PDA

View Full Version : Coin Loss & Food Increasing Issue?

deadpix
02-09-11, 09:21 AM
I wonder if anyone has noticed this happening? (Actually I believe that quite a number have but may not have voiced it out).

Before I tell about what I experienced, let me just explain that I have my bakery running in such a way that it should be making about 200K each day.

I wouldn't really have noticed it happening except that I'm saving up for a 2 million expansion and because I was still about 300K short after 10 days; so I decided to "check the accounts" and do a stock take.

What I had when I started BS today, in the morning, was something like 1,810,000 coins and respectably high food levels for everything except Mocha (190 left), which I was allowing to run out so as to replace with 2,500 servings of gift-cappuccinos. I served the ready Cinnamon buns and prepared another batch of Raspberry Macaroons and soft-closed the game.

I came back an hour later to serve the macaroons and bring out the gift-cappuccinos. Imagine my surprise when I found that the Mochas were still there. Checking on it, I found that the number I had had jumped from 190 to 920!! The quantities of my other food items had also increased somewhat and the amount of coins had dropped to about 1,770,000!!

Over the course of the day, I realized that I had "refunded" about 15%-20% of the 200K I earned and my customers "regurgitated" 15%-20% of the items they consumed, which somehow regained their proper form and returned to the counters they came from. This apparently had been going on for the last 10 days too, which accounts for the 300K+ shortfall.

I know that there have been feedback from players that the food consumption rate is very high in BS, but is this the method the developers have employed to "slow down" the consumption rate?

Just to set the record, I did not experience any disconnection from the server, nor did I have any connection issues so I don't think that this is a result of any error recovery attempts.

Anyone else pulling out their hair over this?

logon2k
02-26-11, 12:55 AM
The only thing I can think of is your bakery must have been out of sync. This has happened to me, but not to the degree that it has happened to you. It seems to happen more often with the VD version.