PDA

View Full Version : Parking a beast?

my2place
05-19-15, 12:48 PM
How does everyone feel about leaving a beast to hang out for long periods of time? I always feel like my kingdom is unkempt, even if on the edge. I've tried doing it but just can't leave it that way for long LOL - is it just me?

ShibuyaCloth
05-19-15, 12:59 PM
I used to do it long ago, but since 1 1/2 - 2 years, the beasts are useful and I don't park them long (couple of hours max). I need their drops after all.

my2place
05-19-15, 01:10 PM
I used to do it long ago, but since 1 1/2 - 2 years, the beasts are useful and I don't park them long (couple of hours max). I need their drops after all.
Oh definitely, they don't last long if I need something from them! :) What I've been doing lately is spawning a troll from the sparring pit, then go about all my collecting uninterrupted ... sometimes leave him for awhile, sometimes not. But just not too long LOL

ShibuyaCloth
05-19-15, 01:46 PM
The pit is a good place because it is a 100% spawn. I used in the morning, so I can collect as well. Sometime I reduce the health to 1 point before leaving the beast alone for a while.

totalwasteoftime
05-19-15, 02:02 PM
I'll leave a beast for a week sometimes! Right now there's one camped out in part of my crops but just covering the ones I'm fairly maxed on and don't need right now. I love it because I can tap away at my other collections without wasting the energy! I've sometimes placed a trap at the edge of my kingdom in the plot that's full of us chopped trees so it's really out of the way. I definitely play without the game music when there's a beast :)

PurpleScorpion76
05-19-15, 02:31 PM
It depends if I need what they give I do the monster trade a lot and very happy now I have the sparring pit as I've always found I max quickly on creep tooth and fur but not the troll horns. But I have parked a monster if the position is right for a few hours even a day or two.

55lee55
05-19-15, 04:35 PM
I usually park a beast. I have plenty of the items I need from beasts at this time and they are more of a menace than a help unless I need them for a particular quest. If I use the items dropped by beasts I will let them roam but once I am full of the items I park 'em. I try to keep my kingdom neat and I park them in an area that I don't need to collect from right now.

zoeee87
05-20-15, 06:13 AM
I've parked a monster in my kingdom for months. With the last quest I started to run low on their drops so I don't have anything parked right now. Once I stick back up I will.

8hat
05-20-15, 06:25 AM
It's that music that makes it so frantic (and maybe the grayed-out patch where the monster is). I only park a beast in say, a timed event when harvesting crops. I think the first time I did it for any length of time was Halloween with harvesting corn for candy corn. My kingdom just felt like a wild mess! Well, in that situation I was not doing my regular collections (devoting all energy to the event) so it was probably more than just a monster but they really change the mood with that music.

readysetgo888
05-20-15, 08:52 AM
Yeah.... as soon as I got to the dire boar stage, beasts became a giant inconvenience. Dire boars suck up 3 energy every time they appear, and they appear WAY more frequently than the other beasts. I couldn't wait to be able to park a beast. I just felt like I needed to get through the Pepe Skunkupine goals first, so that I would have a consistent source of rat tails. Literally as soon as I was able to get through those goals, I expanded to a new, out of the way area of my kingdom and parked a beast there. It took a little trial and error, but I found the perfect place to park it where it covers very little of the actual kingdom and nothing I need. That's where it's going to sit unless I need beasts for a goal or run dangerously low on beast drops.

I highly recommend doing this... it is SO pleasant not to have to worry about constant dire boars. And I definitely don't need beast drops for any particular reason currently. There are other sources of bones, creep teeth, fur, and even rat tails now that I have Pepe. I have plenty of all of those drops.

WorldOfMakeBelieve
05-20-15, 06:15 PM
I park them for months at a time. Unless a timed goal requires fighting (ie need monster paws), I don't fight them. The drops was be obtained in other more efficient ways. To park them, fight until they appear on something you don't need and then just leave them. Right now I have a green fangbeast- very colorful!

Anaboe
05-21-15, 11:42 AM
Me too: parking a Glimmer Troll from the Pit the moment I don't need any parts from beasts anymore...

robotparade
05-24-15, 02:09 PM
I also park a beast for long periods. It's just too annoying to have beasts spring up every time I want to harvest crops.

ladyperidot
05-30-15, 12:06 PM
I have a boar parked in a corner right now. I'm in the Blythewood sapling line, so when I need to visit the tree I'll get rid of him. But for, it's so nice to harvest strawberries and water without tripping over a boar!

jim23cash
05-31-15, 02:00 AM
I keep one parked almost always. Usually I will leave it with one or two hits left, so it's easy to finish off if I need to for a quest or parts. I'm maxed on most monster parts, and otherwise can't get anything done for the Boars spawning every move (unless I need one!). I moved my sparring pit to an area that doesn't hold much. Now I can spawn one as needed, and prevent them when not needed. Oh, and I always keep the sound off, so it doesn't bug me. I have sensitivity to noise. Thank goodness for the music and sound OFF buttons! :D Annie