PDA

View Full Version : More Time Please!!

LonePudding
04-25-15, 04:35 PM
The Tropical Cruise Catering Event has been very fun and enjoyable for many, and I personally wouldn't mind more like this in the future. However, most, if not all players have school, work or very busy days in general. And most of us sleep too. Having to play 24/7 to reach the final prize shouldn't be necessary. So I am asking, on the behalf of others, for a time extension on this event. A day or two would be enough for many of us. We just need a few more hours to catch up - those long refresh times we all hate really aren't helping! Please, please TL, consider those of us who struggle to play at all times.

Of course our wishes will be granted or ignored - now, we wait :(

chewingmilk
04-25-15, 04:42 PM
Yes, please..!! More time and easier requests or less time to refresh if the request is rubbish..!!

maizee0404
04-25-15, 04:46 PM
Great job lone :)
Im with that....a little more time..i wont make the last prize but a few more would of been nice i tried hard but constantly had to refresh as my level just didnt match up to those orders!!

mrorangecat
04-25-15, 04:51 PM
Hear hear! I've put crazy hours into this and I'm not going to finish. I play a lot of the storm8 games - I'm no newbie. This game team would be well advised to make these challenges doable for the average (non beginner) player so that this game is seen as fun and not a tricky headache that burns you after you invest in it. Just make it fun and moderately challenging so that it's not a cakewalk, but we can still get shiny things and finish if we play, say, a few hours a day. Folks have lives, jobs, friends, and family irl.

r88l
04-25-15, 05:20 PM
Yes! More time is the best sollution!! I would love to have more time!

royallaura13z
04-25-15, 05:27 PM
Hear hear! I've put crazy hours into this and I'm not going to finish. I play a lot of the storm8 games - I'm no newbie. This game team would be well advised to make these challenges doable for the average (non beginner) player so that this game is seen as fun and not a tricky headache that burns you after you invest in it. Just make it fun and moderately challenging so that it's not a cakewalk, but we can still get shiny things and finish if we play, say, a few hours a day. Folks have lives, jobs, friends, and family irl.

Well said! Add me to the list of people who could use a few more hours!!! And my family too! There are two ipads in the house, both playing and neither of us can finish this event.

Michellemms2004
04-25-15, 05:41 PM
Yes pleaseeeee. I really really need AT LEAST a day more to be able to finish the quest. Please TL ..... Grant our wish ......

Danielle1163
04-25-15, 06:41 PM
I must agree as well. I am cutting it soooooooooooo close but I will NEVER finish. Another 6 hours would be GOOD!!

Simdiva
04-25-15, 07:02 PM
I hate to be a naysayer but I was able to finish this without closing my restaurant or using any extra gems etc other than the street market items. I did purchase the chef and thru wise use if this item I was able to find very effective time management each day do that I started every single day with four coin items. Even with refreshes for items where stock was poor or there were doubles I still completed every day within six to eight hours except the final day which took about twelve. If the time were to be e tended by days I would feel that I would be owed some gems back fir my purchase as this would be unfair to myself and others who purchased this tool I. Order to assist them complete. I am not a long time player, having been playing just ten weeks but I am at level 42 and have a good sized pantry with all shops at least at three and several at four. I can see where attempting to complete this with non-upgraded shops would be next to impossible but then those people should not expect to achieve many of the goals.

pivolet
04-25-15, 07:13 PM
I hate to be a naysayer but I was able to finish this without closing my restaurant or using any extra gems etc other than the street market items. I did purchase the chef and thru wise use if this item I was able to find very effective time management each day do that I started every single day with four coin items. Even with refreshes for items where stock was poor or there were doubles I still completed every day within six to eight hours except the final day which took about twelve. If the time were to be e tended by days I would feel that I would be owed some gems back fir my purchase as this would be unfair to myself and others who purchased this tool I. Order to assist them complete. I am not a long time player, having been playing just ten weeks but I am at level 42 and have a good sized pantry with all shops at least at three and several at four. I can see where attempting to complete this with non-upgraded shops would be next to impossible but then those people should not expect to achieve many of the goals.

Regardless the person's level, everyone should have a chance in completing whatever events Storm8 gives us.

mrorangecat
04-25-15, 07:14 PM
That's cool, Karenkoldyk. I personally didn't purchase a chef helper guy bc I figured this should be doable without buying one or using $ to open another slot, but maybe this game doesn't work like that. I'm level 37, and the past few days have taken me the full time I'm awake, which I think is too much. Yesterday I was home sick and sat on the game all day and didn't finish the volcano part until today. Usually with these TL/ S8 games, you can finish successfully by just playing without buying, but maybe this one isn't like that. Though I still think it should be more chill.

Aud2007
04-25-15, 07:17 PM

I disagree; while I was able to finish, I can see how a lot of people in lower levels would have had a difficult time. Because this event was open to players level 15 and up, it is reasonable to expect when you start the event that a level 15 player could complete it given some effort. Because this was not the case, I think that an extension is a legitimate request.

Simdiva
04-25-15, 07:20 PM
This was not about level people can complete based on their level it's about time management and everyone has the same opportunity to do that. I was only giving an example of how I managed my time vs level. Everyone had the exact same tools and opportunities available to them based on their own levels. I was not slamming anyone and would appreciate that you not flame me for it, the list was directed more at T L

cocauina
04-25-15, 07:28 PM

In 10 weeks you are already on level 42? Well, if you can do that magic, then you are able to finish the event, but I?m not able to finish it, I play almost a year now and I'm only at level 37 and I only unlocked and restored the Fruit Market today.

Many of us have a life, don't want to waste money and gems and doesn't like to be playing 24/7 just to complete an event.

I'm still on day 4 and I hate when I receive ingredients needed and recipes that I barely can cook or I can only complete the amount needed after 2 hours for only a requested ingredients or recipe.

Simdiva
04-25-15, 07:30 PM
Mr orange it was infinitely doable without the chef. If I were to do it again I wouldn't do it. I purchased him before I thought about what I was doing and then made the best of it. All it reall did epwas gave an extra fifty coins a day, about what you paid I suppose. But no definately not necessary especially idpf you are playing a lot of hours. I tend to invest in games I play because I line to get ahead early but it's never necessary. It just means you work a bit harder.

Simdiva
04-25-15, 07:34 PM
its no magic ��, I just work hard and try to be organized. But I'm a bad addict!!!!

cocauina
04-25-15, 07:38 PM
its no magic ��, I just work hard and try to be organized. But I'm a bad addict!!!!

Being addicted is a little bit bad indeed xD

Unfortunately I can only do this event with my kitchen machines and with only receiving 3 recipes/ingredients that are required to earn the ship coins. I don't have gems to buy the other 2 chef helpers and/or the 4 recipe/ingredients because TL steals me big amounts of gems without I even seeing the pop up appearing, the game just freezes. And I have more to do instead of being in this game 24/7, I like playing this game, but there are limits.

royallaura13z
04-25-15, 08:40 PM

Also, spending 6-8 hours every day in front of a screen is unhealthy for the eyes. That was your choice and im sure youre fine but these events should be do-able for those who have work, school, and lifestyles that dont involve excessive screen time.

abonoda77
04-25-15, 09:14 PM
To be honest I'm mad I wasted so much time unlocking this event. Luana has only shown up once and dropped 500 coins. Not worth the time or frustration.

grannysweetshop2
04-25-15, 10:33 PM
I would love to see everyone get an extra day or two to finish this goal. I am on the 10 part but will not be able to finish in time like so many other players. We've all worked hard to complete this goal. There was a lot to do in 10 days to finish this goal.

LonePudding
04-26-15, 01:29 AM
I really hope TL listen to us! It would be so saddening if we didn't get an extension. We all put in so much time and effort!

My ship leaves in 22 hours and I've just started part 9. I either need a miracle.... or extra time *COUGH COUGH HINT HINT*

sugerbabby2
04-26-15, 02:51 AM
We need more time went to woke up with 23 hours left when I got home only had eight hours left where did the time go? And it seemed like the Goal line keep getting longer each day. Put in a lot of hard work but I didn't get Her either they want 1,300 gem to get her no thank you

LonePudding
04-26-15, 09:22 AM
I'm 73 gems away from part 10 - only 15 hours left. I'm really relying on an extension from TL.

chewingmilk
04-26-15, 11:02 AM
The ship left this morning.. I didn't get to finish it...I'm pretty annoyed.. Especially, because the last few hours the gave me assignments that were impossible to do.. Like dishes that took 2 x 6 hours with only 10 hours on the clock.. Had to keep refreshing.. So only got a sad vulcano..

LonePudding
04-26-15, 05:21 PM
Refresh time is down to 5 seconds for anyone still going!!! I still have 410 gems to go with only 6 hours left :(

Thank you TL!!

DrP4ever
04-26-15, 07:44 PM
No 5 second refresh for me. I was on the last day, kept getting unachievable quests, ship sailed. What a waste of resources!

LonePudding
04-26-15, 11:15 PM
No 5 second refresh for me. I was on the last day, kept getting unachievable quests, ship sailed. What a waste of resources!

I'm so sorry, it really sucks that all this hard work goes to a complete waste. I won't finish either but it's going to be close. I'm just over 100 gems away from finishing :( I wish I had a larger pantry

serenitygrandma
04-27-15, 08:31 AM
What is everyone talking about? My cruise ship sailed 36 hours ago and at the end there was no 5 sec refresh. Did all players get the event with the same start and finish date and time? Doesn't sound like it. Now I'm really pis_ed.

cocauina
04-27-15, 12:19 PM
What is everyone talking about? My cruise ship sailed 36 hours ago and at the end there was no 5 sec refresh. Did all players get the event with the same start and finish date and time? Doesn't sound like it. Now I'm really pis_ed.

The event, started in a specific day, and the players had the opportunity to choose when they would like to start the event, but that was for a limited time, the players had until a certain day to start the event, if they didn't had started the event by that day, they were forced to start it, I was one of that players, and I'm currently at day 6 with 3 days left to end the event and with the 5 sec of refresh. The 5 sec of refresh was a new thing added today, just a LITTLE BIT unfair for the ones who already ended the event and weren't able to finish it.

bobbyrae
04-27-15, 02:33 PM
The event, started in a specific day, and the players had the opportunity to choose when they would like to start the event, but that was for a limited time, the players had until a certain day to start the event, if they didn't had started the event by that day, they were forced to start it, I was one of that players, and I'm currently at day 6 with 3 days left to end the event and with the 5 sec of refresh. The 5 sec of refresh was a new thing added today, just a LITTLE BIT unfair for the ones who already ended the event and weren't able to finish it.

Or rather a lot unfair to those who came close and couldn't get it because the refresh times were just too long.

LonePudding
04-27-15, 02:42 PM
That was a big mistake TL made. I do not see how shortening refresh times was/is meant to help people who have already completed the event, but didn't receive Luana. I hope they can learn from this and provide fairer events in the future. Good luck cocauina and anyone else still finishing!!

441sogo
04-27-15, 03:21 PM
Or rather a lot unfair to those who came close and couldn't get it because the refresh times were just too long.

It's EXTREMELY UNFAIR!! The early bird certainly did not catch the worm in this scenario! Players cannot be held to different standards and feel good about supporting a game and the company that created it! No matter the reason, players that started late are at an advantage, and those who started on time, but fell short, are at a disadvantage!

My completion of the task was so very bittersweet given that some of my neighbors were so very close, but didn't make it!! They worked every bit as hard as I did, and were on the game non-stop for those last 2 challenge days. Boy, a 5 second refresh time would have changed their failure to success for sure!

Anything short of giving everyone another shot at completion, will fall short of rectifying this situation in my eyes! It's not too late to turn this darn ship around......

cocauina
04-27-15, 06:53 PM

I was being ironic when I said "little bit", that's why I wrote it in big letters and in bold. Sorry if you didn't see that :)

At least TL should had given a couple more days to the players that weren't able to finish the event after they changed the refresh waiting time.