PDA

View Full Version : Bugged Counter!

sashahoney
05-13-15, 12:48 PM
One of my counters is bugged! Food keeps vanishing from it and to add insult to injury I don't even get the coins from the dishes! So far I have lost 3 batches of omelettes and a batch of stew which I need for the event! Can you somehow give me back my food? It's no use me emailing S8 because they don't help and NEVER give you anything back due to the games bugs which I think is disgusting! I'm yet to play this game one month straight without any major bugs!

Update: I removed the counter and then added it back again. I cooked eggs quit the game and went back in and the eggs were still there so I'm not sure if it's fixed as I don't know how long it takes the food to vanish. If the counter is fixed I've still lost 4 batches of food as well as coins. I'd like my stew back at least since it took 4 hours to cook and is for the event! By the way my diner has no chairs and the doors blocked so it's not being eaten by customers, besides only one counter keeps missing food.

sashahoney
05-14-15, 01:48 AM
Is this part of the forum supposed to be where we report bugs and get help or just get ignored by the admin? Like most times in this game us players are left to sort out our bugs and issues as it's pointless posting in here!

m1stery
05-14-15, 04:27 AM
My food keeps disappearing too!!! :mad: sometimes it's only one counter that's bugged, but sometimes it's the certain food that's bugged! Today every time I place stuffed peppers they disappear! Is this problem finally going to be fixed?!??! :mad:

randic78
05-14-15, 06:13 AM
The game did stop crashing on me but I'm still having food disappear. I had two stoves with steak and eggs this morning and they were set to be done a few minutes apart. Served the first order and went to visit neighbors while waiting for the 2nd order, came back and the dish was gone. All chairs are removed in my restaurant right now so I know it's not being sold out.

sashahoney
05-14-15, 07:47 AM
The only temporary fix that I've managed to come up with by myself, since no one who works on this forum seems to care, is to remove the bugged counter/s then put them back out again. That worked for me for a day, but I've just had the same exact counter bug happen again, so yet more food and coins lost for me today. :mad:
Just make sure that none of your chairs are facing the correct way around as sometimes the game refreshes and puts the chairs back in the correct position so the food continues to sell! I hope this helps some of you :)

orleansparish
05-14-15, 09:13 AM
I thought this as just me! OMG! I was so darn angry yesterday when I found my counter with over 7000 servings of spiced tuna casserole missing. I never delete counters by mistake, nor did I quick sell them because my gems were still there. To say I wanted to quit and delete the game was an understatement. I now need to pay attention to remember what counter it was on, so I can find a way to make sure it doesn't happen again.

sashahoney
05-14-15, 11:03 AM
I thought this as just me! OMG! I was so darn angry yesterday when I found my counter with over 7000 servings of spiced tuna casserole missing. I never delete counters by mistake, nor did I quick sell them because my gems were still there. To say I wanted to quit and delete the game was an understatement. I now need to pay attention to remember what counter it was on, so I can find a way to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I had one bugged counter yesterday and today I have another plus the original one is bugged again even though I removed/readdedd it so it's hard to keep track! No one here cares that we're all losing mass amounts of dishes and coins! Great customer support, huh? What is the point in having this section in the forums if they're not going to help us or resolve issues?!

SparklyOctopus
05-14-15, 12:03 PM
Sorry about the delay everyone! We do not recommend blocking access to your Restaurant as this is not the intended design of the mechanic and it may have unintended affects to your Restaurant.

amber006
05-14-15, 12:36 PM
I just had over $6000 worth of tuna casserole go missing!!! ��
I do not block my door, I do not remove my chairs and nothing's is blocking access to my tables. My creme br?l?e is still there.
And no it's not part of what the cruise wants. I have 3 other dishes cooking for that. I left for 5 minutes and it was gone!
It's was spices with the 2+ spice and I didn't get the money for it. I've been watching my $ all day!
I want my tuna casserole back or the $.

SparklyOctopus
05-14-15, 12:54 PM
I just had over $6000 worth of tuna casserole go missing!!! ��
I do not block my door, I do not remove my chairs and nothing's is blocking access to my tables. My creme br?l?e is still there.
And no it's not part of what the cruise wants. I have 3 other dishes cooking for that. I left for 5 minutes and it was gone!
It's was spices with the 2+ spice and I didn't get the money for it. I've been watching my $ all day!
I want my tuna casserole back or the $.

Hey there! We took a look at your account and it seems like your Counters are blocked and your waiters can't get to it. That may also cause some quick selling. We suggest to not block the counters and see if that helps! :)

amber006
05-14-15, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=SparklyOctopus;1109855]Hey there! We took a look at your account and it seems like your Counters are blocked and your waiters can't get to it. That may also cause some quick selling. We suggest to not block the counters and see if that helps! :)[/QUOTET

Thanks for looking into this.

Update: money was added to my account. Thank you so much ��

SparklyOctopus
05-14-15, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=SparklyOctopus;1109855]Hey there! We took a look at your account and it seems like your Counters are blocked and your waiters can't get to it. That may also cause some quick selling. We suggest to not block the counters and see if that helps! :)[/QUOTET

Thanks for looking into this.

Update: money was added to my account. Thank you so much 💖

Glad to hear it worked out! :D

sashahoney
05-14-15, 04:41 PM
Sorry about the delay everyone! We do not recommend blocking access to your Restaurant as this is not the intended design of the mechanic and it may have unintended affects to your Restaurant.

Maybe you could suggest a feature that allows us to sell or store food then we wouldn't have to block the doors. I like to build up a large amount of food if I know I won't be able to play for a while, I don't only do it for events :)

SparklyOctopus
05-14-15, 04:51 PM
Maybe you could suggest a feature that allows us to sell or store food then we wouldn't have to block the doors. I like to build up a large amount of food if I know I won't be able to play for a while, I don't only do it for events :)

Thanks for the heads up! I'll pass along this feedback to the Restaurant Story 2 team. :)

Draxana
05-14-15, 06:11 PM
I have food disappearing, too! After reading the comments posted here, I made sure all my counters face outward and are not blocked from the servers. I even deleted the game, reset my iPad and re downloaded the game. I still am missing food from the counters. My last item to disappear was split pea soup but I've lost pretty much everything since the cruise began, including tuna noodle casserole.:(

Please help!:confused:

EDIT: Now my food isn't even showing up on the counters at all. I click on the little "food is ready" cruise icon over my appliance and then nothing appears at all.

fahrensland
05-14-15, 07:20 PM
I have food disappearing, too! After reading the comments posted here, I made sure all my counters face outward and are not blocked from the servers. I even deleted the game, reset my iPad and re downloaded the game. I still am missing food from the counters. My last item to disappear was split pea soup but I've lost pretty much everything since the cruise began, including tuna noodle casserole.:(

Please help!:confused:

EDIT: Now my food isn't even showing up on the counters at all. I click on the little "food is ready" cruise icon over my appliance and then nothing appears at all.

I am also losing food since the cruise began. I just placed a veggie sushi dish and a BLT dish, visited a couple neighbors and then saw they were gone. Would love a fix for this, really frustrating.

Edit...just noticed I also lost my ginger tea which is very upsetting considering its cost and the fact I had spiced it. Sigh.

Edit again...wth is going on? I normally don't let games upset me but this is ridiculous. Had the loading sign happen just now, and I lost the two deviled egg dishes I had literally just placed. Then I opened my butcher shop and just lost my second veggie sushi I had just placed! At this rate I won't even be able to play the game, I've lost so many dishes today.

sashahoney
05-14-15, 11:51 PM
I am also losing food since the cruise began. I just placed a veggie sushi dish and a BLT dish, visited a couple neighbors and then saw they were gone. Would love a fix for this, really frustrating.

Edit...just noticed I also lost my ginger tea which is very upsetting considering its cost and the fact I had spiced it. Sigh.

Edit again...wth is going on? I normally don't let games upset me but this is ridiculous. Had the loading sign happen just now, and I lost the two deviled egg dishes I had literally just placed. Then I opened my butcher shop and just lost my second veggie sushi I had just placed! At this rate I won't even be able to play the game, I've lost so many dishes today.

Did you try the storing/readding tip before adding new food to a bugged counter? I no longer add cruise food to the counter... I learnt that lesson the hard way! I leave it in the appliance until I can deliver it straight to the ship. There always seems to be massive amounts of bugs during these events. Probably because a lot more people participate in them.... Maybe it's too much for the games servers to handle?

linmii
05-15-15, 02:34 AM
I too am losing food on one particular counter. Yesterday I lost a full order of split pea soup and just a few minutes ago a complete order of lobster Thermidor that I had just put out less than 15 minutes ago! All my chairs are either stored or turned and I received NO coins for the missing food. Both items were on the counter right behind my chateau stove. I just stored and re-added the counter, but may just remove the counter altogether. I'm not too happy right now considering the very long refresh wait for lobster!

ETA: I decided to store the bugged counter. I don't want to risk losing any more food items.

sashahoney
05-15-15, 02:48 AM
I too am losing food on one particular counter. Yesterday I lost a full order of split pea soup and just a few minutes ago a complete order of lobster Thermidor that I had just put out less than 15 minutes ago! All my chairs are either stored or turned and I received NO coins for the missing food. Both items were on the counter right behind my chateau stove. I just stored and re-added the counter, but may just remove the counter altogether. I'm not too happy right now considering the very long refresh wait for lobster!

ETA: I decided to store the bugged counter. I don't want to risk losing any more food items.

I feel your pain but to be fair to the game as was pointed out to us, it was not designed to be played that way, so I guess we do so at our own risk. I'm just delivering food directly to the ship and will stop playing the "risky" way once the event is done. Hopefully S8 might give us a sell or store feature in the near future as they do seem to be listening to some of our suggestions lately... They finally gave us the "Block" option that we pestered them for :p

fahrensland
05-15-15, 02:53 AM
Did you try the storing/readding tip before adding new food to a bugged counter? I no longer add cruise food to the counter... I learnt that lesson the hard way! I leave it in the appliance until I can deliver it straight to the ship. There always seems to be massive amounts of bugs during these events. Probably because a lot more people participate in them.... Maybe it's too much for the games servers to handle?

Thank you for the tip! I had tried moving/repositioning them but that didn't work so hopefully this will. Appreciate the response :)

sashahoney
05-15-15, 03:59 AM
You're very welcome ;)
What I do is after I take the counters out again, I fry some eggs and set them on the counter, leave the game or visit a neighbour and if the eggs are still there all is good with the world.. if not, I've only lost 1 coin instead of thousands like some dishes cost! :D

Draxana
05-15-15, 04:44 AM

You have two great tips in here while we all cruise these buggy waters; thank you! While I did know about the storing/re-adding tip from before (which I did in game before I posted earlier in this thread), I did not even consider delivering straight to the ship first. I'm going to do that from now on. I hope it will work for me as it did for you! Thank you again.

EDIT: Well, I just returned from my game, and realized all three of my completed orders were the first batches so I couldn't deliver. All three dishes never appeared on the counter, including my lobster sandwich. I guess with the upcoming second batches I will be able to utilize your tip.

EDIT: I'm still having the same problems I've mentioned, despite several rounds of storing/re-adding all my counters and making sure the servers have full access. Also, I've never blocked my door. I hope this bug is resolved soon. I've lost so much since this event began.

linmii
05-15-15, 02:11 PM
I feel your pain but to be fair to the game as was pointed out to us, it was not designed to be played that way, so I guess we do so at our own risk. I'm just delivering food directly to the ship and will stop playing the "risky" way once the event is done. Hopefully S8 might give us a sell or store feature in the near future as they do seem to be listening to some of our suggestions lately... They finally gave us the "Block" option that we pestered them for :p

Sashahoney, thanks for the reply. I am a fairly new player and seldom read the forum and rarely comment. This is the first time I've experienced a game "bug." I had no idea that temporarily blocking sales was considered a "risky" way to play. I've seen neighbors do it when no events are going on, so assumed it posed no problems. I didn't even know that others had the same missing food problem as I, until I found this thread.

For me, the problem only occurs on 1 particular counter, so I thought something was wrong with it. For all I know, it might always lose food and I just didn't notice it before. I'll have to test it sometime, I guess. Anyway, it's good to hear that TL is listening to suggestions. Can you please tell me what the "Block" option is?

sashahoney
05-15-15, 04:25 PM
Sashahoney, thanks for the reply. I am a fairly new player and seldom read the forum and rarely comment. This is the first time I've experienced a game "bug." I had no idea that temporarily blocking sales was considered a "risky" way to play. I've seen neighbors do it when no events are going on, so assumed it posed no problems. I didn't even know that others had the same missing food problem as I, until I found this thread.

For me, the problem only occurs on 1 particular counter, so I thought something was wrong with it. For all I know, it might always lose food and I just didn't notice it before. I'll have to test it sometime, I guess. Anyway, it's good to hear that TL is listening to suggestions. Can you please tell me what the "Block" option is?

The block option is for when you want to ignore a player. Right next to their comment on your wall is a block or delete option that people have been asking for. But I have to say, in all of the time that I've been playing this game, there has only been 1 person that I would have considered blocking who was going around leaving nasty comments of people's wall. Apart from that one person I find the R2 players to be really lovely people :)
I didn't know myself that blocking the doors was considered risky until the admin mentioned it, which is fair enough, but it doesn't really explain the bugged counters as it's still happening to people who are not even blocking their doors. Also, it only started happening during this event, I never had bugged counters before this and I often block my door when there are no events on so I can stockpile a lot of food for when I don't have time to play. Storing then re-adding counters seems to work for the most part, but it's very random which counter will get bugged so I guess that's where the risk is. I only have 1 day left to complete this event so I'll just keep my food in the appliance and deliver it directly to the ships. I'm not chancing anything! ;)

cquinn32
05-15-15, 08:35 PM
Ok this is happening to me also. I just put two eggs benedict orders out visited a neighbor and they were gone when I returned.

Edit: the same counter has now stolen my meat lover pizza and lobster thermidor!! And I'm not recieving the coins.

sashahoney
05-16-15, 03:39 AM
Ok this is happening to me also. I just put two eggs benedict orders out visited a neighbor and they were gone when I returned.

Edit: the same counter has now stolen my meat lover pizza and lobster thermidor!! And I'm not recieving the coins.

Yup, you have to store/re-add bugged counter to stop this. If this still happened when you wasn't blocking your door you should email S8 maybe they can help you?

cquinn32
05-16-15, 07:09 AM
Yup, you have to store/re-add bugged counter to stop this. If this still happened when you wasn't blocking your door you should email S8 maybe they can help you?

Ok I will try that thanks!! More food missing from the same counter today and I have never blocked my door or kept my customers from receiving food!! This is really making me mad. I was going to buy the value pack they are offering with the hammers and shovels but after reading what people are saying about that (not being added to their tools) I'm losing interest in this game.

infinitelove19
05-16-15, 07:53 AM
Read through and just want to say that I am experiencing trouble with disappearing items, too.
I have at times blocked my door, customers have access to host, but can't get to tables/chairs, but I have definitely had stuff go missing when my door was NOT blocked! Will keep an eye on which counter does it and try storing & re-adding it, but I seriously hope TL looks into and fixes this issue, It's a big deal and will definitely affect people's enjoyment of this game.

txangel1109
05-17-15, 04:48 AM
I think I
Just figured out that it only happens when you go to a neighbor. I have been watching it for several hours. I refrained from going to a neighbor. But I wanted to look at something so I went for a visit. It was gone. So during events don't visit. Maybe this will work. It cost me though. French dip sand which. In final stretch. 267 to go day 6. Yesterday I lost two cooking of creme bruelet. And two strawberry shortcake. And split green pea soup. It took me losing all that to figure out. Don't go visiting. Lol

I just put fried eggs out. Tried this twice. Put it on the phantom counter. And went to visit neighbors. Came back both times eggs were gone. I'll just lee putting eggs on that one. And see if it is a true solution. Seems to be though. Yay!! Wish I figured it out yesyerday though. Trying to
Figure out day 6 dishes.

Draxana
05-17-15, 05:15 AM
I think I
Just figured out that it only happens when you go to a neighbor. I have been watching it for several hours. I refrained from going to a neighbor. But I wanted to look at something so I went for a visit. It was gone. So during events don't visit. Maybe this will work. It cost me though. French dip sand which. In final stretch. 267 to go day 6. Yesterday I lost two cooking of creme bruelet. And two strawberry shortcake. And split green pea soup. It took me losing all that to figure out. Don't go visiting. Lol

I just put fried eggs out. Tried this twice. Put it on the phantom counter. And went to visit neighbors. Came back both times eggs were gone. I'll just lee putting eggs on that one. And see if it is a true solution. Seems to be though. Yay!! Wish I figured it out yesyerday though. Trying to
Figure out day 6 dishes.

I'm glad that fix worked for you, and hope you can finish on time!:)

As for my food disappearing, I deliberately avoided visiting neighbors during the whole event in an unsuccessful attempt to get things working again. For me, my food often disappeared even as I watched, or it wouldn't appear on the counters at all. If I left the game and came right back, what food there was usually disappeared. The event is over for me now, and I have stopped making food altogether. I've written Storm 8 in an email and await a response back.

dancer3177
05-17-15, 07:32 AM
I have been experiencing the same problem. I have to say after losing over 6000 coins because "we are not suppose to play that way" is frustrating. Considering I can only play this game for 4 hours on any given day due to actually having a life. I actually need food for when Cid comes in guess I can't have that because I can't store food. I do realize that they want you to spend real money on this game but I'm no longer playing this game. I actually really enjoyed the last event that I got to finish. Bye.

susbebe
05-17-15, 11:09 AM
Today, all my good stay on my counters, but it's like its glue to them, most of the food I put out this morning is still there! My tables are not block but still not all tables are visit, it seems like the sale is very slow on my restaurant today, any body can tell me why?

sashahoney
05-17-15, 12:53 PM
Today, all my good stay on my counters, but it's like its glue to them, most of the food I put out this morning is still there! My tables are not block but still not all tables are visit, it seems like the sale is very slow on my restaurant today, any body can tell me why?

I've noticed this too! I always have a lot of food for the customers and I'm used to making 150-200k a day. Lately my food is selling very slowly and I'm making around 25 k a day! I have no idea why as the event is over for me so my doors are not blocked and I have tons of food.

stormhavana
05-18-15, 01:24 AM
What the hell! I've just lost a fresh batch of tomato soup within 2mins of putting it out and then I automatically (stupidly) put my omelette out...that disappeared too!:mad::mad:

no restock of ingredients!!!!!

I WANT THE FOOD BACK

I have never played such a notecible glitched/bugged riddled game in my life! Appalling

atseng
05-18-15, 04:59 PM
When are you going to fix the " not stacking" problem, I'm fed up of out of counters notice... It has been months since this issue was reported, why aren't some one fixing it?

cquinn32
05-18-15, 05:21 PM
Have they slowed the rate at which your food can sell?

The past couple days it sure seems like the food on my counters just isn't selling as fast as usual.

atseng
05-19-15, 01:38 AM
Yes, the food was all there after over night...

atseng
05-19-15, 08:46 PM
The food on the counter does not go, so how can I complete the task? What's wrong with the game and your support?

abonoda77
05-19-15, 08:59 PM
My food disappears when I visit other users. It happens on one counter and this didn't happen before. Man this game is buggy. If it's not stealing money by not delivering goods, it's making food items disappear and it always seem like they love blaming the end users instead of fixing the bugs.

abonoda77
05-19-15, 09:01 PM
What the hell! I've just lost a fresh batch of tomato soup within 2mins of putting it out and then I automatically (stupidly) put my omelette out...that disappeared too!:mad::mad:

no restock of ingredients!!!!!

I WANT THE FOOD BACK

I have never played such a notecible glitched/bugged riddled game in my life! Appalling

Seriously. I've never seen such a train wreck of a game before either. Appalling doesn't describe how bad it is. The game ratings should be changed to reflect the stuff they put users through.

Dawniy2
05-23-15, 02:36 PM
If we aren't supposed to block the door How are we supposed to stock some food up? I've had all my food disappeared when came out of the game and went back to it and my food had gone. I had got the door blocked though. Could somebody please advice me it's a waste of time waiting for food to cook If it's just going to vanish let alone the loss of coins.

BiggerBubbles
05-24-15, 10:37 PM
I, too am having problems with disappearing food, however it seems to be related to putting food out prior to visiting my market when it is resetting. This morning I placed a serve of lovely cheesecake 4 hr dish on counter. I then went to my market which showed the resetting icon swirling around, bought something, came back & lovely cheesecake was gone. Believe it happened about 1/2 hr ago with meatlovers pizza. I then put out tomato soup. I took a screenshot so I could check & after I went to the resetting market, bought a pea & came back, sure enough the soup was gone. I took another screenshot to show this. It appears to be the same counter so will store & replace. I have not been visiting neighbours recently & the door isn't blocked, everything is normal. The dish just disappeared. TL can you check please.

noahszoo1
05-25-15, 11:08 AM
LOST GEMS!! This game HAS ALL KINDS IF GLITCHES, & earlier comments are correct!!! ISSUES ARE not addressed on Forums....really appears as if Storm 8 & TL admin. DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PROBLEMS!!!!