PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Roost has Forgotten

chaben7
05-29-15, 02:06 AM
Hi, does anyone else have a problem that their forgotten roost has forgotten how to give eggs. I've had mine for about 5 months now and so far have had one manticore & one dragon. Lots of my neighbours have had two or three manty's and some another dragon'

How is this randomness calculated or have I just been unlucky in having gotten a barren roost. Grateful for any info:confused:

Korlcek
05-29-15, 02:22 AM
I'm pretty sure its int rand (void);

AnniePMH
05-29-15, 03:11 AM
Hi, does anyone else have a problem that their forgotten roost has forgotten how to give eggs. I've had mine for about 5 months now and so far have had one manticore & one dragon. Lots of my neighbours have had two or three manty's and some another dragon'

How is this randomness calculated or have I just been unlucky in having gotten a barren roost. Grateful for any info:confused:

Lol, I have the same problem, but for many more months than five...TL/Storm8, can we get new Roosts, please, thank you very much! Some drops seem to be normal 'random' like golden apples, the more you collect, the higher chance of getting a drop. Some items seem not to follow this statistical pattern, like Faerie Campfire, Berry Mound, Dragon and Manty eggs...Not a normal distribution, methinks...:rolleyes:

luna2cute
05-30-15, 12:58 PM
I also have not received any eggs in a long time. Maybe I'm tapping incorrectly on it?

;)

Anaboe
05-30-15, 03:08 PM
I bet it has something to do with the game-economics...

;)

Princessirulan1
05-30-15, 08:39 PM
Yes! Exactly this! I have one dragon and one manty. I just thought we only got one of each from the roost. You can get more? Go figure.:p

brenstal
05-31-15, 12:42 AM
I've actually gotten a couple dragon eggs within the last couple months, so it's still dropping stuff. Also, you can get Manticores from at least one of the adventures, and I think I've gotten about an equal amount of mantis from adventuring and the Roost.

jbfps116
05-31-15, 09:18 PM
Only ever gotten 1 dragon egg and 1 or 2 manticores.
Only ever got one burning ember.

KadeeDid
05-31-15, 09:44 PM
Only ever gotten 1 dragon egg and 1 or 2 manticores.
Only ever got one burning ember.

I have 6 dragon eggs waiting to hatch. Just received a burning ember after many adventures. Finally hatched all my manticores. I have lots of them.

AnniePMH
06-01-15, 07:55 AM
I'm pretty sure its int rand (void);

I'm not very good at computer programming, but I think this is a common way of simulating randomness. You would get a string of outcomes, for example: 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, where 0 represents no egg and 1 represents an egg drop. I just hope TL/Storm8 see to it that the outcomes vary, so that there aren't players who are predetermined to never get these very rare drops! Are there any computer or statistical persons here who can comment on this?:)

chaben7
06-01-15, 10:37 AM
I don't quite see how this is calculated, when I got my roost I did so at the exact same time as a neighbour, we are at the same level, got our first manty the same time, our first dragon the same time. now this neighbour has three manty's & two dragons so how is it worked out. is it random or is is pre-set

SpiritWind00
06-01-15, 02:29 PM
Totally random... Getting a burning ember for a second dragon is very rare. they may have used gems for the ember to get dragon no 2.

burritosprings
06-01-15, 05:34 PM
I have a burning ember on one account and no eggs... I have 3 eggs on another and no ember.

kittensabc
06-01-15, 06:05 PM
I'm not very good at computer programming, but I think this is a common way of simulating randomness. You would get a string of outcomes, for example: 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, where 0 represents no egg and 1 represents an egg drop. I just hope TL/Storm8 see to it that the outcomes vary, so that there aren't players who are predetermined to never get these very rare drops! Are there any computer or statistical persons here who can comment on this?:)
You are correct, drops are based on random numbers. I don't have any data on different people having varying chances of getting a rare drop, but I can say with 100 percent certainty that no one is "predetermined" to receive a given item for a given action (or number of actions).

burritosprings
06-01-15, 06:58 PM
You are correct, drops are based on random numbers. I don't have any data on different people having varying chances of getting a rare drop, but I can say with 100 percent certainty that no one is "predetermined" to receive a given item for a given action (or number of actions).

Totally agree with the above.. Think about the roll.. as in dice... some items may use the regular craps dice.. some may use some Dung and Dragon 92 sided dice... all in all its a roll.. sometimes you come up snake sometimes you come up double 6

burritosprings
06-01-15, 07:00 PM

sorry had to edit since there was double post condition going.. my wifi sucks A$$ biscuits

AnniePMH
06-01-15, 07:42 PM

Totally agree with the above.. Think about the roll.. as in dice... some items may use the regular craps dice.. some may use some Dung and Dragon 92 sided dice... all in all its a roll.. sometimes you come up snake sometimes you come up double 6

Thank you for answering!:) However, a dice generates true randomness, whereas the computer only simulate randomness. Computer programs can be caught in loops, and have glitches, if they're not executed well and controlled. This would not happen to a dice, no matter how many sides it has...:confused:

kittensabc
06-01-15, 08:34 PM
Thank you for answering!:) However, a dice generates true randomness, whereas the computer only simulate randomness. Computer programs can be caught in loops, and have glitches, if they're not executed well and controlled. This would not happen to a dice, no matter how many sides it has...:confused:
While this is not true for all storm8 games, the calculations for random drops in Castle Story are done entirely client-side. Since there is zero communication with the remote server with regard to randomization, I find it highly unlikely that the drops are anything other than completely random. Don't get me started on Dragon Story though... that's completely rigged. :p

AnniePMH
06-01-15, 09:11 PM
While this is not true for all storm8 games, the calculations for random drops in Castle Story are done entirely client-side. Since there is zero communication with the remote server with regard to randomization, I find it highly unlikely that the drops are anything other that completely random. Don't get me started on Dragon Story though... that's completely rigged. :p

I'll take your word for it, since it's you, lol! For someone who collected a lot of extra tulips during Flower Frenzy event, manouvres such as this tend to be hard to forget, although not the same thing as randomization in drops...

I have taken down the numbers every eight hours since day 10, not only is the curve nearly perfectly linear it is perfectly perfectly linear, with variation I can put down purely to differences in when I write down the numbers. I hadn't thought to extend the progression into the future but I just did and it comes out to an hour before the event ends for me. If they were going to write an algorithm they should have at least put some random variation in so that it wouldn't be so obviously fake.
...:rolleyes:

kittensabc
06-02-15, 04:10 AM
I'll take your word for it, since it's you, lol! For someone who collected a lot of extra tulips during Flower Frenzy event, manouvres such as this tend to be hard to forget, although not the same thing as randomization in drops...

...:rolleyes:
Yes, the community counter as well as the baron tent obey different rules. I have forgiven them for the community event counter, though, because it would be VERY difficult to know ahead of time exactly how many tulips/corn/sunstones they would need to make the community prizes cost. We wouldn't want to end up with something either way to easy or way too hard, so in this case an illusion is actually better for us.

Edit: Oh, and after I posted that I took a closer look and there is actually some random variation, but not enough for me to notice the first time. At least they tried!

jbfps116
06-03-15, 01:54 AM
Ironically, I just got a dragon egg !!! now to find the unfindable burning ember :<

PurpleScorpion76
06-03-15, 01:27 PM
This is the drop rate I was just talking about in a boaring problem. I've had the roost I think since autumn. I got Manty and Dragon fairly early, then another Manty about January. Then about 2 weeks ago I got 2 more Mantys and a Dragon within the space of 4 days. All kind of weird!

luna2cute
06-03-15, 02:29 PM
I want another dragon. Come on dragon egg!! (Maybe that will work.) :)

88silver
06-03-15, 02:59 PM
I've got two unhatched dragon eggs. I'll trade you a dragon egg for a burning ember.

Lyzau
06-04-15, 02:02 AM
Is it still true that the Burning Ember only drops from the Traverse the Desert Sands adventure?

tigarlilyvol
06-04-15, 03:18 AM
Yes it's still true

tito786
06-04-15, 11:51 AM
Got another dragon egg today....so total 2.
Now waiting for burning amber.

zoeee87
06-04-15, 01:13 PM
I got a burning ember today so I think they are obviously still dropping but at an extremely slow rate.