PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update: June 3rd 2015

jandtandn
06-02-15, 06:04 AM
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/image.jpg1_zpsxcnynhn6.jpg

We got a box last week. Hoping for a good update tomorrow! While we wait for tonight's preview, did anyone try last week's box? If so, what did you get?

LalaSmooth
06-02-15, 09:12 AM
I'm hoping for a new set of goals or some summer decorations

Bakerling
06-02-15, 09:22 AM
I am waiting for the new goal to come. So excited as it is another new month.

I bought Bavarian Oven using 5 gems. No parts need to build Bavarian Oven.
Recipes in the Bavarin Oven are Pretzels (1hour), Cream Horns (3hours), Apple Pancake (5hours)

Pretzels (1hour) cost 1'640 coins, x625 serve, +20XP, +2'500 coins, +4 points.
Cream Horns (3hours) cost 2'200 coins, x900 serve, +53XP, +3'600 coins, +4 points.
Apple Pancake (5hours) cost 3'600 coins, x1'550 serve, +51XP, +6'200 coins, +4 points.

Enjoy. Happy Baking.

rocketsmama
06-02-15, 09:24 AM

I'm with you there.....

deekathleen
06-02-15, 09:45 AM
Flowers.

jandtandn
06-02-15, 09:49 AM
I think there's still over a week left on the previous goals, though I know that they've released new goals anyway in the past. I would love to see some flowers!

LadyEna
06-02-15, 10:24 AM
Thinking it will be another theme gem table, chair, deco thing this week on BS & RS.
New goals next week.

christaduff
06-02-15, 12:57 PM
Please summer stuff please oh please! Hopefully it will not be something totally weird like catching bugs theme.... Eww bugs

twospoons
06-02-15, 01:52 PM
aww. . . poor maligned insects.

i want something unexpected that will inspire me to redesign!

jandtandn
06-02-15, 02:34 PM
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/ChocklitShoppe/image.jpg1_zpsxcnynhn6.jpg

twospoons
06-02-15, 02:44 PM
always glad for a new kitchen! i kind of like the dancing couple and the fraulein. not too into the castle, although there are some really good myth/fairytale bakeries that it might complement.

LalaSmooth
06-02-15, 02:46 PM
Omg is that goal items???

mergirl96
06-02-15, 02:50 PM
I like it! Everything is so cute, and reminds me of some of the fairytale items.

chocolat_89
06-02-15, 03:04 PM
Ooh I like this update! Even the ovens and counters are cute!

add_me2358
06-02-15, 03:08 PM
Deutchland... eh.

DragonWished
06-02-15, 03:09 PM
What a great update! Hope these are goal items!

sbratprincess
06-02-15, 03:18 PM
I love it! I hope this is for goals

Natasha_07
06-02-15, 03:29 PM
Can I say awesome!

Really hope this is a goals update.

geordieprogman
06-02-15, 03:36 PM
It certainly looks like goals. Very nice too, so looking forward to this one.

twospoons
06-02-15, 03:48 PM
have to disagree on the goals theory…there's just too many large displays for me to think it's goal decor.

edited to add: no new walls or tiles either, which would be unusual for goals.

jandtandn
06-02-15, 04:41 PM
have to disagree on the goals theory…there's just too many large displays for me to think it's goal decor.

I see a new oven on the left. We did just get a new oven without goals, too, though.

deekathleen
06-02-15, 04:46 PM
Eh not crazy about it. Which is good since I have no money.

awesomejujubeans
06-02-15, 05:09 PM
I love all things German, so I love this update. Will be great to use the decor for Oktoberfest too. :)

GGGStar
06-02-15, 05:39 PM
I love the clock on the wall, it's so cute! Actually, I love this whole update and it seems like there's 3 new recipes - we've really been spoilt for new ovens this month!! I can't wait for this one :-D

Dimonhunter
06-02-15, 06:00 PM
I hope we have new goals tomorrow, which result in receiving a new oven or machine and also several other machines we can purchase that are not used up by completing the goals. Thanks. Yeah! Happy, Joy, Joy!

bjm28525
06-02-15, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know the name of the update to download without that I won't get the update automatically. I use to with the iPhone but not with android.

Natasha_07
06-02-15, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know the name of the update to download without that I won't get the update automatically. I use to with the iPhone but not with android.

The update comes tomorrow.

twospoons
06-02-15, 07:12 PM
and you'll get it, no matter what android version you're on, unless tomorrow's update is itself a new version.

christaduff
06-02-15, 08:14 PM
aww. . . poor maligned insects.

i want something unexpected that will inspire me to redesign!

Looks like you got your wish!

lenasdinner
06-02-15, 10:00 PM
I love it! looks really cute for reall bakery!hope it's goal and not box, or something like las week!! I hate box!

rene2222
06-02-15, 10:22 PM
i believe this is another box item

butterquest
06-02-15, 10:30 PM
Great update! Really like all the decors. I hope this is for goals.

LalaSmooth
06-03-15, 12:22 AM
i believe this is another box item

Nope we had a box last week and they wouldn't put out another this week. It looks like goal items as there is definitely 3 recipes and an appliance or maybe just a plain regular update but who knows

Abraxan
06-03-15, 01:51 AM
I'll be so happy if this is goals but I think it's just a regular update. As somebody mentioned before there seems to be too many large displays to be a goal? Hopefully I'm proved wrong though!

LalaSmooth
06-03-15, 02:42 AM
I'll be so happy if this is goals but I think it's just a regular update. As somebody mentioned before there seems to be too many large displays to be a goal? Hopefully I'm proved wrong though!
I think that thing on top left is just one item

minidemon88
06-03-15, 04:06 AM
Lovely updates and yay for new recipes! :o

Abraxan
06-03-15, 05:03 AM
I think that thing on top left is just one item

So we've got the cooking display in the top left, and the castle and the dancers right? I'm hoping that they're all goal display items!

myferngardens
06-03-15, 05:27 AM
Looks like a bundle to me. One of those bigger displays won't be available to android players if that's the case. Personally don't love it...too green. I like that except for the dog most of it would conceivably be in a bakery, but overall too green. My eyes read St. Patrick's Day.

alicee11
06-03-15, 06:18 AM
Oh ****. So bad update

alicee11
06-03-15, 06:48 AM
Deutchland... eh.

Thought the same :D

ojapple96
06-03-15, 06:49 AM
Looks like a bundle to me. One of those bigger displays won't be available to android players if that's the case. Personally don't love it...too green.

I think it will be a bundle too. It will be interesting to see what we can/can't buy on it's own.

Saigek
06-03-15, 07:00 AM
It would be cool if we got BEER recipe on the drink machine! Little bots drinking a steinful of frothy brew.... but maybe not appropriate for a family game..oh well :-(

LadyEna
06-03-15, 08:57 AM
It would be cool if we got BEER recipe on the drink machine! Little bots drinking a steinful of frothy brew.... but maybe not appropriate for a family game..oh well :-(

Could make a summer frothy smoothie to go in that stein!
Now I want an Orange Julius

sls0991
06-03-15, 09:59 AM
I'm German so of course I'm biased to this update, but everything looks so fairytale/folk like anyway so it will fit perfectly in my bakery regardless! I can't wait to have that castle!! AHHHHH! Come to my forest beautiful objects!

irlanda_c
06-03-15, 10:32 AM
It is too hard to specify in the description: This is a goal/bundle/regular update?!

LalaSmooth
06-03-15, 10:41 AM
The stove will be for gems like it is for RS!!

strictly_STRANGE
06-03-15, 10:58 AM
has anyone commented about how two of these recipes just look like recycled RS recipes? (giant pretzel & s****et cake)

nothing special, really.

orleansparish
06-03-15, 10:59 AM
The stove will be for gems like it is for RS!!

Bakery players are hard core gangstas! I remember the walls and walls full of anger when prices doubled. Their will be virtual riots if they charge gems.

BUT I bet I could find five players with no less than 10 appliances if they did. Don't really visit RS like that, nor do I have those huge gem spending neighbors like I do in bakery. But I'm sure they are there.

I don't think they will do that here. I'll eat that horrible looking crow pie from a few weeks ago if they do.

ojapple96
06-03-15, 11:07 AM
Bakery players are hard core gangstas! I remember the walls and walls full of anger when prices
doubled. Their will be virtual riots if they charge gems.

BUT I bet I could find five players with no less than 10 appliances if they did. Don't really visit RS like that, nor do I have those huge gem spending neighbors like I do in bakery. But I'm sure they are there.

I don't think they will do that here. I'll eat that horrible looking crow pie from a few weeks ago if they do.

Oh dear looks like crow pie for dinner! Bavarian stove 5 gems only 4 decorations and table for coins rest for gems eek!!

Tea party LTO for 55 gems and baseball stuff "for those who already unlocked them" for LTO sale too.

Bummer looks like we have a new normal.

Natasha_07
06-03-15, 11:08 AM
New appliance 5 gems.

orleansparish
Oh my word the TEA PARTY is for sale! Woohoo!!!

I've been wanting that since forever. And it's a reasonable price too. 55 gems. I just need a sale to buy two of them.

Why can't they do stuff like this on fashion?

LalaSmooth
New appliance 5 gems.
Seriously???? Ugh so passing

therainbowscafe
06-03-15, 11:09 AM
omg even here 5 gems x oven.... disappointing!!!

Natasha_07
B & R updates are gem heavy this week.

There's an LTO in B, some will be happy about that one. :D

davidyagi
Bavarian Oven for 5 Gems:

Didn't buy it yet...

Baseball Appliances for sale too:

--DAvid--

kjbrogren
06-03-15, 11:10 AM
Wow I was super excited to see the update until I saw the new Barvarian oven for 5 gems... Im going to pass on the oven, but the Tea part display for 55 gems is cute. Just a little to expensive for me!!!

orleansparish
New appliance 5 gems.

Are you kidding me?! What next? Gems to unlock clothes over on fashion? Let me shut up and not give them ideas.

And I guess I'll be visiting neighbors to tip. I need to do a tally to see who's paying for the stove. Darn it I can't be trusted. I'm a stickler for all things bakery. Don't do it.....!

And I'll have to drink some nasty green juice to wash that crow pie down. They're so mean!

rosewaterlily
The mad hatter tea party is LTO for 55 gems. It's smaller than I thought at 4x2. Will pass on this one, if only it were the royal sugar party...

claire1745
06-03-15, 11:11 AM
I'm not buying any appliances for gems.

strictly_STRANGE
06-03-15, 11:12 AM
is it just me or are update days not as exciting anymore? :confused:

ojapple96
06-03-15, 11:13 AM

They are. until the moment they arrive! LOL

kjbrogren
06-03-15, 11:14 AM
Did anyone else see the ball park goal items are back with 7 day timer. They should have done this in the first place, before just taking the content away without warning.

pieandcream
06-03-15, 11:14 AM
Wow I was super excited to see the update until I saw the new Barvarian oven for 5 gems... Im going to pass on the oven, but the Tea part display for 55 gems is cute. Just a little to expensive for me!!!

agreed. 35 gems would have just about been acceptable...but 55 is rather high for what it is.

bobbyrae
06-03-15, 11:15 AM
5 Gems? WTH?!

Please say this was done in error. What happens when you master a recipe? Do you get a million gems or something? Do you earn gems when the dishes are sold too? :confused:

aiyoosha
06-03-15, 11:15 AM
yay!!!!!!!!!! woooohhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo it is my lucky day i love you Team Lava storm 8 whoever u r i love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuu!!!!!!!!! i always wanted the tea party yay yaya ya

aiyoosha
06-03-15, 11:16 AM
i dunno why everyone thought its goals this week lol thats next week sillys

aiyoosha
06-03-15, 11:17 AM
im doing theeee biggest happy dance!!!! thank you again s8 tl

orleansparish
06-03-15, 11:18 AM
agreed. 35 gems would have just about been acceptable...but 55 is rather high for what it is.

This is a coveted item from when the game first started. So many have been asking for it for forever. So compared to other items, like the breakfast cart that was over 70 gems, 55 gems is a huge steal.

I just wish I'd been cooking on my other places to be able to afford it, this one may not come around again for a long time.

orleansparish
06-03-15, 11:19 AM
im doing theeee biggest happy dance!!!! thank you again s8 tl

Hahaha! You are me both. My 6 year old asked me why don't I scream a little louder. Just like a kid, I get excited when I see a display I've always wanted. This wil give me motivation to finish Decorating.

strictly_STRANGE
06-03-15, 11:19 AM

this made me chuckle a bit.

Natasha_07
06-03-15, 11:20 AM

They are exciting, it's the screwing up upon their release that makes some people mad like bundles, over pricing, exclusive to 1 platform & such.

Good things that go stale too soon... :)

aiyoosha
06-03-15, 11:21 AM
Hahaha! You are me both. My 6 year old asked me why don't I scream a little louder. Just like a kid, I get excited when I see a display I've always wanted. This wil give me motivation to finish Decorating.

loooool! this is theee greatest day ever!! the only thing that can rival this is them bringing back the aqaurius fountain! still doing theee biggest happy dance!

twospoons
06-03-15, 11:21 AM
thanks for letting me get the last couple baseball stoves i wanted!

no thanks at all for gem ovens. i so wish i hadn't bought gems yesterday, because this is such a jerk move.

deekathleen
06-03-15, 11:23 AM
Does anyone have a picture of what the tea party looks like, I can't see it with the 5 days left banner on it. Thanks :)

minidemon88
06-03-15, 11:27 AM
The mad hatter tea party is LTO for 55 gems. It's smaller than I thought at 4x2. Will pass on this one, if only it were the royal sugar party...

I agreed, it would be awesome if they release the royal sugar party. But don't think I'm passing out the chance to get the tea party. Such a rare chance! =x

Sb1957
06-03-15, 11:27 AM
Definitely I will not buy stoves for gems, I don't need the Tea thing, is too expensive. Don't want more baseball stuff at all. So........let's wait till next week.....AGAIN!!!

Dragosle
06-03-15, 11:32 AM
Can't say I'm surprise for the 5 gems/oven after seeing the update in RS a few minutes earlier.

It really sad how things turn out for these great games :(

CassieJo84
06-03-15, 11:35 AM
I cook in order to get gems. I'm not going to pay gems to cook. Ridiculous.

davidyagi
06-03-15, 11:35 AM
Hi deekathleen,

Here:

Natasha_07
06-03-15, 11:36 AM
5 Gems? WTH?!

Please say this was done in error. What happens when you master a recipe? Do you get a million gems or something? Do you earn gems when the dishes are sold too? :confused:

I'm telling you... They must be catering to the exclusive Allstars billionaire club.

StevenKevin
06-03-15, 11:46 AM
I dont cook to get gems but to cook my favorite dishes. And yessss i love cream horns. I really dont care if the oven is 5 gems thats really cheap anyway. Besides id love to know why players are so keen on getting gems, as it is absolutely impossible to display all you get. I have tens of items in storage i cant use just because of lack of room. I think if players who cant afford to buy gems just focused on their favorite items to get, they wouldnt need to covet gems that much.

KimWill
06-03-15, 11:51 AM
Since when do we have to pay gems for new ovens? I wouldn't mind pay gems for expired ovens, but new ones???

minidemon88
06-03-15, 11:54 AM
I would rather take days to build a new appliance than to pay 5 gems! :mad: Anyway, most of the items today are gems heavy. Oh well~

lauraleighashby
06-03-15, 12:00 PM
I dont cook to get gems but to cook my favorite dishes. And yessss i love cream horns. I really dont care if the oven is 5 gems thats really cheap anyway. Besides id love to know why players are so keen on getting gems, as it is absolutely impossible to display all you get. I have tens of items in storage i cant use just because of lack of room. I think if players who cant afford to buy gems just focused on their favorite items to get, they wouldnt need to covet gems that much.

Because not all players can buy gems...for whatever reason. But you seem to think everyone is as priveleged as you. And, like me, maybe some like to redecorate often with a certain theme and want several items, just not all out at once.

sls0991
06-03-15, 12:00 PM
The tea party ahhh somebody pinch meeeeee

LadyEna
06-03-15, 12:03 PM
1- Stove=5 gems

3-Recipes=6 gems

Profit 1 Gem

So if you buy more than 1 Stove you lose gems

Instead of the NORM of $$ for Appliances and getting 6 gems for Recipes
(If there is only 3 recipes that is)

aiyoosha
06-03-15, 12:05 PM
The tea party ahhh somebody pinch meeeeee

i kno right!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *screams around the room*

irlanda_c
06-03-15, 12:07 PM
Definitely I will not buy stoves for gems, I don't need the Tea thing, is too expensive. Don't want more baseball stuff at all. So........let's wait till next week.....AGAIN!!!

Same here!

lauraleighashby
06-03-15, 12:07 PM
I was pleased to see new appliances in the preview, but finding that they can only be bought with gems took all the wind out of those sails. Sorry TL, but your greed is taking all of the fun out of your games.
Am wondering if all these new versions are coming out because they are losing so many players that they hope to make that up by getting new players seeing the new downloads at the top of the list.

irlanda_c
06-03-15, 12:09 PM
Wow!!! You are right!! People beware with this, don't buy more than 1 oven. In fact I'm no buying anything, I'n not going to spend time tapping for just one gem.

1- Stove=5 gems

3-Recipes=6 gems

Profit 1 Gem

So if you buy more than 1 Stove you lose gems

Instead of the NORM of $$ for Appliances and getting 6 gems for Recipes
(If there is only 3 recipes that is)

rocketsmama
06-03-15, 12:13 PM
This is pitiful.....5 gems for an appliance....ridiculous. Gem heavy on everything else..horrible. Although I'm not surprised anymore.

add_me2358
06-03-15, 12:16 PM
Oh what a surprise... the oven costs gems. I understand it takes money to keep this game running but Jeeze... it's not even fun anymore.

irlanda_c
06-03-15, 12:28 PM
I wasn't sure about the pretzels baker, but at least is bakery related, fair price for the size....I got it. Please post a picture of the tea time, I don't get all the fuzz

ojapple96
06-03-15, 12:29 PM
I wasn't sure about the pretzels baker, but at least is bakery related, fair price for the size....I got it. Please post a picture of the tea time, I don't get all the fuzz

See page 8 for a pic of mad hatter tea party

ilaria2464
06-03-15, 12:30 PM
Loool this is the very first time I got my gems back! I accidentally bought the new oven without noticing it was GEMS but my laggy internet closed the game and when I went back in my 5 gems were back! For the second that I had it it seemed to be automatically built.

On another note THANK YOU to the people that were saying they would pay gems for ovens. I hope you're happy.

rocketsmama
06-03-15, 12:35 PM
Loool this is the very first time I got my gems back! I accidentally bought the new oven without noticing it was GEMS but my laggy internet closed the game and when I went back in my 5 gems were back! For the second that I had it it seemed to be automatically built.

On another note THANK YOU to the people that were saying they would pay gems for ovens. I hope you're happy.
I'm glad you were able to get your gems back :)

deekathleen
06-03-15, 12:37 PM
Hi deekathleen,

Here:

xxxe
06-03-15, 12:41 PM
People said they would pay gems for OLD ovens not a new one. The recipes to me, aren't even that cute. I'd probably pay if they were beautiful cakes or something like that. Actually I take that back lol. I've never been a fan of the idea of gem stoves because that's how people earn their gems without buying them. Take that away and this game is no longer a free to play game. They don't offer enough decor items for coins so it would be pretty useless if you couldn't earn gems and didn't have the money to spend 20 a week on a game. I mean 55 gems for the LTO, 5 gems per stove, 32 gems for the castle and 26 for the pretzel baker. That's around 20 dollars if you wanted to complete the theme. 20 dollars a week is too much for me. Plus I play 3 TL games. That's 60 dollars! Cmon TL. Either lower the cost to buy gems or knock it off.

twospoons
06-03-15, 12:57 PM

i had that happen once. never been so glad to have a bad connection!

mergirl96
06-03-15, 01:00 PM
I was excited for that new stove until I saw the price tag. Making appliances cost gems will never entice me to spend money on pixels. The kind of logic TL/ storm 8 has been using lately will drive more players away rather than bring in new ones. I've always wanted the mad hatter tea party, but 55 gems is pretty pricey for me. I'll probably buy it by the 4th day of the timer since it's likely that it won't come back again.

awesomejujubeans
06-03-15, 01:06 PM
In case anyone was wondering.

http://i.imgur.com/1HhSoKX.jpg

pipipooh1977
06-03-15, 01:11 PM
[] SERIOUSLY!!!! 5 gems for an appliance???? No way am I paying any gems to have an appliance. You only get 6 back from mastering all 3 recipes, who seriously will build just 1 oven???? What a load of garbage!!!!

taoyingying
06-03-15, 01:22 PM
Well, am I the only one who bought 3 of the new oven? Love the cream horn, and for every type of oven I have 3 (except the regular ones with many more recipes), so don't want to break the pattern. 15 gems are not that bad, considering I'm not going to get the tea party (too small), so 50+ gems saved here :p

BTW, the apple pancake doesn't look like pancake, it looks like cake? Or is it how Germany's take on pancakes?

myferngardens
06-03-15, 01:24 PM
It's not just you. This game is taking a wrong turn! GEMS for a new oven, crazy bad updates, pueblagate, removing the baseball stuff with no warning...ugh. I used to stalk for a preview on Tuesday and wait all morning for the awesome update on Wednesday. These weekly updates used to make me so happy. Now this game is ugly and stressful.

davidyagi
06-03-15, 01:26 PM

You're welcome... :)

sls0991
06-03-15, 01:28 PM
I've always wanted the mad hatter tea party, but 55 gems is pretty pricey for me. I'll probably buy it by the 4th day of the timer since it's likely that it won't come back again.

I could have been 70 gems like the haunted house, breakfast buffet, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm grateful it was re-released at all. Thanks S8! Bummed though about the oven costing gems. I won't use gems to buy ovens, but those recipes look tasty and I'd love to have them.

myferngardens
06-03-15, 01:29 PM

4x2 - eh. I will be passing on this LTO. Too pricey. 5 gems for new ovens on top of that high price...makes this update just plain greedy.

myferngardens
06-03-15, 01:35 PM
Since when do we have to pay gems for new ovens? I wouldn't mind pay gems for expired ovens, but new ones???

Exactly my thoughts. Not 30 gems for retired or goal ovens I didnt finish mind you - maybe 3 gems each.

deekathleen
06-03-15, 01:56 PM
Nothing at all I like this week for gems or coins, nothing I wanted to buy last weeks update (box) either. Well at least the birthday party(final prize) goal was awesome.

awesomejujubeans
06-03-15, 02:08 PM
Have you guys ever played a game where you got everything you wanted? Think of some console or PC games you can use ***** codes for. It's pretty fun for a little while, but soon you get bored since you have everything you want. When a game changes periodically, it is trying to keep you interested. 5 gems for an appliance is a fair price in my opinion. You don't need to buy ten since it isn't a timed goal. The developers have been giving us plenty of new recipes to make the 5 gems too. Also, don't make it seem like it's wrong that they want you to buy gems for higher priced items. They do this for a living, so yes they need to make a profit. It's a game, a treat, not something necessary like milk or gasoline. Sorry, but the constant complaining gets old. You guys have every right to do so, but maybe think a bit before you get so mad.

pipipooh1977
06-03-15, 02:18 PM
Have you guys ever played a game where you got everything you wanted? Think of some console or PC games you can use ***** codes for. It's pretty fun for a little while, but soon you get bored since you have everything you want. When a game changes periodically, it is trying to keep you interested. 5 gems for an appliance is a fair price in my opinion. You don't need to buy ten since it isn't a timed goal. The developers have been giving us plenty of new recipes to make the 5 gems too. Also, don't make it seem like it's wrong that they want you to buy gems for higher priced items. They do this for a living, so yes they need to make a profit. It's a game, a treat, not something necessary like milk or gasoline. Sorry, but the constant complaining gets old. You guys have every right to do so, but maybe think a bit before you get so mad.

I think that is so obsurd...5 gems is not a bad price?? Are you kidding me???? You won't get your gems back unless you buy only 1 appliance. If you wanna spend eternity cooking 3 recipes to mastered level be my guest...have fun with that. But most players buy numerous ovens so 5 gems for 1 oven is absolutely ridiculous!!! I think TL makes enough profit from players buying gem packages or other decor that charging gems for an appliance IS greedy! They take lavish vacations so they are making decent profit. They are hoping inexperienced players are suckered into wasting their gems on an appliance.

sls0991
06-03-15, 02:32 PM
awesomejujubeans, timed or not, it can easily disappear in the blink of an eye... many things have in S8 games.

mommaduex
06-03-15, 02:48 PM

Well said. I think many players are oblivious to the fact that team lava is a business just like any other. They have employees, from secretaries, to writers, to designers and programmers. Who all get pay checks to eat and live just like anyone else. If everything in this game was free or cheep ... the business would fail... the games would close and that would be the end of it.

I too think that 5 gems is reasonable for a special oven. 20 I can see being overpriced... but 5 is not bad. and yes there are many things I would like for this game, but I choose to live with out. It is not life or death .. but like you said... a treat. People can choose to buy expensive LTOs or choose not to. I don't even remember what the last LTO was,so its not like I am missing it all that much.

I agree the constant complaining is a bit tiresome. Everytime there is a update there is some complaint over it. And it really just sounds like spoiled children wining because they don't like something or didn't get exactly what they want. Im guessing some of these players have yet to live in the real world.

just my 2 cents.

twospoons
06-03-15, 02:56 PM
well, just to make this an endless mirror situation, how about i complain about your complaining about other people complaining?

and i'm well aware they have employees and overhead. and i contribute money to help them pay for such things, which makes me a paying customer, which means i have every right to complain about their choices. do you think they'd actually prefer me to not complain, and just stop paying them instead?

pipipooh1977
06-03-15, 03:01 PM
Mammadeux & awesomejujubeans....Wow...just wow!!!! You two need to be nbrs. You both are so ridiculous sounding...Btw this isn't a "special" appliance, it's just an appliance with 3 recipes. Give me a break...seriously!!!

sgoetzinger99
06-03-15, 03:09 PM
Mammadeux & awesomejujubeans....Wow...just wow!!!! You two need to be nbrs. You both are so ridiculous sounding...Btw this isn't a "special" appliance, it's just an appliance with 3 recipes. Give me a break...seriously!!!

Well, now there are 3 of us who should be neighbors, because I agree with them!

mergirl96
06-03-15, 03:35 PM
I could have been 70 gems like the haunted house, breakfast buffet, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm grateful it was re-released at all. Thanks S8! Bummed though about the oven costing gems. I won't use gems to buy ovens, but those recipes look tasty and I'd love to have them.
Yeah I know it could be more expensive, but it'll cost me most of my gems :( I was kinda hoping it would come back for like 25 or 30 gems but I should've known better. But yay at least it's back!

auroramom
06-03-15, 03:41 PM
I think we need a moderator to take this oven problem back to team lava/storm 8. The oven pricing needs to be changed to coins! I don't know of anyone that just buys one appliance. I personally buy 6 so that would be 30 gems and I have a lot of neighbors that buy 10 or more of each appliance. Charging gems for ovens is just outrageous! Kooky or whoever please send this back to the powers that be for this situation to be corrected. Thank you so much!

sally_brown
06-03-15, 03:50 PM
Well, now there are 3 of us who should be neighbors, because I agree with them!For some reason this struck me as really funny.

orleansparish
06-03-15, 03:55 PM
Well said. I think many players are oblivious to the fact that team lava is a business just like any other. They have employees, from secretaries, to writers, to designers and programmers. Who all get pay checks to eat and live just like anyone else. If everything in this game was free or cheep ... the business would fail... the games would close and that would be the end of it.

I too think that 5 gems is reasonable for a special oven. 20 I can see being overpriced... but 5 is not bad. and yes there are many things I would like for this game, but I choose to live with out. It is not life or death .. but like you said... a treat. People can choose to buy expensive LTOs or choose not to. I don't even remember what the last LTO was,so its not like I am missing it all that much.

I agree the constant complaining is a bit tiresome. Everytime there is a update there is some complaint over it. And it really just sounds like spoiled children wining because they don't like something or didn't get exactly what they want. Im guessing some of these players have yet to live in the real world.

just my 2 cents.

They are a business who, like many others make stupid and mindless decisions on occasion. This is one of them. We don't expect everything to be free. Plenty of us spend money freely on gem tables, chairs, wallpaper, tiles, boxes and their displays. Every month. Without fail. So it isn't absurd to expect them to NOT have the most basic part of the game...cooking..become such a premium item where someone are expected to pay to cook. IF they thought this was a good idea, they're wrong. Yes, a few fools will pay for it and make excuses. Giving ridiculous reasons, like goals are a drag, I'd rather pay for an appliance and do goals and work for them.

They have had a formula That's netted them money. But some of us follow their blogs and realize they have made changes in many areas. Some work. Some don't. Let us say how much they suck with the new Changes in the hopes they bring it back.

If you want someone to pay for an applainces, then make it spectacular. Not the same as run of the mill coin ones. Three recipes. Lame yield on food and not much income made from them. Include more than 3 or 4 recipes. Add some expired recipes.

If they need money so much, let them sell old LTOs every week. Open more boxes. Unleash the boxes, everything for sale, grab whatever you can! They can do Many things, but yet they choose the absolute tacky and lame manner to get yet more money from us.

Like someone mentioned, who buys one appliance? If making gems from cooking wasn't important why make that an integral part of the game from the very Start?

I play games where we cook and cook and cook and do not earn gems. I'm used to it. Who would play this game if they stopped giving gems? I bet many would. So again, their business decision lacks any clear thinking.

orleansparish
06-03-15, 03:57 PM
I think we need a moderator to take this oven problem back to team lava/storm 8. The oven pricing needs to be changed to coins! I don't know of anyone that just buys one appliance. I personally buy 6 so that would be 30 gems and I have a lot of neighbors that buy 10 or more of each appliance. Charging gems for ovens is just outrageous! Kooky or whoever please send this back to the powers that be for this situation to be corrected. Thank you so much!

We don't have regular moderators here. Or CM's that interact with us like we're lucky to have on castle. Just babysitters who censor what we think if it doesn't heap praise on the gamers formerly known as teamlava.

sls0991
06-03-15, 03:58 PM
Yeah I know it could be more expensive, but it'll cost me most of my gems :( I was kinda hoping it would come back for like 25 or 30 gems but I should've known better. But yay at least it's back!

Don't get me wrong, I wish it was free, lol, but there's always a price in these games and I'm just really happy it wasn't 70 freaking gems because even though 55 is a lot, 70 would have been extreme for the size of the item.

Ovens costing gems though is complete insanity and I don't understand why anyone would even suggest it. But many here have which is absurd in my opinion, but that is why this new oven costs gems because people have said they would pay gems for ovens.. so you get what you ask for sometimes. I hope those people are happy, good for them.

We don't have regular moderators here. Or CM's that interact with us like we're lucky to have on castle. Just babysitters who censor what we think if it doesn't heap praise on the gamers formerly known as teamlava.

Very well said, and 100% true.

twospoons
06-03-15, 04:02 PM
They are a business who, like many others make stupid and mindless decisions on occasion. This is one of them. We don't expect everything to be free. Plenty of us spend money freely on gem tables, chairs, wallpaper, tiles, boxes and their displays. Every month. Without fail. So it isn't absurd to expect them to NOT have the most basic part of the game...cooking..become such a premium item where someone are expected to pay to cook. IF they thought this was a good idea, they're wrong. Yes, a few fools will pay for it and make excuses. Giving ridiculous reasons, like goals are a drag, I'd rather pay for an appliance and do goals and work for them.

They have had a formula That's netted them money. But some of us follow their blogs and realize they have made changes in many areas. Some work. Some don't. Let us say how much they suck with the new Changes in the hopes they bring it back.

If you want someone to pay for an applainces, then make it spectacular. Not the same as run of the mill coin ones. Three recipes. Lame yield on food and not much income made from them. Include more than 3 or 4 recipes. Add some expired recipes.

If they need money so much, let them sell old LTOs every week. Open more boxes. Unleash the boxes, everything for sale, grab whatever you can! They can do Many things, but yet they choose the absolute tacky and lame manner to get yet more money from us.

Like someone mentioned, who buys one appliance? If making gems from cooking wasn't important why make that an integral part of the game from the very Start?

I play games where we cook and cook and cook and do not earn gems. I'm used to it. Who would play this game if they stopped giving gems? I bet many would. So again, their business decision lacks any clear thinking.

hear, hear!

For some reason this struck me as really funny.
it mostly made me feel like a very bad person, because i immediately thought "who cares what you think? you're new here." which was pretty awful. i like new players, honest!

myferngardens
06-03-15, 04:15 PM

Old ovens, retired stoves, expired ovens and drink machines from goals I wasnt around to complete I would pay gems. Not 30 like pueblagate - but 3-5 gems each appliance. I would pay that for a chance I missed. Said it then and will say it now. You're welcome. :)

jandtandn
06-03-15, 04:18 PM

Round of applause, ladies and gentlemen.

Mythdefied
06-03-15, 04:33 PM
Just like in RS, I'm refusing to buy this latest appliance. I usually jump on a new appliance and buy six of them so I can earn more gems for decor, but this new stove defeats the purpose. Hopefully this is a business model they won't stick with.

ojapple96
06-03-15, 05:28 PM
Is the wallpaper in the teaser spring hills or something else? I don't see anything new for wallpaper.

GGGStar
06-03-15, 05:53 PM
Is the wallpaper in the teaser spring hills or something else? I don't see anything new for wallpaper.

Its the Tuscany wallpaper, it's been out for quite a while but it costs gems. :)

ojapple96
06-03-15, 06:30 PM
Its the Tuscany wallpaper, it's been out for quite a while but it costs gems. :)

Yes that makes perfect sense - gems all around!

matrixkitten
06-03-15, 06:32 PM
What an interesting release.

Personally, I don't begrudge them for releasing a gem-heavy update. They are a business that needs to make money. I get that, and I think most people do. I don't expect to be entertained for free. And, to be fair, if you want to play this game for free, it's very possible, and even enjoyable. There are lots of decorative items available for coins.

Having said that, I don't understand the decision to release an oven that costs gems. I would never buy it, even at the admittedly low cost of 5 gems. It's a regular oven with a couple of recipes that yield nothing special. To make me want to buy this appliance at 5 gems each, it would have to offer something that other appliances do not, and not in terms of graphics. For example, an oven that yields a good number of high coin recipes, like Red Velvet cake, would be nice. Something that will earn me coins faster. I can see making a reasonable gem investment in the ability to noticeably speed up coin earnings. Or, an oven with a lot of new recipes, which will pay for itself over time, provided the gems earned would cover a purchase of at least 3 ovens (cooking recipes on one oven is tedious, long and boring). This new oven does nothing of the sort, so I will pass.

I think game developers are testing the waters as far as what the market will bear in terms of gem costs. The release of Puebla oven clearly flopped at 30 gems a piece, so a new price of 5 gems is being tested. If enough players end up buying extra gems to finance the ovens, then we'll be seeing more and more gem-based appliances.

Natasha_07
06-03-15, 06:38 PM
I would not pay gems for ovens not even if they released old ones from 2011 to mid 2012.

My reason: appliances are a functional part of the game unlike decor which are optional, if you don't like it then no need to buy, even decor for gems such as LTOs & boxes are sorth of the optional exclusivity.

Also a lot of players earn gems only from mastery, and even some those who buys gems will try to amass as much too.

The pricing of appliances for gems will be encouragement for S8 as long as players pay a chunk of their pockets for them.

teammaggie
06-03-15, 07:19 PM
I did the ballpark goal so I don't need to buy more. I just bought them recently. I feel the people who missed the goal should get the LTO especially for much older goals. or just everyone get the LTO. I had the pleasure of being entertained doing the goal and the people who missed the goal should at least get a chance for Limited time. I feel TL is getting too picky of who gets it and who doesn't. We are all here to have fun. This isn't a competive game. I would be happy knowing someone who missed the goal had a second chance to at least buy the items.

As far as paying gems or no gems, I personally feel that paying 3-5 gems for an old appliance I missed out on is reasonable. Mastering the recipes will help pay for it completely. However, they need to let people who missed it get the opportunity. Not for a new appliance though. I spend a lot of money already to buy items and don't want to waste gems on brand new appliances. Only old appliances from goals I missed. I actually bought the oven for gems but now that I think about it I will not be doing that again.

pieandcream
06-03-15, 07:38 PM
Well said. I think many players are oblivious to the fact that team lava is a business just like any other.
Im guessing some of these players have yet to live in the real world.

i think its you that's not seeing it clearly. believe someone posted: should appliances be gems from now on they would need to spend 20 bucks each week just for new appliances if they were for gems (buying more than 1 obviously). i'll use that to as a basis.
20 x 40 (taken goal weeks out) = 600. JUST for appliances.
today a game, when new costs 40-60. you can buy more than 10 complete new highly popular games for that price. more than i would have time to play within a year.
with the ever widening income gap, 600 a year is not something most people would consider acceptable to spend on something as this, nor is it compared to whats available in the rest of the gaming market.

the fact with these games is, that they exist to milk the rich. A friends friend here in china works for a company similar to storm8, not as large though. they earn enough to cover all their expenses/salaries by the income they take from just 1 player. some very rich person who doesnt live in the 'real' world but in his own little bubble existence.

christaduff
06-03-15, 07:46 PM

rofl SO true. I have to say I am buying everything in this update.....plus the tea party....I HAVE TO DO IT. It's too cute. I have 3 ovens so far. I had to get them they are really pretty and I love cream horns UMMMMM so good. I am going to wait for the gem sale though - I justify this buy only spending money on BS no other game! Hey it works for me.

christaduff
06-03-15, 07:55 PM

I totally agree that the gem costing ovens should have better sale priced recipes like the RVC recipe. It would be great to have another recipe that makes 12 coins per plate. The gemed ovens should have recipes that make more gems when you master them (to make up for the price they cost) or make recipes that sell for more money 12coins per plate with a shorter cooking time then RVC. People would at least get something beside a cute oven. I am sure lots of people would buy that kind of oven with upgraded recipes. They wouldn't feel so ripped off either.

pipipooh1977
06-03-15, 08:13 PM
Just think your buying a oven for gems that once you master all the recipes your NOT going to keep it out as decor, you would either sell it or store it to have other appliances available to put out and cook on. So it's a waste of gems...unlike decor where you keep it out and it doesn't take up an appliance slot.

CuteTali
06-03-15, 08:50 PM
Appliances for gems = fail.

I always try to buy 18 of each appliance and that would be expensive.

Even if I was to buy just one appliance, that would take forever and a half to master recipes on just 1 oven, more of a headache than anything, so just skipping this week's update, got lots of other stuff to do anyway.

cakeandpie
06-03-15, 08:51 PM
5 gems for an oven really, really bites.

anurulz
06-03-15, 09:41 PM
Am giving the gem oven a skip..not spending gems on an oven..

lauraleighashby
06-03-15, 09:42 PM

just my 2 cents.

Well as one of those whiney and spoiled children, I think most of the contention is over an item that is related to the basic part of the game. Some stated that some of the new decor or LTO item seems pricey but left it at that. There is plenty of decor that I want that I cannot get, and am totally accepting of that...in defense, there is plenty I can get that I do like. But pricing an appliance for gems, for each one, is imo, unfair and pointless. Yeah, they are a business, and have plenty of gem priced items that people do buy...oh, don't forget the gem traps...to earn money.
That being said, guess I will head back to my unreal world...the one where I had to raise a chd single handedly, worked a job of some sort of another since I was 10 years old only to find myself unemployed at 48 years old...hmmm, your real world sounds so much better than my unreal one.
Just my two cents.

irlanda_c
06-03-15, 10:37 PM
See page 8 for a pic of mad hatter tea party

Thank you!

luincristiel
06-03-15, 10:40 PM

Well said! I hope they will get that message loud and clear when they see the oven sales.

I'm afraid this oven will never be for coins though... so it's 6 lost gems for those of us who never buy gems.

luincristiel
06-03-15, 10:48 PM
Just think your buying a oven for gems that once you master all the recipes your NOT going to keep it out as decor, you would either sell it or store it to have other appliances available to put out and cook on. So it's a waste of gems...unlike decor where you keep it out and it doesn't take up an appliance slot.

Well if it's got recipes that make 12+ coins a plate some players (esp those who have mastered all recipes) will keep cooking on them for coins... So it may not be a waste of gems. It's just that most players value gems more than coins...

alicee11
06-03-15, 11:36 PM

So because of players like you - cheap, that's okay, we agree with the rules what TL is bringing every time. Very cool. Let's make all ovens over 50 gems, why not? It's sk cheap!!

LalaSmooth
06-04-15, 12:38 AM
I got fobbed off saying "can't discuss update" they don't care about our players one bit. They just want money and they never even gave anyone a reason why the gem prices went up either.

andromedablack
06-04-15, 03:08 AM
Deutchland... eh.

That...

Bakerling
06-04-15, 04:20 AM
So because of players like you - cheap, that's okay, we agree with the rules what TL is bringing every time. Very cool. Let's make all ovens over 50 gems, why not? It's sk cheap!!

I bought the Bavarin Oven for 5 gems. Well I don't said it is cheap or expensive. It all depend on every players to see how they want to play their game. Some players build machine to cook to earn gems and some cook to earns most XP and some players build it so that they can have the machine forever. Later this machine will also become limited period item and removed from sale. So if you find it expensive then don't buy the machine. There are so many recipes in the easy oven that is enough to cook until another goal arrive. So play at our own space and don't compare with players who use $$$ to buy gems to play. Honestly. I don't spend $$$ to buy gems for this game. I play this game because I find this game is so interesting and fun. can make a lot of friends and share updates with one another. So let all enjoy game. HAppy Baking.

GGGStar
06-04-15, 04:50 AM
I bought the Bavarin Oven for 5 gems. Well I don't said it is cheap or expensive. It all depend on every players to see how they want to play their game. Some players build machine to cook to earn gems and some cook to earns most XP and some players build it so that they can have the machine forever. Later this machine will also become limited period item and removed from sale. So if you find it expensive then don't buy the machine. There are so many recipes in the easy oven that is enough to cook until another goal arrive. So play at our own space and don't compare with players who use $$$ to buy gems to play. Honestly. I don't spend $$$ to buy gems for this game. I play this game because I find this game is so interesting and fun. can make a lot of friends and share updates with one another. So let all enjoy game. HAppy Baking.
Yes, I agree. Everyone has different ways of playing. The main thing is to have fun! :)

chokdii
06-04-15, 07:24 AM
Am giving the gem oven a skip..not spending gems on an oven..

I would have giving a skip to. I didn't notice it was for gems until after I bought one. Thankfully spotted it just as I was about to buy a second one or would have lost 10 gems instead of five. I never paid attention as I don't think there has ever been a new appliance you had to use gems for. I definetly wouldn't have bought any if I'd been paying attention.

taoyingying
06-04-15, 08:38 AM
I don't understand the rage about gem stoves... 5 gem seems quite reasonable for me. Even if you buy 6 its only 30 gems. Yet same people in this thread are saying that 55 gem for a 4x2 tea party decor is cheap?! Why it's ok to spend a lot of gem on a small decor but not ok on stoves? Not all player cook just to get gems. I consider stove/food as part of the decoration, and I cook food that's fitting for my current bakery style, even after I have mastered the recipe.

luincristiel
06-04-15, 09:43 AM
I don't understand the rage about gem stoves... 5 gem seems quite reasonable for me. Even if you buy 6 its only 30 gems. Yet same people in this thread are saying that 55 gem for a 4x2 tea party decor is cheap?! Why it's ok to spend a lot of gem on a small decor but not ok on stoves? Not all player cook just to get gems. I consider stove/food as part of the decoration, and I cook food that's fitting for my current bakery style, even after I have mastered the recipe.

I don't think anyone in this thread said that the price for the tea party decor is cheap - they are rejoicing simply because it is released again. And of course it's ok to spend gems on stove - it's each player's choice - we are just saying that the price tag for an oven should have been in coins instead of gems. Unless you prefer to pay everything in this game with actual money, that is.

I am a little confused as I read the thread actually - the main debate (I think) is not about whether 5 gems is a reasonable price, but rather that the recipes/ oven could have been made available to more players for whatever reason each player plays the game - for the fun of baking, for cute food items, as part of the bakery's design, or for gems. Again - unless you feel privileged to have something that most players will not buy with actual money. But even for that purpose I suppose there are already plenty of choices in this game: wallpapers, tiles, floor decorations, boxes etc.

luincristiel
06-04-15, 09:58 AM
Frankly speaking I am a little concerned about Storm8's recent experiments - the ridiculously-priced Puebla ovens and fountains in gems, and now a gem oven. It seems to me that they are tired of giving us LTOs... which I don't understand. What's wrong with meeting demand with supply? They have the design and the s**** to do limit-time, so all they need to do is give it a price tag. Not necessarily easy, but presumably easier than having a new design AND pricing it?

myferngardens
06-04-15, 10:06 AM
Gems for new ovens = pay to play. Is this a free game or not? Gems for new ovens blurs that line. New ovens with three recipes and no other benefit should be coins. Otherwise why not just put those recipes on the basic oven? The premise of this game has always been cook for free gems but entice to buy ADDITIONAL gems. Gems to cook = pay to play.

Now however if you just buy one oven you invest 5 gems to net 6. I think I will have to buy one even though cooking on one oven is not how I play. I buy 3-5 of each as a general rule. I won't buy more than one on principle. I do pay to play, that is I buy gems, but will not pay them on NEW ovens.

I think new ovens for gems is a slimey way to make money S8. Btw people, I know its a business. As I said I gladly buy gems. Its not about making money or not making money...its about how you make your money.
pueblagate, gems for new ovens, gem traps, and so on are slimey ways to make money.

taoyingying
06-04-15, 10:45 AM
I don't think anyone in this thread said that the price for the tea party decor is cheap
Oh yeah there are people said that. For example, post #68 says 55 gems are huge steal, also quite a few people said they accept the price because it could be 70 gems. Which reminded me of those retail stores who will raise the regular price and then have a "sale", which in effect making them sell at exactly the same price, but people are happy, because, you know, "cheap" or "expensive" are only comparitive :rolleyes:

And of course it's ok to spend gems on stove - it's each player's choice - we are just saying that the price tag for an oven should have been in coins instead of gems.
I'm confused... You are saying it's ok to pay gems for stoves, but it's not ok to pay gems (in stead of coins) for stoves?

Again - unless you feel privileged to have something that most players will not buy with actual money. But even for that purpose I suppose there are already plenty of choices in this game: wallpapers, tiles, floor decorations, boxes etc.
I buy gem items (be it stove or decor) not because I want to shout out to my neighbors "Hey look at me I'm rich!", but because I like the item and the price is reasonable for me. If they charge 50 gems for that stove I would walk away, but I'm not going to be furious about that. There are many, many things in the world I cannot afford and I think the pricing is rediculous, big deal?

auroramom
06-04-15, 03:38 PM
Kooky did respond to same post I did in RS. Basically stoves are staying as gems (no surprise) but the forum reaction has been "forwarded to the team". Don't know that that's really good news but I am glad that Kooky took the time to respond.

PrairieGrass
06-04-15, 03:46 PM
This is a game where making recipes has always been a way to earn gems, so paying gems for the appliances to have the opportunity to do that turns the premise of the game upside down. Yes, one also earns coins and experience points from cooking, and if those were outstanding with the Bavarian (BS) and Pub (RS) appliances, maybe some players would see that as a fair trade-off, but those benefits are barely average here, and there are only 3 recipes!

My other objection has to do with the fact that many recent updates included recipes from Japan, Turkey, and Argentina etc. and those were added to other appliances with no gem costs for all players to enjoy, but now Germany and England, which have many players here, have their country's recipes on appliances that have to be purchased with gems. It was really nice that Storm 8 was going in a multi-cultural direction with decor and recipes and letting players in other countries get to experience other cultures through decorating and cooking, but now Storm 8 seems to be saying that we will have to pay gems to do that. This game helps bring people together from other cultures and the world needs more of these positive experiences, so why Storm 8 make that more difficult for us by making these ovens for gems? Keep doing what you started and keep the ovens with international recipes for coins only!

STORM 8: Keep all new appliances for COINS only please! Stick to making your money from gems with creative and artistic decorations!

mint4chip1
06-04-15, 03:55 PM
I hope they have a summer beach theme! since thats the theme of my bakery!

LadyEna
06-04-15, 04:18 PM
Since TL already has a RS2, and by last survey looks like a BS2 will follow soon.
I think it's a phase to get more players in those games.
Shrugs just a guess mind you.

I earn gems through cooking to get tables and chairs mainly. Rarely a decor item.

Again if the goals are going to be gem ovens, then it will potentially eliminate
a huge loss in customers.

Note: Just IMHO!

teammaggie
06-04-15, 07:08 PM
These new gem ovens I'll call them, make me wonder if the only way to get new recipes from now on is from these new ovens and goal ovens. Are we ever going to get an update that puts recipes on the basic ovens again? If not, it isn't fair to people who can't afford to purchase gems, for instance kids.. They don't have credit cards or any money to spend. Doesn't seem fair if that is the case. Hopefully it's not the case.

Francys08
06-04-15, 07:50 PM
I was very surprised when I saw the stove for gems. I only bought the decorations that were for coins.

sweetlife007
06-04-15, 07:50 PM
Would rather have goals to build ovens rather than spending gems. Please use goals and parts for ovens. Wouk rather use gems for other things.

CammoAmmo
06-04-15, 09:30 PM
@awesomejujubeans
This is not a good comparison... That would be saying that BS gives you stuff for free. Switching stuff up to keep it interesting does not mean the makers can start charging gems for everything. That's being greedy and it doesn't make the game any better. If you wanna compare where BS is headed to other games, compare it to any game that started out great but failed to keep up with what its customers wanted and soon dropped off the charts. I'm sure you've heard of those games too.

(mobile messed me up so I guess you'll never see this reply anyways)

haycoconut
06-05-15, 07:37 AM
Finally got yoga bakery offered for gems! But if any neighbor had gifted me new oven parts before I updated, I didn't get them :(

add_me2358
06-05-15, 09:01 AM
Did I read right? We have an oven that dispenses gems?

deekathleen
06-05-15, 10:21 AM
Did I read right? We have an oven that dispenses gems?

No, there is a new oven that costs gems to buy.

twospoons
06-05-15, 10:50 AM
i'm thinking now that maybe the gem stove was a way to entice non-decorating players into spending gems. i'm sure we've all seen them: people who have tons of counters of food, table farms, maybe a decor piece or two but not really decorating. which, hey, we all play the game our own way, so even though i find it incomprehensible, more power to them. but they have nothing to spend gems on, so S8 maybe thought they'd give them something.

if it were true, it would be a stupid plan, as that type of player probably has more than enough gems to buy stoves without buying gems, since they theoretically didn't spend any on decor. but that's my new theory anyway.

VanaCatu
06-05-15, 10:53 AM
so, it's not a glitch.
appliances for gems.
well...

i think this is the beginning of a beautiful end of this game :)

xxxe
06-05-15, 10:58 AM
i'm thinking now that maybe the gem stove was a way to entice non-decorating players into spending gems. i'm sure we've all seen them: people who have tons of counters of food, table farms, maybe a decor piece or two but not really decorating. which, hey, we all play the game our own way, so even though i find it incomprehensible, more power to them. but they have nothing to spend gems on, so S8 maybe thought they'd give them something.

if it were true, it would be a stupid plan, as that type of player probably has more than enough gems to buy stoves without buying gems, since they theoretically didn't spend any on decor. but that's my new theory anyway.

That's a really good point. Anytime I see a bakery, especially a player at level 99, with no gem decor or tables, I wonder what they spend their gems on. They have to have so many. Unless they use them to rush food or expand. It could have been targeted towards them. I have been going through the community looking to see if anybody bought the new ovens. I saw very few and the ones I did see only bought 1. Hopefully TL doesn't do this again in the future. Hopefully this ends up like Black Friday. So many people were upset and voiced their complaints that TL gave us an even better sale after.

VanaCatu
06-05-15, 11:15 AM
So many people were upset and voiced their complaints that TL gave us an even better sale after.
it makes me smile, really :)
i saw one boy 6yrs old playing restaurant. english is not even his native language. so he was just tapping and trying to learn what happens, using only his eyes, not even understanding letters, just following narrows, icons, etc...

so nothing to talk about quantity of people downloaded these games, and tapped here and there.

but even from guys really playing this game (at least over lvl.50) all over the world - max 10% KNOW about the forums.
max 5% READ.
and hardly 1% PARTICIPATE.

just try to imagine percentage of downloads comparing to percentage of voicing here... mooa-ha-ha!

believe me, they will only count how many accounts DID BUY this oven. but not how many guys voiced here.

add_me2358
06-05-15, 11:49 AM
That's how I do business. LOL but I spend gems on upgrading to larger sizes because I value my coins too much.

chokdii
06-06-15, 02:47 AM

Keep in mind not every one plays the same as you. Myself I wouldn't have bought even one (I did but didn't realize it was gems). For those that don't buy gems (I used to but not anymore) we don't want to use up gems for a stove. Decorations are ok and if I think it's gem heavy I simply won't buy it and just move on. TL do need to make money which is understandable but stoves shouldn't be for gems. Anything else is fine if they want to charge gems. Once I master recipes I no longer use the appliance so I consider it a waste to use gems on a stove. That's just how I play and there is nothing wrong with how you play either. I probably wouldn't have minded so much (I would have minded but it wouldn't have been as bad) if I had realized before I wasted five gems on the stove that it cost gems. TL have never done that before so wasn't expecting it and just saw a new stove so bought it without checking the price. Next time I'll know to check before buying. I still think appliances should be for coins but don't really have much say in the matter. TL are going to do what they want to do.

VelvetyChocolate
06-06-15, 04:15 AM
Brought the new oven for 5 gems and I'm fine with it. Since there are new recipes I'm okay with spending gems. :) better than loosing them to gem traps anyway. (fell into one so far. -_-' )

LalaSmooth
06-06-15, 07:26 AM
Let's just hope next week, the goal ovens arent for gems lol

deekathleen
06-06-15, 07:56 AM
My guess would be five gems is just a testing the waters price and if enough people buy them they will keep increasing in price.

rocketsmama
06-06-15, 08:15 AM
My guess would be five gems is just a testing the waters price and if enough people buy them they will keep increasing in price.

I hope not!!!

LalaSmooth
06-06-15, 09:23 AM

Why did people suggest appliances for gems in the first place? Are they minted with gems?

jandtandn
06-06-15, 02:09 PM
Why did people suggest appliances for gems in the first place? Are they minted with gems?

I thought it was a suggestion only for past goal appliances (for a lower amount of gems than pueblagate). Possibly also before they started re-releasing old ovens for coins.

IF I get this oven, I'll master every last stupid 1 hour recipe and buy it with gems I earn.

auroramom
06-06-15, 02:12 PM
Well I was one of those that was in favor for old goal stoves being sold for gems to only those players that hadn't done the goals. I was trying to be fair to those that were upset that they had done the goals to get the ovens. I was thinking that if you hadn't done the goals that you should have to pay gems for the stoves. I would never be in favor of new ovens being for gems. Also, I was pretty nuts in my obsession to get the egg stove and candy hatchery and would have paid gems for them as I wanted them so bad. Luckily I now have both and they were bought with coins. Thanks so very very much for that TL!

darko5
06-06-15, 03:55 PM
Same here... There is no way im going to spend gems on appliances!
I really hope they dont try this again, its very disappointing - I like to buy new appliances to get gems, and not the other way around :mad:

deekathleen
06-06-15, 04:15 PM
It could also be their way of slowing or stopping people who only use free gems and don't buy them?

rocketsmama
06-07-15, 07:47 PM
Ugh! Seriously!....I accidentally tapped the new "5 gem oven. " I suppose I shouldn't play when I'm tired. Lovely :mad:

LalaSmooth
06-08-15, 12:33 AM
Ugh! Seriously!....I accidentally tapped the new "5 gem oven. " I suppose I shouldn't play when I'm tired. Lovely :mad:

So did I lol it will take me a while to master these to level 4

bobbyrae
06-08-15, 09:29 AM
Maybe on Wednesday we'll get a goal that gives us an appliance that dispenses 5 gems per serving! :o

twospoons
06-08-15, 10:25 AM

i've bought so much stuff when i'm half asleep. and still i do not learn. i keep thinking, yeah, i'll be awake for another hour, i'll throw a short recipe in the oven and then it's 20 minutes of MUST STAY AWAKE. FOOD WILL ROT IF YOU DO NOT STAY AWAKE. you'd think i'd give up and start a new dish, but no. i just drift off, phone in hand, and end up with some lovely box item.

Maybe on Wednesday we'll get a goal that gives us an appliance that dispenses 5 gems per serving! :o

ha! speaking of dreaming…wouldn't that be nice?

taoyingying
06-08-15, 10:41 AM
Keep in mind not every one plays the same as you. Myself I wouldn't have bought even one (I did but didn't realize it was gems). For those that don't buy gems (I used to but not anymore) we don't want to use up gems for a stove. Decorations are ok and if I think it's gem heavy I simply won't buy it and just move on. TL do need to make money which is understandable but stoves shouldn't be for gems. Anything else is fine if they want to charge gems.

See, that's the part I don't understand here. Why it's ok to charge (sometimes a lot of) gems on decor, but not ok on stoves? I understand many players just cook to get gems, but if it's a gem stove, it's not like they are losing anything, just do what you do with gem decors, "simply won't buy it and just move on"! Why so much hate and complain? :confused:

I do feel for you on buying the stove accidentally though. There should be a confirmation when you spend gems, but we all know it won't happen. THAT to me is an act of greed on S8/TL part :p

aiyoosha
06-08-15, 02:38 PM
i've bought so much stuff when i'm half asleep. and still i do not learn. i keep thinking, yeah, i'll be awake for another hour, i'll throw a short recipe in the oven and then it's 20 minutes of MUST STAY AWAKE. FOOD WILL ROT IF YOU DO NOT STAY AWAKE. you'd think i'd give up and start a new dish, but no. i just drift off, phone in hand, and end up with some lovely box item.

ha! speaking of dreaming…wouldn't that be nice?

yep me too lol and also ive redecorated sleeping too. i wake up and my entire bakery is empty and messed up *smack*

krissy4115
06-08-15, 10:44 PM
I have not spent a single penny of my own money on this game. I feel that using my gems for an oven was a little ridiculous, but 5 was nothing to me since I have so many. I am one of those that does not spend my gems on decor and what not. I buy just what I need for the goals: no more, no less. Im am on level 99 and if you would like to visit, my id is Krissy4115. I am always accepting active neighbors.

Azumanga_
06-09-15, 12:47 AM
I would never spend gems for ovens. No way.

Cooking is the basic of the game - this should be for free. Old players may have collected enough gems - I have over 700 - but those, who are new in the game have to pay with real money. That's not fair.

We should go all on a 4 week strike. This would show them the middlef... erm... power of the users. 😎

Azumanga_
06-09-15, 01:17 AM
I would never spend gems for ovens. No way.

ok, MAYBE if the oven has a good output.

But paying 5 Gems for an oven with such a worse output.. nah.

Profit per serving:
Pretzels 1.376 coins
Cream Horns 1.556 coins
Apple Pancake 1.677

Such an expensive oven should generate profits beyond 4 or 5 coins per serving.

because someone asked it - A pancake in germany is the same as in France, USA, ... a bit thicker than a french crepe. The recipe on the picture could be a filled apple cake. But not a pancake..

taoyingying
06-09-15, 07:21 AM
because someone asked it - A pancake in germany is the same as in France, USA, ... a bit thicker than a french crepe. The recipe on the picture could be a filled apple cake. But not a pancake..

I was the one asked the pancake question :p
Thanks for confirming! Now I know it's not me who has false impressiong about German cuisine, it's S8 ;)

ashrb
06-09-15, 10:41 AM
See, that's the part I don't understand here. Why it's ok to charge (sometimes a lot of) gems on decor, but not ok on stoves? I understand many players just cook to get gems, but if it's a gem stove, it's not like they are losing anything, just do what you do with gem decors, "simply won't buy it and just move on"! Why so much hate and complain? :confused:

I do feel for you on buying the stove accidentally though. There should be a confirmation when you spend gems, but we all know it won't happen. THAT to me is an act of greed on S8/TL part :p

You would be missing out, though because the premise of this game is cooking, which is why it's called "Bakery Story". Decorating is a big aspect, but without cooking, this would simply be "Decorating Story". You would be missing out on mastering recipes and 6 gems. It would be different if the gem oven offered you something that coin ovens didn't, but if it's offering the same as coin ovens, then yeah, that deserves some complaints.

Also, ovens aren't decor items. You can use them as decor, but their main function is to cook on, so it's not the same as charging gems for decor.

ievuxia
06-09-15, 04:22 PM
You would be missing out, though because the premise of this game is cooking, which is why it's called "Bakery Story". Decorating is a big aspect, but without cooking, this would simply be "Decorating Story". You would be missing out on mastering recipes and 6 gems. It would be different if the gem oven offered you something that coin ovens didn't, but if it's offering the same as coin ovens, then yeah, that deserves some complaints.

Also, ovens aren't decor items. You can use them as decor, but their main function is to cook on, so it's not the same as charging gems for decor.
Totally agree.

sarahpeeps3
03-08-16, 06:54 PM
You can get up to 10 free gems per day just by watching ads. 5 gems is not a huge price to pay, plus you don't even have to build it! Totally worth the investment.

twospoons
03-09-16, 09:35 AM
Sarahpeeps3, that's not an offer everyone gets. Consider yourself lucky, and take advantage while it lasts!

Old thread alert!

kooky panda
03-09-16, 10:11 AM
Closing thread since it is an older thread and the thread has now gone off topic of the updates.