PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Skeptacular
05-28-15, 01:45 PM
Is there a particular crop I can harvest, or any other actions, that's more likely to attract skunkupines? I get a lot of fang beasts, but I need the skunkupine tails...

Also, do golden apples only fall from apple trees? It seems like an awful lot of gems to spend to get one...

mreames
05-28-15, 01:53 PM
Golden apples also have the possibility (all rare) of dropping from the magic garden, desert sands and feral adventures and sir piggy but I presume you want one for sir piggy. ;) I I don't know if I left anything out.

Corn, tomatoes, felllora plants, any pink animals (including wedding alicorn and pinkie), I know for sure can spawn skunkupines or lovecupines. I'm leaving out a plant or two because I can't remember about wheat and sugar cane.

Is there a particular crop I can harvest, or any other actions, that's more likely to attract skunkupines? I get a lot of fang beasts, but I need the skunkupine tails...

Also, do golden apples only fall from apple trees? It seems like an awful lot of gems to spend to get one...

Liloze
05-28-15, 02:01 PM
Wheat, sugar cane, tending or watering flowers, spawn skunkupines as well :)

burritosprings
05-28-15, 02:28 PM
the Hearty Feast adventure gave me a Apple tree today

mreames
05-28-15, 02:49 PM
the Hearty Feast adventure gave me a Apple tree today

Are you sure it wasn't dark caves, desert sands or feral adventure? I thought the hearty feast just gave lemon trees or has that changed?

Skeptacular
05-28-15, 03:54 PM
Thanks folks, I've got a few skunkupines harvesting corn, but in typical game style they've stopped giving tails when I beat them up! So frustrating.

mreames
05-28-15, 04:07 PM
Thanks folks, I've got a few skunkupines harvesting corn, but in typical game style they've stopped giving tails when I beat them up! So frustrating.

Yes, it's a numbers game. ;) they will drop eventually.

shambalaya
05-29-15, 03:13 AM
Golden apples also drop from fruit exchange with Belladonna

TwiWoods
05-29-15, 08:23 PM
My Magic garden has dropped 2 golden apples this week. Those 2 are the only 2 that have dropped from the garden since I got it. The other 9 have been from the apple tree and maybe 1 from Sir Piggles.

Skeptacular
05-31-15, 12:58 PM
Yes, it's a numbers game. ;) they will drop eventually.

Unfortunately 'eventually' is a lot longer than the 4 days the adventure allows. 3 days of trying every trick mentioned and I've managed to get 7 of the 15 tails required.

kittensabc
05-31-15, 03:23 PM
Unfortunately 'eventually' is a lot longer than the 4 days the adventure allows. 3 days of trying every trick mentioned and I've managed to get 7 of the 15 tails required.They have a 1/25 chance of spawning from any of the aforementioned places, just keep trying. :)

mreames
05-31-15, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately 'eventually' is a lot longer than the 4 days the adventure allows. 3 days of trying every trick mentioned and I've managed to get 7 of the 15 tails required.

Oh wow, if you're talking about the latest goals, don't do them. Save your rat tails for other things. The only rewards for doing those goals are 2 simple glues, 3 wooden beams and 3 stone blocks. Easier to make on your own! They are optional goals.

VanaCatu
06-01-15, 05:15 AM
check this nugget (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts) for beast spawning etc...
tending flowers and chopping trees also calls skunks. but trees can also attract fangs.

VanaCatu
06-01-15, 05:18 AM
Oh wow, if you're talking about the latest goals, don't do them. Save your rat tails for other things. The only rewards for doing those goals are 2 simple glues, 3 wooden beams and 3 stone blocks. Easier to make on your own! They are optional goals.

are u sure? for me, this goal is looking like introduction into some further questline to be announced this week or next one...

so for good order sake i'm always doing timed goals first. basic goals won't go anywhere :)

mreames
06-01-15, 08:06 AM
I'm positive and it's been verified. See thread about those goals. They are/were optional and many chose to not do them since the resources given were far more than those received. I did it just because I was full on everything that had to be given and can easily restock but many chose to ignore it, even those that could restock easily.

are u sure? for me, this goal is looking like introduction into some further questline to be announced this week or next one...

so for good order sake i'm always doing timed goals first. basic goals won't go anywhere :)

bluew679
06-02-15, 10:29 AM
yes i agree about the apple dropping i do not pay for extra gems or coins i do not like that but i do think other buildings should drop them like the golen apple and etc