PDA

View Full Version : Colour me curious. . .

Perry9877
04-27-15, 07:55 PM
. . . how many peeps finished the Cruise Quest. Also is the dancer worth 1,300 gems?

queentina3
04-28-15, 04:31 AM
I finished it with about 7 hours to spare and no, I don't think she's worth the 2000 gems TL claimed she was worth. I've received 2000 coins, a few helping hands, and 500 coins from her so far. Later on tonight I'll find out what she'll be giving me today, but doubtful it will be gems that many others are reporting receiving from her.

The main thread has some people that are listing what they've received thus far, if you're curious.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80749-Event-Tropical-Cruise-Catering

meredyth888
04-28-15, 07:35 AM
I stopped trying to complete the quest after I realized the aggravation wasn't worth the prizes. I got as far as the Tiki torches as I wanted them for my restaurant.

LonePudding
04-28-15, 09:56 AM
I didn't finish in time (was 72 gems away :() but I'm pretty glad I managed to completely revamp my restaurant! Now it looks like a Hawaiian beach hut :D

Aud2007
04-28-15, 04:22 PM
I finished with about 12 or so hours to spare without buying any gems, but I couldn't have done it a couple of months ago; I think the event should have been easier, since level 15 was all that was required to participate. I'm level 49, have a pantry capacity of 135, my shops all have 4 or 5 slots, all recipes are unlocked, and my street market has 9 slots. Plus, I have max appliances and even an extra chateau oven. I think it should have been designed to be easier for the lower levels and more difficult for the higher levels; maybe the refresh times could have been longer the higher the level of the player, or maybe the lower levels should have only had to make one and not two dishes per delivery.

Bottom line, I enjoyed the challenge and appreciate the developers giving us fun prizes and new goals, but I can understand why some players are frustrated.

jandtandn
04-28-15, 05:03 PM
I finished with three hours to go. I leveled up to a 34 during the even and at the time of the event had 95 slots. I did not have the benefit of the five second refresh. I did not purchase any gems, but I did use the gems and quick serves I already have.

So far I've gotten 500 coins, 2,000 coins, 2,000 coins and 2 gems from Luana in that order.

cathycathy1
04-28-15, 05:16 PM
I got it. Was she worth doing the quest for? I suppose. Was she worth paying for? Not so far.

queentina3
04-28-15, 07:39 PM
I finished it with about 7 hours to spare and no, I don't think she's worth the 2000 gems TL claimed she was worth. I've received 2000 coins, a few helping hands, and 500 coins from her so far. Later on tonight I'll find out what she'll be giving me today, but doubtful it will be gems that many others are reporting receiving from her.

The main thread has some people that are listing what they've received thus far, if you're curious.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80749-Event-Tropical-Cruise-Catering

Well she gave me 2 quick serves this time around. *sighs* I'll never get gems from her. :(

FranDresner
04-29-15, 01:02 AM
So far I've received 2000 coins twice, 500 coins and today 2 gems

DrP4ever
04-30-15, 02:40 AM
Nope. Just had the last phase to do but wasn't able to finish because things were asked for that I couldn't do sadly.

Perry9877
05-05-15, 02:26 PM
Sorry for the delay in my reply. Thank you to everyone who replied. I tried to complete this quest, but I found it sad. So many of the requests had ingredients that replenished in over 2 hours. I agree that the mission really should have been geared to all levels of play above 15 ( the level needed to get free gems for other games). Personally I think that challenges like that make people shy from some games. Major missions like that are too far and few between to make a player feel rewarded. It would be nice if there was some secret list that told us which games will be actively developed. Then you would know not to begin playing games like Monster Story or Fairy Tale Wonderland.

luna2cute
05-09-15, 02:09 PM
Didn't get it.