PDA

View Full Version : Team lava rant!!

gizzymobaby
05-15-15, 01:14 PM
... here's to wondering and hoping team lava read this...

Is it just me that's getting slightly annoyed with all the new gifts-parts that come out on each goal week??

There's so many different gifts-parts in my inventory now, so many that are never used and can't be used for anything being sold in bakery story at the moment.

It would be nice if there was a way to delete them, or for team lava to stop producing more and more new parts.

I just see no logic in it 😝

add_me2358
05-15-15, 01:57 PM
This may be blatantly ignorant but if you don't want the parts in your inventory than Decline them? I learned my lesson after having to go through 10 pages of items to get to my brownies and cappuccino gifts.

YukitaBanana
05-15-15, 02:02 PM
You might want em one day :o

But to be honest, I don't look at my inventory anyway XD One day I'll sift through there and see 150000 chocolate cakes piled up and serve them, but I don't always check my inv. I just accept the gifts :D

gizzymobaby
05-15-15, 02:08 PM
... I don't all accept parts... if only it was that easy! Lol!!

Obviously nobody ends up with the exact amount of parts needed for each build. So it's more like left over parts. But a lot of these parts going back 2 years and aren't viable for anything and haven't been for quite a while now.

add_me2358
05-15-15, 02:14 PM
Ah leftovers. I get it now. Lucky person to have such kind neighbors! I hardly ever end up with scraps. Maybe it's the way I ask for them though. If I mass ask for one item then I end up with 22 pieces of that item. Hnnngh.

ojapple96
05-15-15, 07:33 PM
Ah leftovers. I get it now. Lucky person to have such kind neighbors! I hardly ever end up with scraps. Maybe it's the way I ask for them though. If I mass ask for one item then I end up with 22 pieces of that item. Hnnngh.

Only 20 requests per day get delivered so the 21st-40 get sent day 2 41-60 day 3 etc. but you may know that. Only make 20 requests/day or you will have a back log of requests for parts you may no longer need and decreased ability to have new requests filled.

add_me2358
05-15-15, 07:45 PM
That's sort of my method lol

mytsa
05-17-15, 06:33 PM
I appreciate new parts, how boring is it to build goal ovens with old basic parts !

... here's to wondering and hoping team lava read this...

Is it just me that's getting slightly annoyed with all the new gifts-parts that come out on each goal week??

twospoons
05-17-15, 09:16 PM
If you don't mind losing an oven slot for a while, just buy one extra of whatever machine you have excess parts for. Then only request exactly as many parts as you need to finish it (and make sure to keep track and only ask reliable neighbors), and you'll be rid of those and can build one more of the next thing you have parts for. Sure, there are some parts that can't currently be used at all, but a lot of them can be.

add_me2358
05-17-15, 09:29 PM
That's exactly how I'm clearing out my gift box with my first bakery.

bobbyrae
05-18-15, 06:45 AM
TL has gotten better with the parts in that they have been re-using older parts in new appliances, but yes, I do wish they would stop creating so many new parts.

You might want em one day :o

But to be honest, I don't look at my inventory anyway XD One day I'll sift through there and see 150000 chocolate cakes piled up and serve them, but I don't always check my inv. I just accept the gifts :D

Actually, you'll never see 150,000 chocolate cakes since the maximum number of each gift you can receive is 32,767.

This may be blatantly ignorant but if you don't want the parts in your inventory than Decline them? I learned my lesson after having to go through 10 pages of items to get to my brownies and cappuccino gifts. Goodness! Brownies?! Why? O.o

add_me2358
05-18-15, 09:38 AM
I like free food and that's mainly what I get gifted. My kingdom for cappuccino lol

lauraleighashby
05-18-15, 10:52 AM
I don't mind all of the parts in my gifted box...I only check occassionally to see how many of a certain part I need like the heating coils for the current goal. I haven't put gifted food out since I was about lvl 25 so never even look for it. Gifting parts that are so far down the queue, like the gauges, proves to be rather tedious though.

Jite1
06-14-15, 03:31 PM
I would like it to be so that it would tell me what item you can build USING those parts. This doesn't really apply to springs and such but some of the more wacky sounding items would be useful.

VelvetyChocolate
06-15-15, 05:28 AM
I accept all parts (except for ovens I've finished building and no longer need the parts for) that way when a goal comes out which uses a part I have, I don't need to request and wait for it; it's already there, so I just request the ones I need. It's a nice head start. :)

twospoons
06-15-15, 02:46 PM
I would like it to be so that it would tell me what item you can build USING those parts. This doesn't really apply to springs and such but some of the more wacky sounding items would be useful.

game guide! http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840-Bakery-Story-Game-Guide

it's still listed the other way, but you can look for the image of the part you're trying to use. (i like using up my parts, so it's pretty handy.)

zZ_guera_Zz
06-16-15, 05:07 PM
The undeleteable extra parts are an annoyance, but I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is the fact that I just lost the 23 gems I had been saving because my food spoiled and I pressed the yes button by mistake on the restore food popup. I have 200,000 servings on my counters, I didn't give a flying fig about my food spoiling.

I'm so annoyed now because of this I'm quitting. Somebody please message me if TL/S8 ever do the decent thing and put a confirm button after yes on the stupid restore food pop up. I'm guessing only 1% of players ever actually want to restore spoiled food. The vast majority of people who press yes are clearly pressing it by mistake when theyre trying to press okay to get rid of the 11 million popups telling you about the update, gem sale, new content, asking to rate the game on google play, etc.

lauraleighashby
06-17-15, 08:08 AM
I got caught in a gem trap the other day. While visiting and tipping community members for the goal, as I was tipping (apparently the last member required) the new goal to buy tables and chairs popped up. I did get the notification that the tipping goal was completed and waited a few seconds to see if the new goal popped up. Of course as soon as I start tipping again , it does. Then I accidentally hit skip for gems....on buying tables! So irritated with these gem trap pop ups. Have not emailed support yet because I really needed time to calm down. Who uses gems to skip that step? And I went ahead and bought the tables anyway.

kooky panda
06-17-15, 10:36 AM
Thread has now gone off topic.
Closing.