PDA

View Full Version : Event: Rock 'n' Roll Catering

FrozenTurtle
05-11-15, 03:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WtyfV7b.png
S.S. Cruisy has returned with more passengers craving some local eats to whet their appetites! Help out the Cruise Director again and provide your catering services to all his passengers. This event will be slightly shorter than the last event, so the ship will only be docked for 6 days this time. Good luck!

Download Restaurant Story 2 v1.7.1 in order to participate! (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id814656403?at=10l3QL&ct=forum)

http://i.imgur.com/aBBZqlI.png?1 http://i.imgur.com/aBBZqlI.png?1 http://i.imgur.com/aBBZqlI.png?1 http://i.imgur.com/aBBZqlI.png?1
Earn enough Cruise Coins and you will earn a special reward for each day. Running low on an ingredient? You can trash a menu item and replace it with something else. However, you will need to wait to hear back from the Director to find out the new menu item. Need a little help earning enough Cruise Coins to unlock your rewards? Hire a helper, who will give you Cruise Coins every 4 hours!

http://i.imgur.com/9Y2KqT5.png?1 http://i.imgur.com/wl0EzQX.png?1 http://i.imgur.com/00kXJcB.png?1 http://i.imgur.com/Aa2PQOL.png?1
Complete all 6 days and be rewarded with some great prizes! Preheat your ovens and prepare to rock out with all your customers. Share your tips on which recipes are the best to cook and which should be discarded. Have any questions or feedback? Let us know!

Frequently Asked Questions:

What level do I need to be to access the event?
You will need to be at least level 15.

Do I really need to cook a dish 500 times?
The number for each menu item is the amount of servings you need to provide. The amount of servings varies for each recipe.

I started the event after my friend. Will she get more days to complete the event than me?
No, everyone will get 6 days to complete the event from the time they tap to start. If you do not start by Friday 5/15, the event will automatically start for you.

LonePudding
05-11-15, 03:18 PM
Yay! My Seafood shop is ready now so the endless refreshing of baked salmon should be over :D

Max quick serves has been doubled from 20 to 40!!

KP- Extra Information

Day 1 - 80 gems

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coin = 12 gems
3 coin = 28 gems
4 coin = 48+ gems

Day 2 - 200 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 13 gems
3 coin = 31 gems
4 coin = 53 gems

Day 3 - 300 gems

1 coin = 6 gems
2 coin = 18 gems
3 coin = 42 gems
4 coin = 72 gems

Day 4 - 400 gems

1 cruise ship = 7 gems
2 cruise ships = 21 gems
3 cruise ships = 51 gems
4 cruise ships = 88 gems

Day 5 - 450 gems

1 coin = 5.5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems
3 coin = 37 gems
4 coin = 63.5 gems

dragon2046
05-11-15, 03:46 PM
Thanks for raising the quick serves and I noticed u made it so u can't accidentally open another slot on the food orders my impatient fingers thank u. Lol. Enjoy the event everyone ! :)

cocauina
05-11-15, 05:00 PM
Am I the only one that cannot serve glass of waters? My costumers aren't asking for water after the I update the game...

catfoodie
05-11-15, 05:44 PM
Yay! So excited for the event wanna get all the prizes��

orleansparish
05-11-15, 05:50 PM
Aww man! I just saw this. iTunes doesn't notify me when an update is available. I usually have to check it myself from time to time, this looks fun!

bobbyrae
05-11-15, 06:07 PM
Am I the only one that cannot serve glass of waters? My costumers aren't asking for water after the I update the game...

Same here.

mamareader02
05-11-15, 06:12 PM

Now that you mention it,same here

cocauina
05-11-15, 06:28 PM
Same here.

I already send an email to TL with a screenshot of my restaurant full with no order for water from my costumers..

I need to serve 10 glass of waters for a goal and I only have 6 because I've served those before the update, only need 4 and after the update I'am not be able to complete the goal because of this bug.

FrozenTurtle
05-11-15, 06:31 PM
Same here.

I already send an email to TL with a screenshot of my restaurant full with no order for water from my costumers..

I need to serve 10 glass of waters for a goal and I only have 6 because I've served those before the update, only need 4 and after the update I'am not be able to complete the goal because of this bug.

Thanks for letting us know! We're looking into this now.

sugerbabby2
05-11-15, 06:37 PM
Mine aren't asking for water either

cocauina
05-11-15, 07:05 PM
Thanks for letting us know! We're looking into this now.

Thank you FrozenTurtle! :)

007war
05-11-15, 07:41 PM
Can we choose not to participate in this event? Will it affect the game in anyway? I have not updated yet and after the Luana fiasco I don't want to.

rosewaterlily
05-11-15, 07:59 PM
Ugh first set of orders ask for lobster thermidor, lobster roll, and mandarin salad when I've already used up my allotment of lobster and celery for the day. Refresh all three.

fahrensland
05-11-15, 08:34 PM
Just wanted to post an update about the water issue...I can see the glass of water icon over my customers now, but when I tap on it I'm not receiving any coins. Hope this helps for resolving the issue!

BiggerBubbles
05-11-15, 08:35 PM
FYI... A 1 coin dish reduces finish by 4 gems and a 2 coin dish by 12. Anyone know what a 3 coin dish is worth today?

bobbyrae
05-11-15, 08:52 PM
Just wanted to post an update about the water issue...I can see the glass of water icon over my customers now, but when I tap on it I'm not receiving any coins. Hope this helps for resolving the issue!

Same here.

RobsAngel91214
05-11-15, 09:01 PM
Same here.

I am also having the water issue. They ask for water but I'm not getting the tips for the water.

Perry9877
05-11-15, 09:44 PM
My customers are asking for water, a lot, but they do not tip. 😡. At first I thought that maybe the coins were going straight into my total, but there is no increase on my money before or after my water delivery. With learning a new recipie costing tens of thousands of coins I am not going to learn anything for a while, especially since the food costs about 5 coins per person. Grrrrrr

tywin111
05-11-15, 10:15 PM
Guys, we all know the coin problem by now. Pls keep this thread focus on the rock n roll event and not bug pls. If im not wrong there is a bug forum somewhere.

LonePudding
05-11-15, 10:34 PM
FYI... A 1 coin dish reduces finish by 4 gems and a 2 coin dish by 12. Anyone know what a 3 coin dish is worth today?

3 coins dishes are worth 28 gems! I got this by serving 1,050 plates of fajitas.

BiggerBubbles
05-11-15, 10:43 PM
Tks for the 3 coin notification, not long till new day now, I may just make it.

LonePudding
05-12-15, 12:25 AM
Finished Day 1 already, Day 2 unlocked straightaway....is that supposed to happen?

cocoquillette
05-12-15, 12:32 AM
looking forward to starting!

infinitelove19
05-12-15, 01:21 AM
Finished Day 1 already, Day 2 unlocked straightaway....is that supposed to happen?

Looks like you posted just after the new day started, just after midnight Pacific time, so yes. If you had finished before midnight, you would have had to wait until the new day started (midnight pacific time). Make sense?

annern1970
05-12-15, 01:49 AM

I am able to serve glasses of water but I'm no longer getting coins for them.

chewingmilk
05-12-15, 02:48 AM
I am able to serve glasses of water but I'm no longer getting coins for them.

Same here.. Not getting coins for it.

tywin111
05-12-15, 03:26 AM
4 coins dish worth at least 48 gems

Edit: second day it worths 53 gems for 10 potatoes

cquinn32
05-12-15, 05:24 AM
Day 2

3 coin dish = 31 gems

cocauina
05-12-15, 05:43 AM
My customers are asking for water, a lot, but they do not tip. 😡. At first I thought that maybe the coins were going straight into my total, but there is no increase on my money before or after my water delivery. With learning a new recipie costing tens of thousands of coins I am not going to learn anything for a while, especially since the food costs about 5 coins per person. Grrrrrr

Your costumers are asking for water, now, but 4hrs ago they weren't asking, I send an email to TL, reported in the forum and 2hrs later FrozenTurtle said TL was loking in to the problem, 1h later the problem was solved, but apparently now there's a problem with coins.

TL solved the water orders but didn't solve the money for every glass we give.

Robyna990
05-12-15, 07:43 AM
I can give water to my customers but I don't receive any money.

gabstarx
05-12-15, 08:02 AM
I'm having the same issue since I just updated my game I can serve water but don't receive money/tips for it :(

dragon2046
05-12-15, 08:05 AM
I'm thinking the getting no coins with the water was a change they made to the game cuz customers say things like " thank you" and "refreshing". I personally don't remember them saying anything like that before but my attention span is short so maybe I never noticed. Lol. Again this isn't for sure just my opinion of course. :)

nephthys82
05-12-15, 08:10 AM
I'm thinking the getting no coins with the water was a change they made to the game cuz customers say things like " thank you" and "refreshing". I personally don't remember them saying anything like that before but my attention span is short so maybe I never noticed. Lol. Again this isn't for sure just my opinion of course. :)

I think they always said things like that.

Hopefully we'll get our coins back soon, these events are such a huge drain on resources that every little helps!

nephthys82
05-12-15, 08:20 AM
Just to summarise, because I find this info really helpful, especially on the last couple of days

Day 1 - 80 gems

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coin = 12 gems
3 coin = 28 gems
4 coin = 48+ gems

Day 2 - 200 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 13 gems
3 coin = 31 gems
4 coin = 53 gems

jandtandn
05-12-15, 08:27 AM

Yes, the customers always said that. I'm also hoping we get our coins back. When we have these types of events, I don't bother cooking outside of what the ship needs because my pantry isn't maxed and I could use the extra help.

dragon2046
05-12-15, 08:31 AM
Ok thanks for clearing that up, again I tap the water and move on. Lol. I never noticed the comments. I guess I should pay more attention. Hopefully coins will be back soon. :)

esmerelda35
05-12-15, 08:42 AM
Just to summarise, because I find this info really helpful, especially on the last couple of days

Day 1 - 80 gems

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coin = 12 gems
3 coin = 28 gems
4 coin = 48+ gems

Day 2 - 200? gems

1 coin = ? gems
2 coin = 13 gems
3 coin = 31 gems
4 coin = 53 gems

Thanks - that is very helpful for planning purposes!!!

xxangelmariexxx
05-12-15, 08:50 AM
yea also not getting coins from serving water......and also why does it have to take so long after you refresh an order......we had this issue with the ship before....I was so close to finishing and I wasnt able too after playing this game for at least 12hours a day until it ended......cut the time in half at least... 30mins is way to long to refresh a meal....esp when it tell me I need 10 lettuce and a cobb salad that requires lettuce

LonePudding
05-12-15, 10:17 AM
Looks like you posted just after the new day started, just after midnight Pacific time, so yes. If you had finished before midnight, you would have had to wait until the new day started (midnight pacific time). Make sense?

Ohh yes, thanks! I wasn't aware of the time!

jpurr
05-12-15, 10:21 AM
My waiters won't serve food!!!! Customers come in and just sit and never leave. I have reinstalled, restarted devices and did the current update. It's happening on both my iPhone and iPad.

txangel1109
05-12-15, 10:33 AM
Thank you. This is truly very helpful. I am half way through first day.

My first 3 were:
Antipasto Platter
Salmon Sushi
10 jars mayo.

Next:
10 kale
Gingersnap cookies

I mistakenly thought that when you see the little green check that would be next so I have been cooking those items and saving them up. Any ideas what the green checks are for other than to show we have all the ingredients to make the item. Having nothing to do with the cruise ship.

suenosdejmi
05-12-15, 10:44 AM
Thank you. This is truly very helpful. I am half way through first day.

My first 3 were:
Antipasto Platter
Salmon Sushi
10 jars mayo.

Next:
10 kale
Gingersnap cookies

I mistakenly thought that when you see the little green check that would be next so I have been cooking those items and saving them up. Any ideas what the green checks are for other than to show we have all the ingredients to make the item. Having nothing to do with the cruise ship.

The items with the green checks mean that you need that ingredient or item in some way for your goal book. It shouldn't show them for the cruise ship, those will show the little ships instead.

somiemyhomie17
05-12-15, 10:52 AM
The items with the green checks mean that you need that ingredient or item in some way for your goal book. It shouldn't show them for the cruise ship, those will show the little ships instead.

I believe the green checks just mean that you have all the ingredients required to make the recipe. And yeah, the cruise coin will show up in the top right corner if you need that recipe for the Cruise Ship.

suenosdejmi
05-12-15, 11:04 AM
I believe the green checks just mean that you have all the ingredients required to make the recipe. And yeah, the cruise coin will show up in the top right corner if you need that recipe for the Cruise Ship.

Oops, I guess it depends on where the check is, doesn't it? I just went to look for the little checklist icon I saw that's new with this last update, which was what i meant (but i wasn't very specific) but I don't have it anywhere right now so I can't verify where it shows up.

(Also, my water coins came back!)

FrozenTurtle
05-12-15, 11:10 AM
yea also not getting coins from serving water.....

This should be fixed now! :)

dragon2046
05-12-15, 11:55 AM
Thanks frozen turtle. Im getting coins from water now. Question a bit off topic but I just noticed stormie is no longer a neighbor at the top of my neighbor list. Is this a bug or does stormie not have a restaurant anymore ? Or is stormie somewhere else in the list ? :)

xxangelmariexxx
05-12-15, 12:48 PM
Thanks frozen turtle. Im getting coins from water now. Question a bit off topic but I just noticed stormie is no longer a neighbor at the top of my neighbor list. Is this a bug or does stormie not have a restaurant anymore ? Or is stormie somewhere else in the list ? :)

awww this makes me sad.....I always enjoyed going to Stormie's restaurant :(

Paul__
05-12-15, 01:25 PM
Stormie is home

txangel1109
05-12-15, 02:01 PM
I only have 12 gems to go for day one. But I have 3 items cooking. When the first item is complete I will be ready for day 2. Will these remaining 2 items go towards day 2???

Jennerwein1
05-12-15, 03:29 PM
I did not notice the water issue, since all my chairs are turned. I only turn one back quickly if I see Luana or or Cid or Cindy. Has already helped once.

txangel1109
05-12-15, 03:42 PM
I completed my first day. Now I have 3 greyed out items. I only needed 12 gems and my item was 20. I guess I'm just trying to find out if I will lose those items remaining 2. I still have things cooking to finish them. What is best practice on this? Thanx for your help.

Can anyone give hints to what day 2 holds for us? I know it's 200, so I will need to do a lot of cooking. But my day doesn't start for 8 more hours.

And I loved seeing Stormies themes too.

somiemyhomie17
05-12-15, 04:34 PM
I completed my first day. Now I have 3 greyed out items. I only needed 12 gems and my item was 20. I guess I'm just trying to find out if I will lose those items remaining 2. I still have things cooking to finish them. What is best practice on this? Thanx for your help.

Can anyone give hints to what day 2 holds for us? I know it's 200, so I will need to do a lot of cooking. But my day doesn't start for 8 more hours.

And I loved seeing Stormies themes too.

Hi, txangel1109. You won't lose the remaining two items. I actually unlocked Day 2 early, because I got bored and didn't feel like waiting for tomorrow and my grayed out items were not lost- I just started Day 2 with them.

I don't know the Cruise Coin to gem ratio, but the prize is 5,000 coins. :)

txangel1109
05-12-15, 04:43 PM
I saw this posted earlier.

Day 2 - 200 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 13 gems
3 coin = 31 gems
4 coin = 53 gems

somiemyhomie17
05-12-15, 05:28 PM
I saw this posted earlier.

Day 2 - 200 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 13 gems
3 coin = 31 gems
4 coin = 53 gems

Gracias

ginourmous
05-12-15, 05:52 PM
SINCE THE UPDATE, THE APP IS CRASHING ALL THE TIME... Anybody else having this issue? My app NEVER crashed before the update and the cruise ship thing.

orleansparish
05-12-15, 05:52 PM
I did not notice the water issue, since all my chairs are turned. I only turn one back quickly if I see Luana or or Cid or Cindy. Has already helped once.

Last event I blocked my door. This time I blocked it with a chair and nothing has sold out yet. But I'll do what you mentioned, instead of opening the door once In a while to get CID to appear. I need one more hammer and shovel to get my veggie shop to level 5. I never thought the day would come where I'd have over 1 million coins. But all I do is cook and log off. Not much for me to buy with my limited space and OCD layout.

txangel1109
05-12-15, 06:33 PM
Mine seems to be crashing every time I sign on. It goes to my home screen then I go back in and it goes to the restaurant 2 start page.

infinitelove19
05-12-15, 06:57 PM

My advice is since everything greys out when you "deliver" your last item to complete the gem total for the day, DO NOT deliver that last item, until you have loaded anything you have cooking for the other two spots. I generally get all three ready to "deliver" so that when the next day starts I have at least two slots ready to go. This is especially crucial for lower level players with small pantries, and not all items unlocked or recipes learned. Good luck!

randic78
05-12-15, 06:58 PM
Mine seems to be crashing every time I sign on. It goes to my home screen then I go back in and it goes to the restaurant 2 start page.

Same here. I'm also having food disappear. I removed all the chairs so I know I'm not selling out of food. I finished the catering event for today so I've been preparing what it's showing next but everything I've cooked is disappearing.

ginourmous
05-12-15, 07:29 PM

What is going on??????
Mine just crashed AGAIN and now I am back to level 1 starting brand new!!!! What is going on and how do i get my restaurant back? I hope I didn't lose my food. I had tons of food ready and was finishing LOBSTER BISQUE and other long time items. This sucks!!!

txangel1109
05-12-15, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=ginourmous;1108957]What is going on??????
Mine just crashed AGAIN and now I am back to level 1 starting brand new!!!! What is going on and how do i get my restaurant back? I hope I didn't lose my food. I had tons of food ready and was finishing LOBSTER BISQUE and other long time items. This sucks!!! QUOTE]

My game is crashing more frequently. It's very upsetting I would hate to go back to level 1. I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you get everything back. I would just give up if I went back that far.

Do you think we should say something on the other forum. The bug reporting one?

BiggerBubbles
05-12-15, 07:49 PM
Same here. I'm also having food disappear. I removed all the chairs so I know I'm not selling out of food. I finished the catering event for today so I've been preparing what it's showing next but everything I've cooked is disappearing.

If you just block your door so it can't open they seem to get in 'invisibly', pesky little people. I just do what someone mentioned last event, you place decorations & your 'greeter' guy in such a way so they can get to him, but not past him. They will then turn away with their 'no table' face. Your food will stay on the counters. Works like a charm for me. Wish I had known that ages ago.

I also try and fill all orders up to the 'deliver' stage before I hand in the last one required. That way you have at least 2 ready to go. The 3rd order, well you don't know what it is until you finish the day.

ginourmous
05-12-15, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=ginourmous;1108957]What is going on??????
Mine just crashed AGAIN and now I am back to level 1 starting brand new!!!! What is going on and how do i get my restaurant back? I hope I didn't lose my food. I had tons of food ready and was finishing LOBSTER BISQUE and other long time items. This sucks!!! QUOTE]
My game is crashing more frequently. It's very upsetting I would hate to go back to level 1. I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you get everything back. I would just give up if I went back that far
Do you think we should say something on the other forum. The bug reporting one?

If I had to start at 1 again, I would trash it. I was able to put my ID & PASSWORD back in and I went back to level 49 like I was. My heart can't take this stress... lol Come on people this is the 2nd event where everything goes wrong.

txangel1109
05-12-15, 08:07 PM
Wow!! I am so happy you got back to level 49. That's where I am. Level 1 seems so long ago. Lol.

LonePudding
05-12-15, 11:40 PM
So happy I managed to finish Day 2 early...even if it was only by half an hour lol! Bring on Day 3!!!

lovejayne
05-13-15, 12:17 AM
After the update every time game crash and have to re enter the game again, so annoying. Also I have the potato pesto pie ready on the table then next moment when re enter the game, the whole dish is gone. The new dish cook on the oven is still there. I have the door blocked so no customer come in yet my fresh pesto pie is gone. Why can't I accept my neighbour gifts, the only option there is gift back. They are coins, ingredients etc and I haven't max out the pantry space. So unfriendly after this upgrade

BiggerBubbles
05-13-15, 01:09 AM
FYI Day 3: 2 coin worth 18, 4 coin worth 72, 300 gem to finish total

Sorry for people losing food, I'm gaining it. I'm watching for a clear space, my parfait is steadily decreasing down 98 etc requiring 3 quick serves to clear then suddenly I go back and there's 150 requiring 4 quick serves to clear, so something is certainly wrong. Are people that are losing food visiting a neighbour before they go away as I understood that made your game save to the server?

lovejayne
05-13-15, 01:24 AM
For my case, I didn't visit neighbour while playing the game as monitoring if food suddenly gone missing. Open my eyes big and see the food just disappear though still have few hundreds. The customers can't been finishing them in seconds, worst the coins didn't increase. Hope problem resolve soon, is annoying especially we spent coins on ingredients and can't earn any after dish is served.

nephthys82
05-13-15, 02:55 AM
Day 3 - 300 gems

1 coin = 6 gems
2 coin = 18 gems
3 coin = 42 gems
4 coin = 72 gems

txangel1109
05-13-15, 07:17 AM
16 hours left before I can start day 3. I sure wish they would let us start early. I would like to finish before weekend.

LonePudding
05-13-15, 08:37 AM
16 hours left before I can start day 3. I sure wish they would let us start early. I would like to finish before weekend.

Shouldn't Day 3 already have unlocked? I thought it unlocked for everyone 8 hours ago, regardless of progress...

txangel1109
05-13-15, 08:38 AM
Mine is still locked. I don't know.

xxangelmariexxx
05-13-15, 08:45 AM
Shouldn't Day 3 already have unlocked? I thought it unlocked for everyone 8 hours ago, regardless of progress...

I started the cruise ship yesterday and I am still working on day 2.....I completed day 1 last night and it made me wait before I could start day 2

txangel1109
05-13-15, 10:09 AM
Do you think if a lot of people said something about the 22 hour wait time for lobster they would review some the longer wait times. It's hard to do anything with lobster. If I make anything with lobster. I leave it on a burner and save the rest because I don't know when I'll need it for an event.

I really love these events. They have a few issues here and there. But admin seems to get on them pretty fast.

I am still having the crashing issue on my iPhone. I hope that gets addressed soon.

Now have over 14 hours before I start day 3. 😥

LonePudding
05-13-15, 12:14 PM
I started the cruise ship yesterday and I am still working on day 2.....I completed day 1 last night and it made me wait before I could start day 2

So have the rules on this changed since last time? Last time with Luana, even if you started on the last day, there would be no unlock waits. I don't know. Maybe they're still experimenting.

TiegansSpot
05-13-15, 01:05 PM
If I refresh an order will I lose all the servings or will they go to an open counter?

infinitelove19
05-13-15, 01:56 PM
So have the rules on this changed since last time? Last time with Luana, even if you started on the last day, there would be no unlock waits. I don't know. Maybe they're still experimenting.

This event won't automatically start until Friday, so before that time people will have 6 full days to complete the event, and as with the last event will have to wait for each day to unlock if they finish the day before midnight (pacific time).

*After* Friday, each day will unlock automatically & 6 days from then the event will end regardless of their progress or lack thereof.
Well before that point, most of us posting here will have finished (or failed to finish) as whether we continue participating the event will end 6 days after we start it.

***** For future events that work the same way, one can maximize the time to complete by not starting the event until just after midnight (pacific time) as this will give a full 24 hours for each day. As the event is officially released around midday (Pacific time) if you start right away, the next day still unlocks at midnight. In essence, whatever time of day you start the event, the second day begins at midnight (Pacific time) so starting 30 minutes before then will possibly cost you a day, where starting the event just after a new day begins (midnight, Pacific time) will give you more time to finish. ******

infinitelove19
05-13-15, 01:57 PM
If I refresh an order will I lose all the servings or will they go to an open counter?

I believe they are lost.

ginourmous
05-13-15, 04:08 PM
First I want to say that I LOVE those events. I love the challenge of getting it done. Yes, there comes the BUT....

I really think that they are unfair! Last I got short of getting the hula girl buy a few recipe which sucked. As the days go on, it takes more and more to fill the orders. Now, I am not sure if they are aware but we have lives and we are not all awake in the middle of the nite when the darn day unlocks. Mine has 8hr 45 min to unlock so it will finally unlock at 3am!!! So, every day I lose many hrs from sleeping. Then when I get the request they are:

GINGER SNAPS
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE

Both in the chateau oven where you can only have 1 at level 49!

Then you refresh and you gt LOBSTER BISQUE which you have to wait 22hrs to get 2 lobsters and then 6hr to cook each orders and of course you need to do it 2 times for only 4 coins. I would rather make a bunch of faster recipe than wait days to get lobster bisque done to get 4 coins. But all I get is long timed recipe or recipe that are on the CHATEAU STOVE or OVEN when I only have 1 of those.

Then as if this was not crazy enough... They make you wait to unlock.... The event is 6 DAYS... then we should have 6 full days to do it and not be stopped at every turn. You should be able to continue working since in the end it will get very hard to complete.

Also, anyone else has this issue... I closed my restaurant to stock pile on cooked food and hoping I cook the correct ones. (I turned my chairs to stop people from eating). But, I am running out of counter space and I noticed that I have 2 counters with the same food on them. They both have strawberry smooties on them... Is there a way to force them to get on the same counter? and how are they on different counters? Same food is supposed to go on the same counter!

nmishii
05-13-15, 06:06 PM
The problem with the same food on different counters is a known problem. It was first reported 3 1/2 months ago: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77858-Food-not-stacking

Its been seen by many and apparently not a priority to fix.

I didn't know about the event until the next day after release so I am a day behind, but today I had lobster thermidor cookng on 2 ovens, then got lobster bisque. Being a day away from getting more lobsters, and only one oven to cook them on, I refreshed lobster bisque, as well as other recipes. I have no problem refreshing requests that can't be done in a timely manner.

The day is 24 hrs for all of us, and we all have to sleep. It happens at different times of the day, and we have to adjust and plan to get things done during normal waking hours.

ginourmous
05-13-15, 08:44 PM
I know it's 24 hrs for everyone and that we all have to sleep. My issue is that a lot of the time is spent WAITING for the next part to unlock and when it unlocks it's in the middle of the nite. So, today for example. I have 14 hrs to wait until it unlock and when it unlocks it will be 3am... Since i go to sleep around 2am and won't be up until 10am then for 22hrs I can't do anything on this and it just SUCKS. I think it's a bad way of doing this. If you have 6 days it should be 6 days and we should not have long period of time to wait for the next part to unlock. In castle story if you have 12 days to do something, you just keep going and they don't stop you all the time waiting for the next part. Sometimes people have things planned and knowing a day you won't be available to play another day you might do more but with this process it's impossible to try to pace yourself and make sure you can complete in time. The Hula girl was the ONLY quest I didn't finish of all the games I play thru all the years. The reason I didn't finish was all the time wasted waiting for the next step to unlock. Just my opinion. I am at level 49 with a pretty good size pantry of 120 and all my stores have 2 on the fruits, 3 on general, 3 on butcher, 4 on veggie & 3 on seafood and I find it VERY HARD to get this done. I can only imagine lower level players with smaller pantry and items.... or maybe they have an advantage because their recipe have to be easier and without seafood and long wait items like lobster, celery...?

txangel1109
05-13-15, 09:24 PM
Your post says 3:44 a.m. It's 11:15 p.m. here in Texas. Mine starts over at 3:00 a.m. too. I agree though. I finished day 2 with 16 hours. And I won't be up til 6:00. It is a lot of wasted time.

I have no idea what day 3 holds. I have tried to hold on to lobster. I have 6 with 2 items cooked and restaurant door blocked.

I'm at level 49, 95 stars, and 4 items in all my stores. I don't have all the dishes unlocked. But I have all the fruits & veggies. I only have 85 in my pantry though. My street market has 6 open and my garden has 8 open. I'm afraid with even all this the last 2 days will probably be 400 or 500. Those are long hard cooking days when you stay locked. I would love to work ahead.

But with all this said. I love the game and o think the creators do a great job. I see fixes in every update. Maybe they will one day change this too.

Good night, good luck , and God Bless. :-)

chewingmilk
05-13-15, 10:11 PM
I have cooked a surf and turf twice for delivery. So there ate some left overs. At the same time I finished another delivery and a surf and turf came in place of this greek salad I think it was. I saw that the left over surf and turf I could add to my new delivery. So I think I only need to cook ot once more I think....It was a compelete eye opener for me.

So anyone tell me this.. If I turn around all the chairs and block the door.. Does this mean I can cook all random stuff and just stack them and keep them untill I can ship it off to delivery..?!

deucedeuce22
05-13-15, 11:25 PM
I have cooked a surf and turf twice for delivery. So there ate some left overs. At the same time I finished another delivery and a surf and turf came in place of this greek salad I think it was. I saw that the left over surf and turf I could add to my new delivery. So I think I only need to cook ot once more I think....It was a compelete eye opener for me.

So anyone tell me this.. If I turn around all the chairs and block the door.. Does this mean I can cook all random stuff and just stack them and keep them untill I can ship it off to delivery..?!

Yes you can stack food this way. I put chairs in storage instead of turning them around and blocking the door. I also have most of my appliances with food that isn't already on a counter.

ginourmous
05-13-15, 11:25 PM
I have no idea why it shows 3:44am since i am in Florida. LOL how can I change that? Right now it is 2:26

tywin111
05-14-15, 12:01 AM
Day4 ;
4 stars give 87 gems
2 stars give 22 gems

Total 400 gems

tywin111
05-14-15, 12:09 AM
I have no idea why it shows 3:44am since i am in Florida. LOL how can I change that? Right now it is 2:26

I'm not sure about you but my time it shows UTC (GMT) time. So its not a local time for any of us.

caramelhotfudge
05-14-15, 12:12 AM
Day 4 - 400 gems

1 cruise ship = 7 gems
2 cruise ships = 21 gems
3 cruise ships = 51 gems
4 cruise ships = 88 gems

LonePudding
05-14-15, 12:26 AM
For day 4 my first 3 coin order was worth 50 gems but the next 3 3 coin orders for me were worth 51. Weird.

Already need only 197 gems left because it kept requesting orders of my stacked recipes!

chewingmilk
05-14-15, 03:05 AM
Yes you can stack food this way. I put chairs in storage instead of turning them around and blocking the door. I also have most of my appliances with food that isn't already on a counter.

Awsome..!! Thanks..!!

LonePudding
05-14-15, 05:25 AM
Done!!!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2jdq548.jpg

cquinn32
05-14-15, 06:06 AM
Done!!!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2jdq548.jpg

Wow that was fast!! Nice job!!

randic78
05-14-15, 06:16 AM
I really wish things I can't cook or buy would stop appearing in my orders. I don't have the seafood market yet because cid doesn't leave me the right parts for the next expansion and I keep getting salmon and other seafood orders. Refreshing all of those plus all of my food that keeps disappearing is slowing me down.

nephthys82
05-14-15, 07:21 AM
I really wish things I can't cook or buy would stop appearing in my orders. I don't have the seafood market yet because cid doesn't leave me the right parts for the next expansion and I keep getting salmon and other seafood orders. Refreshing all of those plus all of my food that keeps disappearing is slowing me down.

That sucks! My boyfriend was in the same situation in the last event. He's now unlocked the fish market, but can't afford to unlock all the new ingredients and learn all the recipes, so still has to refresh most of them.

I'm a bit further on, but I haven't repaired the fruit market yet, I still need to expand. I'm getting requests for apples and recipes using apples. Thankfully they don't seem to come up as often as the fish.

On the positive side, it doesn't seem to ask me for any of the recipes that are still locked by expansion, so it could be worse.

I confess Cid gets a fair amount of verbal abuse from us. He always seems to give me what my boyfriend needs (planks) and him what I need (hammers). Most infuriating!

I'm finding this event manageable so far, although I am spending a lot of the day online, it must be really difficult if you have a lot of other demands on your time. The last event it was the last two days that were really tough. I was one of the lucky ones, I had the 5 second refresh on day 10, I don't think I'd have managed it otherwise. My boyfriend only just did it with the 5 sec refresh. I play his account when he can't get online, and these events are harder to complete at his level. (He's level 30, I'm level 41.)

nephthys82
05-14-15, 07:36 AM
Just an observation...

I've been playing two accounts whilst my other half is at work and have noticed that some recipes are worth different numbers of cruise coins.

For example, baked salmon is worth 4 cruise coins for him (level 30) and 3 for me (level 41).

I assume this is to try to make things fairer for lower level players. Anyone else noticed any other adjustments?

I was going to try to make a list of all the orders at different coin values to help us plan what to stock up on for the last couple of days, but that could be difficult if order values are tailored to individual's level. I might try anyway, and mark any which seem to vary.

LonePudding
05-14-15, 09:15 AM
Wow that was fast!! Nice job!!

Thank you! I've had an easy time so far, but these last 2 days could get tough!

DrP4ever
05-14-15, 12:35 PM
Don't like the fact that I leveled up so now get recipes from things I haven't learned yet. With 30 minute refresh & then getting another recipe I don't have it is making this not a fun event.

MeruBunny
05-14-15, 12:56 PM
I hate that they changed the refresh time of the market from 10 to 15 minutes, please return it to 10 :( :( :(

cocauina
05-14-15, 01:03 PM
Don't like the fact that I leveled up so now get recipes from things I haven't learned yet. With 30 minute refresh & then getting another recipe I don't have it is making this not a fun event.

Because of that, in less that 2hrs the event asked me to do the Surf and Turf that I still didn't learn and to learn takes 1 day..
ONE WHOLE FREACKING DAY, thanks TL for make me lose 1 hour and half just so I can receive another recipe or ingredient.

Currently I'm refreshing every slot from the event because of recipes that I still didn't learn that takes more than 3hrs to learn and ingredients that takes more than 2hrs to collect again. Thanks TL, always very helpful.

esmerelda35
05-14-15, 03:23 PM
I personally am really enjoying the event, and I enjoyed the luana (spelling?) event too - even though I didn't even manage to quite get her in the end!!
I work full time, have 3 kids who do a ton of competitive sports, and I sleep too! And yet, I still find it very very enjoyable! It's almost like a release from all the other stress in my life. Will I make it this time? I hope so, but perhaps not....but if not, it's okay....it gives me a challenge and something to look forward to when I go online to play - otherwise it's just a case of cooking more food to try to master more dishes!
A little tired of everyone complaining, to be honest.....
(hides head, as I know I'm about to get crucified...:()

dancer3177
05-14-15, 04:00 PM
I have admit I'm really enjoying this event. So far I'm doing so much better on this event then the last event, even though I enjoyed that one as well.

Jennerwein1
05-14-15, 05:02 PM
So far I am enjoying it,too. Either TL made it more doable (I seem to be refreshing less) or I have become more efficient. Whichever, I'll take it :)

orleansparish
05-14-15, 05:17 PM
I just got my piano and should finish this in time, when the last part loads in a little over a day. I agree with Esmeralda(great name btw!) this isn't so hard if you try to remember the recipes they tend to keep throwing at you. And the ingredients they seem to ask for. We did this already so we should know what it will be like. Having another day to wait and getting this over with, I can focus on FS2. Now that will be a tough one to finish!

txangel1109
05-14-15, 09:30 PM
I had my dishes ready for tomorrow. And I went on just now to see the time and my counter has an empty spot. My split pea soup is gone. Not only that. My peas are gone as well. And some ginger and other things. Idk what happened! I clicked on on the icon. It went to the start page and when it came up it was changed. Any ideas I lost valuable time and groceries.

infinitelove19
05-14-15, 10:06 PM
I had my dishes ready for tomorrow. And I went on just now to see the time and my counter has an empty spot. My split pea soup is gone. Not only that. My peas are gone as well. And some ginger and other things. Idk what happened! I clicked on on the icon. It went to the start page and when it came up it was changed. Any ideas I lost valuable time and groceries.

So just to clarify, your food disappeared from your counter, right? What about other foods? Did you have it set up so customers couldn't eat your food, or is it likely that it got eaten?

I have been keeping customers away by having my host right by the door, so customers can get to him, but then place items around there, preventing them from moving into the restaurant. Much easier than turning all the chairs around or whatever else it is people do. I *think* if you block the door completely, that does not work. Not positive, but thought that is what was said by others previously.

Another possibility, is with the game refreshing, people have had whole orders of food disappear, usually shortly after putting them out. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

infinitelove19
05-14-15, 10:23 PM
That sucks! My boyfriend was in the same situation in the last event. He's now unlocked the fish market, but can't afford to unlock all the new ingredients and learn all the recipes, so still has to refresh most of them.

I'm a bit further on, but I haven't repaired the fruit market yet, I still need to expand. I'm getting requests for apples and recipes using apples. Thankfully they don't seem to come up as often as the fish.

On the positive side, it doesn't seem to ask me for any of the recipes that are still locked by expansion, so it could be worse.

I confess Cid gets a fair amount of verbal abuse from us. He always seems to give me what my boyfriend needs (planks) and him what I need (hammers). Most infuriating!

I'm finding this event manageable so far, although I am spending a lot of the day online, it must be really difficult if you have a lot of other demands on your time. The last event it was the last two days that were really tough. I was one of the lucky ones, I had the 5 second refresh on day 10, I don't think I'd have managed it otherwise. My boyfriend only just did it with the 5 sec refresh. I play his account when he can't get online, and these events are harder to complete at his level. (He's level 30, I'm level 41.)

Just want to weigh in on the experience of this event at different levels. I *really* think there needs to be an adjustment on which orders come up, especially for lower level players.
there is no way, that if you just reach a level with access to a new piece of equipment, new ingredients and new recipes that a person can even afford to buy, unlock and learn everything all at once, partially due to time, partially due to need for parts from Cid, and partly due to lack of coins.

I am doing this event on 3 different accounts, one of which has been at level 49 for a couple of months, has everything unlocked and learned, and most ingredients give 5 at a time. To be honest, on this account, I have decided to give myself an extra challenge, and since yesterday, I am not refreshing any items. This may change if needed, but for now, that's how I'm playing it. Door blocked, no refreshes.

The other two accounts, I think were around level 18 at the start and are now at level 22. I have recently blocked the doors there as I want to only complete orders required for the cruise, as I am otherwise levelling up too quickly and then getting asked for things I cannot make. I was down to 13,000 coins, being asked to make pizza which takes 9,000 coins and 12 hours to learn and if that wasn't bad enough I levelled up gaining access to the deli, which costs 60,000 coins and getting asked for deli items. I can only buy one vegetable at a time, though I *just* got enough parts to upgrade the veggie shop. Yay! Tons of refreshes needed, hard time getting ingredients, extremely challenging at lower levels even for a seasoned player like myself who knows the tricks and strategies. I am so glad I haven't bothered with any spices or the herb garden, and am glad I managed to get a few slots in the street market. Definitely helps at the lower levels. My pantry just holds 40 items, so getting 10 of anything is quite a challenge!!!

infinitelove19
05-14-15, 10:28 PM
Just an observation...

I've been playing two accounts whilst my other half is at work and have noticed that some recipes are worth different numbers of cruise coins.

For example, baked salmon is worth 4 cruise coins for him (level 30) and 3 for me (level 41).

I assume this is to try to make things fairer for lower level players. Anyone else noticed any other adjustments?

I was going to try to make a list of all the orders at different coin values to help us plan what to stock up on for the last couple of days, but that could be difficult if order values are tailored to individual's level. I might try anyway, and mark any which seem to vary.

I have noticed some variability, even within my own account. Strawberry smoothie was at both 3 and 4 coins, but I swear the time it was a 4-coiner, it only gave me credit for a 3-coin dish. I have also seen baked potato at both 3 and 4 coins, but not sure if it was 4 coin for my level 49 game. I *think* it was, and I *think* it was only 3-coins once in my level 22 account. If so, that is definitely not adjusted for level. I wonder what the deal is?

ariffraff
05-14-15, 11:05 PM
Personally I seem to be able to feed my customers and get the challenges done. I guess I'm rare. I do hold dishes on the appliances for the next day, I almost always finish early.

LonePudding
05-15-15, 12:27 AM
Day 5:

1 coins: ?
2 coins : 15
3 coins: 37
4 coins: ?

I probably got this wrong; too many numbers to remember!

infinitelove19
05-15-15, 01:14 AM
On the topic of varying coin values for different dishes, I have 2-coin dishes of potato soup and quiche.
Are these always 2-coin dishes or are they sometimes 3-coin dishes?

nephthys82
05-15-15, 01:42 AM
On the topic of varying coin values for different dishes, I have 2-coin dishes of potato soup and quiche.
Are these always 2-coin dishes or are they sometimes 3-coin dishes?

They're both 2 coin dishes for me.

nephthys82
05-15-15, 02:04 AM
Day 5:

1 coins: ?
2 coins : 15
3 coins: 37
4 coins: ?

I probably got this wrong; too many numbers to remember!

Thanks LonePudding.

Day 5 - 450 gems

1 coin = 5.5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems
3 coin = 37 gems
4 coin = 63.5 gems

I've got 63 and 64 for delivering 4 coin dishes today, 5 and 6 for 1 coin dishes, so the others might vary by 1 too.

Looking at these figures, we can expect today to be considerably harder to complete than yesterday.

txangel1109
05-15-15, 02:54 AM
I Just started day 4. Yes it was during a refresh. It seems to be the same place on the counter that it happens to. Idk.

I have not gotten any 4 day dishes. I find this odd. I don't know if I'll complete 5 & 6 without the 4's.

fatbearsecondary
05-15-15, 05:52 AM
I started the event after my friend. Will she get more days to complete the event than me?
No, everyone will get 6 days to complete the event from the time they tap to start. If you do not start by Friday 5/15, the event will automatically start for you.

This doesn't appear to be the case for me. Anyone else's event start automatically today?

bobbyrae
05-15-15, 06:31 AM
This doesn't appear to be the case for me. Anyone else's event start automatically today?
It's still early Friday where TL is so it may start later.

bobbyrae
05-15-15, 06:38 AM
Just want to weigh in on the experience of this event at different levels. I *really* think there needs to be an adjustment on which orders come up, especially for lower level players.
there is no way, that if you just reach a level with access to a new piece of equipment, new ingredients and new recipes that a person can even afford to buy, unlock and learn everything all at once, partially due to time, partially due to need for parts from Cid, and partly due to lack of coins.

I am doing this event on 3 different accounts, one of which has been at level 49 for a couple of months, has everything unlocked and learned, and most ingredients give 5 at a time. To be honest, on this account, I have decided to give myself an extra challenge, and since yesterday, I am not refreshing any items. This may change if needed, but for now, that's how I'm playing it. Door blocked, no refreshes.

The other two accounts, I think were around level 18 at the start and are now at level 22. I have recently blocked the doors there as I want to only complete orders required for the cruise, as I am otherwise levelling up too quickly and then getting asked for things I cannot make. I was down to 13,000 coins, being asked to make pizza which takes 9,000 coins and 12 hours to learn and if that wasn't bad enough I levelled up gaining access to the deli, which costs 60,000 coins and getting asked for deli items. I can only buy one vegetable at a time, though I *just* got enough parts to upgrade the veggie shop. Yay! Tons of refreshes needed, hard time getting ingredients, extremely challenging at lower levels even for a seasoned player like myself who knows the tricks and strategies. I am so glad I haven't bothered with any spices or the herb garden, and am glad I managed to get a few slots in the street market. Definitely helps at the lower levels. My pantry just holds 40 items, so getting 10 of anything is quite a challenge!!!

I agree with a lot of this. I have three accounts as well and am only doing it on my highest level account. It is next to impossible to complete it at a lower level with very limited pantry space and one or two items per store. As I have moved up in levels, pantry space and opened more ingredient slots I have found that if you have enough pantry space, most or all the ingredients recipes unlocked, most or all the recipes learned then these challenges are much easier to accomplish.

fatbearsecondary
05-15-15, 06:59 AM
It's still early Friday where TL is so it may start later.

The days seem to "start" at midnight pacific time. We're way way past that now...

fatbearsecondary
05-15-15, 08:12 AM

Day 1 - 80 gems

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coin = 12 gems
3 coin = 28 gems
4 coin = 48+ gems

Day 2 - 200 gems

1 coin = 5 gems
2 coin = 13 gems
3 coin = 31 gems
4 coin = 53 gems

Day 3 - 300 gems

1 coin = 6 gems
2 coin = 18 gems
3 coin = 42 gems
4 coin = 72 gems

Day 4 - 400 gems

1 cruise ship = 7 gems
2 cruise ships = 21 gems
3 cruise ships = 51 gems
4 cruise ships = 88 gems

Thanks LonePudding.

Day 5 - 450 gems

1 coin = 5.5 gems
2 coin = 15 gems
3 coin = 37 gems
4 coin = 63.5 gems

I've got 63 and 64 for delivering 4 coin dishes today, 5 and 6 for 1 coin dishes, so the others might vary by 1 too.

Looking at these figures, we can expect today to be considerably harder to complete than yesterday.

Hope it's ok with yall, I find it to be helpful to have these all in one place, since people are at different spots in the event. I'll update tomorrow with day 6 as well. Thanks to those that posted this!!

tywin111
05-15-15, 09:59 AM
Yeah! I got 2 4-coin meal ready for the last day. A good head start:)

Jennerwein1
05-15-15, 03:55 PM
Do coins carry over to the next day. Say you need 40 gems, but only have 4 coin meals ready. ( this is theoretical) so I would have a surplus of 24 gems or so. Will that transfer or is it lost?

esmerelda35
05-15-15, 05:27 PM
Do coins carry over to the next day. Say you need 40 gems, but only have 4 coin meals ready. ( this is theoretical) so I would have a surplus of 24 gems or so. Will that transfer or is it lost?

It would be lost if you used it....but if you don't "deliver" it, you can hold onto it, and then use it when the next day activates....but you still need to finish off the current day somehow with its 40 gems...

Jennerwein1
05-15-15, 06:11 PM
Thank you!

orleansparish
05-15-15, 11:00 PM
I'm getting so frustrated! I'm cooking items I know are coming up in an hour and they keep disappearing. Over 2200 servings of crime br?l?e now. Do you people not realize how hard it is to make does?! Vanilla does NOT come by easily or quickly. This hurts much more than the tune casserole. Mushrooms I can get five per day. Vanilla is much more complicated. I hope they fix this mess soon.

Oh and good luck Everyone!

tywin111
05-15-15, 11:59 PM
One minute to go!!

WTF!! All meals are one or two coin stuff

ironpan72
05-16-15, 12:13 AM
I had my prime rib and French dip, both ready to go four coin meals btw and they disappeared once the game began again.
This is game *****ed me out of progress that I made.

nephthys82
05-16-15, 01:46 AM
Day 6 - 500 gems

1 coin = ?
2 coin = 17 gems
3 coin = 39 gems
4 coin = 66 gems

caramelhotfudge
05-16-15, 02:27 AM
Thanks nephthys82!
Day 6 - 500 gems

1 coin = 5 gems / 6 gems
2 coin = 17 gems
3 coin = 39 gems
4 coin = 66 gems / 67 gems

sashahoney
05-16-15, 05:23 AM
I am the first to complain when things go wrong with this game, but I am a fair person so I' like to commend S8 for this latest event because it was fun, bug free and the prizes are very nice :) I've just completed with 20 hours to spare (without spending gems) so it's very doable also. Good job ;)

LonePudding
05-16-15, 05:31 AM
I was doing well up until yesterday, started of with 3 & 4 coin orders from the day before, everything else that was requested were for 1 or 2 coins. I keep refreshing in hopes of a 3 or 4 coin order but nothing. I have 19 hours to complete 2 days worth :(

sashahoney
05-16-15, 05:54 AM
I was doing well up until yesterday, started of with 3 & 4 coin orders from the day before, everything else that was requested were for 1 or 2 coins. I keep refreshing in hopes of a 3 or 4 coin order but nothing. I have 19 hours to complete 2 days worth :(

Yeah, to be honest the main reason why I finished was because I have a lot of appliances and I stockpile food so I had already had a lot of the orders that they requested. I did have to refresh quite a bit to avoid the 1 & 2 coin dishes.
I wish you luck with completing the event. I prefer the piano over the TV set so hopefully you'll at least get that <3

infinitelove19
05-16-15, 07:29 AM
Well I'll be heading iver to the bug forum because this tendency of cooked foods disappearing off counters is quite bothersome!
I am so glad I am at level 49 with lots of pantry space and 5 items available in most of my markets! I had been planning to complete the last few days of the event without refreshing any orders and this was hard to do after my just-cooked order of creme brulee disappeared right before getting an order for it. I also lost two orders of french dip sandwiches, so at six hours occupying both of that appliance type, I will likely refresh that, too.

orleansparish
05-16-15, 08:53 AM
Well I'll be heading iver to the bug forum because this tendency of cooked foods disappearing off counters is quite bothersome!
I am so glad I am at level 49 with lots of pantry space and 5 items available in most of my markets! I had been planning to complete the last few days of the event without refreshing any orders and this was hard to do after my just-cooked order of creme brulee disappeared right before getting an order for it. I also lost two orders of french dip sandwiches, so at six hours occupying both of that appliance type, I will likely refresh that, too.

Tell them! That crime br?l?e isn't cheap to make or get rid of! I stored the counter I'm noticing food is disappearing from. And it will remain in storage until they give us a clear answer as to why it's happening,

I'm about half way through after having some strawberries, oranges, ginger lemon tea, and two other three coin items I don't remember ready. But I'm still miffed.

txangel1109
05-16-15, 10:14 AM
On day 5!!! 143 to go. I know I can make today. I've been trying to anticipate what dishes will be requested. I got all kinds seafood cooked and that's not what they want today. Have no idea what day 6 holds for us. Broccoli and potatoes were needed for several dishes today. Happy Cooking!

Lol - spoke too soon. Just got 2 lobster dishes.

txangel1109
05-16-15, 10:15 AM
Is the creme brulet for day 5 or 6?

infinitelove19
05-16-15, 11:05 AM
Is the creme brulet for day 5 or 6?

I'm pretty sure the food requested is totally random. That said, I got the request for creme brulee on day 6.

cquinn32
05-16-15, 11:47 AM
Still have almost 300 gems to go on the last day. I'm getting a little frustrated with the orders they are asking for today. Some being almost impossible to complete within the time remaining. I cook two orders of strawberry shortcake for one order only to be asked for 10 strawberries right afterward or asking for triple decker sandwich, tuna sandwich and lox bagel at the same time lol cmon. Spending more time refreshing than anything else!!

infinitelove19
05-16-15, 12:28 PM

I realize the value of 3/4 coin dishes over 1/2, but don't underestimate the cumulative value of lots of easy/fast to make orders, not to mention an instant new order upon completion, so you don't have to wait 30 minutes to see if you get a better order. I think the last 150 gems of the last day were almost all 2-coin dishes for me. Quiche, onion soup, strawberry shortcake, tuna sandwich, greek salad, steak and eggs, chicken soup. Granted the 2-coiners usually take an hour to cook, as opposed to 30 minutes to refresh, but you will progress doing them, unlike refreshing. Best of luck for finishing!

Azzybre
05-16-15, 12:47 PM
Soooo irritating that my food keeps disappearing!! Ugh!!!!!

luna2cute
05-16-15, 02:26 PM
Yeah, to be honest the main reason why I finished was because I have a lot of appliances and I stockpile food so I had already had a lot of the orders that they requested. I did have to refresh quite a bit to avoid the 1 & 2 coin dishes.
I wish you luck with completing the event. I prefer the piano over the TV set so hopefully you'll at least get that <3

I'm trying to get the guitar and I might not even get that. How do you stockpile food? You must have tons of appliances and be a high level?

I've only made it to day 2 or 3 in both cruise events. I must be doing something wrong. Lol

catfoodie
05-16-15, 02:36 PM
I'm trying to get the guitar and I might not even get that. How do you stockpile food? You must have tons of appliances and be a high level?

I've only made it to day 2 or 3 in both cruise events. I must be doing something wrong. Lol

To stockpile I was just turning all chair other side so customers can't sit and,therefore, don't eat food you cook. So I had all my counters full of food that I thought the cruise might require. But to stockpile you need to have some money to be able to buy food and only spend money for a few days. I didn't stockpile anything last time and I found it much harder to finish the event than this time when I actually had some food ready.

kooky panda
05-16-15, 02:49 PM
Please note that blocking your door or turning your counters so customers cannot come in and eat is not part of the design of the game.
Some players have experiences issues, like losing all their food at once some get coins some do not.

luna2cute
05-16-15, 02:53 PM
Please note that blocking your door or turning your counters so customers cannot come in and eat is not part of the design of the game.
Some players have experiences issues, like losing all their food at once some get coins some do not.

Good to know thanks!! I'll just keep trying.

elenavanachter
05-16-15, 04:34 PM
I just finished this event and i must say i'm disappointed. Unless i'm missing something?
I wasn't able to finish the previous event and i was a bit jealous of people who did and are now getting daily bonuses.
So this time i was basically glued to my ipad and i finished with 10 hours to go, spent maybe 10-15 gems/quick serves in total. And all i got was a TV..?
Maybe i'm missing something and it's a special TV that gives bonuses? Or have i just wasted 6 days of my life for nothing?

tywin111
05-16-15, 05:03 PM
I just finish this event thanks to all helping hand i got from laura (or whatever her name) from the last event. Maybe she is worth 200 gems after all :)

infinitelove19
05-16-15, 05:19 PM
So did anyone else notice the special offer for parts that came up this morning? Darn thing disappeared and I didn't get it. My toolbox is full - of everyting BUT hammers, and I wanted to ask a question about the special offer, but the thread that is supposed to be about that links to a different thread, so I couldn't ask the question in the appropriate place and now the darn thing disappears. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

At least I finished the event already. Put up my TV, but not sure my diners like it. :-P

luna2cute
05-16-15, 05:57 PM
I got the guitar. That's all I need. I'm happy now.

cquinn32
05-16-15, 06:55 PM
So did anyone else notice the special offer for parts that came up this morning? Darn thing disappeared and I didn't get it. My toolbox is full - of everyting BUT hammers, and I wanted to ask a question about the special offer, but the thread that is supposed to be about that links to a different thread, so I couldn't ask the question in the appropriate place and now the darn thing disappears. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

At least I finished the event already. Put up my TV, but not sure my diners like it. :-P

Yeah I hope they figure out whatever bugs they were having with the value pack and put it back up again. I was going to buy it for sure (maybe multiple times)!!

orleansparish
05-16-15, 06:56 PM
I just finished this event and i must say i'm disappointed. Unless i'm missing something?
I wasn't able to finish the previous event and i was a bit jealous of people who did and are now getting daily bonuses.
So this time i was basically glued to my ipad and i finished with 10 hours to go, spent maybe 10-15 gems/quick serves in total. And all i got was a TV..?
Maybe i'm missing something and it's a special TV that gives bonuses? Or have i just wasted 6 days of my life for nothing?

It was a shorted event to coincide with the Rock and roll decor available. The floor reminds me of nightclub story. Does anyone know if it lights up? That would be so cool! Sniff...I miss that game. Anyways, I guess they did this because the last one was so long, they got so many complaints, they wanted it to be easier. I think it was fun and cute. Not long and tedious like the last one. I finished about three hours ago. I look forward to the next one.

Even if you didn't like the prizes, by playing, you have an idea of how things work for you, for when the next 14 day event comes along.

orleansparish
05-16-15, 06:57 PM
Also, the piano is awesome! I can't wait to have more space so I can put it out. Too bad the keys aren't animated. But it's still stunning, compared to how much it would cost in gems to buy outright perhaps.

fatbearsecondary
05-16-15, 07:23 PM
Can anyone tell me the learn time for Coq Au Vin on the chateau oven? Trying to calculate whether I'll have time to finish, want to know what I'm getting into. Thanks!

txangel1109
05-16-15, 09:22 PM
Does anyone out there have just one hungry phantom counter? No matter what goes on there after a refresh it disappears? I've been taking pictures of full counters to see what was happening to food. It's just one counter!!

LonePudding
05-17-15, 02:16 AM
Does anyone out there have just one hungry phantom counter? No matter what goes on there after a refresh it disappears? I've been taking pictures of full counters to see what was happening to food. It's just one counter!!

Yup, I do. And the worst thing is, the ship nearly always asks for whatever just disappeared, which is so annoying. TL really have to fix the refreshing.

infinitelove19
05-17-15, 03:36 AM

Yeah... there's a bug thread about that. I put my hungry-hungry counter in storage, took it back out after awhile, stopped blocking my door & it has been fine since. Quite a pain during the event, though.

chewingmilk
05-17-15, 04:00 AM

I feel the same way.. When I started this goal I was thinking this is it..?! I haven't finished yet.. Still have 21 hours on the clock with 317 gems to go.. It's nice if I'm able to finish..,but just for a self fulfillment.. That I am able to finish this time.. But I'm not so interested in the TV..doesn't fit the interior I'm working on.. Which is asian tropical theme.. :D

txangel1109
05-17-15, 04:25 AM
I think I
Just figured out that it only happens when you go to a neighbor. I have been watching it for several hours. I refrained from going to a neighbor. But I wanted to look at something so I went for a visit. It was gone. So during events don't visit. Maybe this will work. It cost me though. French dip sand which. In final stretch. 267 to go day 6. Yesterday I lost two cooking of creme bruelet. And two strawberry shortcake. And split green pea soup. It took me losing all that to figure out. Don't go visiting. Lol

I just put fried eggs out. Tried this twice. Put it on the phantom counter. And went to visit neighbors. Came back both times eggs were gone. I'll just lee putting eggs on that one. And see if it is a true solution. Seems to be though. Yay!! Wish I figured it out yesyerday though. Trying to
Figure out day 6 dishes.

serenitygrandma
05-17-15, 08:01 AM
Last time I knew there are 24 hours in a day. So if you started the event at 10am the first day, shouldn't the event end 6 days later at 10am? Mine ended in the middle of the night this time. "Me thinks something is rotten in Denmark". Did anyone else notice this?

fatbearsecondary
05-17-15, 08:09 AM
Last time I knew there are 24 hours in a day. So if you started the event at 10am the first day, shouldn't the event end 6 days later at 10am? Mine ended in the middle of the night this time. "Me thinks something is rotten in Denmark". Did anyone else notice this?

The "days" all end on TL time, which is the same as pacific time here in the US. No matter when you start your first day, all days end at their midnight. If you finish a day's task early, you'll see a timer counting down to the next day, which will begin at midnight Pacific.

serenitygrandma
05-17-15, 08:41 AM
I never finished any day early and so never waited for the next day to begin.

txangel1109
05-17-15, 11:58 AM
Yay! I finished the event! It was a lot of cooking, but it was fun!

infinitelove19
05-17-15, 02:29 PM
I never finished any day early and so never waited for the next day to begin.

The last two days give a countdown, in hours, so you know exactly how long you have, to the hour. It is displayed at the top of the event screen (the one that shows what dishes to make) and it is also on the cruise ship icon on the main screen.

Last event and this event both ended at midnight Pacific time, and while we can only speculate for future events, it will be the same, unless your count-down timer indicates otherwise.

infinitelove19
05-17-15, 02:31 PM
Yay! I finished the event! It was a lot of cooking, but it was fun!

Nice! :-)

I finished on my main account yesterday and am just finishing up in my level 23 account now.

DrP4ever
05-18-15, 08:51 PM
We have been without power and all the things I have cooking are long term ones, think I will just miss it. Shucks!

altheamae64
05-19-15, 08:31 AM
Maybe i'm missing something and it's a special TV that gives bonuses? Or have i just wasted 6 days of my life for nothing?I did the first event and got Luana but it was flipping hard work at times.

I feel a bit gutted for those who didn't manage to get her last time but this event is much easier. It has been on my game anyway - almost everything has been easy to cook, there's been loads of repetition and no hard to get ingredients involved like ginger. For that reason I think it's fair enough to have a goal prize less valuable than Luana because everyone who got her did have to slog their guts out for a week - playing day & night in some instances.

I don't know how feasible it is to run another event with the chance of getting her because generally where TL games are concerned, if you miss something - tough :D

I'm sure something else will happen in the game along the way to enable new RS2ers to get a gift worth having.

LonePudding
05-19-15, 08:40 AM
I don't know how feasible it is to run another event with the chance of getting her because generally where TL games are concerned, if you miss something - tough :D

I agree with you but, I'm not going to lie, I'm TOTALLY jealous of the people who managed to get Luana! I know it's my own fault that I didn't win her, but just the thought of all the winners being at a permanent advantage in the game annoys me a little. :( I really hope TL release something similar to Luana in the near future, using a long 10 day event as their first test wasn't a good idea in my opinion, but now we are used to it and getting the hang of things, bring on the 10 days events!!! :cool:

altheamae64
05-19-15, 08:48 AM
I agree with you but, I'm not going to lie, I'm TOTALLY jealous of the people who managed to get Luana! I know it's my own fault that I didn't win her, but just the thought of all the winners being at a permanent advantage in the game annoys me a little. :( I really hope TL release something similar to Luana in the near future, using a long 10 day event as their first test wasn't a good idea in my opinion, but now we are used to it and getting the hang of things, bring on the 10 days events!!! :cool:I don't disagree with you and I managed to get her but I don't think I'd ever want to do another 10-dayer though :D

It was much fairer when Cid was dishing out the gems - at lease everyone stood an equal chance of getting them but I'm guessing that TL HAD to make getting Luana worthwhile otherwise I don't think the players would have kept going for the entire duration of the quest.

I'm really stubborn so I was determined to continue through to the bitter end once I started but I'm much more relaxed about this one - not really bothered if I finish it or not. I don't even like the tv LOL - loving that piano though so I will try and get today's cooking done :cool:

bobbyrae
05-20-15, 12:33 PM
I wish the tv spat out gems or seeds or coins or whatever every day. I'm so ungrateful for that TV it's not even funny. I too grudge those who got Luana.

LonePudding
05-20-15, 02:39 PM
Seems like a few people didn't really like the TV, me included. I don't think the effort was worth a useless item, but I'm happy with my piano that doesn't fit in my tiny restaurant lol :D