PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Lady Pfefferknot's Visit! (EXPIRED EVENT) 6/4/15 - 6/29/15

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

EBJW
06-11-15, 01:01 AM
Anyone else noticed Jinx and Chartreux are twins....?!

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 01:20 AM
I'll report your issue 'The SweetStudio'... Yes I quite like picture 3 too!

Anaboe
06-11-15, 01:45 AM
SpiritWind, in my previous post I calculated that it will be impossible to finish all three goals and asked you to let Storm8 know that it is impossible, despite their reassurings that all would be possible without spending gems.

Did you see that post? Can you please let Storm8 know that the game-design of this event is flawed, so it does forces you to spent gems in order to be able to get all goals?

kingdomgirl1234
06-11-15, 02:21 AM
Here is my first time to post a picture. It's of the wine tasting barrel which is right next to my pink pavilion. Hope this works.

Love the layout of your vineyard. Looking forward to arranging my kingdom when the event is over

shambalaya
06-11-15, 02:29 AM
My level 5 vineyard is beautiful:

This happened at level 3, too, except it was a copy of a royal wall. I've forced shut both games and my phone, and it's still happening. I tried putting the vineyard into storage, and moving it around, but still.

When I slide the screen around, it turns into other things:

This one made me laugh:

But seriously, it's getting annoying. Has this happened to anyone else? Why can't I see my vineyard?!?!?!

Lol! That is too funny :-D

kingdomgirl1234
06-11-15, 02:35 AM
Hahaha...thanks for the laugh. :D

And my husband thinks I have a problem with this game!! too funny

EBJW
06-11-15, 03:06 AM
SpiritWind, in my previous post I calculated that it will be impossible to finish all three goals and asked you to let Storm8 know that it is impossible, despite their reassurings that all would be possible without spending gems.

Did you see that post? Can you please let Storm8 know that the game-design of this event is flawed, so it does forces you to spent gems in order to be able to get all goals?

I've been away for a couple of days, couldn't play much, but ususally any time-quest/event is no problem for me. Not even when I'm out of order for some time.
This time however...

The grapes are no problem, I have 2578 right now.
But the barrels/corks are...!! Only this morning I received my fifth barrel, so I can finally level up to 4, but I won't cause I wonder if I'll make it to level 10 in time without spending gems. And I certainly don't want an unfinished building!
And when I read about the timed quests in between... My courage sank into my shoes (dutch expression), so much stress in such narrow time, and the timelimit is too narrow!

So now I save up all barrels (haha) and corks and wait till I have the total amount, but I doubt that will happen in this rate...

So indeed, please SpiritWind, tell management the timed quests are a a pain in the behind and it's too tough to level up to 10 in time for lots of people!! Even for players who ususally are doing fine in quests like these.....

And please request for an extra possibility to earn more barrels and corks (earn, not buy with money or gems)!!

katbtodd
06-11-15, 03:33 AM
Anyone else noticed Jinx and Chartreux are twins....?!

No, one litter gray ,different colored eyes and the ears are different too

katbtodd
06-11-15, 03:40 AM
The key is not to level up to 5 until you have enough surplus barrels and corks to go straight up to level 8. You won't be missing out on any drops this way (except grapes) and it will be easy to complete the goals in the time allowed

Good idea ,but to me the goal to level up to 9 should not even show up until you done the goal to level up 7 and you might have a change to get it , this was so wrong to do it this way ,SPIRIT was this a bug or was it meant this way , I still need at least 3 more collection to get to level7 if my drops are good ones 12/15 corks 13/15 barrels

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 04:29 AM
Thinking it's a bit weird to have these 3 goals simultaneously. SpiritWind, will you PLEASE let Storm8 know this truly impossible
edited quote.

hi Anaboe, yes I did this earlier today, but didn't get a chance to let you all know here. There hasn't been a response yet, but I'll check again in the morning as soon as I'm up. :)

mreames
06-11-15, 04:37 AM
You should definitely go ahead and level up to 4 so that you start getting 2 items from your vineyard. Also, the timed portions are not absolutely necessary so don't let that get you down. :)

I've been away for a couple of days, couldn't play much, but ususally any time-quest/event is no problem for me. Not even when I'm out of order for some time.
This time however...

But the barrels/corks are...!! Only this morning I received my fifth barrel, so I can finally level up to 4, but I won't cause I wonder if I'll make it to level 10 in time without spending gems. And I certainly don't want an unfinished building!
And when I read about the timed quests in between... My courage sank into my shoes (dutch expression), so much stress in such narrow time, and the timelimit is too narrow!

So now I save up all barrels (haha) and corks and wait till I have the total amount, but I doubt that will happen in this rate...

So indeed, please SpiritWind, tell management the timed quests are a a pain in the behind and it's too tough to level up to 10 in time for lots of people!! Even for players who ususally are doing fine in quests like these.....

And please request for an extra possibility to earn more barrels and corks (earn, not buy with money or gems)!!

Anaboe
06-11-15, 04:47 AM
Thanks, SW :) You're great!

ait_vedan
06-11-15, 05:03 AM
Do we need the Royal Exchange somewhere in this quest?
I have everything ready to send Thomas' letter to Agnes, but that will keep the Royal Exchange iccupied for 3 days. I won't do that if we need it for this quest, but I can't see it anywhere in the goals. Or am I missing something?

kingdomgirl1234
06-11-15, 05:04 AM
From what I understand you don't need to complete the timed challenges to get to level 10. I looked at the challenge to get from level 5 to level 7 in 5 days and it would require me getting up at 7 and stay up till 1:00 next morning (not going to happen) to be able to receive the number of corks and barrels needed. That is if I get exactly 50/50 of each. for one barrel or one cork seems way too much stress. Waiting to trigger the timer (I'm not levelling up to 5 as I am doing well with grapes) until you have sufficient C and Bs to get to level 7 is the only way to succeed with this challenge. that being said, I am enjoying the challenge and using the strategies my fellow gamers are giving us. Thanks to everyone, I couldn't achieve this without all your posts. I
This time however...

mreames
06-11-15, 05:11 AM
Do we need the Royal Exchange somewhere in this quest?
I have everything ready to send Thomas' letter to Agnes, but that will keep the Royal Exchange iccupied for 3 days. I won't do that if we need it for this quest, but I can't see it anywhere in the goals. Or am I missing something?

I'd say it's a good time to send the letter. No this event doesn't use the royal exchange. ;)

DrP4ever
06-11-15, 05:31 AM
Still full of corks, no barrels. Decided to try to speed up with a few gems. Both times received corks when I need barrels. No more gems being spent by me. Not achievable to get to the end for me.

Simdiva
06-11-15, 05:32 AM
All my pigs counted, I finished that goal last night

nikkimommy2014
06-11-15, 05:38 AM
This time however...

Definitely level up to 4. It won't trigger any timed quests and gives you two drops at a time. Those of us who are OCD and can't stand not completing a goal are waiting to level up to 5 but it doesn't hurt you if you don't complete the short goals in time.

mreames
06-11-15, 05:41 AM
Still full of corks, no barrels. Decided to try to speed up with a few gems. Both times received corks when I need barrels. No more gems being spent by me. Not achievable to get to the end for me.

Have you had 0 barrels since the beginning? (Not counting rewards) I certainly wouldn't give up, in hopes that you get a string of barrels. But, yeah, that can sure be frustrating and especially if you've never received a barrel.

ShibuyaCloth
06-11-15, 05:58 AM
Have you had 0 barrels since the beginning? (Not counting rewards) I certainly wouldn't give up, in hopes that you get a string of barrels. But, yeah, that can sure be frustrating and especially if you've never received a barrel.

Well I have a huge skew toward corks. Currently a difference gap of 26. So I snail slow until I can even upgrade to level 5. I will wait off until I have 25 barrels or so. I will have 60 corks by that time :D

ait_vedan
06-11-15, 06:10 AM
I'd say it's a good time to send the letter. No this event doesn't use the royal exchange. ;)

Thank you

Rockylandia
06-11-15, 07:25 AM
Lol, I think this game is mischievous. After my complaints about getting nothing but corks, I finally gemmed up and started getting double drops. I was happy to find my barrels catching up to my corks, which they recently did. Since then - you guessed it - nothing but barrels! I would be annoyed but it's too funny.

tuffyjkitten
06-11-15, 07:42 AM
Based on what I've read I'm waiting to level up to 5 until I have enough corks and barrels to get to 7 and thru that first timed part. That's fine. What annoys me is that ever since I made that decision I stopped getting one of each drop from my vineyard, so after 2 days I still don't have enough barrels to get to level 5 even if I wanted to!

Usually in these kinds of events I have no trouble with the upgrading but feel lucky if I even get close to the 4th individual prize. This one is backwards! I will get that 4th prize later today and be done with the grapes part before I leave for vacation next weekend. I doubt I will finish the upgrading in the time allowed since we have strict playing time rules when we are on a trip.

meme1098
06-11-15, 08:03 AM
Based on what I've read I'm waiting to level up to 5 until I have enough corks and barrels to get to 7 and thru that first timed part. That's fine. What annoys me is that ever since I made that decision I stopped getting one of each drop from my vineyard, so after 2 days I still don't have enough barrels to get to level 5 even if I wanted to!

Usually in these kinds of events I have no trouble with the upgrading but feel lucky if I even get close to the 4th individual prize. This one is backwards! I will get that 4th prize later today and be done with the grapes part before I leave for vacation next weekend. I doubt I will finish the upgrading in the time allowed since we have strict playing time rules when we are on a trip.

Have a good time on your vacation & don't worry about it. I was gone last weekend & way behind leveling the vineyard, just got to 4 yesterday, but I will not use gems to get to the final level. It's quite obvious no one can without gemming the last few levels... :/ And pretty sure that's by design.

kittensabc
06-11-15, 08:16 AM
Have a good time on your vacation & don't worry about it. I was gone last weekend & way behind leveling the vineyard, just got to 4 yesterday, but I will not use gems to get to the final level. It's quite obvious no one can without gemming the last few levels... :/ And pretty sure that's by design.At this point I could still get to the last level if I was willing to get only six hours of sleep every night. I think that we will get some new quests with corks and barrels or somehow the pace will increase because right now it would not be possible for the majority of people.

EBJW
06-11-15, 08:21 AM
You should definitely go ahead and level up to 4 so that you start getting 2 items from your vineyard. Also, the timed portions are not absolutely necessary so don't let that get you down. :)

From what I understand you don't need to complete the timed challenges to get to level 10. I looked at the challenge to get from level 5 to level 7 in 5 days and it would require me getting up at 7 and stay up till 1:00 next morning (not going to happen) to be able to receive the number of corks and barrels needed. That is if I get exactly 50/50 of each. for one barrel or one cork seems way too much stress. Waiting to trigger the timer (I'm not levelling up to 5 as I am doing well with grapes) until you have sufficient C and Bs to get to level 7 is the only way to succeed with this challenge. that being said, I am enjoying the challenge and using the strategies my fellow gamers are giving us. Thanks to everyone, I couldn't achieve this without all your posts. I

Definitely level up to 4. It won't trigger any timed quests and gives you two drops at a time. Those of us who are OCD and can't stand not completing a goal are waiting to level up to 5 but it doesn't hurt you if you don't complete the short goals in time.

Thanx for thinking with me;
not being able to finish the timed quests is not the main issue for me. It will give me a lot of stress, yes, but I can continue if I fail.
My main worry is: I can't see me getting enough barrels and corks to complete the building. I like having a vineyard in my kingdom! But I certainly don't want an unfinished one.... And going now to level 4 gives me an unfinished one until it reaches level 10, doesn't it?!

ktorewqas
06-11-15, 08:48 AM
Well I have a huge skew toward corks. Currently a difference gap of 26. So I snail slow until I can even upgrade to level 5. I will wait off until I have 25 barrels or so. I will have 60 corks by that time :D

that's scary yesterday I had a gap of 19 (corks more than barrels). Thought maybe that was the cap, yours ... Hope you can get more more barrels. Now my gap is 15 ... Keep my fingers crossed ...

Rockylandia
06-11-15, 09:05 AM
EBJW, someone very kindly posted showing a Level 8 vineyard looking exactly like a Level 10, so I think your vineyard will look complete if you can reach Level 8.

I'm not stressing over corks and barrels since reaching Level 4, since I figure with double drops I'll eventually get enough for at least Level 8.

CharmOfLea
06-11-15, 09:15 AM
EBJW, someone very kindly posted showing a Level 8 vineyard looking exactly like a Level 10, so I think your vineyard will look complete if you can reach Level 8.

I'm not stressing over corks and barrels since reaching Level 4, since I figure with double drops I'll eventually get enough for at least Level 8.
It was Annie. Since then, my goal is to reach at least L8, however, only L10 will have drops after the event...

FrostyFrida
06-11-15, 09:34 AM
Will hunting bandits reward corks & barrels at lv7? Anybody knows how many? I am working in the kitchen, making hearty feasts...

mreames
06-11-15, 09:39 AM
I still think the vineyard should have been set up to drop more corks and barrels at level 7, not level 8. That doesn't seem consistent with anything they've done in the past.

mreames
06-11-15, 09:39 AM
Will hunting bandits reward corks & barrels at lv7? Anybody knows how many? I am working in the kitchen, making hearty feasts...

All I know is they don't at level 6.

katbtodd
06-11-15, 09:53 AM

I just got grapes

kittensabc
06-11-15, 11:31 AM
Prediction:

Value pack sporting corks, barrels, or both

Some new quests to give us corks

mreames
06-11-15, 11:53 AM
I've been expecting both but I guess we will see. They may choose to split it up for more sales later. Lol

I was so wrong today :(
200 gem Ivy bakery

Prediction:

Value pack sporting corks, barrels, or both

Some new quests to give us corks

2joos
06-11-15, 11:56 AM
is there an update today?

88silver
06-11-15, 12:03 PM
There appears to be an unrelated update to build a (gem) kitchen that makes skunku-pies.

kittensabc
06-11-15, 12:03 PM
is there an update today?
Yes, but it looks unrelated so far.

mreames
06-11-15, 12:05 PM
Thank you

But I didn't count on a new quest that does utilize the royal exchange. :(

madeinseattle
06-11-15, 12:08 PM
The new Ivys Bakery has a 5 day timer on it...does this mean we can only buy the new bakery for 200 gems in that time,limit?
Or...will it be available later? After the event.

kittensabc
06-11-15, 12:10 PM
The new Ivys Bakery has a 5 day timer on it...does this mean we can only buy the new bakery for 200 gems in that time,limit?
The 10 gem rebate is limited time, the building is forever.

mreames
06-11-15, 12:13 PM

Hopefully the timer is just for the rebate but I guess we will find out more, later.

anotherfungame
06-11-15, 12:15 PM
15 Skunkupies???
So I placed Ivy's Kitchen (24 hour collection time) for 200 gems and got 10 gems as a reward :confused:
Then it asks for a Skunkupie trade at the Exchange which requires 15 Skunkupies.
Oh by the way, did I mention you have to acquire 15 pies and do the 6 hour trade within 7 days???
Is this possible? If any one is up for the challenge and wouldn't mind gemming up the Ivy's Kitchen to see how many pies we get, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance;)

madeinseattle
06-11-15, 12:19 PM
The 10 gem rebate is limited time, the building is forever.

Thank you :)

mreames
06-11-15, 12:21 PM
So it's not a traditional kitchen of some type but rather it drops something once a day?

15 Skunkupies???
So I placed Ivy's Kitchen (24 hour collection time) for 200 gems and got 10 gems as a reward :confused:
Then it asks for a Skunkupie trade at the Exchange which requires 15 Skunkupies.
Oh by the way, did I mention you have to acquire 15 pies and do the 6 hour trade within 7 days???
Is this possible? If any one is up for the challenge and wouldn't mind gemming up the Ivy's Kitchen to see how many pies we get, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance;)

madeinseattle
06-11-15, 12:21 PM
Hopefully the timer is just for the rebate but I guess we will find out more, later.

Thank you ..I guess it is...I'll start saving my gems but I sure have a long way to go...lol :)

kittensabc
06-11-15, 12:24 PM
So where is our update for the community event? :p

anotherfungame
06-11-15, 12:27 PM
So it's not a traditional kitchen of some type but rather it drops something once a day?

In front of the kitchen/bakery, you can see Skunkupies lined up. I would assume (uh oh, I know I shouldn't do that,lol) that it would drop the pies if it is requiring pies for the trade.
(Sorry, still don't know how to attach pictures:()

nikkimommy2014
06-11-15, 12:29 PM
So where is our update for the community event? :p

Next week?

napertown
06-11-15, 12:35 PM
Next week?

And once again, no expansions. New building, all of these cat decorations... UGH!!!

meme1098
06-11-15, 12:37 PM
See the thread for Ivy's Bakery here

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82285-Castle-Story-Update-06-11-Ivy-s-Bakery

judafarm
06-11-15, 12:38 PM
Where do I find the skubkupies????

judafarm
06-11-15, 12:39 PM
I mean: skunkupies...

Meowmeowbeans
06-11-15, 12:48 PM

This happened at level 3, too, except it was a copy of a royal wall. I've forced shut both games and my phone, and it's still happening. I tried putting the vineyard into storage, and moving it around, but still.

This one made me laugh:

But seriously, it's getting annoying. Has this happened to anyone else? Why can't I see my vineyard?!?!?!

Your Vineyard Estate is quite the master of disguises! Can you let us know, if you try to rotate this building do you still experience the issue?

jim23cash
06-11-15, 01:01 PM
15 Skunkupies???
I sped it up once, it was 48 gems, and I got one (1) Skunkupie and one flour. And someone else reported that the trade in Exchange disappears after you do it once. I'm twice disappointed. I thought it was a Bakery I could use, and I thought at least I could do the trade often with it. Nope. :(

kittensabc
06-11-15, 01:02 PM
Your Vineyard Estate is quite the master of disguises! Can you let us know, if you try to rotate this building do you still experience the issue?

Could you please clarify, if you know, what the plan is for the Vineyard? As everything stands (to the best of my knowledge) you would need to collect over 5 times every day to get to level 10.

jim23cash
06-11-15, 01:03 PM

Ivy's Cottage drops them occasionally, and there is a trade in the exchange where you get them sometimes. I think it's the trade with Ivy's a Sister Belladonna one, but not the plant one. The one that takes mushrooms.

carleeclub
06-11-15, 01:25 PM
Has anyone else had their Daily Trade and Daily Trade for Grapes disappear??
I don't have those any longer.

SHINeeFan23
06-11-15, 01:28 PM

I still have my daily trade. I already did the one for grapes so I hope it returns.

jim23cash
06-11-15, 01:29 PM

I had a new one appear a little bit ago, required purple and white petals, seeds. Try force closing and restarting to see if that helps. :D

madeinseattle
06-11-15, 01:32 PM

I got my trade for grapes already. I didn't get it until I deleted the current trade that had expired, if that makes any sense.

mreames
06-11-15, 01:35 PM
I got my trade for grapes already. I didn't get it until I deleted the current trade that had expired, if that makes any sense.

it makes perfect sense. :) the trade usually doesn't come out until the time when the previous daily trade would have expired, whether it was done or not. :)

ileftmyheartinazeroth
06-11-15, 02:04 PM
When "giving the gift" or "pay the royal tribute" comes up for completion... is the gift a crafted item or the royal tribute drain our funds? Or r these just a way to hold the goal open until ready to move forward?

I was wondering this same thing & came here to investigate... after an hour of searching, still didn't see a definitive answer lol so, I wrote down my coin amount before pressing the button, paid the tribute, then checked my coin amount again. It took 30,000 exactly. I'm relieved it didn't just take all my money, which is kinda what I was expecting to happen hehe

A lot of you are probably already past this point, but just in case anyone else was slow like me. There ya go. :D

Also ~ not that I enjoy seeing people suffer, per se ~ but I'm slightly happy to see at least I'm not alone in my kingdom's extreme oak barrel shortage. lol

TheSweetStudio
06-11-15, 02:32 PM
My vineyard is still random, zoomed in objects found all around my kingdom.

Honestly, if it wasn't from this thread, I'd have no idea what this vineyard is supposed to look like. Any luck, SW? :(

mreames
06-11-15, 02:37 PM
Omg, so we aren't the only ones running around like a chicken with their head cut off. ;)

I hope they get your vineyard straightened out soon!

Honestly, if it wasn't from this thread, I'd have no idea what this vineyard is supposed to look like. Any luck, SW? :(

burritosprings
06-11-15, 02:41 PM
Omg, so we aren't the only ones running around like a chicken with their head cut off. ;)

I hope they get your vineyard straightened out soon!

More like running around like Sabina with her head cut off.

Meowmeowbeans
06-11-15, 02:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this issue! :(

Have you tried rotating your Vineyard Estate? Does this issue happen on all rotations?

TheSweetStudio
06-11-15, 02:48 PM
More like running around like Sabina with her head cut off.

LOL! I just hope my current disposition isn't an omen for things to come. I sure hope that in the next challenge Sabine doesn't meet an Anne Boleyn fate.

carleeclub
06-11-15, 02:56 PM
I had a new one appear a little bit ago, required purple and white petals, seeds. Try force closing and restarting to see if that helps. :D

I force closed, but still no daily trades:(

TheSweetStudio
06-11-15, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this issue! :(

Have you tried rotating your Vineyard Estate? Does this issue happen on all rotations?

Yup, it happens on all rotations. I've tried moving it, storing it, force shutting the game, you name it.

This awful vineyard mutation also takes up much more room than it's supposed to:

This is what it looks like on Edit mode:

meme1098
06-11-15, 03:01 PM
Yup, it happens on all rotations. I've tried moving it, storing it, force shutting the game, you name it.

This awful vineyard mutation also takes up much more room than it's supposed to:

Geez...that's crazy. Poor Sabina in your previous post...lol

burritosprings
06-11-15, 03:03 PM

Stay Puft dude from Ghostbusters!!!!

Ash1780
06-11-15, 03:20 PM
The best part...wait for it...you buy the bakery for 200 gems to make pies in order to get...10 gems!!! Woo Hoo!:rolleyes:
I swear these people are high - first those ridiculously phallic magic mushrooms now this. Can't wait for the next one:D

AND Btw I predict you're gonna be right about that package deal but it'll be in the final 2-3 days of the event when everyone is at their most desperate;)

I've been expecting both but I guess we will see. They may choose to split it up for more sales later. Lol

I was so wrong today :(
200 gem Ivy bakery

samillian
06-11-15, 03:27 PM
Can't log in to game....no internet...obviously I have Internet....any suggestions

samillian
06-11-15, 03:32 PM
Never mind..works now

meme1098
06-11-15, 03:32 PM
Can't log in to game....no internet...obviously I have Internet....any suggestions

Clear your cache??.. Then do a hard restart of your device. Hope that will help you:)

orleansparish
06-11-15, 03:34 PM
The best part...wait for it...you buy the bakery for 200 gems to make pies in order to get...10 gems!!! Woo Hoo!:rolleyes:
I swear these people are high - first those ridiculously phallic magic mushrooms now this. Can't wait for the next one:D

AND Btw I predict you're gonna be right about that package deal but it'll be in the final 2-3 days of the event when everyone is at their most desperate;)

I finally reached 200 grapes. That took forever! I also am still watering trees to chop down to upgrade my building. I know I wont win the pet but ill try to get to 1000 grapes to win the community prizes.

I mean, have the mega players that im not anyone, win the community prizes for me.

ladyperidot
06-11-15, 03:53 PM
Stay Puft dude from Ghostbusters!!!!

LOL!! Very funny. I haven't seen that movie in years

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 04:53 PM
Posts that are off topic have been removed. Posting links to Wiki is also against the forum rules and references have been removed.

Rockylandia
06-11-15, 05:33 PM
May I just say that I love having a little vineyard? I also really like the moat and wrought-iron fences from recent updates. I've removed so much stuff to make room for them, my royal points are below 3700, which is crazy for a level 50 kingdom!

Ash1780
06-11-15, 05:33 PM
Sorry I was wrong in a previous post

You spend 200 gems to BUY the bakery & get a reward of 10 gems. THEN you bake a bunch of skunk-u-pies and receive as a reward...20 gems.

Spending 200 gems (and God only knows how much time)to get a 30 gem reward TOTALLY makes sense:rolleyes:;)

Wine & Kisses to y'all
Ash

jim23cash
06-11-15, 05:44 PM
May I just say that I love having a little vineyard? I also really like the moat and wrought-iron fences from recent updates. I've removed so much stuff to make room for them, my royal points are below 3700, which is crazy for a level 50 kingdom!

I agree, I like the direction the decorations have been going, but I don't know what to store so I can display them! I guess some of my RP buildings will have to go as well. I hardly ever collect from the ones that just give coins. My 'Dom is so overcrowded right now, I have almost everything I've ever won, bought or built displayed. I need to do some serious spring cleaning and remodeling.

KaylieRoo
06-11-15, 05:54 PM
The Prepare to Serve Royalty goal requires the crafting of royal blocks and beams, but my inventory is already full of those. Does anyone know how to get rid of some so I can craft new ones? Thanks!

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 05:56 PM
The Prepare to Serve Royalty goal requires the crafting of royal blocks and beams, but my inventory is already full of those. Does anyone know how to get rid of some so I can craft new ones? Thanks!
check post 2. I put loads of suggestions against that goal on this... have fun disposing of them! :)

PinkLites
06-11-15, 06:04 PM
Hi all! Well still frustrated over cork drops! Getting 2 corks a day & 8 to 10 barrels. Has been this way from beginning! Have done some simple math & figured that I have only 17+ days which equals 34 corks! I have resigned myself that I won't make it through the upgrades past maybe 7. Wish S8 would listen to us, but I am sure the other posts are right. They will have a sale on corks & barrels in the last 5 days for $$$! And for all the unlucky ones they will have another sale after end for the dog and bed & energy for more $$$$!!!!

nightmare325
06-11-15, 06:11 PM
Okay, so i think i'm missimg something....besides an MT barrel to upgrade to level 4. A new goal popped up today asking for skunk pies, so thinking i just needed the one, i hit the send button; apparently, i need 6. AND it wants me to buy a skunk-pie maker for 200 Gems.....is this a goal that MUST be completed?? I didn't see it on the goal list from the first page. Thanks!

nightmare325
06-11-15, 06:14 PM
check post 2. I put loads of suggestions against that goal on this... have fun disposing of them! :)

Sorry...i feel silly, but where is post 2.? Post 2 of this thread or the post listed under your responses......����

meme1098
06-11-15, 06:15 PM
Okay, so i think i'm missimg something....besides an MT barrel to upgrade to level 4. A new goal popped up today asking for skunk pies, so thinking i just needed the one, i hit the send button; apparently, i need 6. AND it wants me to buy a skunk-pie maker for 200 Gems.....is this a goal that MUST be completed?? I didn't see it on the goal list from the first page. Thanks!
There's a thread dedicated to the new goal..

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82285-Castle-Story-Update-06-11-Ivy-s-Bakery

meme1098
06-11-15, 06:16 PM
Sorry...i feel silly, but where is post 2.? Post 2 of this thread or the post listed under your responses......����

Click the first page above to get to the first page of this thread where post 2 is located

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 06:19 PM

It's on the first page of this thread. I write up all goals in either post 1 or 2 in every new goal so that players don't have to wade through lots and lots of pages to find the answers about the requirements of the goal. :)

nightmare325
06-11-15, 06:25 PM
Thank you spiritWind and meme1098...i have been reading the first page, i just didnt see how to get rid of excess...i'll check again.

nightmare325
06-11-15, 06:37 PM
It's on the first page of this thread. I write up all goals in either post 1 or 2 in every new goal so that players don't have to wade through lots and lots of pages to find the answers about the requirements of the goal. :)

Hehehe....so, my bad! I did look at the list as it pertained to my lowly level...i guess actually reading it and seeing "link" is helpful. This is what i get for trying to hurry!....Thanks for all the super helpful information!

Margie2159
06-11-15, 06:47 PM
Ok so I have the opposite problem. Plenty of corks and no barrels. Too bad we can't trade.

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 06:51 PM
It's getting harder to see what's in the post as info is added all the time! Hopefully you saw this bit from step 8... :)

note 2: If you are maxed on blocks and beams, try these options:
Royal Block uses: item in unicorn statue, ornate block, upgrading Lantern Spire to level 5, Watchtower to level 5, Library to level 5, Conservatory to level 4 and 5, Observatory to level 2 and 3, Royal Manor to level 8 and 9, Amphitheater to level 2, Knight's Hall to level 2, Tavern to level 4 and 5, Marketplace to level 5, Windmill to level 2 and 3, Sawmill to level 5, Hatchery to level 5, Stables to level 4 and Wizard School to levels 3 and 4.
Royal Beam uses: Ornate Beam, upgrading Lantern Spire to level 5, Watchtower to level 5, Library to level 5, Conservatory to level 4 and 5, Observatory to level 2 and 3, Royal Manor to level 8 and 9, Amphitheater to level 2, Knight's Hall to level 2, Tavern to level 4 and 5, Marketplace to level 5, Windmill to level 2 and 3, Sawmill to level 5, Hatchery to level 5, Stables to level 4 and 5

senshin
06-11-15, 06:51 PM
I wasn't paying careful enough attention and triggered the Mother's Concern Goal unfortunately. Something seems very screwy with the timing of these goals. We don't typically have multiple upgrade goals at the same time in our quest books.

I have a Level 5 winery, so will be hard pressed to reach Level 9 in time. C'est la vie.

Street Smarts, upgrade to Level 7 - 4 Days
Mother's Concern, upgrade to Level 9 - 7 Days
upgrade to level 10 - 18 days

MeganT87
06-11-15, 07:08 PM
Okay I am so mad... Firstly, I accidentally slipped the brainstorm with old Thomas and ivy by visiting 30 farmhouses for 30 gems in the perfect gift... I knew team lava would not give me my gems back saying that "it was an irreversible action." Now, they have reset that goal so that I need to visit 1 more farm house....but didn't give me my gems back!?!?!! I've spent so much money on this game. I never complain on here usually, but that's just wrong!

LavaMagic
06-11-15, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure if this has been ask, because that is A LOT of posts to go through..... LOL
So, sorry if some one posted this.

I would just love to have clarification, so I don't mess this up. If I am understanding this right, I should wait until I have enough resources to upgrade the Estate to level seven before completing goal four? Then, complete goals four, five, six, and seven.
Then, wait until I have enough resources to upgrade the Estate to level nine before completing goals eight, nine, and ten?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help.

fahrensland
06-11-15, 07:32 PM
Hi all! Well still frustrated over cork drops! Getting 2 corks a day & 8 to 10 barrels. Has been this way from beginning! Have done some simple math & figured that I have only 17+ days which equals 34 corks! I have resigned myself that I won't make it through the upgrades past maybe 7. Wish S8 would listen to us, but I am sure the other posts are right. They will have a sale on corks & barrels in the last 5 days for $$$! And for all the unlucky ones they will have another sale after end for the dog and bed & energy for more $$$$!!!!

I am in the exact same boat as you, only receiving 2 corks a day compared to an overwhelming amount of double barrel drops. I understand that a measure of randomness is needed for these events, but the ratio seems so completely skewed that it seems like they want many of us to fail. So far I have been able to participate in every event like this, and I've never before been concerned about finishing an upgrade.

However I am starting to freak out a bit now, since I also calculated my current rate, and like yours, it falls drastically short of what is needed to reach the final upgrade. I have even woken up to get an extra collection or two during the night (which I never have to resort to!) and I'm still just getting the dreaded double barrel drop. I was hoping there might be a minor fix to even out the drop rate some, but it hasn't seemed to improve. I'm now at a loss for what I can do to still hit lvl 10 before the event finishes.

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure if this has been ask, because that is A LOT of posts to go through..... LOL
So, sorry if some one posted this.

I would just love to have clarification, so I don't mess this up. If I am understanding this right, I should wait until I have enough resources to upgrade the Estate to level seven before completing goal four? Then, complete goals four, five, six, and seven.
Then, wait until I have enough resources to upgrade the Estate to level nine before completing goals eight, nine, and ten?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help.
If you want to get the reward of 1 cork and 1 barrel for the 2x additional timed goals, then yes, hold off at Level 4 until you have enough corks and barrels to get you to level 8 or 9. Remember that at level 8 you get 3 drops. It really comes down to how much time you have to collect from the Vineyard Estate.

Holding off upgrading and not triggering the 2x timed goals just means you won't get 1 extra cork and 1 extra barrel. Hope that helps. :)

Liloze
06-11-15, 08:31 PM
It's getting harder to see what's in the post as info is added all the time! Hopefully you saw this bit from step 8... :)

note 2: If you are maxed on blocks and beams, try these options:
Royal Block uses: item in unicorn statue, ornate block, upgrading Lantern Spire to level 5, Watchtower to level 5, Library to level 5, Conservatory to level 4 and 5, Observatory to level 2 and 3, Royal Manor to level 8 and 9, Amphitheater to level 2, Knight's Hall to level 2, Tavern to level 4 and 5, Marketplace to level 5, Windmill to level 2 and 3, Sawmill to level 5, Hatchery to level 5, Stables to level 4 and Wizard School to levels 3 and 4.
Royal Beam uses: Ornate Beam, upgrading Lantern Spire to level 5, Watchtower to level 5, Library to level 5, Conservatory to level 4 and 5, Observatory to level 2 and 3, Royal Manor to level 8 and 9, Amphitheater to level 2, Knight's Hall to level 2, Tavern to level 4 and 5, Marketplace to level 5, Windmill to level 2 and 3, Sawmill to level 5, Hatchery to level 5, Stables to level 4 and 5

Lol I have all of these at highest level ;) ( with extras too ) if I only knew...
I had to skip the beams with 30 gems, it is a rip off :rolleyes:

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 08:39 PM
oh, Liloze - Team lava could have removed some of these from your inventory! I wish I had known you were in this situation.... :(
I agree, spending gems should be of benefit to you, not a last resort.

roguebee
06-11-15, 08:49 PM

I received a total of two since the quest started. One from Ivy's Hut and one from the Send Belladonna Plants trade. I didn't have any luck with the Trade with Belladonna, although I remember that I had received one many months ago from that trade that was in my inventory at the start of the quest.

LavaMagic
06-11-15, 09:08 PM
Thank you so much for your response. After reading it, it almost sounds like it is more beneficial to not worry about the timed goals and go ahead and upgrade. It seems I would get farther faster.

Oops. I thought I replied to your post, SpiritWind00, but I must have done something wrong. Anyhow, thanks again.

:) no problem! glad to help!! :) SW

555KC555
06-11-15, 09:30 PM
For some reason I'm getting only corks from the vineyard for the past 2 days or so. I have 21 corks and only 1 barrel... My vineyard is currently level 5. Is this also happening to other people? It's very strange... Please help

lalapu08
06-11-15, 10:39 PM
For some reason I'm getting only corks from the vineyard for the past 2 days or so. I have 21 corks and only 1 barrel... My vineyard is currently level 5. Is this also happening to other people? It's very strange... Please help

Me, I am mostly getting barrels. :(

neha0610
06-11-15, 10:41 PM
I m gettingonly empty barrel....no cork...please help...

PinkLites
06-11-15, 11:30 PM
SW is there anything you can say to S8 that can help us all with the cork & barrel situation? I have been watching the posts for any info but only see posts helping with other situations. We are all starting to feel desperate. Thank you for everything that you do to help, it is greatly appreciated!!

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 11:39 PM
SW is there anything you can say to S8 that can help us all with the cork & barrel situation? I have been watching the posts for any info but only see posts helping with other situations. We are all starting to feel desperate. Thank you for everything that you do to help, it is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks :)... I posted a report with them yesterday. I too hope something can be done about getting a higher drop rate.

ghjvcucjb
06-12-15, 12:16 AM
Suggestions please, I'm completely full on all beams and blocks. How do I make the required royal beams and royal blocks? I think I'm fully upgraded on everything too.

ETA: found unicorn statue uses royal blocks. What about royal beams?

Also, lots of the replies on here don't make any sense without the attached quotes so we can see what the replies were in response to. Is there a reason for this? Out of curiosity.

SpiritWind00
06-12-15, 12:44 AM
Suggestions please, I'm completely full on all beams and blocks. How do I make the required royal beams and royal blocks? I think I'm fully upgraded on everything too.

ETA: found unicorn statue uses royal blocks. What about royal beams?

Also, lots of the replies on here don't make any sense without the attached quotes so we can see what the replies were in response to. Is there a reason for this? Out of curiosity.
If you look at my posts on this page and the previous page and also in post 2 you will see lots of suggestions of how to use your royal beams and blocks :).... If all else fails, you have to email support and ask them to remove a few for you.

ghjvcucjb
06-12-15, 01:31 AM
If you look at my posts on this page and the previous page and also in post 2 you will see lots of suggestions of how to use your royal beams and blocks :).... If all else fails, you have to email support and ask them to remove a few for you.

Are you talking about your first post on this page? It doesn't say anything about royal beams or blocks. Just that you feel sorry for Liloze. Your other post on this page appears to be about the discrepancy in barrel and cork drops.

I found your other post on the other page. As I said in my original post, I'm pretty much upgraded on everything. Will contact TL. Thanks. ETA: just wasted a zillion supplies on a lantern tower but the end result was what I needed. Thanks

SpiritWind00
06-12-15, 01:33 AM
Post 2 at step 8 has the uses for the royal blocks and beams... hope that helps.

nuttyangel_69
06-12-15, 01:46 AM
Me neither. Lost interest completely since my estate is still on level one as I've received no barrels since the quest started and I can't even level up once let alone to 10!

BungoCook
06-12-15, 01:55 AM
How do you craft the royal beams and blocks if you are already maxed out in inventory and they are greyed out? Thx. Edited: never mind. I upgraded some buildings to use up stuff and lower my inventory. Thx.

If you build an obsevatory. The first build stage of that is enough to clear 3x royal blocks and beams plus 3 super glue, to free your inventory up to be able to craft again. There are other things like unicorn statue ornate building stuff, etc. but I found observatory was quickest route for me, especially if you are maxed on all building materials.

anissada
06-12-15, 03:54 AM

would it be a nice suggestion to be able to exchange corks for barrels and the other way around, just like we can do with glimmerfragments and shards ?

BungoCook
06-12-15, 05:42 AM
Word of warning forum folks and suggestion to change post 2 please.......
Taking everybody's sage advice decided to halt at stage 9 and not gift feasts or bottle potion gift thing as am stuck try to upgrade the vineyard from level 5. However I just came back to the game and mothers concern is sitting in the goal book. So looks like the spilt to stage 10 can also occur from stage 9 onwards not stage 10 and 11 as post 2 indicates.
Sorry if I've been dense and this was already known to all but it didn't seem that way from what I read in post 2.
Reckon now if I collect the hunt bandits adventure that is out it will trigger the mothers concern seven day timed upgrade to level 9 vineyard.
Grrrrr.

minndom
06-12-15, 06:32 AM
Corks, corks, nothing but corks.. Getting frustrated and bored.

tequilacat
06-12-15, 07:18 AM
Hello, my friend. SpiritWind00, I have an issue with no barrel drops. Currently I have about 20 corks and just 1 barrel. My vineyard is level 6. Can this be fixed??

mreames
06-12-15, 07:38 AM
Yes, collecting the bandits adventure will definitely trigger A Mother's Concern. There's so much info now in that post that it becomes hard to see everything if not read and re-read but I do see one of my quotes addressing this was put in there just prior to stage 8. I hope you either don't need the grapes from the adventure or can now reach level 9 in 7 days, just keep in mind that it's not necessary to finish the vineyard.

Word of warning forum folks and suggestion to change post 2 please.......
Taking everybody's sage advice decided to halt at stage 9 and not gift feasts or bottle potion gift thing as am stuck try to upgrade the vineyard from level 5. However I just came back to the game and mothers concern is sitting in the goal book. So looks like the spilt to stage 10 can also occur from stage 9 onwards not stage 10 and 11 as post 2 indicates.
Sorry if I've been dense and this was already known to all but it didn't seem that way from what I read in post 2.
Reckon now if I collect the hunt bandits adventure that is out it will trigger the mothers concern seven day timed upgrade to level 9 vineyard.
Grrrrr.

rogue149
06-12-15, 07:49 AM
My #10 just kicked off without my having completed #9. I was holding off until I got my vineyard to lvl 7. Now I have 7 days to get it from 5 to 9. :(

mreames
06-12-15, 07:53 AM
9 or even 8 collections a day isn't very realistic. Definitely not realistic at all for 25 days in a row. maybe 6 if very diligent.

mreames
06-12-15, 07:59 AM
Sorry to hear it :( completing #8 is when 9 and 10 show up. If you collect from a bandits adventure once A Mothers Concern is in your book, it will trigger the timer. I hope you were able to buy a little extra time, at least!

My #10 just kicked off without my having completed #9. I was holding off until I got my vineyard to lvl 7. Now I have 7 days to get it from 5 to 9. :(

tvangstanke
06-12-15, 08:43 AM

This one made me laugh:

Either someone is having trouble sleeping in that Vineyard, or the Cheshire Cat was here.

mybunnytail
06-12-15, 08:55 AM
Corks, corks, nothing but corks.. Getting frustrated and bored.

OK so I'm not the only one! Getting frustrated trying to lvl to 5 and I have 14 corks and only 2 barrels. 😠

mehershey
06-12-15, 09:05 AM
Quick question:

If I complete the "Preparing to Serve Royalty" goal, can I party do the "give gift" goal without triggering A Mother's Concern? Or should I keep waiting to make my last royal beam? My daughter accidentally triggered Street Smarts, so I'm trying to get from level 6 to 7 in the next 4 days and could use the barrel from finishing the Royalty goal.

I also currently have an uncollected quest that I'm waiting to be asked for - best time to grab it? Thanks!

mreames
06-12-15, 09:37 AM
Once you complete "Preparing to Seve Royalty", A Mother's Concern will be in your book... It's important to not open the dialog and not collect any bandits adventures.

Quick question:

If I complete the "Preparing to Serve Royalty" goal, can I party do the "give gift" goal without triggering A Mother's Concern? Or should I keep waiting to make my last royal beam? My daughter accidentally triggered Street Smarts, so I'm trying to get from level 6 to 7 in the next 4 days and could use the barrel from finishing the Royalty goal.

I also currently have an uncollected quest that I'm waiting to be asked for - best time to grab it? Thanks!

riverly
06-12-15, 09:39 AM
If I want to level up from level 4 vineyard how many barrels and corks should I have in my inventory before I do so as not to set off any of the timed goals until I have enough to get to level 8. I'm thinking about 50. Is that right?

CatSS3
06-12-15, 10:36 AM
I was working on lolling up to lvl 7, still had 3 days left to finish, suddenly it disappeared and a new timed challenge appeared to get to lvl 9 in 7 days. I missed the reward for lvling up to 7, and still had time to complete- pls help
Also, for the 2 adventures for getting lvl 9, can you use the Knights as well as the adventures front the castle?

mehershey
06-12-15, 10:49 AM
Once you complete "Preparing to Seve Royalty", A Mother's Concern will be in your book... It's important to not open the dialog and not collect any bandits adventures.

Thank you! I will hold off on finishing that goal until I have more corks and barrels.

mreames
06-12-15, 10:57 AM
By the way, it's virtually impossible to keep from triggering street smarts unless you are done collecting grapes. All it takes to trigger it is collect from one farmhouse.

Quick question:

gracelinda
06-12-15, 11:18 AM
21 barrels and 8 corks later....I will never get the vineyard to lvl 10... Really takes the joy out of the game.

blueberriesgogo
06-12-15, 01:06 PM
Agreed!
I am not a fan of using gems to speed up, so I like to complete events without doing so. When I first started off my corks to barrel ratio was severely skewed, but after reaching level 4 it seems to have evened out. I was on the same boat with feeling it was unfair, but it's not like someone over at S8 is purposely singling us out and setting us up for failure! There is still plenty of time to achieve all the goals! This event was designed to be hard and to have users put in work if they want to achieve the prizes! So just keep checking as often as you can people, those barrels and corks will drop eventually!

SHINeeFan23
06-12-15, 01:10 PM
My vineyard is at lvl 4 since I'm collecting the corks & barrels. Right now I have 20 Corks & 15 Barrels. In order to reach lvl 10 I still need 100 corks & 105 Barrels. I should make it since we have 17 days left right? I usually get 2 of each drop.

Rockylandia
06-12-15, 01:28 PM
Agreed!
I am not a fan of using gems to speed up, so I like to complete events without doing so. When I first started off my corks to barrel ratio was severely skewed, but after reaching level 4 it seems to have evened out. I was on the same boat with feeling it was unfair, but it's not like someone over at S8 is purposely singling us out and setting us up for failure! There is still plenty of time to achieve all the goals! This event was designed to be hard and to have users put in work if they want to achieve the prizes! So just keep checking as often as you can people, those barrels and corks will drop eventually!
You do realize that there are people who are still on level 1 or 2 because they've collected dozens of corks and one or two barrels. Sure the ratio evens out after hitting level 4, as I've experienced myself, but some people cannot reach level 4 THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

ninasidstorm8
06-12-15, 01:48 PM
I had the reverse happen. My ratio was pretty even until I reached level 4. I have made it to level 6 and have 14 Corks and only 3 Barrels.

blueberriesgogo
06-12-15, 01:49 PM
Yes, and I was in the SAME boat up until very recently and I hated it too, but eventually by collecting diligently I was able to get 3 barrels, and then 3 more, and then enough to upgrade to level 4. All I'm saying is keep collecting as often as possible and the drops will come eventually. Those corks will still be needed, it's not like they are being wasted. You do realize I was just trying to shed some positivity here.

You do realize that there are people who are still on level 1 or 2 because they've collected dozens of corks and one or two barrels. Sure the ratio evens out after hitting level 4, as I've experienced myself, but some people cannot reach level 4 THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

luna2cute
06-12-15, 01:56 PM
I've noticed today that sometimes a farmhouse drops 2 grapes instead of 1. It's totally random and every few farmhouses but no pattern I can figure out, although I'm not trying to figure it out. Lol

Just happy to get an extra grape now and then. :)

meme1098
06-12-15, 02:00 PM
I've noticed today that sometimes a farmhouse drops 2 grapes instead of 1. It's totally random and every few farmhouses but no pattern I can figure out, although I'm not trying to figure it out. Lol

Just happy to get an extra grape now and then. :)

Something has to start moving along soon....that counter sure isn't going very fast at all. :D

Meowmeowbeans
06-12-15, 02:01 PM

Oh dear! I'm sorry that didn't help. :( Can you please send a ticket to support@storm8.com for assistance and send me a PM with the ticket number? Thanks so much!

KadeeDid
06-12-15, 02:18 PM

I get barrels. Wish I could trade for some corks.

gilachaya
06-12-15, 02:49 PM
My drop from a level 10 Vineyard Estate was one sugar , water and grapes.

PJBastian13
06-12-15, 03:03 PM
On step 10, does sending out the two adventures fulfill the requirement or is it collecting from two adventures? I'm wondering if I can send them out ahead of time and just collect when I get to that point.

mreames
06-12-15, 03:10 PM
On step 10, does sending out the two adventures fulfill the requirement or is it collecting from two adventures? I'm wondering if I can send them out ahead of time and just collect when I get to that point.

It's collecting them. That's why collecting a bandits will start the timer even if the dialog has not been opened.

PJBastian13
06-12-15, 03:13 PM
It's collecting them. That's why collecting a bandits will start the timer even if the dialog has not been opened.

Thank you!

mreames
06-12-15, 03:29 PM
Thank you!

You're very welcome :)

Anaboe
06-12-15, 05:04 PM
edited quote.

hi Anaboe, yes I did this earlier today, but didn't get a chance to let you all know here. There hasn't been a response yet, but I'll check again in the morning as soon as I'm up. :)

Hi SW :) Did you hear back from Storm8 yet?

bac211
06-12-15, 06:07 PM
Hello, my friend. SpiritWind00, I have an issue with no barrel drops. Currently I have about 20 corks and just 1 barrel. My vineyard is level 6. Can this be fixed??

At least you confirmed that it's not a 50% random thing (Some people in that forum wants us to believe that).
If it was, I think you had 1 chance out of 100000 to get that. Go get a ticket lol...
1/ (2^21) * 21 ~ 1/99865

mreames
06-12-15, 06:29 PM
Just playing a little bit of devils advocate here but... Level 6 means (about) 51 corks and 32 barrels. It may not change the odds much but it's more accurate and certainly not a 20:1 ratio (it's not even a full 2:1 ratio). ;) and there are plenty of people with a lot more barrels than corks so I don't know how you increase one without causing the other to be more rare.

At least you confirmed that it's not a 50% random thing (Some people in that forum wants us to believe that).
If it was, I think you had 1 chance out of 100000 to get that. Go get a ticket lol...
1/ ((2^21) * 21) ~ 1/99865

bac211
06-12-15, 06:40 PM
I did not say it's a 20:1 ratio I said it's not a 1:1 ratio.
More barrels? No problem. What they could have done:
You have one cork and no barrel: 2/3 chance to get another cork. You have one barrel and no cork 2/3 chance to get one barrel.
I think the more you have of one the more chance you will get the same one.
And it would take into account only what you have in your inventory.

KadeeDid
06-12-15, 07:21 PM
Complaining about getting more barrels worked! I now have enough corks to level up to 4. Do I do it now or wait? I have read the discussions about this and am more confused than ever.

Thanks for any advice. I was worried about getting grapes asi was slow starting, then had two back to back relays for cancer which took up the weekend. I have a herbal retreat coming up next weekend and will be gone 3 days so was anxious about timing. Seems to be coming along and actually getting more than I thought. I sometimes don't have time to get the last prize but think it is possible this time.

mreames
06-12-15, 07:27 PM
Upgrade to level 4 immediately. It will start giving 2 items instead of one.

Complaining about getting more barrels worked! I now have enough corks to level up to 4. Do I do it now or wait? I have read the discussions about this and am more confused than ever.

Thanks for any advice. I was worried about getting grapes asi was slow starting, then had two back to back relays for cancer which took up the weekend. I have a herbal retreat coming up next weekend and will be gone 3 days so was anxious about timing. Seems to be coming along and actually getting more than I thought. I sometimes don't have time to get the last prize but think it is possible this time.

PrincessCupOButter
06-12-15, 08:04 PM
Well, it happened. I made the mistake of posting that my barrels/corks were pretty even....so of course now the barrels have disappeared. :-(

I have a new in package cat barrel bed (wish they'd not ruined a perfectly good barrel!) half a dozen overgrown benches and pumpkin hutches, some high quality horse feed and a slightly used pyre tent.. I'll trade it all for just 2 barrels to get me to level 7! Lol

For the first time I'm worried about not completing a building, and have no hope of completing both of the concurrent, optional timed quests to upgrade. And gemming it won't be an option due to my recent acquisition of a non-bakery "bakery". (Yes, I knew it cost gems, but because I didn't do due diligence...I thought it was a crafting building. Well played TL/S8, well played.)

jbfps116
06-12-15, 09:38 PM
Easily finished all personal prizes today.
Vineyard few barrels from level 7. Hope I make it to 10!

QueenCarolyn
06-12-15, 09:53 PM
Somehow, I have goals to upgrade my vineyard to levels 7, 9, and 10 all going on at the same time. Wish I had waited somewhere.

QueenCarolyn
06-12-15, 09:58 PM
I get barrels. Wish I could trade for some corks.. I wish we could use that fairy transformation potion to change one to the other.

mreames
06-12-15, 10:46 PM
Somehow, I have goals to upgrade my vineyard to levels 7, 9, and 10 all going on at the same time. Wish I had waited somewhere.

I hate it for you but welcome to my club. :( I think I was the first to join. Lol I presume you upgraded the vineyard to level 5, which put street smarts in your book. Whether you manually opened the dialog or not, the timer would have started the first time you collected from a farmhouse. Then I presume you completed "preparing to serve royalty" which put A Mother's Concern in your book. At this point you either opened the dialog manually or collected a bandits adventure. Am I close? Lol
It's crazy and I hope that you at least had some time... Like a day or two before triggering all 3. I triggered all 3 within about 2 hours. Lol Impossible to do the 2nd one without gems that way.

Castloninian
06-12-15, 10:57 PM
I am cautiously moving through so as not to trigger some of the timed goals. Have now moved on to upgrade to level 7 as I am hoping to get one more barrel and nine corks in five days. Then I really need to build up some more stock before moving to the level 9 upgrade goal.

Everyone says that a Mother's Concern comes as soon as you have finished Preparing to Serve Royalty. So what about the goal which comes after Preparing to Serve Royalty? You can't do that one without triggering level 9 upgrade? Do you get those three goals at the same time then? Sorry I am a little confused. Perhaps SW needs to move the reminder about timed goals up one goal, as from her list it seems if you can do the one where you give three hearty feasts.

mreames
06-12-15, 11:42 PM
On my 2nd account, I have completed street smarts, completed mothers birthday bonanza (before I ever completed street smarts), still have a mother's concern as a new, unopened dialog and have enjoyed skunkupie with Ivy (also before I completed street smarts). Hope that helps. :)

I am cautiously moving through so as not to trigger some of the timed goals. Have now moved on to upgrade to level 7 as I am hoping to get one more barrel and nine corks in five days. Then I really need to build up some more stock before moving to the level 9 upgrade goal.

Everyone says that a Mother's Concern comes as soon as you have finished Preparing to Serve Royalty. So what about the goal which comes after Preparing to Serve Royalty? You can't do that one without triggering level 9 upgrade? Do you get those three goals at the same time then? Sorry I am a little confused. Perhaps SW needs to move the reminder about timed goals up one goal, as from her list it seems if you can do the one where you give three hearty feasts.

Castloninian
06-12-15, 11:57 PM
On my 2nd account, I have completed street smarts, completed mothers birthday bonanza (before I ever completed street smarts), still have a mother's concern as a new, unopened dialog and have enjoyed skunkupie with Ivy (also before I completed street smarts). Hope that helps. :)

I think so, thanks. You are saying I can finish Preparing to serve royalty and even Birthday bonanza without starting the timer on Mother's concern. But did someone say that even if you have mother's concert unopened that it will start automatically when you collect from Bandits or collect grapes? Have you not come across this?

mreames
06-13-15, 12:11 AM
I think so, thanks. You are saying I can finish Preparing to serve royalty and even Birthday bonanza without starting the timer on Mother's concern. But did someone say that even if you have mother's concert unopened that it will start automatically when you collect from Bandits or collect grapes? Have you not come across this?

Correct, you can NOT collect a bandits adventure or the timer will start if a mother's concern is in your book. You can still collect grapes from everywhere else. You may be thinking about what I said about one farmhouse would trigger street smarts.

s_creen
06-13-15, 01:30 AM
how can i craft royal blocks and beams if i maxed of both?

anurulz
06-13-15, 01:45 AM
how can i craft royal blocks and beams if i maxed of both?
SW has put up pointers on the first page for this..like decorations u can craft or buildings which can be built or upgraded...

anurulz
06-13-15, 01:47 AM
I have 23 barrels and 26 corks while am at level 4..afraid to trigger street smarts by upgrading...will do so wen i have atleast 30 each...shud be ok getting 5 corks or barrels in 5 days...will remember to not trigger the remaining goals...special thanx to all players who have meticulously jotted down each trigger...its of great help to us lower/ middle level players...

Wonkaland99
06-13-15, 02:16 AM
I am getting the impression that progress towards the community prizes is a lot slower than it was during the tulip event. Does any expert remember the figures?
At the present rate the third prize is out of reach, so it might prove whether the counter is genuine or 'fixed'.

Of course it would be logical, as all diligent readers of the forum are keeping their vineyards at level 4 till they can whiz straight up to level 8, so the grape drops are 10 or 20 less each collection.

camber16
06-13-15, 03:04 AM
Hmmmmm, had a fair drop rate of corks and barrels Level 1-5, now Im Level 6, corks only. Ce la vie...
As I work full time I decided not to stress and just plod along at this quest for fun. I would like a kitty though, maybe I should throw a sickie for the next week. Ha ��

tito786
06-13-15, 03:45 AM
I will have more than 2000 grapes by EOD so I think I am on track.

camber16
06-13-15, 04:29 AM

Same here.

katbtodd
06-13-15, 06:06 AM
Same here.

Thinking you could not avoid it no matter what mine did the same thing

katbtodd
06-13-15, 06:08 AM
With my corks going crazy out of control and no barrels , there will be no level,up to 8 any time soon ,

ShibuyaCloth
06-13-15, 06:23 AM
With my corks going crazy out of control and no barrels , there will be no level,up to 8 any time soon ,

Welcome to the cork club! My barrels have been stolen by bandits, the the vine is flooding the yard, my knights are too busy drinking then chasing them. To cheer me up, I decided to share a couple of bottle with Ivy, hence my cork overflow ;)

dragonspearls
06-13-15, 06:23 AM
I wish the drop rate for the barrels matched the corks. We have to upgrade from level 5 to level 7 in a matter of a few days, and with the drop rate skewed, it's an iffy thing. While waiting to upgrade to level 6, I sat most of the day waiting for barrels while my cork count grew and grew. Finally got the last barrel early yesterday evening. Since upgrading , I've received 1 barrel from the 3 collections I've done since. I've sped up the vineyard a few times for 1 gem, but I can't afford to keep doing this.

That being said, with hubby out of town for a few days, I've been hitting the grape collection hard and heavy, and am up to 3055 I think. Will push hard through tomorrow sometime, then back down once he's home. Hoping to have the 4000 for the last individual prize by sometime on Monday, maybe early Tuesday at the latest.

omni69
06-13-15, 06:52 AM
I would have to agree with many of you, this event is really lopsided. I have over 27 cork and 3 barrels; no way I'm even going to make it level 6 let alone 9. Usually if you hard reset or use up some gems it flops but this time no such luck. Maybe CS will have some type of follow up story to allow those of us with lopsided vineyards to build up again

tuffyjkitten
06-13-15, 08:50 AM
Correct, you can NOT collect a bandits adventure or the timer will start if a mother's concern is in your book. You can still collect grapes from everywhere else. You may be thinking about what I said about one farmhouse would trigger street smarts.

This is so helpful, thank you! I printed all the steps from page 1 when this event started and have these added warnings written in big red letters all through it now. Currently at 27 corks and 18 barrels and sitting at level 4.

I'm sorry that so many of you found this info out the hard way by having multiple impossible goals at the same time but we are all grateful that you chose to share your knowledge with us. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-13-15, 09:04 AM
..(edit)...That being said, with hubby out of town for a few days, I've been hitting the grape collection hard and heavy, and am up to 3055 I think. Will push hard through tomorrow sometime, then back down once he's home....(edit)
LOL!!! This really cracked me up!
Too funny how we sometimes have to be sneaky around the other people in our REAL lives, just to play this game, LOL.

Thanks for the chuckle, dragonspearls, I had all but given up on this thread of nothing but cork & barrel stats, lol

*running away!, not spilling a drop of my wine....er, grape juice, hehehe*

anne202b
06-13-15, 09:15 AM

Me, too. Learned the hard way. Next timed quest...I hit the boards first!!! :)

Huldadottir
06-13-15, 10:03 AM
Yes, I have the Cat! Happy! Funny that it is eating grass (two green pieces of the handkerchief stays in her mouth when tilting the head!)

mreames
06-13-15, 10:13 AM
You're very welcome! :) I just try to give back to the community. ;)

By the way, I don't consider it multiple impossible goals. I only consider the level 9 impossible when you get all 3 at the same time. I completed street smarts and still expect to fully upgrade the vineyard for the last goal. :)

This is so helpful, thank you! I printed all the steps from page 1 when this event started and have these added warnings written in big red letters all through it now. Currently at 27 corks and 18 barrels and sitting at level 4.

I'm sorry that so many of you found this info out the hard way by having multiple impossible goals at the same time but we are all grateful that you chose to share your knowledge with us. :)

idrispad
06-13-15, 10:15 AM
For me, it's corks that are rare. Who is the lucky player who is getting an equal split?!

farmgirl8888
06-13-15, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know if the last community prize, the puppy, is a collection item or a decoration?

luna2cute
06-13-15, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the cork club! My barrels have been stolen by bandits, the the vine is flooding the yard, my knights are too busy drinking then chasing them. To cheer me up, I decided to share a couple of bottle with Ivy, hence my cork overflow ;)

That's the spirit! ;) What happens when ivy has had a bit too much? Lol

AnniePMH
06-13-15, 10:31 AM
That's the spirit! ;) What happens when ivy has had a bit too much? Lol

I suspect she would spike the drinks...:eek:

PraxisOfGood
06-13-15, 10:41 AM
I
I am getting the impression that progress towards the community prizes is a lot slower than it was during the tulip event. Does any expert remember the figures?
At the present rate the third prize is out of reach, so it might prove whether the counter is genuine or 'fixed'.

Of course it would be logical, as all diligent readers of the forum are keeping their vineyards at level 4 till they can whiz straight up to level 8, so the grape drops are 10 or 20 less each collection.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but the three community goals were roughly the same size and it took us seven days to reach the first one and an extra four days to reach the second one. We reached the third goal in the last hour, but there was good reason to suspect that S8 had fiddled with the data to extend the drama. So yeah, we are far behind that level of progress now.

brendaisme
06-13-15, 11:05 AM
You're very welcome! :) I just try to give back to the community. ;)

By the way, I don't consider it multiple impossible goals. I only consider the level 9 impossible when you get all 3 at the same time. I completed street smarts and still expect to fully upgrade the vineyard for the last goal. :)

Is it really impossible? having read the cautions too late, I'm just about to get to level 7 but did get all three goals at once. Is it really impossible then to get to 9?

mreames
06-13-15, 11:16 AM
I consider it impossible (without gems) IF..... You get all 3 goals, complete with timers, right after getting to level 5. Basically that means you have 5 days to get to level 7 and 2 more days to get to level 9. However, I don't consider it impossible if they trigger days later after upgrading to 5, necessarily. The one to level 9 is the only one I consider not doable, though.

Keep in mind, I am only talking about completing the mini-goal in time.

burritosprings
06-13-15, 11:30 AM
Anyone else seeing that some grapes are not counting? I just hit all my farmhouses and not a single grape registered.

brendaisme
06-13-15, 11:32 AM
Thanks so much MREAMS. Might have to part with some gems. Maybe I won't splurge on Ivy's "Bakery" after all.

mreames
06-13-15, 11:34 AM
Thanks so much. Might have to part with some gems. Maybe I won't splurge on Ivy's "Bakery" after all.

I would much rather have the bakery than spend any gems to complete "a mother's concern" in time. You just don't get the cork reward. It's certainly not worth spending gems on that part.

anne202b
06-13-15, 11:35 AM
Anyone else seeing that some grapes are not counting? I just hit all my farmhouses and not a single grape registered.

Mine are counting. Force close?

anissada
06-13-15, 11:37 AM
and still ivy's hut refuses to give me skunkipies....
on BOTH my games, so is it just me, or .........

burritosprings
06-13-15, 11:40 AM

I think its my WiFi-- getting some quirky sync issues right now.. feels like a Twilight Zone episode

Liloze
06-13-15, 11:46 AM
oh, Liloze - Team lava could have removed some of these from your inventory! I wish I had known you were in this situation.... :(
I agree, spending gems should be of benefit to you, not a last resort.

Thank SW :) you're an angel!
As long as I do it freely and spend gems it is fine by me ;) Even if steep price...
I am sure you know what mean lol :D

anne202b
06-13-15, 11:48 AM
I consider it impossible (without gems) IF..... You get all 3 goals, complete with timers, right after getting to level 5. Basically that means you have 5 days to get to level 7 and 2 more days to get to level 9. However, I don't consider it impossible if they trigger days later after upgrading to 5, necessarily. The one to level 9 is the only one I consider not doable, though.

Keep in mind, I am only talking about completing the mini-goal in time.

Why, oh, why would S8 fool us with such trickery? Maybe the Baron has just had to much 'grape juice' and wants us all to fail. :( :( :(

I just got to level 6 and have ALL 3 goals open. I'll never make it. Even with my timer set for every 3 hours! Ha! And to think I'm an adult playing games with such loyalty! Make a little adjustment, S8...give us more corks and barrels.

I must've missed it but what do we lose out on if we only get the Vineyard to a level 8 or 9 by the end of the event?

Liloze
06-13-15, 12:07 PM
I hate it for you but welcome to my club. :( I think I was the first to join. Lol I presume you upgraded the vineyard to level 5, which put street smarts in your book. Whether you manually opened the dialog or not, the timer would have started the first time you collected from a farmhouse. Then I presume you completed "preparing to serve royalty" which put A Mother's Concern in your book. At this point you either opened the dialog manually or collected a bandits adventure. Am I close? Lol
It's crazy and I hope that you at least had some time... Like a day or two before triggering all 3. I triggered all 3 within about 2 hours. Lol Impossible to do the 2nd one without gems that way.

Same thing happened to me, exactly like you, in less than two hours lol :o
I am still level 6 on the vineyard and needing 15 corks and barrels to upgrade to 7 so yep I joined the club :o

possibilitys
06-13-15, 12:38 PM
Oops! I hit my purple cow hoping for a gem and I triggered A Mother's concern.

I too had printed all the steps with WARNINGS in red.

dragonspearls
06-13-15, 12:44 PM
LOL!!! This really cracked me up!
Too funny how we sometimes have to be sneaky around the other people in our REAL lives, just to play this game, LOL.

Thanks for the chuckle, dragonspearls, I had all but given up on this thread of nothing but cork & barrel stats, lol

*running away!, not spilling a drop of my wine....er, grape juice, hehehe*

Glad I could brighten your day. :D

Actually, it's not so much being sneaky as it is having more time without him around to distract me or drag me off for 2-4 hours of errands and lunch. Whenever he's out of town, I get more done - including housework. He works from home, so he's not away very often.

Enjoy your grape juice! ;)

mreames
06-13-15, 12:48 PM
Huh, what?? The only way it would make sense for it to trigger a mother's concern is if that was your 40th cow and it completed Preparing to Serve Royalty. Then it should have just put it in your book as a new goal without the timer yet.
Then if you opened it, or collected a bandits it would start the timer.

Did it just spawn the goal in the book or did it start the timer, too??

Oops! I hit my purple cow hoping for a gem and I triggered A Mother's concern.

I too had printed all the steps with WARNINGS in red.

mreames
06-13-15, 12:53 PM
A list of the known drops from a level 10 vineyard is on the 1st page. I don't remember what they are, off-hand.

Lol yesterday I had figured out I needed to collect from the vineyard a minimum of 28 times in 36 hours.... Ummmm... No, not gonna happen. Lol

Why, oh, why would S8 fool us with such trickery? Maybe the Baron has just had to much 'grape juice' and wants us all to fail. :( :( :(

I just got to level 6 and have ALL 3 goals open. I'll never make it. Even with my timer set for every 3 hours! Ha! And to think I'm an adult playing games with such loyalty! Make a little adjustment, S8...give us more corks and barrels.

I must've missed it but what do we lose out on if we only get the Vineyard to a level 8 or 9 by the end of the event?

mreames
06-13-15, 12:55 PM
Same thing happened to me, exactly like you, in less than two hours lol :o
I am still level 6 on the vineyard and needing 15 corks and barrels to upgrade to 7 so yep I joined the club :o

Yep, I'm afraid so! lol we can only laugh about it now but that wasn't my reaction when I first saw it. Lol

kittensabc
06-13-15, 01:00 PM
I sent support a few questions about the (insane) requirements for the Vineyard a few days ago. I was hoping they would answer by Friday but hopefully they can provide us with some answers on Monday.

mreames
06-13-15, 01:00 PM
On another note, I am happy to be farm-free on both accounts as of today. Lol I took the slower path on my 2nd account. ;)

kittensabc
06-13-15, 01:09 PM
On another note, I am happy to be farm-free on both accounts as of today. Lol I took the slower path on my 2nd account. ;)

I haven't actually packed up my farms yet... I think I will hold off on redecorating until we get the last of the community prizes.

possibilitys
06-13-15, 01:10 PM
Huh, what?? The only way it would make sense for it to trigger a mother's concern is if that was your 40th cow and it completed Preparing to Serve Royalty. Then it should have just put it in your book as a new goal without the timer yet.
Then if you opened it, or collected a bandits it would start the timer.

Did it just spawn the goal in the book or did it start the timer, too??
I had left a cushion of three cows to complete Preparing to Serve Royalty. I was so careful to stay away from my cows but didn't realize my purple cow was included in the count. It just spawned the goal in my book but didn't start the timer. Thank goodness my Vineyard was already at level 8 so I'm getting 3 drops of corks/barrels per collection. I'm OK.

Ash1780
06-13-15, 01:12 PM
Well I wanted barrels...now I'm getting one cork for every 2 barrels on Level 8
*sigh*

Needing an ACTUAL cask of wine now
Ash

mreames
06-13-15, 01:16 PM
Yay! I love a happy ending. Lol ;)

I had left a cushion of three cows to complete Preparing to Serve Royalty. I was so careful to stay away from my cows but didn't realize my purple cow was included in the count. It just spawned the goal in my book but didn't start the timer. Thank goodness my Vineyard was already at level 8 so I'm getting 3 drops of corks/barrels per collection. I'm OK.

Liloze
06-13-15, 01:51 PM
Yep, I'm afraid so! lol we can only laugh about it now but that wasn't my reaction when I first saw it. Lol

Absolutely true :) Besides, one cork/ barrel won't do that much of a difference now lol...sigh.
Indeed I was all shocked ( eyes leaving sockets) at how all 3 goals materialized in my quest book and time ticking!
Then I figured I collected the roaming bandits and facepalmed ! :o

possibilitys
06-13-15, 01:56 PM
However on my 2 new account my vineyard is still at level 4. I'm waiting to get 50 cork/barrels to upgrade which triggers Street Smarts and other timed mini-goals. I won't trigger A Mother's Concern on this account (hopefully). Thank you to everyone who forged the way to help us learn.

mreames
06-13-15, 02:49 PM
I haven't actually packed up my farms yet... I think I will hold off on redecorating until we get the last of the community prizes.

My redecorating after this consists of.... Place cat..... Place dog lol I'll probably keep the vineyard itself out, though. ;)

WindermereBakery
06-13-15, 03:03 PM
Someday tell me if this sounds correct:
To do all goals, get Vineyard to level 4, then wait until you have 35 corks and barrels and level up Vineyard to 7, but then don't collect from any
adventures, cows or pigs and don't craft any royal blocks or beams until you have 45 more corks and barrels which will get you to level 9.
Then the only goal is to get to level 10.

There are so many pages talking about this my head is spinning. I need a something short and simple.

mreames
06-13-15, 03:06 PM
My reaction is unprintable. Lol it may have sounded like it but I did not say.... What luck! Lol (hehehe kinda stole a line from ya.)

Absolutely true :) Besides, one cork/ barrel won't do that much of a difference now lol...sigh.
Indeed I was all shocked ( eyes leaving sockets) at how all 3 goals materialized in my quest book and time ticking!
Then I figured I collected the roaming bandits and facepalmed ! :o

mreames
06-13-15, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately that's because it's complicated. Yes, that strategy is one that would work but is over****.... But safe.
So take that as your short and simple answer but here's a little more. Lol

First of all, it's only the bandits adventure that should be avoided. But if you are avoiding collecting from pigs and cows and royal blocks and beams... In other words.... NOT completing preparing to serve royalty... Then you can collect all the adventures you want. If you DO complete Preparing to serve royalty, then you must avoid the bandits adventure.

Someday tell me if this sounds correct:
To do all goals, get Vineyard to level 4, then wait until you have 35 corks and barrels and level up Vineyard to 7, but then don't collect from any
adventures, cows or pigs and don't craft any royal blocks or beams until you have 45 more corks and barrels which will get you to level 9.
Then the only goal is to get to level 10.

There are so many pages talking about this my head is spinning. I need a something short and simple.

WindermereBakery
06-13-15, 03:51 PM
Thank you mreames, for the quick answer.
I have two bandits advents ready but won't collect and won't craft the beams and blocks until towards the end.

I don't have a lot of time to play so I just want a quick sentence to look at to refresh my memory of what I need to do every day.

kristin_R
06-13-15, 03:56 PM
Whomp whomp. I guess I blew it by completing goals without checking the forum first. Who knew that by finishing goals set for you you would in turn make it almost impossible to finish goals set for you? I'd cry but I'm certain that wont help either. Just another day in TeamLa-La Land.

mreames
06-13-15, 04:04 PM
We've pretty much decided all we can do is laugh at the absurdity of it. Lol btw, looks like I'm right down the highway from you. Lol in SA. ;)

Whomp whomp. I guess I blew it by completing goals without checking the forum first. Who knew that by finishing goals set for you you would in turn make it almost impossible to finish goals set for you? I'd cry but I'm certain that wont help either. Just another day in TeamLa-La Land.

kristin_R
06-13-15, 04:19 PM
Lol. Looks like you're getting the rain I wanted for myself. Whomp whomp, again. Glad I'm not alone on the barrels and corks though, thanks mreames.

SpiritWind00
06-13-15, 04:30 PM
My strategy is to stay on level 4 till I have collected enough corks and barrels to get to level 8 so that the timed mini goals are not impossible. I just hit my 4000 grapes, so yay that part's done. Now Pepe has another friend his own size!

I have the same no of corks and barrels as well. The cork shortage corrected itself yesterday. Hope my good luck rubs off on those that need more drops of one over another.... :) have a super day all!

mreames
06-13-15, 04:40 PM
Congrats! I finished on my 2nd today, too and glad to have that part over. Lol
Yeah let's see.... Can I do this... Collect a minimum of 24 times in less than 36 hours... That's what I need to get to level 9 in time. Hmmm lol ;)

My strategy is to stay on level 4 till I have collected enough corks and barrels to get to level 8 so that the timed mini goals are not impossible. I just hit my 4000 grapes, so yay that part's done. Now Pepe has another friend his own size!

I have the same no of corks and barrels as well. The cork shortage corrected itself yesterday. Hope my good luck rubs off on those that need more drops of one over another.... :) have a super day all!

BuddyB111
06-13-15, 04:56 PM

I don't understand what's going on. :( My vineyard is also at L4, so why would I not level up when I can? The 1st post says we need about 170 grapes per day to get the kitten. If I don't level up, I won't get the increased grape drops. There's over 100 pages to this thread now and it's very hard to find tips and strategy on how to accomplish this challenge. Help! :confused:

mreames
06-13-15, 05:08 PM
The strategy mentioned by Spiritwind is really for those that don't need the extra grapes. That strategy is for those that want to accomplish all of the mini-goals along the way which has more to do with upgrading the vineyard to certain levels in a specified time. If we go to level 5 too quickly and accomplish a few other things, too quickly, then the mini-goal for getting to level 9 is virtually impossible. But again, if you need the grapes, by all means upgrade as soon as possible, at all times. :)

I don't understand what's going on. :( My vineyard is also at L4, so why would I not level up when I can? The 1st post says we need about 170 grapes per day to get the kitten. If I don't level up, I won't get the increased grape drops. There's over 100 pages to this thread now and it's very hard to find tips and strategy on how to accomplish this challenge. Help! :confused:

BuddyB111
06-13-15, 05:14 PM
Thank you for such a quick reply! I will have a think about it now. :cool:

possibilitys
06-13-15, 05:28 PM
We've pretty much decided all we can do is laugh at the absurdity of it. Lol btw, looks like I'm right down the highway from you. Lol in SA. ;)

I love it there. I spent 5 weeks working there last year (starting in May) so the weather was excellent. Thank you mreames for all the helpful posts to this forum. You really help all of us so much!

possibilitys
06-13-15, 05:31 PM

And I thought the ratio of corks/barrels corrected itself when I finally started getting 3 collections after upgrading my Vineyard to level 8!

SpiritWind00
06-13-15, 05:34 PM
I know... It's strange how skewed the ratio is for some and not others. It's the random factor at its worst! Mind you, I'm a bit of an addict and only missed a few vineyard collection since it started.

29vanilla
06-13-15, 05:44 PM
So is it seemingly possible that Level 10 vineyard is out of reach if having problems with cork and barrel collection inequities?

Rockylandia
06-13-15, 05:50 PM
Many thanks to those who have posted warnings and suggestions! It's a bit of a quandary, however. Either you level up from level 4, trigger all the mini goals (seems almost impossible not to!) and face unachievable tasks, or (like me) you keep slogging along at level 4 until you have enough corks and barrels to reach level 8 and miss all the fun/accomplishment of moving up each level. It's a bit of a slog to keep collecting so many times without the welcome break of moving up to 5, then 6, then 7. I really don't understand why S8 chose to do it this way.....

Anaboe
06-13-15, 06:07 PM
I have 4 days (atleast, I hope so, it could be 3 days and 1 hour) to level up to lvl 9, just reached lvl 7 today.

I have 1 cork and 9 barrels... Bit out of balance... So I'm in the barrel-club. 3 days + ? hours to collect 44 corks, and 36 barrels, I can't get even half of that, given I collect 6 times a day... so I'm also punished by missing out on the cork from A mother's Concern.

Just finished Street Smart today, I was one of the first who had all three lvl-goals at the same time...

The desing of this event is realy flawed... I hope SW will hear from Storm8 monday...

mreames
06-13-15, 06:19 PM
I love it there. I spent 5 weeks working there last year (starting in May) so the weather was excellent. Thank you mreames for all the helpful posts to this forum. You really help all of us so much!

My pleasure! I'm the one usually getting help. Lol this event just seems convoluted with the twists so it has taken more understanding than normally necessary. I've just helped fill in the gaps in the foundation laid by Chaotarch and AnniePMH. ;) the funny thing is the only real problem is "A Mother's Concern". I appreciate the comment, though!! :)
It's been looking like rain but none has come, yet. Lol

mreames
06-13-15, 06:24 PM
So is it seemingly possible that Level 10 vineyard is out of reach if having problems with cork and barrel collection inequities?

I would never say that your question isn't possible but there sure is a long way to go and we still need many, many more of both corks and barrels, no matter how many we have now.

KadeeDid
06-13-15, 06:48 PM

I have been away much of the past week with charity and volunteer duties. Away all last weekend, this weekend and will begone next weekend. I took the advice in this group and leveled to 4. After complaining about not getting corks, I received the corks I needed. Now today, it was corks again and I now have 1 more cork than barrels. Not sure if I will be able to level much further as I do not have much playing time.

nightmare325
06-13-15, 07:12 PM
Has anyone posted an image of a level 10 Vineyard looks like?? If so, will you tell me what page it's on?

Rosethornshurt
06-13-15, 07:52 PM
Has anyone posted an image of a level 10 Vineyard looks like?? If so, will you tell me what page it's on?

Annie's post #452 on page 46 shows levels 8 - 10.

mreames
06-13-15, 07:55 PM

Also page 8, post 77

nightmare325
06-13-15, 08:10 PM
Also page 8, post 77

Thanks!

nightmare325
06-13-15, 08:12 PM
Annie's post #452 on page 46 shows levels 8 - 10.

Thanks!

AnniePMH
06-13-15, 09:29 PM
My pleasure! I'm the one usually getting help. Lol this event just seems convoluted with the twists so it has taken more understanding than normally necessary. I've just helped fill in the gaps in the foundation laid by AnniePMH. ;) the funny thing is the only real problem is "A Mother's Concern". I appreciate the comment, though!! :)
It's been looking like rain but none has come, yet. Lol

Thank you! However, I also just helped fill in blank spots in this update. Chaotarch went first, laid the foundation and posted most of the goal pics:)

anurulz
06-13-15, 09:31 PM
I updated to level 6 finally..have 12 barrels and 8 corks with street smarts triggered..i was bored and finally caved...fingers crossed for the future timed goals...

mreames
06-13-15, 09:39 PM
Thank you! However, I also just helped fill in blank spots in this update. Chaotarch went first, laid the foundation and posted most of the goal pics:)

Fixed it, the way I see it. Lol

matrixkitten
06-13-15, 09:42 PM
Got my kitty today. Just in time, too, since I have family visiting for 10 days next week.

I am pretty certain I won't be able to complete A Mother's Concern, but I'm not too worried. The reward isn't that great anyway!

KadeeDid
06-13-15, 10:04 PM
I know... It's strange how skewed the ratio is for some and not others. It's the random factor at its worst! Mind you, I'm a bit of an addict and only missed a few vineyard collection since it started.

I was getting very few corks. Finally managed level 4. Now 2 corks each time. I have twice as many corks as barrels.

luna2cute
06-13-15, 10:43 PM
I suspect she would spike the drinks...:eek:

I suspect that you are right. ;)

ShibuyaCloth
06-14-15, 12:28 AM
I was getting very few corks. Finally managed level 4. Now 2 corks each time. I have twice as many corks as barrels.

Hehe, welcome to the club. I know why I have so many corks now, my knights have settled in the basement and are tasting some bottle! They make camp fires in the evening by shopping the barrels in pieces. I should send them hunting bandits instead ;p

DrP4ever
06-14-15, 12:42 AM
7 barrels 21 corks....never going to finish upgrading! Why doesn't the adventure give barrels?

camber16
06-14-15, 12:51 AM
How slowly the community prizes are coming!
I went to work yesterday, had a few cork popping moments of my own in the evening and had a great 8 hours sleep and its only moved from 22% to a mere 29%
*sighs*

camber16
06-14-15, 12:59 AM
Thinking you could not avoid it no matter what mine did the same thing
Yep, I can not honestly think what I must have done. Live and learn eh...

anissada
06-14-15, 01:31 AM
I think its my WiFi-- getting some quirky sync issues right now.. feels like a Twilight Zone episode

do we have the same provider? cause i also have the game reloading by itself regulary the last few days...

ladyperidot
06-14-15, 04:31 AM
Hehe, welcome to the club. I know why I have so many corks now, my knights have settled in the basement and are tasting some bottle! They make camp fires in the evening by shopping the barrels in pieces. I should send them hunting bandits instead ;p

My Knights have obviously been talking to yours! Today they brought me a campfire. I sent them back out; no sitting around drinking at night for you

ladyperidot
06-14-15, 04:33 AM

I have all three open too. I'm not too worried. Given the total quantity of corks and barrels needed to get to level 10, a single cork or barrel "reward" isn't really worth much. I just want to get to 10.

idrispad
06-14-15, 06:43 AM
I have my cat and I have happily packed away my farm houses :)

Just the vineyard to finish off, although I'm beginning to wonder if that's going to be possible without using gems.

anurulz
06-14-15, 06:56 AM
Does the skew happen in the exact same manner for most people? Currently almost everyone is having excess barrels and no corks to bottle up their wine...a while ago it was the other way round for all...maybe the game equalizes it intermittently for all at the same time..I don't know, am guessing based on past few comment...

gandalf72
06-14-15, 07:33 AM
I have my cat and I have happily packed away my farm houses :)

Just the vineyard to finish off, although I'm beginning to wonder if that's going to be possible without using gems.

Whoa... You're awesome! Now put those farmhouses back out and help the community win prizes too! :)

kittensabc
06-14-15, 07:52 AM
Whoa... You're awesome! Now put those farmhouses back out and help the community win prizes too! :)

The community counter runs independently of our actual collections. :p The second prize is going to end up taking 13.5 days since the day it started... They are going to have to give us a heck of a lot of grapes per day if they want us to make the last prize. :D