PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Items

Army8184
05-29-15, 05:42 PM
Question: When you request items for building appliances and a neighbor sends it, do you get credit right then? It seems I don't get credit until the morning when I turn my IPad back on and start the game. I've sent over 30 requests this morning and I haven't gotten any back. Thank you.

lynniefish
05-29-15, 08:18 PM
Question: When you request items for building appliances and a neighbor sends it, do you get credit right then? It seems I don't get credit until the morning when I turn my IPad back on and start the game. I've sent over 30 requests this morning and I haven't gotten any back. Thank you.

Try closing and restarting your game...this always works for me. You can check your gifts to see if the parts are coming in, and also your news feed to see whether your requests are being accepted. I'll often see the parts in my gifts inventory but the crate won't recognize them until I restart the game...hope this helps!

Army8184
05-30-15, 03:50 AM
Thanks. I will try that!

Army8184
05-30-15, 10:24 AM
Didn't work! Lol

lynniefish
05-31-15, 10:39 AM
I forgot to mention that you can receive only 20 requested parts per day...if you send out a ton of requests, it might create a clog or backlog; it just messes up the system. That's why sometimes you'll get requests that are three or four days old. So try sending just 20 requests each day, and send them only to the neighbors who you know play throughout the day, and are helpful. Did you check the bottom of your newsfeed to see if any requests were being accepted?

Army8184
06-02-15, 04:20 PM
Thank you! Don't sure I know what you mean by the bottom of my newsfeed?

lynniefish
06-02-15, 05:20 PM
Thank you! Don't sure I know what you mean by the bottom of my newsfeed?

The newsfeed is under "Messages" on the "News" tab. It's where the gifts you receive appear; under your gifts will be any requests neighbors have sent to you; shown under that is recent tipping activity in your place, followed by neighbors who have recently accepted parts requests from you. It's a useful aid in monitoring which neighbors are being helpful to you...but only an aid, as it isn't all-inclusive and it's limited in duration.

Army8184
06-02-15, 05:51 PM
Oh okay . . . thanks! Appreciate the help!