PDA

View Full Version : How many Gifts & Request per day

KimWill
05-25-15, 06:12 PM
How many gifts can you send per day?
How many gifts can you receive per day?
Do declined gifts count as a received gift?
How many Parts Requests can be received per day?
Do quests that tell you to ask for something count as a parts request?

Moderator please answer and sticky this.

kvoeller
05-26-15, 09:12 AM
How many gifts can you send per day?
There is no limit to the amount of gifts you can send per day. You can only send each neighbor one gift per day, but as you can have an unlimited number of neighbors there is no limit to the amount you can send. If you are asking this because you receive the "oh, darn. We were unable to send gifts to your friends...." message, that means that your neighbors have already received their 20 gifts for the day.

How many gifts can you receive per day?
You can receive 20 gifts per day. Parts requests are not included in this.

Do declined gifts count as a received gift?
They shouldn't. However, numerous players have complained for years about declining gifts and still not receiving their 20 gifts for the day. PepperWoo has suggested on a few different threads that this is because the gifts were declined too fast, so the game wasn't registering the decline. They key is to wait 5-10 seconds after you decline and gift before declining another, or you can do something to get that "processing" message, which means your game is syncing to the server. When I decline gifts, I usually delete messages from my wall or visit a neighbor or someone from the community in between declines.

How many Parts Requests can be received per day?
Only 20 of your neighbors can accept parts requests per day. So potentially you can receive up to 40 gifts a day in you receive 20 gifts and send 20 parts requests. If you send out more than 20 requests, only the first 20 will make it that day. The rest will be carried over to the next day, and so on. If you are sending out more than 20 requests every day, the system will get overloaded and you will not receive your parts.

Do quests that tell you to ask for something count as a parts request?
Indeed they do. I try to keep an eye on the current goal thread so I can plan my requests accordingly. For example, in the last quest we had to ask for 16 parts (10 blankets and 6 packing tape or vice versa) so I sent out the 16 requests to neighbors I know will answer then I sent 4 requests for oven parts.

kripzcafe
05-26-15, 07:59 PM
How many gifts can you send per day? Unlimited (As in you can send 1 gift to any amount of neighbors you want. 10, 100, 1000. all.)
How many gifts can you receive per day? 20
Do declined gifts count as a received gift? Nope
How many Parts Requests can be received per day? 20
Do quests that tell you to ask for something count as a parts request? Yeah

sally_brown
05-26-15, 08:12 PM
Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pending gifts count against your 20, so declined gifts only don't count after you decline them. That is, if you have 20 gifts waiting to be accepted, your 21st neighbor won't be able to send you a gift. And if you went and declined all of the pending gifts, that 21st gift isn't queued up like the parts requests are. You wouldn't automatically get it. You wouldn't get another gift until one was sent.

bobbyrae
05-26-15, 08:21 PM
Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pending gifts count against your 20, so declined gifts only don't count after you decline them. That is, if you have 20 gifts waiting to be accepted, your 21st neighbor won't be able to send you a gift. And if you went and declined all of the pending gifts, that 21st gift isn't queued up like the parts requests are. You wouldn't automatically get it. You wouldn't get another gift until one was sent.

The 21st gifter would receive a message that he is not able to send the gift as they have received their maximum number of gifts that day. If the player declined pending gifts and the 21st gifter tried to send the gift again then the gift SHOULD go through as SHOULD 19 other neighbours (other than those whose gifts were declined) be able to send through gifts. This is what should happen. What happens in practice may vary.

KimWill
05-26-15, 09:00 PM
Thank you all very much

Bakerling
05-27-15, 02:33 AM
STRANGE THING HAPPENED TODAY ABOUT THE GIFT
27 May 2015. I am very confused about the gift receive today at game reset. I thought we are able to receive 20 gifts everyday at game reset. But today I can only receive 10 gifts and my neighbours told me that My gift is maxed for today. Some of my neighbours also start to face the same problem as me. Could someone please help us with this gift receive problem. Thanks.

PepperWoo
05-27-15, 03:36 AM
STRANGE THING HAPPENED TODAY ABOUT THE GIFT
27 May 2015. I am very confused about the gift receive today at game reset. I thought we are able to receive 20 gifts everyday at game reset. But today I can only receive 10 gifts and my neighbours told me that My gift is maxed for today. Some of my neighbours also start to face the same problem as me. Could someone please help us with this gift receive problem. Thanks.

Yes! I had the same problem today and wasn't sure how to explain it cause it's very weird! It's not that I only received 10 gifts, rather it's like my news feed only shows the last 10 gifts on queue but whatever was sent to me in excess that I haven't accepted/rejected yet all disappeared and went to limbo immediately, even when I was checking my game so often during reset time. In the end I only managed to receive 16 gifts on BS and 14 gifts on RS before I got maxed out. :mad:

ojapple96
05-27-15, 04:36 AM
The 21st gifter would receive a message that he is not able to send the gift as they have received their maximum number of gifts that day. If the player declined pending gifts and the 21st gifter tried to send the gift again then the gift SHOULD go through as SHOULD 19 other neighbours (other than those whose gifts were declined) be able to send through gifts. This is what should happen. What happens in practice may vary.

If you decline a neighbors gift they can then send you another. That's happened when I've sent someone the wrong part and told them to decline and let me know I'll resend the one they had requested/wanted and it works fine. I've been on the receiving end of this too. Usually I only do this with neighbors I know well.

PepperWoo
05-27-15, 04:46 AM
If you decline a neighbors gift they can then send you another. That's happened when I've sent someone the wrong part and told them to decline and let me know I'll resend the one they had requested/wanted and it works fine. I've been on the receiving end of this too. Usually I only do this with neighbors I know well.

That's odd. When I send someone the wrong part and they actually received it but declined, I won't be able to gift them again until next reset. The only time I can try to gift again is what bobbyrae posted.

kima65
05-27-15, 04:43 PM
Hey why did I only get 10 gifts today, don't rip me off TL

KadeeDid
05-27-15, 06:23 PM
My neighbours have been saying they are only receiving 10 gifts.

bobbyrae
05-27-15, 07:42 PM
Hey why did I only get 10 gifts today, don't rip me off TL

Yep. There's something amiss with the gift system. Let's just hope this isn't a deliberate change to the game to balance the economy of the game and to provide a fun and engaging experience that everyone can enjoy for a long time.

bobbyrae
05-28-15, 04:37 AM

That's odd. When I send someone the wrong part and they actually received it but declined, I won't be able to gift them again until next reset. The only time I can try to gift again is what bobbyrae posted.

That is odd indeed. I even tested it this morning with my second account. I wasn't able to send a second part after it was declined.

kvoeller
05-28-15, 09:51 AM
That is odd indeed. I even tested it this morning with my second account. I wasn't able to send a second part after it was declined.

I've tested this as well and it doesn't work. Once a gift has been sent that gift button is grayed out until reset.

ojapple96
05-28-15, 12:48 PM
I've tested this as well and it doesn't work. Once a gift has been sent that gift button is grayed out until reset.

I'm on iOS not sure if that makes a difference it's been awhile since I did this so maybe it doesn't work anymore

bobbyrae
05-28-15, 01:45 PM
I'm on iOS not sure if that makes a difference it's been awhile since I did this so maybe it doesn't work anymore

I'm on both ios and android and it has not been the case since i started playing unfortunately. If it was working for you then it probably was a bug in the system which, no doubt, has been squashed by now. :rolleyes:

kjbrogren
05-29-15, 05:28 AM
Yes! I had the same problem today and wasn't sure how to explain it cause it's very weird! It's not that I only received 10 gifts, rather it's like my news feed only shows the last 10 gifts on queue but whatever was sent to me in excess that I haven't accepted/rejected yet all disappeared and went to limbo immediately, even when I was checking my game so often during reset time. In the end I only managed to receive 16 gifts on BS and 14 gifts on RS before I got maxed out. :mad:

Pepper this also happened to me. So I decided to go into my BS Halloween 2012 version I have on my tablet and there was the rest of my gifts.... its cuz the new yoga cafe edition has a new oven. My nbrs were gifting me the wooden bowl and lotus but I could only see those gifts in this game and not the Poets Cafe cuz I don't have the updated version. So If anyone has an older verision that they can use check it out. I got that version from Amazon apps.

PepperWoo
05-29-15, 06:08 AM
Pepper this also happened to me. So I decided to go into my BS Halloween 2012 version I have on my tablet and there was the rest of my gifts.... its cuz the new yoga cafe edition has a new oven. My nbrs were gifting me the wooden bowl and lotus but I could only see those gifts in this game and not the Poets Cafe cuz I don't have the updated version. So If anyone has an older verision that they can use check it out. I got that version from Amazon apps.

Yeah I was aware of the yoga parts not showing up on the Poet's Cafe version but this issue is a different thing, a lot of people have also reported the same on this thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81931-PLS-HELP!-10-gifts-are-missing-from-my-gifts-list I believe it's not os-specific as I was using my iPhone that time and I still didn't get my full 20 gift limit. I think it may be already fixed though but I'm not sure cause the mods haven't confirmed it and since that bug happened, I've been careful not to let my gifts list reach 10 so I can't check myself lest I lose gifts again lol.

twospoons
02-03-18, 02:21 PM
So I have a theory I can neither prove nor disprove, maybe someone else can.

I don't think you can get more than 10 requests from your neighbors at one time.

Here's my reasoning: I once had a ton of active neighbors in RS, and right when a goal opened, I only had ten neighbors asking me for items. Could easily be a coincidence, so if anyone has ever seen more than that, please let me know. But if gifts and news feed notifications are limited, I don't see why requests wouldn't be. Could also explain why some people don't get requests filled--it's not that you're sending out more than 20, it's that your neighbors have already gotten 10.

But I can't figure out what happens after 10. Because we've all seen where you accept all the requests in your feed, and then an extra one from 3 days ago suddenly pops up. Is it that once you've accepted, they're cleared, leaving room for any requests waiting in the wings somewhere? Which requests are waiting?

Anyway, thoughts?

sgoetzinger99
02-03-18, 06:48 PM
Interesting theory, twospoons, and one I've never thought about. I'll start watching this, but off the top of my head, I'd say you're right. It would explain why some (excellent) neighbors report that they got my request 8, 10, or 12 hours after I sent it. It might also explain why I'm getting 3-day old requests from neighbors who know better than to "clog the queue".
Come to think of it, I don't remember ever seeing >10 requests on my newsfeed, if that many.
Let's do some detective work!

kayjco
02-03-18, 11:37 PM
I have no idea, but I know that neighbors I trust have reported not receiving requests I've sent.

I've not received requests sent to me. Sometimes I **** my phone all the way and turn it all back on, so I know the game has been refreshed. Still, same result.

Since I accept all requests as soon as I see them, I don't know how many I get in any time period. I'll start looking.

Nancy Drew and The Case Of The Unfulfilled Requests.

kayjco
02-04-18, 06:57 AM
Interesting theory, twospoons, and one I've never thought about. I'll start watching this, but off the top of my head, I'd say you're right. It would explain why some (excellent) neighbors report that they got my request 8, 10, or 12 hours after I sent it. It might also explain why I'm getting 3-day old requests from neighbors who know better than to "clog the queue".
Come to think of it, I don't remember ever seeing >10 requests on my newsfeed, if that many.
Let's do some detective work!What your ID

sgoetzinger99
02-04-18, 08:26 AM
What your ID

Hat really did make me laugh out loud!

sgoetzinger99
02-04-18, 08:26 AM
Hat really did make me laugh out loud!

"That"

Dreamear
02-05-18, 01:21 PM
Today, 2/5/17 I had an issue with gifts. 1st in total I had 18 gifts waiting & neighbors were receiving a message saying I was full & could not receive gifts. I deleted most of the gifts because I have built the 1st oven. So I have 7 gifts total. I waited between declines & did something else. Twice I exited the game after 1 delete. Neighbors are still getting the message my gifts are full.

I have yet to send out gifts to everyone because I wanted to see if it would resolve itself. It has not.

I'm not sure what to do now but I wanted to report it because this is not the 1st time I haven't received 20 gifts even when I accept all.

Thank you & have a great day.

baker9081
02-06-18, 05:31 AM
I counted all my gifts for today and they were 20. I declined an oven element and received a red potion a couple of minutes later. Mine is working fine.

VanaCatu
02-09-18, 03:02 AM
it's easier to check when the goal starts, due to massive requests. i missed this topic for bs, so i decided to check for rs where goals started only 2 days ago.

so, yesterday, i got in total 13 requests, and only one of them was 13hrs old and i got him after reset. other 12 came in due time (same day).

however, yes, it seems strange, why not 20? the goals are just started, everybody are building like crazy...

i can say for sure that i'm getting 20 of what i am ASKING:
most of the times, i need only newly introduced parts for goal;
and recently we need 10 of them for first appliance.
i'm easy building 4 ovens during first day, which means i'm getting 40 parts: 20 gifts + 20 requests.

moreover, i recently found out that "yesterday" gifts that you're accepting "today" don't count into those 20! :)
so, now, when the goals are starting at night time for me, it goes even better: i'm openning the goals after reset (10am my time), checking / accepting gifts sent to me before reset, and have a room for "today"-s gifts 20 plus that stupid "ask neighbors for 6-9 smthing" :)

but about requests i am GETTING... yes, it needs more observations i guess. will try next time when 15days goal starts in bs.

sometimes i think i'm not getting much because my time differs a lot from many of my neighbors: it's 7 to 10 hrs more than in US, so i think they are actively exchanging while i'm sleeping, that's why i'm not getting that much in the morning...

sgoetzinger99
02-10-18, 08:14 AM
Results in the past 5 days:
I never have more than 5 requests waiting for me in the morning. Since reset is at 3AM my time, when I'm sleeping, morning is when I find the most requests. When a goal starts, I never have more than 10 requests right away. The "sent 3 days ago" requests seem to dribble in at odd hours.

Dreamear
02-14-18, 03:15 PM
This is a very interesting thread and one I never thought about. I went to the game guide and it says we should receive 20 requests... at least that is how I read it.

From the Game Guide:
"Requests
You can send parts requests to ask your neighbours to help to build your appliances or task requests for their help during goals. You can send as many requests as you like per game day but your neighbours can only accept 20 of your requests. If you send more than 20 requests today, the remainder of your requests will carry to the next game day. Although there's no limit to how many requests you can send each day, take note not to jam up your request queue and cause a delay in the response time, especially during time sensitive goal period."

I'll pay attention during the next goal & count how many total requests I receive in a day & let everyone know.

twospoons
02-15-18, 01:27 AM
Well, no, that's the thing we always talk about (we being players who use the forums a lot), a known issue: if you send more than 20 requests per day, only 20 of your neighbors will receive them, and the other requests (or the next 20, if you asked for more than 40 things) will get to your neighbors tomorrow. We should receive 20 parts from our requesting per day, if we have good neighbors. But what's our rate of being good neighbors, and accepting others' requests? That’s my current question.

But yes please, do count! Today or tomorrow is a new goal, so we should all be getting bunches of requests, unless it's for a rereleased oven everyone already has. Report back how many you got, and then if you got them at different times please. Like, did you open your game, hit accept 10 times, and that was all you saw all day? Or did you accept 10 requests and then when you came back you had 10 more waiting? Or maybe you had more than 10 at once and my whole theory is shot.

Bonus points if you count how many are in your queue, waiting to be accepted, before you start actually accepting! Just in case.

sgoetzinger99
02-16-18, 12:00 PM
This short goal isn't a good one for testing your theory, because the majority of my neighbors already have the ovens in storage. I only received 2 requests first thing this morning, and have filled one more since then.

Dreamear
02-17-18, 05:26 PM
Ok... yesterday I woke up with 12 requests but only had 3 more.

Today I woke up with 7 and have had 12 total.

I understand thee request thing with sending goals out & being careful to not jam my queue but the way I read that sentence sounds like my neighbor can only recieve 20 requests... which makes me wonder what happens to the requests sent to me but I don't see.

There is a S8 question forum. I'll ask there & see if there is a limit. If there's a limit, it sounds like something's up that we aren't receiving the max material requests we should.

Happy Baking! :)

twospoons
02-18-18, 03:38 AM
This short goal isn't a good one for testing your theory, because the majority of my neighbors already have the ovens in storage. I only received 2 requests first thing this morning, and have filled one more since then.

Yeah, I didn't come anywhere near even 10 requests per day. Next goal!

Ok... yesterday I woke up with 12 requests but only had 3 more.

Today I woke up with 7 and have had 12 total.

Hmm...a definite ding in my theory. Did you count the 12 before you accepted any, or did you count while you were accepting?

Dreamear
02-20-18, 09:55 PM
Hmm...a definite ding in my theory. Did you count the 12 before you accepted any, or did you count while you were accepting?

I counted before but seriously weird thing... I went the other day and posted asking about this. So today when I opened BS I had a ton of requests. I stopped counting when I accepted over 30 requests. I've NEVER had that many requests ever. I really think it had something to do with my complaint/ question. I think someone else should try & see if anything happens.

This is what I posted over at tge bugs & issues form. No one answered but I saw an immediate difference.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103233-Question-about-Material-Requests

VanaCatu
02-21-18, 12:28 AM
ok, here's what i found, and this is interesting.

yesterday before goals i got just one request, and it was day-to-day.

then i entered around 3hrs after the goal started, and i got exactly 10 requests for dust, they came during those 3hrs.

it took abt an hour time to make my own preparations for goals, but no more requests came during that hour...

this morning i entered, and got 5 more requests for dust came overnight while i was offline.

i built ovens, put the dishes to cook, and entered in one hour - got 2 more requests for dust came during this hour.

after one more hour, i came to serve my dishes and found 2 requests for new spare part, they came during last hour.

so i counted, 1+10+5+2+2, found that i accepted whole 20 day-to-day requests during this day, and decided to check if i can get more.

i have 2 spare account that are over level 12 (goals accessible), and sent the dust request to myself.

and... tada! i've got them!

which means, we can accept more than 20 per day!

(i have already got 22, and i am really upset that i have no other ways to check if i can get more... still 30mins until server switches the day, maybe i'll get some more...
but you are right, i doubt that i ever seen 10 AT ONCE...)

also, thanks to this thread, i've finally checked the theory that we can get 20 helps per day +1 _additional_ from stormie:

i declined all useless gifts & got my 9 dusts in the evening, and this morning i've built 3 ovens (means, 39 new things i got).
AND - now i have 2 more details in stock for 4rth oven.
which means, during this day i've got 41 new things, and not 40!

twospoons
02-21-18, 03:42 AM
Okay, so here's my experiment, with apologies to my neighbors:

I accepted all requests right before reset, then sent myself 3 requests as quickly as I could, then gave it a few minutes and went into my main account. I had 10 requests, but only accepted one because that neighbor had been faster than me. So then I waited another short while and when I went back my request was gone, without my ever having accepted or declined it.

I accepted a couple more to put myself at the bottom again (I was working on the theory that oldest requests would disappear first). So then I had 2 from myself, plus 5 more after them. (I'd accepted 4 at that point.) The next time I went in, my 2 were still there, but there were only 3 others!

Edited: okay, my 3rd & final request from myself has disappeared, even though I only have 8 requests in the queue right now. (The other 3 that stuck around are still there, plus 5 newer ones, but not the 2 that vanished earlier.) So now I'm going to go accept all so that I'm not annoying too many people.

Marischa764
02-21-18, 04:57 AM
Okay, so here's my experiment, with apologies to my neighbors:

I accepted all requests right before reset, then sent myself 3 requests as quickly as I could, then gave it a few minutes and went into my main account. I had 10 requests, but only accepted one because that neighbor had been faster than me. So then I waited another short while and when I went back my request was gone, without my ever having accepted or declined it.

I accepted a couple more to put myself at the bottom again (I was working on the theory that oldest requests would disappear first). So then I had 2 from myself, plus 5 more after them. (I'd accepted 4 at that point.) The next time I went in, my 2 were still there, but there were only 3 others!

So I'm not sure if that indicates that requests disappear if you don't accept them at the first available opportunity?

they do sometimes disappear, but may appear next day after game reset or maybe not, also i noticed you can decline old request from one person, just to get new request from this same person, it's how it works for me if i decide to use my 2nd account

sgoetzinger99
02-21-18, 08:15 AM
I had 6 requests this morning (I'm on EST)...I counted them before filling them. Just went back in and I had 4 more.

VanaCatu
02-21-18, 09:20 AM
(I was working on the theory that oldest requests would disappear first)

actually, i'm starting to think that this theory is correct.

i've faced before with such a "casus": i enter the game, see 5 requests, and while i'm accepting first four, the last one just disappears!..
--------------------------------------------------------

i've also faced with another one: they say, when we get all 20 helps (+1 from stormie), then our requests excess (if any) falls to the next day.
so, i've got used to that old requests normally appear when the server switches the day.
BUT from time to time they pop-up just in the middle of day!

and here's the third one that i faced with just now.

yesterday, i've sent out 9 requests for dust, and 142 requests for gear.
as i said, by reset i had all my 21 requests filled properly.
so, after reset, i missed only 8 gears for my 4th oven.

i didn't request anything today, i just accepted 8 gears from gifts, and then started to decline gifts with gear, and to accept only gifts with nozzle.

when 7 (seven) hours after reset passed, i had ZERO gears in my inventory!
which means none of my 130 yesterday's "excess" gear requests have been gotten by my neighbors!

and now, after 8 hours from reset, one of my news board messages said "your neighbor accepted your request 24 minutes ago".
i checked my inventory again, and now i have 3 gears.

means, your theory seems to be right and explains many things.

newer requests come first.

older requests fly somewher in space until... which moment? here's where i'm still lost.

sgoetzinger99
02-21-18, 09:19 PM
My grand total for the day was 10. Since it's the beginning of a goal, and since I'm known as a neighbor who fills requests quickly, I would have thought I'd get a lot more requests.
So I'm at a loss here as to any possible conclusions.

sgoetzinger99
02-22-18, 02:01 PM
I received 10 requests right off the bat in RS, and have since gotten 4 more. That's 14 for the day so far.

VanaCatu
02-22-18, 02:50 PM
here is my log of requests i got during yesterday, 21/feb:

https://vanacatu.000webhostapp.com/games/bs/upd/BS180221ReqLog.png

really, thank you, twospoons! i never realized before that i'm getting so many requests! they come in so small portions, i just always tap "accept", and until now i truly believed that magical number "20" also applies to them!

i stated PST time, it's comfortable to count from game day reset.

during abt 20hrs, i accepted 33 requests.
and they all were day-to-day, none of them was old.
i'm sure i cd've got more if i wdn't get so tired from the party i had last night and stayed non-sleep during next 4.5hrs until game reset, lol ))))

AND! still, i have only 4 new gears in my inventory (+1 to yesterday's result).
i'm still declining gear gifts, only accepting nozzles.
means, 126 of my "exceed" requests from day-before-yesterday are still flying somewhere...
now i'm just curious how long will they stay alive.

peppy903
02-22-18, 03:04 PM
Well today RS started new goal... I write all my requests that I receive down in notebook, so far 14, but on the other hand I have only received 6 back...kind of curious that sgoetzinger99 and myself would have the exact same amount of requests in RS...?

Lurker2
02-23-18, 10:56 PM
here is my log of requests i got during yesterday, 21/feb:

https://vanacatu.000webhostapp.com/games/bs/upd/BS180221ReqLog.png

really, thank you, twospoons! i never realized before that i'm getting so many requests! they come in so small portions, i just always tap "accept", and until now i truly believed that magical number "20" also applies to them!

i stated PST time, it's comfortable to count from game day reset.

during abt 20hrs, i accepted 33 requests.
and they all were day-to-day, none of them was old.
i'm sure i cd've got more if i wdn't get so tired from the party i had last night and stayed non-sleep during next 4.5hrs until game reset, lol ))))

AND! still, i have only 4 new gears in my inventory (+1 to yesterday's result).
i'm still declining gear gifts, only accepting nozzles.
means, 126 of my "exceed" requests from day-before-yesterday are still flying somewhere...
now i'm just curious how long will they stay alive.

The magical number "20" may be the maximum number of requests at one time.

I think the servers hold on to the "exceed" requests for 6 to 7 days, and deletes them after that point.

VanaCatu
02-24-18, 07:50 AM
The magical number "20" may be the maximum number of requests at one time.
no, i think 20 applies only to what you can get (helps and gifts).
but it seems to be no limit of what you can give (you can send gifts to all yr nbrs no matter how many of them you have, and apparently, you can fill many-many their requests per day).

I think the servers hold on to the "exceed" requests for 6 to 7 days, and deletes them after that point.
yes, this sounds reasonable. maybe when the server sees that you request nothing from your guys during next couple of days, he "decides" that you have everything you need so far, and keeps your old requests reserved in order to give place to those players who still needs something.

i anyhow keep checking on this.

i usually build 4x new machines of a kind during goals, so i only send requests 3 times:
1) ask 9 "smth"
2) request for new part for 1st machine to all others who are not those first 9
3) ask 6 "smt" - i ask same ppl who helped with 9 "smth".

i keep declining gifts with gear needed for 1st machine, so i can tell fur sure that all gears in my inventory are only from those "exceed" requests from first day.

so far, i have only 4 gears - same as 2 days ago.
126 of my "exceed" requests are still somewhere "in the air", and i'm gonna keep checking how many of them will "fall down" when one week from goal start will pass :)

twospoons
02-24-18, 08:04 AM
I'm still waiting for the 3 requests I made of myself but never answered to pop up again!

sgoetzinger99
02-24-18, 08:17 AM
I have never received 20 requests in one day, but then, I don't have hundreds of neighbors.
My question:More than once, I have watched a request disappear right before my eyes. Why? Where do they go?

VanaCatu
02-24-18, 08:26 AM
I have never received 20 requests in one day, but then, I don't have hundreds of neighbors.
My question:More than once, I have watched a request disappear right before my eyes. Why? Where do they go?
yep, i've seen that too.
i always thought that while i was accepting other requests came in same time, someone just reached his "max 20 helps per day limit" (or stormie just gave him his magical 21st help, lol )))

sgoetzinger99
02-24-18, 08:28 PM
yep, i've seen that too.
i always thought that while i was accepting other requests came in same time, someone just reached his "max 20 helps per day limit" (or stormie just gave him his magical 21st help, lol )))

But we have never been told that there's a daily limit to the requests we can fill! So the requests we can fill are limited by the number of filled requests our neighbors have received?
Example: I have 100 neighbors and get a request from all of them. None of them has had 20 requests filled that day. That means all of the 100 requests I received will be filled, and I will see all those requests.
If my 100 neighbors have all already received 20 filled requests, I cannot fill any of theirs and will not even see them (or they will disappear).
If this is true, then it means we have very little control over the requests we fill, and this whole study becomes moot.

twospoons
02-24-18, 11:21 PM
no, i think 20 applies only to what you can get (helps and gifts).
but it seems to be no limit of what you can give (you can send gifts to all yr nbrs no matter how many of them you have, and apparently, you can fill many-many their requests per day).

I still believe there has to be an upper boundary of how many requests you can have in your news feed at once waiting for your response, even though unlike gifts, once you've accepted (or declined) that many, you can get more within the same day, so the only total upper limit is the number of neighbors sending requests.

And I really want to know why requests disappear too: I can contribute that my 3rd bakery, with a request that disappeared from my queue after I saw it but didn't act on it, only has my bakeries & stormie as neighbors, so there's no way for it ever to have 20 requests filled. But if there's no limit on received requests, why bother to have it disappear? If there is a limit to how many can display at once, I was nowhere near it.

But at least that's one lesson I've learned: if you're just jumping on to serve your food, if you don't also fulfill requests, they may be gone next time you log on, making you a bad neighbor. Which is disappointing. (I am occasionally limited by how long until the subway heads back into the tunnels, so I skip messages and just serve & quit.)

VanaCatu
02-25-18, 04:20 AM
I still believe there has to be an upper boundary of how many requests you can have in your news feed at once waiting for your response, even though unlike gifts, once you've accepted (or declined) that many, you can get more within the same day, so the only total upper limit is the number of neighbors sending requests.
i got 10 at once when i entered 3hrs after the goal started this time.
not sure if i seen more, just because i never bothered to count before :)
but i'll keep checking during next goals: first couple of goal days are the best to do that.

geordieprogman
02-25-18, 04:43 AM
And I really want to know why requests disappear too: I can contribute that my 3rd bakery, with a request that disappeared from my queue after I saw it but didn't act on it, only has my bakeries & stormie as neighbors, so there's no way for it ever to have 20 requests filled. But if there's no limit on received requests, why bother to have it disappear? If there is a limit to how many can display at once, I was nowhere near it.

On your main bakery, the one that sent out the requests. Could that have had the maximum 20 requests accepted by then? I know I have 2 bakeries, plus my wife and daughter each have 2 bakeries. I can send out my requests and if I don't get around to mine and their bakeries straight away, then I often don't get to some of them before I have all of the 20 requests filled. I've never been to one of the bakeries, saw the request, then not clicked on accept before though. I always just click accept.

twospoons
02-25-18, 10:16 PM
Sorry, that was backwards (this is a really difficult subject to write about clearly!)

What I meant was my 3rd bakery, with only 4 neighbors, asked my main bakery for an item. I saw that request but didn't respond to it, and it disappeared without any action being taken. But because it was from my no-neighbors bakery, it couldn't have been affected by that bakery receiving a full 20 requests.

A further finding: it's really hard to judge the effect of observation on this experiment. Like, did the requests that went missing from my queue only disappear because I saw them and didn't answer? So I tried not looking at one of my restaurants today for like 16 hours, starting just before reset. And although I can't guarantee anything, I believe I was missing some requests when I finally went in. There were no requests from reset time, just from 10 hours before, and I usually have some reset requests. And my other restaurant--a lot of my neighbors are neighbors in both--did have requests at reset. But there were only 7 requests, so I don't think I hit any kind of limit and started pushing earlier ones out.

geordieprogman
02-25-18, 11:53 PM
Sorry about that twospoons. I see what you mean when I've reread the post. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it to happen like that. It makes you wonder if anyone at S8 could give an answer to it.

twospoons
02-26-18, 03:07 AM
Hey, for once, my requests actually worked exactly the way I expected them to!

Shortly after reset, I had requests from A, B, C, D, E, F & G. (that's 7--A & B were from several hours before, I assume it's because they asked more than 20 people yesterday, so I was in the 2nd batch of people who saw their requests. Everyone else was current.)

I didn't respond, and went off to add my own requests. By the time I made it back, I'd gotten 5 new requests. But instead of having 12 now, I still only had 10: C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K & L. I lost the oldest 2 in favor of the newer ones.

I didn't respond again. When I checked for the 3rd time, I still only had 10, but now they were: F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N & O. Again, the oldest requests got bumped, but this time they were only a hour or so old, not from yesterday.

See, now that makes sense! Why this game isn't always so logical is beyond me.

Next question: how many neighbors have I lost by not responding to their requests while I experiment on them? (Sorry, folks.)

sgoetzinger99
02-26-18, 12:03 PM
Hey, for once, my requests actually worked exactly the way I expected them to!

Shortly after reset, I had requests from A, B, C, D, E, F & G. (that's 7--A & B were from several hours before, I assume it's because they asked more than 20 people yesterday, so I was in the 2nd batch of people who saw their requests. Everyone else was current.)

I didn't respond, and went off to add my own requests. By the time I made it back, I'd gotten 5 new requests. But instead of having 12 now, I still only had 10: C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K & L. I lost the oldest 2 in favor of the newer ones.

I didn't respond again. When I checked for the 3rd time, I still only had 10, but now they were: F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N & O. Again, the oldest requests got bumped, but this time they were only a hour or so old, not from yesterday.

See, now that makes sense! Why this game isn't always so logical is beyond me.

Next question: how many neighbors have I lost by not responding to their requests while I experiment on them? (Sorry, folks.)

Not only is the game illogical, it's also grossly unfair! And how many neighbors do we all have who think we don't fill requests?!
Fly in the ointment: I've watched requests disappear when I only had 5 to start with.

twospoons
02-26-18, 04:15 PM
Yeah, and the other day when I had some requests disappear it was not actually the oldest requests, just a couple from the middle of the queue. I think this may remain a mystery.

But at least we can give credit to the neighbors we might previously have thought were ignoring us. Now we know they just may not have gotten the request. Or they actually are ignoring us.

Purpleturtle44
03-09-18, 07:00 PM
After reading this I counted how many requests I received, 46 in total from the time I opened the game and had all new goal requests up until reset.

sgoetzinger99
03-10-18, 09:38 AM
After reading this I counted how many requests I received, 46 in total from the time I opened the game and had all new goal requests up until reset.

I don't believe that's possible.

addykatt70
03-13-18, 12:16 PM
Same here kayjco

xOxSparklingShimmerxOx
07-11-18, 12:37 PM
The other day I requested nine people for samples and the next day I came back and only one person help to me then I decided to send request to everybody and still no one is helping I know it is not normal because usually I get a few people helping me and then I use the rest of my requests for gifts for the goal it is still shows only one person helping me even though I sent all the requests to everybody on my list and everyone is saying they?re having issues as well how my supposed to move ahead with this goal if I?m stuck I know my neighbours help me because every goal I?ve never had an issue and this time I?m having an issue I know one time I I had an issue with something else where the goal restart it again but I?ve never had an issue with sending requests

MissTwilight99
07-11-18, 08:57 PM
The other day I requested nine people for samples and the next day I came back and only one person help to me then I decided to send request to everybody and still no one is helping I know it is not normal because usually I get a few people helping me and then I use the rest of my requests for gifts for the goal it is still shows only one person helping me even though I sent all the requests to everybody on my list and everyone is saying they?re having issues as well how my supposed to move ahead with this goal if I?m stuck I know my neighbours help me because every goal I?ve never had an issue and this time I?m having an issue I know one time I I had an issue with something else where the goal restart it again but I?ve never had an issue with sending requests

From my experience it seems that if you send out more than 20 material requests in ONE day, the system sometimes doesn't work and nobody receives the request until a few days later. A few other players I know have this same issue as well. So make sure you do not send out any more than 20 material requests per day.

If you haven't sent out more than 20, it may be because your neighbours have already received heaps of requests and the system isn't working properly.

All I can suggest is that you make sure you only accept the exact parts you need in gifts. Let your neighbours know what parts you need. Say if you need 7 more Gear, only accept 7 Gear gifts. Then once you have built that appliance, then see how many of each part you need and only accept that amount until you have accepted 20 gifts and you are maxed.

This is just my experience. I hope someone else may be able to offer a solution to your problem. I am also following this thread.

Happy Baking!! :love_heart:

xOxSparklingShimmerxOx
07-12-18, 03:28 AM
Thanks for your message a few other people are experiencing what I have been experiencing too I never had this before! I?m gonna have to try one more time And also I do the same thing where I except seven gifts and then save the rest of that other stuff and then complete the oven and then go from there that?s what I always have done

Rynetory2
07-12-18, 05:02 AM
This usually happens when your request queue is jammed up. Send =< 20 requests per day to avoid jamming it. You may want to stop sending for a few days to let your queue clear up before you start sending again.

See chapter Gifts & Requests in Main Guide.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98332-Bakery-Story-WIP-thread&p=1413130&viewfull=1#post1413130

baker9081
07-13-18, 04:32 AM
Is it not 21 requests permitted per day? I read somewhere that Stormie?s request doesn?t count.

AnnirasSweets
07-13-18, 01:44 PM
Is it not 21 requests permitted per day? I read somewhere that Stormie?s request doesn?t count.

I'm pretty sure that Stormie does count but there is a loophole that if you receive your twenty gifts and then ask Stormie after it acts as a bonus gift. At least, that's my understanding of it.

Azul
08-25-18, 01:58 PM
I don't believe that's possible.

I agree, I haven't seen my place receive the maximum parts that we believe we should be getting, let along more than that. I have over 250 neighbors, and have experimented by making them to send absolutely nothing to me for a week. Then when the new goal comes out I send 20 requests to the neighbors I know are completely reliable. Then they report back to me to let me know if they have received my request or not. Typically only ten (plus or minus a few) actually see my request (even though we all have queues that are theoretically empty). I then look at how many parts my goal oven show that I have and typically I only see 18 to 30 parts in total show up (my request plus the parts that my 20 reliable neighbors send me).

moma512
09-01-18, 01:27 AM
I got only 18 gifts Today too. I tried to send gift to my other account, but couldn't.

It often happens. I need a lot of parts now? Who can solve this problem?

DrDJ16
09-03-18, 04:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? This has happened to me on multiple occasions, receiving only 19 gifts. I have another account and every time I try to send a 20th gift, wouldn?t let me as max gifts sent. With lots of parts required, 1 gift means a lot.

bumblebum1
09-05-18, 02:19 AM
How exactly do you do this please. I can?t work out how to request gifts. Many thanks.

AnnirasSweets
09-05-18, 01:19 PM
How exactly do you do this please. I can?t work out how to request gifts. Many thanks.

Basically, if you're trying to build an oven or have a goal that specifies you request items you can ask your neighbors for them. It has to be someone that's on your neighbor list, so you'll want to have at least 20 active neighbors at all times since that is the limit of requests and gifts you may receive per day.

Requesting oven parts: Once you've purchased and placed the oven, it will appear as a box full of junk. Double tap the oven and you will get a pop up of what parts you need to build it. If you don't have enough parts there will be buttons beneath the part's photo that read "Ask Friends" or "Buy for 2 Gems". Simply tap the "Ask Friends" button and your Neighbor List will appear, select each neighbor you'd like to ask and press "Send." The next time your neighbors open their apps, your request will appear in their News Feed. Now all you have to do is wait to get enough parts to build the oven.

*Note: if you choose to click "Buy for 2 Gems" instead of waiting for the requests to come through, you will only be purchasing a single part, not the total amount needed to complete the oven. For example: if you need 10 Screws, you would have to click the "Buy" button 10 times, each time paying 2 gems to get one screw.*

If you're trying to request items to complete a Goal: Tap on your Goal Book, then tap on the specific goal, then click the button that says "Ask" and the rest follows the same as requesting parts. You'll get your neighbor list, select the neighbors you want to ask and click "Send".

You can only get 20 gifts and 20 requests per day so it's important that you're sure your neighbors are active so you don't waste time waiting for items from a player who has quit the game. There's a thread that outlines all the important things players should know, it's called the Bakery Story Game Guide, I'd recommend giving it a once over so you're not surprised by anything that pops up in the future.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840

bumblebum1
09-05-18, 05:06 PM
Basically, if you're trying to build an oven or have a goal that specifies you request items you can ask your neighbors for them. It has to be someone that's on your neighbor list, so you'll want to have at least 20 active neighbors at all times since that is the limit of requests and gifts you may receive per day.

Requesting oven parts: Once you've purchased and placed the oven, it will appear as a box full of junk. Double tap the oven and you will get a pop up of what parts you need to build it. If you don't have enough parts there will be buttons beneath the part's photo that read "Ask Friends" or "Buy for 2 Gems". Simply tap the "Ask Friends" button and your Neighbor List will appear, select each neighbor you'd like to ask and press "Send." The next time your neighbors open their apps, your request will appear in their News Feed. Now all you have to do is wait to get enough parts to build the oven.

*Note: if you choose to click "Buy for 2 Gems" instead of waiting for the requests to come through, you will only be purchasing a single part, not the total amount needed to complete the oven. For example: if you need 10 Screws, you would have to click the "Buy" button 10 times, each time paying 2 gems to get one screw.*

If you're trying to request items to complete a Goal: Tap on your Goal Book, then tap on the specific goal, then click the button that says "Ask" and the rest follows the same as requesting parts. You'll get your neighbor list, select the neighbors you want to ask and click "Send".

You can only get 20 gifts and 20 requests per day so it's important that you're sure your neighbors are active so you don't waste time waiting for items from a player who has quit the game. There's a thread that outlines all the important things players should know, it's called the Bakery Story Game Guide, I'd recommend giving it a once over so you're not surprised by anything that pops up in the future.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840

I don?t appear to have an Ask button on Goals. Does this appear only on specific goals.

Sebsmommy15
09-05-18, 06:32 PM
I don?t appear to have an Ask button on Goals. Does this appear only on specific goals.

Do you see this?

twospoons
09-05-18, 10:58 PM

Yes, only some goals tell you to request certain items from neighbors. Those goals (usually saying "Ask neighbors for 6 [name of item]") will have the Ask button as AnnirasSweets explained. I don't believe any of the current s'mores goal steps require you to ask for parts though, since the appliances require so many parts.

Kloroformkitten
09-23-18, 10:30 AM
I couldn't find info in this, sorry if its been answered and I missed it.

How do I use the constructable parts I've been gifted?
I have appliances waiting to be completed and I have the needed parts in my gift inventory. Clicking them just results in a dialogue box saying I can't serve constructable parts.

twospoons
09-23-18, 12:39 PM
I couldn't find info in this, sorry if its been answered and I missed it.

How do I use the constructable parts I've been gifted?
I have appliances waiting to be completed and I have the needed parts in my gift inventory. Clicking them just results in a dialogue box saying I can't serve constructable parts.

Right, clicking on parts in your inventory unfortunately doesn't give you any info. What you need to do is go to the design tab & buy the appliance you want. It will appear on your floor as a cardboard box full of parts. Tap on it, and the popup will tell you which & how many parts you still need (read AnnirasSweets message #72 in this thread for more details), and when you have them all collected, you can hit Build, and it will complete the appliance, taking the needed parts out of your inventory.

Kloroformkitten
09-23-18, 02:14 PM
Right, clicking on parts in your inventory unfortunately doesn't give you any info. What you need to do is go to the design tab & buy the appliance you want. It will appear on your floor as a cardboard box full of parts. Tap on it, and the popup will tell you which & how many parts you still need (read AnnirasSweets message #72 in this thread for more details), and when you have them all collected, you can hit Build, and it will complete the appliance, taking the needed parts out of your inventory.

Okay, I've done pretty much that, I guess I just didn't understand that the number/number indicator was already counting what's in my inventory. I assumed that my fulfilled requests and the gifts were counted separately.
Thanks!

darkangelwitch
05-26-21, 11:20 AM
Can someone answer me this after reading about the gifting and request? How are people building up to four or five stoves in one to two days? I don't get how this is being done if we're only allowed 20 gift and 20 request? Thanks in advance.

AnnirasSweets
05-26-21, 04:15 PM
Can someone answer me this after reading about the gifting and request? How are people building up to four or five stoves in one to two days? I don't get how this is being done if we're only allowed 20 gift and 20 request? Thanks in advance.

For the 15 Day Goal appliances, they're most likely trading in the collectibles for parts. Every time you start/serve a recipe on the goal appliances, it drops random collectibles which can then be traded to parts to build more goal appliances.

darkangelwitch
05-26-21, 05:26 PM
For the 15 Day Goal appliances, they're most likely trading in the collectibles for parts. Every time you start/serve a recipe on the goal appliances, it drops random collectibles which can then be traded to parts to build more goal appliances.

I understand about the collectibles parts, but still, there is no way you can build 4 to 5 stove with 20 gifts and 20 request, plus use the collectibles within a day, you would not get that many within a day to make even two stove, never 4 or five. They must be using gems right?

AnnirasSweets
05-27-21, 05:32 AM
I understand about the collectibles parts, but still, there is no way you can build 4 to 5 stove with 20 gifts and 20 request, plus use the collectibles within a day, you would not get that many within a day to make even two stove, never 4 or five. They must be using gems right?

It's totally possible without using a single gem... if you've got enough coins to waste.

Those who build lots of goal appliances quickly are most likely using the 'dump method' which is when you start a recipe but as soon as it starts cooking, you stop the recipe and immediately start a different recipe. Doing this you can accumulate A LOT of collectibles in a very short time. It does take up a lot of coins in BS because the recipe cost is significantly higher than in RS but it does work.

One thing to note is that if you're using the dump method when you've only gotten the first recipe unlocked, it works a bit differently. Since there's only one recipe that will drop collectibles, after you start cooking the recipe, you immediately store the appliance(s) then place it on your board right away and start the recipe again, so on and so forth.

A way to make this a bit less painful and avoid having to scroll through dozens of pages of appliances is once you've stored your appliance, open the goal book and open the current goal. Beside task asking you to Build 3 appliances, hit the "BUY" button which will take you directly to the needed appliance in your inventory. Just be careful you don't tap the skip button and spend gems accidentally! Doing the dump method while on the first recipe will be a bit more time consuming but it will still work just as effectively.

darkangelwitch
05-27-21, 06:28 AM
It's totally possible without using a single gem... if you've got enough coins to waste.

Those who build lots of goal appliances quickly are most likely using the 'dump method' which is when you start a recipe but as soon as it starts cooking, you stop the recipe and immediately start a different recipe. Doing this you can accumulate A LOT of collectibles in a very short time. It does take up a lot of coins in BS because the recipe cost is significantly higher than in RS but it does work.

One thing to note is that if you're using the dump method when you've only gotten the first recipe unlocked, it works a bit differently. Since there's only one recipe that will drop collectibles, after you start cooking the recipe, you immediately store the appliance(s) then place it on your board right away and start the recipe again, so on and so forth.

A way to make this a bit less painful and avoid having to scroll through dozens of pages of appliances is once you've stored your appliance, open the goal book and open the current goal. Beside task asking you to Build 3 appliances, hit the "BUY" button which will take you directly to the needed appliance in your inventory. Just be careful you don't tap the skip button and spend gems accidentally! Doing the dump method while on the first recipe will be a bit more time consuming but it will still work just as effectively.

Thank you, the reason I asked was someone had a challenge out, first person to do all the goals. On day one they had four stoves. The rules where not to use gems! So I'm was hold on what's going on here? So now you're telling me this, I see how they've been doing it and sadly in a challenge this is *****ing. If people want to do this it's fine, but not if it's meant to be a fair challenge. Thanks for getting back to me. :)

mrsmcghee33107
07-20-21, 04:35 AM
***update*** I received my 20 requests today. Squeaky wheel gets oiled I guess. LOL

Hey my fellow bakers!! :p

Anyone out there that keep track of their gifts/requests received notice that they are only getting 12 request answered a day?
The past three days have been that way for me. I am missing out on 8 parts each day. Am I the only one?