PDA

View Full Version : Stormy has Cotton Candy dragon?

sneakykittie
05-05-15, 01:15 PM
Visited Storm8's Island and I noticed that they have the cotton candy dragon in one of the habitats. And I'm honestly kinda disappointed because that's supposed to be our community prize, which we haven't earned yet, so there's no way anyone could have that without game manipulation. I guess the only way to get nice dragons is to *****, since apparently the game developers didn't bother wasting their time actually playing the game.

I worked so hard for my Lollipop Dragon! Aggravates me that they just pull it out of thin air.

[S8] Regina
05-05-15, 01:30 PM
We wanted to give you fellow Caretakers a preview of all the good things to come!

Anaboe
05-06-15, 05:53 PM
sneakykittie: Stormy's is just a bot, it's not like someone's playing that island. It's so both high and low level players can have something to look at, to strive for. It's not bad (except when you don't know that you can only give 3 neighbors 1 gold a day, and accidentally give stormy gold..), it's just a fun thing.

cocauina
05-06-15, 06:19 PM
sneakykittie: Stormy's is just a bot, it's not like someone's playing that island. It's so both high and low level players can have something to look at, to strive for. It's not bad (except when you don't know that you can only give 3 neighbors 1 gold a day, and accidentally give stormy gold..), it's just a fun thing.

And if you ask for materials to Stormie's Island, you will receive the materials, it's a helpful neighbor

Anaboe
05-07-15, 07:18 AM
Good point, often it's a double helpfull neighbour, since the request-limit of 20 doesn't seem to count for Stormy. So when you've recieved 20 responses from regular neighbours, you can request Stormy, and recieve the 21st response :)

kelminak
05-07-15, 09:13 AM
Visited Storm8's Island and I noticed that they have the cotton candy dragon in one of the habitats. And I'm honestly kinda disappointed because that's supposed to be our community prize, which we haven't earned yet, so there's no way anyone could have that without game manipulation. I guess the only way to get nice dragons is to *****, since apparently the game developers didn't bother wasting their time actually playing the game.

I worked so hard for my Lollipop Dragon! Aggravates me that they just pull it out of thin air.

You might want to consider your life choices if a non-player account having a dragon you don't have actually upsets you.

cocauina
05-07-15, 10:41 AM

TL is not *****ing.

Stormie's Island is only an account that TL has where they put certain things to give us sneak peeks.

In Fantasy Forest Story, the name of TL forest if Stormie's Forest, and before the Lunar Goat animal was released, TL already had 3 of them in habitats and one egg in the nest of this animal, they gave us sneak peeks, this also happened with Land Shark and Great Danebow animals.

In DS if you play with 6 habitats, come back to your island and then visit Stormie's again, there are no sparkles in the habitat. This accounts aren't used to play, are only used to give us sneak peeks. Try to ask for a mystic map to Stormie in DS, you will receive it right after you ask it, that account has a code where is does certain things automatically, but if you send gold you will not receive one from Stormie's.

Basically, that account is not used to play, that account is only used to display.

kelminak gave you an advice, and like me, he/she knows that TL account is not even an account like ours.

You might want to consider your life choices if a non-player account having a dragon you don't have actually upsets you.

kimandamelia
05-08-15, 08:08 AM
kelminak gave you an advice, and like me, he/she knows that TL account is not even an account like ours.[/QUOTE]

Right on! Not so much in Dragon, but in Bakery and Restaurants, the players are demanding, have so many rules to be their "privileged" neighbor, I am deleting neighbors who make up all these rules. Sorry neighbors, hut I have a life outside of these games. I have zero stars? Delete me, wouldn't want you to be stressed over how many stars I have. Wow!

sneakykittie
05-08-15, 10:37 PM

It's not the fact that I don't have the dragon that peeves me, it's that we haven't earned the dragon yet and we might not EVEN earn it at this point. Kinda spoils the fun of earning lollipops for the community. It's supposed to be an accomplishment we can all be proud of, and it really devalues all the hard work we've been putting in as a team. Not only that, but Stormy's island sets unrealistic expectations of what your typical island looks like. Dude's got only one farm and yet all of his dragons are epic. I feel like Stormy's island is practically false advertisement. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the island is truly there just to show us sneak peaks and stuff.. but with Teamlava's history, I find that hard to believe. They want new players to see the island and think WOAH THATS SO COOL, IF I KEEP PLAYING, MY ISLAND WILL LOOK THAT COOL, TOO... when in reality, your average island is cluttered with farms and habitats that are necessary to get ANYTHING accomplished without spending a truckload of money/gold. I've always been kind of annoyed by 'Stormys Island'.

andromedablack
05-09-15, 04:33 AM
Some people should stop taking games so seriously.
There's nothing wrong with Stormy already having Cotton Candy, it's not a real player.
I like that I can see how the new dragons look like in Stormys island.Hopefully we'll all get that dragon in a few days so why worry about that?

cocauina
05-09-15, 07:31 AM
It's not the fact that I don't have the dragon that peeves me, it's that we haven't earned the dragon yet and we might not EVEN earn it at this point. Kinda spoils the fun of earning lollipops for the community. It's supposed to be an accomplishment we can all be proud of, and it really devalues all the hard work we've been putting in as a team. Not only that, but Stormy's island sets unrealistic expectations of what your typical island looks like. Dude's got only one farm and yet all of his dragons are epic. I feel like Stormy's island is practically false advertisement. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the island is truly there just to show us sneak peaks and stuff.. but with Teamlava's history, I find that hard to believe. They want new players to see the island and think WOAH THATS SO COOL, IF I KEEP PLAYING, MY ISLAND WILL LOOK THAT COOL, TOO... when in reality, your average island is cluttered with farms and habitats that are necessary to get ANYTHING accomplished without spending a truckload of money/gold. I've always been kind of annoyed by 'Stormys Island'.

You can have a island just like Stormie's Park, but the players choose to have a bunch of habitats with a endless family of dragons. TL island is only for display, and if you think that we aren't going to have Cotton Candy, you are so wrong. In every World Event in the end, when we are close to win the last prize but clearly we cannot win because we don't have all the items needed and TL can see that the community is not going to be able to get the last community prize/dragon in time, TL give a boost of items so the community can get the last prize. We already had 11 world events, this is the 12 event, and TL have helped the community in 10 events, the only one where TL didn't help, was when TL forgot to add the items that Android had collected, when TL added the Android amount with the IOS amounts, we got automatically the rest of the community prizes and ended the event with almost the double of items required.

TL help us and their island is only for display. In my opinion, TL helping the community in the World Events, it's a good action from them, since they release a lot of dragons, limited ones, not every one can get them, helping in the World Events is good for them since sometimes they have the balls to do somethings unfair.

Anaboe
05-09-15, 09:19 AM
your average island is cluttered with farms and habitats that are necessary to get ANYTHING accomplished without spending a truckload of money/gold. I've always been kind of annoyed by 'Stormys Island'.

I invite you to come see my island. I only once spent an amount of 35 euro's in the 3 years I played, so no, it's not about money, it's about strategy, planning, patience and dedication. Ow, and carefull playing, having the right device and reliable internet-connection (so you don't fall in gold-traps). It's far less about luck and money. Yes, you can buy (almost) anything with real money, but you do NOT have to, you can get more than enough without spending tons of money. Ow, and when you visit, please remember that all Champion-dragons, Spin the Wheel-dragons, and World Event Dragons of the last year are in my inventory (84 dragons in total), and not bred: I like to have them, but I don't want to run out of space...

Ow, and don't worry about the last dragon: we never missed out on one before, and I doubt we will miss out on this one.

But, you can be sure we will get it only in the last few hours, if not minutes...

Annica5
05-09-15, 09:59 AM
I'm green with envy, Anaboe, at your strength of character. So many times I've told myself: let the dragon stay in storage. And I end up hatching it anyway coz I love to watch my babies. Result: overcrowded with 130 habitats packed as full as can be. 3 pieces of decoration looking forlorn.
I stopped visiting Stormie as I can't stand to compare us ;)
And I'm certain we'll get Cotton Candy and I will desperately seek a place for it. Maybe trade in Firestorm?

Anaboe
05-09-15, 10:15 AM
Would do that if I had to choose: I don't like the looks of Firestorm very much, and it's not like it's hard to breed...

luna2cute
05-09-15, 01:46 PM
Some people should stop taking games so seriously.
There's nothing wrong with Stormy already having Cotton Candy, it's not a real player.
I like that I can see how the new dragons look like in Stormys island.Hopefully we'll all get that dragon in a few days so why worry about that?

Like. Agreed. It's a fun game.

cocauina
05-10-15, 06:49 AM
I invite you to come see my island. I only once spent an amount of 35 euro's in the 3 years I played, so no, it's not about money, it's about strategy, planning, patience and dedication. Ow, and carefull playing, having the right device and reliable internet-connection (so you don't fall in gold-traps). It's far less about luck and money. Yes, you can buy (almost) anything with real money, but you do NOT have to, you can get more than enough without spending tons of money. Ow, and when you visit, please remember that all Champion-dragons, Spin the Wheel-dragons, and World Event Dragons of the last year are in my inventory (84 dragons in total), and not bred: I like to have them, but I don't want to run out of space...

Ow, and don't worry about the last dragon: we never missed out on one before, and I doubt we will miss out on this one.

But, you can be sure we will get it only in the last few hours, if not minutes...

Perfect!

I never spent real money in DS, all of my spin to win, World Event and almost every tournament dragons are in my storage, 99 dragons (103 with double ones) and like you, I don't want to run out of space, I prefer to hatch breeding ones instead of reward ones.

We are the ones who choose how we want our island.

Annica5
05-10-15, 07:15 AM
I love it when I come across those very special islands: 20 epic Kitsunes, or 30 epic Lights, or every single red/green/yellow combo but no other colors :) Or very creative use of decoration! There certainly is room for your own style in the game and your visitors enjoy it too.

cocauina
05-10-15, 07:53 AM
I love it when I come across those very special islands: 20 epic Kitsunes, or 30 epic Lights, or every single red/green/yellow combo but no other colors :) Or very creative use of decoration! There certainly is room for your own style in the game and your visitors enjoy it too.

True! I have a neigbhor that his/her island is only white habitats! Ahah It's so pretty to see :p
Every island is beautiful! Everybody has their own style :)

awsumum
05-10-15, 01:22 PM
True! I have a neigbhor that his/her island is only white habitats! Ahah It's so pretty to see :p
Every island is beautiful! Everybody has their own style :)

Not sure if you can call the mess on my island 'style' :)

It's more like 'aaaarrrgghhh, quick, try to fit this new dragon in somewhere, anywhere!'

I used to have it all planned and pretty but that went out the window and now it's a mosh-pit of squished dragons, who are very quickly learning to get along (or it's the stables!) am very glad marble will go into stone quarry without any shuffling!

cocauina
05-10-15, 03:03 PM
Not sure if you can call the mess on my island 'style' :)

It's more like 'aaaarrrgghhh, quick, try to fit this new dragon in somewhere, anywhere!'

I used to have it all planned and pretty but that went out the window and now it's a mosh-pit of squished dragons, who are very quickly learning to get along (or it's the stables!) am very glad marble will go into stone quarry without any shuffling!

I just visited your island, and honestly, I like it and you have a LOT of dragons, I wish to have half of what you have, I'm still missing so many! ahah
Your island it's not a mess either, you even have the habitats separated by colors! ahah I already so a island where the habitats were put randomly, separated by colors? What is that? xD

Those 4 nest with only eggs from the World Event is something interesting ahahah You only need one more nest and the community only need to won the Cotton Candy so you can have 5 nest with all of the World Event dragons xD

Everyone has their own way to have their island! :D

Natasha_07
05-10-15, 03:20 PM
Stormy is a quiet neighbor, who is like TL window show of products (dragons). I like seeing his place with the latest stuff on all my games especially BS & RS.

BTW some of you have way more dragons I have, missed out on so many as an android too...
I have stored all my decorations except around nests last week, I like decorating in all my games but DS is so hard with the inability to store habitats/dragons free.

@awsumum
@cocauina
May I visit your isles, would like to see your vast amount of dragons/layout ???

Anaboe
05-10-15, 04:08 PM
Natasha, you can always visit someone, they don't have to agree on it. Just invite them to be neighbors (their Storm8 ID is the name they use on the forum), and then you can visit them.
It's polite to let them (on their wall) know you've invited them just to be able to visit, so they know they don't need to accept your invitation, nor think it's inpolite to invite someone without introducing.

I never mind: I accept all neighbors. Sometimes I delete all low levels (lower than 50), but the only downfall is that I need to tab a long list of neighbors in case we need to send requests to our neighbors. I'm not a very social one, rarely read my wall, don't visit other neighbors, but always quick to reply on requests.

Natasha_07
05-10-15, 04:31 PM
Thanks @Anaboe

I always ask first, LOL! Many players don't check their walls although they're active on the forum.
I'll check you out too on my way... :)

cocauina
05-10-15, 04:49 PM
Stormy is a quiet neighbor, who is like TL window show of products (dragons). I like seeing his place with the latest stuff on all my games especially BS & RS.

BTW some of you have way more dragons I have, missed out on so many as an android too...
I have stored all my decorations except around nests last week, I like decorating in all my games but DS is so hard with the inability to store habitats/dragons free.

@awsumum
@cocauina
May I visit your isles, would like to see your vast amount of dragons/layout ???

Of course you can visit my island! ahah
If you want you can invite me also, I check my wall at least 1 time every day, so if you pass by my island and want to leave something in my wall I will visit your island and respond! :D

(...)

I never mind: I accept all neighbors. Sometimes I delete all low levels (lower than 50), but the only downfall is that I need to tab a long list of neighbors in case we need to send requests to our neighbors. I'm not a very social one, rarely read my wall, don't visit other neighbors, but always quick to reply on requests.

A couple months ago I wrote on a paper my neighbors progress in that moment, and I keep forgetting to re-visit them and check if they did any progress, if not I will delete them, inactive players doesn't help us...

awsumum
05-10-15, 04:51 PM
Sure, visit anytime! :)

kooky panda
05-11-15, 10:44 AM
Thread has now gone off topic. Original question has been answered.

Closing thread.