PDA

View Full Version : Expired Dragons

Weedle33
06-02-15, 12:35 AM
I keep hatching the Rose Dragon. The chart says it's expired. Bred Atlantis & Twilight trying to get something cool. Can we still breed expired Dragons like the Rose Dragon I keep hatching? I don't really want the Rose Dragon if I'm going for better dragons, correct? Should I trade rare ones and only keep super rare and above, or does that not help with breeding better dragons? Thanks my first post!

Anaboe
06-02-15, 04:24 AM
It depends on what you want. Some focus on dragons of a particular color, some of a particular rarity. Some only on those they think are pretty, some focus on the goals in the questbook. And then some try (like me) to get as many uniques as possible: I have over 360 different dragons atm.

There's no right or wrong, it's all good.

But, if you want to be able to run throuhg tournaments smootly, I'd advise you to have as many unbreedable/ultra-rare/super-rare dragons as possible, preferably when they have multiple mix-colors, like Lolipop (unbreedable, super rare, rainbow-magic-yellow). Rarity doesn't matter in breeding: a common Forest is as good in the breeding den as a Super rare and expired Dawntree.

Personally I sell a lot of failed breedings right of the nest. Some I keep to evolve to lvl 4, both for the bombs, as for the trading in the portal: it greatly helps with events like last Crystal-event when you have some gems in storage.

So, how do you want to play this game? What's your personal goal?

roguebee
06-02-15, 04:45 AM
I keep hatching the Rose Dragon. The chart says it's expired. Bred Atlantis & Twilight trying to get something cool. Can we still breed expired Dragons like the Rose Dragon I keep hatching? I don't really want the Rose Dragon if I'm going for better dragons, correct? Should I trade rare ones and only keep super rare and above, or does that not help with breeding better dragons? Thanks my first post!

The Rose dragon was originally released in 2013, retired several months later, released again in 2014 and then retired again, and released a third time this year. I didn't keep track of the dates, but I suspect the release dates were timed for Valentine Day. The egg chart is a volunteer effort, they missed that the dragon was re-re-released earlier this year.

cocauina
06-02-15, 05:28 AM
And the Rose Dragon is in the market, just search for it! It's not expired like was said already :)

Kennedward
06-02-15, 06:43 AM
If you can breed it then it's not an expired dragon

Lupine_Star
06-02-15, 11:04 AM
Hello all! The Rose Dragon returned for Valentine's Day and we've kept it in the Market. That means you are still able to breed it.

Sorry for any confusion!

Weedle33
06-07-15, 10:39 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I had no idea that rarity didn't matter in breeding. I've been trying to breed the rarest I can!

My goal is to have a variety of as rare or different as I can. With of course the ones I want to keep because they are pretty. I like playing the bombs and tournaments. I just won the Warrior Princess. Is she good for any kind of breeding? I'm 3 months with no diamond dragon�� Soon I hope!

Kennedward
06-08-15, 06:18 AM
Champion types are treated as Black and Red, so breeding it will give you the possibility of Black, Red, Blue, and Purple

Weedle33
06-08-15, 07:50 AM
Why blue and purple?

roguebee
06-08-15, 09:56 AM
Night dragon (Black) is created by breeding Water (blue) and Magic (purple).

kooky panda
06-08-15, 10:13 AM

Hello all! The Rose Dragon returned for Valentine's Day and we've kept it in the Market. That means you are still able to breed it.

Sorry for any confusion!

Original questions has been answered.
Closing thread.

For more discussions on breeding you can post:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82009-Dragon-Story-Breeding-Experiments-Theories-Part-5

or

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73718-Breeding-Combos-and-Questions-(-Part-III)