PDA

View Full Version : :( Seriously unhappy!

Perry9877
05-05-15, 08:05 PM
Come on TL/S8, there is no good reason that you are messing up the Battle Arena when we are trying to collect craftable parts for Dragons. My husband and I share "tablet duty" and we have both tried fighting on both tablets. I am still on my first dragon and it is impossible to beat. I won the first fight on my hubby's tablet and he is still on his second dragon. I began to fight as soon as the new dragon was mentioned. If you are expecting anyone to pay gold for the Ultimate Attack, you guys really need to put down the medical weed and realise not many are going to pay gold for 99 battles. With this being the first battle it is not going to get easier, just more difficult. If you just want the $$ just put it in the shop for 2,000 gems and quit pretending that this is a dragon that ANYONE can get. Yes, I am pretty pissed off.

Gabi2111
05-05-15, 08:55 PM
?... you guys really need to put down the medical weed .... hahaha ...that's funny!!!!

Personally I improved the rate of wins dramatically since I check the wiki page bc I seriously suck at determine what opponent to use on my own. Since I check out there my opponents, I never missed out on a dragon.

The wiki section of dragon story has a page called battle arena, which has a calculator close to the bottom. Great help for airheads like myself. Just google it :)

And sometimes it still takes me a while to get further. But oh well, if I get too annoyed I do pay gold. But that's a while ago though that an opponent hit my nerve the wrong way.

JMThrive
05-05-15, 09:14 PM
I am having same thing. Took me four tries to beat Manticore 13 and I do use the battle arena lookup, I still haven't beat second, Loch Ness 12. Lost three battles so far, Rainbow Sentinel, Spirit Warrior, & Mythic, all are epic.

Gabi2111
05-05-15, 09:19 PM
I won 5 battles so far and I'm pretty sure I used for all of them a lv 10 champion. Which would be bladewing, black knight or paladin

I tend to whack first with my champions and if that doesn't work, look up. Not only an airhead but a lazy one too...lol

Crossing fingers toes and knees that you'll have more success from now on :)

jim23cash
05-06-15, 01:21 AM
I use Epic Champions for a lot of battles, too. But I also use calculator if champs don't work. I rarely use gold to ultimate, unless I am rushing thru a tourney, and get stuck on one.
Don't always expect to win on first try. They have added a random element that is the only way we are ever able to beat their much higher level Dragons. Sometimes it works in our favor, sometimes in their's. Hang in there! :D

lauraleighashby
05-06-15, 05:48 AM
Having a lot of trouble as well....all of my epics are common except my snowman. I had read some where to try to build a stockpile of food of at least 100K so most of my dragons are at lvl 6....do have several at three that I have been evolving. I do use the calculator which has proved very valuable before, but not having much luck this time. Each battle so far has taken at least three attempts to win.

jim23cash
05-06-15, 08:14 AM
Having a lot of trouble as well....all of my epics are common except my snowman. I had read some where to try to build a stockpile of food of at least 100K so most of my dragons are at lvl 6....do have several at three that I have been evolving. I do use the calculator which has proved very valuable before, but not having much luck this time. Each battle so far has taken at least three attempts to win.
I don't know why you would need to stockpile food. Are you on Android? I'm not, and I have never seen that much food! It takes much less food on Android to level up, so users don't need as much food to get Dragons to Epic... Maybe they meant to stockpile so you could level up one quickly, if needed?
I would try to choose a few good fighters, and level them up ASAP. If you have any that were only available from a special event, or that have been discontinued, and are super rare, start with those. They get an extra bit of value in strength because of availability. After that, choose your rarest ones, and just focus on one at a time, feeding it as often as possible. Good luck! :D

lauraleighashby
05-06-15, 10:00 AM
Yes....it was to the effect of some short timed goals popping up which require getting a dragon to epic level. I do have 7 or 8 special event/non breedables so will work on them....thank you for your input!

Mythdefied
05-06-15, 10:03 AM
I'm glad it's not just me. The arena has become ridiculously hard. I'm lucky to win three or four battles a day, now, and that's using the calculators on the other sites.

PrincessCouture2014
05-06-15, 10:04 AM
The same is happening to me. I haven't been able to beat ice angel since morning and I m not gng to buy ultimate move.

PrincessCouture2014
05-06-15, 10:07 AM
About Wki I have faced many lost battles even with the dragons mentioned in first five or 10 dragons mentioned for a specific dragon for example my epic diamond, Rainbow Sentinel, Spirit Warrior and gold( all lvl 9) lost from ice angel.

Mythdefied
05-06-15, 10:10 AM
The Wiki is only one of the three resources you can use. Somewhere in the forum there's a post talking about the others. I can't link to them here or I'd give them to you. But it actually doesn't seem to matter right now. Using all three resources, I'm still failing battles massively.

Tinkerbel48
05-06-15, 10:18 AM
Same here :(

Kennedward
05-06-15, 11:37 AM
I'm fine with most battles, but what I hate is fighting Lv20 monsters when our max level is 10, I end up having quite a lot of my dragons being tired before able to beat it, which creates a HUGE backlog of dragons waiting to heal in only one healing spring

Perry9877
05-06-15, 12:22 PM
B
hahaha ...that's funny!!!!

Personally I improved the rate of wins dramatically since I check the wiki page bc I seriously suck at determine what opponent to use on my own. Since I check out there my opponents, I never missed out on a dragon.

The wiki section of dragon story has a page called battle arena, which has a calculator close to the bottom. Great help for airheads like myself. Just google it :)

And sometimes it still takes me a while to get further. But oh well, if I get too annoyed I do pay gold. But that's a while ago though that an opponent hit my nerve the wrong way.

I also use the Wiki Arena page ALOT (not for breeding tips, though) and it has failed me big time. I cannot get past the Emberglow Dragon. . . still. Finally began winning during my shift on the iPads on my hubby's tablet. Grrrrrrr

Perry9877
05-06-15, 12:40 PM
One thing I know would help is the bloody healing time. I have an hours long queue of champions and Super Rares. That is one area they got correctly in FFS. Oh well, time to pass the torch and the tablets to the afternoon shift. :p

Annica5
05-06-15, 12:48 PM
One thing I know would help is the bloody healing time. I have an hours long queue of champions and Super Rares. That is one area they got correctly in FFS. Oh well, time to pass the torch and the tablets to the afternoon shift. :p

Let an old timer cheer you up: when the arena was brand new the healing time was SIX hours!! That's right - 6 hours per exhausted dragon. Needless to say I lost the first tourneys in a spectacular way. Don't know how anyone won!

awsumum
05-06-15, 02:18 PM
Let an old timer cheer you up: when the arena was brand new the healing time was SIX hours!! That's right - 6 hours per exhausted dragon. Needless to say I lost the first tourneys in a spectacular way. Don't know how anyone won!

Another 'old timer' here :)

Gold! That's how you won when your dragon was healing for 6 hours, and you really needed to win the tourney. Hard choice

freshfunin2008
05-06-15, 02:23 PM
Yeah I missed the days of 6 hours for healing. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides it is all random. It never makes sense. I have spent 2 fulls days on tourney's on level 20 champs that just won't loose and I have all the usual dragons that should eventually win. Battle 5 or 10 times in not uncommon. But 20 to 30 rounds is a little ridiculous.

Kennedward
05-06-15, 04:45 PM

I know, I usually have about 2 to 3 days of healing right after beating a tournament

Anaboe
05-06-15, 05:49 PM
In tournaments, my trick not to get a long waiting-line for the spa: ultimate any and all 10% and 15% dragon the first time you encounter him. It saves you lots, and lots of time in the tournament, it saves you a very long waiting line for the spa (plus your dragons are available for other rounds) and it saves you lots and lots of frustration on each losing rond...

I have almost 350 unique dragons, lots of Champions, Triple-colors, 6 Diamond(hybrids), so for me usually it's just 2 or 3 rounds I need to ult, all other battles have atleast 25% chance - tho last time a 35%-Dragon gave me a hard time... lost atleast 10 times... And the last round, I only ultimate if I run out of time.

This tactic has made me win every tournament since October 2014.

Kennedward
05-07-15, 06:06 AM
In tournaments, my trick not to get a long waiting-line for the spa: ultimate any and all 10% and 15% dragon the first time you encounter him. It saves you lots, and lots of time in the tournament, it saves you a very long waiting line for the spa (plus your dragons are available for other rounds) and it saves you lots and lots of frustration on each losing rond...

I have almost 350 unique dragons, lots of Champions, Triple-colors, 6 Diamond(hybrids), so for me usually it's just 2 or 3 rounds I need to ult, all other battles have atleast 25% chance - tho last time a 35%-Dragon gave me a hard time... lost atleast 10 times... And the last round, I only ultimate if I run out of time.

This tactic has made me win every tournament since October 2014.

Nice idea, but due to the 30 gold for ultimate, I usually don't use it, I rather use coins that I have plenty of and are easy to come by to heal

Anaboe
05-07-15, 07:11 AM
It's a good tactic for those that make 60-90 gold in 2 weeks easily. That's 4-7 gold a day. If you have 1 or 2 gold-giving dragons, you make that easily.

chippychan
05-07-15, 10:25 AM
If you just want the $$ just put it in the shop for 2,000 gems and quit pretending that this is a dragon that ANYONE can get. Yes, I am pretty pissed off.

I just wanted to put it out there that you actually *can* just buy the dragon with gold if you really wanted to. Just go to the Spell Shop and you can 'buy' all the parts for less than 1500 gold (the price scales with how many keys you've collected). I believe the cost comes out to 15 gold per key that you're missing.

Anaboe
05-07-15, 12:36 PM
I just wanted to put it out there that you actually *can* just buy the dragon with gold if you really wanted to. Just go to the Spell Shop and you can 'buy' all the parts for less than 1500 gold (the price scales with how many keys you've collected). I believe the cost comes out to 15 gold per key that you're missing.
Then it's even cheaper to use ultimate in the arena: that way it's only 12 gold per key.

PepperWoo
05-07-15, 02:25 PM
It takes much less food on Android to level up, so users don't need as much food to get Dragons to Epic...

I just want to put it out there that it doesn't take much less food on Android to level up a dragon, at least not anymore since they retired New Dawn. And even then, not everyone could access it after they took it out of the Play Store. Safe to say that food costs are pretty much even now. :)

Anyway back to the arena woes. It always seems that whenever the arena crafting dragon has black/pink/champion types the battles are extra hard. xD But of course guys it's all 'random' *cough* If you have a long line at the spa to begin with, try to battle every 2 hours instead of hourly to accommodate your healing dragons. It's what I do even when there's a tournament cause that way I don't lose my best fighters and if not never, I rarely have more than 10 dragons on queue for the healing spa after a tourney.

Perry9877
05-07-15, 03:07 PM

Sorry, I used the word "just" as an excluder, meaning that it would JUST be available for sale and no opportunity to win it.

Kennedward
05-07-15, 04:06 PM
It's a good tactic for those that make 60-90 gold in 2 weeks easily. That's 4-7 gold a day. If you have 1 or 2 gold-giving dragons, you make that easily.

I have 8 gold dragons but I still prefer saving my gold, again, that's just me

Anaboe
05-07-15, 05:32 PM
May I ask with what goal you save your gold? Just curious :)

With 8 gold dragons, you make 1,200 gold a month... what do you do with it?

Kennedward
05-07-15, 07:15 PM
May I ask with what goal you save your gold? Just curious :)

With 8 gold dragons, you make 1,200 gold a month... what do you do with it?

Wait for discounts in rare dragons that I don't have, such as some of the Diamond hybrids that I've been trying to breed but still don't have

Mythdefied
05-08-15, 12:11 PM
If you have a long line at the spa to begin with, try to battle every 2 hours instead of hourly to accommodate your healing dragons. It's what I do even when there's a tournament cause that way I don't lose my best fighters and if not never, I rarely have more than 10 dragons on queue for the healing spa after a tourney.

That's what I've resorted to this time. I only have one diamond, a hybrid, and if it goes down, I just wait the two hours. I have enough champs to let a couple go down, but to avoid the lines, I just start going every 2 hours once there are three dragons down.

Anaboe
05-08-15, 02:58 PM
Wait for discounts in rare dragons that I don't have, such as some of the Diamond hybrids that I've been trying to breed but still don't have

I've never seen Diamond-hybrids on sale... not in the market anyway... And I always buy the discount-dragons (those I don't have), and spent 60-120 gold each tournament, but still it takes only 1-2 months to get more than 1,000 gold...

Kennedward
05-08-15, 07:33 PM
I've never seen Diamond-hybrids on sale... not in the market anyway... And I always buy the discount-dragons (those I don't have), and spent 60-120 gold each tournament, but still it takes only 1-2 months to get more than 1,000 gold...

I saw it twice before, they are usually 3000 gold, but when it's on sale they are 1500 gold

PepperWoo
05-09-15, 02:12 AM

There was an Android only sale on Unicorn dragon during Black Friday last year for only 600. The price was so unbelievably low I couldn't resist. xD

Anaboe
05-09-15, 09:20 AM
Wow! I really want to see that one!!! Please TL, bring it also to iOS!!! ;)

Not jealous tho: Android has had to miss out on lot of the fun for far to long already...

Kennedward
05-09-15, 07:37 PM
There was an Android only sale on Unicorn dragon during Black Friday last year for only 600. The price was so unbelievably low I couldn't resist. xD

Nice, but luckily my unicorn was easily bred on my first try.

Sadly, I didn't have enough gold to buy any of the dragons I wanted back then, I had to save up for gold dragons, and now that I have all 8 available, I'm collecting and waiting for a sale in the future.