Farm Story 2 has the trains, and because it indicated the event was longer than 10 days.

The only reason I was able to meet the daily prizes until Saturday was that I work from home - if I were in school or had a job out of the house, there's no way I'd ever get close.

txangel1109
06-15-15, 04:13 PM

YAY!!!! I DID IT!!! I completed 10 day cruise! �� ��

ellyse99
06-15-15, 06:29 PM

Upgrade your stores, duh. Then you can collect 2 or more (max is 6) each time it refreshes, instead of just one!

bozotc19
06-15-15, 07:36 PM
Where are the pistachios?

ellyse99
06-15-15, 08:04 PM
Where are the pistachios?

If you've completed the cruise quest, Nefertiti drops them when she visits. Otherwise no way to get them.

you8myfood2
06-15-15, 08:12 PM
Ok only 4 hours left had plenty of time in the beginning waited for the stupid timer to reset each night on the first 3 nights then things came up " like life" was or should I say could have finished it by getting a little ahead but because people work n have other responsibilities instead of sitting in front of their iPad (or whatever device the play on) all day could not finish another cruise ship headed out not finished because of the games this company has played very disappointing. ��

txangel1109
06-15-15, 08:47 PM
Ok only 4 hours left had plenty of time in the beginning waited for the stupid timer to reset each night on the first 3 nights then things came up " like life" was or should I say could have finished it by getting a little ahead but because people work n have other responsibilities instead of sitting in front of their iPad (or whatever device the play on) all day could not finish another cruise ship headed out not finished because of the games this company has played very disappointing. ��

I had to work everyday but two during this 10 day cruise . I set my timer every ten minutes to get items from the street store when I got off work and I set myself up to have at least 2 - 4 coin items every night before going to bed. I kept my counters full. Instead of filling my stoves with the same things I would cook two separate , so at least I had one of that item cooked. Because they call for repeat items I made sure my counters stayed stocked, but Most of the time they didn't ask for those items. The ones that were the hardest were the 10 items. I just tried to keep them in stock as best I could. Some days I had to play longer and some I finished in only 1 - 2 hours total play. Some of it was luck. The last two days they rarely asked for 4 - coin items. A lot of 1 - 2 - 3. I tried never to refresh and work with what I had easier to do more 1 - 2 coin items than waste 30 minutes on refresh. And I did all this on an iPhone. Can't afford an iPad. My stores are only at 3 - 4 items. I hope you have better luck next time. Just wanted you to know that it was hard work and determination and luck that I finished.

owlerz13
06-15-15, 08:54 PM
I think that's the point: the event requires luck in order to finish on time.

Or a lot of $$ spent.

Or constant monitoring, which most people can't do.

More likely, a combination of first and third points, which means the conditions for completion aren't really realistic.

dalielahdawn
06-15-15, 09:02 PM
Feeling optimistic for my last day tomorrow. I've finished the first nine days so far with 10+ hours to spare and not spending gems. Woohoo

ariffraff
06-15-15, 10:29 PM
I think I had the ultimate challenge my last day fell on the same day as a cross country drive. I still managed to make it, though I did spend 80 gems in refreshing 2 coin items.

erxi9
06-16-15, 01:09 AM
Nefertiti should visit us more often so that we could get 3 stars from new chocolate cake!! Each time we need 5 pistacchios and recipe book says we have time limit: 4 days from now. I dont know how many times we have to cook to master level 2 and 3, but level 1 needs 10 times so definitely more than 10. Even though I use master spices every time, it seems quite impossible for me to master chocolate cake. 1 pistacchio every 3 hours? Really? No way!!

ellyse99
06-16-15, 03:06 AM
Nefertiti should visit us more often so that we could get 3 stars from new chocolate cake!! Each time we need 5 pistacchios and recipe book says we have time limit: 4 days from now. I dont know how many times we have to cook to master level 2 and 3, but level 1 needs 10 times so definitely more than 10. Even though I use master spices every time, it seems quite impossible for me to master chocolate cake. 1 pistacchio every 3 hours? Really? No way!!

I don't think you need to master it within the timeframe.

gabstarx
06-16-15, 03:33 AM

Totally agree with you so far 1 day only been able to make one cake basically ganna take a whole day to collect all ingredients just to make 1 cake just rediculous very disappointed with how they have made it almost impossible to enjoy our hard earn prize thanks TL

altheamae64
06-16-15, 05:30 AM
Totally agree with you so far 1 day only been able to make one cake basically ganna take a whole day to collect all ingredients just to make 1 cake just rediculous very disappointed with how they have made it almost impossible to enjoy our hard earn prize thanks TLAnd me.......made a grand total of ONE pyramid cake yesterday - Nefertiti gave me only ONE pistachio on each visit. She visited every 4 hours.

What a pathetic 'gift' this was after 10 days of hard graft loading the cruise ship.

It's insulting and billing it as being a $2,000 value is laughable because after baking my ONE cake, I got ONE gem!!!

OMG - never again.

I can see that they probably make loads of money with people buying their way through these long quests.

Why else would they run them so often and never a whiff of a gem sale in this game?

Pfft

altheamae64
06-16-15, 06:06 AM
Upgrade your stores, duh. Then you can collect 2 or more (max is 6) each time it refreshes, instead of just one!Why are you being so horrible?

People don't post on here to be treated like an idiot by people like you.

If you can't be nice - keep your petty little digs to yourself.

fatbearsecondary
06-16-15, 06:53 AM
Putting these together, somewhere easy to find, since they're not in the first post for some reason? Thanks to all who provided the info, super helpful!

Day 8 is 400 gems. So far the coin value is the same : 4 coins - 60 gems etc.

Day 9: 500 gems

4 coins = 67/68 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
2 coins = 16/17 gems
1 coin = 5/6 gems

4 coins = 67 gems
3 coins = 38 gems
2 coins = 16 gems
1 coin = 5 gems

catfoodie
06-16-15, 07:24 AM
-.- as always people not happy with the prize... Like did you really expect that you would be able to make like 5 cakes a day, or that it will give you like 15 gems every time you cook it? I think 1 cake per day is pretty good, it's a new recipe that gives you coins as well as gems... IMO it's very good prize, not mentioning that there were so much cool decorations prizes almost every day... And luana the dancer visits once a day I think ( maybe 2 not sure) and drops gems on rare occasion, and usually 1 or 2 gems as well. I enjoyed event, was 10 days but it was not extremely hard 10 days with all previous experience and a lot of prizes. So me happy with all prizes and queen in particular.

dalielahdawn
06-16-15, 07:29 AM
-.- as always people not happy with the prize... Like did you really expect that you would be able to make like 5 cakes a day, or that it will give you like 15 gems every time you cook it? I think 1 cake per day is pretty good, it's a new recipe that gives you coins as well as gems... IMO it's very good prize, not mentioning that there were so much cool decorations prizes almost every day... And luana the dancer visits once a day I think ( maybe 2 not sure) and drops gems on rare occasion, and usually 1 or 2 gems as well. I enjoyed event, was 10 days but it was not extremely hard 10 days with all previous experience and a lot of prizes. So me happy with all prizes and queen in particular.
^^^Ditto!^^^

bobbyrae
06-16-15, 07:42 AM

In the very first post on this thread:

And it is possible to master the cake. It will take longer, but it is possible.

erxi9
06-16-15, 10:36 AM
@bobbyrae
Thanks! I didnt check that message in the first post and recipe book saying 4d made me confused here. I'm so relieved :)

Jennerwein1
06-16-15, 11:00 AM

Agreed!!! I think this event was fun, doable with what I read on the forum and learned from other events. Love the prizes (especially animated ones) and Nef is too cute (just like Luana, who has brought me many a gem :) ) I am so glad she is permanent. Now I have a new objective: bake cakes! My peeps are going to get fat ! So, ja, this was a great event for me!!!

xxangelmariexxx
06-16-15, 11:03 AM
And me.......made a grand total of ONE pyramid cake yesterday - Nefertiti gave me only ONE pistachio on each visit. She visited every 4 hours.

What a pathetic 'gift' this was after 10 days of hard graft loading the cruise ship.

It's insulting and billing it as being a $2,000 value is laughable because after baking my ONE cake, I got ONE gem!!!

OMG - never again.

I can see that they probably make loads of money with people buying their way through these long quests.

Why else would they run them so often and never a whiff of a gem sale in this game?

Pfft

I got 2 gems from the cake

poise86
06-16-15, 11:26 AM
I got 1 gem on my first cake, 2 gems on my second and my third cake got 5 gems :)

mamareader02
06-16-15, 12:36 PM
Ok,so if I've completed the cruise goal,and made the one cake goal,why does the cake still have a 4 day timer on it?(on oven it doesn't show timer,but in the recipe book it does).

LonePudding
06-16-15, 01:05 PM
Agreed!!! I think this event was fun, doable with what I read on the forum and learned from other events. Love the prizes (especially animated ones) and Nef is too cute (just like Luana, who has brought me many a gem :) ) I am so glad she is permanent. Now I have a new objective: bake cakes! My peeps are going to get fat ! So, ja, this was a great event for me!!!

Totally agree! I personally love the difficulty of these. This is the first one I've won and hopefully I can manage to win them wll from here.

GrapeHeadX3
06-16-15, 02:20 PM
I just completed the event and I didn't spend a single gem! Thanks to everyone who posted advice and information about the event. It was super useful. :)

kimberly0822
06-16-15, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know if the recipe stays after the event. Not gonna make it to the end so was thinking about using gems to complete., but if the recipe goes after the even is over then not wort it. Will it last forever and give gems forever? TL reps can you please advise asap, im down to 34 hours before the event is over so i need to know quickly. Thanks in advance

cquinn32
06-16-15, 03:10 PM
Wonder if they have changed it so that Nefriti only drops one pistachio per visit? I've collected from her about 7 or 8 times now and only receive one each time.

txangel1109
06-16-15, 03:24 PM
Is 20 the max # of counters u can get? I currently at 16 but at level 49.

dalielahdawn
06-16-15, 03:39 PM
It says I can get another counter at level 56. I have 20 currently.

441sogo
06-16-15, 03:40 PM

Thank you for confirming that Nefertiti and the recipe are permanent. There are a lot of players concerned that they will both go away once the event ends! I'm glad the rewards stay after all the work! :)

On a related note, will the cake pay out gems for as long as we cook it??? There is some concern that the gem portion of the prize will be limited to the timeframe of the event OR however many cooks it takes to achieve full mastery. Some clarification would be greatly appreciated!!

bobbyrae
06-16-15, 05:23 PM
@bobbyrae
Thanks! I didnt check that message in the first post and recipe book saying 4d made me confused here. I'm so relieved :)

On a related note, will the cake pay out gems for as long as we cook it??? There is some concern that the gem portion of the prize will be limited to the timeframe of the event OR however many cooks it takes to achieve full mastery. Some clarification would be greatly appreciated!!

I hope this will be clarified as well. In my recipe book it says I have 3days left. http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/1abfbacebb7221782a8be3ca6af1b297.jpg

What exactly is that 3 days for in light of Sparkly Octopus' response that the cake and Nefertiti are permanent?

Jennerwein1
06-16-15, 06:48 PM
Why are the pistachios in the special storage ( like love letters and blood oranges were) ? These usually go away after the event ends. So are the pistachios not permanent then?

altheamae64
06-17-15, 01:41 AM
You'll have to forgive me for NOT being able to get excited about characters I had to work hard to achieve, giving me 'gifts' that Cid used to give me every day FOR NOTHING!

You really couldn't make it up...............takes all sorts I guess.

Oh and if the objective of the quests is to bring a bit of excitement to the game, how about opening up the hot dog van and fishing boat?

They're there for a purpose I assume?

ellyse99
06-17-15, 03:15 AM
Why are the pistachios in the special storage ( like love letters and blood oranges were) ? These usually go away after the event ends. So are the pistachios not permanent then?

No the pistachios won't go away, just like the love letters. There's no timer next to them, unlike the blood oranges and confetti.

Jennerwein1
06-17-15, 05:26 AM
No the pistachios won't go away, just like the love letters. There's no timer next to them, unlike the blood oranges and confetti.

Thanks ellyse99. Forgot about the timer.

dalielahdawn
06-17-15, 07:06 AM
Got 10 gems from my first cake. Wow

xxangelmariexxx
06-17-15, 07:13 AM
Got 10 gems from my first cake. Wow

wow nice

kooky panda
06-17-15, 10:54 AM
I hope this will be clarified as well. In my recipe book it says I have 3days left. http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/1abfbacebb7221782a8be3ca6af1b297.jpg

What exactly is that 3 days for in light of Sparkly Octopus' response that the cake and Nefertiti are permanent?

I will check on this. It may mean there is only 3 days left to unlock the recipe.

dalielahdawn
06-17-15, 11:30 AM
You'll have to forgive me for NOT being able to get excited about characters I had to work hard to achieve, giving me 'gifts' that Cid used to give me every day FOR NOTHING!

Cid giving a gem here and there was USELESS. I'd rather him give me tools (all which cost more than one gem) than a gem instead.

catfoodie
06-17-15, 11:39 AM
Cid giving a gem here and there was USELESS. I'd rather him give me tools (all which cost more than one gem) than a gem instead.
Totally agree, when cid comes I'm looking to get tools I need. When I was getting 1-2 gems I was actually pissed because it's pretty useless and pretty rare. Recipe, in other hand, provides gems on regular basis and you know what you getting.

cquinn32
06-17-15, 11:52 AM
I'm totally satisfied with the reward for completing the event!! Every day or so I know I get at least a couple gems from the cake. You never know what your going to get from luana, most days I only get 1 quick serve or 500 coins.

cuted1011
06-17-15, 01:46 PM
It seems Queen is coming more frequently than 3 hours now. Only 1 per visit but if she visits more often that should be ok.

bobbyrae
06-17-15, 03:19 PM
It seems Queen is coming more frequently than 3 hours now. Only 1 per visit but if she visits more often that should be ok.
It varies how many nuts we get. Since completing the goal I have been getting only one nut per visit. Today for the first time I got 5 nuts when i clicked on her and 2 gems when the cake was served.

gabstarx
06-17-15, 05:26 PM
3rd day Nefertiti visits me every 3 hours normal only get one Pistachio but this morning big surprise I got 10 Pistachio so hopefully you all get a lucky surprise with heaps of Pistachio today :)

Perry9877
06-17-15, 05:39 PM
Id
Did you finish the last day? As in, one more day after receiving the oasis with the crocodile?

I'm not sure if you were referring to me, but I have lots more than just 6k of whatever sitting on my counters, more than 60k, even. Right now:

89k Ginger Tea (almost 90k, probably will be 90k by the time the current one finishes cooking)
71k BLT
71k Veggie Sushi
53k Baked Salmon
52k Tomato Soup
50k Creme Brulee
41k Chicken Broccoli Casserole
24k Chicken Salad
24k Stew
19k Split Pea Soup
14k Lobster Bisque
13k Osso Buco
12k Coq Au Vin
11k Stuffed Peppers
6k Cucumber Sandwich
4k Ginger Snaps
4k Lobster Thermidor
3k Tuna Casserole
3k Mandarin Salad
1k Meatloaf (just started making it)

Yes, Ellyse, I do believe I was referring to you and I am sorry to have misrepresented the amazing numbers of your stock. I meant no disrespect, I am in awe of your achievements!

As far as any activity I do not remember seeing any further tasks after I completed the task with the Oasis as the prize. It has been a very hectic week for us. My daughter has a seizure disorder and has had a very bad week, having an average of 15 seizures per day and I may have missed something. I, myself have been running on caffeine and stress.

I guess there will always be another event. I did get to buy the decorations I had my heart set on, so I can be content with that. And my daughter is doing better and that is what really matters at the end of the day (or week).

gilachaya
06-17-15, 08:38 PM
Id
Yes, Ellyse, I do believe I was referring to you and I am sorry to have misrepresented the amazing numbers of your stock. I meant no disrespect, I am in awe of your achievements!

As far as any activity I do not remember seeing any further tasks after I completed the task with the Oasis as the prize. It has been a very hectic week for us. My daughter has a seizure disorder and has had a very bad week, having an average of 15 seizures per day and I may have missed something. I, myself have been running on caffeine and stress.

I guess there will always be another event. I did get to buy the decorations I had my heart set on, so I can be content with that. And my daughter is doing better and that is what really matters at the end of the day (or week).

I'm glad your daughter is doing better!

ellyse99
06-17-15, 11:21 PM
Id

No worries, no offense taken. My Ginger Tea is now actually more than 100k servings already! I just bought a 2nd juice maker so it'll go up even faster now.

And, I'm happy to know your daughter is better. Prizes on a virtual game can never compare with the health and happiness of loved ones.

KadeeDid
06-17-15, 11:36 PM
I just had too much on the go all week and have been away last few weekends. My Catering Event says 9 days and has 0/2 but I am unable to do anything with it. Way too many gems needed for Nefertiti. What does the 9 days mean?

MeruBunny
06-18-15, 01:11 AM
Wow, how did you manage to cook so much??? Can you please give some tips XD
I am struggleing with money in this game and don't have enough to unlock everything, and Cartering events keep eating all my money lol
Some advice would be much appreciated

xheatherxx3
06-18-15, 09:35 AM
Hey everybody.. Since completing the event, (the first time I luckily collected 5 pistachios) I only get one pistachio per visit from the queen? Hmm.. I'm wondering if it's just random or what? lol :p

infinitelove19
06-18-15, 09:55 AM
Hey everybody.. Since completing the event, (the first time I luckily collected 5 pistachios) I only get one pistachio per visit from the queen? Hmm.. I'm wondering if it's just random or what? lol :p

Yup, it's random. Reported drops of 1, 2 , 5 & 10 pistachios and same reports for the number of gems received from baking the Pyramid Cake.
Personally I have collected over a dozen times, receive 10 pistachios once, and only 1 every other time. I have baked four cakes, and only received 1 & 2 gems at a time. Nefertiti visits regularly, every 3 hours.

bobbyrae
06-18-15, 10:49 AM
I got another 5 nuts this morning. And another 2 gems from that serving too. Still haven't been fortunate enough to get 10 nuts though.

I also got another 5 nuts this afternoon too.

luna2cute
06-18-15, 12:12 PM
I think the cat is cuter though, it moves! :D

I'm also quite amused by my crocodile (in the oasis) and my pig on the spit... The crocodile looks like it's trying to eat the pig :P have a look at my restaurant to see for yourselves!

Didnt get either. :( only the wall mask of tut. I've never completed a cruise yet. Maybe next time. I wanted to complete this one as I can't ever seem to get more than 5 gems a month or so. Boring that way.

Perry9877
06-18-15, 02:26 PM
I'm glad your daughter is doing better!

Thank you gilachaya and ellyese99 for your kind words. We are having a much better time of it this week. We are slaying dragons and gathering sprinkles. Also we are trying to at least unlock recipes. Happy cooking everyone!

madameteapot
06-18-15, 03:09 PM
I find the amount of time expected for players to give in order to even try to win any cruise event is just frustrating.

Honestly, it's making me very sick of this game. I really tried in this event, but I guess since I can't devote 4+ hours every single day(what it feels like it would take) well, too bad.

People have lives! We have to work to make that money to spend on those gems!

Edit- Reading back in the forum, it takes an entire day to make a cake? What in the fudge? All that work you're expecting people to do for a piddly pathetic prize?

If you want to entice people to play your game, you need to get on the generosity train Storm 8.

bobbyrae
06-18-15, 04:23 PM
@madameteapot, if you haven't done so already, work on upgrading your stores, especially general, butcher and vegetable, to at least level 4. Also work on upgrading your pantry to hold as much as possible. Of all the stores, work on upgrading the general store first of all because of the sugar needs. Then upgrade vegetable store, then butcher. But most importantly, upgrade your pantry. You need as much space in your pantry to be able to stockpile ingredients that take a long time to refresh.

This will take time, I know, because CID is so stingy. But just keep at it. Another thing is to really strategise how you play. I have a real job that requires that I devote at least ten to twelve hours per day to work. I don't have time to keep checking the game every couple of hours. So, I try to knock off as much as possible early in the morning or at night. I tried to make sure that I filled more 3 & 4 coin orders than 1 or 2 coin orders and that way I was able to finish the first few days very quickly. The last two days are a challenge, but because I had a headstart with 4 coin items to start off the day I was still able to finish with several hours to spare. I wasn't able to finish the first two or three events after I first started either but it does get a lot easier and it can definitely be done without using gems too.

madameteapot
06-18-15, 04:33 PM
@madameteapot, if you haven't done so already, work on upgrading your stores, especially general, butcher and vegetable, to at least level 4. Also work on upgrading your pantry to hold as much as possible. Of all the stores, work on upgrading the general store first of all because of the sugar needs. Then upgrade vegetable store, then butcher. But most importantly, upgrade your pantry. You need as much space in your pantry to be able to stockpile ingredients that take a long time to refresh.

This will take time, I know, because CID is so stingy. But just keep at it. Another thing is to really strategise how you play. I have a real job that requires that I devote at least ten to twelve hours per day to work. I don't have time to keep checking the game every couple of hours. So, I try to knock off as much as possible early in the morning or at night. I tried to make sure that I filled more 3 & 4 coin orders than 1 or 2 coin orders and that way I was able to finish the first few days very quickly. The last two days are a challenge, but because I had a head-start with 4 coin items to start off the day I was still able to finish with several hours to spare. I wasn't able to finish the first two or three events after I first started either but it does get a lot easier and it can definitely be done without using gems too.

Hey, thanks! But, I'm not new to the game at all. I've certainly worked on maxing out my pantry as much as I can. Level 36 or so I think, 90 storage space. I typically do OK having what I need on hand, at least 75% of the time. I get what you're saying.

I just find the whole "pay to win" concept a bit frustrating. I get that games want to make money. This is fine when a game is balanced to entice payers, and keep normal players. That balance I've noticed in RS2 is entirely titled only towards payers. Normal players get the shaft.

Now, I'm not super into this game for that very reason. I find myself playing it less and less. I'd rather give my money to better games.

Just my two cents, and why share it? I dunno, maybe Storm 8 might see they're scaring away a lot of the potential money they could be making by being stingy. Chances are that will never happen but it makes me feel better putting it somewhere.

Jite1
06-18-15, 05:38 PM
When it says the cake gives you gems, does this last past the end of the event? Does it go on forever? what does it do? I don't think I will buy gems if its a temp thing. I think We should get another week at least for this event. I'm more interested in getting the cake just for the looks not really for gems but I'd have to spend $60 for it which is way too steep.

xheatherxx3
06-18-15, 08:22 PM
Awesome thanks for the Info!! :)

ellyse99
06-19-15, 02:16 AM
Just to clarify... I have never spent any real money on the game. All the gems I have are from Cid (when he used to drop them) and now Luana. I also connected to FaceBook and then disconnected immediately.

vuvhappy
06-19-15, 04:31 AM
I like the game but those cruise ship events are frustrating. I haven't finished one yet. I always need at least one day more. Also they start in the middle of the night so I lose timely important hours. :(

carnold4
06-19-15, 08:07 AM
Failed at another cruise event. Don't think I'll try another. Soooo frustrating!! I was determined to get this one, and on the last day I was off work and played 16 hours straight. All the was to the last minute at 3 am. Had only a 1 coin order left to fill. The last couple hours I kept refreshing orders to get a fast one and it kept giving me 6 hour orders and had trouble logging on the server? Really made me think this whole thing is a scam to get people to spend money on the game! And to let people know I'm not new. I've been playing for 7 months and level 44. Pantry is 110. And all stores are level 4. So yeah think I'm done with this ****!!

dalielahdawn
06-19-15, 10:56 AM
Finished it all. But cake still says says 3.5 hours on it. Getting nervous.

altheamae64
06-19-15, 04:03 PM
Cid giving a gem here and there was USELESS. I'd rather him give me tools (all which cost more than one gem) than a gem instead.I think you've missed the point I was making.

Cid used to give a gem once per day AND TOOLS on each other visit.

I've played since the start and never, ever had any problems expanding or upgrading my stores nor pantry with this regime.

Why 'fix' what ain't broke?

It's only since Cid STOPPED giving gems that I've struggled with upgrades.

I don't understand how having to do 10 day quests in order to achieve gem-giving characters in the game is an improvement and is being met by some as something great.

I don't see it that way. I see the removal of this feature from Cid as a negative thing because NOT ALL PLAYERS ARE ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE QUESTS!

Call me old-fashioned, but I kinda like the idea of fairness and with Cid distributing the gems - we had that.

Blazin_Betty
06-25-15, 08:52 PM
I miss Cid giving gems, too

domein012
06-26-15, 09:45 AM
Never by an extra slot you lose your diamonds after that so its a one time use. I found out the hard way and I wish I never done it

domein012
06-26-15, 09:48 AM
And what I think about the game now? Rediculess . 25 needed items to use the bbq I am thinking to stop . Need 20 diamonds for a wal or tile ...... You crazy that's not fun anymore

laydeegaga
06-27-15, 08:08 AM
The Egyptian queen stopped coming to my restaurant yesterday. It's been 24 hours since I last saw her. I guess she was not a permanent character after all? Is she still showing up for anyone else?

fatbearsecondary
06-27-15, 08:29 AM
The Egyptian queen stopped coming to my restaurant yesterday. It's been 24 hours since I last saw her. I guess she was not a permanent character after all? Is she still showing up for anyone else?

Looks like it's everyone, right now. Post in the bug thread? ;)
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82648-nefertiti-stops-showing-up-after-the-July-4-event-update

laydeegaga
06-27-15, 08:35 AM
Looks like it's everyone, right now. Post in the bug thread? ;)
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82648-nefertiti-stops-showing-up-after-the-July-4-event-update