PDA

View Full Version : You have to know how to play the game to be able to play the game... lol

whoviankat
05-08-15, 09:07 PM
I'm trying to get the hang of this game, but there is so much to learn!

I got suckered in and downloaded it as a goal from Bakery Story, but I thought I'd give it a try since I love dragons :) I'm almost to level 20 now. I'm slowly trying to make my way through some of the guides and threads here, but if I didn't know this forum existed, I don't know that I'd ever be able to figure out how to play the game. It's not very intuitive, you know?

For instance, I have a value pack offer which includes the Mother Dragon that I really want, but it also has these lollipop with wings things and I have no idea what they are because I have yet to encounter them in the game and there is no description. And some of the goals say something about breeding 3 different colors. What's that all about?

I have SO MANY QUESTIONS.... lol!

Like, do you keep duplicates? sell them? Evolve them to 4 and trade them for gems? maybe I'm just not patient enough to wait for them to evolve just to trade them away. Do you only breed different types of dragons together or will breeding 2 of the same have a chance for a rare?

This forum is a great resource to have, but even so, the game has been out so long that some of the information that's out there seems to be outdated. When I first got a goal for questing, I was frustrated that the outpost didn't show up. Then from looking around here, I thought I had figured out that it wasn't available to me since I'm on Android. But, lo and behold, the outpost showed up the next day and I CAN go on quests...

Thanks for "listening"

Any helpful tips you can give would be greatly appreciated :) Oh, and neighbors appreciated as well!

ETA: OK, I know what dragon pops are now, but since the world event icon showed up after the value pack offer that included them, I was in the dark for a while :)

lauraleighashby
05-09-15, 06:42 AM
I have not been playing for very long either. I,too, went through the forum...overwhelming but did get some great info. I started by just following the quests before that as well became overwhelming. Then I just started breeding to try for different dragons at random. The lollipops are for a current world event...once you collect so many you start to get prizes....there is a sticky above in the forums on it. I tend to keep all of my dragons til I have no room for them....then I trade them...which gives you materials to craft other dragons or some decor (I think). I only trade rares if I don't have time to wait for a habitat to build. Once you reach level 32 you can begin battling, which during events, can earn you special dragons. I also spend my coins on expanding and clearing land for more habitats.
I am sure more experienced players can offer much more insight and strategy but hopefully this helps a little.

lauraleighashby
05-09-15, 06:51 AM
Also, I would recommend,if you have the space and money, skipping buying the small habitats. Upgrading to large is the same price as buying a large so whatever you paid for the small is basically money you lose.

roguebee
05-09-15, 07:37 AM
The only advantage to upgrading a small habitat rather than selling and buying the larger on is that your dragon continues to earn coins while the upgrade is ongoing. Makes a difference early in the games. As for duplicates, I tend to sell the commons off the nest and keep the rares (and higher) to evolve and trade for gems.

Anaboe
05-09-15, 09:08 AM
I made a guide to beginning players:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69085-An-(as-short-as-possible)-Introduction-to-Dragon-Story&p=909540#post909540

Perhaps it's helpfull to you all :)

kooky panda
05-09-15, 03:33 PM
I made a guide to beginning players:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69085-An-(as-short-as-possible)-Introduction-to-Dragon-Story&p=909540#post909540

Perhaps it's helpful to you all :)
You can ask questions on the above thread.