PDA

View Full Version : If i have to choose between FFS and dragon Story...

Clark_Wayne
05-11-15, 07:18 AM
I will choose Dragon Story !

Why ? For the following reasons :
- we can have more than 1 nest (limit is 5), good thing when you try to speed the breeding
- we have 7 farms , that make easier to feed dragons to Epic .

- expansion need maps requested from neighbors
- we got also expansion from mining but limit for island part is 999 , when in FFS you can not have more than 70 runes
- we can also mine for dragons parts (once all parts gathered, the crafting House will craft the dragons)
- mining bonus are bigger (in DS, max food found in mine is 1000 apples and max coins is 100000. In FFS the max is only 500 apples and 2000 coins and they is VERY rare ! )

- we got 3 golds rounds in DS tournaments, in FFS we got only foods. Gems reward is given only when you hatch the prize
- Epic Treasure dragons give 5 golds per day and there is 8 different ones. In FFS, Treasure animals give about 1 gem per day!

- some dragons can do golds quests, food quests, maps quests
- there is a trading House to trade duplicates dragons
- there is a crafting portal to craft new dragons
- sometimes we have the spin wheel (some chances to get new dragons)

And last reason :
There is a wall in Dragon Story where we can leave message for neighbors !

LonePudding
05-11-15, 09:21 AM
I totally agree with you! But maybe S8 didn't want to make the games too similar. This game is definitely more strategic than DS. I love it!

chippychan
05-11-15, 09:30 AM
All valid points. :)

I play both DS & FFS but for me, personally, I would choose Fantasy Forest Story.

They both have pros and cons, but I think one of the things that keeps my interest in FFS more is the fact that there are more creatures then JUST DRAGONS. I find breeding nothing but dragons can get a little boring. I like the variety in FFS, and I also like the art style more.

I think the main reason I prefer FFS more though is the way tournaments are handled. DS has that horrible healing spring that takes 2 hours for your dragon to be ready to fight again. In FFS there is no healing and your animal is ready in only 10 minutes to fight again. I will say I have NEVER won a tournament in DS (except one that I spent nearly 200 gold just so I could at least get a Champion to help me... which has ended up not making much of a difference in tournaments). At least in FFS I have won some tournaments without spending gems.

There are also many dragons I've missed and will probably never have a chance getting. Also, with SO MANY dragons available to breed it feels a little overwhelming at times and makes the odds at actually breeding a Diamond Dragon much lower.

I started playing DS a few months before I found FSS. I now find myself paying less attention to DS.

But everyone is different and there's really no 'right answer' to which game an individual might prefer. In the end, I am glad to have the choice between the 2 games. :)

Clark_Wayne
05-11-15, 10:50 AM
Agreed : the only reason that kept me play FFS is the variety :)
There are only dragons in Dragon Story ! That's why i want badly those "dragons" that don't looks like dragon (spider, raven, black swan, cheshire..) :D

55lee55
05-23-15, 11:09 AM
I have played FFS since the beginning and have all of the animals. When I first played DS I found it busy and complicated but after playing FFS I went back and played it for a while. After several months I had all the dragons I wanted and it got boring again so I quit playing.

Personally I like FFS better.

RorJam
05-23-15, 01:55 PM
When I "quit" FFS they had the pop up for DS to get the 60 gems, 30 for playing then 15 each for lvls 4 and 12, not sure but doesn't matter. That first weekend or so it was boost breeding for 200 silver. Really really like that aspect of DS ! I really liked DS at first, lvls come really fast compared to FFS but now that I think about it by playing FFS first i kinda new what will give xp I.e. Placing Habitats, hatching, expanding and visiting neighbors oh and completing goals. So maybe that helped but I was 19 fast and sped up to take part in the birthday world event it was fun! DS wasn't as fun as FFS for me maybe because I was or have expanded to all the areas in FFS and to expand in DS got old for me. Yes I like mystic maps but still. I didnt like breeding four night dragons in a row lol and couldn't get a rainbow to save my life! Guess I got one from the bday event but still. I don't like that all my "favorite" dragons are only rare there's soooo many rares very few supers and for me the supers are in odd elements not really like 1 super rare to every element or just 1. I dont know what is the strongest element other than ultra rares so I just followed goals the first month not knowing what the best tournament dragons are for when I'm eligible. I don't like the fact that purple, night, white, to name a few are only 1 dragon per habitat. So then I was waiting for silver and that was when I missed FFS first. Then second when you look at three years worth of dragons to breed and wow felt like I was way behind I feel that way enough in FFS and I'm only 10 away from a complete album well with * lol. so I stopped DS and came back to FFS for flash tournament and then spring event. Now I'm back for good. Glad I took some time away from FFS to let myself de-stress from this game and give DS and CS a chance. DS didn't workout well but I did get to lvl 31. I'm hooked on Castle Story now lvl 14. Lvls are sloooow in that game but fun.

Sakrysta
07-02-15, 03:48 PM
I really love dragons, but the ones in Dragon Story leave me underwhelmed. Some of them are just ... weird. LOL I played it enough to get all the gems I could for FFS and then quit. I love FFS!