PDA

View Full Version : Magic Cement

88silver
05-08-15, 06:15 AM
Oh, Magic Cement, how I loath thee.

I'm on part 2 of the Blythewood Sapling quest line. And I'm stuck at the part where I have to visit a level 5 deep mine. Which takes NINE Magic Cement to upgrade to.

(Now, a rant.)

Each Magic Cement takes 78 hours (if you include the time to make Enchanter's Essence) and 148 sap! If I were able to craft continuously (when one craft was done, immediately start the next), didn't need my potion shop for anything else, and had an unlimited supply of all the non-glue related ingredients (148 sap, 100 wood, 70 glimmer dust, 34 water, 15 silver, 15 living wood, 5 mermaid scales, and 15,000 coins for a single magic cement), it would take over two weeks to make that much magic cement.

ETA: Since I don't immediately start the next item in the potion shop and I don't have unlimited sap/wood sitting around, each magic cement takes way longer than 3ish days. The above "over two weeks" quote is the minimum for this quest. It's taking me waaaaay longer. Hence my disdain for this part of the quest.

This quest could seriously be a game quitting quest. I can't advance in the story line without it and the monotony of making magic cement over and over and over nullifies any enjoyment this game gives.

(End of rant.)

So. How do I make this easier?

I try to send out Desert Sands adventures in hopes of receiving some magic cement. I think I've gotten one so far. I've seriously have had better luck getting burning embers (2 so far!) from that adventure.

I have the fortune tellers tent. I'm currently on the glimmer rock fortune. I'm really tempted to skip past it to get to the unlimited super glue fortune. Free super glue would reduce the Magic Cement creation time to 48 hours. But if I were to finish the glimmer rock fortune, it'd probably take two weeks before I get the super glue anyway.

I have 250 gems. Is there anything I can buy with them that will help?

Help. Please. How can I reduce the time/monotony of this quest?

ShibuyaCloth
05-08-15, 06:20 AM
Well, when this quest arrived, the old-timers had a insane surplus of cement anyway. New players hit this quest faster so you hit the resource wall. Take your time, this game is about patience.

mudkipsssssss
05-08-15, 07:17 AM
Honestly just take your time. Right now I have 3 magic cements, 8 ornate blocks, and 1 ornate beam. My Deep mine is level 3.

I'm not on that quest, but I have so much extra silver that I am trying to use it by making magic cement.

You don't have to plow through a quest as soon as you get it. If you do that you might get burned out.

Just take your time, enjoy the game. Before you know it you'll be done with the quest!

shambalaya
05-08-15, 07:26 AM
Like the others said, just take your time and don't obsess about the cement, play the game and set your own goals in the meantime. Be happy that you have a goal and savor that sweet feeling of working towards something, instead of aimlessly hoarding resources. The day will come when you're maxed out on magic cement and desperately wish for some kind og challenge!

88silver
05-08-15, 07:35 AM
This is the only quest I have. This IS my game. That's my problem. I'd rather have no goal than a monotonous goal like this one.

I can't enjoy the game when the only thing I have to do is make magic cement. I'm always overflowing with energy, because I have nothing to use it on, because the only thing worth collecting from is resource buildings and crafting buildings. I'm maxed on crops. I don't collect from coin buildings because I don't need coins. I actually dislike it when the pink or wedding alicorn drops a large amount of energy because I have no clue what to use it for.

I asked for advice on how to make/acquire magic cement without building the entire thing from scratch each time. If there is no way to do that, just say so.

ShibuyaCloth
05-08-15, 07:41 AM
Well well, just click on the link in my sig,I am sure your are in for a challenge :p

mudkipsssssss
05-08-15, 09:16 AM
Do you have a tinker camp? Because that could make this a lot easier.

lindtball
05-08-15, 10:25 AM
I managed to get several cements using 30 trade tickets and using them to make one of the boxes, enchanted I think, or the other one. I happened to have almost 90 trade tickets at the time so I used the, for this, little did I know it would take much longer to get my tinkers camp, but it was worth it at the time.

ShibuyaCloth
05-08-15, 12:24 PM
I managed to get several cements using 30 trade tickets and using them to make one of the boxes, enchanted I think, or the other one. I happened to have almost 90 trade tickets at the time so I used the, for this, little did I know it would take much longer to get my tinkers camp, but it was worth it at the time.

Hmmm, the tinker camp will pay back much faster. Once you have it you will be faced with raw resource shortage. Have the potion shops chain produce the cheap stuff, and the tinker camp do the long haulers. I used also some tickets in the past for boxes, not worth IMO

GarfieldandPookie
05-08-15, 01:27 PM
I have received magic cement from the transverse the desert sands adventure.

88silver
05-08-15, 02:02 PM
I think I did a materials exchange once and didn't get cement from it. I just don't have good luck getting random drop cements, it seems. Once I get enough syrup drops from my maple tree, I'll try desert sands again (I hate to use sap to make syrup since I need so much for the cement).

Tetelestai72
05-08-15, 08:08 PM
If I am remembering correctly, this was one of the only times I used gems to skip something. Isn't the option to skip collecting from a level 5 mine around 20 or so gems? At the time my deep mines were level 3 and 1 and it didn't seem worth the resources to me, especially since I'm the type of player that only checks in once or twice a day, so upgrading for shortened collection times has no benefit to me. Skipping is an option if it makes sense for your play style and happiness in playing the game.

Anaboe
05-09-15, 09:35 AM
Do you do an adventure on a daily basis? These adventures give you great rewards, and it's quite challenging to make enough stuff in your kitchens to do the expensive ones regularly.

That's what you can do with your overflow on energy. Also, try to have all basic needs (flour/surgar/bread/chocolate/blocks/beams/fancy beams/fancy blocks) atleast at 50, preverably 70 or even 90... That will give you something to do too, and will be very helpfull with next goals and/or events.

Right now, I'm at the point that I'm trying to make 99 magic cement (I now have 22)... Just to show you the relativeness of 9 magic cement ;)

88silver
05-09-15, 10:04 AM
I do adventures daily. But I don't do the Desert Sands one daily, because I don't make syrup, I wait for it to drop from my maple tree. The Desert Sands one seems to be the only one that drops Cement. Although a stray builders paste drop from a different adventure would still be helpful.

ShibuyaCloth
05-09-15, 11:20 AM
And when you have too much energy to spare you end up like this :/

Well, it took me 2 years work. And not far from 1000 pine trees to cut.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-UnofficialGoals-RG-21.png

purpledatura852
05-10-15, 12:17 AM
Have you done Sister, Sister yet? If not, you're gonna loooove that one. It took me 4 months to complete

88silver
05-10-15, 08:27 AM
For some reason, a long term goal that *doesn't* block storyline progress doesn't seem as frustrating. What bothers me is that I cannot continue in the storyline without making magic cement.

tigerlillyherron
05-10-15, 06:24 PM
Yea. Im making magic cement for greseldas bs questline. And i want to **** myself. LOL.
I know this all too well! :)

Chaotarch
05-11-15, 02:06 AM
Yea. Im making magic cement for greseldas bs questline. And i want to **** myself. LOL.

lol, long time ago...if i remember right, all my m-cement for greselda and lv5 deepmine were from desert sands ( sweet feasts and armors are easier as complete m-cement )

now, mmh shibuya maybe the maxoutmaster, i have crafted ( over night nothing special to do, lol ) and collect from the w-couldron:

ladyperidot
05-11-15, 02:43 AM

For me , it's not so much the magic cement as it is those drafted ornate beams! That's a lot of living wood

Chaotarch
05-11-15, 05:56 AM
For me , it's not so much the magic cement as it is those drafted ornate beams! That's a lot of living wood

you got ornated stuff, sometimes enchated stuff, from desert sands too.

ladyperidot
05-11-15, 03:05 PM
you got ornated stuff, sometimes enchated stuff, from desert sands too.

I know, it game a block last time, which I didn't need! And for some reason, my bountiful table does not drop sweet feasts very often. Seems like crafting that takes almost as much time as the other. Oh well, I'm in no hurry.

TwiWoods
05-11-15, 04:52 PM
I think some of these goals are intended to take weeks and sometimes months to complete. Once you get this far in the story, they do get harder to challenge the higher level players.

Don't give up the log fortune! I don't remember how long it took to get the magic cement for Griselda, but I know it is not near the time I am going to be on Sister, Sister. I have the log fortune active and it is still taking me forever to get all items to trade for the inscriptions. (Which is ok by me- I knew what was coming) I now know what all the fuss was about and feel sorry for those that don't have the glimmer fragment/shard fortune to help. I did get distracted from Sister sister during Pink Alicorn, Flower frenzy and Horse update to break the boredom of one goal though. Do you grow trees and chop rocks with extra energy to get more sap, silver and other materials? Or as suggested above, do 'unofficial' goals, max out crops or do trades and collect expansion permits.
Good Luck :)

ShibuyaCloth
05-11-15, 11:29 PM
I know, it game a block last time, which I didn't need! And for some reason, my bountiful table does not drop sweet feasts very often. Seems like crafting that takes almost as much time as the other. Oh well, I'm in no hurry.

I have not made real stats, but I get 1 sweet feast in every 6-7 drops. In general Simple, Hearty, or Spicy (got quite a lot lately). Also I get Hearty & Mercury from other sources. All in all I don't make often feast as I cannot and don't want to send my knight out more.

shambalaya
05-12-15, 02:32 AM
I have not made real stats, but I get 1 sweet feast in every 6-7 drops. In general Simple, Hearty, or Spicy (got quite a lot lately). Also I get Hearty & Mercury from other sources. All in all I don't make often feast as I cannot and don't want to send my knight out more.

Yeah, when you're maxed on everything they bring back except gems and energy, it's not quite as good a deal! I do it anyway though, because I can always use gems and energy and I know that I'll max out on feasts otherwise :-)

ladyperidot
05-12-15, 03:22 AM
P
I think some of these goals are intended to take weeks and sometimes months to complete. Once you get this far in the story, they do get harder to challenge the higher level players.

Don't give up the log fortune! I don't remember how long it took to get the magic cement for Griselda, but I know it is not near the time I am going to be on Sister, Sister. I have the log fortune active and it is still taking me forever to get all items to trade for the inscriptions. (Which is ok by me- I knew what was coming) I now know what all the fuss was about and feel sorry for those that don't have the glimmer fragment/shard fortune to help. I did get distracted from Sister sister during Pink Alicorn, Flower frenzy and Horse update to break the boredom of one goal though. Do you grow trees and chop rocks with extra energy to get more sap, silver and other materials? Or as suggested above, do 'unofficial' goals, max out crops or do trades and collect expansion permits.
Good Luck :)

I'm in no hurry. I've got both the Blythewood and Greselda lines going. Baking for the Baron gives me something to do while I wait for Agnes to respond

brenstal
05-13-15, 12:31 AM
I neighbor requested you to look at your kingdom. I'm Batropia, don't feel like you have to accept my request. :) It looks like you figured it out because your Deep Mine is level 5, but I though I would add that growing and chopping sap trees would be a really good source of both sap and wood. I remember doing that when I was making all that magic cement.

88silver
05-13-15, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I was part way there when I started the thread (when the monotony started driving me nuts). I've got some sap trees hiding out in a corner of the kingdom., as I used them for making the various glues needed.