PDA

View Full Version : Expired recipes back?

gizzymobaby
05-25-15, 02:45 PM
I've just seen that somebody's bakery has 2 expired recipes, egg tarts and candy corn macaroons... am I missing something because I can't find these so how can they have them in they're expired? :S

jandtandn
05-25-15, 02:53 PM
Where did you see it? On someone's counters?

Natasha_07
05-25-15, 03:38 PM
Weren't the egg tarts retired in January 2013 or something like that. :confused:

gizzymobaby
05-25-15, 03:41 PM
Yep it was someone's counters and it's an active player too

LalaSmooth
05-25-15, 03:43 PM
If they were on android they might of used an old version that has those recipes?

gizzymobaby
05-25-15, 03:59 PM
I know that trick myself and that crossed my mind so I tried it but no they're not on there

gizzymobaby
05-25-15, 04:03 PM
I've left them a message so hopefully I'll find out! Lol. Will post here if I get an answer :-)

jandtandn
05-25-15, 04:35 PM
I bought an oven on Android and was able to make recipes on it that weren't available on iOS- but only if I cooked it on Android.

Natasha_07
05-25-15, 04:55 PM
If they were on android they might of used an old version that has those recipes?

Highly doubt it since those 2 particular recipes were retired for good.

The candy corns macaroons were sometime around 2011 (someone correct if I'm wrong) before I started playing & there were no editions for android until 2012.

GGGStar
05-25-15, 05:35 PM
I think ios used to get editions - I think the world games update came out on a new edition for ios. Maybe they were playing on that? I saw some ios editions when I was searching for android ones at one point, but I could be totally wrong!

gizzymobaby
05-26-15, 05:17 AM
All I got was a reply from them saying they cooked them a while ago but can't remember on which oven. Surely this can't be true if these have been expired for nearly 2 years and this is an active player so they would have sold out?!?

Just to clarify I play on android and I've tried the tricks of downloading old Halloween and Christmas version, they're not on there, either of the egg tarts or candy corn macaroons :-)

LalaSmooth
05-26-15, 06:09 AM
Were the candy corn macaroons just a regular recipe or from Halloween? I don't think I've ever seen them and I would love to cook them

teammaggie
05-26-15, 11:19 AM
I have candy corn macaroons. Also, I had egg tarts but just ran out. My reason is that I made a ton of them years ago but then stopped playing game for a few years. Came back recently to play again so I still had them. I had left the door closed for those years I wasn't playing. Maybe the person you saw had similar reason?

LalaSmooth
05-26-15, 01:31 PM
I have candy corn macaroons. Also, I had egg tarts but just ran out. My reason is that I made a ton of them years ago but then stopped playing game for a few years. Came back recently to play again so I still had them. I had left the door closed for those years I wasn't playing. Maybe the person you saw had similar reason?

But how have you still got these when they expired 2 years ago?

twospoons
05-26-15, 04:58 PM
because she baked them more than 2 years ago, when the recipes were still available. and had a bunch on her counters when she closed down her bakery, blocking the door so that none of her goods sold. when she came back, everything was still on her counters, even though she couldn't bake any more.

gizzymobaby
05-26-15, 05:01 PM
"Closing the door" doesn't stop food from running out, I've tried this theory ;-) what does stop food from selling as fast is not playing much, so not opening the app... at least on android anyway. But this person like I said was an active player. Ah well. Guess they just must have baked loads.

deekathleen
05-26-15, 05:31 PM
It works as long as you don't block the door with the cash register.

teammaggie
05-26-15, 06:53 PM
because she baked them more than 2 years ago, when the recipes were still available. and had a bunch on her counters when she closed down her bakery, blocking the door so that none of her goods sold. when she came back, everything was still on her counters, even though she couldn't bake any more.
That's exactly correct :)

LalaSmooth
05-27-15, 03:58 AM
Ohhhhhh sorry I must of read that too quick. I wish they would bring them back

rocketsmama
05-27-15, 09:37 AM
A lot of players were upset when they took the egg tarts away. I don't remember the macaroons, but I was playing on android at the time.