PDA

View Full Version : The Truffle Shuffle Goal 5-19-15

chippychan
05-19-15, 11:53 AM
New quest!
Reward: Pigmy

Super Rare: Earth/Fire
Incubation Time: 17 Hours

Goal Duration: 7 Days (05/19/15 - 05/26/15)

Part 1
- Start Breeding Any 2 Animals
*NOTE: best to breed earth+nature to try and get the animal required for step 2...
(Skip: 10 20365)

Part 2
- Hatch a Hedgehog
(Hedgehog is an earth/nature combo with a breeding time of 14 hours)
NOTE: This step is completed when the Hedgehog egg is placed on the nest, not when you 'Hatch' it
(Skip: 25 20365)

Part 3
- Feed Hedgehogs 55 times
(Skip: 600 20365)
*the cost to skip this step decreases based on how much you actually feed a Hedgehog. Each feeding reduces the number of gems required by about 10.9 gems*

Part 4
- Collect Truffles (200 total)
(Truffles may drop from harvesting crops!)
(Skip: 200 20365)
*the cost to skip this step will most likely decrease based on how many truffles you have collected already*

NOTES:
- As mentioned, it's best to breed earth/nature for step 1 in order to have a better shot at breeding a Hedgehog for step 2. The possible results for breeding earth/nature are:
Plantlers (Common) 9 hours
Bamboon (Rare) 10 hours
Hedgehog (Rare)14 hours
Grassquatch (Super Rare) 14 hours

- Feeding a Hedgehog 55 times will bring it up 11 levels. If you already have a Hedgehog in your forest that can be brought up 11 levels you can choose to skip step 2 at the cost of 25 gems (this is YOUR OWN choice!) and go straight to feeding the one you already have. If you decide to do this just make sure to skip step 2 BEFORE feeding it though! If you already have a high-level Hedgehog that you've already fed, IT DOES NOT COUNT. It MUST be a low level Hedgehog that you can feed 55 times.

- Please be careful not to confuse a 'Harvest Hedgehog' with the regular 'Hedgehog' that is required for this goal. Feeding a Harvest Hedgehog will not count toward finishing part 3.

- Collecting Truffles for the final step of the quest will most likely come from planting crops on your farms. A crop that takes 1 hour to grow will yield 1 truffle. So a 5 hour crop will yield 5 truffles, a 20 hour crop will yield 20 truffles, etc. If you think you're close to finishing part 3 you might want to plant some 20 crops in advance and DON'T harvest them until you have finished part 3.

OPTIONAL TIPS:
Do you just want to BUY this animal with gems and not have to worry about trying your luck at breeding a Hedgehog? Here are some tips to (hopefully) save you some gems in the process:
- The Pigmy is NOT available in the market to buy outright.
- If you skipped all 4 steps with gems it would cost you 835 gems
- You can get it cheaper if you don't mind doing at least a few of the goal steps:

1. Breed any 2 animals (saves you 10 gems)
2. BUY a Hedgehog from the marketplace and hatch it (saves you 25 gems, but costs you 450 gems, making this step essentially cost you 425 gems)
3. Feed it 55 times, you will need to evolve it a couple times as well (saves you 600 gems)
4. Collect 200 Truffles (saves you 200 gems)
Final cost = 425 gems

That being said, this is an OPTIONAL quest that you don't have to finish if you don't want to. Only do it if you really want the animal that is the reward (Pigmy).

Good Luck!! :)

EDIT: Here are some additional (very helpful) calculations provided by ninasidstorm8:

I am having trouble breeding a hedgehog and there is not a lot of time for this task so I put together some calculations to determine where the point is that I would need to spend gems to finish it. I am working with these basic facts.

1) The Hedgehog spends 14 hours in the Breeding Den and nest.
2) It takes 9 hours to evolve the Hedgehog.
3) You collect 1 truffle for each hour a crop spends growing on a farm.
4) You can collect truffles from a crop that has finished growing before the step 4 as long as you collect them after you reach the step 4.
5) You need to feed a Hedgehog 55 times to complete part 3 of the goal and you need 200 truffles to complete part 4 of the goal.

Let's start with Part 4 of the goal. If I assume that when I reach part 4 I have 6 farms ready with 20 hour crops to get a head start then I only need 200 - (20 * 6 farms = 120) = 80 truffles to complete the step. With 6 farms I can plant three 5 hour crops in each farm to get the (3* 5* 6) 80 truffles I need. So Step 4 will need to take a minimum of (3 five hour crops) 15 hours, if I don't spend any gems.

Let's move to Step 3 of the goal. You can feed an animal 5 times to move up 1 level. Assuming you use the Hedgehog you breed as the one being fed, that means that you need to move the animal up 11 levels or up to level 12 To do this you will need to evolve the animal twice, once from level 3 to 4 and again from level 9 to 10. Since it takes 9 hours to evolve a Hedgehog assuming no time for the actual feeding (it will actually take a minute or two), this step needs a minimum of 18 hours.

Let's move to Step 2 of the goal, to breed a Hedgehog. It takes 14 hours to breed the Hedgehog and another 14 hours to hatch it. So this part takes a minimum of 28 hours.

Now Step 3 and Step 4 can be done simultaneously, since you can harvest crops while the animal is evolving. The 18 hours for Step 3 is more than the 15 hours for Step 4, so we will use 18 hours to complete these two steps. Step 2 must be completed before steps 3 and 4 can start, so the minimum time to complete this goal is 28 + 18 or 46 hours. That means you have to have a 14 hour timer in the breeding den 46 hours before the goal ends to have a chance to finish the goal without using any gems. It also means that you have to time everything perfectly.

For me this calculation changes a bit since I already have a Hedgehog at level 10. To shorten the time, I can feed this Hedgehog 10 times to get it to level 12. This means I only need to feed the new Hedgehog 45 times to raise it from level 1 to level 9 just before the evolve to level 10. This will save me 9 hours of evolve time in step 3, so now the 15 hours in step 4 controls the time to complete steps 3 & 4 and I saved 3 hours. So I need to have 28 + 15 or 43 hours to complete the goal.

This assumes perfect timing for feeding and harvesting. When a goal Is given in days, it is always difficult to determine exactly when the end of the goal will be. Many if not most goals end 1/2 hour before an update, so I assume that this one will end 1/2 hour before the next update (Tuesday May 26 in the U.S.). Using the 46 hour figure, You would need to have the Hedgehog in the Breeding Den within the next 43 hours to finish the goal without using any gems.

I hope I explained this well enough that you can adapt this information to your own particular situation. My latest Plantlers is set to hatch in 4 1/2 hours with another one in the breeding den behind it. So I will have between 3 and 4 more tries at the Hedgehog without speeding before I hit the time limit.

Good Luck to everyone.

LonePudding
05-19-15, 11:59 AM
Luckily, I just got a free den.. Now let's see how hard it will be to get a rare hedgehog...

A2TUDE
05-19-15, 12:10 PM
Got it first go 14hrs earth nature

rjazz
05-19-15, 12:11 PM
Me too!

chippychan
05-19-15, 12:14 PM
Looks like they upped the gem cost to skip step 3 and lowered it to skip step 4 (in comparison to the Kitsune and Caboodle (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80693-Kitsune-and-Caboodle)quest). :(

Congrats to the lucky ones who got the Hedgehog already!

ninasidstorm8
05-19-15, 12:19 PM

I hope you got it but I believe that the Grassquatch also has a 14 hour breed time.

cocauina
05-19-15, 12:20 PM

14hrs is Hedgehog and Grassquatch.. Let's see if Grassquatch will be the Glacial Griffin when I was trying to get the Plutopus

readysetgo888
05-19-15, 12:23 PM
The feedback from players for the Kitsune and Caboodle quest was awful.... so naturally, they did it again pretty quickly, and this time the fails are much longer than the fire-nature fails.

Be warned... the odds on a "rare" hedgehog have now dropped down to more like super rare or ultra rare odds, and the "super rare" grassquatch which has the same breeding time now has the odds of a rare.

I'm really tempted to not bother starting this at all.

chippychan
05-19-15, 12:31 PM
Did anyone catch the time limit on this one so I can update the first post?
I forget what the pop-up said.

intrinsicallyknotted
05-19-15, 12:33 PM
I should have waited--I just started a new 13-hour breed just one hour before the update. The little voice in my head was telling me to wait, but I didn't listen!

bentleyboy01
05-19-15, 12:38 PM
I skipped the breed hedgehog with gems now it's feed hedgehog 55 times but it's not counted feeding my existing hedgehog :(

LonePudding
05-19-15, 12:39 PM
Got 9 hours -___-

orleansparish
05-19-15, 12:40 PM
Aww come on! My ipad isnt working and this game doesnt load on my ipod. I want to try for this while im doing the mothers day creature too.

zombukidolls
05-19-15, 12:50 PM
Don't want at all. Which is nice actually, won't have to run myself ragged.

ninasidstorm8
05-19-15, 12:55 PM
Did anyone catch the time limit on this one so I can update the first post?
I forget what the pop-up said.

My goal says 7 days but I don't know if that is for the first part or the whole thing. I haven't bred the animals yet, since my nest is full for the next few hours. I hope this is what you were looking for.

rjazz
05-19-15, 01:00 PM
Well, I got 14 hours right off the bat, we'll see which one I got. Boooo I was so excited to get the 14 right away!

chippychan
05-19-15, 01:04 PM
My goal says 7 days but I don't know if that is for the first part or the whole thing. I haven't bred the animals yet, since my nest is full for the next few hours. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks so much! I thought I remember seeing May 25th as the end date, so 7 days sounds about right.

That sure seems short though, especially with 'fails' that can take up to 14 hours. At least the fails for the Cactus Kitsune goal were relatively short. :(

I actually only have Plantlers from this combo, so hopefully I'll at least get a new animal. I'm not confident I'll finish this quest though.

EDIT: I just realized the goal has a counter in the game with 7 days on it... Now I feel silly for asking. :rolleyes:

tuffyjkitten
05-19-15, 01:08 PM
I skipped the breed hedgehog with gems now it's feed hedgehog 55 times but it's not counted feeding my existing hedgehog :(

I had a hedgehog already so I skipped that step as well. It counted feeding my hedgehog...he is evolving now. Try closing out and restarting to see if that updates the counter.

Hawksmoor
05-19-15, 01:29 PM
I like these kind of goals, they're fun. Good luck everyone!

emz8900
05-19-15, 01:40 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't find this animal cute... At all?

A2TUDE
05-19-15, 01:45 PM
I hope you got it but I believe that the Grassquatch also has a 14 hour breed time.

Yes but was lucky and got it now I'm feeding two hedges to make the 55 feeding criteria 4 more feeds then onto collecting 200 things lol

chippychan
05-19-15, 01:52 PM
So this was my first time doing one of these threads. I hope the information I provided is clear enough and helpful. If there is anything I missed or got wrong please let me know and I'll update the first post. :)

babiiba
05-19-15, 01:53 PM
Hi, welcome to this new challenge, I like it!

I have a lvl 7 Hedgehog, so if I don't manage to breed a new one in a short period of time, I'll start feeding it, I'll be able to feed it for 40 times until epic. How many gems will I have to pay to skip the remainig 15 feedings?

(There's a 14-hour-breed on its way, but I bet it'll be a Grassquatch..)

Thx if someone can answer my question!

epinederose
05-19-15, 02:00 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't find this animal cute... At all?
No you are not the only one... Lol...

zaccy678
05-19-15, 02:02 PM
I skipped the first step, not realising I had to already have a hedgehog, now I can't go on to the next step (feeding the hedgehog).

HELP!! :(

ninasidstorm8
05-19-15, 02:07 PM
I skipped the first step, not realising I had to already have a hedgehog, now I can't go on to the next step (feeding the hedgehog).

HELP!! :(

If you skipped the first step, you wasted some gems. Probably wasn't the first time and it probably won't be the last. Just breed the Hedgehog or buy one from the marketplace. Once you do that, I assume you can go on.

zaccy678
05-19-15, 02:10 PM
If you skipped the first step, you wasted some gems. Probably wasn't the first time and it probably won't be the last. Just breed the Hedgehog or buy one from the marketplace. Once you do that, I assume you can go on.

Seriously??
I thought that by paying the gems I would be buying the Hedgehog rather than having to breed it!

Why would it be possible to pay 25 gems for nothing??

Can a mod pls check this out?

kooky panda
05-19-15, 02:14 PM
It did count for me when I fed my existing hedgehog.

(make sure you are feeding the right hedgehog)
Due to no room, I fed my existing one to level 15, then sold him (that hurt!), now I am feeding and evolving the baby. (9 hour evolving time)

kooky panda
05-19-15, 02:15 PM
So this was my first time doing one of these threads. I hope the information I provided is clear enough and helpful. If there is anything I missed or got wrong please let me know and I'll update the first post. :)
Great Job Chippy!

kooky panda
05-19-15, 02:19 PM
Seriously??
I thought that by paying the gems I would be buying the Hedgehog rather than having to breed it!

Why would it be possible to pay 25 gems for nothing??

Can a mod pls check this out?
You paid 25 gems to skip that goal to move to the next goal. It does not give you the hedgehog. Sorry!

You can feed your current one to level 15, but if you still need more feedings , you will need to get another Hedgehog to feed, or skip that goal with gems and move on to collecting truffles goal.

zaccy678
05-19-15, 02:23 PM
You paid 25 gems to skip that goal to move to the next goal. It does not give you the hedgehog. Sorry!

You can feed your current one to level 15, but if you still need more feedings , you will need to get another Hedgehog to feed, or skip that goal with gems and move on to collecting truffles goal.

But how on earth are you meant to know that??

You shouldn't be able to pay to skip a step which you then need to do anyway!!

Tictoclolo
05-19-15, 02:59 PM
Yuck! Seriously? A little pinky winged pig? Really not cute at all! I'll pass! Less stress for me! v_v

Good luck however to all those who try for it! ;)

readysetgo888
05-19-15, 03:00 PM
This is only a fun goal if you are lucky enough to breed a "rare" animal (whose odds go down to the odds of a super rare or worse) in just a few days. Many people are not going to be able to do that. There's nothing fun about this - it's worse than a one-week limited animal because it requires breeding an animal with super rare odds, but you actually have to do it in less than a week. Many people were unable to do this during the Kitsune quest - and on top of that, while the time given here is the exact same as for the Kitsune quest, this time the fails are 3x-4x longer.... so this is going to be much harder. And it's entirely luck based.

The feedback on the Kitsune quest was pretty negative, but I guess, even though it was a short time ago, many of those players have quit.... leaving the forum just the newbies on who don't realize how difficult this quest actually is, and how frustrating the game actually is.

Buttercup0001
05-19-15, 03:17 PM
Not sure whether I want to do this quest as the last one we had (Kitsune) left me absolutely frustrated as I couldn't breed the 1st part of the quest and wasted 1 week of breeding something new. I've got a 5hr wait till my nest and den are free which gives me time to warm to the quest. I'll give it a few goes and if I don't t breed the hedgehog I'll move onto something else. Good luck to all, I think we are going to need it.

Hawksmoor
05-19-15, 04:17 PM
Great job! Lots of helpful info. Thanks for starting the thread.

LonePudding
05-19-15, 04:28 PM

Looks awesome! Very informative :D

icysnowz
05-19-15, 05:08 PM
But how on earth are you meant to know that??

You shouldn't be able to pay to skip a step which you then need to do anyway!!

Hedgehog cost 450 gems in the market.. so obviously u cant get a hedgehog with just 25 gems :confused:

U pay to skip that step if u already had a hedgehog and dont need to breed one so that u can go on to the next step :rolleyes:

zaccy678
05-19-15, 05:18 PM
Hedgehog cost 450 gems in the market.. so obviously u cant get a hedgehog with just 25 gems :confused:

U pay to skip that step if u already had a hedgehog and dont need to breed one so that u can go on to the next step :rolleyes:

Wow, surprised that it seems so obvious, and that no one sees it to be a problem for those who don't frequent the forums.

Thanks so much for the help!

ninasidstorm8
05-19-15, 05:34 PM
Finally cleared my nest so I could start on this goal. I was surprised that I didn't get credit for breeding two animals when I moved the pair I already had in the den to the nest. I got the credit for part 1 when I started to breed two new animals instead. I already have a Hedgehog but its at level 10 so I will need to breed another one. I used have two Hedgehogs but sold the duplicate a while back to make room for something else. It will be a slow start for me, first try is a Plantlers but it will need to wait an extra 9 hours for a Thunder Mammoth to clear the nest. I wasn't very prepared for a goal like this today.

chippychan
05-19-15, 05:39 PM
Wow, surprised that it seems so obvious, and that no one sees it to be a problem for those who don't frequent the forums.

Thanks so much for the help!

I completely understand what you mean. For players who don't check the forums (or other sources of info) these sorts or goals are incredibly frustrating. This goal is much like the last one we had for Cactus Kitsune which (as readysetgo888 pointed out) was very difficult for most players.

The best thing I can suggest is the next time you see a multi-step goal like this to check the forum before even attempting it. There's usually lots of useful (and gem-saving) advice here. :)

Beja326
05-19-15, 05:43 PM
This little Pigmy Pig is so cute!

Jennerwein1
05-19-15, 05:58 PM
For once I am in luck. I have a lvl 3 and a lvl 10 hedgehog. I only sell animals when I need the space, and since breeding is so difficult and random, I am good with space. I have lots of duplicates and triplicates. Can't get the ones I want. Oh well, that's FFS for you. :)

Ratisorn
05-19-15, 07:02 PM
Part 2
- Hatch a Hedgehog

Unlucky :p

babiiba
05-19-15, 07:20 PM
If I have a lvl 7 Hedgehog that I can feed 40 times, how much would it cost to skip the remaining 15 feedings? Thx

8hat
05-19-15, 07:45 PM

I never got the solar simian for the previous 'type' quest so I immediately scoured my kingdom for a hedgehog to see if this was even possible for me. First I found a Harvest Hedgehog but no one seemed to be mentioning the word 'harvest'. But after Pika's reply to you about having the correct hedgehog I searched more of my habitats and found 2 simple (regular, plain) hedgehogs (both at level 4) so I am alternating feeding them so it's not 1 hedgehog to level 15; it's 2 until I feed 55 times for less food. After missing out on the Caturn, Mamaroo, and probably Beever and Jade Kirin...I may actually get this one...What!?!

A2TUDE
05-19-15, 09:59 PM
Ok I have a big issue.....

I'm on my last goal collecting trifles from the farms (1 for every hour) Which means no super seeds are popping up from farms just truffles :( which means the community prize will slow:)

So the only way I can get them is from breeding and the flower :(

babiiba
05-19-15, 10:11 PM

I'm on my last goal collecting trifles from the farms (1 for every hour) Which means no super seeds are popping up from farms just truffles :( which means the community prize will slow:)

I don't think it's a big problem, as to the community prize we need some 70M seeds, so the few hundred a player would add to the amount in 2 days doesn't count much!

A2TUDE
05-19-15, 10:19 PM
I don't think it's a big problem, as to the community prize we need some 70M seeds, so the few hundred a player would add to the amount in 2 days doesn't count much!

Good point but why isn't TL just given us both at same time?

tuffyjkitten
05-19-15, 10:43 PM

I have a problem with this since I'm still about 200 seeds away from my last individual prize...can't get that in a few days from breeding and the flower.

babiiba
05-19-15, 10:45 PM
Good point but why isn't TL just given us both at same time?

Good question.. Which is an even better question: why cannot we get seeds after every round won in the tournament.. it would count a lot! I know the deadline was modified but still, I don't think it would be a big issue for the programmers/developers ( I don't know the proper English name of them).

babiiba
05-19-15, 10:52 PM
I have a problem with this since I'm still about 200 seeds away from my last individual prize...can't get that in a few days from breeding and the flower.

Yes, you can! If there are always crops planted in all your 6 farms, it means you can have 6*24 a day, plus 4 in every 4 hours, plus some at mining and some for breeding, it's altogether at around 180 a day! So you need two more days to get the Snapdragon, then you'll still have enough time to harvest crops for the pig! You have to collect 200 truffels, if all the 6 farms produce all the time, then in about 36 hours= one and a half day you can finish the task, and the challenge lasts until Sunday!

A2TUDE
05-19-15, 11:59 PM

I've completed my individual prizes but this is what I mean for the people who haven't.

Melis2a84
05-20-15, 03:19 AM
Hey guys I'm not sure if this cleared up yet but I did receive the seeds and truffles from my food so I do 5 hr crops and got 5 of each :o

A2TUDE
05-20-15, 04:47 AM
Hey guys I'm not sure if this cleared up yet but I did receive the seeds and truffles from my food so I do 5 hr crops and got 5 of each :o

Aw ty mel it must be 5hrs or more cuz 1hr ones are just triffles thanks hun

Jennerwein1
05-20-15, 05:09 AM
B
I never got the solar simian for the previous 'type' quest so I immediately scoured my kingdom for a hedgehog to see if this was even possible for me. First I found a Harvest Hedgehog but no one seemed to be mentioning the word 'harvest'. But after Pika's reply to you about having the correct hedgehog I searched more of my habitats and found 2 simple (regular, plain) hedgehogs (both at level 4) so I am alternating feeding them so it's not 1 hedgehog to level 15; it's 2 until I feed 55 times for less food. After missing out on the Caturn, Mamaroo, and probably Beever and Jade Kirin...I may actually get this one...What!?!
Ugh! Glad for your post!:) The two hedgehogs I was going to feed up are harvest ones. Of course! Saved me 25 coins at least. The one I have is lvl 10. :mad:

8hat
05-20-15, 05:48 AM
BTW
Why is step 3 feed the animal and step 4 grow the food (to find truffles)? By that logic, step 1 should be hatch the animal and step 2 have the parents breed...just sayin'

tuffyjkitten
05-20-15, 06:11 AM
Yes I got both seeds and truffles from my 20 hr crops just now! Only 33 more seeds and I get my snapdragon!

tuffyjkitten
05-20-15, 06:13 AM
Yes, you can! If there are always crops planted in all your 6 farms, it means you can have 6*24 a day, plus 4 in every 4 hours, plus some at mining and some for breeding, it's altogether at around 180 a day! So you need two more days to get the Snapdragon, then you'll still have enough time to harvest crops for the pig! You have to collect 200 truffels, if all the 6 farms produce all the time, then in about 36 hours= one and a half day you can finish the task, and the challenge lasts until Sunday!

This was when we didn't know we got both seeds and truffles. Now it's not a problem. :)

mrhammy48
05-20-15, 11:01 AM
Just got 14 hr breed -second try. It's a win either way for me as I've tried countless times for grassquatch. So we will see...

Edit - grassquatch.

LonePudding
05-20-15, 12:51 PM
9 hours again.

infinitelove19
05-20-15, 01:00 PM
First attempt, 14 hours, Grasssquatch.
Second attempt, 14 hours, ???????.

I do hope I get it!!!

edited to say I got it!!!

Back to breeding another hippogryph. Ugh. I've now got one for each of the electric/water hybrid I was unsuccessful breeding: Confetti Yeti, Menoram, Great Danebow and now Beever. I could still get Beever, but won't hold out much hope given my track record!

chippychan
05-20-15, 01:08 PM
Got a 14 hour this morning and sped the last few hours to see what it was: Hedgehog! :)
In all the months I've played this game I've never bred a Hedgehog on either of my accounts so I'm pleasantly surprised.

This was on my 2nd account though. Still trying for one on my main... Nothing but Plantlers so far.

sweetypies97
05-20-15, 01:50 PM
My attempts:

iphone:
Plantlers
Plantlers
Bamboon
Plantlers
Plantlers
Hedgehog!!

iPad:
Plantlers
Plantlers
Bamboon
Plantlers
Plantlers
Bamboon
Plantlers
Plantlers
Plantlers
Plantlers
Plantlers
Plantlers
Plantlers
Plantlers
Plantlers
Bamboon
Plantlers
Plantlers

Buttercup0001
05-20-15, 04:02 PM
Not sure whether I want to do this quest as the last one we had (Kitsune) left me absolutely frustrated as I couldn't breed the 1st part of the quest and wasted 1 week of breeding something new. I've got a 5hr wait till my nest and den are free which gives me time to warm to the quest. I'll give it a few goes and if I don't t breed the hedgehog I'll move onto something else. Good luck to all, I think we are going to need it.
Well I decided to give this quest a go and so far all I've been able to breed are 9 hr fails. Seems this quest is, for me, going the same way as the last quest. Breeding nothing but fails. :(

Ca7007
05-20-15, 04:07 PM
First attempt: Plantlers
Second attempt: Plantlers
Third attempt: 14 hours (Edit; Hedgehog!)
Good luck everyone!!

luna2cute
05-20-15, 08:42 PM
First try 9 hours. Tempted to speed up and try again. Lol.

chippychan
05-21-15, 04:23 AM
If I have a lvl 7 Hedgehog that I can feed 40 times, how much would it cost to skip the remaining 15 feedings? Thx

Sorry for the delay in answering this, I only got to this step on one of my accounts today so I didn't know the answer before now.

It looks like each feeding reduces the number of gems required by about 10.9 gems. Weird number, I know, but 600 divided by 55 is about 10.9 (or 10.91 rounded up) and I wanted to test it first before confirming. I fed my Hedgehog once and it reduced the number of gems to skip to 590, after 5 feedings the total number to skip was 546.

So based on these numbers, 40 feedings should reduce the cost to skip to 164 (600 minus 436).

Hope this helps even if it is a couple days after you asked. :)

ninasidstorm8
05-21-15, 06:55 AM
What a disappointing morning. Moved my 14 hour timer to the nest and it was a Grassquatch. Next try a Planther to create another 5 hour hole in breeding. Oh well, I should get another try before the day ends.

Good Luck to everyone.

EviBrooklyn
05-21-15, 07:58 AM
Hey guys, pumpkin panda and treebra gave me a hedgehog

chippychan
05-21-15, 09:47 AM
Still trying for Hedgehog on my main account but I'm now up to my 4th Plantlers. To be honest I'm not too worried about failing this one since I'm not too crazy about the design of the reward animal.

Goals like this and the Cactus Kitsune now have me trying to keep an extra baby of animals I already have... just in case. :rolleyes:

GreasedLightening
05-21-15, 09:56 AM
Got my piggy. The egg is really pretty.

Splashy81
05-21-15, 11:04 AM
I just got a Hedgehog by breeding an epic Sloth with an epic Unicornucopia! GL to all!

tuffyjkitten
05-21-15, 12:25 PM
All right, glad we got that truffles vs seeds thing figured out! Got the snapdragon yesterday and the pigmy just now.

Good luck to those looking for hedgehogs!

A2TUDE
05-21-15, 12:37 PM
Just finished the goal

Pigmy 17hrs

Gotta say this was fun:)

Buttercup0001
05-21-15, 05:23 PM
Well I decided to give this quest a go and so far all I've been able to breed are 9 hr fails. Seems this quest is, for me, going the same way as the last quest. Breeding nothing but fails. :(

Success. I managed to breed a hedgehog. Hatching it asap then the feeding frenzy begins. At least I got to the feeding part of the quest. Last quest was such a disappointment.

luna2cute
05-21-15, 05:53 PM
Plantlers
Plantlers
Grassquatch
Plantlers

Ugh.
And I don't think I have a hedgehog anywhere so I can skip. Boo. Come on hedgehog.

FigmentValley
05-21-15, 06:00 PM
Planters
Planters
Planters
Planters
Planters
14 hour ????????

55lee55
05-21-15, 06:24 PM
Hey, what gives?

I looked before gathering from my farms and I had 45 percent truffles. After gathering I cicked to see by how much my truffles had increased and they had dropped to 30 percent!

I would understand if the amount of truffles needed decreased to give more people a chance to get them but it appears that I need more truffles than I did before I collected from my farms! And some people already have their piggies! Do mine need more truffles for some reason?

Congratulations by the way to all who have their piggies :D

LonePudding
05-21-15, 10:59 PM
I've had about 10 Plantlers in a row :(

TokiChunsa
05-22-15, 01:07 AM
I hate his the chances of getting the creatures decrease once it's part of a goal. I have another Bambi and I know I'll have more.

infinitelove19
05-22-15, 02:22 AM
Hey, what gives?

I looked before gathering from my farms and I had 45 percent truffles. After gathering I cicked to see by how much my truffles had increased and they had dropped to 30 percent!

I would understand if the amount of truffles needed decreased to give more people a chance to get them but it appears that I need more truffles than I did before I collected from my farms! And some people already have their piggies! Do mine need more truffles for some reason?

Congratulations by the way to all who have their piggies :D

That is definitely not good.
I haven't experienced that, but it seems that I am not getting truffles with every batch of food.
I started off collecting 6x20, then have done batches of 5 hour foods since then. Does anybody remember what the original requirement was?

I consider myself lucky since I bred the hedgehog pretty early on, but this food thing might be a real issue for those who don't get the hedgehog until later. Good luck with breeding, everybody!!

chippychan
05-22-15, 04:24 AM
I haven't experienced that, but it seems that I am not getting truffles with every batch of food.
I started off collecting 6x20, then have done batches of 5 hour foods since then. Does anybody remember what the original requirement was?

I consider myself lucky since I bred the hedgehog pretty early on, but this food thing might be a real issue for those who don't get the hedgehog until later. Good luck with breeding, everybody!!

Hmmm, I haven't had a chance to collect truffles to share my experience but I have 6 x 20 hour crops planted and I can harvest them in about 11 hours to see what happens. What I *did* notice is that the text of the 4th goal says: "Truffles may drop from harvesting crops!"

Hopefully they didn't change it to a random chance now... that would make it even harder to finish these types of goals in time. :(

Jennerwein1
05-22-15, 04:49 AM
Grassquatch x2. Plantler. Now I have 3. Won't get that one either.:( hate the manipulation of odds with events.

lovalilycole
05-22-15, 04:59 AM
Help please from someone who can figure this out...i sure can't :confused:
I MAY have my hedgehog (finally just got a 14-hour breed) ..if, in fact, it turns out to be a hedgehog will i have the time to complete the goal without using any gems? I do have 6 farms ready with a 20-hr crop ready & waiting to begin feeding immediately ...BUT i am afraid with evolving times, hatching times etc that it may be too late for me...i do NOT want to have to rush w/gems as i have precious few...
If anyone is smart enuf to figure this out i would greatly appreciate it :o
i just don't have the know-how to be able to figure it out :p
Many many thanks to those of you that post your thoughts & results !! :D
i could not complete a goal, tournament or battlefield without help from this wonderful forum !!

mrhammy48
05-22-15, 07:31 AM
Ugh after weeks of trying for grassquatch, I've gotten two. So that's good. Just last week I bred another hedgehog and sold it. Of course, now I can't breed one. I'm thinking this one is just out of my reach.

catsneezes
05-22-15, 10:04 AM
Finally bred a hedgehog! Just waiting for it to hatch. Anyone know how much food is required to feed a hedgehog 55 times? I've got about ~7300 food stockpiled.

xellosspoo
05-22-15, 12:06 PM
Seriously. I have gotten several Grassquatchs (Super Rare) and nit a hedgehog. Sadly mine is already leveled to high for me tobe able to just skip step 2. This is just irritating.

DeeDeeBird70
05-22-15, 12:16 PM
Help please from someone who can figure this out...i sure can't :confused:
I MAY have my hedgehog (finally just got a 14-hour breed) ..if, in fact, it turns out to be a hedgehog will i have the time to complete the goal without using any gems? I do have 6 farms ready with a 20-hr crop ready & waiting to begin feeding immediately ...BUT i am afraid with evolving times, hatching times etc that it may be too late for me...i do NOT want to have to rush w/gems as i have precious few...
If anyone is smart enuf to figure this out i would greatly appreciate it :o

i just don't have the know-how to be able to figure it out :p
Many many thanks to those of you that post your thoughts & results !! :D
i could not complete a goal, tournament or battlefield without help from this wonderful forum !!

Go ahead and collect from your farms. If it is a Hedgehog, you'll have to feed it the 55 times with regular food before you can start collecting the 200 truffles. That would mean going through 2 evolution cycles to make the 11 levels, I forget the time. And I didn't keep track of how much food, fed mine from level 4. I collected enough truffles with 2 plantings of 20 hr. crops. Watch the evolution time and make sure to have a 20 ready for harvest by the end of the 2nd evolution. Assuming 6 farms that should give you 120 truffles and 60%. There have been reports of 5 hour crops not dropping truffles. I had drops with every 20 hour. You have until 5/26, not sure of time, maybe 10:30 PDT Good luck

DeeDeeBird70
05-22-15, 12:20 PM

You need 200 truffles. I had 100% drop with two 20 hr. Crops

sweetdeda
05-22-15, 12:23 PM
I have yet to breed a hedgehog... Not going to let it frustrate me, just going to keep trying.

lovalilycole
05-22-15, 12:58 PM
Go ahead and collect from your farms. If it is a Hedgehog, you'll have to feed it the 55 times with regular food before you can start collecting the 200 truffles. That would mean going through 2 evolution cycles to make the 11 levels, I forget the time. And I didn't keep track of how much food, fed mine from level 4. I collected enough truffles with 2 plantings of 20 hr. crops. Watch the evolution time and make sure to have a 20 ready for harvest by the end of the 2nd evolution. Assuming 6 farms that should give you 120 truffles and 60%. There have been reports of 5 hour crops not dropping truffles. I had drops with every 20 hour. You have until 5/26, not sure of time, maybe 10:30 PDT Good luck

Thank you so much, DeeDeeBird! :0) i really appreciate your help! :0)

RorJam
05-22-15, 03:31 PM
I think I'm missing out on this one on both accounts, unfortunately just didn't breed a hedge on either device but had one previously one at lvl 7 and lvl 8 I could go get iTunes cards and get gems but heck I'd rather not invest gems in to a super rare? Idk maybe next time. Not really a big fan of the "Goal" things lol puffalo and cactus kitsen are nice but already have double, triple or more of the breeds lol.

ninasidstorm8
05-22-15, 06:03 PM
I am having trouble breeding a hedgehog and there is not a lot of time for this task so I put together some calculations to determine where the point is that I would need to spend gems to finish it. I am working with these basic facts.

4) You can collect truffles from a crop that has finished growing before the step 4 as long as you collect them after you reach the step 4.
5) You need to feed a Hedgehog 55 times to complete part 3 of the goal and you need 200 truffles to complete part 4 of the goal.

Let's start with Part 4 of the goal. If I assume that when I reach part 4 I have 6 farms ready with 20 hour crops to get a head start then I only need 200 - (20 * 6 farms = 120) = 80 truffles to complete the step. With 6 farms I can plant three 5 hour crops in each farm to get the (3* 5* 6) 80 truffles I need. So Step 4 will need to take a minimum of (3 five hour crops) 15 hours, if I don't spend any gems.

Let's move to Step 3 of the goal. You can feed an animal 5 times to move up 1 level. Assuming you use the Hedgehog you breed as the one being fed, that means that you need to move the animal up 11 levels or up to level 12 To do this you will need to evolve the animal twice, once from level 3 to 4 and again from level 9 to 10. Since it takes 9 hours to evolve a Hedgehog assuming no time for the actual feeding (it will actually take a minute or two), this step needs a minimum of 18 hours.

Let's move to Step 2 of the goal, to breed a Hedgehog. It takes 14 hours to breed the Hedgehog and another 14 hours to hatch it. So this part takes a minimum of 28 hours.

Now Step 3 and Step 4 can be done simultaneously, since you can harvest crops while the animal is evolving. The 18 hours for Step 3 is more than the 15 hours for Step 4, so we will use 18 hours to complete these two steps. Step 2 must be completed before steps 3 and 4 can start, so the minimum time to complete this goal is 28 + 18 or 46 hours. That means you have to have a 14 hour timer in the breeding den 46 hours before the goal ends to have a chance to finish the goal without using any gems. It also means that you have to time everything perfectly.

For me this calculation changes a bit since I already have a Hedgehog at level 10. To shorten the time, I can feed this Hedgehog 10 times to get it to level 12. This means I only need to feed the new Hedgehog 45 times to raise it from level 1 to level 9 just before the evolve to level 10. This will save me 9 hours of evolve time in step 3, so now the 15 hours in step 4 controls the time to complete steps 3 & 4 and I saved 3 hours. So I need to have 28 + 15 or 43 hours to complete the goal.

This assumes perfect timing for feeding and harvesting. When a goal Is given in days, it is always difficult to determine exactly when the end of the goal will be. Many if not most goals end 1/2 hour before an update, so I assume that this one will end 1/2 hour before the next update (Tuesday May 26 in the U.S.). Using the 46 hour figure, You would need to have the Hedgehog in the Breeding Den within the next 43 hours to finish the goal without using any gems.

I hope I explained this well enough that you can adapt this information to your own particular situation. My latest Plantlers is set to hatch in 4 1/2 hours with another one in the breeding den behind it. So I will have between 3 and 4 more tries at the Hedgehog without speeding before I hit the time limit.

Good Luck to everyone.

lovalilycole
05-22-15, 07:32 PM
Sorry....quoted wrong post ...

lovalilycole
05-22-15, 07:35 PM

Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks for your help on this! It really explains a lot of this very complicated process very well!
Thanks too for all the wonderful help u give us on the battlegrounds, tournaments etc!!! :0)
We couldn't do it without u & the many others who take the time to post their results...it is most appreciated!
Wonderful forum with great people! Thank you all!!! :0)

ninasidstorm8
05-22-15, 08:06 PM
Thanks for your help on this! It really explains a lot of this very complicated process very well!
Thanks too for all the wonderful help u give us on the battlegrounds, tournaments etc!!! :0)
We couldn't do it without u & the many others who take the time to post their results...it is most appreciated!
Wonderful forum with great people! Thank you all!!! :0)

I am glad it helped. Good Luck to you.

DeeDeeBird70
05-22-15, 09:14 PM

.[/QUOTE] from Ninasidstorm8

Only thing that could be a problem with this, there have been some reports that 5 hour crops have not dropped truffles.

ninasidstorm8
05-22-15, 09:52 PM
Only thing that could be a problem with this, there have been some reports that 5 hour crops have not dropped truffles.

I don't recall seeing that. Five hour crops are used a lot, so I would think that if there really was a problem with 5 hour crops there would be a lot of people complaining about it. The only issue I recall people having is getting Super Seeds at the same time they were collecting for truffles and I believe that has been fixed. If you have an extra hour, then 2 8 hour crops could be used instead.

I would just like to breed a Hedgehog in the next 40 hours to find out. :(

Perry9877
05-22-15, 10:16 PM
I am not a happy little TL/S8 camper at the moment! I have gotten 8 of the 9 hour Plantlers. On my hubby's tablet I got a 14 hour Grassquatch fail and a 9 hour Plantler fail. My hubby comes home from work and he finds he has 2 Hedgehogs (I did not look because he never has room for anything) so we are thinking at least one of us will get the goal creature, right? WRONG! Breeding two normal non Harvest Hedgehogs gives him a 9 hour Plantler fail! I know that I am not TL/S8's biggest cheerleader but this time I believe it IS doing players wrong. If you have lower level Hedgehogs you are ahead, but it is still a time laden goal, especially coming from a Global Event that relied on collecting as well and considering that there is at least 2 evolutions involved.

sweetdeda
05-23-15, 03:18 AM

Me too, ninasidstorm8, I'm still trying to stay positive, but it's starting to get difficult. :(

chippychan
05-23-15, 05:17 AM
I don't recall seeing that. Five hour crops are used a lot, so I would think that if there really was a problem with 5 hour crops there would be a lot of people complaining about it. The only issue I recall people having is getting Super Seeds at the same time they were collecting for truffles and I believe that has been fixed. If you have an extra hour, then 2 8 hour crops could be used instead.

Yes, I believe there was a possible problem when the world event was going on but everything seems fine with all crops over an hour long now.

There was also concern also that 20 hour crops didn't consistently drop truffles but I harvested 6 x 20 hour crops yesterday with no trouble. 6 x 20 hour crops = 120 truffles.

Anyway, on my main account I decided to do a little speed-breeding today since I needed bombs for mining (I really needed to expand) and I was sitting on a ton of gems with nothing really to spend it on. I got a Hedgehog after 9 tries, making 18 tries in total since this started. Also got a Bamboon which I didn't have either. :)

The best part is that immediately after putting Hedgehog in the nest I got a 21 hour timer with Daredevil & Gargolem which can only be a Gold Lion and I have been trying for MONTHS to get it. Yay!

Good luck to everyone still trying for Hedgehog. I am seriously going to start keeping baby-extras of any 'rares' I breed from now on. :rolleyes:

sweetdeda
05-23-15, 05:43 AM
Congrats chippychan on your successful breeding!

flowless
05-23-15, 07:09 AM
So i sped breed around 120 gems
And tried for it since day one

Why its behaving like ultra rare with. Me

No fun at all

If i do miss this one despite all my efforts
Im not sure i would be able to contiune with the game
Which is a shame cuz i love despite my bad luck

chippychan
05-23-15, 07:49 AM
Congrats chippychan on your successful breeding!

Thanks! It's no Crystal Unicorn, but I'm happy anyway. :)

ninasidstorm8, I added your helpful post containing the calculations needed to finish this one in time to the first post of the thread. I hope that's ok!

Jennerwein1
05-23-15, 08:01 AM
So still no hedgehog. Moving on, not worth it. Trying for something else impossible.

ninasidstorm8
05-23-15, 08:29 AM
Yes, I believe there was a possible problem when the world event was going on but everything seems fine with all crops over an hour long now.

There was also concern also that 20 hour crops didn't consistently drop truffles but I harvested 6 x 20 hour crops yesterday with no trouble. 6 x 20 hour crops = 120 truffles.

Anyway, on my main account I decided to do a little speed-breeding today since I needed bombs for mining (I really needed to expand) and I was sitting on a ton of gems with nothing really to spend it on. I got a Hedgehog after 9 tries, making 18 tries in total since this started. Also got a Bamboon which I didn't have either. :)

The best part is that immediately after putting Hedgehog in the nest I got a 21 hour timer with Daredevil & Gargolem which can only be a Gold Lion and I have been trying for MONTHS to get it. Yay!

Good luck to everyone still trying for Hedgehog. I am seriously going to start keeping baby-extras of any 'rares' I breed from now on. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update and congratulations on your breeding success.

ninasidstorm8
05-23-15, 08:43 AM
It doesn't look too good for me on this one. I got a late start due to long timers in my breeding den. Including the two in the nest and breeding den,so far I have bred 7 Planthers to go along with 1 Grassquatch (which I sold since I already have 3). I guess I should have held on to a second Hedgehog rather than one of the Grassquatches. I should get 2-3 more free shots at this one. Hoping for the best. Good Luck to everyone.

kuppikahvia
05-23-15, 01:00 PM
I'm happy I do not like the animal at all because it was no problem to just decide to not even bother starting to work on this goal. also I'm on a long trip so can't really be often online.
Pity for the Pluma though...

sweetdeda
05-23-15, 02:55 PM
Nine fails but my hedgehog is on the nest, now just hoping I can complete the challenge in time,

ninasidstorm8
05-23-15, 03:09 PM
Congratulations. I only have 8 fails so far, so maybe there is hope for me.

ninasidstorm8
05-23-15, 05:10 PM
Just bred a Bamboon. That makes 7 Planthers, 1 Grassquatch and 1 Bamboon. So now that I have bred everything else, I hope the next one is the Hedgehog. I will have at most 2 more tries before I reach the point of no return to get the Pigmy without spending gems.

Good Luck to all still trying.

FigmentValley
05-23-15, 06:33 PM
Drop from 1 hour, 5 hour and 8 hour crops is spotty. You are not guaranteed one truffle for 1 hour planting. I have only planted 20 hour crops once, but I think they did produce 20 truffles for 20 hours.

sweetdeda
05-24-15, 05:23 AM
Only 4 more feedings and I move on to collecting truffles, but I ran out of food. Is it just me or is hedgehog the ugliest creature in the forest? Lol.

kittenthief
05-24-15, 05:56 AM
I'm still trying to feed my hedgehog. I did NOT realize we needed to spend so much food on it, or that 55 feedings meant getting it to level 12. Gaaaaah.... hope I can still get this goal in time.

sha62o
05-24-15, 06:09 AM
I'm still trying to feed my hedgehog. I did NOT realize we needed to spend so much food on it, or that 55 feedings meant getting it to level 12. Gaaaaah.... hope I can still get this goal in time.

I just put my hedgehog egg on the nest hoping I can get the goal in time also.

sweetdeda
05-24-15, 08:40 AM
Finally fed my hedgehog 55 times, thank goodness to power pears. Maybe I missed this somewhere in the thread, and I apologize if I did, are we not getting truffles for mining? I just mined 7 times and not one truffle.

Hawksmoor
05-24-15, 12:50 PM
Finally fed my hedgehog 55 times, thank goodness to power pears. Maybe I missed this somewhere in the thread, and I apologize if I did, are we not getting truffles for mining? I just mined 7 times and not one truffle.

Unfortunately you won't get truffles from mining, only from harvesting food. It was possible to get super seeds in the mine, but not truffles. Good luck!

luna2cute
05-24-15, 02:02 PM
A bunch of plantlers, and I mean a bunch! And one grassquatch. Still no hedgehog and I don't one anywhere so I don't think I'm getting a piggy. Oh well. I want the love pug anyways since I have a pug!! ;)

JustKay
05-24-15, 09:47 PM
Drop from 1 hour, 5 hour and 8 hour crops is spotty. You are not guaranteed one truffle for 1 hour planting. I have only planted 20 hour crops once, but I think they did produce 20 truffles for 20 hours.

I have gotten 20 truffles from every 20 I have planted. Same for 1 for 1 hour. I should hit the target with my next crop :)

JustKay
05-24-15, 09:49 PM

You can try to breed a second hedgehog. I don't really play this game seriously so I started with one hedgehog already. When I breed another, I got the goal to feed 55 times. I feed both hedgehog to complete that step. Only had to feed one up to level 7 (I could have actually feed both to a lower level if i fed them both evenly). Good luck!

JustKay
05-24-15, 09:52 PM
So still no hedgehog. Moving on, not worth it. Trying for something else impossible.

Lol, sometimes I feel like everything in this game is impossible too. I've been trying for a crystal unicorn for so long.

LonePudding
05-25-15, 01:21 AM
Been trying since this was released, and all I got were Plantlers, over and over, not even a 14 hour Grassquatch tease. Sigh.

sweetdeda
05-25-15, 05:45 AM
92 more truffles and I'll complete this challenge. Love adding new animals to my forest!

LocalNews
05-25-15, 08:05 AM
Been trying since this was released, and all I got were Plantlers, over and over, not even a 14 hour Grassquatch tease. Sigh.

I FINALLY got a 14 hour animal with less than 2 days left so pretty impossible to get this animal. I am actually hoping for a grasssquatch fail at this point but with my "luck" in breeding I am sure it will now be a hedgehog which I already have an Epic.

LocalNews
05-25-15, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=LocalNews;1115096]I FINALLY got a 14 hour animal with less than 2 days left so pretty impossible to get this animal. I am actually hoping for a grasssquatch fail at this point but with my "luck" in breeding I am sure it will now be a hedgehog which I already have an epic.

Yup, got the hedgehog with 19 hours left. Too late for me.

Jennerwein1
05-26-15, 01:57 AM
[QUOTE=LocalNews;1115096]I FINALLY got a 14 hour animal with less than 2 days left so pretty impossible to get this animal. I am actually hoping for a grasssquatch fail at this point but with my "luck" in breeding I am sure it will now be a hedgehog which I already have an epc one.

Same happened to me. 18 hours left. Sold it, since I have an epic one already,too. Will need to sell the 2 extra squatches, too.

LonePudding
05-26-15, 07:34 AM

The exact same thing happened to me with the Cactus Kitsune. I ended buying gems to hurry it along, doing exactly what TL wanted me to do. I guess these kind of quests are not my 'thing' :(

buffalobert
05-26-15, 09:13 AM
I gave up yesterday knowing I wouldn't have enough time to STILL breed the Harvest Hedgehog and go through all the time consuming quests.
Teamlava need to think a bit more carefully about these quests. It's all been a little bit pointless

cocauina
05-26-15, 10:20 AM
I gave up yesterday knowing I wouldn't have enough time to STILL breed the Harvest Hedgehog and go through all the time consuming quests.
Teamlava need to think a bit more carefully about these quests. It's all been a little bit pointless

The Puffalo Goal (Puffalo Roam) is still in the top of this goals, Cactus Kitsune and Pigmy Goals were and are just ridiculous.

cocauina
05-26-15, 11:21 AM
I was able to breed Hedgehog with 24hrs left, I spent gems in the breeding, I've used my other hedgehog to feed and used the new one to feed also, I spent gems in evolution and farm, and when I was able to finish the last goal, the goal ended in the exact same minute. I'm starting to hate this game.