PDA

View Full Version : The virtue of coins ... Or not?

amiableal
05-26-15, 08:25 PM
At level 57, soon 58, I've piled up more coins than I can use. I have all allowable buildings, all limits for trees and plots. In order to increase livestock to the limit, I need more documents in order to expand to provide for additional pens and animals.
My point is this: at many levels, coins are essential for buying production facilities to max you're allowed--and that's the best way to spend them. I've seen many players advise avoiding all deliveries (plane, train, balloon), but plane and train both provide expansion documents (not often available in the newspaper or shops). Relying on higher coin value for selling in your shop to those willing to buy high and sell low to make their deliveries seems in the long run short-sighted. This may depend on overall conception of your farm, whether warehoused agribusiness or a working family farm. I weigh in on the latter. My final word: gems matter far more than coins. And I've never bought them. There still is a game-playing attitude incorporating patience to make the farm successful. Come visit! I like my farm!

JustKay
05-31-15, 11:32 PM
Lol, your post question turned out to be more like a statement :D

As you described, I am one of those low XP player. I purposely limit my XP grow and level advancement to keep the number of unlocked items in my game at the most minimum. This means in the wheel of fortune that is the newspaper, there is a higher probability that expansion parts and upgrade items (and rarer event items) appear (especially in Stormie's shop). It's also easier to fulfill train orders that produce gems. I think the benefits of a more favourable newspaper outweigh the few parts you might get from filling plane deliveries all day long.

As such in-game money was never an important part of my game. After a certain point you don't really need to purchase more buildings or even extra animal pens. I have enough coins to purchase occasional items I might need, but this is largely from treating my roadside stall as an extension of my barn\silo inventory.

reewinder
06-01-15, 10:11 AM
I spent almost a million coins on the last event on those paper lanterns in order to reach the points needed to get the baby fawn/deer. All that lantern oil people were selling was so readily available and I had so many coins I wasn't even using. Coins can come in handy for events.

jim23cash
06-01-15, 11:52 AM
I am a (relatively) new player, just reached level 34, and hardly ever have any money! I'm mostly selling in the shop now, otherwise I could never afford a building. And it seems a bit cheap to have a daily bonus of 2 or 3 figures when buildings are at least 5 figures, trees and bushes 4 figures.... Just sayin. :D
I'm sure I'll get to the point where I have enough money, but it seems like they could make things cheaper in the beginning.

LonePudding
06-01-15, 02:21 PM
I'm sure I'll get to the point where I have enough money, but it seems like they could make things cheaper in the beginning.

I've had this game for many months, only now have I really become interested in it. Hopefully one day I'll have piles of coins, but these beginning levels are so rough! I'm level 16, and for the whole game so far, I've been fluncusting between 1-2, or if I'm lucky 3 thousand coins. Affording anything is a hassle. Purchases from my side shop are quite rare, and my addiction of buying anything I see in the newspaper isn't helping much either! I seriously wonder how you high level farmers ever reached that high with these high priced buildings!

jigsaw75
06-01-15, 08:44 PM
I've had this game for many months, only now have I really become interested in it. Hopefully one day I'll have piles of coins, but these beginning levels are so rough! I'm level 16, and for the whole game so far, I've been fluncusting between 1-2, or if I'm lucky 3 thousand coins. Affording anything is a hassle. Purchases from my side shop are quite rare, and my addiction of buying anything I see in the newspaper isn't helping much either! I seriously wonder how you high level farmers ever reached that high with these high priced buildings!

It took a lot of selling items in the newspaper. One way for your items to sell faster is to expand your store. I have so many neighbors that I cannot see anyone who has fewer than 4-5 items for sale. Another way is to wait a minute or two before putting out your next item. This way, your item has a chance to get into the newspaper. Ciarjen had a whole thread on how to buy and sell somewhere on this forum.

The more buildings and farm animals you have, the more goods you can sell. I have over 100k in coins but need over 200k for the ice creamery and 50k for each additional fruit tree. I am currently "poor".