PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update: April 29th 2015

jandtandn
04-28-15, 03:26 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2cnzd4x.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2dtyiol.jpg

I liked last week's update- hoping for more of the same tomorrow!

LalaSmooth
04-28-15, 05:12 AM
We might get goals but it's the 29th so we might get them next week. I want a nice fairy fountain

Saigek
04-28-15, 06:55 AM
Something cinco de mayo would be nice

LalaSmooth
04-28-15, 12:01 PM
We are due a box so we might get a box update

nastmei
04-28-15, 12:48 PM
I hope its goal!!!

meme1098
04-28-15, 01:25 PM
Goals are always the first Wednesday of the month. That's not till next week.

LalaSmooth
04-28-15, 01:47 PM
I hope its goal!!!
It's the 29th tomorrow so we might get them next week unless they are generous to give them us tomorrow but I doubt it but we haven't had a box since new year

jandtandn
04-28-15, 03:06 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2dtyiol.jpg

rosewaterlily
04-28-15, 03:13 PM
Not really into the tiki mask themed items, but I like everything else! Always good to get new recipes too.

jandtandn
04-28-15, 03:18 PM
Will we get new recipes on the Tiki Oven or are these what it already makes? I've never built it.

twospoons
04-28-15, 03:32 PM
what's in the pic is what's already on the tiki oven.

i love the idea of this update, but i think i like BS's luau decoration better. won't stop me from buying stuff though! but if it's a box i might only open it a couple times.

not that into the floors & walls though. i'll stick with beige sand on my beaches.

LalaSmooth
04-28-15, 03:52 PM
I'm glad we didn't get goals this week as I have nearly mastered the recipes from this months.

KennedyRomanov
04-28-15, 04:08 PM
I love that they are using more purple in recipes

rocketsmama
04-28-15, 04:27 PM
I like this update, but why can't we get this in Bakery???

DLL137
04-28-15, 04:46 PM
I like this update, but why can't we get this in Bakery???

That defeats the purpose of having them be two separate games.

alexnfriends
04-28-15, 05:05 PM
YAY for the new recipes!

So sorry, not adding new nbrs in any of my games.

Sb1957
04-28-15, 05:07 PM
Tiki oven is not new, neither the tables, chairs or counters. I see some new recipes, new wall paper and floor deco. Maybe at least we get a discount on articles!

StevenKevin
04-28-15, 05:10 PM
Wow exactly what im into :)))) keep my fingers crossed its not another endless boring goal

jandtandn
04-28-15, 05:22 PM
not that into the floors & walls though. i'll stick with beige sand on my beaches.

There's so much stuff jam packed into the preview photos that I didn't even notice the floor!

I have seen black sand beaches when I went to Dominica, but I do like the other sand tile we have.

twospoons
04-28-15, 09:33 PM
wait a second here...did the third girl, on the right in the rear, catch her hair on fire?

okay, now i REALLY want that decoration.

algalesia
04-28-15, 10:19 PM
Haa haa she looks like she is about to cry.i dont know why it makes me laugh.keen observation twospoons

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 02:20 AM
Omg this would be perfect for summer.

Lenn_ann
04-29-15, 02:48 AM
wait a second here...did the third girl, on the right in the rear, catch her hair on fire?

okay, now i REALLY want that decoration.

Hehe yeah she's a little clumsy :p
We're evil for finding it funny lol

jandtandn
04-29-15, 06:26 AM

Okay, now that is funny! I missed all these details.

rocketsmama
04-29-15, 08:11 AM
That defeats the purpose of having them be two separate games.

Not really what I meant....the update in bakery this week is more like Halloween-ish at least for me. This one is definitely more summer. I just wish that we could have a spring/summer update in bakery since the last couple have been blah.

Saigek
04-29-15, 09:46 AM
That puppy with lei is adorable!

kjbrogren
04-29-15, 10:36 AM
I just got a pop up saying the April 2014 Apple Blossom goal items are available for 5 days! I finally got the tables and chairs Ive wanted forever!!! Ty S8.

Table 2 gem
Chair 2 gems
Picnic display 20 gems
Blossom Grove display 40 gems
Fruit bar appliance 30 gems
Blossom counter 3 gems

I haven't gotten the Lua update yet? Not sure whats up with that...

pieandcream
04-29-15, 10:39 AM
...i doubt i ll be buying anything of the old goal items. It was a goal item and was free (no real money), taking it out and then trying to get players to spend more real money -gems is not something i condone.

joeybasenji
04-29-15, 10:49 AM
does any body else have the fruit bar 5 days left. 30 gems???? This is in my oven appliances surely a mistake ?

pieandcream
04-29-15, 10:55 AM
nope...30 gems per oven if you want it. i find this concept of removing old goals and their corresponding ovens only to try to squeeze out more gems appalling; and won't be spending any gems on it!!!! it is not a business strategy I would ever be willing to support.....if we do...we ll probably see more of this happening.

the fruit bar was 15.5k and should be re-sold for that. Not gems.
spring picnic was 25k btw.....

deekathleen
04-29-15, 10:58 AM
Is this lto on old goal items just for IOS?

pieandcream
04-29-15, 11:01 AM
Is this lto on old goal items just for IOS?

no, im on android. the now LTO was an old goal and is now available for purchase for GEMS. The goal items were all purchasable for COINS before.
if it hasnt come up for you, close app and restart?

deekathleen
04-29-15, 11:11 AM
Thanks, did that and it worked. :)
So is the fruit bar a LTO or is it just a last call for those who did the goal?
Is there a way to see a better picture of what the picnic looks like?

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 11:14 AM
That fruit bar was ugly and too big. Any recipes??

pieandcream
04-29-15, 11:14 AM

eeeh, LTO for now? no idea if and when they will re-release it.

pieandcream
04-29-15, 11:15 AM

should have 3 recipes

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 11:16 AM
Why am I not seeing this update? I refreshed and refreshed but no update :(

pieandcream
04-29-15, 11:19 AM
Why am I not seeing this update? I refreshed and refreshed but no update :(

close it, not refresh. close app and restart.

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 11:21 AM
I'm not seeing the pictures in this weeks update, just old goal items. No recipes on stoves either. I have force closed it but I'm not seeing nothing in the pictures

deekathleen
04-29-15, 11:21 AM

Yeah, just looked at it. Not something I would want to spend that many gems on.

Sb1957
04-29-15, 11:23 AM
why am i not seeing this update? I refreshed and refreshed but no update :(

it seems another update is coming on friday guys playing android, another one???!!!

bobbyrae
04-29-15, 11:23 AM
...i doubt i ll be buying anything of the old goal items. It was a goal item and was free (no real money), taking it out and then trying to get players to spend more real money -gems is not something i condone.

nope...30 gems per oven if you want it. i find this concept of removing old goals and their corresponding ovens only to try to squeeze out more gems appalling; and won't be spending any gems on it!!!! it is not a business strategy I would ever be willing to support.....if we do...we ll probably see more of this happening.

the fruit bar was 15.5k and should be re-sold for that. Not gems.
spring picnic was 25k btw.....

You should know that several players actually asked for this option- the ability to buy old goal appliances for gems. So there you go. S8 has listened.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/a0077911c1f502f233b3bd4cedf2d0fb.jpg

CassieJo84
04-29-15, 11:24 AM
Cute update. I just redecorated with a beach theme last weekend, so naturally I'm out of gems. Lol

bobbyrae
04-29-15, 11:26 AM

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/0a92b84e31998689379ae24ef4d0858f.jpg

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 11:26 AM
ANOTHER update? Didn't we have this version 2 weeks ago?

lauraleighashby
04-29-15, 11:29 AM
I am on android and have access to the LTOs...30 gems for one appliance?? Mastering three recipes on it earns me six gems...so no thanks. Obviously a gouging by S8...if this is your idea v of a re release, you can keep them unreleased as far as I am concerned. Is that price for the people that did manage to do the goals as well?

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 11:30 AM
I want the tiki items but I'm only seeing old goal stuff

jandtandn
04-29-15, 11:34 AM

PepperWoo
04-29-15, 11:35 AM
Unlike the whole Puebla fiasco in BS last week where the old goal items have been accidentally released to random players for coins therefore it's quite unfair to release the same items now for gems, I understand why they decided to release the old goal prizes here in RS for gems. However, the gem price tag should have been applicable only to those who never actually did/completed the goal. It's very unfair for people who finished the goals but now had to pay gems if they want more of those items they rightfully gained.

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 11:36 AM

I soooo want to spend my 55 gems on that fire dancers.. I want those recipes too.... I hate waiting for new versions

pieandcream
04-29-15, 11:37 AM
I am on android and have access to the LTOs...30 gems for one appliance?? Mastering three recipes on it earns me six gems...so no thanks. Obviously a gouging by S8...if this is your idea v of a re release, you can keep them unreleased as far as I am concerned. Is that price for the people that did manage to do the goals as well?

people that could buy them before now could buy them all for coins! they only NOW changed it to gems.

pieandcream
04-29-15, 11:38 AM
on a positive note.
Thanks for posting pic Jill :)
And LOVE the tiki torches, very nice S8 :)

StevenKevin
04-29-15, 11:50 AM
those new versions for droids are really getting ridiculous.....

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 11:50 AM
Anyone on android seeing the tiki items?

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 11:52 AM
those new versions for droids are really getting ridiculous..... tell me about it. The Earth Day version was like released 2 weeks ago but on positive side least we will get 12 gems for installing the new RS and BS versions on Saturday

twospoons
04-29-15, 11:54 AM
You should know that several players actually asked for this option- the ability to buy old goal appliances for gems. So there you go. S8 has listened.

true, although i'd bet they didn't mean 30 gems. :(

Unlike the whole Puebla fiasco in BS last week where the old goal items have been accidentally released to random players for coins therefore it's quite unfair to release the same items now for gems, I understand why they decided to release the old goal prizes here in RS for gems. However, the gem price tag should have been applicable only to those who never actually did/completed the goal. It's very unfair for people who finished the goals but now had to pay gems if they want more of those items they rightfully gained.

agreed. i guess now we know--when there's a goal content removal that you can access, be super careful to stock up as much as you think you'll ever need.

I soooo want to spend my gems on that fire dancers.. I want those recipes too.... I hate waiting for new versions

right there with you. and i just realized yesterday i totally forgot to ever install the bagel version! hope that's still available.

jandtandn
04-29-15, 11:59 AM
Thanks for posting pic Jill :)

You are very welcome! :)

Lenn_ann
04-29-15, 12:01 PM
Anyone on android seeing the tiki items?

I don't see any :/ maybe later

pieandcream
04-29-15, 12:03 PM
and i just realized yesterday i totally forgot to ever install the bagel version! hope that's still available.

always available :) no worries ..market has tons of old versions!

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 12:05 PM
always available :) no worries ..market has tons of old versions! I can't get market anymore ��

StevenKevin
04-29-15, 12:06 PM
tell me about it. The Earth Day version was like released 2 weeks ago but on positive side least we will get 12 gems for installing the new RS and BS versions on Saturday

well yeah i suppose thats great for players who need gems but frankly tons of new versions do not make sense !!!!!

rosewaterlily
04-29-15, 12:10 PM
true, although i'd bet they didn't mean 30 gems. :(

Not true, some people have said they'd even pay 49 gems for them! I think it's okay to release old appliances for gems, but only if you also get an extra appliance slot to house it in, otherwise it's just lame. The fruit bar would actually be a nice floor decor but unfortunately you can never put it out if you use all your slots to cook. I wish there was an option to disable it from being counted as an appliance if you only want to use it for decorating.

rita6834
04-29-15, 12:18 PM
Can someone from TL explain why so many new version's for Android? This is getting absurd.

twospoons
04-29-15, 12:53 PM
Not true, some people have said they'd even pay 49 gems for them! I think it's okay to release old appliances for gems, but only if you also get an extra appliance slot to house it in, otherwise it's just lame. The fruit bar would actually be a nice floor decor but unfortunately you can never put it out if you use all your slots to cook. I wish there was an option to disable it from being counted as an appliance if you only want to use it for decorating.

okay, guess i was just thinking of myself then. there are some appliances that are expired by goal that i would pay gems for, but i wouldn't do the 49 even with an extra slot, and the only reason i'd do the the 30 is to get rid of extraneous gifts (a serious pet peeve of mine). but if it were an appliance i didn't have and wasn't worried about the parts for? forget it. at 10 a pop, i'd buy, even if i ended up spending 30 or 40 altogether. but not 30 each.

i wish they were 30 for the first one and then coins thereafter (and if you already owned some, they would already be coins).

queentina3
04-29-15, 01:01 PM
Oh I'm so glad that TL made the Blossom Goal items available in the bundle. I went ahead and got it as there were many things I'd wanted from that but missed due to my hiatus, including the Fruit Bar. Where I'd normally have 4 of the special appliances, I'm only going with the 2 they offered in the bundle. I'll never buy appliances for gems unless they come in a bundle with other items like this, but if they gave it to us for coins........I'd definitely buy 2 more. :)

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 01:18 PM
Just a question. Is the beach hut worth 20 gems?

twospoons
04-29-15, 01:20 PM
oh, goodie. bundles are back to being ridiculously unfair to android players. gosh i've missed that.

depends on how much you like it. i thought it was.

deekathleen
04-29-15, 01:26 PM

I have it. I love it. It's pretty big.

Natasha_07
04-29-15, 01:29 PM

Yes, it will look good with this tiki theme for summer at least for me... :)

rosewaterlily
04-29-15, 01:34 PM
okay, guess i was just thinking of myself then. there are some appliances that are expired by goal that i would pay gems for, but i wouldn't do the 49 even with an extra slot, and the only reason i'd do the the 30 is to get rid of extraneous gifts (a serious pet peeve of mine). but if it were an appliance i didn't have and wasn't worried about the parts for? forget it. at 10 a pop, i'd buy, even if i ended up spending 30 or 40 altogether. but not 30 each.

i wish they were 30 for the first one and then coins thereafter (and if you already owned some, they would already be coins).
Yeah 30 gems each is insane, 30 to unlock and the rest for coins, still excessive but slightly more understandable. I imagine even the players who claimed they would pay 49 gems for an old appliance meant 49 gems to unlock to buy the rest for coins and not 49 gems per appliance!

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 01:40 PM
I bought it! I'm already in love with it

deekathleen
04-29-15, 02:41 PM
I bought it! I'm already in love with it

:0) :0)

queentina3
04-29-15, 04:06 PM
oh, goodie. bundles are back to being ridiculously unfair to android players. gosh i've missed that.

Which is not my fault but I'm not going to feel guilty being offered it either. None of the bundles have been offered to Android, right, so why does this one being offered put your back up so much that you have to post that snide remark back to my post about being happy for having access to it? :(

pieandcream
04-29-15, 04:15 PM
Which is not my fault but I'm not going to feel guilty being offered it either. None of the bundles have been offered to Android, right, so why does this one being offered put your back up so much that you have to post that snide remark back to my post about being happy for having access to it? :(

i dont think it was meant as personal attack but rather more a - oh look, IOs is still getting a better deal than android users on top of all this mess - thing. whilst using your post as evidence that IOs users could get a better deal.

i agree that sometimes, one can misinterpret it :) bit tricky with just written posts lacking intonation and/or body language to go along with it ..but im pretty sure any comments here are directed towards S8, at least anything negative :P

dont take it personally ^^

twospoons
04-29-15, 04:45 PM
oh, gosh, yes, please, exactly what pieandcream said. i've been pissed about bundles since their introduction (believe me, i'm on record, you can check the bundles thread, along with like, every update thread that included a bundle), and the only reason i quoted you was because i was first concentrating on the update in general and it wasn't until i saw your post, which was the first indication of what was actually in the bundle, that i was once again reminded of how unfair bundles are and how much i hate that they're not open to all. i am sincerely sorry that you felt attacked. i in no way think that you or any other iOS player should feel guilty for getting a bundle or being happy with your new content (i certainly bought a ton of puebla stuff in BS last week, and that was a crazy unfair situation), all of my anger on this issue is directed at storm8.

again, very sorry. i'll go unquote you in my post, i hope that helps?

queentina3
04-29-15, 10:39 PM
No, it's ok, probably my bad with misinterpreting really and having a bit of a rough week with the teenage boys on vacation and husband due for surgery on Friday. Part of the reason I've been away from the forum except for a quick check twice a day this past week - keeping them in line and from eating me out of house and home with their friends. :p

I too feel bad that Android isn't offered those bundles as some are actually really good, like this one was, where others are just 'meh'. I know I was bummed out the other week when S8 advised the Fruit Bar would be pulled so to buy it up now, but was only available to those that did the goal. I understood and expected that really, as that is how it's mostly been done in the past, so was truly excited that I was still able to at least get 2 of them with the bundle this week, plus that Garden thing with the big trees is so dang pretty and I keep seeing it in my neighbors shop and whimpering that I had missed out on it - until now.

I wonder why those Android Players that also missed this goal haven't had this offer made available to them and honestly don't understand why it would be so hard for TL to port the bundle to them, or any bundle really. Honestly, a bundle isn't any different than a seasonal box, so.....

I don't recall now and its so late don't want to look it up, but have ANY of the past bundles at least been put in the main design tabs for Android players to purchase the items individually? I figure that even if TL does that the Fruit Bar probably wouldn't sell as who would really want to purchase appliances for gems??? In the bundle is understandable as the whole thing is for gems, but to buy each appliance for 30 gems a piece seems quite high to me. I think this is one of the first appliances I've ever seen offered to us for gems (other than those dumb colored stoves/ovens). :rolleyes:

ljssam
04-30-15, 12:53 AM
When do android players get the new recipes? "sigh" think i should get me ios tablet "groan"

Dragosle
04-30-15, 01:26 AM
Okay i don't play the game on iOS so i don't know if every item in the bundle available separately to purchase but they are in Android, and from what I can tell, all of them are for gems now (and are way too high, the fruit bar is even more shocking).

My theory is that if all the items were only offered in bundle for iOS meaning that they can only buy it with gem, so to even the odd with Android, they re-release them but with gem price instead the original coin price (at which they let greed take over and made them absurdly high). But if that not the case then all I could say this is a business strategy of S8, which I'm pretty sure most will not approve. :(

On the bright side, they did have a warning to those who did the goal to stock up before they remove the items (that can still be bought with coin) a few weeks ago.

dianeupside
04-30-15, 02:50 AM
Agree.. Bakery looks like Halloween to me too!!

Torkulon
04-30-15, 03:09 AM
;) I like the idea of rereleasing old goal items for gems. Hope they'll do it with other goals. I want Jade Dragon and some other goal items I couldn't get sooo much.

LalaSmooth
04-30-15, 03:50 AM
When do android players get the new recipes? "sigh" think i should get me ios tablet "groan" if you wait for the goal to download the new version you will get 12 gems (one for bakery story and resturant story) but if you don't want the gems then wait until the new version is released in google play store

sexyprincesa
04-30-15, 04:45 AM
When will I get the new updates. I spend money on this game it would be nice to have updates the same time iPhone users do..ijs

twospoons
04-30-15, 05:25 AM
I wonder why those Android Players that also missed this goal haven't had this offer made available to them and honestly don't understand why it would be so hard for TL to port the bundle to them, or any bundle really. Honestly, a bundle isn't any different than a seasonal box, so.....

I don't recall now and its so late don't want to look it up, but have ANY of the past bundles at least been put in the main design tabs for Android players to purchase the items individually?

it's been a bit of a mish-mash as they try stuff out i guess. the first couple included some box content/old LTO content along with stuff regularly for sale, which wasn't too bad. the LTO stuff had been released again on black fridays and such before, so a lot of people, except the very new, had their chance with it, and everyone has a chance with boxes, technically. but then they started releasing "bundle exclusive" content, brand new stuff that really couldn't be gotten anywhere except the bundle, and that totally pissed me off.

and then of course they thought they'd make it more "fair" (once again proving their complete incomprehension of the meaning of the word) by releasing the easter bundle content separately to android players, but to ios players only in the bundle. fortunately, that was short-lived after much (entirely justified) complaining.

but they still seem to keep a couple of bundle items out of the marketplace so that bundles give an extra benefit to those who choose to spend 80 gems at once (except maybe this bundle, idk what's in it). which would be fine, if everyone actually had the option to do that. jerks.

hope hubby's okay!

deekathleen
04-30-15, 05:31 AM
Kindles get automatic updates, kindles are a lot cheaper than iPads. But you don't get any gems for updates.

awesomejujubeans
04-30-15, 09:41 AM
I haven't been waiting for the gem prompts, but think I will this time. How long does it usually take(this year)?

ravenousdreams
04-30-15, 11:54 AM
Hi, can somebody please tell me what appliance I can find the treat punch on. Thank you.

pieandcream
04-30-15, 12:01 PM
Hi, can somebody please tell me what appliance I can find the treat punch on. Thank you.

probably the drink machine :) bit further back in appliances

queentina3
04-30-15, 12:14 PM
but they still seem to keep a couple of bundle items out of the marketplace so that bundles give an extra benefit to those who choose to spend 80 gems at once (except maybe this bundle, idk what's in it). which would be fine, if everyone actually had the option to do that. jerks.

Ah, I see now. This bundle was for 75 gems (short term offer) and offered:

4 Blossom Chairs (if we want more it is 2 gems each)
4 Blossom Tables (if we want more it is 2 gems each)
3 Blossom Counters (if we want more it is 3 gems each)
1 Blossom Grove (if we want more it is 40 gems each)
2 Fruit Bars (already built and if we want they are 30 gems each)
1 Spring Picnic (if we want more it is 20 gems each)

Now, I haven't tried to purchase any of the items again as what came in the bundle was enough for me, but was quite shocked when it would allow me to buy more since they were goal items. I figured what came in the bundle would be it, with no option of getting more due to the fact that they were previous goal items and I never completed the goal.

On a side note....I don't mind goal items being resold by TL at gem prices, but only for decorations not for appliances. Even for goals that I've completed in the past, and some were quite difficult to complete, it wouldn't bother me for others to now have those items at gem prices, though I know many people don't feel the same way. But appliances should always be for coins and not gems. We only earn 4 gems per recipe to complete so to have to purchase an appliance that normally only has 3 recipes on it for gems it ludicrous. The only reason why I didn't mind the Fruit Bar being for gems this time is because I got at least 2 of them in the bundle and I wanted the bundle for the purpose of the other items, which made 75 gems worth it....I wasn't purchasing the bundle just for the Fruit Bar. :)

cindyhinnard
04-30-15, 12:23 PM
Why does it take so long for Android users to get any of the monthly updates? And why do we have to wait to download yet another version of the game?

bobbyrae
04-30-15, 02:52 PM
When do android players get the new recipes? "sigh" think i should get me ios tablet "groan"

Now, I haven't tried to purchase any of the items again as what came in the bundle was enough for me, but was quite shocked when it would allow me to buy more since they were goal items. I figured what came in the bundle would be it, with no option of getting more due to the fact that they were previous goal items and I never completed the goal.

From what FrozenTurtle said it appears TL was trying to achieve some fairness in offering old goal related decor and appliances so that ALL players could have the option to buy them. So they offered them as bundled items (accessible to ios players only) as well as stand alone items so that players on android devices could also have access to them. So even though you bought them in the bundle you would still be able to buy them individually as well.

bobbyrae
04-30-15, 03:02 PM
Why does it take so long for Android users to get any of the monthly updates? And why do we have to wait to download yet another version of the game?

Because that's how it is unfortunately. There was a time when android players didn't get goals at all. The reason given was some high tech explanation but what i gathered from it was that there were too many different types of android devices and it was hard to design the goals in a way to make them available to all the devices. Or some such thing. There's a thread here somewhere that goes into it in detail.

Anyway, ios players used to get different versions of the game with updates and bug fixes and whenever we got updated versions to download we would receive a goal which started out by prompting us to update and when we completed that goal we would receive some gems usually. This doesn't really happen anymore...or at least the updates are less frequent now.

What the tech people/developers did to get around the android problem was to create different versions of the game for android players and, I suppose that as compensation for the hassle of having to download new versions each time, mini goals will appear in the game prompting users to download the newer version of the game and upon completing this mini goal, gems would be the prize.
Android players usually get updates by Friday and if you wait until the following Monday (I believe) you will usually get the goal prompt which starts out as a challenge for you to download the newest version of the game and upon completion of that goal then you get gems of varying amounts, but usually six.

LalaSmooth
04-30-15, 03:09 PM
I just searched for it in google play but nothing has came up yet.

ravenousdreams
04-30-15, 04:45 PM
probably the drink machine :) bit further back in appliances

Thank you. :D

cindyhinnard
04-30-15, 06:51 PM
Thanks to all for the additional info on Android devices!

lynniefish
04-30-15, 07:31 PM

The popup says the bundle is now available to ALL users! Have you checked for it on android? I tried to check on my tablet but it's slow and uncooperative.

Sb1957
05-01-15, 03:53 AM
Hello everybody, today I opened my game and nothing happened there's no update. Android players were forgotten AGAIN!

LalaSmooth
05-01-15, 04:47 AM
Hello everybody, today I opened my game and nothing happened there's no update. Android players were forgotten AGAIN!
We should get the goal to install new version on Saturday

DracoIsle65
05-01-15, 04:56 AM
I'm on Android, and haven't gotten any updates. Any idea when this will happen?

Sb1957
05-01-15, 06:19 AM
We should get the goal to install new version on Saturday

All the updates I received lately arrived on Friday, maybe today nothing happened because is 1st of May (Internation Labor's Day).

rita6834
05-01-15, 07:00 AM
I'm on Android as well and usually I get the goal prompt on Friday as well sometimes though I never get the prompt.

kmbrown624
05-01-15, 07:45 AM
Did you download a new version of restaurant story for the new food items? I don't have the new items.

LalaSmooth
05-01-15, 07:48 AM
I just had a dragon story pop up saying to reach level 12.. Nothing yet

bobbyrae
05-01-15, 08:08 AM
The popup says the bundle is now available to ALL users! Have you checked for it on android? I tried to check on my tablet but it's slow and uncooperative.
I checked and am not seeing any bundles. But I haven't downloaded the new version yet either.

I just had a dragon story pop up saying to reach level 12.. Nothing yet
Me too.

Sb1957
05-01-15, 08:23 AM
ANDROID PLAYERS!!! The new version of RS and BS must appear, because everytime I notice that I don't have the articles of the weekly update, I open an old version (RS and BS Thanksgiving from 2012, or any other from this year), and this week I found everything there. Where you can get this version? In Amazon apps.

LalaSmooth
05-01-15, 09:28 AM
ANDROID PLAYERS!!! The new version of RS and BS must appear, because everytime I notice that I don't have the articles of the weekly update, I open an old version (RS and BS Thanksgiving from 2012, or any other from this year), and this week I found everything there. Where you can get this version? In Amazon apps.

Well I just searched for the new versions in Google play and nothing

Sb1957
05-01-15, 11:06 AM
Well I just searched for the new versions in Google play and nothing

I think that something wrong is going on, is strange that the goal didn't come.

deekathleen
05-01-15, 11:42 AM
I think that something wrong is going on, is strange that the goal didn't come.

Something wrong like what?

bobbyrae
05-01-15, 12:03 PM
What is the current name of the version of rs being played on android now?

DracoIsle65
05-01-15, 12:08 PM
What is the current name of the version of rs being played on android now?
Earth Day is the latest version I have

bobbyrae
05-01-15, 12:09 PM
Earth Day is the latest version I have

Thanks Draco. Is this the new version after this week's update?

Natasha_07
05-01-15, 12:13 PM
Earth day edition is the latest one I installed about 2 weeks ago.

When there's a new edition I get the pop-up on Fridays (normally) but on rare ocassions if they don't then I get them on Mondays.

DracoIsle65
No. I haven't gotten any updates in a while. None of the new weekly content shows up. Both on rs and bs.

bobbyrae
Thanks guys.

sweetypies97
05-01-15, 02:39 PM
Very gem heavy. Typical that TL missed the whole point of a luau. Hahaha!!!

R5FanForever1
05-01-15, 03:00 PM
I haven't received the update either. All my android neighbors have it though, and I've checked everywhere for it. All the Blossom Goal release items are sure gem heavy!

LalaSmooth
05-01-15, 03:11 PM
I hope it comes before the goals arrive on Wednesday

Natasha_07
05-01-15, 04:29 PM
You guys I got a pop-up saying there's a sale about Cinco de Mayo perro, dancer and I don't know what else.

Anyone else to confirm ?

Natasha_07
05-01-15, 04:31 PM
RESTAURANT STORY: TROPICAL BLISS

Is available in the store.

Natasha_07
05-01-15, 04:32 PM
I haven't received the update either. All my android neighbors have it though, and I've checked everywhere for it. All the Blossom Goal release items are sure gem heavy!

You have to download the new edition TROPICAL BLISS.

I too I'm on android and do not have the new items, I always wait for the pop-up.

deekathleen
05-01-15, 04:41 PM
Yes I saw a dancing lady and a dog with a mustache.

barbaraann72
05-01-15, 07:50 PM
So for Android players, the new luau items and (most likely) next week's goal content are in the new version - TROPICAL BLISS?

Must remember to download by Tuesday - with or without bonus gems!

PepperWoo
05-01-15, 10:09 PM
You guys I got a pop-up saying there's a sale about Cinco de Mayo perro, dancer and I don't know what else.

Anyone else to confirm ?

Yup got the pop-up too!

http://i.imgur.com/942LO8K.jpg

algalesia
05-01-15, 10:15 PM
I m sooooo happy to get the Mexican dancer....nd surprisingly for just 20,000 coins.....thats geneous S8 Thankyou.The other items I saw on sale were
Twirling counter 8 gems
A Dog (Perro) 13 gems
Is there anythig else???
What was the main goal prize for this set of goals?

LalaSmooth
05-01-15, 10:59 PM
I'm waiting for my 12 gems on Tuesday. I need to master the goal recipes first

twospoons
05-01-15, 11:55 PM
So for Android players, the new luau items and (most likely) next week's goal content are in the new version - TROPICAL BLISS?

Typically, only that week's content is update-specific. In other words, if they follow established pattern, goal content will be available, whether you've updated yet or not.

pieandcream
05-02-15, 12:15 AM

umm no? no gems no download for me!

LalaSmooth
05-02-15, 01:34 AM
So if we get a goal to download it, we don't get gems?

minidemon88
05-02-15, 02:51 AM
So if we get a goal to download it, we don't get gems?

You'll get the 6 gems provided if you receive the download goal. You can still download that version, just don't open it! Otherwise, say bye bye to the 6 gems. =x *key word: wait for the download goal!*

I'm still waiting for the bagel version download goal. Lol :p

pieandcream
05-02-15, 05:06 AM
I'm still waiting for the bagel version download goal. Lol :p

haha, me too XD

LalaSmooth
05-02-15, 05:44 AM
I hope the version comes before the goal update on Wednesday.

elliyna15
05-02-15, 07:38 AM
Anyone can help me.. why food still missing even though i block my door..

LalaSmooth
05-02-15, 07:50 AM
Don't put the host by the door. Put a floor decoration there instead

lenasdinner
05-02-15, 08:07 AM

whats new in this version?are they only new recepies or there are some ne contents?
is this mean that after tuesday we can't download it?

LalaSmooth
05-02-15, 01:08 PM
Do you think we'll get the goal on Monday? I'm tempted to download it now but I want my gems

Natasha_07
05-02-15, 01:36 PM
Do you think we'll get the goal on Monday? I'm tempted to download it now but I want my gems

Just wait if you really want the gems or if you really desperate for the items then download, I always wait.

I don't understand the rush, LOL! It's 6 free gems.

LalaSmooth
05-02-15, 01:46 PM
And another 6 for BS and yeah true, it's not like the items are going anywhere

LalaSmooth
05-03-15, 02:42 AM
Something tells me that we might get the goal download

bobbyrae
05-03-15, 05:09 AM
Don't block the door. Remove or turn your chairs instead or allow your customers to have access to your host table but not to tables and chairs.

donrus
05-04-15, 06:56 PM
I have two Restaurant Story games. One is on my iOS device, the other on my Android tablet.

New item releases for each week appear on my iOS device every Wednesday, usually by noon PST. That's all good.

On Android , it's a different story. New weekly items may appear on Wednesday. If they don't, that means there is a new RS version. This new RS version may show up in the Play Store on Thursday, or Friday, or the following week. There may be a a pop-up or offer in the RS clipboard stating that I'll get 6 gems and 3 points (stars) for installing the new version. However, there is no telling when this notice will show up. It could be 3 days, or a week or two. In the meantime, I'm buying new decorating items, cooking new recipes etc. on my iOS game. And on my Android game I'm still waiting. And waiting. I could go directly to the Play Store and download the new game, but that means no 6 gems.

Why aren't updates for Android released at the same time as for iOS? And why aren't gems and stars for installing the new Android version posted in the game the same time that iOS is updated? I know that they're two different operating systems, but updates need to be released to both platforms at the same time.

StevesAllNightDiner
05-05-15, 02:49 AM
I'm waiting for my 12 gems on Tuesday. I need to master the goal recipes first

Don't hold your breath! Today is Tuesday and NOTHING! I saw one person say Monday, never on weekends. Another person said Tues. Yet another person is saying always the first Wed of each month. Does anyone really know what they're talking about?! lol

Sb1957
05-05-15, 04:46 AM
Don't hold your breath! Today is Tuesday and NOTHING! I saw one person say Monday, never on weekends. Another person said Tues. Yet another person is saying always the first Wed of each month. Does anyone really know what they're talking about?! lol

I play this games since Sept. 2013. So I can tell you that:

* Every tuesday afternoon new articles are announced in the storm8 blog;
* Every wednesday afternoon those articles are available to buy IF there's no a new version (I'm Android player);
* New versions appears as a goal on Friday.

I Repeat: this is for Android system.

Rainstorms45
05-05-15, 09:12 AM
Yeah usually on friday i get prompted to download new versions. But this one hasnt came yet but im in no rush. It will come when it comes

twospoons
05-05-15, 11:59 AM
i'm with rainstorms.

and to those who complain about waiting for the update, and how android shouldn't have to wait because iOS doesn't, well iOS also doesn't get gems. so if you want to get the updates when they do, without gems like they do, then go download!

deekathleen
05-05-15, 12:30 PM
Does New stuff not come out this week because a new goal comes out this week? Wasn't sure how that works, thanks.

LalaSmooth
05-05-15, 12:35 PM
I think the goal update tomorrow should be fine with the Earth Day version but you never know until tomorrow and ps I hope the goals are much better than the rainy day one

Sb1957
05-05-15, 12:37 PM
Does New stuff not come out this week because a new goal comes out this week? Wasn't sure how that works, thanks.

No,no,no. New staff will come when the new version appear with a goal. But maybe this week arrives another goal corresponding to May, with new deco, new meals etc. As it happens every month. Understood?

holt987
05-05-15, 12:40 PM
i'm with rainstorms.

and to those who complain about waiting for the update, and how android shouldn't have to wait because iOS doesn't, well iOS also doesn't get gems. so if you want to get the updates when they do, without gems like they do, then go download!

I'm on Android, and been playing since the beginning of January. I have NEVER received an update notice saying I'll get 6 gems for downloading the newest version... In fact, I had no idea there were even weekly updates until I found the forum last month because I've never had any pop-ups to indicate otherwise.

Quite frankly, I don't really care about the gems. What burns my butt is that as an Android user, I don't even get the notices to say I need to download a new version, like the iOS users do. And I think that's most Android users' beef. Not that we don't get the gems, but that TL doesn't send us notices in a timely manner (if at all) like they do for iOS users.

Natasha_07
05-05-15, 12:55 PM
With the amount of 'feedback' on the android gem goal prompt, I wouldn't be surprised if TL decides to get rid of it completely & only have 1 non version for all.

Maybe then a furor will be unleashed.

dragonspearls
05-05-15, 01:40 PM
While I've always appreciated the gems with download goals (playing for 2+ years now), they are not the reason I play. I play because I enjoy the game and the gems with download goals are a bonus since I can't buy gems. However, over the past several months I've been getting more and more annoyed with the lack of announcement about a new version. If you don't read the forum, you have no idea there is a new version. Same thing happened with the new Android version of Dragon Story that gave us the arena and other items that previously were iOS only. I found out about it about 2 months after it had been released because I had stopped reading the DS forum since it was mostly about tournaments and iOS only dragons.

Would it hurt S8 to show some courtesy to Android players and let us know in game when a new version becomes available? The pop-up code is already in place. It just needs to be worded for the new version. I don't understand why they assume everyone reads the forums. I suspect quite the opposite is true, and those who read the forums are in the minority.

And in case anyone is wondering, yes, I would prefer the gems with download goals to continue. They're not critical for my continued playing of RS - I'm still playing despite the lack of goals for the previous 3 or 4 versions - but I did appreciate and look forward to them. Not to mention, I knew there was a new version available.

twospoons
05-05-15, 02:18 PM
well, no, it's not the reason i play, but it is a very nice bonus to the gems that i do regularly buy. and i agree with you that most players probably don't read the forums, so i guess my question is, if they aren't alerted by the forum that there's new content, what's the harm to them in not finding out for a couple weeks, or even a month, that there's a new version to download? to the best of my knowledge, if you only went by in-game notifications, there's only one RS version that you wouldn't know about at this point (bagel cafe).

except for the example of holt987, cause i'm not sure what's going on there.

applesmcgee
05-05-15, 03:11 PM
I'm on Android, and been playing since the beginning of January. I have NEVER received an update notice saying I'll get 6 gems for downloading the newest version... In fact, I had no idea there were even weekly updates until I found the forum last month because I've never had any pop-ups to indicate otherwise.

Quite frankly, I don't really care about the gems. What burns my butt is that as an Android user, I don't even get the notices to say I need to download a new version, like the iOS users do. And I think that's most Android users' beef. Not that we don't get the gems, but that TL doesn't send us notices in a timely manner (if at all) like they do for iOS users.

iOS users don't get new versions as Android players do. The gems Android players get for downloading new versions is a perk iOS players miss out on. So what's the beef?

holt987
05-05-15, 03:14 PM
well, no, it's not the reason i play, but it is a very nice bonus to the gems that i do regularly buy. and i agree with you that most players probably don't read the forums, so i guess my question is, if they aren't alerted by the forum that there's new content, what's the harm to them in not finding out for a couple weeks, or even a month, that there's a new version to download? to the best of my knowledge, if you only went by in-game notifications, there's only one RS version that you wouldn't know about at this point (bagel cafe).

except for the example of holt987, cause i'm not sure what's going on there.

The harm is that when the updates come out each week, for the iOS players, you get a discount on some of the items available for gems. Android players miss out on that unless they download the new version right away instead of waiting for the pop-up for the 6 gems (which I've never had happen).

Btw, I've posted a couple other places about not ever getting the pop-up, & it looks like there are a few others out there that have never gotten pop-ups either, prompting them to install new versions for gems. So I'm not the only one. It's just frustrating.

twospoons
05-05-15, 03:54 PM
The harm is that when the updates come out each week, for the iOS players, you get a discount on some of the items available for gems. Android players miss out on that unless they download the new version right away instead of waiting for the pop-up for the 6 gems (which I've never had happen).

Btw, I've posted a couple other places about not ever getting the pop-up, & it looks like there are a few others out there that have never gotten pop-ups either, prompting them to install new versions for gems. So I'm not the only one. It's just frustrating.

actually, the "discount on new items" thing is relatively recent. in RS, the only version it's applied to so far is the Earth Day one, and the pop-up to update came out that week, so anyone who waited for it didn't miss the discount on the new items. re-released items on sale that coincided with new versions weren't unique to the version, so i got the easter sale items in the version i was playing before earth day.

did you try customer service on your complete lack of notifications? what did they say? that's just so weird to me. why would they not notify people at all? lack of known updates = less engaged players = lower sales.

holt987
05-05-15, 04:25 PM
actually, the "discount on new items" thing is relatively recent. in RS, the only version it's applied to so far is the Earth Day one, and the pop-up to update came out that week, so anyone who waited for it didn't miss the discount on the new items. re-released items on sale that coincided with new versions weren't unique to the version, so i got the easter sale items in the version i was playing before earth day.

did you try customer service on your complete lack of notifications? what did they say? that's just so weird to me. why would they not notify people at all? lack of known updates = less engaged players = lower sales.

Oh, okay. I didn't know that. I've only been playing since January, & only found the forum about 4 weeks ago. Since I haven't been getting the pop-ups for the updates, I didn't know the discounts were a recent thing.

No, I haven't contacted customer service yet, but I'm getting ready to soon. This is ridiculous. I agree, less notifications = less players = lower sales.

@applesmcgee - the "beef" is: I play on an Android & I DON'T GET the "added perk" of the gems because I DON'T GET the pop-up notifications AT ALL. Did you not read what I wrote? I don't care about the gems, but I DO care about not receiving the notifications about updates at all.

DragonWished
05-05-15, 05:27 PM
I think it's important for Android users to understand there are 2 app stores where you can get teamlava games. Depending on your device, one of these may be a default but you should be able to access both.

The first is amazon's appstore. The RS game there does NOT have different versions and does not get in-game popups for free gems or discounted items It is, however, always up to date, although a bit slower than the Google Play version.

The second source for Android apps is the Google Play store. This is where all the different versions of RS reside. The newer versions tend to be buried low in the search results so you might have to hunt for the latest and greatest. You have the choice of downloading and installing new versions as they become available OR you can wait for the free gems popup and do the download at that time.

Your gameboard actually resides on the teamlava/storm8 server and it doesn't matter which app version you use.

deekathleen
05-05-15, 05:45 PM
How is the Amazon version slower?

sausagepancake
05-05-15, 06:34 PM
Whatsup

StevesAllNightDiner
05-06-15, 01:21 AM

If you're talking about the Amazon app store, its slower then google apps because its less steps to download something! Much less! Google you look it up, click download, its on your device, done. Amazon, you download it, then you got to find your downloaded app, then install. More steps!

DragonWished
05-06-15, 01:47 AM

It takes longer to open and to move around, such as visiting neighbors, deleting wall posts, and using the catalog. The difference is seconds but discernible.

The amazon version has the advantage of using Amazon Coins for in-game gem purchases. For example, I can buy $25 worth of Coins for $23. Discount gets larger on bigger purchases.

My personal preference is the Google Play version of the games but the amazon version has all the updates for restaurant, bakery, and fashion so that's what I'm using right now. I always wait for the free gems popup before downloading the Google Play updates. Since I also play pet story and castle, I'll see the popup in those games.

deekathleen
05-06-15, 04:30 AM
If you're talking about the Amazon app store, its slower then google apps because its less steps to download something! Much less! Google you look it up, click download, its on your device, done. Amazon, you download it, then you got to find your downloaded app, then install. More steps!
I don't have to do that. Unless I buy it on my computer. If I download an app on my kindle it's right there in my carousel.

holt987
05-06-15, 05:29 AM
I think it's important for Android users to understand there are 2 app stores where you can get teamlava games. Depending on your device, one of these may be a default but you should be able to access both.

The first is amazon's appstore. The RS game there does NOT have different versions and does not get in-game popups for free gems or discounted items It is, however, always up to date, although a bit slower than the Google Play version.

The second source for Android apps is the Google Play store. This is where all the different versions of RS reside. The newer versions tend to be buried low in the search results so you might have to hunt for the latest and greatest. You have the choice of downloading and installing new versions as they become available OR you can wait for the free gems popup and do the download at that time.

Your gameboard actually resides on the teamlava/storm8 server and it doesn't matter which app version you use.

First off, I DO use the Google Play Store to download the updates, and NOT the Amazon app (In fact I've never even used the Amazon app for anything).

Second off, as I've stated above several times in various posts, I DON'T download the new updates right away. I "wait" and I "wait" and I "wait" for the suppposed pop-up announcing the update and it NEVER comes. I usually give up around 2 weeks later and just search for it in the Play Store. This is the point you people keep missing.

Sb1957
05-06-15, 05:48 AM
First off, I DO use the Google Play Store to download the updates, and NOT the Amazon app (In fact I've never even used the Amazon app for anything).

Second off, as I've stated above several times in various posts, I DON'T download the new updates right away. I "wait" and I "wait" and I "wait" for the suppposed pop-up announcing the update and it NEVER comes. I usually give up around 2 weeks later and just search for it in the Play Store. This is the point you people keep missing.

Just to let you know, once in Restaurant Story I waited 1 month and a week for the pop-up. But it finally arrived. But you should tell to the support team.

holt987
05-06-15, 07:46 AM
Just to let you know, once in Restaurant Story I waited 1 month and a week for the pop-up. But it finally arrived. But you should tell to the support team.

Thanks for the information, but I have you beat... I had been playing both RS and BS for 3 months before I found the forums, and I had never received an update pop-up for any of the updates in all that time. I only discovered that the different versions of the games in the Play Store were actually updates and all tied together by reading the forums . That's when I started downloading all the different versions so I'd have the new content from each. BUT I still wait an average of 2 weeks before downloading each new one "just in case" I actually receive that much coveted pop-up for the gems. Lol.

I am going to submit a support ticket shortly. IF I ever get a response or my problem resolved, I'll let you know. And it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't get the pop-ups in a timely manner (if ever).

deekathleen
05-06-15, 07:50 AM
You will probably get the #pubelogate response. (Not all players have the same experience)

holt987
05-06-15, 07:59 AM
You will probably get the #pubelogate response. (Not all players have the same experience)

Lol. That's why I'm not going to hold my breath on either a response or a fix. And that's why I've been holding off on contacting support in the first place. After reading all the controversy going on with other issues, I'm not sure I'll get resolution anyway.

DragonWished
05-06-15, 08:48 AM
Please do let us know if support can resolve this issue. I wait several weeks in pet story for updates but my other 4 games work fairly efficiently when downloads are released for gems.

Good luck!

carciawang
05-06-15, 12:48 PM
Hi, everyone. I'd like to ask why I don't get the new recipe ? Does anyone know? Thank you. Both mine and my sis don't get the new update. Because the phone?

becka0716
07-25-15, 05:30 AM
I would like to know why Android players don't have access to the Fruit Bar when IOS players still do completely unfair ! You made the Game for Android make it equally fair ! I Started playing right after the re-release and missed out because I was just beginning to play and it is impossible to make 75 GEMS in the beginning especially if you have never played any of the Story Games ! Please bring it back for the next LTO appliance I have access to everything to do with that challenge but the Fruit Bar 😞Please,Please, Please Bring it back 🍑🍉🍋🍅🍆🍇🍍🍏