PDA

View Full Version : ANDROID PLAYERS | LATEST VERSION -Restaurant Story

bobbyrae
05-01-15, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking that maybe we should have a thread that keeps updating with the latest version of restaurant story since this seems to be a constant area of confusion for some of us.

From the RS update thread:

Sept 30, 2015 :
Restaurant Story: Royal Blues is the new version from the September 30th 2015 update.

May 15, 2015: Summer Camp

May 28, 2015:
RESTAURANT STORY: SUMMER CAMP

Is in the play store.

Date : May 1, 2015 :
RESTAURANT STORY: TROPICAL BLISS Is available in the store.

nastmei
05-01-15, 01:48 PM
the new goal will be soon and .I hate keep downloading for evey month for new version, they should keep updating for one version like iphone users

pieandcream
05-02-15, 12:08 AM
the new goal will be soon and .I hate keep downloading for evey month for new version, they should keep updating for one version like iphone users

but then they wouldnt get their games in any app download ranking! they are actually doing this many versions on purpose!

VanaCatu
05-02-15, 12:08 AM
i don't care about many versions. i wd even download each day if they gave 6 gems for every.
i don't mind to get 6 gems once a week.
just cannot catch why we didn't get the goal to download yesterday...

pieandcream
05-02-15, 12:11 AM
i don't care about many versions. i wd even download each day if they gave 6 gems for every.

i think the idea is to wait before releasing the "download for 6gem goal", so less players get gems for downloading it. they ll also see how many dont care about the extra gems and will use that to analyze for future releases....if they will still be 6gems or less......or none :P

bobbyrae
05-04-15, 08:41 AM
Not every update gets that goal prompt unfortunately.

twospoons
05-04-15, 12:00 PM
i think the idea is to wait before releasing the "download for 6gem goal", so less players get gems for downloading it. they ll also see how many dont care about the extra gems and will use that to analyze for future releases....if they will still be 6gems or less......or none :P

and that's the other reason we should all wait!

FYI, since i got curious and just checked google play:

Coffee Shop version (January): 1M-5M installs
Fast Food version (February): 500,000-1M installs
Bagel Cafe version (March, no goal was ever sent): 10,000-50,000 installs
Earth Day version (April): 100,000-500,000 installs

weird that there was such variation in the other versions' numbers, but i think we can chalk bagel cafe's exceedingly low installs to the no associated download goal. i wonder how many people don't even know there ever was a new version then.

bobbyrae
05-04-15, 12:51 PM
Chances are that unless you are a forum member, without the new version prompt there is no way you will know a new version is available. When you search bakery story or restaurant story the regular, "unthemed" version shows up, along with several other versions. I once made a suggestion that whenever TL creates an update that they put a date on it, say Spring 2015 or Summer 2014, just something to let players know which is later in time.

VanaCatu
05-05-15, 03:13 AM
well, it is tuesday, and still no goal.
maybe we finally made them crazy with all our tears-n-cries? lol ))))
wd be extremely bad if they discard this practice. absoutely have no idea where to take enough gems for castle and gold for dragons then... (((

Sb1957
05-05-15, 04:34 AM
well, it is tuesday, and still no goal.
maybe we finally made them crazy with all our tears-n-cries? lol ))))
wd be extremely bad if they discard this practice. absoutely have no idea where to take enough gems for castle and gold for dragons then... (((

Goal with new versions always appears on Friday.

Sb1957
05-05-15, 04:35 AM
and that's the other reason we should all wait!

FYI, since i got curious and just checked google play:

Coffee Shop version (January): 1M-5M installs
Fast Food version (February): 500,000-1M installs
Bagel Cafe version (March, no goal was ever sent): 10,000-50,000 installs
Earth Day version (April): 100,000-500,000 installs

weird that there was such variation in the other versions' numbers, but i think we can chalk bagel cafe's exceedingly low installs to the no associated download goal. i wonder how many people don't even know there ever was a new version then.

I agree with you we ALL SHOULD WAIT!!

VanaCatu
05-05-15, 08:43 AM
Goal with new versions always appears on Friday.

not always. during about one year i got goals on mondays.
abt year ago it changed to friday, and i remebmer couple of times i got 2 goals per week, tuesday and friday.
i even remember there was no goals 2 weeks, also couple of times.

i just cannot understand why now... when there are 2 restaurant versions, 1 bakery, 1 fashion that has not been offered yet, and who knows wht else (like bingo, candies, etc...)

and of course i'll wait. just hope it won't be like bakery thanksgiving: when monthly goals were only available via downloading update. i waited 3 weeks to start the goals.

holt987
05-05-15, 10:33 AM

I've been playing since the beginning of January on my Android phone, and I have NEVER received a pop-up with the "new version" and offering me 6 gems to install it... I have had the other Storm8 games offered as goals for gems, but never a new version of RS. In fact, I would not know that each different version of RS is even linked to the others as an update, if I hadn't found the forum here. I'd still be playing the original version all these months. Same for Bakery Story, which I started playing because it was offered as a goal for gems. I liked it so I kept playing it, but I have NEVER received those updates as goals for gems either...

alicee11
05-05-15, 11:21 AM
I've been playing since the beginning of January on my Android phone, and I have NEVER received a pop-up with the "new version" and offering me 6 gems to install it... I have had the other Storm8 games offered as goals for gems, but never a new version of RS. In fact, I would not know that each different version of RS is even linked to the others as an update, if I hadn't found the forum here. I'd still be playing the original version all these months. Same for Bakery Story, which I started playing because it was offered as a goal for gems. I liked it so I kept playing it, but I have NEVER received those updates as goals for gems either...

Me too since 2 years..

holt987
05-05-15, 12:48 PM
Me too since 2 years..

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, because I was getting tired of reading about how everyone gets their 6 gems with each update release (with the exception of the Bagel Cafe update which everyone seems to be waiting on).

Two years, huh? I guess I shouldn't hold my breath then with hope of ever getting 6 gems for each update. :(

Rainstorms45
05-05-15, 04:00 PM
I usually get goals to update, used to for every game That a new version came out.... for fashion story, bingo, candy mania... dragon story..etc... less lately, think last one was for the earth day one and one for fashion story. Really without them i wouldn't know to update. I just started reading forums again for help with a different game. So now i know about the update but will still hold out to see if there will be gems lol.

alicee11
05-06-15, 06:07 AM
I didn't get any pop up to download the version again... i never get it, is it a bug?

holt987
05-06-15, 07:20 AM
I didn't get any pop up to download the version again... i never get it, is it a bug?

It's quite possible that it's a bug. Every time I post on here that I never get the pop-ups for the updates, people act like I'm doing something wrong or think I'm crazy.... do they really think I haven't already tried all the "suggestions" they've been posting? I guess it's time to finally give in and contact customer support - as if that'll do any good.

However, according to everyone else who DO get the pop-ups on Android, the new update/pop-up usually doesn't happen until Friday, while the iOS users get the update on Wednesdays (today).

pieandcream
05-06-15, 07:46 AM
what have S8 said about that? have you tried logging off, deleting, re-starting phone, re-installing, logging back in?

holt987
05-06-15, 07:56 AM
what have S8 said about that? have you tried logging off, deleting, re-starting phone, re-installing, logging back in?

I've tried all of that, to no avail. I'm a troubleshooter by nature, so until I think I've exhausted every avenue, I keep searching for things to try. I have not contacted support yet, but I think I'm about to do that. I'm not going to hold my breath for an answer, though, or anything to come of it. I'm thinking I'm just stuck with unfortunate luck. Lol.

pieandcream
05-06-15, 09:17 AM
I have not contacted support yet, but I think I'm about to do that.

lets us know how it goes! S8 really needs to fix that!

awesomejujubeans
05-06-15, 09:48 AM
I am going to try and wait til Friday for a possible gem prompt. There is a lot of items for gems I want to buy.

kvoeller
05-06-15, 11:36 AM
I've tried all of that, to no avail. I'm a troubleshooter by nature, so until I think I've exhausted every avenue, I keep searching for things to try. I have not contacted support yet, but I think I'm about to do that. I'm not going to hold my breath for an answer, though, or anything to come of it. I'm thinking I'm just stuck with unfortunate luck. Lol.

Ten bucks says they give you an answer about how those gem offers go out randomly and they have no control over who gets them.

twospoons
05-06-15, 11:47 AM

so it wasn't the amazon app instead of playstore thing? darn, that sounded like it had potential (as an explanation, i mean).

deekathleen
05-06-15, 12:51 PM
so it wasn't the amazon app instead of playstore thing? darn, that sounded like it had potential (as an explanation, i mean).

The amazon app (at least on the kindle. Can you use downloaded apps off amazon onto non kindle devices?) Gets automatic updates, so no new version gems.

holt987
05-06-15, 01:02 PM

No, unfortunately. I've never been on the Amazon app for anything. Only download apps from Google Play Store.

With this week's update being a box, the whole debacle with my phone is a moot point anyway - except that I still don't have Tropical Bliss (which I wasn't crazy about anyway), and I just downloaded Earth Day because I got tired of waiting for the new stuff in that update and I really wanted a couple of things from it.

holt987
05-06-15, 01:05 PM
Ten bucks says they give you an answer about how those gem offers go out randomly and they have no control over who gets them.

LOL. That's about what I'm expecting them to say, too. :)

deekathleen
05-06-15, 02:12 PM

I'm sure they will pass your feedback on to the team also ;0)

bclydett
05-06-15, 02:46 PM
I play on android and no longer get gems 4 downloading new versions. Over past few months thd games i received rewards 4 downloading new versions, casually disappeared one by one till completely gone. So much 4 the one benefit androids users were given.

kvoeller
05-06-15, 03:11 PM
I'm sure they will pass your feedback on to the team also ;0)

Lol this made my day. Well played :p

deekathleen
05-06-15, 06:18 PM
Lol this made my day. Well played :p

:0) :0)

vinnychung
05-06-15, 07:48 PM
i am an android users, and had played it two days without some goals, do you have the same probs?
Anw, i am in level 20

VanaCatu
05-06-15, 10:24 PM
i was always getting goals for downloading, since i started 2yrs ago.
but when i started castle story last autumn, there was nothing like this, so i thought it's just not for this game.
after 2 months i found in forums that actually guys r getting goals. i claimed that never got it, and from next week after this, i started to get the goals in castle story too.
not sure if these facts had any connection, but i guess it really might be a glitch, so no matter wht will they tell u - nobody punish u for asking directly from support team via email, i'm sure. at least u won't have to guess any more :)

VanaCatu
05-06-15, 10:31 PM
ok well!

i see now in google store at least 5 new apps taht haven't been offered to us yet:
- restaurant bagels (already LOL)
- restaurant louaou
- bakery poet's cafe
- fashion spring
- fashion enchanted

(don't know about other games like bingo, candy mania etc. - i don't play it over level required by goals)

and now we have no goals yet.

cannot really understand wht's going on...
i cd suppose that they need to aggregate more apps under new label... and we can help them to top these apps... so why not "thank" us for it a bit? :) give us a goals, i'll download hundred apps if need to be, lol! )))

(for example, in castle story just got an awesome goal named "thanks from teamlava": "accept our little thanks, 20 gems" - that i love! that i understand! lol )))

Sb1957
05-07-15, 04:16 AM
ok well!

i see now in google store at least 5 new apps taht haven't been offered to us yet:
- restaurant bagels (already LOL)
- restaurant louaou
- bakery poet's cafe
- fashion spring
- fashion enchanted

(don't know about other games like bingo, candy mania etc. - i don't play it over level required by goals)

and now we have no goals yet.

cannot really understand wht's going on...
i cd suppose that they need to aggregate more apps under new label... and we can help them to top these apps... so why not "thank" us for it a bit? :) give us a goals, i'll download hundred apps if need to be, lol! )))

(for example, in castle story just got an awesome goal named "thanks from teamlava": "accept our little thanks, 20 gems" - that i love! that i understand! lol )))

You're right except for Fashion Spring. I did receive that pop up, don't remember when.
BAGEL update will not arrive I think.
So now we have 3 updates from 3 different games! Which one we'll receive tomorrow????? Nobody knows.......😱

holt987
05-07-15, 05:35 AM
I play on android and no longer get gems 4 downloading new versions. Over past few months thd games i received rewards 4 downloading new versions, casually disappeared one by one till completely gone. So much 4 the one benefit androids users were given.

Yes, since I've been posting about my problem, others have come forward about how inconsistent TL has been over the past few months. I've only been playing both RS and BS since the beginning of the year, so I didn't have the history of the games' updates like other players to know any better. All I've been reading since I found the forums is "oh, if you're on an Android, you have to wait a few extra days and then you'll get a goal for gems to install a new version", which has never happened for me since January. So I've been thinking every week with each new update, "WTH?? Where is my pop-up with the goal and my gems?".

So thank you for bringing this up. The more people I hear this from, the better I feel. Lol.

bobbyrae
05-07-15, 08:26 AM
So I've been thinking every week with each new update, "WTH?? Where is my pop-up with the goal and my gems?".

I suspect there might be a new version next week if we get goals. The gem reward goal may come or it may not. So far though it seems that this week's update has arrived in the Earth Day version. I can see the Tulip crate available for purchase and got the pop up to purchase it yesterday.

holt987
05-07-15, 09:16 AM
I suspect there might be a new version next week if we get goals. The gem reward goal may come or it may not. So far though it seems that this week's update has arrived in the Earth Day version. I can see the Tulip crate available for purchase and got the pop up to purchase it yesterday.

See, this is the strange thing... my problem is only with the regular updates. NOT the monthly goals OR the crates/boxes. I get those pop-ups just fine, alerting me there is a new goal or a box has arrived. I just don't get the pop-ups offering the gems to install the regular weekly updates. Without the forum, I would never have known there ARE weekly updates with new content/items/recipes. So, I did get the notification for the tulip box and it is in my expansion tab.

bobbyrae
05-07-15, 10:25 AM
See, this is the strange thing... my problem is only with the regular updates. NOT the monthly goals OR the crates/boxes. I get those pop-ups just fine, alerting me there is a new goal or a box has arrived. I just don't get the pop-ups offering the gems to install the regular weekly updates. Without the forum, I would never have known there ARE weekly updates with new content/items/recipes. So, I did get the notification for the tulip box and it is in my expansion tab.

Uuhmmm...there isn't a regular weekly goal offering gems to install regular weekly updates. Goals are released pretty much once per month, usually the first or second week each month. [incorrect info deleted by bobbyrae.]

The history of this, as I recall, is that when "regular" goals first were introduced into the game the goals were not available to players on android devices. The reason TL gave was something along the lines of there being too many different types of android devices with different software/programming or some such technical thing that flew over my head. Because of the outcry against this unfairness, TL developers eventually made the goals available to android players by creating different versions of the game and releasing the goals through those new versions. (My memory may be dodgy so if i'm wrong please correct me). To compensate players for having to go through the hassle of downloading the latest version to be able to complete the goals, TL offered an additional goal to android players which included a requirement to download the newest game version for android. Upon completing the entire goal, a reward would be given which varied between players. Some received 3 gems, some 6 and some 8.

The "update goal" being spoken about in this thread is this gem goal. It is not a weekly goal at all. It is not even a regular monthly thing either. It appears when it appears and may not appear for all players either. New game versions are created whenever, as seems to be the case with this latest Restaurant Story version. Sometimes a gem goal will also be released, sometimes not.

What happens weekly are regular game content updates, which take place usually every Wednesday. The content will just appear with a "new" sticker on them in the different tabs in game.

Natasha_07
05-07-15, 10:36 AM
Uuhmmm...there isn't a regular weekly goal offering gems to install regular weekly updates. Goals are released pretty much once per month, usually the first or second week each month. Whenever goals are released ios players get the goals on Wednesday but Android players usually don't get them until Friday.

Again this is not correct, android get monthly goals on Wednesdays. The same time as for iOS, everyone gets the goals simultaneously.

Wednesdays are update days for androids also, unless there's a new edition it comes later in afternoon depending on time zone.
The gem prompt pop-up is another story, usually Fridays or sometimes it skips weeks or a month.

I've only played my games on android and ONLY get monthly goals/weekly updates on Wednesdays.

bobbyrae
05-07-15, 10:39 AM
Again this is not correct, android get monthly goals on Wednesdays. The same time as for iOS, everyone gets the goals simultaneously.

Wednesdays are update days for androids also, unless there's a new edition it comes later in afternoon depending on time zone.
The gem prompt pop-up is another story, usually Fridays or sometimes it skips weeks or a month.

I've only played my games on android and ONLY get monthly goals/weekly updates on Wednesdays.

Do all Android players get the goals on Wednesdays?

Natasha_07
05-07-15, 10:41 AM

Monthly goals are on Wednesday for everyone.

MizCricket
05-07-15, 11:02 AM

Yes, we do. We get updates and "monthly" goals on Wednesday. The only time we don't get the update at the exact same time as iOS is when we get a new version. We usually don't get a new version on a week when regular "monthly" goals come out, except once that I recall, and people were furious because the regular "monthly" goals didn't appear until you downloaded the new version, and people didn't want to download until they got the gem reward for downloading, but they also didn't want to lose time to do the goals while waiting for the gem reward to download. The gem reward for downloading has no other requirement than downloading the game. That's it, you don't have to do anything else as you mentioned in a previous post.

The new versions also have nothing to do with programming for Android vs. iOS. There has been quite a bit of discussion as to why they do it on Android and not iOS, but it gets shut down pretty quickly by the mods so i won't get into that. IOS used get new versions too, back in the day. I believe the last one was an Olympic themed version.

bobbyrae
05-07-15, 11:03 AM
Monthly goals are on Wednesday for everyone.

Aha. I understand now. Sorry for the misinformation above. I think the history is correct though. I think android used to get updates only on fridays, way back when, then. Someone will correct that as well if my memory has failed. :p

So does the new version (when one is released) with new content (contained i. The new version) get released on Wednesdays or Fridays? Why do I see in some update threads players saying they haven't received the new content and other players telling them the update for android comes out on friday?

I have my games on an android as well, but due to issues with old goals popping up I now only play very infrequently on my phone and mainly play on my ipad.

MizCricket
05-07-15, 11:11 AM
Aha. I understand now. Sorry for the misinformation above. I think the history is correct though. I think android used to get updates only on fridays, way back when, then. Someone will correct that as well if my memory has failed. :p

So does the new version (when one is released) with new content (contained i. The new version) get released on Wednesdays or Fridays? Why do I see in some update threads players saying they haven't received the new content and other players telling them the update for android comes out on friday?

I have my games on an android as well, but due to issues with old goals popping up I now only play very infrequently on my phone and mainly play on my ipad.

Everybody got updates on Fridays way back when, and then it was Thursdays. It's a moving target. ;-)

When Android players say they don't see the update on Wed and people say they will get it Friday, they're probably referring to when they will get the goal to download the new version, but they could be talking about when the new version will be available in the Google Play store. It doesn't always show up Wed. Sometimes it won't show up in the Play store for a couple of days, but it's been better recently. The gem goal to download is also a moving target. It's been showing up on Friday recently, but it used to be Monday, and it's been weeks sometimes. I think TL likes to see how different timings affect the download total. If they could get as many people to download without offering gems, they would do it. They've also messed with how many gems you get for downloading.

bobbyrae
05-07-15, 11:12 AM
Yes, we do. We get updates and "monthly" goals on Wednesday. The only time we don't get the update at the exact same time as iOS is when we get a new version. We usually don't get a new version on a week when regular "monthly" goals come out, except once that I recall, and people were furious because the regular "monthly" goals didn't appear until you downloaded the new version, and people didn't want to download until they got the gem reward for downloading, but they also didn't want to lose time to do the goals while waiting for the gem reward to download. The gem reward for downloading has no other requirement than downloading the game. That's it, you don't have to do anything else as you mentioned in a previous post.

The new versions also have nothing to do with programming for Android vs. iOS. There has been quite a bit of discussion as to why they do it on Android and not iOS, but it gets shut down pretty quickly by the mods so i won't get into that. IOS used get new versions too, back in the day. I believe the last one was an Olympic themed version.

Yes we did get new versions as well. I remember when that used to happen, mainly to fix bugs. But there was some reason given by one of those Monderators (GM, maybe?) that said the reason androids didn't get goals was because... (Not many people accepted it though), but that was the "official" reason at the time.

The gem reward for downloading has no other requirement than downloading the game. That's it, you don't have to do anything else as you mentioned in a previous post. ..but in an attempt to not get this thread shut down I won't admit that TL has ever rewarded players for downloading its games or any versions thereof (Ahem) and so I have always phrased that very carefully to say "set of goals" or a "goal set" or some such thing to indicate that after completing the goal the gem reward is given. :rolleyes: I know it's an app store thing more so than a play store problem, but I've just developed a habit of doing it.

Thanks both of you for setting the record straight.

Natasha_07
05-07-15, 11:15 AM
The new edition comes on the same day as I mentioned above, the difference is time zone. I get mine in the afternoon, it could be late nighttime or very early morning hours for others, it all depends on THEIR time zone.

The people who say: 'I haven't gotten the pop-up for 'x' edition' are the ones waiting for the in game GEM prompt pop-up goal to download 'x edition' and get the 6 gems.
Having said that the edition are always there hours after the update release depending on time zone, it's just that the whole issue is 'when is the pop-up for gems' coming. That's why you see people saying Fridays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and such.

Mine come on Fridays after the Wednesday update, however there are times as I mentioned when it's late, THEN it becomes random.

Hope you understand my post.

MizCricket
05-07-15, 11:19 AM
Yes we did get new versions as well. I remember when that used to happen, mainly to fix bugs. But there was some reason given by one of those Monderators (GM, maybe?) that said the reason androids didn't get goals was because... (Not many people accepted it though), but that was the "official" reason at the time.

I don't remember Android ever not getting goals when iOS did, but that could have been before my time! I do remember lots of discussions about parity in other games like DS and Fashion (where Android has never been given the makeup counter), but I honestly don't remember that problem in BS or RS. Maybe someone else can shed light on that!

Natasha_07
05-07-15, 11:20 AM
@ Misscricket

Yes the Olympics edition was only iOS at the time.

@bobbyrae

The gem prompt issue really is a 'platform' thing, not preference between the 2. I won't go into details, might be rule break.

Natasha_07
05-07-15, 11:22 AM
I don't remember Android ever not getting goals when iOS did, but that could have been before my time! I do remember lots of discussions about parity in other games like DS and Fashion (where Android has never been given the makeup counter), but I honestly don't remember that problem in BS or RS. Maybe someone else can shed light on that!

Yes there was such a time, very very long ago.

DS only got the features this year but not 100%.

bobbyrae
05-07-15, 11:27 AM

I can't find the thread where DWF said it, but his quote is reproduced on this 2012 thread at a time when android didn't have goals yet: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?26050-goals&highlight=hundreds+Android+devices

The "official reason" :

Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire
There are also hundreds of different Android devices, while there are only a few iOS devices. It's difficult to make a game compatible for all Android devices when each one has different specifications and new ones are coming out every other week.

Also on the first post in the android parity thread, also before goals were available for android:
Developing for Android is more difficult due to the multiple operating systems and variety of devices. We're working to resolve the parity, but it takes more time due to the development process. We want to make sure we introduce features that include as many devices as possible.

MizCricket
05-07-15, 04:52 PM
I can't find the thread where DWF said it, but his quote is reproduced on this 2012 thread at a time when android didn't have goals yet: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?26050-goals&highlight=hundreds+Android+devices

Yikes! 3-6 months! Those were the dark days indeed! LOL I started playing BS and RS in the spring of 2012 when I got my tablet. I had been playing Farm and Fashion since late summer of 2011 on my phone. You got me curious so I went looking to see when we got goals in BS & RS. Looks like it was the end of August 2012 so a few months after I started.

The constant new versions for Android still don't have anything to do with programming for Android vs. iOS. Apple devices had new version releases before Android did, but then they stopped for iOS and continued for Android. It stopped making sense to continue making new versions for iOS after Apple cracked down on incentivized app downloads in the app store. I remember a couple of people posting articles about it at the time.

holt987
05-08-15, 07:21 AM
The "update goal" being spoken about in this thread is this gem goal. It is not a weekly goal at all. It is not even a regular monthly thing either. It appears when it appears and may not appear for all players either. New game versions are created whenever, as seems to be the case with this latest Restaurant Story version. Sometimes a gem goal will also be released, sometimes not.

THANK YOU for clearing that up. Everyone else on here keeps speaking about the new versions on Android as if it's a given each week and that we'll get the goal/gems for installing it. They also seem to interchange the usage of "update" and "new version" for the Android users. When everyone is asking where the new update content is on the Android, the answer is usually "wait until Friday for the pop-up/goal for the gems". I think that's where my confusion was - I can't speak for anyone else.

cindyhinnard
05-08-15, 11:30 AM
Just got the pop-up for the poet's cafe on bs this morning but nothing for rs tropical bliss...still waiting

Sb1957
05-08-15, 02:01 PM
Today we received the pop-up for downloading bs poet's cafe. So rs new version will have to wait till next friday. That is if s8 don't send first the new fashion story version, in which case we'll have to wait 14 days!! ��

R5FanForever1
05-08-15, 03:18 PM
Just got the pop-up for the poet's cafe on bs this morning but nothing for rs tropical bliss...still waiting

I have an android device and I found RS: Tropical Bliss in the Google Play store. I also got the pop-up for Bakery Story.

Sb1957
05-13-15, 07:41 AM
Please s8/teamlava, can you send for android players the goal with last version tropical bliss next friday??? I need gems!!

twospoons
05-13-15, 04:26 PM
edited because i posted a sarcastic statement, then decided it wasn't really that funny.

Sb1957
05-15-15, 03:38 AM
Thanks S8/TL for sending Tropical Breeze version!! This should be like this from now on, if there are not great delays Android players will be happier!! ��

StevenKevin
05-15-15, 12:52 PM
Just downloaded the tropic bliss version so impatient to get hawaiian stuff but tho i got the gems i didnt need there was absolutely no tropical items :( is it a glitch? Ami the only one to suffer from this???? I was so eager to redesign my place :( can a mod give an answer plz???

Natasha_07
05-15-15, 01:27 PM
Just downloaded the tropic bliss version so impatient to get hawaiian stuff but tho i got the gems i didnt need there was absolutely no tropical items :( is it a glitch? Ami the only one to suffer from this???? I was so eager to redesign my place :( can a mod give an answer plz???

It's way back, well at least for me. Keep scrolling, scroll...

You'll find them.

StevenKevin
05-15-15, 01:39 PM
Oh ty dear lemme check

Natasha_07
05-15-15, 01:57 PM
Oh ty dear lemme check

:) You found them now ?

StevenKevin
05-17-15, 06:18 AM
Sorry dear forgot to answer i did thxs a lot :)

twospoons
05-26-15, 05:26 PM
have gotten no response on my bugs thread, so trying here: did anyone delay downloading RS: tropical bliss? because i got a goal to do so on the 15th, but was busy, and then on vacation, so i hadn't downloaded it when IT DISAPPEARED.

it was a 15-day goal, so should be valid through the end of this week, and i saw it in my goal book thursday or friday last week, when there were still 9 days left on the timer (which i guess means i looked at it on thursday). i got another download goal on friday (dragon story), so i had both at that point, and then finally had a free minute (i delayed to give myself a chance to open other games that i don't really play anymore, just so that i'll have gems in case i want to go back to playing them at some point) and the RS goal was gone.

i've had more than one active download goal at a time before, so i don't think getting another one bumps off any of the ones you currently have, unless they've changed the process? anyone know anything about it?

lauraleighashby
05-26-15, 06:30 PM
I installed Tropical Bliss last week, but have none of the bagel edition content. Do I need to install that version separately to receive it?

PepperWoo
05-26-15, 06:39 PM
I installed Tropical Bliss last week, but have none of the bagel edition content. Do I need to install that version separately to receive it?

Yeah you still have to download the Bagel Cafe version to receive the bagel update. Afterwards you may uninstall Bagel Cafe and just continue using Tropical Bliss since the bagel update will carry on to the latest one after you've opened your game using BC version.

bobbyrae
05-26-15, 09:34 PM
have gotten no response on my bugs thread, so trying here: did anyone delay downloading RS: tropical bliss? because i got a goal to do so on the 15th, but was busy, and then on vacation, so i hadn't downloaded it when IT DISAPPEARED.

it was a 15-day goal, so should be valid through the end of this week, and i saw it in my goal book thursday or friday last week, when there were still 9 days left on the timer (which i guess means i looked at it on thursday). i got another download goal on friday (dragon story), so i had both at that point, and then finally had a free minute (i delayed to give myself a chance to open other games that i don't really play anymore, just so that i'll have gems in case i want to go back to playing them at some point) and the RS goal was gone.

i've had more than one active download goal at a time before, so i don't think getting another one bumps off any of the ones you currently have, unless they've changed the process? anyone know anything about it?

Oh that is unfortunate. I waited and got the goal but installed it right away. I haven't noticed one bumping the other since I will have up to three different goals to download different games or versions of dragon or castle story or fantasy something or the other or that jewel one at any one time in game.

Natasha_07
05-27-15, 09:49 PM
RESTAURANT STORY: SUMMER CAMP

Is in the play store.

bobbyrae
05-28-15, 04:42 AM
Thanks Natasha!

lauraleighashby
05-29-15, 12:18 PM
This is odd...I had installed the tropical version, bypassing the bagel version, and saw that the bagel content was missing. I went back and installed bagel as someone said , to get that content. I opened it, then closed it, opened tropical but still no bagel items or recipes. I then installed an old version (was looking for a particular item) and it showed up with the bagel content and new summer items. Now I am playing only on the bagel version....should that content show up if I reinstall tropical? Sorry if this is confusing.

bobbyrae
06-12-15, 10:29 AM
Just got the goal today to download this new version.

irylshop
06-21-15, 11:21 AM
Anyone knows what is the content of bagel cafe ? I missed that updates..

lauraleighashby
06-21-15, 02:12 PM

Some new recipes and decor....and tables and chairs...maybe wallpaper?

Sb1957
06-22-15, 06:57 AM

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80044-Restaurant-Update-March-25th-2015

yetta0220
09-30-15, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know what the latest android version of Restaurant Story is? There is a new part in the store for a new oven, but I don't have the oven in my store.

twospoons
09-30-15, 03:31 PM
keep your eye on this week's update thread at http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85101-Restaurant-Update-Sept-30-2015

when the newest version makes it to playstore, someone will post the version name/link.

QTHoneywell
09-30-15, 08:17 PM

Just now seeing this, and yes! Same exact thing happened to me. I had 9 days left and went to install and gone. Next day I got the dragon one.

jandtandn
10-01-15, 03:42 AM
Restaurant Story: Royal Blues is the new version from the September 30th 2015 update.

twospoons
10-01-15, 12:21 PM
Just now seeing this, and yes! Same exact thing happened to me. I had 9 days left and went to install and gone. Next day I got the dragon one.

always nice to know i'm not alone! they responded to an email and said they couldn't extend the goal, which i very specifically had not asked them to, i was just reporting the error and wondering if there was something i should be aware of in relation to these goals for the future.

i've been downloading featured games within the first week, before a new goal gets released the next friday, just in case.

twospoons
10-02-15, 12:11 AM
This week's goal to download: Farm Story 2. Not a new version, so I didn't get it on my main account where I'd already played through all the goal levels, but it was released to my new account.

Sigh. I really thought we'd get a good one this week. Oh well!

njbhugjjgnj
10-02-15, 07:04 AM
always nice to know i'm not alone! they responded to an email and said they couldn't extend the goal, which i very specifically had not asked them to, i was just reporting the error and wondering if there was something i should be aware of in relation to these goals for the future.

i've been downloading featured games within the first week, before a new goal gets released the next friday, just in case.. It's happened to me in both games :( This is what I started doing: When the goal download pops up I ss the timer,this gives me leverage with S8. When the goal disappears and I know I still had more time,I ss again to show it's not there and I report it. Because I had proof that there was still time left to DL it,they gave me those gems :) Hope this helps.

bklyn99
10-02-15, 07:58 AM
I am so confused. I was here yesterday and found out that I need to get Royal Blues for the sapphire stuff. Done. So from now on I open the royal blues instead of just my RS shortcut, right? However I came back today to find out how to get all the harvest stuff currently in Stormie's store and now I am getting the impression that all these pop ups that I thought were other games are actually the updates for RS? So if I dl Farm Story 2 I get the harvest stuff? Every week I have to dl a new game as an update? Can someone please clarify these procedures because I don't want other games, just the updates with new stuff for RS. Like many others I have been playing RS for over a year and never knew this was the case. I am at level 94! TIA for your assistance!

lenasdinner
10-02-15, 10:31 AM
I am so confused. I was here yesterday and found out that I need to get Royal Blues for the sapphire stuff. Done. So from now on I open the royal blues instead of just my RS shortcut, right? However I came back today to find out how to get all the harvest stuff currently in Stormie's store and now I am getting the impression that all these pop ups that I thought were other games are actually the updates for RS? So if I dl Farm Story 2 I get the harvest stuff? Every week I have to dl a new game as an update? Can someone please clarify these procedures because I don't want other games, just the updates with new stuff for RS. Like many others I have been playing RS for over a year and never knew this was the case. I am at level 94! TIA for your assistance!
my game dosent have nothing to do with new downloads.I'm on android.you should have all updates on it accept that one for what the download is...usualy new team with new stow and recepies and decors,new version comes once in mount so you dont have to update every week.however..for you to wait the pop up on the game for games,you'll should wait.we use to get thos two weks later..than right before new wersion..and now we still waiting for ''RS renaissance faire'' I think allready two mount of waiting.so who knows when will this Royal blue came up! but still...you can allways dowload them on google store right now. new updates you can find on friday,until than you can collect needed parts and build oven right after downloadin a new version.

Natasha_07
10-02-15, 10:41 AM
New updates come on Wednesdays, unless a new edition is required for the items it will added to the play store a few hours after official update is released on the very same Wednesday.

If you're in a hurry for the items simply download the new edition on the same day unless you want the gems, those gem prompts are totally RANDOM.

Right now Restaurant Story: ROYAL BLUES is the most recent edition, download that to access this week's sapphire content.

Should another update need to be downloaded simply uninstall the previous one after the new one is installed and only keep the most RECENT edition.

Hope this helps you!

lenasdinner
10-02-15, 10:43 AM
You're right except for Fashion Spring. I did receive that pop up, don't remember when.
BAGEL update will not arrive I think.
So now we have 3 updates from 3 different games! Which one we'll receive tomorrow????? Nobody knows.......😱

I know for shure that we had a pop up for fashion spring and fashion enchanted..I got my 6 gems for both.
however I read on forum that some players got RS bagels maybe mounth or two ago(really really late),I dident because I dowloaded before.I usualy dont wait for pop up on BS and RS...just cant wait,but I get all other updates for gems....for now.and about Restaurat louaou don't know with one it is(maybe tropical bliss)??

twospoons
10-02-15, 10:55 AM
. It's happened to me in both games :( This is what I started doing: When the goal download pops up I ss the timer,this gives me leverage with S8. When the goal disappears and I know I still had more time,I ss again to show it's not there and I report it. Because I had proof that there was still time left to DL it,they gave me those gems :) Hope this helps.

meh. it was a situation that happened once months ago. if it happens again i might start going to the trouble of screenshots, but probably not. it's easier to just download the game quickly. but thanks for the advice!

i'd add to natasha's explanation this: S8 releases goals to download new games/versions every friday (currently, it used to be different days). sometimes it will be an RS prompt, sometimes another story game or a mania game. if it's NOT an RS prompt, downloading the game will make no difference to your restaurant, you're not missing any content. you can download the game to get free gems in RS if you want, or you can just skip it.

when you get a prompt to download an RS version, those are the ones you need, but it sounds like you've chosen to get the content early and not wait for the prompt (which doesn't come for weeks, so i can see why you did).

side note: the ones for the games you don't play, just FYI, you can download the game, open it for 2 seconds and then delete it, and you'll get the free gems. there are further goals that ask you to play to a certain level, but the first step is pretty effortless, and gives you 6 gems.

Natasha_07
10-02-15, 10:58 AM

New updates come on Wednesdays, unless a new edition is required for the items it will added to the play store a few hours after official update is released on the very same Wednesday.

If you're in a hurry for the items simply download the new edition on the same day unless you want the gems, those gem prompts are totally RANDOM.

Right now Restaurant Story: ROYAL BLUES is the most recent edition, download that to access this week's sapphire content.

Should another update need to be downloaded simply uninstall the previous one after the new one is installed and only keep the most RECENT edition.

Hope this helps you!

Also if you want the LTOs autumn content it's timed for 12 days since the released date. Refer to this thread for more info.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85025-Old-Autumn-Fall-items

bklyn99
10-02-15, 03:03 PM
i'd add to natasha's explanation this: S8 releases goals to download new games/versions every friday (currently, it used to be different days). sometimes it will be an RS prompt, sometimes another story game or a mania game. if it's NOT an RS prompt, downloading the game will make no difference to your restaurant, you're not missing any content. you can download the game to get free gems in RS if you want, or you can just skip it.

when you get a prompt to download an RS version, those are the ones you need, but it sounds like you've chosen to get the content early and not wait for the prompt (which doesn't come for weeks, so i can see why you did).

side note: the ones for the games you don't play, just FYI, you can download the game, open it for 2 seconds and then delete it, and you'll get the free gems. there are further goals that ask you to play to a certain level, but the first step is pretty effortless, and gives you 6 gems.[/QUOTE]

Thank you both. I think I understand. The only unclear part is how do we know that we need to download something (I assume just based on not finding the rewards from the update). As for the the harvest items in Stormie's Store, I checked that forum link (thx Natasha!) for the autumn stuff but those aren't the items I'm looking for. There's a harvest stand, veggie stand, jam stand, apple tree, and fall wagon. Are these some sort of box we would need to buy or an update that I'm missing?

twospoons
10-02-15, 03:47 PM
sept. 16th's update was a box that included that veggie stand content. here's the thread:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?84687-Restaurant-Update-16th-September-2015

Natasha_07
10-02-15, 08:06 PM
Thank you both. I think I understand. The only unclear part is how do we know that we need to download something (I assume just based on not finding the rewards from the update). As for the the harvest items in Stormie's Store, I checked that forum link (thx Natasha!) for the autumn stuff but those aren't the items I'm looking for. There's a harvest stand, veggie stand, jam stand, apple tree, and fall wagon. Are these some sort of box we would need to buy or an update that I'm missing?

Try to visit the forum every Wednesday if possible, to check the update thread. Should you need to download a new edition it will be posted with the name of the edition. New items are usually at the front of the tabs, unless it's a box it will be in that tab. However should you not see anything new on the update day (Wednesdays) please check the forum so you'll know.

The harvest items are from a box.

Hope this helps!

twospoons
10-09-15, 10:58 AM
this week's android goal is candy: halloween. glad it's a game i can get gems for in my main account, not just the baby one, but man, where are the BS & RS goals?

oh well, i'm still going to wait them out. the bakery one with the apples is the only one i liked enough to consider downloading early, and my place is in halloween mode there so i don't need apple decor at the moment.

deekathleen
10-09-15, 12:54 PM
Guess we are not getting a Halloween deco sale this week...blah. by next week I won't want to invest real money into stuff to have out for like a week.

twospoons
10-09-15, 02:53 PM
considering last year's last minute sale, i'll take the 2 weeks. if they do another 12-day sale, then i can see why they chose next week, because it gets you almost right up to halloween.

deekathleen
10-09-15, 02:56 PM
considering last year's last minute sale, i'll take the 2 weeks. if they do another 12-day sale, then i can see why they chose next week, because it gets you almost right up to halloween.

I suppose, it's just harder when you have no Halloween stuff to put out *pouts* lol

minidemon88
10-10-15, 02:14 AM
Going by their usual pattern, I'm guessing the last week of October. Just don't keep your hope too high.

Although I'm still patiently waiting for the download goals for bs and rs.

twospoons
10-13-15, 12:28 AM
Hey, a download goal on a Tuesday! Dragon: Halloween. Sweet, although I'd still rather it be BS/RS.

Sb1957
10-13-15, 03:23 AM
Strange things are happening my friend!! It was a surprise for me too!!! Hope on friday will come RS/BS update.

LalaSmooth
10-13-15, 04:11 AM
Yes I was surprised this happened too.. Maybe we get goals on Tuesday and Friday?

PepperWoo
10-13-15, 04:25 AM
I thought my baby account was being weird, getting a goal download on a Tuesday! xD Didn't get this one here though, maybe because I've already installed DS Halloween on iOS. Oh well~

LadyXeres
10-17-15, 06:59 PM
Is there anyway to go back & get some goal items? I have no new quests at level 51, and yet there are tons of goal items I can't open. Pls help...Ty :-)

twospoons
10-17-15, 07:45 PM
No, goal items are permanently locked for those that didn't complete them, except on the rare occasions S8 re-releases them. You may have noticed some of us mentioning old versions available to android, but while those have a few extra items available, they don't unlock any of the stuff you see in your decor tabs now.

QTHoneywell
10-18-15, 12:27 AM
Hey, a download goal on a Tuesday! Dragon: Halloween. Sweet, although I'd still rather it be BS/RS.

I still had 12 days left and poof it's gone.

LadyXeres
10-18-15, 10:13 AM
So is there no way to go get versions like Country Fashion Story?

LadyXeres
10-18-15, 10:21 AM
Tyf posting this... I don't seem to get update notices for BS,FS, or RS... seems like when I hit over level 50 I stopped getting notices for newer versions... has he level got anything to do with it? Ty again...

LadyXeres
10-18-15, 10:23 AM
Wish I could chandeliers table goal...I love those!:-)

reginacurry2
10-24-15, 04:08 PM
Thank you very much have visited several sites trying to figure out what upgrade is current. Wish they still put the goals with the new updates so we can keep current while earning gems.

teejai652
10-26-15, 11:24 AM
I was reading the above comments and it may be why I can't seem to get the recipes or equipment that are in line with the goals such as any recipe from gran-gran. It says find in oven but the oven recipes have nothing to do with what's in the goal so I end up skipping and that costs gems. It is restaurant story bagel caf?. I may end up dropping out. Can anyone tell me how to get to the right place. I am teejai652 and I lost my phone and had to start over and I don't want to do that again. Thank you.

twospoons
10-26-15, 11:34 AM
Oh, sorry you skipped. Gran-Gran recipes are on the oven, they're just all the way at the back, so you have to scroll to the end. It doesn't matter which version, that's true in all versions.

irylshop
11-17-15, 11:36 AM
I am a little bit confuse & so behind..i am playing on Summer Camp version currently, how many version i should waiting for the download goal ? Only the Royal Blue or anything else ? TIA..

Evilynnrose1
11-25-15, 06:36 PM
Searching for restaurant story update 2015 plz help

pixiegamer
11-25-15, 07:07 PM
I am a little bit confuse & so behind..i am playing on Summer Camp version currently, how many version i should waiting for the download goal ? Only the Royal Blue or anything else ? TIA..

Since Summer Camp, there have been Restaurant Story: Ren Faire, and Restaurant Story: Royal Blues.

pixiegamer
11-25-15, 07:08 PM
Searching for restaurant story update 2015 plz help

Google Play has quite a few versions that you could still download :)

Evilynnrose1
03-13-17, 09:47 AM
Android users dont forget to download -RS Founders-