PDA

View Full Version : The Spring Fling Dance!

Pages : 1 [2]

bobbyrae
05-28-15, 01:30 PM
For those having difficulty completing these tasks I suggest doing the following:

1. work on upgrading your pantry
2. Work on upgrading your already built stores- general, butcher and vegetable to at least level 3 or 4.

It sucks not being able to complete the tasks in time because you're waiting on just 1 sugar or beef or potatoes or whatever. It also sucks not having enough storage to store ten sugars! So upgrading the pantry is important.
I would also focus on upgrading the stores and expanding the pantry BEFORE focusing on building new stores or even expanding the restaurant. Use the parts to upgrade what you have and then move on to opening up other stores.

I also wish the events had longer times so that lower level players could actually have a shot at completing them. Or that CID would visit more with even drops of tools during the events so that even if lower level players don't finish, at least they are able to benefit from the event by getting more tools to upgrade something or to expand.

KadeeDid
05-28-15, 01:52 PM
The new spice is currently bugged for me. I saw that a few times I only got 1 star when I should of gotten 2. I should of been done with the event yesterday or right now but since the spice never worked I have to keep baking.

Not fun. Just another reason I still haven't bought into this game. Simple bugs that should be fixed.

I have had that happen too.

kuppikahvia
05-28-15, 02:31 PM
Thank you guys for pointing out that skipping step 8 was only 42 gems, I had not even thought about skipping... So I was able to do it with 5 mins remaining LOL
I guess that's an ok price for a new pretty cool recipe after a week where I just wasn't able to work on the goals for lack of time! (being on a trip abroad)
Also I have over 200 gems sitting there and doing nothing so I decided that's a good investment

kooky panda
05-28-15, 02:33 PM
Please extend the time.

I did check, they are unable to extend the time on this goal. :(

tsukihime666
05-28-15, 02:33 PM
SO frustrating when you are literally seconds off from completing the quest!:p

mermaidzen
05-28-15, 02:36 PM
With 5 min to go mine kept refreshing every 30secs and sending in the queen again to give me a heart that will be no use to me. In the end came out as got fed up of just refreshing.

lizzpolselli
05-28-15, 02:46 PM
With 5 min to go mine kept refreshing every 30secs and sending in the queen again to give me a heart that will be no use to me. In the end came out as got fed up of just refreshing.

The same thing happened on my game. Then all of a sudden the punch was gone. I guess no more spice. Going to be harder to finish the cake now. :/

ginrae22
05-28-15, 03:03 PM
So that's it? we have the 5 day goal for the cake but it's locked and that stinks....

bryneald
05-28-15, 03:17 PM
The same thing happened on my game. Then all of a sudden the punch was gone. I guess no more spice. Going to be harder to finish the cake now. :/

Ah man, didn't finish the goal in time and now the cake is locked for me too. That *really* stinks... :(

Xialio
05-28-15, 03:24 PM
omg u guys left us with an empty punch bowl!! could of at least given us a full bowl image so we can use it as a feature in our restaurants lol

DrP4ever
05-28-15, 03:26 PM
Why do the goals have to be timed? And so short of time. Not even possible to complete for the average player or people on wifi only.

txangel1109
05-28-15, 04:43 PM
I was able to finish all goals. Got my sunflower tables. Butterflies would have been more cool. This was a stressful event. Had to set my timer every hour to get 1 heart from the prom queen. Make sure I got 10 glasses of punch to make the spice that took 2 hours to make so I could sprinkle the cupcakes in order to double their star power that took 2 hours to cook. Meanwhile leaving enough room in pantry to refresh my sugar flour and cream. If Monday hadn't been a holiday, I could not have made it. I think the ideas are really good. Instead of a 6 day event, more people would have finished at 8 or 10 and you would have had happier players. For me I am happy I figured out how to do it and get the prize. I still love this game. Not liking empty punch bowl though. Maybe another drink like sweet tea could be added to it. :-)

dalielahdawn
05-28-15, 05:23 PM
I finished it all. It was a holiday week and lots going on so I feel like bad timing for a timed event. Had I not spent gems on hearts to make cupcakes I'm not sure I would have made it. Oh well. Table is cute, but no chairs for coins that match well.

xenu8
05-28-15, 06:21 PM
When I click on the confetti cake, it still says I can skip this option for 42 gems. Is that a mistake or will this always be an option? Will the next step be available to buy as well?

wombat203
05-28-15, 08:36 PM
What a waste of time, to work around the clock to finish this event to have the recipes removed, having used Gems to get to the end and still being short, bought gems that were never supplied, and then logging in and the recipes were gone. Why were they not 'created' to use reg ingredients? A good will gesture from Storm8 would have been to unlock this recipe given all the issues they have had with redeeming Gem orders, but then it negates the time and work everyone else put in. Really just poorly administered this event, too short, requiring Gems in most cases to finish WHICH were not available in the last 2 days of the event. FAIL time to delete this game.

Xialio
05-29-15, 08:05 AM
This is the first event I have been able to finish yay :) lol but saying that I do agree that the timer on these events could be a little longer. There is no way I would of even got close if it wasn't for my trip to hospital, so I basically had nothing to do for 5 days lol. The majority of players am guessing are 30ish years old and have lives, jobs, kids etc and cannot spend the amount of hours required to complete these events.

The concept of the events are great and it keep us wanting more but please devs be aware, that most of your players are fighting against an unobtainable goal and put money into the game to keep it running too, adding 72 hours to your event times wouldn't be too much to ask....would it? :)

bobbyrae
05-29-15, 08:27 AM
This is the first event I have been able to finish yay :) lol but saying that I do agree that the timer on these events could be a little longer. There is no way I would of even got close if it wasn't for my trip to hospital, so I basically had nothing to do for 5 days lol. The majority of players am guessing are 30ish years old and have lives, jobs, kids etc and cannot spend the amount of hours required to complete these events.

The concept of the events are great and it keep us wanting more but please devs be aware, that most of your players are fighting against an unobtainable goal and put money into the game to keep it running too, adding 72 hours to your event times wouldn't be too much to ask....would it? :)

Well, they're actually counting on the fact that most people can't play all day every day and will need to use gems to acquire the resources to finish. Of course, in this people did what was expected and went ahead and did buy gems but still were not able to complete because of a defect on somebody's part. For that reason alone I believe TL really should have allowed extra time or something.
That said, the completion of the goal was attainable without the use of gems, as is evidenced by several players who posted. A bigger pantry, stores upgraded to at least level 3/4 and smart playing will do it. My pantry size is 75 and my general store & butcher are levels 4 & 3 respectively. I was able to complete the cupcake part of the goal even though I didn't play all day every day. But because I wasn't waiting for sugar, cream and flour I was able to go faster once I got the hearts. I only was able to make one cupcake every two hours but I did it. Am now on the second mastering of the cake and suspect that I should finish this goal in time as well.

LonePudding
05-29-15, 08:29 AM
To anyone who has finished the whole event, does the confetti cake disappear after the 5 days? I did this just for the cake as I don't think I'll use the sunflower tables...

judyvines
05-29-15, 09:25 AM
To anyone who has finished the whole event, does the confetti cake disappear after the 5 days? I did this just for the cake as I don't think I'll use the sunflower tables...

The confetti cake remains. Only the confetti cupcakes disappear.

xenu8
05-29-15, 02:50 PM
They need to make a plant that grows gems or something, There is no way to save up gems here unlike the other games.

catfoodie
05-29-15, 03:32 PM
I dunno, while I agree it might be hard to get this particular event using just a wifi, I think it's pretty possible with data. I'm not playing game 24/7 but I do have data and just by checking my phone once in awhile I was able to finish an event without gems. I don't think it's a big deal to check the game since it's not takes like 2 min to collect a heart and/or put cupcakes(cake) on. But I also have 4 level stores so it might be easier on higher levels. I do agree that the events could be longer for people who don't play that much and want to compete event without using gems. However, I disagree that it's impossible to save up gems. I feel like it's either people play more and do events without gems or they don't play a lot and speed up with gems. I personally had 200 gems just from collecting them and then I spend like 200 and now again have around 170. I don't spend gems on speeding up quests though, just on decor pretty much.

LonePudding
05-29-15, 03:52 PM
The confetti cake remains. Only the confetti cupcakes disappear.

Thanks!

xenu8
05-29-15, 06:59 PM
How did you collect 200 gems?

I played all day & couldn't finish the event. The only one I was able to finish is the St.Patty day.

LonePudding
05-29-15, 10:27 PM
I find it super hard to save gems; I can only get them from the mini goal cupboard thing (lol I can't remember what it's called). I get goals to play and level up in games I can't play like jewel mania and cupcake mania, I find them impossible. How do you save gems that don't come by easily?

catfoodie
05-29-15, 11:13 PM
Well I do play games they suggest and you get 30 gems for downloading them and then I just play whatever I can achieve, sometimes I give up after getting 30 gems, sometimes I can get another 30-45 gems from completing levels. It takes time but at the same time it's the fastest way to get some extra gems without paying! I do get some gems from luana the dancer and trophy cupboard, but I wouldn't say it's that much, so mostly just playing another games when I watch tv or have free time. But also as I said I only spend gems on decor that I like which is not appearing that often so they just pile up over the time I guess!

xenu8
05-30-15, 01:31 AM
Oh, I don't get those pop ups so much anymore. I guess they run out after a while. I played so much of those they want me to go to crazy levels now. Aint nobody got time for that. I forgot I also did well in valentine event but it seems like the events are harder now & that makes me sad.