PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with the time for goals?

ChaneyRenee
04-30-15, 08:24 AM
This is the second post and I hope someone will respond. The game is forcing me to use gems that I just purchased or I will lose goal as it can't be completed in the allotted time given from the get go. I just got Cover Your Bases and All Star Fans. Each starts out at 6 hours. It hasn't been 30 minutes and it is down to 5 hours. I bought the machine and one was given. I had some 2 parts and had to pay for the rest because I couldn't get them in 6 hours. I then realized it requires me to make 20 items a 1 hour each in 6 hours. In cover your bases the memorabia is locked and wont allow me to purchase it. It also has 6 hours. There is no way possible to complete these in time. I just got finished spending all the purchased with real money gems to finish the goal prior to this for the same reason. In total I have spent 33 gems. 6 were spent in Restaurant Story for the same reason. All my goals had been working properly until I purchased gems. That is only thing I think that is different. My gems are about half gone now and I'm very aggravated. Im new to this and very frustrated. I posted about it a few hours ago and no one has responded. Could someone please help. >.<:confused:

deekathleen
04-30-15, 08:52 AM
There is a month given to complete the monthly goals. Did you just start playing, that may explain why you think you were given such a short time to do it. Next month you will have a full 30 days or so to complete the next goal. Hope that helped.

deekathleen
04-30-15, 08:55 AM
Also, don't spend any more gems trying to complete the two current goals in this or restaurant story. Each monthly goal has (I believe) 6 recipes you will have to cook to complete the goals. You are better off just letting this one expire and waiting for the next one. You may be given a chance after this goal is over to buy the final prize for gems since you started the goal. Some one else who has been playing longer may have some better advice for you.

ChaneyRenee
04-30-15, 09:02 AM
So you are saying that all the goals expire on the 30th of each month? Its only the baseball one that is glitched in this. I have seen the time jump from days to hours and now they only are in hours. There wasn't a problem till bought gems. Yes Im new only been playing a couple weeks.

ChaneyRenee
04-30-15, 09:08 AM
This really sux. :( I've been up all night trying to get this under control. Need some rest now.

jandtandn
04-30-15, 09:13 AM
The purchase of gems is no causing a problem with the timer. The timer notoriously acts like that and I don't think they are going to change it, unfortunately. There will be new goals in both BS and RS soon and you will have the regular 30 days to do those.

Your game is not glitched. The Memorabilia is locked because it requires another part of the goal to unlock it. You will frequently be asked to purchase something that cannot be purchased without completing some other part of the goal. You may see some small italicized text which tells you what to unlock first in order to purchase it.

deekathleen
04-30-15, 09:45 AM
This really sux. :( I've been up all night trying to get this under control. Need some rest now.

Goals are confusing when you first play, they are not really explained at all in the game.

I haven't done many so someone else can correct what I get wrong. Usually you have to purchase (2?) appliances first (they will tell you which ones) Then you have to cook however many of the first recipe to unlock the second one, then you have to cook however many of the second required to unlock the last recipe. Don't bother trying to master each recipe , just cook the required amount to move on. You can always go back later and master them. Then you are usually required to purchase whatever item/items they tell you to buy and then buy another (different)goal appliance and do the required three recipes on that one. Then you will be awarded the goal prize after you finish all the cooking and buying of whatever items they tell you to buy. Hope that made sense and didn't confuse you more.