PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Lady Pfefferknot's Visit! (EXPIRED EVENT) 6/4/15 - 6/29/15

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

mreames
06-08-15, 06:39 PM
Has any body chopped,there grape smashers , does it just grapes ,

I haven't but I read that it gives 3 grapes per "smash". I didn't hear about any other drops.

katbtodd
06-08-15, 06:49 PM
I haven't but I read that it gives 3 grapes per "smash". I didn't hear about any other drops.

I was hoping for corks and barrels,, what was I thinking

akocek
06-08-15, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know what happens if you can't finish the 'My Fair Ivy' challenge within the allotted time? Does it screw up your ability to move on with the rest of the event? Many thanks for helpful responses!

mreames
06-08-15, 06:53 PM
Does anyone know what happens if you can't finish the 'My Fair Ivy' challenge within the allotted time? Does it screw up your ability to move on with the rest of the event? Many thanks for helpful responses!

You don't have to do it.. You will only lose put on the reward for doing it.

Lunaticus
06-08-15, 06:59 PM
Aww, thank you darlin':D
Although I don't think ONE cork is a sufficient prize,lol

I wish they would let us gift those skunk pies - I know several people don't have one & I have THREE:(
If it helps, it says you get them from the Royal Exchange (I'm guessing the milk & eggs trade b/c it gives you food) and from Ivy's place;)

One more barrel and I'll be at Lv5 - only have about 600 The strawberry tip is a good one I'm focusing on the grape mashers, farmhouses, and bandit adventures from now on:)

Wine & Happiness to y'all
Ash

I currently have 6.. would love to trade or give it if I can. 😑

SpiritWind00
06-08-15, 07:50 PM
1. new last step added (step 11) - thanks!
2. updated the Grape drop rate info.
3. added more text to the 2x optional additional timed quests at steps 3 and 6.

Keep checking post 2 for any new info!

AnniePMH
06-08-15, 08:12 PM
Goal pics from the last goals, if needed...

8. Preparing to serve royalty

(9. A Mother's concern -already posted pics)

10. Mother's birthday bonanza

11. Time to celebrate

I haven't read thru the whole post yet, so I don't know if it has been brought up already, but I have a goal past the last one in the first post. It's called "Time to Celebrate" and asks you to upgrade to level 10.

Yeah, post #486...:rolleyes::)

Ash1780
06-08-15, 08:28 PM
Sounds to me like by not focusing on farms at first but collecting diligently from the vineyard. ;)

Well now I'm at Level 5 w/close to 800 grapes ;)
I've been working on the vineyard as much as possible, honestly I don't know how y'all get so many grapes so fast!!!:confused:
But I've been having to use my energy to replenish stock at the same time and probably don't have as many farmhouses as a lot of people as well

*MWAH*
Ash

gsuiris
06-08-15, 08:32 PM
I've been busy lately so I'm only at 700 grapes and my vineyard is still at level 3 (and will be for a while, waiting on barrels). If I logged in more I would have more grapes, but such is life.

icastled
06-08-15, 08:48 PM
1. new last step added (step 11) - thanks!
2. updated the Grape drop rate info.
3. added more text to the 2x optional additional timed quests at steps 3 and 6.

Keep checking post 2 for any new info!

First and foremost, THANK YOU SW for working so diligently to keep our list updated!!!

I do have a couple of questions...
1st: Can someone with screenshots in their files verify that Street Smarts, labeled as step 6, is the optional timed mini goal? I ask because it requires the upgrade to level 7. It seems that wouldn't be an optional mini goal.

2nd: Which step has upgrade to level 8? It's not listed (that I saw). Sorry if it's an oversight.

Thanks again for for everyhing the mods/admins do for this forum!!

Ash1780
06-08-15, 09:15 PM

It does give 3 grapes per smash

Ash1780
06-08-15, 09:17 PM

I'm trying to remember possibly water and/or flowers like w/the grape press but DEFINITELY no corks/barrels
Hope this helps:D
Please ignore the first post w/the wrong quote - it'll be most appreciated:)

Jetzin
06-08-15, 09:36 PM
I'm still on the vineyard level 2. I have 12 barrels and 2 corks in my inventory. Sadly, I just missed out on the cork from My Fair Ivy. I try to get into the spirit of things and not be a complainer but with these kind of drop ratios, it's really hard to imagine finishing this vineyard. :(

mreames
06-08-15, 09:38 PM
I just received both goals for step 6 and 7. Step 6 definitely has a 5 day limit. I hope to know more in a bit, if I can finish step 7 with my bandits adventure in the barracks. It'll be done in a few minutes. Lol

First and foremost, THANK YOU SW for working so diligently to keep our list updated!!!

I do have a couple of questions...
1st: Can someone with screenshots in their files verify that Street Smarts, labeled as step 6, is the optional timed mini goal? I ask because it requires the upgrade to level 7. It seems that wouldn't be an optional mini goal.

2nd: Which step has upgrade to level 8? It's not listed (that I saw). Sorry if it's an oversight.

Thanks again for for everyhing the mods/admins do for this forum!!

tuffyjkitten
06-08-15, 09:43 PM
I'm trying to remember possibly water and/or flowers like w/the grape press but DEFINITELY no corks/barrels
Hope this helps:)

I want to say that's correct, I think they dropped purple flowers as well as grapes. I chopped both of mine 4 times so as to get as many drops as possible but still have the things as deco. And not have to spend gems on more!

Just finished My Fair Ivy with lots of time left, something like 14 hours left. It was a lot of work for a cork but I'm sure it will come in handy!

icastled
06-08-15, 09:57 PM
I just received both goals for step 6 and 7. Step 6 definitely has a 5 day limit. I hope to know more in a bit, if I can finish step 7 with my bandits adventure in the barracks. It'll be done in a few minutes. Lol

Thanks! I'll check back for the update ��

mreames
06-08-15, 10:07 PM
Thanks! I'll check back for the update ��

Step 7 leads to step 8. Step 7 completed when I collected my bandits adventure from my barracks.

Step 8 allowed 2 royal beams I had crafted but not collected to count from the workshop and also 1 royal beam from the tinker shop. I'll have to wait 2 hours for the last royal beam.

Collecting from cows, all cows counted (cows I have). Regular spotted cows, black cows, white cows, royal cows and even my heart cow. I didn't have a regular (pink) pig out to test.

icastled
06-08-15, 10:32 PM
Step 7 leads to step 8. Step 7 completed when I collected my bandits adventure from my barracks.

Step 8 allowed 2 royal beams I had crafted but not collected to count from the workshop and also 1 royal beam from the tinker shop. I'll have to wait 2 hours for the last royal beam.

Collecting from cows, all cows counted (cows I have). Regular spotted cows, black cows, white cows, royal cows and even my heart cow. I didn't have a regular (pink) pig out to test.

Thank you!! So I'm guessing that since street smarts has the level up requirement, you still have to complete the goal, but you won't receive the reward if not completed in the 5 days.

Thx again... Greatly appreciated!

icastled
06-08-15, 10:45 PM
Ok. I'm jumping in on the math conversation. I'm no math genius but I don't see a 50/50 ratio of corks to barrels (this is being said in humor so please, no haters... It's just fun). The only 50/50 I see is that I have completed 50% of the items needed from the vineyard estate drops, which is 100% corks. I would say I have a 100/0 ratio at this point. LOLOL

I think a lot of wine tasting is occurring before the barrels ever get corked. Thus the overflow of corks.

mreames
06-09-15, 12:05 AM
Ok well... I didn't see this coming. Lol it splits AGAIN!! Lol I didn't have the dialog start automatically, I opened it, so I don't know if it would have held off the timer or not had I not opened it, but there is also a 7 day time limit to get the vineyard to level 9. I now have 3 goals in my book. Get to level 7 in 5 days, get to level 9 in 7 days and get to level 10 by the end of the event. The good news is that I did not have to actually give the one skunkupie I had. The Go button didn't require collecting from Ivy either. It just gave me a check mark.

Hopefully someone else can check to see if not clicking on the dialog delays the timer on the 10th step.

One other note... I believe I did receive a cork from the adventure that was for catching the grape stealing bandits. I hope they'll give a cork or barrel the rest of the way. ;) it was hard to be sure since a dialog popped up immediately.

cloudsail
06-09-15, 12:25 AM
I now have 13 barrels and 1 cork...........

camber16
06-09-15, 12:45 AM
Im just plodding along with a few farms inbetween work. Im getting a good drop rate of both corks and barrel and will be upgrading to Level 5 hopefully by the end of the day, work permitting.
Just a quick question for any mods online, Old Thomas and his house have now stopped dropping the bestiary's I need for The Dragon Egg story line. Will this contine for the rest of Lady Pfefferknot's visit?

AnniePMH
06-09-15, 02:03 AM
I really didn't think I had to give a Skunku-Pie, since I have the same amount in storage as I thought I had before. Of course, I can have gotten a pie since 25 May without noticing it...Sorry, in that case, that I got your hopes up...:(

I don't mean to question anyone but since it says "Go" not "Give", it makes more sense that it's a visit to Ivy's, not giving a pie. So I'm not ready to dismiss your first thoughts on this. Lol otherwise there might be a lynch mob forming. ;)

The good news is that I did not have to actually give the one skunkupie I had. The Go button didn't require collecting from Ivy either. It just gave me a check mark.

All is well that ends well!:D

SpiritWind00
06-09-15, 02:20 AM
Im just plodding along with a few farms inbetween work. Im getting a good drop rate of both corks and barrel and will be upgrading to Level 5 hopefully by the end of the day, work permitting.
Just a quick question for any mods online, Old Thomas and his house have now stopped dropping the bestiary's I need for The Dragon Egg story line. Will this contine for the rest of Lady Pfefferknot's visit?

It's possible... Sometimes one goal seems to break another when a building is used out of its normal purpose. I'll flag it anyway just to check anyway so it can be resolved quickly for you if it is an issue.

tazdeil
06-09-15, 02:38 AM
Add me to the all barrels, no cork list

MaryEllen821
06-09-15, 02:49 AM
Anyone know whether the Hearty Feasts made for Step 9 be used for the Bandit Hunts of Step 10? (Optimistic that I'll ever get that far :p )

Anaboe
06-09-15, 03:08 AM
I just got 1 Grape from the Harvest Pergola.. Dunno if that was mentioned already? It's not that big a deal, one Grape for 1 energy once every 16 hours, but still, nice to know :)

yes, that's in post 2 already... The Summer Gazebo and the Harvest Pergola are the 2 places not mentioned in the screen explaining where you can collect grapes from. cheers! SW

Lol, I was confused: the Summer Gazebo stands next to the Fearie Respite in my Kingdom, so I thought those two dropped the grapes. So I was confuser when I saw the Pergola drop grapes as well :)

SpiritWind00
06-09-15, 03:10 AM
Anyone know whether the Hearty Feasts made for Step 9 be used for the Bandit Hunts of Step 10? (Optimistic that I'll ever get that far :p )

Yes of course you can! However.... it may be smarter to have your Castle ready for collection at this goal if time looks like it is going to be an issue. It looks like it's the COLLECTING of the adventure and NOT the sending that completes the goal. We still need verification of this, but that's usually how events work, so it is a fairly safe assumption.

Of course, you won't know till you get a bit closer to the end of the goal though how much time you have left, so keep your options open and have the ingredients ready just in case... :)

post 2 updated with the extra goal split at no 10. I've also added in a link (same link at the top of the post and also at the end of the post) to the Main Goal Guide which has all of the pictures for the event should you want clarification of what a goal looks like in pictorial format. [calling it a night, see you all tomorrow!]

Vovieadventure
06-09-15, 03:20 AM
My question is, if you finish making all the goal prizes, will you still be able to finish upgrading the vineyard house after the quest is over? I have been on level 3 for days now and still need 2 more corks to upgrade. I collect from it every 3 hrs, have force closed my game, moved the house around and still only get barrels. I have over 2100 grapes and will be collecting the 3rd prize soon. It's very frustrating that every time you go to collect you only get a barrel.

Anaboe
06-09-15, 03:31 AM
Usually you will be able to finish - using gems. The same as it is now. So if you think about spending gems, you'd better do it as soon as possible, for when you upgrade now, you will have double drops for the rest of the event. Drops usually stop when the event is over.

Vovieadventure
06-09-15, 04:09 AM
Thank you for letting me know about the drops.

mreames
06-09-15, 04:46 AM

Serve 3 hearty feasts in step 9 is the same as give 3 feasts, not prepare. So no, you can't use those 3. You should have at least 6 hearty feasts ready by the time you finish step 5. One of those 6 hearty feasts can be used to be ready to collect for step 7.

nikkimommy2014
06-09-15, 05:09 AM

Not sure about the beastiaries but I am still getting spell books from Old Thomas

MsClassyClothes
06-09-15, 05:35 AM
I don't have the daily trade option showing. Why ? I thought iOS players get it?:(
Does it take a certain level? I'm at level 43.

mreames
06-09-15, 05:45 AM
I'm curious if you mean once the whole event is over, or if you mean once you have collected over 4000 grapes?
You will have the opportunity for drops until the event is over, regardless of how many grapes you have. And correct, gems only after the event is over.

My question is, if you finish making all the goal prizes, will you still be able to finish upgrading the vineyard house after the quest is over? I have been on level 3 for days now and still need 2 more corks to upgrade. I collect from it every 3 hrs, have force closed my game, moved the house around and still only get barrels. I have over 2100 grapes and will be collecting the 3rd prize soon. It's very frustrating that every time you go to collect you only get a barrel.

MaryEllen821
06-09-15, 05:55 AM
Serve 3 hearty feasts in step 9 is the same as give 3 feasts, not prepare. So no, you can't use those 3. You should have at least 6 hearty feasts ready by the time you finish step 5. One of those 6 hearty feasts can be used to be ready to collect for step 7.

Thx, I see I need to be a little more focused in my planning. I had a lot of extra items after the Gazebo event, because I didn't understand which Builder's Hammers, e.g., I had to "give" and which were made at one step and used at a later step--so I just got on a roll and made enough to have separate hammers for every step. Live & learn.

PurpleScorpion76
06-09-15, 06:18 AM
My barrels are now running away from my corks :(

anurulz
06-09-15, 06:22 AM

I did get a bestiary drop during the event but from library...in fact thomas house has never dropped a bestiary for me..

ait_vedan
06-09-15, 06:29 AM
Hi, I'm a math teacher and I can do a hypothesis test to see if it's likely that the droprate is 50% - 50%. But for that I need your droprates.
So please reply with
nr Corks - nr Barrels
I will wait a few hours for your responses and then calculate a test.
Mine:
Corks 21
Barrels 9

mreames
06-09-15, 06:32 AM
I did get a bestiary drop during the event but from library...in fact thomas house has never dropped a bestiary for me..

Oh! Now that you mention that.... The libraries are the only places that are supposed to have a chance to drop the bestiary. They have to be level 2 or higher if I remember correctly.

tigarlilyvol
06-09-15, 06:36 AM
My barrels are now running away from my corks :(

I had a flashback to the Nursery rhyme, "and the dish ran away with the spoon".

mreames
06-09-15, 06:36 AM

I believe that level 2 or higher libraries are the only places that can drop the bestiary... Unless they changed something.

tigarlilyvol
06-09-15, 06:40 AM
Hi, I'm a math teacher and I can do a hypothesis test to see if it's likely that the droprate is 50% - 50%. But for that I need your droprates.
So please reply with
nr Corks - nr Barrels
Mine:
Corks 21
Barrels 9

Corks -5 barrels - 1
Corks 30 barrels - 17 (2nd kingdom)

mreames
06-09-15, 06:42 AM
Corks -5 barrels - 1
Corks 30 barrels - 17 (2nd kingdom)

Does that include any you have used to upgrade? ;)

Rockylandia
06-09-15, 06:48 AM
Prior to gemming up to level 4, I had collected 21 corks, 9 barrels. I think that's the number that matters, since getting to level 4 and double drops is the crucial step. As soon as I hit level 4, things evened - at least for the 3 collections I've made.

kaede654
06-09-15, 06:53 AM
So please reply with
nr Corks - nr Barrels
Mine:
Corks 21
Barrels 9

Corks 23
Barrels 17
Include corks and barrels I have used to upgrades

2joos
06-09-15, 07:26 AM
What was the answer, im not getting any corks.... my only cork is from finishing the ivy quest.

2joos
06-09-15, 07:26 AM
I now have 13 barrels and 1 cork...........

im the same my only cork is from ivys quest. How can I get some corks?

tigarlilyvol
06-09-15, 08:07 AM
Does that include any you have used to upgrade? ;)

Both level 8 and have these working towards level 9

ktorewqas
06-09-15, 08:17 AM
Corks - 29
Barrels - 18
(All included)

At the beginning, I had 8 barrels and 2 corks, now I am stepping in other direction :confused:

nuttyangel_69
06-09-15, 08:25 AM
I keep getting given cork but not one barrel yet!
I've collected over 20 times and every time ive been given cork and no barrel so I can't upgrade the vineyard estate! Really annoyed!!

gsuiris
06-09-15, 08:30 AM
Corks: 12
barrels: 6

Includes those used in upgrades

CharmOfLea
06-09-15, 09:06 AM
All ever collected (excluding the rewards from goals):

Cork: 14
Barrel: 18

mreames
06-09-15, 09:10 AM
All is well that ends well!:D

Agreed! ;) I could see where it looked like it might have given a pie but I immediately checked to see if my pie was gone or not. Lol

mreames
06-09-15, 09:14 AM
Ironically, in light of what I discovered after step 5.... It would appear those that have a significantly higher amount of corks or barrels after upgrading to level 5.... may have a potential advantage over those who've had relatively equal drops when it comes to meeting the limited times.

88silver
06-09-15, 09:21 AM
Cork: 23
Barrel: 23
That includes what I've used to upgrade and the rewards I've received from goals.

GloLand
06-09-15, 09:27 AM
I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but I have a problem with one of the goals. I'm supposed to craft royal beams and blocks, but my inventory is already full of them and I'm unable to craft more. It's a whopping 30 gems apiece to skip these two parts of the goal...60 gems!!! Is there any way I can sell a couple of my beams/blocks to make the 2 I need or can I use them to build something? I'm not sure what my options might be to avoid the gem hit.

roguebee
06-09-15, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but I have a problem with one of the goals. I'm supposed to craft royal beams and blocks, but my inventory is already full of them and I'm unable to craft more. It's a whopping 30 gems apiece to skip these two parts of the goal...60 gems!!! Is there any way I can sell a couple of my beams/blocks to make the 2 I need or can I use them to build something? I'm not sure what my options might be to avoid the gem hit.

You can use royal blocks to craft the unicorn statue or make an ornate block. A royal beam can be made into an ornate beam.

If you want to build a building or upgrade one visit the Hub and see what is needed.

vozier
06-09-15, 09:36 AM
Well i am officially "Barrell cursed" i was getting roughly 50% drops, but I finished Ivy, got my fourth cork for lvl 4 upgrade, which means I only need one more cork and since that time i have been getting only barrels, 6 so far... IO was wondering why people complained as much, now I fully agree.... Hope i get a cork eventually............

cheers

anotherfungame
06-09-15, 09:37 AM
So please reply with
nr Corks - nr Barrels
Mine:
Corks 21
Barrels 9

Thank You! So far...
Corks 22
Barrels 22
(This number includes total accumulation minus rewards for goals)
:confused:Just realized I'M 50/50! Hope I didn't just jinx myself:confused:

dl807
06-09-15, 09:48 AM
I am still on level 3 and wondering if I will ever get to level 4, cannot get barrels.

Current inventory is 15 corks and 1 barrel

cnlsmommy
06-09-15, 09:48 AM
I feel like a casino junky. Every time before I hit my winery I find myself going through a little chant of - come on cork, mama needs a new pair of shoes! Lol!!

burritosprings
06-09-15, 09:50 AM
3 Accounts

http://i59.tinypic.com/2191d00.jpg

GloLand
06-09-15, 10:12 AM
You can use royal blocks to craft the unicorn statue or make an ornate block. A royal beam can be made into an ornate beam.

If you want to build a building or upgrade one visit the Hub and see what is needed.

Thank you so much. I was panicking and not thinking about what I could use the beams/blocks to make. You solved my problem!

On another point, I am also barrel deprived. It seems that whenever we have a set of goals that depend upon drops of two or more items for upgrades, I'm short on one of them. This time, it's barrels.

invu50much
06-09-15, 10:21 AM
How do you guys get grapes so quickly???? Please give me some tips

burritosprings
06-09-15, 10:26 AM
How do you guys get grapes so quickly???? Please give me some tips

farmhouses --- with Energy Resources

2 Wizard schools
Wedding ALicorn
Pink Alicorn
Rouncey

and lots of patience.. things tend to get put on backburner when these events appear... concentrate on every energy.. visit neighbors and squezze out every energy you can muster..

jaymieb2
06-09-15, 10:57 AM

I am not a mod, but it took six weeks to gather my 10 Bestiary Books. Good luck!

xanethi
06-09-15, 11:53 AM
I have at the moment 8 cork and 10 barrels.

PurpleScorpion76
06-09-15, 11:58 AM
Corks 1 barrels 7. Just upgraded to level 4. And the cork was only from finishing that step.

LuvsHorror
06-09-15, 11:58 AM
I got a late start because I didn't go on as much. Bummer. Can't see anyway short of gems to get all the prizes. Oh well, I still like a challenge.

withywindle
06-09-15, 12:02 PM
Collected 21 barrel, 10 cork. Does not include rewards from goals. Am at level 4. Tks.

PinkLites
06-09-15, 12:05 PM
Hello all! I am trying to upgrade to level 5 and I have 15 barrels & 2 corks!!! Progress for corks have not gotten any better!! Get 2 barrels each time go to vineyard! Will never make all the upgrades! S8 should be doing something about this, because people are still complaining about the same issue since start of quest!!

ait_vedan
06-09-15, 12:10 PM
So far, I have 17 counts of corks and barrels and the combination of these counts give 40% barrel drop. Statistically the chance for 40% would be less than 0.02%, this is a very low chance, what would suggest that we can't say the drop rate to be 50% cork/barrel.
On the other hand, I only had 17 games and there must be thousands. But still I have a feeling S8 did not set the rate to 50% to make the quest more challeging.

dyl625
06-09-15, 12:11 PM
I am still stuck at level 3 vineyard. I'm not getting barrels to drop.

PurpleScorpion76
06-09-15, 12:16 PM
Prior to gemming up to level 4, I had collected 21 corks, 9 barrels. I think that's the number that matters, since getting to level 4 and double drops is the crucial step. As soon as I hit level 4, things evened - at least for the 3 collections I've made.

So is it level 4 where the drops start to double?

PurpleScorpion76
06-09-15, 12:19 PM
Well i am officially "Barrell cursed" i was getting roughly 50% drops, but I finished Ivy, got my fourth cork for lvl 4 upgrade, which means I only need one more cork and since that time i have been getting only barrels, 6 so far... IO was wondering why people complained as much, now I fully agree.... Hope i get a fckn cork eventually............

cheers

Exactly what happened to me. It took 2 full waking days of collecting to get my cork to upgrade to level 4.

FrostyFrida
06-09-15, 12:24 PM
Am at level 4, currently with 5 corks and 4 barrels :-) I've been lucky, cork- barrel-barrel- cork etc.. :-) I understand the frustration when you get fifteen corks in a row, but I do not think that is planned by CS, it is purely coincidale.. And the players who encounter this problem is clearly more likely to report it, and have a deeper interest in your calculations... I think this might be a bias in your research ��

napertown
06-09-15, 12:25 PM
Exactly what happened to me. It took 2 full waking days of collecting to get my cork to upgrade to level 4.

15 corks, 2 barrels. It's taken me 3 entire days so far to try and upgrade from level 3 to 4. This is ridiculous! Still need 3 more just to get to 4.

mreames
06-09-15, 12:34 PM
I'm just curious if any of the people that have a large amount of either corks or barrels realize that it could be to their advantage in the timed goals when they come up after leveling the vineyard to 5. For those of us who had exactly the right amount to level up to 5, it will take a minimum of 10 collections to get to 6. Those that have 10 extra corks or barrels have the potential to level up to 6 in 5 collections or at least less than 10. There really are some potential positives from your situation. I'm just saying.... ;)

withywindle
06-09-15, 12:45 PM
I have posted my cork/barrel count to add data for the "number crunchers". I am not worried, i expect it will all even out before the end.

Rockylandia
06-09-15, 01:02 PM
Yes, level 4 is where the vineyard starts double drops. And while I agree that drops will even out eventually if you collect hundreds of times, obviously people who can reach level 4 quickly will end up collecting many more corks/barrels than those who had to wait several extra days before they could start collecting double drops. Much easier to reach level 10 if you have a lot more corks/ barrels during the 25-day period.

burritosprings
06-09-15, 01:07 PM
Latest Numbers

http://i59.tinypic.com/nmkazc.jpg

lovecaitcait
06-09-15, 01:11 PM
Yea, I'm thinking that now that I've upgraded to level 4 and am getting double drops I'm going to just sit on my barrels and corks for a while. I think probably collect 35 of each and then upgrade to 5 so that I can make it through that timed quest of upgrading to level 7 easily. The only thing I'll miss out on by waiting instead of upgrading as soon as I'm able is the higher grape drop. I'm already over 1,000 grapes though and I'm not being super OCD about collecting so I'm not too worried about getting through all the prizes anyway.

burritosprings
06-09-15, 01:13 PM
Yea, I'm thinking that now that I've upgraded to level 4 and am getting double drops I'm going to just sit on my barrels and corks for a while. I think probably collect 35 of each and then upgrade to 5 so that I can make it through that timed quest of upgrading to level 7 easily. The only thing I'll miss out on by waiting instead of upgrading as soon as I'm able is the higher grape drop. I'm already over 1,000 grapes though and I'm not being super OCD about collecting so I'm not too worried about getting through all the prizes anyway.

Was thinking the same thing )).. plus we can get grapes from other sources. But then there is no real advantage to avoid this goal.. your basically doing the same thing by waiting to upgrade then to just go ahead and follow the normal path and at least you get a barrel out of the waiting we are already doing.

lovecaitcait
06-09-15, 01:18 PM
Oh and I have so far collected 12 corks and 10 barrels (excluding the rewards). :D

Vovieadventure
06-09-15, 01:23 PM
Once the event is completely over is what I was wondering if you would be able to complete building the vineyard house. I was told earlier by someone else that you would need gems to finish it.

burritosprings
06-09-15, 01:27 PM
Oh and I have so far collected 12 corks and 10 barrels (excluding the rewards). :D

The harder issue is timing the end of the Adventure when you get the Cork/Barrels you need to upgrade..))

lovecaitcait
06-09-15, 01:28 PM
Once the event is completely over is what I was wondering if you would be able to complete building the vineyard house. I was told earlier by someone else that you would need gems to finish it.

Most likely (if it is like past events) you will have to spend gems to get through the upgrades because the required materials (barrels & corks) will no longer drop from the vineyard.

lovecaitcait
06-09-15, 01:30 PM
The harder issue is timing the end of the Adventure when you get the Cork/Barrels you need to upgrade..))

Agreed! I'm pretty much just constantly sending them out though so I'm hoping I'll get lucky as I am too lazy to map out the timing lol

burritosprings
06-09-15, 01:30 PM

Similar to the Gazebo event.. you can finish it after expiry but you better have the components needed..

Vovieadventure
06-09-15, 01:34 PM
I'm curious if you mean once the whole event is over, or if you mean once you have collected over 4000 grapes?
You will have the opportunity for drops until the event is over, regardless of how many grapes you have. And correct, gems only after the event is over.

Yes, once the event is completely over. I was told by another player that gems is the only way that the vineyard house could be completed. Thanks. I hope I finish it cause having a incomplete building doesn't do anything but just give you coins.

kittensabc
06-09-15, 01:36 PM
Yes, once the event is completely over. I was told by another player that gems is the only way that the vineyard house could be completed.
To clarify this answer: You can keep upgrading your Vineyard without using gems until the 25 day timer runs out, it does not matter if you get all 4000 grapes--you can still keep collecting barrels and corks.

Vovieadventure
06-09-15, 01:39 PM
Most likely (if it is like past events) you will have to spend gems to get through the upgrades because the required materials (barrels & corks) will no longer drop from the vineyard.

Thanks for letting me know.

Vovieadventure
06-09-15, 01:41 PM
To clarify this answer: You can keep upgrading your Vineyard without using gems until the 25 day timer runs out, it does not matter if you get all 4000 grapes--you can still keep collecting barrels and corks.

Thank you

mreames
06-09-15, 01:52 PM
That actually is a possibility. You'd still be getting the double drop and would end up with the full 7 days to get from level 7 to level 9 on the other timed goal. I have to get from 5 to 9 in 7 days. Not likely but I will try. Lol

Edit: after further thought.. (Still thinking for 2nd account) just by holding off on the 9th goal will delay getting the 7 day goal to get to level 9. But still, the 5 day timer does start as soon as you get to level 5, whether you open up the dialog or not.

mreames
06-09-15, 01:54 PM
On another note, I just have to say...... DONE with grape collecting except from the vineyard! ;)
Ugh but 2nd account is only a little over half way.

possibilitys
06-09-15, 02:09 PM
So please reply with
nr Corks - nr Barrels
Mine:
I

Corks 21
Barrels 9

I have corks 42, barrels 34
Corks 22, barrels 17 (2nd kingdom)

kittensabc
06-09-15, 02:12 PM
Almost time to pack away the farmhouses! I need to think of how to display the tiny prizes!

mreames
06-09-15, 02:21 PM
Almost time to pack away the farmhouses! I need to think of how to display the tiny prizes!

Yep, I just packed all of mine away, including the deco except the cat. ;)

my2place
06-09-15, 02:23 PM
Am at level 4, currently with 5 corks and 4 barrels :-) I've been lucky, cork- barrel-barrel- cork etc.. :-) I understand the frustration when you get fifteen corks in a row, but I do not think that is planned by CS, it is purely coincidale.. And the players who encounter this problem is clearly more likely to report it, and have a deeper interest in your calculations... I think this might be a bias in your research ��
That's true - being a math person here too, maybe we need to determine a margin or error? LOL
I haven't really been keeping track - but relatively close to 50% here. Seems like my collecting goes in spurts - get a lot of one in a row, but then get a lot of the other in a row to almost even it out. The only thing I did to speed things up was to gem through the last hour of level 3 twice to get to level 4 faster - I feel that getting to lv 4 is really a breaking point when things can start to move along a little faster with the double drops.

burritosprings
06-09-15, 02:46 PM
That's true - being a math person here too, maybe we need to determine a margin or error? LOL
I haven't really been keeping track - but relatively close to 50% here. Seems like my collecting goes in spurts - get a lot of one in a row, but then get a lot of the other in a row to almost even it out. The only thing I did to speed things up was to gem through the last hour of level 3 twice to get to level 4 faster - I feel that getting to lv 4 is really a breaking point when things can start to move along a little faster with the double drops.

Only way to determine. is by using actual numbers.. Seems is not a actual number.. that's a feel/notion. and your a math person??

SpiritWind00
06-09-15, 02:52 PM
Moving on..... ;)

my2place
06-09-15, 02:55 PM
Only way to determine. is by using actual numbers.. Seems is not a actual number.. that's a feel/notion. and your a math person??
Sorry to mislead - my note was meant to be lighthearted and fun, I haven't been keeping records, just enjoying the play and thought I'd give my general status. :)

mreames
06-09-15, 02:55 PM

The real problem is that it would require actual numbers from every person participating in the event to get the real ratio.
It's always the people having the extremes that say something, the most. Any numbers derived from the forum, even if actual numbers, will be skewed to some degree.

mreames
06-09-15, 02:56 PM

The real problem is that it would require actual numbers from every person participating in the event to get the real ratio.
It's always the people having the extremes that say something, the most. Any numbers derived from the forum, even if actual numbers, will be skewed to some degree.

Edit: oops, moving on :) lol

SpiritWind00
06-09-15, 03:00 PM
Agreed... I'm posting my barrel vs cork numbers just for fun in the hopes that once posted my shortage of corks might change! I know, crazier things have happened.

I have a L4 vineyard with 10 barrels and 2 corks. It has been fairly even till now for me. I'm holding back hitting the skip button as there is still loads of time left. After all, it's only day 6! :)

JayJayBzz
06-09-15, 03:05 PM
NEW QUESTON: Do you think TL might make the tasting barrel available in the market for purchase? It's a decoration only so it would prob only go for coin. BUT ~ having attended many a wine fest in RL (���� hic...), I can tell you that one tasting barrel would simply cause tasters to freak at the unnaturally long wait time! c'mon... pretty plz? with a little sugar on top?? It's only a decoration, not a whole storyline or anything!!!! ✨���� ����

burritosprings
06-09-15, 03:09 PM
NEW QUESTON: Do you think TL might make the tasting barrel available in the market for purchase? It's a decoration only so it would prob only go for coin. BUT ~ having attended many a wine fest in RL (���� hic...), I can tell you that one tasting barrel would simply cause tasters to freak at the unnaturally long wait time! c'mon... pretty plz? with a little sugar on top?? It's only a decoration, not a whole storyline or anything!!!! ✨���� ����

all this going on and you want a deco available for purchase?

mreames
06-09-15, 03:23 PM
Acct 1. Level 5 - 8 corks, 7 barrels
Acct 2. Level 5 - 3 corks, 2 barrels

fantaloonastic
06-09-15, 03:32 PM
I'm still lagging behind i see: level 3, 3 barrels 1 cork and 635 grapes. Plenty of time to go!

badbunny42
06-09-15, 03:42 PM
I'm very concerned about the Street Smarts challenge/quest. If I don't hit level 7 in the time allotted, does that mean I am forever stuck at level 5? Or, do I still have the entire mama-visit challenge time to upgrade?

Reading this forum, I'm still uncertain. SWs post 2 seems to say it doesn't matter, but it sure looks like it does.

daddyoooz
06-09-15, 03:47 PM
When "giving the gift" or "pay the royal tribute" comes up for completion... is the gift a crafted item or the royal tribute drain our funds? Or r these just a way to hold the goal open until ready to move forward?

burritosprings
06-09-15, 03:47 PM
I'm very concerned about the Street Smarts challenge/quest. If I don't hit level 7 in the time allotted, does that mean I am forever stuck at level 5? Or, do I still have the entire mama-visit challenge time to upgrade?

Reading this forum, I'm still uncertain. SWs post 2 seems to say it doesn't matter, but it sure looks like it does.

Its up to you to finish.. it does not effect the 25 day event

badbunny42
06-09-15, 03:53 PM
Its up to you to finish.. it does not effect the 25 day event

I hope you mean I can still advance my wine estate if it takes more time than that particular quest demands. Especially since I just triggered more timed quests for levels 9 and 10. I don't want another half finished building in storage.

Btw, it seems one shouldn't have three timed quests like that up at once. That must be a mistake of some sort.

burritosprings
06-09-15, 03:58 PM
I hope you mean I can still advance my wine estate if it takes more time than that particular quest demands. Especially since I just triggered more timed quests for levels 9 and 10. I don't want another half finished building in storage.

Btw, it seems one shouldn't have three timed quests like that up at once. That must be a mistake of some sort.

Don't take my word for it.. Ask S8

mreames
06-09-15, 04:12 PM
It doesn't matter. I have all 3 timed goals at one time. It's just the rewards for those goals that are at stake. (XP, coins, cork or barrel) I would have done it a little differently had I known the goal for raising to 9 was going to pop up with a 7-day time limit. It really only happened because I had everything ready before I got to it.

CharmOfLea
06-09-15, 04:12 PM
I'd take an extra one or two as well. :D

mreames
06-09-15, 04:28 PM
When "giving the gift" or "pay the royal tribute" comes up for completion... is the gift a crafted item or the royal tribute drain our funds? Or r these just a way to hold the goal open until ready to move forward?

I thought the gift was going to be a transformation tonic but I still have all 3 I had. Paying the tribute didn't come up with a money screen and I seem to have about the same amount so I think both were just pushes of buttons.

Lunaticus
06-09-15, 04:28 PM
Decided to only level up my vineyard to 5 when I have all the corks and barrels for level 7.. that way im sure ill finish on time. No difference in corks/barrel drops between 5-7...

35 corks & barrels needed.
Currently at 11 barrels & 9 corks.

mreames
06-09-15, 04:43 PM
If level 8 is truly when the next increase is for corks and barrels then you might wait until you have enough for level 8 so you have a head start on the level 9 timed event. Or just don't do the 9th goal until you are ready to get to level 8, anyway.

Decided to only level up my vineyard to 5 when I have all the corks and barrels for level 7.. that way im sure ill finish on time. No difference in corks/barrel drops between 5-7...

35 corks & barrels needed.
Currently at 11 barrels & 9 corks.

kittensabc
06-09-15, 05:23 PM
I see people are attempting to assemble a data set to determine the probability of the cork/barrel drop. I just finished so I thought I would share my findings. Using probability you can show that 270 trials are necessary in order to be 90 percent certain that your values are accurate to within 5 percent. This is very inaccurate but it is good enough to get a rough sense of the probability.

Out of 270 trials (conducted by setting my phone's clock ahead by 3 hours many, many, many times over the course of two days) I recieved 121 corks and 149 barrels, a 0.448 drop rate for corks and a 0.552 drop rate for barrels. There is a 90 percent chance that these numbers are accurate between plus or minus 0.05, which puts a 50/50 chance within the range of possible values. (Ok, it is *slightly* outside the range of possible values, but remember that I only picked 90 percent certainty. :p)

**Note** these numbers are for before level 4, after which there are 3 possible outcomes of each collection and I didn't want to collect several thousand times.

Lunaticus
06-09-15, 05:45 PM
If level 8 is truly when the next increase is for corks and barrels then you might wait until you have enough for level 8 so you have a head start on the level 9 timed event. Or just don't do the 9th goal until you are ready to get to level 8, anyway.

Gotcha! I'll think about it.
thanks for the tip. 😄

SHINeeFan23
06-09-15, 06:09 PM
Things are moving along ok for me. I have my vineyard at lvl 4 & I'm getting nothing but corks so far. Just a few days ago I was at 300+ now I'm at 800. Might not make it to the cat but I'm going to try :). Good luck everyone.

mreames
06-09-15, 06:45 PM
Hmmmm.... I haven't finished "Mother's Birthday Bonanza" on my 2nd account yet (gave the gift but not the hearty feasts) but "A Mother's Concern" is in my book, already. I haven't started the dialog, it still shows as new but no timer, yet. I guess I'll be the guinea pig again and see if it stays that way if I finish mothers birthday bonanza. Lol

mreames
06-09-15, 06:58 PM
Gotcha! I'll think about it.
thanks for the tip. ��

No need to hold off until level 8 I guess. A Mothers Concern appears to not start the timer until the dialog is manually started. I don't know if it will start upon the completion of step 6 or not, though.

perry5
06-09-15, 07:17 PM
I get the sense that some wish we would just stick a cork in the whole cork vs. barrrel collection debate! (sorry you know who...couldn't help myself!) :)

DragonWished
06-09-15, 07:18 PM

Great suggestion! I would like another, maybe more.

JayJayBzz
06-09-15, 08:56 PM
all this going on and you want a deco available for purchase?

LOLOLOL ~ Yes, but coins only. Not gems. I really enjoy this quest, but at this point I don't have strong feelings about getting another dog, doghouse, cat or cat bed. They're cute tho, and I recognize they are for the Android players who haven't been able to get a pet yet. So I'm a little more interested in the wine theme ~ looking forward to the tasting tent, and would like to set up barrels and benches for my nbrs to drop by and sip a few!! I just reached L6 on my Villa and have 925 grapes. I'm happy!

GrandmaDonnaLynn
06-09-15, 09:19 PM
I'm at level 3 vineyard with 15 corks & 3 barrels, & 1701 grapes. ��. Hoping to get more barrels soon so I can upgrade to level 4 and start getting two drops each time.

riverly
06-09-15, 09:26 PM
Ok I feel stupid but which ones are the fang-dangled tasting barrels. Do they exist???

GrandmaDonnaLynn
06-09-15, 09:38 PM
Ok I feel stupid but which ones are the fang-dangled tasting barrels. Do they exist???

Here is my first time to post a picture. It's of the wine tasting barrel which is right next to my pink pavilion. Hope this works.

riverly
06-09-15, 10:24 PM
I found mine. I had it hidden. They really do exist.

Dabag
06-09-15, 10:50 PM
just venting

Flux Capacitor!

kingdomgirl1234
06-09-15, 11:10 PM
Only getting one item, a cork, at level 4 get other things like water too but not 2 needed items, barrels corks

AnniePMH
06-09-15, 11:40 PM
just venting

Flux Capacitor!

These deja vu moments are perfectly normal here! There is no spoon.

DrP4ever
06-10-15, 01:06 AM
8 corks, 1 barrel. Need 10 of each. Oh barrels where are you?????

SpiritWind00
06-10-15, 02:29 AM
Err, I have them! "Corks, corks, my kingdom for a cork"....

There's nothing for it, I'm going to have to branch out now from sub-contracting out bootlegging to go into black marketeering of corks and barrels. Meet me behind the tavern at midnight... Hmmm might get crowded! Don't let Thomas see you ok!

camber16
06-10-15, 03:03 AM
Oh! Now that you mention that.... The libraries are the only places that are supposed to have a chance to drop the bestiary. They have to be level 2 or higher if I remember correctly.
Yes, Im an idiot. I meant the library 😕
I now have had a double drop this morning so all is back on track. Forgive my brain, I'm in the middle of a new job, moving and grape hunting!

camber16
06-10-15, 03:05 AM
And now I am hunting the lesser spotted corks...an elusive and shy item but hopefully if I wave some brie and make a popping noise whilst in hiding, they may just appear.

perry5
06-10-15, 03:42 AM
"May the cork-barrel odds be ever in your favor!"

ShibuyaCloth
06-10-15, 04:23 AM

There's nothing for it, I'm going to have to branch out now from sub-contracting out bootlegging to go into black marketeering of corks and barrels. Meet me behind the tavern at midnight... Hmmm might get crowded! Don't let Thomas see you ok!

LOL, I have the envelop ready, make it 10 barrels for me. I cam carry them ;)

AnniePMH
06-10-15, 04:49 AM

Thank you. Only by 'divine' intervention or some sort of Deus ex machina, will I have any corks or barrels at all. Not too happy with this state of affairs:mad:

katbtodd
06-10-15, 05:00 AM
Once I level up to 6 all my quests came in , some many days to level up to 7 and then 9 and then 10 , NO way you can make it , with 2 drops every 3 hour even if you got up all night , thinking I can make7 in 4 days but ,not so sure I can make level 9 in 6 days and level 10 is at the end of the quest 20 days

AnniePMH
06-10-15, 05:08 AM
Once I level up to 6 all my quests came in , some many days to level up to 7 and then 9 and then 10 , NO way you can make it , with 2 drops every 3 hour even if you got up all night , thinking I can make7 in 4 days but ,not so sure I can make level 9 in 6 days and level 10 is at the end of the quest 20 days

I would like to add the thought that if katbtodd can't make this without using gems, it probably is not possible.

nikkimommy2014
06-10-15, 05:17 AM
The key is not to level up to 5 until you have enough surplus barrels and corks to go straight up to level 8. You won't be missing out on any drops this way (except grapes) and it will be easy to complete the goals in the time allowed

katbtodd
06-10-15, 05:26 AM
I would like to add the thought that if katbtodd can't make this without using gems, it probably is not possible.

Think I can make level 7 with in 4 days it say (mini quest in your book,) not sure I can make level 9 mini quest in 6 days ,but thinking I make level 10 in 20 days this is just to get the extra corks and barrels ,

AnniePMH
06-10-15, 05:30 AM
The key is not to level up to 6 until you have enough surplus barrels and corks to go straight up to level 8. You won't be missing out on any drops this way (except grapes) and it will be easy to complete the goals in the time allowed

Still seems strange to construct a goal in this way, seeing that some players will be first, and they should also be able to finish goals without using gems...:rolleyes:

mreames
06-10-15, 05:31 AM
The key is not to level up to 6 until you have enough surplus barrels and corks to go straight up to level 8. You won't be missing out on any drops this way (except grapes) and it will be easy to complete the goals in the time allowed

I think you mean not to level up to 5 until enough surplus. The 5 day goal starts immediately after upgrading to 5. The real problem, though, is the 7 day limit goal.... They key there is don't start the dialog on "A Mothers Concern".

AnniePMH
06-10-15, 05:33 AM
Think I can make level 7 with in 4 days it say (mini quest in your book,) not sure I can make level 9 mini quest in 6 days ,but thinking I make level 10 in 20 days this is just to get the extra corks and barrels ,

You'll be a hardcore test driver:)

mreames
06-10-15, 05:36 AM
I can't print here what my reaction was when I saw I had to upgrade from level 5 to level 9 in 7 days!! I've been putting out some warnings on here but I think we need to ask SW to put it on the first page. :) of course the upgrade to level 10 is by the end of the event. It's really just the upgrade to 9 that is the major problem in my eyes.

nikkimommy2014
06-10-15, 05:37 AM
Your right I fixed it (level 5) and yeah Annie it seems to me they did it backwards the leveling up goals should be the main event goals and the goals requiring the cows and crafting should be on the short timer

mreames
06-10-15, 05:44 AM
Did you start the dialog for "A Mothers concern" manually or did it start on its own? I started it manually the other night and wished I hadn't. :(

mreames
06-10-15, 05:50 AM
Your right I fixed it (level 5) and yeah Annie it seems to me they did it backwards the leveling up goals should be the main event goals and the goals requiring the cows and crafting should be on the short timer

I thought the first one of the goals that had a time limit was surely reported backwards until I saw the picture. Lol

mreames
06-10-15, 06:04 AM
LMAO..... Definitely got a chuckle here. ;)

88silver
06-10-15, 06:13 AM
I upgraded to level 5 yesterday and I currently have "Street Smarts" (5 day timer) and "I got grapes."

Can anyone confirm what triggers "A Mother's Concern"? Some people are saying it's completing "Mother's Birthday Bonanza", some say it's completing "Preparing to Serve Royalty", some say it's upgrading to level 6.

chixyb
06-10-15, 06:18 AM
Here are my drop rates (not including what I have received as rewards):

Corks: 8
Barrels: 20

I finally upgraded to level 4 this morning, it took forever :(

mreames
06-10-15, 06:22 AM
I initially reported that it was triggered upon mothers bonanza.. After doing my 2nd account I discovered that it shows up in the book after completing preparing to serve royalty. Unlike street smarts, however, I have been able to avoid the timer so far, by not opening the dialog.

I upgraded to level 5 yesterday and I currently have "Street Smarts" (5 day timer) and "I got grapes."

Can anyone confirm what triggers "A Mother's Concern"? Some people are saying it's completing "Mother's Birthday Bonanza", some say it's completing "Preparing to Serve Royalty", some say it's upgrading to level 6.

ShibuyaCloth
06-10-15, 06:44 AM
I am getting rusty, I didn't make it for "My Fair Ivy" by a fair margin. Not good for the next stages.

Still hanging at level 4 with my vineyard. I have a barrel issue ;) I am eating the grapes before maturity it seems. Well at least I should maintain the 200 grapes / day mark.

PrincessCupOButter
06-10-15, 07:35 AM
I can't print here what my reaction was when I saw I had to upgrade from level 5 to level 9 in 7 days!! I've been putting out some warnings on here but I think we need to ask SW to put it on the first page. :) of course the upgrade to level 10 is by the end of the event. It's really just the upgrade to 9 that is the major problem in my eyes.

Your warnings helped me, to the extent that I didn't start the dialog on A Mother's Concern. (Thank-you!) Based on the second post on page 1, I thought completing Mother's Birthday Bonanza would trigger it, but it triggered upon completing Preparing to Serve Royalty. :( I agree that a warning should be posted in that second post!
As of now I'm at level 5 with a minimum of 3 collections left to level up to 6.... Hoping the cork/barrel ratio holds out for me (please, please, please!!) So far I've used 5 gems speeding up the vinyard at night, squeezing in one last collection before sleep. Still hoping to make all the goals on time....not so much for the one barrel or cork, just for personal satisfaction. Lol

I wouldn't be me if I didn't add at least one "complaint". So here goes:
I totally agree with others who posted before me that the goal timers are backwards. The leveling up goals should have the longer timers. Doing it this way gives me the uneasy feeling that it's intended to force people to panic and purchase the corks/barrels in order to beat the clock. As for me, I'm leaning heavily towards letting those expire if necessary.

88silver
06-10-15, 07:42 AM
I initially reported that it was triggered upon mothers bonanza.. After doing my 2nd account I discovered that it shows up in the book after completing preparing to serve royalty. Unlike street smarts, however, I have been able to avoid the timer so far, by not opening the dialog.

Thank you!

I think I'll hold off on making the royal beams when I get to that goal in order to delay "A Mother's Concern".

judafarm
06-10-15, 08:05 AM
What drps cork and oak?

kingdomgirl1234
06-10-15, 08:16 AM
Game 1 level 4
Corks 12
Barrels 2
Game 2 level 4
Corks 8
Barrels 9

burritosprings
06-10-15, 08:39 AM
What drps cork and oak?

The Vineyard building only

cymoril69
06-10-15, 09:12 AM
How do you craft the royal beams and blocks if you are already maxed out in inventory and they are greyed out? Thx. Edited: never mind. I upgraded some buildings to use up stuff and lower my inventory. Thx.

kingdomgirl1234
06-10-15, 09:33 AM
I play one game on an I pad and one on a I phone but don't get the daily trades. Thought they were IOS. Have updated to IOS 8.3 but nothing. Help please anyone.
Really enjoying the challenge and seeing people's gaming strategies. Thanks for the great suggestions from all those who post. Only problem is my wine consumption going up with this focus on corks and barrels. Happy harvesting to all. May it be a good vintage

meme1098
06-10-15, 10:36 AM
I play one game on an I pad and one on a I phone but don't get the daily trades. Thought they were IOS. Have updated to IOS 8.3 but nothing. Help please anyone.
Really enjoying the challenge and seeing people's gaming strategies. Thanks for the great suggestions from all those who post. Only problem is my wine consumption going up with this focus on corks and barrels. Happy harvesting to all. May it be a good vintage

Did you do the Castle Story upgrade a few weeks back? You should be v.1.3.2

PinkLites
06-10-15, 10:43 AM
Well, still at level 5 with 21 barrels & only 5 corks!! Will never make it without gems, which refuse to give in on. Hoping the Vineyard gods come to the rescue soon & start playing a little more fairly.

meme1098
06-10-15, 10:46 AM
Well, still at level 5 with 21 barrels & only 5 corks!! Will never make it without gems, which refuse to give in on. Hoping the Vineyard gods come to the rescue soon & start playing a little more fairly.

I'm still stuck at level 3 waiting on 1 more of each but I was gone last weekend which put me a bit behind. Catching up on the grape collecting but leveling up the vineyard is a whole other matter...lol.

possibilitys
06-10-15, 10:48 AM
How do you avoid starting the dialogue on A Mothers Concern?

meme1098
06-10-15, 10:48 AM

I think by not tapping the goal in your book?

m1stery
06-10-15, 10:50 AM
I have just crossed the 1000 grapes mark... so the first community prize is one palisade?!?? Am I just uninspired or is that kinda useless?

ktorewqas
06-10-15, 11:03 AM
20804here is what I have now, lvl 4. I have 13 more corks than barrel, the gap was 11, now it's going bigger:confused:

tigarlilyvol
06-10-15, 11:06 AM
Mine is in storage

ktorewqas
06-10-15, 11:21 AM
Just collected one more, got 2 more corks ...:mad: :(

belbar22
06-10-15, 11:31 AM

I am thinking of delaying upgrading until I have a stash of both so I can upgrade in quick succession.

possibilitys
06-10-15, 11:34 AM
I think by not tapping the goal in your book?

Now I'm afraid to complete "Preparing to Serve Royalty" as I don't want to trigger opening the dialogue and the timer for "A Mother's Concern". Does anyone know for sure?

PrincessCupOButter
06-10-15, 11:34 AM

Apparently you can't. :(
I just logged on to my game again and the counter has started. :mad:

I may spend a gem or two to speed up the vinyard, because I really want to fully upgrade the building, but I won't be buying corks or barrels to finish those ridiculously short timed upgrade goals. They aren't necessary to complete the goal, because I already have the final quest (11. Time to Celebrate) in my goal book. MAYBE if the reward was more than one cork or barrel. I'm now convinced it's designed to cause panic spending. It's a shame because I've really been enjoying this update.

mreames
06-10-15, 11:40 AM
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! Did you finish street smarts by any chance? A mothers concern is still showing as a new quest in my book without a timer on my 2nd acct.

Apparently you can't. :(
I just logged on to my game again and the counter has started. :mad:

I may spend a gem or two to speed up the vinyard, because I really want to fully upgrade the building, but I won't be buying corks or barrels to finish those ridiculously short timed upgrade goals. They aren't necessary to complete the goal, because I already have the final quest (11. Time to Celebrate) in my goal book. MAYBE if the reward was more than one cork or barrel. I'm now convinced it's designed to cause panic spending. It's a shame because I've really been enjoying this update.

PrincessCupOButter
06-10-15, 11:41 AM
Now I'm afraid to complete "Preparing to Serve Royalty" as I don't want to trigger opening the dialogue and the timer for "A Mother's Concern". Does anyone know for sure?

My advice is to hold off on completing it until you've collected enough corks and barrels to do several upgrades at once. Had I known, I would have held off crafting the beams and blocks, because I'm constantly tending cows and pigs for trades for much needed expansion permits.

mreames
06-10-15, 11:43 AM

I would have said don't click on the dialog, for sure, until I saw PrincessCupOButter's post below. :( mine still hasn't started the timer.

PrincessCupOButter
06-10-15, 11:45 AM
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! Did you finish street smarts by any chance? A mothers concern is still showing as a new quest in my book without a timer on my 2nd acct.

Unfortunately no. :(
I still have Street Smarts. And I definitely didn't open A Mother's Concern goal, so I also missed out on the dialog.

mreames
06-10-15, 11:45 AM
My advice is to hold off on completing it until you've collected enough corks and barrels to do several upgrades at once. Had I known, I would have held off crafting the beams and blocks, because I'm constantly tending cows and pigs for trades for much needed expansion permits.

How long was it between it showing up in your book and the timer starting?

mreames
06-10-15, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately no. :(
I still have Street Smarts. And I definitely didn't open A Mother's Concern goal, so I also missed out on the dialog.

If it's already showing 7 days, I guess you can open it and see if the dialog happens.

nikkimommy2014
06-10-15, 11:51 AM
4th individual prize pics

suxanadu
06-10-15, 11:53 AM
I'm not getting any barrels. I have 0 and 10 corks. Is anyone else having this issue?

PrincessCupOButter
06-10-15, 11:58 AM
How long was it between it showing up in your book and the timer starting?

I didn't pay strict attention to the time, but I'd say I got it last night around 7 pm. I just discovered that the timer had started a few minutes ago (maybe 1:30 pm) It must have started recently, because it still said 'New' this morning, and the counter still says 7 days. At the moment, street smarts still says 5 days, but it's really 4 and a few hours at this point.
I tried to add a photo, but I can't figure out how. :confused:

Edit:: I opened it, and nope. The dialog didn't pop up. I think I figured out what triggered it, I collected a Roaming Bandit adventure from my barracks. A Mothers Concern requires two of that adventure, and collecting that one counted...and, I'm guessing, started the counter. Bummer.

mreames
06-10-15, 12:11 PM
I bet you are exactly right!! Then collecting 3 times from farmhouses is why street smarts starts on its own, too. I presume you only need 1 adventure now, not 2.

I didn't pay strict attention to the time, but I'd say I got it last night around 7 pm. I just discovered that the timer had started a few minutes ago (maybe 1:30 pm) It must have started recently, because it still said 'New' this morning, and the counter still says 7 days. At the moment, street smarts still says 5 days, but it's really 4 and a few hours at this point.

Edit:: I opened it, and nope. The dialog didn't pop up. I think I figured out what triggered it, I collected a Roaming Bandit adventure from my barracks. A Mothers Concern requires two of that adventure, and collecting that one counted...and, I'm guessing, started the counter. Bummer.

mreames
06-10-15, 12:18 PM
I guess at least you almost gained an additional day compared to my 1st account. That could make all the difference if you got several vineyard collections in between.

PrincessCupOButter
06-10-15, 12:20 PM
I bet you are exactly right!! Then collecting 3 times from farmhouses is why street smarts starts on its own, too. I presume you only need 1 adventure now, not 2.

Yep! And only 102 barrels and 102 corks in the next 7 days in order to beat the clock. (I really hate failing at a quest,
but I might this time. Lol) I just had to remind myself I actually have 19 days to find those barrels and corks.

mreames
06-10-15, 12:32 PM

It now appears by A. Not completing "Preparing to Serve Royalty" (safest)
Or If it already appears in your book... B. By not tapping on the dialog and not collecting any bandits adventures.

possibilitys
06-10-15, 12:38 PM

I did finish Street Smarts.

mreames
06-10-15, 12:44 PM
If your vineyard is level 5, then 70 corks and barrel in 7 days, not 102. ;) hopefully you already had some of those before triggering the timer. So all we have to do is collect xx hours worth every 24 hours. ;) Lmao

I forgot to factor in 3 drops at level 8. I'll have to refigure. Lol

Yep! And only 102 barrels and 102 corks in the next 7 days in order to beat the clock. (I really hate failing at a quest,
but I might this time. Lol) I just had to remind myself I actually have 19 days to find those barrels and corks.

mreames
06-10-15, 12:46 PM
I did finish Street Smarts.

Congrats! I don't know if that affects A Mother's Concern or not.

chewingthecud
06-10-15, 12:53 PM
I am up to Preparing for Royalty and I need to craft royal blocks and beams. I am maxed out so can't craft anymore. What should I do? What should I craft with them? I saw I can craft the statue but that only requires blocks. Please help - anyone? I need that barrel reward!;)

burritosprings
06-10-15, 12:53 PM
I am up to Preparing for Royalty and I need to craft royal blocks and beams. I am maxed out so can't craft anymore. What should I do? What should I craft with them? I saw I can craft the statue but that only requires blocks. Please help - anyone? I need that barrel reward!;)

make some Ornate blocks and beams

Castloninian
06-10-15, 01:07 PM

I upgraded an observatory to get rid of some blocks and beams. I was also full of ornate stuff so that was my only way.

emdashed
06-10-15, 01:25 PM

I had the same problem, and am also maxed out on ornate beams/blocks. So I built a new conservatory and upgraded it.

chewingthecud
06-10-15, 01:26 PM
Thanks Guys! That really helped - THANK YOU! ;)

PrincessCupOButter
06-10-15, 01:34 PM
If your vineyard is level 5, then 70 corks and barrel in 7 days, not 102. ;) hopefully you already had some of those before triggering the timer. So all we have to do is collect xx hours worth every 24 hours. ;) Lmao

I forgot to factor in 3 drops at level 8. I'll have to refigure. Lol

Ahh! I had added the level 10 requirements too, and hadn't considered the ones I already had. Lol
I actually only need 60 corks and 62 barrels to get to level 9. Not nearly as discouraging!! Thanks. :)

katbtodd
06-10-15, 01:45 PM
Did you start the dialog for "A Mothers concern" manually or did it start on its own? I started it manually the other night and wished I hadn't. :(

All words started on there own

mreames
06-10-15, 01:47 PM
All words started on there own

I think we discovered that collecting a bandits adventure can also start the timer. Had you collected one of those?

mreames
06-10-15, 01:51 PM
Ahh! I had added the level 10 requirements too, and hadn't considered the ones I already had. Lol
I actually only need 60 corks and 62 barrels to get to level 9. Not nearly as discouraging!! Thanks. :)

That extra day helped you make it possible at least. ;) it won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination but possible. On the other hand, I think it is impossible for my 1st account to make it without spending gems.. Which I won't. Lol

madeinseattle
06-10-15, 02:11 PM
Thank you mreames for the information about Not collecting from my bandit adventure.
I was this close to collecting when I read your comments here. I sure don't need to trigger
something I'm not ready for :)

Rockylandia
06-10-15, 02:14 PM
I have to wonder about this Lady Pfefferknot. We appear to be making thousands of barrels of wine. How much can one old lady drink, anyway?

burritosprings
06-10-15, 02:17 PM
I have to wonder about this Lady Pfefferknot. We appear to be making thousands of barrels of wine. How much can one old lady drink, anyway?

You would be amazed at the consumption rate of Royals.. I hear QE2 can drink a 12 pack of bud and a box of Wine without a single burp..

mehershey
06-10-15, 02:22 PM
I've been trying to follow all these timing threads and I'll admit, I'm confused. Currently holding at level four because I'm afraid to move forward - is there a number of corks and barrels I should have before upgrading to level five and starting the first timer? I also sent out an adventure this morning - when should I collect it? (Ie, wait until asked or earlier?)

burritosprings
06-10-15, 02:23 PM
Just collect from Vineyards and upgrade as needed... I think you guys are making more of this then needed

SpiritWind00
06-10-15, 02:42 PM
Post 2 updated with info on extra timed goals.

I think we need to remember that all of the mini timed goals are additional steps to get a small reward. Don't put too much pressure on yourselves to do these extra steps. the estate can still be upgraded during the course of the Event and will still drop corks and barrels Until you reach Level 10.

madeinseattle
06-10-15, 02:43 PM

I know..I'm thinking the same thing...I am hoping that when the event is over we can collect wine for some new beverage in the kitchens.. But I highly doubt it...but it would be nice :)

Ash1780
06-10-15, 02:55 PM
Just collect from Vineyards and upgrade as needed... I think you guys are making more of this then needed

AMEN;)

It's all about the farmhouses for me - that is if you're sick and/or have no life and can collect every 10 minutes

I might just be imagining it but when I wait the 3 hours on the vineyard I get the stuff I need (right now that's barrels) BUT when I use gems to speed up the vineyard progress it starts raining corks again (currently 3 barrels away from Lev 7) and got the second prize which is WAY better than that wine bottle wall

And what's the deal with "making" royal beams & blocks?!? I just did that yesterday so I'd have everything ready when I needed it - although honestly I had 90% of it in my inventory already:cool:

Anyway, just checking out how everyone's doing
Sorry for rambling I have a bad headache & the medicine makes me a little loopy:o:D

Luck and Grapes to y'all
Ash

Ash1780
06-10-15, 03:17 PM
Anyone else wish they'd give us (and by give I mean force us to buy) decorative vines/grapes??? I feel like my vineyard is naked:eek:;)
AND those fences don't count b/c they don't fit together right - just (another random) thought:)

*mwah*
Ash

DrP4ever
06-10-15, 03:23 PM

Alrighty, I will be there but the problem is which midnight? Mine or yours :-) Still need those barrels, have over 10 corks and 3 barrels.

PrincessCupOButter
06-10-15, 03:24 PM

You are correct. It's really not that big a deal. However, I was (and am) annoyed at being rushed to complete the upgrades in only 7 days when there are 19 days left. (assuming I want to complete the goals within the goals, even if it is for one measly cork or barrel.)

If discussing it here can help someone else avoid triggering everything all at once, and thus maybe helping them actually have a shot at those measly rewards, then I feel I've paid back a tiny bit of the help I've gotten from reading these forums.

I love the humor and imagination and discussions I read here, but ultimately, I come here for help planning a strategy to complete quests.

Meanwhile, I'm 35 grapes shy of the 4th individual prize, and I expect I'll finish the all individual prizes in the next few days. It would be nice to still have something to do for the rest of the quest. (Besides collecting from farmhouses that is.)

burritosprings
06-10-15, 03:26 PM
AMEN;)

It's all about the farmhouses for me - that is if you're sick and/or have no life and can collect every 10 minutes

I might just be imagining it but when I wait the 3 hours on the vineyard I get the stuff I need (right now that's barrels) BUT when I use gems to speed up the vineyard progress it starts raining corks again (currently 3 barrels away from Lev 7) and got the second prize which is WAY better than that wine bottle wall

And what's the deal with "making" royal beams & blocks?!? I just did that yesterday so I'd have everything ready when I needed it - although honestly I had 90% of it in my inventory already:cool:

Anyway, just checking out how everyone's doing
Sorry for rambling I have a bad headache & the medicine makes me a little loopy:o:D

Luck and Grapes to y'all
Ash

Mine are on a two 1/2 hour timer.. I use up that 1 gem.. My wife asks me why my Phone timer goes off every 2.5 hours.. I tell her its my Fart alert and I go a distance to dispel the mystery gas as I tap on my Vineyard.. the wife thinks I need to see the doctor.

meme1098
06-10-15, 03:35 PM
Mine are on a two 1/2 hour timer.. I use up that 1 gem.. My wife asks me why my Phone timer goes off every 2.5 hours.. I tell her its my Fart alert and I go a distance to dispel the mystery gas as I tap on my Vineyard.. the wife thinks I need to see the doctor.

Hahaha...thanks for the laugh. :D

DeeDeeBird70
06-10-15, 04:04 PM
Just got to "Preparing to Serve Royalty"

Slowly collected from each of my pigs. ALL of them counted toward the goal.

Sir Piggy, Turkey Pig, Valentine Pig, Royal Pig, (2) Albino Pigs, (2) Black Pigs, AND (2) "regular" Pigs.

mreames
06-10-15, 04:39 PM
Great, they fixed it then! :) I tested it on my 2nd account the other day and the regular pig definitely didn't work as reported by someone else earlier. It sure didn't make sense for it to not work. Lol

Just got to "Preparing to Serve Royalty"

Slowly collected from each of my pigs. ALL of them counted toward the goal.

Sir Piggy, Turkey Pig, Valentine Pig, Royal Pig, (2) Albino Pigs, (2) Black Pigs, AND (2) "regular" Pigs.

mreames
06-10-15, 04:41 PM
You're welcome, sweetie ;) as has been noted, it wouldn't have been the end of the world but I know we like to do all of the goals we can since we have no others. ;)

Thank you mreames for the information about Not collecting from my bandit adventure.
I was this close to collecting when I read your comments here. I sure don't need to trigger
something I'm not ready for :)

mreames
06-10-15, 04:42 PM
;) consider it information for all those that like to complete every goal no matter how meaningless. Lol

Post 2 updated with info on extra timed goals.

I think we need to remember that all of the mini timed goals are additional steps to get a small reward. Don't put too much pressure on yourselves to do these extra steps. the estate can still be upgraded during the course of the Event and will still drop corks and barrels Until you reach Level 10.

Anaboe
06-10-15, 04:44 PM
Thinking it's a bit weird to have these 3 goals simultaniously:

The first gives me 5 days to upgrade to lvl 7, the second 7 days to upgrade tot lvl 9, and the last 19 days to upgrade to lvl 10. Since I'm lvl 5 at this moment, with 7 corcks and barrels, this means it is definately impossible to make it.

I need 3 barrels and 3 corks to upgrade to lvl 6, and 15 to lvl 7, that's a total of 36 corks and barrels. 2 drops per collection, that's 18 collections. In 5 days (let's hope it's 5, it could be 4 and 1 hour...), that's 3,6 collections per day. Ok, sounds doable.

But...

For the second part of this quest, I then have 2 days left to upgrade to lvl 9. For lvl 8 I need 30 corks and barrels, which drop at 2 pieces per collection, that's 15 collections. For lvl 9 I need 60 corks and barrels, which drop at 3 pieces per collections, that's 20 collections. Together, I should do 35 collections in 2 days... 35 collections, times 3 hours = 105 hour. Since there's only 24 hours in a day, it is impossible to collect enough items.

Even if I manage to collect 24/7 for the next 7 days (which I can't, I do need some sleep, atleast 6 hours a night), it is impossible.

SpiritWind, will you PLEASE let Stom8 know this truly impossible: there are just not enough hours in a day to collect enough items, even if the drop is perfect and I collect 8 times a day. Storm8 should have made the upgrading part of the main-story, not a side-goal. This would have prevented me from having 3 limited upgrade-goals at the same time... I've NEVER missed out on a (side)goal, and I feel realy sick that I'm going to miss out on this one, because of a designer-error...

Yes, perhaps I will be able to get to lvl 10 in 19 days, but there is NO WAY I can get to lvl 9 in just 7 days, not when I'm just lvl 5 now...

To all players:
It is IMPORTANT not to rush through the main-story-line too soon! Preparing to serve Royalty before you've reached atleast lvl 8!

mreames
06-10-15, 04:47 PM
You can probably make the first and last. ;)

Thinking ot's a bit weird to have these 3 goals simultaniously:

The first gives me 5 days to upgrade to lvl 7, the second 7 days to upgrade tot lvl 9, and the last 19 days to upgrade to lvl 10. Since I'm lvl 4 at this moment, with 7 corcks and barrels, I doubt I will make it...

dabutler
06-10-15, 05:05 PM
So where do the seeds come from for the daily grape challenge??????

Anaboe
06-10-15, 05:15 PM
Seeds drop, amonst others, from conservatories.

GrandmaDonnaLynn
06-10-15, 05:16 PM
woohoo! Finally collected another barrel! I'm at level 3, with 19 corks & now 4 barrels! only need one more barrel to finally upgrade to lvl 4

Berry_Land22
06-10-15, 05:33 PM
#8 Preparing to serve royalty - The pink pig (the one called pig) does count towards your tally, I've just completed it so TL must have fixed the issue.

GreyHills
06-10-15, 05:59 PM
Hmmm.... for step 8, if I already have a full inventory of royal blocks and beams I can't craft two new ones... so, do I need to build something that uses those first? I guess so?.... odd for an item that we often have full inventories for.....

meme1098
06-10-15, 06:00 PM
Thinking it's a bit weird to have these 3 goals simultaniously:

The first gives me 5 days to upgrade to lvl 7, the second 7 days to upgrade tot lvl 9, and the last 19 days to upgrade to lvl 10. Since I'm lvl 5 at this moment, with 7 corcks and barrels, this means it is definately impossible to make it.

I need 3 barrels and 3 corks to upgrade to lvl 6, and 15 to lvl 7, that's a total of 36 corks and barrels. 2 drops per collection, that's 18 collections. In 5 days (let's hope it's 5, it could be 4 and 1 hour...), that's 3,6 collections per day. Ok, sounds doable.

But...

For the second part of this quest, I then have 2 days left to upgrade to lvl 9. For lvl 8 I need 30 corks and barrels, which drop at 2 pieces per collection, that's 15 collections. For lvl 9 I need 60 corks and barrels, which drop at 3 pieces per collections, that's 20 collections. Together, I should do 35 collections in 2 days... 35 collections, times 3 hours = 105 hour. Since there's only 24 hours in a day, it is impossible to collect enough items.

Even if I manage to collect 24/7 for the next 7 days (which I can't, I do need some sleep, atleast 6 hours a night), it is impossible.

SpiritWind, will you PLEASE let Stom8 know this truly impossible: there are just not enough hours in a day to collect enough items, even if the drop is perfect and I collect 8 times a day. Storm8 should have made the upgrading part of the main-story, not a side-goal. This would have prevented me from having 3 limited upgrade-goals at the same time... I've NEVER missed out on a (side)goal, and I feel realy sick that I'm going to miss out on this one, because of a designer-error...

Yes, perhaps I will be able to get to lvl 10 in 19 days, but there is NO WAY I can get to lvl 9 in just 7 days, not when I'm just lvl 5 now...

To all players:
It is IMPORTANT not to rush through the main-story-line too soon! Preparing to serve Royalty before you've reached atleast lvl 8!

Upgrading to level 10 is kinda over**** in my opinion. Other buildings upgrade to level 5 and that's it but, of course, that wouldn't work with a 25 day event so let's make it 10 levels.
(Sarcasm there). S8's counting on players to use gems to finish, quite obvious.

Hmmm.... for step 8, if I already have a full inventory of royal blocks and beams I can't craft two new ones... so, do I need to build something that uses those first? I guess so?.... odd for an item that we often have full inventories for.....

I crafted a unicorn state to use Royal blocks but can't find anything that uses Royal beams. Everything I have is upgraded.

Anaboe
06-10-15, 06:21 PM
I crafted a unicorn state to use Royal blocks but can't find anything that uses Royal beams. Everything I have is upgraded.
Perhaps you can sell something that uses Royal Beams? I know, it's weird, but if that's what it takes...

Or build (and upgrade) an extra Tavern...

totalwasteoftime
06-10-15, 06:47 PM

Love this!
Anyone else notice that whether or not the barrels and corks are statistically 50/50, S8 doesn't view them equal: it's 15 gems to skip a cork and 25 gems to skip a barrel.

Jennerwein1
06-10-15, 06:58 PM
Maybe just lay off the bean burritos? ( I know ... lame, but couldn't help it) :) ;)

CharmOfLea
06-10-15, 07:04 PM
Hmmmm, has anyone figured out how a cat and a dog are connected to grapes and wine, and vineyards?

crystiesc
06-10-15, 07:08 PM
Or craft ornate beams and blocks? Unless those are maxed as well.

clarity625
06-10-15, 07:36 PM
I have 688 grapes and level 3 Vineyard estate. I am slowly replacing my village with farmhouses - I have 20 of them currently. I am way behind but I am picking up the pace.
I decided not to bother with strawberries that much- not enough payoff. Just farmhouses and materials for bandit adventures. Also visiting old Thomas and Ivy for My Fair Ivy quest.

I don't know if anyone is interested in how it's going for me, but it helps me to write it out.
1464 now 2.16 days later.

1464 - 688 = 776 more grapes
in 2.16 days about 360 grapes per day

To get cat barrel bed at 2500 (2500 - 1464 = 1036, 1036 / 360 = 2.87) I need 2.87 days
To get Chartroux kitten at 4000 (4000 - 2500 = 1500, 1500/360 = 4.16) need 4.16 additional days.

So I should be done in about a week.

Tiggerddh
06-10-15, 07:42 PM
Hmmmm, has anyone figured out how a cat and a dog are connected to grapes and wine, and vineyards?

Not sure about the cat but my husband and I were greeted by a very loud big dog at a winery in West Virginia.

cloudsail
06-10-15, 08:02 PM
The deluge of barrels continues, even after upgrade to level 4. Only difference is now I get two barrels each collection instead of one :P

roguebee
06-10-15, 08:10 PM

You haven't seen the books and calendars about winery dogs? They were rage a couple of years ago in Napa. As for cats, they are to keep the rodent population down.

SpiritWind00
06-10-15, 08:20 PM
Post 2 updated with this extra info on how to get rid of your excess Royal Blocks and Beams...

note 2: If you are maxed on blocks and beams, try these options:
Royal Block uses: item in unicorn statue, ornate block, upgrading Lantern Spire to level 5, Watchtower to level 5, Library to level 5, Conservatory to level 4 and 5, Observatory to level 2 and 3, Royal Manor to level 8 and 9, Amphitheater to level 2, Knight's Hall to level 2, Tavern to level 4 and 5, Marketplace to level 5, Windmill to level 2 and 3, Sawmill to level 5, Hatchery to level 5, Stables to level 4 and Wizard School to levels 3 and 4.
Royal Beam uses: Ornate Beam, upgrading Lantern Spire to level 5, Watchtower to level 5, Library to level 5, Conservatory to level 4 and 5, Observatory to level 2 and 3, Royal Manor to level 8 and 9, Amphitheater to level 2, Knight's Hall to level 2, Tavern to level 4 and 5, Marketplace to level 5, Windmill to level 2 and 3, Sawmill to level 5, Hatchery to level 5, Stables to level 4 and 5

GrandmaDonnaLynn
06-10-15, 08:24 PM
drats! Collected another cork, so have 20 corks, 4 barrels so still can't upgrade to lvl 4. I have 2016 grapes.

Lunaticus
06-10-15, 08:35 PM
Raining barrels! Got 2 pair of barrels the last 3 drops. At 2k mark on the grapes.

riverly
06-10-15, 09:05 PM
You might want to change your strategy for collecting grapes. The daily trade uses up a LOT of resources. That results in spending more time and energy replenishing those resources. Earlier posts offer better ways to collect.

Ash1780
06-10-15, 09:06 PM
OMGOSH I needed that laugh so badly (I'm having a rough day) so thank you kindly for making me feel better:D

riverly
06-10-15, 09:14 PM
I messed up. Please ignore previous post.

tanna72670
06-10-15, 09:39 PM
Can some tell me how to get the gift. I don't have the way to make that bottle stuff. Please someone

SHINeeFan23
06-10-15, 10:03 PM
Stupid question but can someone explain the whole "don't upgrade the vineyard to lvl 5". Why do we need a surplus of I'm guessing corks & barrels? I just need 1 barrel & I can collect in 10 minutes. I just want to know before I upgrade mine or before my sister does too.

tan5314
06-10-15, 10:21 PM
SHINeeFan23, upgrading to lvl 5 launches Street Smarts goal which has a 5 days limit. It's doable in 5 days only if you have enough time to visit your vineyard regularly and are lucky to get equal numbers of corks and barrels.
The advice to wait is for those who like doing all the goals and aren't sure if they can collect regularly. Like me. Having some corks and barrels before the timer starts will let me both finish the goal in time and have a good weekend. ))

SHINeeFan23
06-10-15, 10:38 PM
SHINeeFan23, upgrading to lvl 5 launches Street Smarts goal which has a 5 days limit. It's doable in 5 days only if you have enough time to visit your vineyard regularly and are lucky to get equal numbers of corks and barrels.
The advice to wait is for those who like doing all the goals and aren't sure if they can collect regularly. Like me. Having some corks and barrels before the timer starts will let me both finish the goal in time and have a good weekend. ))

Thank you for letting me know. I have a hard time too so I might just collect what I need first before upgrading.

anurulz
06-10-15, 10:40 PM
My corks are now in excess and barrels are lacking..I shud really not talk about either, maybe that way the ratio will equalize...I have 15 corks and 10 barrels while am at level 4... Holding off to gather more before initiating the street smarts quest...grape count is now 2136...

nuttyangel_69
06-10-15, 10:51 PM
Ok it has been 6 days since the start of this quest/goal. I built the vineyard estate straight away as I had all the items. Since then I have collected as soon as I'm able to get the items to upgrade it but I am still stuck on level one due to the fact that I have had no barrels drop at all, not even ONE!
I have cork galore but not one single barrel!! I see people on here who are having a similar problem but at least they have managed to level up a couple of times to get further on in the quest but after SIX days and my estate is still at level 1??!!! Surely there is something wrong there?!

TheSweetStudio
06-11-15, 12:04 AM
My level 5 vineyard is beautiful:

This happened at level 3, too, except it was a copy of a royal wall. I've forced shut both games and my phone, and it's still happening. I tried putting the vineyard into storage, and moving it around, but still.

When I slide the screen around, it turns into other things:

This one made me laugh:

But seriously, it's getting annoying. Has this happened to anyone else? Why can't I see my vineyard?!?!?!

mreames
06-11-15, 12:20 AM
Can some tell me how to get the gift. I don't have the way to make that bottle stuff. Please someone

I think it was just a matter of pushing the button "give" or whatever button it has.