PDA

View Full Version : How can I be proactive with kitchen?

trailbean
05-12-15, 07:25 AM
I am at level 13, the kitchen is available but does not appear in any of my quests. Nor do any currently open quests require anything made in the kitchen. However I am maxed out on milk, and other basic foodstuffs are piling up. What should I stock up on? I already have black pig and apple tree, so bacon and apples are accumulating.

Incidentally, do golden eggs have any uses besides Sir Piggelsworth quest?

8hat
05-12-15, 08:12 AM
Basically, anything you can make...make it to the max. Flour, sugar, and chocolate are good staples...also bread and noodles. There are a couple of quests when you're going to need a few of those chocolate cakes and at some point you are going to have to go on every adventure so build up any ingredient that goes in any of the feasts.

Personally I don't do a lot of the faery foods (fish sandwich, bon bons, & teacake) but at your level you probably don't have those in your kitchen yet anyway. I didn't buy/build my 2nd kitchen until pretty late in the game...get that when you can and keep 'em going all the time...good luck.

Oh, if you ever want to do the exchange apple pie, orange cobbler, & lemonade for 1 gem...go ahead and make your apple pies (don't waste them and keep collecting for chances at golden apples).

8hat
05-12-15, 08:17 AM

Only the Golden Exchange...a few of each golden item for 5 gems.

readysetgo888
05-12-15, 08:18 AM
I am at level 13, the kitchen is available but does not appear in any of my quests. Nor do any currently open quests require anything made in the kitchen. However I am maxed out on milk, and other basic foodstuffs are piling up. What should I stock up on? I already have black pig and apple tree, so bacon and apples are accumulating.

Do the milk and eggs trade in the royal exchange... if you don't have that yet, build it as soon as you can and start stockpiling tickets.

Here's a good guide to how to do this... I wrote this a while ago. Check out post 43:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79660-Tricks-to-playing-this-game-I-wish-they-had-told-me-in-the-beginning/page5

The rest of the thread has great information, too.

ShibuyaCloth
05-12-15, 09:26 AM
At low level your kitchen has not all the receipts. Start producing anything you can with what you have, you will soon find out that 24 hours kitchen work is not enough to withstand the needs. And you will need your farm plots to produce the base ingredients of your kitchen.

shambalaya
05-12-15, 10:49 AM
Start cooking everything! Except for the breakfast buffet, which doesn't have any general use. The kitchen is the bottleneck for a large part of the game, so stock up!

icastled
05-13-15, 01:39 AM
I agree with those who say max out on what you can while you are waiting for quests that need them. Flour, sugar, bread... And if it's unlocked in your listing, noodles. Not sure if you have cocoa beans available in your crops yet but when you get there, start making chocolate too. Also agree with 8hat about making anything you can that will be used for feasts as you will need them all at many points throughout the storyline. And I like to keep adventures going back to back for the goodies that I get from them.

If I were you, I wouldn't let my kitchen sit idle for a moment. And start working on the items you need to buy your second one. I wish I had 3 or 4 kitchens. I started playing the game too late to get the winter bakery and I'm soooo jealous!! FYI: the is one quest where you will need about 50 sugar just for one step, and there are other steps in that quest that use lots of sugar, flour and chocolate as well. So get to cookin' ��

Good luck!

roguebee
05-13-15, 04:53 AM
Build a second kitchen. You'll be amazed at how soon you will be running it 24/7.

At level 13, I would start planting and harvesting wheat to make bread and corn for grits. Once you level up enough to get your King/Queen keep, you are going to find out that initially, cooking enough Simple Feasts is a full time job in itself. You will need one feast a day. Fish will probably be the bottleneck there for a while.

Don't worry about the other crops right now unless prompted by a quest request. Once you do, plant enough to get a stockpile of about 50, then go back to regular business.

Build your Royal Exchange once you are eligible. You can trade off your surplus milk and eggs and get other food in return (usually flour, sugar, plus often other items needed to craft a feast). The trade tickets will come in handy down the road.

ShibuyaCloth
05-13-15, 08:16 AM
And if you are really bored out and have nothing to do, you can end up like this. But this is a hell of a job and with 2 kitchen's it is maddening. I have a bakery & the table & Co

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-UnofficialGoals-RG-22.png

PS: I used some now as I send out my knights in both keep & barracks

readysetgo888
05-13-15, 09:31 AM
Wow....

What the heck is Dispel the Love Magic?

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-13-15, 09:52 AM
Wow....

What the heck is Dispel the Love Magic?
That's an adventure from Valentine's '13 and came with the coveted LOVE SHACK, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Lol

trailbean
05-13-15, 10:45 AM
Do I understand correctly that all these Adventures have 1 day time limit??

shambalaya
05-13-15, 11:00 AM
Do I understand correctly that all these Adventures have 1 day time limit??

22 hours to be exact is the time it takes to complete an adventure from the castle, 46 hours for the same adventure when you send your knights out from the barracks (gem building).

mreames
05-13-15, 12:10 PM

They are also used for upgrading your hatcheries to level 5.

Chaotarch
05-13-15, 12:20 PM
They are also used for upgrading your hatcheries to level 5.

yepp, and for the golden omelett :rolleyes:
but g-eggs not the Problem, you will maxout first...

Anaboe
05-13-15, 03:13 PM
Mwoa, I'm playing for over 1.5 years now (just started after the Reindeer Stables-event) and I "only" have 75 golden eggs (64 gold nuggets, and 19 golden apples).

jbfps116
05-14-15, 05:33 AM
crazy!!! I started just in time for the Pyre event and my nuggets are in a SEVERE shortage!! I do do the gem trade some times,but it seems with 4 apple trees I'm getting way more apples than nuggets

robotparade
05-14-15, 08:27 AM
Flour and sugar! Stock up!

Soon you will be running two kitchens 24/7 and cursing the fact that you can't have more.