PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Update: Tree Frog Dragon - 5/22/15

cocauina
05-19-15, 05:14 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20380&d=1432080777 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20380&d=1432080777)20380

This week, one little dragon is hop, hop, hopping straight into our hearts! It may be hard to find camouflaged among the greenery, but if you look closely you?ll spot the beautiful Tree Frog Dragon in Dragon Story!

Mythdefied
05-20-15, 10:40 AM
Oh wow, that's a cute one! Even the adult form is cute. Actually, it may be one of the few times I like it better than the baby form.

kimandamelia
05-20-15, 12:43 PM
So unfair that these fabulous new dragons recently are SOOOOOO hard to breed! I've been trying non stop since Humming came out and have bred NOTHING but Poisons! No joke! I'm guessing this will be green and red, so umpteen Life fails are headed our way! At least they are only 3 hours versus the 21 hour Poison fail!!!!!

Mythdefied
05-20-15, 01:23 PM
Hmm, green/red or green/yellow. Maybe green/yellow/red? Might as well make it as impossible as the last few.

awsumum
05-20-15, 02:53 PM
I, personally, would LOVE some feedback from TL or a mod about WHERE we are supposed to put this new dragon! I already have 3 in stables (all diamond or diamond hybrids -diamond, infinity and Astromancer) and although I can expand one more time (mine will close after last expansion) it's more a case of habitat limit rather than space, although that's a VERY close second.

Any sort of feedback would be great, as I'm not sure mods/devs have run into the same problem of how/where to house all dragons.

poss2186
05-21-15, 07:18 AM
I, personally, would LOVE some feedback from TL or a mod about WHERE we are supposed to put this new dragon! I already have 3 in stables (all diamond or diamond hybrids -diamond, infinity and Astromancer) and although I can expand one more time (mine will close after last expansion) it's more a case of habitat limit rather than space, although that's a VERY close second.

Any sort of feedback would be great, as I'm not sure mods/devs have run into the same problem of how/where to house all dragons.

What expansion # are you on? I'm trying to figure out how far I can expand through the mine before my mine will close but none of the feeds are updated with the latest expansion numbers. Thanks!

cocauina
05-21-15, 08:29 AM
What expansion # are you on? I'm trying to figure out how far I can expand through the mine before my mine will close but none of the feeds are updated with the latest expansion numbers. Thanks!

Awsumum is on expansion number 39, if he/she (sorry awsumum don't know this) expands for the 40th time, the right side of the mine will close.
We have 2 groups of mine expansions, one green and another blue, 20 expansions each, 40 in total :)

freshfunin2008
05-21-15, 10:19 AM

My mine closed at 40 I think. I went 1 too many or was it 60???

cocauina
05-21-15, 11:22 AM
My mine closed at 40 I think. I went 1 too many or was it 60???

40, we don't have 60 expansions, for that we needed to have 3 groups of 20 expansions (60
Intotal) and not only 2 groups of 20 expansions (40 in total) :)

poss2186
05-21-15, 11:49 AM
40, we don't have 60 expansions, for that we needed to have 3 groups of 20 expansions (60
Intotal) and not only 2 groups of 20 expansions (40 in total) :)

That is what I read previously, that would mean you should stop at 39/40. However, what I don't understand is that my mine (and as I have seen on some of my neighbors also) is still open and allowing expansion, and I am on 3/57 currently....I'll attached photos. 20398 20399
I know one of the Mods will prolly move this post to the correct forum, but I've been trying to figure this out for a while, so I am asking while I have a chance to get some answers. Sorry!

cocauina
05-21-15, 01:21 PM
That is what I read previously, that would mean you should stop at 39/40. However, what I don't understand is that my mine (and as I have seen on some of my neighbors also) is still open and allowing expansion, and I am on 3/57 currently....I'll attached photos. 20398 20399
I know one of the Mods will prolly move this post to the correct forum, but I've been trying to figure this out for a while, so I am asking while I have a chance to get some answers. Sorry!

Currently you have expanded 21 times and yes, you should stop at expansion number 39 :)

awsumum
05-21-15, 02:22 PM
Awsumum is on expansion number 39, if he/she (sorry awsumum don't know this) expands for the 40th time, the right side of the mine will close.
We have 2 groups of mine expansions, one green and another blue, 20 expansions each, 40 in total :)

Thank you cocauina, had a busy day yesterday, wasn't able to get back onto forum :)

Please don't feel bad, I'm not sure if you're a female or a male either! Guess it doesn't really matter when we all help each other, one big family! I'm female tho, if that helps anyone :)
Just waiting for more expansions (not good news for those still in stables) but considering we got more habitats without begging for ages, I didn't want to be a greedy greed!

poss2186
05-21-15, 02:23 PM
21?where did that number come from.. Oh now I'm more confused! But hey at least I have a # to go from now, thanks for all the help, much appreciated!!!!! :)

cocauina
05-21-15, 03:54 PM
Thank you cocauina, had a busy day yesterday, wasn't able to get back onto forum :)

Please don't feel bad, I'm not sure if you're a female or a male either! Guess it doesn't really matter when we all help each other, one big family! I'm female tho, if that helps anyone :)
Just waiting for more expansions (not good news for those still in stables) but considering we got more habitats without begging for ages, I didn't want to be a greedy greed!

I'm happy I was able to clarify someone since you were busy :)

I don't feel bad, that's why I said she and he, didn't try to guess and said that I didn't know! ahah Now I know and I will try to remember xD

21?where did that number come from.. Oh now I'm more confused! But hey at least I have a # to go from now, thanks for all the help, much appreciated!!!!! :)

It's easy to know in what expansion you are, do you wanna now the trick? It's simple xD

We have 2 groups of expansions from the Mine, both of them have 20 expansions (40 in total), one group has green decor and the other one has blue decor, since you have all the green islands expanded, you have 20 expansions done, and the blue island, currently you only have expanded one time, so in total you have 21! :D

MaribouMay
05-21-15, 06:06 PM

You can also look at the expansions of your high level neighbors. I have many level 150 neighbors that have expanded 39 times. I didn't notice until I got close and was deciding not to expand to the 40th space. Take a look at your neighbors isles. If you don't have level 150 neighbors, look for folks under the community tab on the Social portion of the menu.

poss2186
05-21-15, 07:48 PM
I'm happy I was able to clarify someone since you were busy :)

I don't feel bad, that's why I said she and he, didn't try to guess and said that I didn't know! ahah Now I know and I will try to remember xD

It's easy to know in what expansion you are, do you wanna now the trick? It's simple xD

We have 2 groups of expansions from the Mine, both of them have 20 expansions (40 in total), one group has green decor and the other one has blue decor, since you have all the green islands expanded, you have 20 expansions done, and the blue island, currently you only have expanded one time, so in total you have 21! :D

You can also look at the expansions of your high level neighbors. I have many level 150 neighbors that have expanded 39 times. I didn't notice until I got close and was deciding not to expand to the 40th space. Take a look at your neighbors isles. If you don't have level 150 neighbors, look for folks under the community tab on the Social portion of the menu.

Oh OK :) yes I do have higher level nbrs, and I'm lvl100 myself, so I'll keep My eye out. Thanks again for the clarification and all the help!!
Sidenote: can't wait to try for the tree frog tomm he is such a little cutie ;)

813vv
05-22-15, 05:08 AM
This will be suitable with Radioactive :D still be curios abt which element it has :)

poss2186
05-22-15, 10:52 AM
This will be suitable with Radioactive :D still be curios abt which element it has :)
just came up on my game, its green/red combo :)

Here is details: 20422

and here is a pic of the egg:

I got it with forest x fire (boosted) 8hr bred

813vv
05-22-15, 10:53 AM
just came up on my game, its green/red combo :)
Ja lol.. Then it an Radioactive can live same habitat :-)

sakuraohimesama
05-22-15, 11:17 AM
got with forest and fire too :)

freshfunin2008
05-22-15, 11:45 AM
Well we should have more than 40 expansions. Why is S8 dragging their feet here??????????? Come on!!!!

awsumum
05-22-15, 12:07 PM
Got it :)

Combo used rose/forest (used several other combos, which gave me 5 life and 1 wild)

Breeding time is 8 hours

Pic of egg

Gorgeous egg, good luck everyone :)

awsumum
05-22-15, 12:08 PM
Well we should have more than 40 expansions. Why is S8 dragging their feet here??????????? Come on!!!!

I agree, I still have 3 diamond/diamond hybrid in stables plus tree frog may stay as egg for now :(

chippychan
05-23-15, 05:20 AM
Was very surprised to get this first try with Black Rose+Light. :eek:

mystctattoo
05-23-15, 07:33 AM
I actually got this on my 2nd account on my 2nd try. I just started my 2nd account and only on level 16 so I just used red and green got 1 life fail and then surprise there it was. It's an 8hr breed

kirby52
05-23-15, 08:52 AM
Used a fellow neighbours combo of Dino nd forest and got it second try..good luck everyone ��

Mythdefied
05-23-15, 09:09 AM
First try a poison fail. *sigh* Well, at least there's only one big fail for this combo, the others are much shorter times.

kimandamelia
05-23-15, 11:48 AM
2nd try got it by using Dino and Forest! This is one I really wanted, my daughter loves red eyed tree frogs and it looks just like one!

Poison shouldn't be a fail unless you threw something outside of the red and green combo. I got 12 of those jerks in my useless quest for Humming! Had to give up on that sadly....

Gabi2111
05-23-15, 01:09 PM

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. As I see it on the pictures, you're are busy with expansion #22, for which you need 57 pieces to expand? And you mined 3 of those already. :)
You have quite some more expansions to go before mine closes

Dcdonn
05-23-15, 02:01 PM
This is interesting & new info. to me. How do you know which number you are on? I'm guessing just from counting ? I didn't notice any blue/ green diff? If my count is right - I'm about to expand 37 & 38.... So nearing the end myself. It now takes me about 85 land pieces to expand as well. It sounds like many of us will have the same exp. as Awsum..... Thx for sharing!

Gabi2111
05-24-15, 02:00 AM
After only one fail, I have now a breeding time of 8 hours. Crossing fingers here.
On the bright site, possible fails would be Rose or Explorer, Rose wouldn't be bad either.
Proud parents are fire and forest

Yessss, it's tree frog!!! So happy to have this little beauty on the nest. And only one fail this time :)

luna2cute
05-24-15, 01:48 PM
First try a poison fail. *sigh* Well, at least there's only one big fail for this combo, the others are much shorter times.

How did you get a poison fail? That's purple green. What does purple break down to again? Red blue?

I have had 5-6 life fails so far. At least they are only 3 hours.

But boy do I want this cute little tree frog! :)

Good luck everyone!

rasike
05-26-15, 07:34 AM
I got a Tree Frog as a fail when I tried for Baloon with Diamond x Flower.

barretville
05-26-15, 08:48 AM
Me too, thanx for your tip. Great

lauraleighashby
05-26-15, 06:44 PM
Trying for the tree frog and now have a 12 hour breeding time. Both dragons are green and red with no other elements. I checked the egg list and all red/green combos I found are expired. Would anyone know what I will end up with? At least it isn't another life fail. Thank you.

redstar177
05-26-15, 06:56 PM
Trying for the tree frog and now have a 12 hour breeding time. Both dragons are green and red with no other elements. I checked the egg list and all red/green combos I found are expired. Would anyone know what I will end up with? At least it isn't another life fail. Thank you.

Sounds like it's a Dino dragon. Better buy the Ancient Tarpits soon if you don't already have one!

lauraleighashby
05-26-15, 07:36 PM
Sounds like it's a Dino dragon. Better by the Ancient Tarpits soon if you don't already have one!

Thanks so much....I do not have that habitat yet.

luna2cute
05-26-15, 10:12 PM
About to give up. Tons of life dragons, some wilds, a Dino. No frog. Lol. Maybe I'll try again later. Congrats to those who got it, it sure is cute!

BiteMe111
05-27-15, 04:43 PM
Yay, I finally got the egg on the nest!!! I had already lost hope.

I was breeding Forest and Fire and the fails were:
Probably around 15 Life dragons
3 Landworms
2 Wilds
1 Rose
1 Dino

I'll have lots of red and green stones after this, that's for sure.

kristen6207
05-27-15, 05:26 PM
I finally got the tree frog. YaY.
Simple Red & Green

roguebee
05-27-15, 07:39 PM
One benefit of the current quest is that we can try for this when we have to breed our Forest dragon...

roguebee
05-29-15, 07:37 PM
And amazingly enough, I got it breeding Forest and Fire.

belbar22
06-03-15, 03:03 AM
Finally got it with forest and fire.