PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from Storm8!

PikaSquirrel
05-06-15, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Please check your Kingdom Goals list for a gift from Storm8. Please be sure to collect this gift before May 11th at 12 PM DST. Thank you!

dyl625
05-06-15, 06:35 PM
This was such a nice surprise today. Thank you TL!

Ratisorn
05-06-15, 06:53 PM
Thank you,:o TL

anne202b
05-06-15, 07:09 PM
Thank you, TL!! :) Wow! :)

kat8rose
05-06-15, 07:15 PM
Thanks

jbfps116
05-06-15, 07:34 PM
i luv free stuff

dragoniakingdom
05-06-15, 07:35 PM
That was a nice surprise.

Thank you Storm8.:)

tazdeil
05-06-15, 07:43 PM
Thank you for the surprise

tardis2489
05-06-15, 07:45 PM
Thanks ! Very nice surprise!

Korlcek
05-06-15, 08:47 PM
20 gems, wow! Thank you very much.

reliquary
05-06-15, 09:16 PM
....uhhhh....why?
Sorry for being skeptical.....but something smells like fresh bags of fertilizer.

Does this 20 gems "gift" have something to do with me selling both of my lv5 stables under a pretense of being able to buy more horses in the future for 999...that's ninehundred and ninety nine gems...and then being told at the last minute, that I can no longer make that future purchase.....?

Or is it just from the kindness of Lava's heart?

55lee55
05-06-15, 09:16 PM
Very nice Storm8. Thanks!

wallada
05-06-15, 09:20 PM
Thanks 💝💝💝😊😊😊

anurulz
05-06-15, 09:31 PM
It was a nice gesture...thank you

ashliejb
05-06-15, 09:51 PM
There was a new thing in the event log ..it was a thank you from storm8. 20 gems and 10 energy.

That was surprisingly nice of them.

luna2cute
05-06-15, 09:52 PM
What a wonderful surprise, thank you!!!! :)

totalwasteoftime
05-06-15, 11:11 PM
Gems and energy... Thanks! And I'm so glad the energy is in a crate so I can pull it out when I need it instead of having to use it immediately!

tuffyjkitten
05-06-15, 11:33 PM
Thanks!! Very unexpected and appreciated. :D

purpledatura852
05-07-15, 01:02 AM
That's a lovely gesture. Thank you too!

saruccia1963
05-07-15, 01:17 AM
Thanks you Storm8! What a nice surprise, that's kind of you!
Sara

dragon2046
05-07-15, 02:49 AM
Thanks. Woohoo! Energy and gems. :)

Gabi2111
05-07-15, 03:12 AM
Very nice indeed. Thanks :)

ovadehill
05-07-15, 03:40 AM
Avid reader of the forum but never post, but this deserves a big 'Thank you S8!'

starbow6
05-07-15, 03:45 AM
Thank you for this great gift. It was such a nice surprise.

my2place
05-07-15, 03:56 AM
What a nice surprise, thank you S8/TL!

Drie918
05-07-15, 03:57 AM
Thank you ☺️

PurpleScorpion76
05-07-15, 04:03 AM
Thank you, it's very much appreciated after the bug weekend.

hartland53
05-07-15, 04:08 AM
Thank you Storm8!

Anaboe
05-07-15, 04:19 AM
....uhhhh....why?
Sorry for being skeptical.....but something smells like fresh bags of fertilizer.

Does this 20 gems "gift" have something to do with me selling both of my lv5 stables under a pretense of being able to buy more horses in the future for 999...that's ninehundred and ninety nine gems...and then being told at the last minute, that I can no longer make that future purchase.....?

Or is it just from the kindness of Lava's heart?
This. I'm in exact the same position as you, sold both my lvl 5 stable, because I wanted the other horse too, somewhere in the future. It has costs me massive resources to upgrade new ones to level 4. Now I can't even upgrade them to level 50 due to the amount of recources.

No, 20 gems and 25 energy is nowhere near enough to compensatie for 2 lvl 5 Stables. I don't want to sound ungratefull, but I just feel there isn't much to be gratefull about.

katbtodd
05-07-15, 04:26 AM
Thank you TL/S8 this was a wonderful gift ,which you didn't have to gift, thanks again,Wishing more people felt that way!

Wonkaland99
05-07-15, 04:41 AM
Today is election day in UK. Politicians promising all sorts of goodies to make the mugs (I mean voters) overlook their past screw-ups. Any similarity between this comment and S8's amazingly generous gift is purely coincidental.

tigerlillyherron
05-07-15, 04:49 AM
Good morning and thank you storm 8 team. That was a lovely suprise! :)

mehershey
05-07-15, 05:39 AM
Thanks TL! Nice surprise. And a question for those who you who sold your stables instead of storing them-why? Wouldn't putting them in storage have made more sense? It sounds like most people who sold then bought new stables and immediately started building back up to level four, so they must have had a lot of surplus resources anyway. I understand being annoyed at the waste of duplicating effort but I don't get why they were sold in the first place. Sorry if that is a dumb question - I'm fairly new and just now learning some of these strategies for long term play.

tito786
05-07-15, 05:40 AM
Thank you Storm8.:)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-07-15, 07:12 AM
Thx for the 20 gems and 25-energy crate.
---------------
@Mehershey ~ I can't answer for others but my stables were sold and rebuilt to lv 4 (instead of storing them) so I could still collect from them several times/day. Make sense? :)

meme1098
05-07-15, 07:14 AM
Thx for the 20 gems and 25-energy crate.
---------------
@Mehershey ~ I can't answer for others but my stables were sold and rebuilt to lv 4 (instead of storing them) so I could still collect from them several times/day. Make sense? :)

That's exactly why I did that, too. Need those extra items for trades, etc. to keep my buildings crafting at all times.

Anaboe
05-07-15, 07:30 AM
Thanks TL! Nice surprise. And a question for those who you who sold your stables instead of storing them-why? Wouldn't putting them in storage have made more sense? It sounds like most people who sold then bought new stables and immediately started building back up to level four, so they must have had a lot of surplus resources anyway. I understand being annoyed at the waste of duplicating effort but I don't get why they were sold in the first place. Sorry if that is a dumb question - I'm fairly new and just now learning some of these strategies for long term play.

Putting them in storage would have made them unavailable, AND you wouldn't be able to make new ones. There's a cap of 2 stables in each kingdom, so when you have 2 lvl 5 stables, but you don't want to collect from them, you have 2 optons:
* never collect from stables and miss out on all the goodies they give - huge setback on trades and thus expansion-permits, since the milk-egg trade is the easiest one.
* sell them and rebuild them to lvl 4, which requires huge investments.

The investments aren't bad or evil, IF you had enough time to get your second horse, thus giving something in return. Now that they took that time from us, we just wasted tons of energy and resourses and getting nothing in return.

That's why we're so mad and that's why 20 gems + 25 energy is nice, but nowhere near covering my losses. They made the choise to involve collecting from a lvl 5 Stable. They made the choice to make the "make a horse"goal unlimited. They gave us the opportunity, and now take it away with only 9 days...

Due to this sudden change of heart, this broken promise, we've lost:
474,600 coins
20 fancy beams
20 fancy blocks
6 super glue
12 royal beams
12 royal blocks
100 corn
100 wheet
100 carrots
100 cabbages

And let's not forget how much time and recourses it costs to make all those beams, glue and blocks... So no, 20 gems and 25 energie is NOWHERE near enough to compensate for that loss.

So I'm sorry, I'm not impressed, nor very gratefull.

badbunny42
05-07-15, 07:46 AM
I was more than content with my one horse so this is a super happy for me. Thanks S8!

mehershey
05-07-15, 08:09 AM
That's exactly why I did that, too. Need those extra items for trades, etc. to keep my buildings crafting at all times.

Ahh, yes, that does make sense. I forgot/didn't realize that we are limited to two stables - stored or not. I'm currently leveling up my various buildings very slowly and only when prompted, so I am not focused on some of these bigger strategies yet. Thank you!

mehershey
05-07-15, 08:13 AM
Putting them in storage would have made them unavailable, AND you wouldn't be able to make new ones. There's a cap of 2 stables in each kingdom, so when you have 2 lvl 5 stables, but you don't want to collect from them, you have 2 optons:
* never collect from stables and miss out on all the goodies they give - huge setback on trades and thus expansion-permits, since the milk-egg trade is the easiest one.
* sell them and rebuild them to lvl 4, which requires huge investments.

The investments aren't bad or evil, IF you had enough time to get your second horse, thus giving something in return. Now that they took that time from us, we just wasted tons of energy and resourses and getting nothing in return.

That's why we're so mad and that's why 20 gems + 25 energy is nice, but nowhere near covering my losses. They made the choise to involve collecting from a lvl 5 Stable. They made the choice to make the "make a horse"goal unlimited. They gave us the opportunity, and now take it away with only 9 days...

Due to this sudden change of heart, this broken promise, we've lost:
474,600 coins
20 fancy beams
20 fancy blocks
6 super glue
12 royal beams
12 royal blocks
100 corn
100 wheet
100 carrots
100 cabbages

And let's not forget how much time and recourses it costs to make all those beams, glue and blocks... So no, 20 gems and 25 energie is NOWHERE near enough to compensate for that loss.

So I'm sorry, I'm not impressed, nor very gratefull.

I get it - I'd be annoyed too. It's harder for us newer players to think so strategically and long term. As soon as I heard that it would be 999 gems to get a second horse I stopped listening, leveled up my stable from 3 to 5, and collected from it. There is no way I could ever imagine having not only 999 gems, but 999 gems and nothing else I'd much rather have - like the Harvest Pergola and Reindeer Stable and Mithril Dragon. So really, we're talking a couple of thousand gems, lol. I remain impressed with those of you who could even consider buying a second horse and agree that it totally sucks for the long term players who are sticking around even though the story line is done and trying to find things to keep them engaged.

ndtrance
05-07-15, 08:18 AM
It's sad that when I saw this new goal with the rewards I knew that something bad had happened. I couldn't even remember the event they were talking about so I came here. I read the choose your steed thread and now I see. I finished the event sometime last week and didn't realize what happened afterwards. I appreciate the energy and gems, but I also appreciate all the players who put their time and hearts into this game and share info and opinions. I hope that S8 will get better at listening to and working with their players for now on. Thanks again for the gems and energy!

BiteMe111
05-07-15, 08:24 AM
Thank you very much for this unexpected gift!

jim23cash
05-07-15, 08:35 AM
Thank you for the gift! :D

jaymieb2
05-07-15, 09:13 AM
When I saw the gift, I wanted to find out why...

Correct me if I am wrong - the game designers made the update so we had to choose between the two horses, with a second horse being available for purchase for the sum of 999 gems, which was too outlandish for all but a select few. Then, a loophole was found! Even though there was no time limit on the next two steps, when you collect from a level 5 stable, the quest ends, so some experienced players found a way around the quest ending.

I bet there was a ton of backlash from the trailblazers of this quest who lost the opportunity to have multiple horses.

My suggestion is that Storm8 recruit a small team (2-3) of the most diehard fans to test the code before it goes live. If they are already doing that, I suggest that they get newer test monkeys, because the current ones are missing some pretty big issues!

I appreciate the energy crate - and especially the gems because I have hit quite a few gem traps. This almost makes up for what I accidentally clicked on during this quest. :-)

Perhaps a better solution would have been to give a week's notice that the quest was ending and offer the steeds for sale at 999 gems for the duration of that week...

Positive thoughts to all involved!

kweaver79
05-07-15, 10:43 AM
I can't find mine

meme1098
05-07-15, 10:45 AM
I can't find mine

Look in your goal book

Then check inventory for the energy box

kweaver79
05-07-15, 10:48 AM
Can't find mine

PikaSquirrel
05-07-15, 10:53 AM
You'll need to be level 15. You're almost there!

rou111
05-07-15, 10:55 AM
I can't find mine

What is your level? S8 doesn't thank players below level 15.

robotparade
05-07-15, 11:03 AM
Very classy, Storm8. It's very much appreciated. And I love that the energy is in a crate so I can use it at my discretion.

karissaceline
05-07-15, 11:34 AM
Thank you

shambalaya
05-07-15, 12:13 PM
If S8 is thanking players from lv15 then this gift should not have anything to do with untimed quests suddenly becoming timed, since those quests were only available from lv22. Perhaps it's due to the gifting glitch?

meme1098
05-07-15, 12:16 PM
Or maybe all the players who had problems with the game resetting back after many actions. That was a major thread in the Bugs section.

reliquary
05-07-15, 12:19 PM
I would say *most* of my neighbors have at least 2 horses...some a lot more......all of them have played CS for longer than a year, some from the very beginning.

It's not the future buying of another horse....it's not the 1 sugar reward for an unfinished goal.....

It's that we, the players who have invested real $$$ in this game and company, have had the rug pulled out from underneath us AGAIN.
It is never cool to change the rules late in the game

And we still don't know why they are apologizing.......!?!

Never once do I think that anyone from S8 is bumbling or nieve........they micromanage every aspect and will always have a pretty good idea of the monetary outcome.
I just think they are tight and don't want to fork out the cash for proper game testing.

Or uppers have made the decision to steer away from involved games like CS
And want quick short term sales from simple games like Slots, Bingo or the dumbed down FTW
They have obviously had employee/designer turnover...and no one is there that is passionate or even has played very far in CS.
That's why they keep throwing us timed events...because no one there has a clue to the originally intended storyline.

But yo, it's kool that they threw us 20 gems......whatever to keep CS alive.....it's not like they didn't know 999gem horsies wouldn't sell pretty well......of course they did.....20 gems back isn't even 10 % out of all the horses bought.....think about it.

aannerud
05-07-15, 12:22 PM
Thank you! Awesome surprise and gift that was much appreciated :D

Liloze
05-07-15, 12:23 PM
today is election day in uk. Politicians promising all sorts of goodies to make the mugs (i mean voters) overlook their past screw-ups. Any similarity between this comment and s8's amazingly generous gift is purely coincidental.

lol ;)

shambalaya
05-07-15, 12:24 PM
Or maybe all the players who had problems with the game resetting back after many actions. That was a major thread in the Bugs section.

That's more likely, I only had a mild version of that glitch, but I imagine some people lost out on the horse because of it or had to spend more than 20 gems to speed up.
These things happen though, they are unintended, but I appreciate the token.

Seriously700
05-07-15, 12:26 PM
If S8 is thanking players from lv15 then this gift should not have anything to do with untimed quests suddenly becoming timed, since those quests were only available from lv22. Perhaps it's due to the gifting glitch?

I really don't know what glitch they are thanking us for. There were also the glitches over the weekend where the game kept resetting every few clicks. I think some people - maybe everyone - lost energy with the resets. And it was especially difficult for those struggling to complete the timed event.

Liloze
05-07-15, 12:46 PM
Oh well I like Gifts :) Thank you S8 :o
I am one of those who did not sell the level 5 stables.
I got my second horsey, knowing I won't be paying anymore gems for a third...
As for what S8 Is appologizing for...Oh boy...I am sure all of us players have a long list for that ;)
But still It is nice gesture from S8, Won't look a horse gift in the mouth :p
thank you S8:)

inesat
05-07-15, 01:01 PM
Super cute! Thanks!

Seriously700
05-07-15, 01:21 PM
In the main thread about the steeds, someone suggested that this is meant to compensate people who got caught in the glitch of petting their baby horse before collecting from a level 5 stable. That's my situation on my 2nd account that didn't have upgraded stables. My horse is full grown and now I have a goal to pet him 5 times in the next 8 days, but since he's grown the collection time is now a week. The reward for that goal is 20 energy, which those of us in this situation will not be able to collect.

brenstal
05-07-15, 02:43 PM
Thanks Storm8! I kind of suspected that some issue must have happened, but I'm still really pleased to get a little boost.

zaccy678
05-07-15, 02:49 PM
I get it - I'd be annoyed too. It's harder for us newer players to think so strategically and long term. As soon as I heard that it would be 999 gems to get a second horse I stopped listening, leveled up my stable from 3 to 5, and collected from it. There is no way I could ever imagine having not only 999 gems, but 999 gems and nothing else I'd much rather have - like the Harvest Pergola and Reindeer Stable and Mithril Dragon. So really, we're talking a couple of thousand gems, lol. I remain impressed with those of you who could even consider buying a second horse and agree that it totally sucks for the long term players who are sticking around even though the story line is done and trying to find things to keep them engaged.

Agreed, thanks for the explanation Anaboe. That does suck.

Not a new player, but still blows my mind how much cash people are prepared to pump in despite everything. It never would have occurred to me!!

These are some loyal players!! Xxx :o :o :o

ghjvcucjb
05-07-15, 03:01 PM
WOW! Thank you storm8 for the gift. Was totally unexpected and completely appreciated by me. Thank you!

ghjvcucjb
05-07-15, 03:05 PM
Yep that was me. Lost out on all the evening collections of the arena due to glitch delay and had to use gems to finish. I am pleasantly surprised and appreciative to S8 for the gift!

DragonWished
05-07-15, 03:10 PM
I appreciate the extra gems; it was a nice surprise and welcome after losing 100 gems in a trap (accidentally sped up an Adventure). A confirmation button would be so nice.

I finished the steed goal (got the brown horse, skipped the petting, got the reward and it's an adult now) before the weekend and never did get my stables to Level 5. Which apparently is a good thing? Trying to follow the threads and it seems experienced players recommend stopping at Level 4. Did I understand this correctly?

Also, I only have one stable. Tried to buy a 2nd one and the game said I need to be a higher level (was at 34 when I attempted the purchase).

Seriously700
05-07-15, 03:41 PM
"
I appreciate the extra gems; it was a nice surprise and welcome after losing 100 gems in a trap (accidentally sped up an Adventure). A confirmation button would be so nice.

I finished the steed goal (got the brown horse, skipped the petting, got the reward and it's an adult now) before the weekend and never did get my stables to Level 5. Which apparently is a good thing? Trying to follow the threads and it seems experienced players recommend stopping at Level 4. Did I understand this correctly?

Also, I only have one stable. Tried to buy a 2nd one and the game said I need to be a higher level (was at 34 when I attempted the purchase).

The recommendation to keep your stable at level 4 no longer really applies since the goal is now timed. Some were hoping to keep open the option to buy/ craft extra horses by not collecting from a level 5 stable, thereby not completing the goal. But now the goal - and option to buy a horse - will expire in a week. Hope that makes sense

Are you sure you don't have a second unbuilt stable in your kingdom? Check any unbuilt sites. And check your inventory - you can look under the buildings tab to see if a stable is hiding there.

poopher
05-07-15, 03:54 PM
So was this our update this week? While I do appreciate the gifts and sympathize with those that sold their stables, I was looking forward to another update this week.

candiecorn192
05-07-15, 03:54 PM
I believe this is a first. Thank you very much.

XO
Brilliantboro

eastie41
05-07-15, 07:16 PM
:cool: Thanks for surprise!

badbunny42
05-07-15, 08:56 PM
s8, this the only game I have ever played with a forum like this. Usually they are run by third parties. I think it is brave and a pain. I appreciate you giving your customers this opportunity to share.

Oh, yeah, thanks for the gift. Since I had no problems with this challenge (except for the gift glitch) I feel really fortunate. So, groovy, baby.

midgetsocks
05-07-15, 10:13 PM
Thx for gems & the energy crate :) A nice surprise. And thank you for giving those of us who were too late to get the white Alicorn in-game (love shack, etc) a chance at a free horse that gives 40 energy. Much appreciated! I'm sure he'll come in handy quite soon.

mafruha
05-07-15, 11:33 PM
Whats the occsion for thi pleasant surprise??

bacon_narwhal
05-08-15, 03:22 AM
THANK YOU!

I am sure I'm not the only one who had to spend money to even finish in the first place (very late start, as I had put off building the jousting arena & it took several days for me to figure out what was going on... derp.)... but the way I see it is that this is something they did not have to do for us players... Yet, here we are, with a "bonus" gift.

With all the problems experienced on various games
(*cough* puebla *cough*), I do believe this is an unprecedented action, and I am happy they have given me anything at all.

**This "gift" may not make up for L5 stables, or whatever, BUT it is better than nothing (which is what we are all used to)...

So, once again, THANK YOU for doing this! It is greatly appreciated by most... I believe it would be a nice gesture to repeat for other games. (Like Bakery Story...)

parlski
05-08-15, 04:49 AM
I always appreciate a free gift, so I'll say thank you. after the horse-quest fiasco in the wonderland game I though "lightning couldn't possibly strike twice". well, surprise!
someone had mentioned in this thread that TL has lost focus. I tend to believe that.
when will we get back to the original story line? and not a quest like the two dimwits getting married.

maria1926
05-08-15, 08:34 AM
Thanks! ��������������

Jennerwein1
05-08-15, 11:40 AM
Thank you TL !!!!! :) I was pleasantly surprised. Especially since I blew my gems on a second horse. That quest was fun! And the horses are soo cute !

svendetto
05-08-15, 02:00 PM
Thanks TL! 20 gift gems and one game makes 50 gems for free!! I appreciate it!
What a thoughtful surprise.

hladyv
05-08-15, 02:19 PM
Thank you!! :)

shambalaya
05-08-15, 03:37 PM
Thanks TL! 20 gift gems and one game makes 50 gems for free!! I appreciate it!
What a thoughtful surprise.

Which game download did you get?

BuddyB111
05-08-15, 03:52 PM
It was probably the new Bakery Story on Android.

Thanks for the gift crate Storm8 - lovely surprise! :D

cookersam0
05-08-15, 04:39 PM
Where do I find kingdom goals?