PDA

View Full Version : Game of Scones (2015)

Jennerwein1
06-01-15, 02:42 PM
New four day event.

First goal: 3 French toasts and make one cheesecake. Maybe something else?

2-

Then you get blood orange meal.

3-

4-
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20585&d=1433201870 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20585&d=1433201870)

5-

Next step:
Serve 3 steak and eggs
Serve 3 hamburgers
Master blood orange scones to level 2 (9 cooks)

6-

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20598&d=1433264824 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20598&d=1433264824)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20600&d=1433269667 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20600&d=1433269667)

Jennerwein1
06-01-15, 03:01 PM
Extra Information

Takes one hour to make. Blood oranges come from serving water.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20599&d=1433264846 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20599&d=1433264846)

catfoodie
06-01-15, 03:13 PM
I can't even... I need this style in my life... That's the best what could happen to me today...

ceeeelina
06-01-15, 03:21 PM
So cool! Super stoked for this quest. Hopefully more doable than the Spring Fling mess.

cquinn32
06-01-15, 03:28 PM
Really like those chairs!! Thank you for the info so far!! I'll try to help

dragon2046
06-01-15, 03:39 PM
Thanks so much for posting info. U are awesome! :). Enjoy everyone :)

dragon2046
06-01-15, 04:24 PM
Next step is
Serve 6 breakfast sandwiches
Serve 5 spaghetti
Master blood orange scones to level 1 which takes 6 times.

Jennerwein1
06-01-15, 04:38 PM
Round 4: 20585
Hoarding sugar and cream.

Jennerwein1
06-01-15, 04:38 PM
Didn't see your post Dragon 2046. Just popped up. ��

dragon2046
06-01-15, 04:49 PM
Didn't see your post Dragon 2046. Just popped up. ��

Like the picture posts better anyways I just don't do them cuz I'm technically challenged. Lol. And it drives me crazy having to keep the photos! So thank for the pics. :)

FrozenTurtle
06-01-15, 05:36 PM
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying these goals so far! As a quick update, we got word from one of the judges that the our first batch of Blood Orange Scones were a little dry and needed to be a little sweeter. The recipe has been slightly changed in an effort to please our judges' palate. Good luck, everyone!

judyvines
06-01-15, 05:40 PM
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying these goals so far! As a quick update, we got word from one of the judges that the our first batch of Blood Orange Scones were a little dry and needed to be a little sweeter. The recipe has been slightly changed in an effort to please our judges' palate. Good luck, everyone!

We will be enjoying it a lot less with the change from one sugar and two creams to two sugars and three creams! Hopefully this won't slow everyone down too much.

luna2cute
06-01-15, 05:45 PM
I am such a dork!! I just went to what I THOUGHT was the RS2 forum but it was for RS1. Haha. So I wondered why no thread existed about this quest and started one.

Then I realized why. Wrong game forum!! Silly me.

Glad someone started one cause apparently I'm not paying attention and shouldn't be posting important details in forums at the moment. Thanks to the person who started this one! :)

rosewaterlily
06-01-15, 06:22 PM
Next step:
Serve 3 steak and eggs
Serve 3 hamburgers

goldsilvercoin
06-01-15, 07:34 PM
OMG
Game of thrones!!!

Yay :-D

Kirrawynne
06-01-15, 07:40 PM
Anyone else having an issue with the game crashing? I will leave the game, go back, and it crashes everytime I go to open it. It then like "resets" and it opens okay on the second try.

Anyone else?

shedenh
06-01-15, 08:39 PM
Yep same here.

cathycathy1
06-01-15, 08:51 PM
My fame keeps freezing and crashing

okiwao
06-01-15, 09:11 PM
HELP

I used my master spice on the blood orange dish and only recieved one star! Can this be corrected?

Alexis19891102
06-01-15, 09:28 PM
Next step:
Serve 3 steak and eggs
Serve 3 hamburgers

After: serve 10 water to customer. serve 3 yogurt parfait. master B.L.S. to level 3. still need 6 stars without master.

Alexis19891102
06-01-15, 09:40 PM
下一步,倒数第二步,也就是在5/7的状态的时候,现在,我们需要给10个客人水。接着,做好3个酸奶巴菲放上去,最后, 就是要把血橙斯康妮面包刷到3星。

ps:刷到3星,需要12个星星,在你们不用大湿调味料的前提下!

我呢,现在还差6个星星就可以做最后一步啦!希望最后一步不要是让我们用钻石买装饰啊!不然就真的要吐血了 !;)

Kirrawynne
06-01-15, 09:42 PM
How many BLS cooks to level 3? I'm trying to figure out if I'll actually have time to complete this.

rosewaterlily
06-01-15, 09:56 PM
How many BLS cooks to level 3? I'm trying to figure out if I'll actually have time to complete this.

It's 12 stars to master level 3.

Kirrawynne
06-01-15, 09:58 PM
It's 12 stars to master level 3.

Thank you!

felicopterrr
06-01-15, 11:17 PM
I'm really enjoying all the new events popping up recently but maybe next time you guys should utilise other ingredients??

Previously with the confetti event, the cakes needed sugar & cream. Now with this new event, again it's using all my sugar & cream. I have so many other ingredients I have no use for since I already mastered all the recipes for it like potato & salmon so maybe take this into consideration next time?

Alexis19891102
06-01-15, 11:58 PM
最后一步!

做12个牛角面包!就是早餐三明治!

做12个牛排鸡蛋!

做5个血橙斯康妮面包!

ellyse99
06-01-15, 11:59 PM
I guess they want to make it open to all levels. Stuff like potato and salmon only appear at higher levels, so low level players would miss out.

felicopterrr
06-02-15, 01:36 AM
I only mentioned salmon and potatoes as an example 😅

infinitelove19
06-02-15, 03:48 AM
Next step:
Serve 3 steak and eggs
Serve 3 hamburgers

After: serve 10 water to customer. serve 3 yogurt parfait. master B.L.S. to level 3. still need 6 stars without master.

Thanks for sharing details!!

I have to agree that I really wish there wasn't this repeated emphasis on sugar and cream. I actually can collect 5 of each, but for lower level players, needing so much sugar is unfair. And then asking for yogurt parfait, which also takes sugar and cream, just seems like adding insult to injury. It is also advantageous for these types of events to use mastery spice, but it also takes sugar. Recipe for scones really should require 2 flour, 1 sugar and eggs. No cream, or very little cream. Just saying.

Jennerwein1
06-02-15, 04:07 AM
Thanks for sharing details!!

I have to agree that I really wish there wasn't this repeated emphasis on sugar and cream. I actually can collect 5 of each, but for lower level players, needing so much sugar is unfair. And then asking for yogurt parfait, which also takes sugar and cream, just seems like adding insult to injury. It is also advantageous for these types of events to use mastery spice, but it also takes sugar. Recipe for scones really should require 2 flour, 1 sugar and eggs. No cream, or very little cream. Just saying.
It was more doable before they increased the requirements for sugar and cream. (Scones too dry? Dip them in coffee :p) Again changing the rules after starting the quest, when are they going to get things right before starting?

kuppikahvia
06-02-15, 04:25 AM
Argh Yoghurt Parfait AND Mastering BO-Scones to level 3? That's a gazillion (and a half) sugar needed :(

xxangelmariexxx
06-02-15, 04:53 AM
We will be enjoying it a lot less with the change from one sugar and two creams to two sugars and three creams! Hopefully this won't slow everyone down too much.

mine is still showing 2 sugars and 3 creams...so I havent seen any changes :(

catfoodie
06-02-15, 04:53 AM
Can anyone post what we have to cook after the steak and hamburger stage?

Xialio
06-02-15, 04:56 AM
Can anyone post what we have to cook after the steak and hamburger stage?

serve 10 water, serve 3 yogurt parfait and master scones to lvl 3

catfoodie
06-02-15, 05:37 AM
serve 10 water, serve 3 yogurt parfait and master scones to lvl 3
Thanks!

cocauina
06-02-15, 05:41 AM
mine is still showing 2 sugars and 3 creams...so I havent seen any changes :(

The original recipe was with 1 sugar and 2 creams. TL changed the recipe to 2 sugars and 3 creams.

bobbyrae
06-02-15, 05:58 AM
HELP

I used my master spice on the blood orange dish and only recieved one star! Can this be corrected?
Same here.

sashahoney
06-02-15, 06:52 AM
The original recipe was with 1 sugar and 2 creams. TL changed the recipe to 2 sugars and 3 creams.

S8 are an absolute joke! Always tampering and changing the event rules half way through without any communications whatsoever to us players.
Can they not get just ONE event right without some kind of cut-throat shenanigans taking place?!
They are so predictable when it comes to these events we should hardly be surprised any more?
It's always the same old stuff... Grind out multiple dishes that all require the same ingredients, then half way through lets change the ingredients that dish needs to make things harder... Blah, blah. blah.
It must be so difficult for them to hire anyone with an ounce of creative genius and integrity due to their shocking reputation! I'm so over these people!

killmypatience
06-02-15, 07:16 AM
I really need more sugar... This event empty my stock.

Mrdaddyo
06-02-15, 07:21 AM
Any clue what the next list is after the 3 stars blood orange scones and yogurt parfait ? Trying to get this done before work

xxangelmariexxx
06-02-15, 07:26 AM

when i started yesterday it was 2 sugar and 3 creams....i thought it said they changed it to make the event more do-able....not harder...ugh

EDIT: Nevermind I read it wrong...they dont want to make things easy for us...smh

fatbearsecondary
06-02-15, 07:51 AM
Not to be that guy, and I actually am a bit excited about the prize, but...

I know GoT is hot right now, but has anyone related to TL actually *read* it or seen the show? It's...yeah, pretty out there. Are we going to be able to behead Cid when he fails to bring a hammer for the millionth time? And God only knows what will happen to Lily, is she going to get Arya's story line or Sansa's (or TV Sansa's, oh no!!)? Or maybe Cid and Lily are twins and then, we all know what they get up to when they're refusing to visit!!

Yeah, those books are great, but they're *crazy* inappropriate. Who dreamed this one up?

fatbearsecondary
06-02-15, 10:07 AM
Pics of step 6 and the 12 cooks necessary to master lvl 3 of the scones.

kooky panda
06-02-15, 10:36 AM
Updated post 1 and 2 with goal pictures. :)

sashahoney
06-02-15, 11:28 AM

The last part of the grind... I mean task :P

edit(KP) added to Post 1

mamareader02
06-02-15, 01:03 PM
So..now we can't use mastery spice because it uses the sugar we need(I can make 2 batches of the scones with the same amount sugar if I had made mastery spice)

mermaidzen
06-02-15, 01:15 PM
I am enjoying this goal but wish we got to keep the bo scones at the end. I am not intressed in the throne. I have so many oranges that I will never get to use as once it's finished will loss them. Also feed up with the high level of sugar and cream I can only get 4 sugar and 3 cream at a time which will only do me 1 recipe. Don't think I will manage to complete it.

shedenh
06-02-15, 03:01 PM
Has anybody had the mastery spice work ? I used it and it did not work

LonePudding
06-02-15, 03:04 PM

Mine worked.

fatbearsecondary
06-02-15, 03:38 PM
Mine worked.

Me too. Used it a bunch.

myhsplace
06-02-15, 05:41 PM

mine works but, it does not work when i level up to next level (on first level, i had 5 of 6, i used a spice on dish and got credited for one and the +1 for spice did not carry over to level 2, it sarted me on level 2 with zero.. Same thing happen when i leveled up to level 3)

Xialio
06-02-15, 06:55 PM
I am enjoying this goal but wish we got to keep the bo scones at the end. I am not intressed in the throne. I have so many oranges that I will never get to use as once it's finished will loss them. Also feed up with the high level of sugar and cream I can only get 4 sugar and 3 cream at a time which will only do me 1 recipe. Don't think I will manage to complete it.

I have grocery and butcher on 4 and 3 respectively and I've found this a real fun event, not having to constantly check the game and getting frowned at in a meeting coz I have an alert set for a certain time ingame lol yes I'm sad :p

This has been a lot more fun than the spring flop and am on last stage :) you can do it too :)

but saying that I did kinda get a bonus as I completed first star of scones before the recipe changed ;)

ellyse99
06-02-15, 09:44 PM
mine works but, it does not work when i level up to next level (on first level, i had 5 of 6, i used a spice on dish and got credited for one and the +1 for spice did not carry over to level 2, it sarted me on level 2 with zero.. Same thing happen when i leveled up to level 3)

That's standard, happens for all dishes.

Mrdaddyo
06-03-15, 04:50 AM
Yes I even used the left over confetti spice I have completed it all

Mrdaddyo
06-03-15, 04:54 AM
So any one have a clue what the next quest will be or when it's starting ?

Xialio
06-03-15, 09:12 AM
So any one have a clue what the next quest will be or when it's starting ?

We never know when or what event is gonna happen till it pops up on screen ingame lol

DrP4ever
06-03-15, 02:48 PM
Changing a recipe to something harder after the event has started is just wrong.

myhsplace
06-03-15, 03:12 PM
That's standard, happens for all dishes.

yikes, that shows how much i pay attention!! i am level 48 and i don't believe i ever even noticed that it was a standard occurrence.

txangel1109
06-03-15, 03:25 PM
I have enjoyed this quest. I'm an hour away from completion. Since yesterday my mastery spice hasn't worked and every single time I go in my counted are close to empty. Then the slicing tomatoes. Then my counters are full and my money is gone. I don't know what changed. But two days of this is very upsetting. It happened twice last week. Then it was ok. Also having duplicate foods on counters. Please advise.

Thank you.

Xialio
06-03-15, 04:11 PM
I have enjoyed this quest. I'm an hour away from completion. Since yesterday my mastery spice hasn't worked and every single time I go in my counted are close to empty. Then the slicing tomatoes. Then my counters are full and my money is gone. I don't know what changed. But two days of this is very upsetting. It happened twice last week. Then it was ok. Also having duplicate foods on counters. Please advise.

Thank you.

I have enjoyed this event too :) sry to know u is having game issues but from reading forums there does seem to be a known bug for duplicate foods, maybe your other issues are part of the same bug

sugerbabby2
06-03-15, 07:14 PM
Blood orange scones say to make three and I cooked four but only 2 are showing up-Scones fit for a queen pleas fix

Jennerwein1
06-03-15, 07:51 PM
I, too, am having fun with this event. Challenging, but doable. It does help to have sleep issues :p.
Lots of slicing tomatoes, but everything seems ok.

lnztrekfan
06-03-15, 08:04 PM
When mastering both level one and two of the scones it said I would receive 5 mastery spices but I haven't gotten any. What's up with that? Anyone else having this issue?

fahrensland
06-03-15, 08:15 PM
Loved the concept of this limited event, bringing current pop culture with a twist into the game made it quite fun. Some of the quest comments were amusing as well, and a nice tribute to GoT. Well done!

wyzyrds
06-03-15, 11:15 PM
When mastering both level one and two of the scones it said I would receive 5 mastery spices but I haven't gotten any. What's up with that? Anyone else having this issue?

Yes. Had the same issue.

ellyse99
06-04-15, 01:58 AM

5 mastery spices? I thought it's just one each time.

ellyse99
06-04-15, 01:59 AM
Blood orange scones say to make three and I cooked four but only 2 are showing up-Scones fit for a queen pleas fix

I'm not sure which exactly you're talking about, but look at the wording carefully, does it say "cook" or "serve"? If it's the latter, then it won't add to the count till you finish cooking and put it on the counter.

Xialio
06-04-15, 08:52 AM
5 mastery spices? I thought it's just one each time.

I thought u just got 1 mastery spice for the first star....of any recipe

but some clarification on mastery spices and how many we should of got would be appreciated :)

winterdragon0
06-04-15, 09:11 AM
The food in my counters are not moving or producing money. I really wanted to do this event, and for the past 10 hours none of my food is moving, all the stoves and ovens are waititng for counter to be clear to complete this event and nada. :(

ginrae22
06-04-15, 10:15 AM
Okay so the name of this event or challenge is cute. I like that. And I like having these things but they make them so dang hard! Stop giving us goals where we have to use 1 machine to make multiple items to get to the next goal! And we need the same items like steak for example. Its just wrong and it makes it next to impossible to complete which i guess is what they want because then we need to buy gems to complete it if we want these special recipes. I just don't understand why it's not easier like in our other games? The newer ones just seem to want to push our buttons constantly. FS2 and this one in particular.

vanilla_vodka
06-04-15, 11:48 AM
the tempo for the goal is Too Short, only 4 days

we need at least 5 days

esmerelda35
06-04-15, 01:01 PM
I actually thought they listened to our feedback with the last event being so short, and gave us more time for this event .....I only have the game on my ipad, which doesn't have data, and I'm at work in the day without the ability to play, I have 3 kids so spend a lot of time running them around in the evening to sports and activities (and therefore can't play), and while I am not yet finished, I will definitely be able to easily finish before the deadline.
I've enjoyed it, and found the length of time good.

LadyEna
06-04-15, 01:14 PM
Actually this was the 1st event in RS2 I was able to finish.

lnztrekfan
06-04-15, 02:07 PM
I may be wrong about the 5 mastery spices I could have misread the little pic that popped up.

luna2cute
06-04-15, 10:51 PM
Sad. 17 hours left. Almost finished second to last task, yoghurt and scones to level 3. Thought I just had to make sandwiches etc for last task, but see I need to make more scones. Ugh. I even upgraded my pantry to get 3 sugar every 2 hours but I don't have enough time, even if I don't sleep for the next 17 hours.

I tried so hard and spent some gems and still can't finish it. :(

Congrats to those that made it!

luna2cute
06-04-15, 10:54 PM

At level 3 it said I would get some, but I placed the picture of scones on my wall and didn't get anything else. Does anyone know what it was? I thought it was mastery spice but I have none. :(

ghjvcucjb
06-05-15, 01:07 AM
Another event I am unable to finish. So far I'm batting 0. That isn't a great average if you want players to enjoy your game

psmmain
06-05-15, 05:54 AM
This is the third event I get to the last step and it is impossible to finish. They have either no consideration for people who cannot spend 24 hrs a day on iPad or they are really so greedy they force you to spend money . Also getting annoyed at constant ads for new games. They need more realistic short term challenges.

Em_storm
06-05-15, 06:36 AM
Actually this was the 1st event in RS2 I was able to finish.

Me too, though I had a bit more time to play on this one. I did think the time was rather on the short side.

melface5
06-05-15, 11:47 AM
What a joke!!!! I guess they want me to quit my job, never sleep and give up my social life in order to complete one of these challenges! I spent gems trying to speed, but there's still no hope! Literally impossible unless you have lots of gems and lots of free time! :( I liked this game at first, but am very disappointed at these ridiculous challenges.

Iconoclast1919
06-05-15, 12:07 PM
I feel the same way many others here have posted. I have not been able to complete a single challenge yet. They change the ingredients required after the challenge starts to make it even harder. The steps often require the same ingredients which slows progress to a crawl. Bugs happen and you dong get credit for the mastery spice you use, or ingredients disappear. They don't allow enough time. They purposefully make it impossible to complete unless you spend money for gems. They completely ruined to street market and refuse to fix it. I used to really like this game but not anymore. It's clear to me they are greedy and have do not listen to feedback from their customers. If they weren't so completely unfair and wronging us all the time I wouldn't have a problem spending money sometimes. Since they are completely unfair, I won't give them a dime.

catfoodie
06-05-15, 12:35 PM
I don't think that this event was too hard, I was able to finish it without using any gems. I guess it's much easier on higher levels, but if they make it too easy then higher levels will finish all events super fast and it would be super easy. I don't think that they can possibly make an event challenging enough for all levels, so it's obvious that some players find it hard and some find it easier. I think that they could make it longer, but in general I think that only progressing over time will lead to ability to complete events easier and on time.
Ps. I'm not in the game 24/7 and I have social life

username1021
06-05-15, 12:38 PM
I don't know why, but this event didn't show up for me until it had 24 hours left.

ginrae22
06-05-15, 12:40 PM
What is the last step after mastering the scones to level 3 and the parfaits?! I want to know if it's even worth it for me to use the only gems i have to skip that step since i have been collecting sugar and cream around the clock and it still has not been enough. If i do that will i even be able to finish or is this the last step and i won't have to cook anything beyond that?

sashahoney
06-05-15, 12:40 PM
Maybe in future they can give players, under level 30 an extra few days on each event?

bobbyrae
06-05-15, 12:53 PM
What is the last step after mastering the scones to level 3 and the parfaits?! I want to know if it's even worth it for me to use the only gems i have to skip that step since i have been collecting sugar and cream around the clock and it still has not been enough. If i do that will i even be able to finish or is this the last step and i won't have to cook anything beyond that?

Check the first post on this thread.

ginrae22
06-05-15, 01:02 PM
Okay. I looked but I didn't realize that last pic was the final step. no way. And No i do not think that this was a fair challenge. It's difficult to expand, buy new appliances and collect the necessary parts to even upgrade EVERYTHING so therefore even if you are a higher level it still really difficult to have enough ingredients to get through these challenges. I don't know why I bother. Every time is just a disappointment.

bobbyrae
06-05-15, 01:31 PM
Okay. I looked but I didn't realize that last pic was the final step. no way. And No i do not think that this was a fair challenge. It's difficult to expand, buy new appliances and collect the necessary parts to even upgrade EVERYTHING so therefore even if you are a higher level it still really difficult to have enough ingredients to get through these challenges. I don't know why I bother. Every time is just a disappointment.

Don't try to expand everything. Focus on upgrading your pantry so you have enough space to store various food items. Then focus on upgrading your general, butcher and vegetable stores to at least level 3 or 4. Don't focus on opening up newer stores or expanding the seafood and fruit stores just yet, and don't worry too much about expanding the market since it's ridiculously expensive to buy anything in there anyway. The garden can only be expanded when you get enough seeds and since those seeds take up space in your hardware inventory expand the garden as you can as well.

This is what I did and I have found that it allows me to complete the challenges much quicker than I could have before.

catfoodie
06-05-15, 03:10 PM
Don't try to expand everything. Focus on upgrading your pantry so you have enough space to store various food items. Then focus on upgrading your general, butcher and vegetable stores to at least level 3 or 4. Don't focus on opening up newer stores or expanding the seafood and fruit stores just yet, and don't worry too much about expanding the market since it's ridiculously expensive to buy anything in there anyway. The garden can only be expanded when you get enough seeds and since those seeds take up space in your hardware inventory expand the garden as you can as well.

This is what I did and I have found that it allows me to complete the challenges much quicker than I could have before.
I agree, veggie and general store i think the most important for challenges so far so make sense expand them, and also pantry to be able hoard things. And that will make it much easier to complete events, especially with the help of forum where people post steps ahead so you know what to hoard and what to expect!

seesters
06-05-15, 03:55 PM
Missed the last two steak and egg being finished by minutes! Just got busy and missed it . Wish there was a grace period. Oh well.

ellyse99
06-05-15, 10:44 PM
I feel the same way many others here have posted. I have not been able to complete a single challenge yet. They change the ingredients required after the challenge starts to make it even harder. The steps often require the same ingredients which slows progress to a crawl. Bugs happen and you dong get credit for the mastery spice you use, or ingredients disappear. They don't allow enough time. They purposefully make it impossible to complete unless you spend money for gems. They completely ruined to street market and refuse to fix it. I used to really like this game but not anymore. It's clear to me they are greedy and have do not listen to feedback from their customers. If they weren't so completely unfair and wronging us all the time I wouldn't have a problem spending money sometimes. Since they are completely unfair, I won't give them a dime.

I don't want to sound smug, but I've completed every one of these events since I started playing. And no, I don't spend any real money on games.

ghjvcucjb
06-06-15, 12:06 AM
I don't want to sound smug, but I've completed every one of these events since I started playing. And no, I don't spend any real money on games.

Don't worry, you don't sound smug. Just a lot of time on your hands.

ghjvcucjb
06-06-15, 12:09 AM
what a joke!!!! I guess they want me to quit my job, never sleep and give up my social life in order to complete one of these challenges! I spent gems trying to speed, but there's still no hope! Literally impossible unless you have lots of gems and lots of free time! :( i liked this game at first, but am very disappointed at these ridiculous challenges.

ita...

calilive213
06-08-15, 05:45 AM
Don't worry, you don't sound smug. Just a lot of time on your hands.

Lmao. That is how I've managed to complete them all, lol.