PDA

View Full Version : Spellbooks

Simdiva
05-31-15, 06:00 AM
I bought the wizard school today which apparently needs spell books from the library?? I'm am St level 21 and my library is fully upgraded but I have never ever seen a spell book drop, is there a reason or is there another trigger?

kittensabc
05-31-15, 06:24 AM
I bought the wizard school today which apparently needs spell books from the library?? I'm am St level 21 and my library is fully upgraded but I have never ever seen a spell book drop, is there a reason or is there another trigger?
I believe they only start dropping when you buy your first Wizards School. They can also drop from Old Thomas' house and adventures, good luck!

Simdiva
05-31-15, 06:58 AM
Yes I got one from old Thomas house thanks!!!

88silver
05-31-15, 09:27 AM
Once you buy the wizard school, it should trigger a quest to ask neighbors for students or something like that. You'll get some spellbooks from that quest. You'll also get some from the library and Old Thomas' House.

Simdiva
05-31-15, 06:17 PM
Got the quest, I guess I will need to get them from there as my library has still not dropped a dingle one and old Thomas has only given up one. I saw another thread where someone mentioned their library dropped more when it was at level four than level five but this makes no sense. I am going to assume this is just a rare drop. I am waiting on hides to finish my gazebo too those last five are ****ing me!

mreames
05-31-15, 06:27 PM
Level has nothing to do with the drops. It is definitely a rare drop. On one of my accounts, I built 10 libraries. I would hope to get at least one spell book but didn't always. Very occasionally I'd get 3 or 4 but 1, sometimes 2 was the norm. You will need tons of them as you go on, over 150 I believe, to upgrade to level 5.

Got the quest, I guess I will need to get them from there as my library has still not dropped a dingle one and old Thomas has only given up one. I saw another thread where someone mentioned their library dropped more when it was at level four than level five but this makes no sense. I am going to assume this is just a rare drop. I am waiting on hides to finish my gazebo too those last five are ****ing me!

ndtrance
06-04-15, 10:48 AM
I'm doing both this quest and how clean is your library. My level 4 library does indeed drop spell books. It just may take a while to get all you need for the upgrades.

Simdiva
06-04-15, 12:02 PM
They are slowly coming, I am up to level three now and have fourteen of twenty five, I get the odd one from the library but most seem to come from the house, likely because it collects more often. I am now debating when would be the best time to put the second school in. Suspect I should wait till I am fully upgraded. Unfortunately, I don't have the room or the coin to add more libraries as I am saving for fairly big purchases after messing up on my magic garden expansion. (Expanded one to the right first!. I am workin on the big mine now, have the space and the parts just need the coin lol

Xyn25
06-04-15, 07:27 PM
I have a level 3 Wizard School and it takes a lot of time to gather the spellbooks needed, I'd recommend you take it easy. Building another library might help, and you can also get some spellbooks from adventures.