PDA

View Full Version : Marble Dragon - New Mining Dragon 4/24/15

saghaven
04-24-15, 02:43 PM
STONE/WHITE HYBRID!

I'm so excited for this! It's not in the craft shop yet but you can start mining for marble pieces. This is the first stone hybrid other than Prism. Finally a hybrid using one of the less common elements! Good work, TL.

LonePudding
04-24-15, 03:08 PM
This is soooo creepy looking...It looks like medusa had a good long stare at him! Using my 25 bombs I managed 52 parts. Not bad.

freshfunin2008
04-24-15, 03:23 PM
I can't wait to collect my marbles.

Anaboe
04-24-15, 03:25 PM
Using my 25 + 4 bombs (had an Aether who was ready evolving), I now have 62 parts. Nice start! :)

PrincessCouture2014
04-24-15, 03:54 PM
This is soooo creepy looking...It looks like medusa had a good long stare at him! Using my 25 bombs I managed 52 parts. Not bad.

Very nice actually! I started off with my 3 got 5 pieces

PrincessCouture2014
04-24-15, 03:55 PM
Using my 25 + 4 bombs (had an Aether who was ready evolving), I now have 62 parts. Nice start! :)

Indeed!

dragonspearls
04-24-15, 04:27 PM
I apparently suck at mining. Fifteen bombs for 20 parts plus some food and coin. At this rate, I won't get enough parts. <sigh>

freshfunin2008
04-24-15, 04:35 PM
You may need to go to mining school. :-)

Clark_Wayne
04-24-15, 04:56 PM
Finally a new stone hybrid ! Now waiting for a mythic hybrid in mining :)

awsumum
04-24-15, 07:59 PM
I can't wait to collect my marbles.

Lol! Maybe you lost yours same place I did!!

MaribouMay
04-24-15, 08:22 PM
This is soooo creepy looking...It looks like medusa had a good long stare at him!

It is the eyes. If the eyes were colored he wouldn't look creepy.

LonePudding
04-24-15, 11:26 PM
It is the eyes. If the eyes were colored he wouldn't look creepy.

Yeah I think you're right. *shivers*

PrincessCouture2014
04-24-15, 11:36 PM
From 11 bombs I got 15 pieces :( total 20 pieces

tito786
04-24-15, 11:39 PM
Got 52 from 25 bombs......☺

Anaboe
04-25-15, 04:38 AM
For those thatt don't get an avarage of 2 pieces out of every bomb, please read the mining guide very carefully! If you follow this guide very carefully and tap systematicly like this guide shows, you too will have an avarage of 2 pieces per bomb.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide

spooks2
04-25-15, 08:54 AM
Only got like ten marble stones so far so its not looking great. I've got a diamond hatching. Will it give me bombs or dynamite? Or neither? New to this.
Off the topic Q guys. What do I do with the hundred radioactive stones I collected before the dragon expired? Is there some use to those?

zyfazix
04-25-15, 08:58 AM
So far only got like ten marble stones so far so its not looking great. I've got a diamond hatching. Will it give me bombs or dynamite? Or neither? New to this.
Off the topic Q guys. What do I do with the hundred radioactive stones I collected before the dragon expired? Is there some use to those?

Breeding gives dynamite, evolving gives bombs, hatching gives nada. Any leftover stones from the radioactive dragon have no use

Mythdefied
04-25-15, 09:40 AM
For those thatt don't get an avarage of 2 pieces out of every bomb, please read the mining guide very carefully! If you follow this guide very carefully and tap systematicly like this guide shows, you too will have an avarage of 2 pieces per bomb.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide

Problem with that is if your screen grid size doesn't match up to the one in that guide. Neither the one on my phone, or the one on my tablet (both Android) match that guide so I still have to go with the hunt and guess method.

pernmagic
04-25-15, 11:00 AM
Problem with that is if your screen grid size doesn't match up to the one in that guide. Neither the one on my phone, or the one on my tablet (both Android) match that guide so I still have to go with the hunt and guess method.

I play on ipad IOS, for awhile the mining area shrunk for a month or so but it's now back to full size so it's not so easy so it varies from either 1 to 3 pieces found so I can sympathise with android players ....

813vv
04-25-15, 11:05 AM

My tablet shows different too :( I usually jst get one per bomb :( sometimes get two, an very seldom get 3.
Many times I click 4 areas like the guide told an all 4 show too far :( cry... after that I become nervous an dont know where to click...

zyfazix
04-25-15, 11:22 AM
If the grid on the first page of the mining guide doesn't work there's a second, different one on the 2nd page

philstep
04-25-15, 12:47 PM
So glad I read the mining info. Up to 118 already. Getting 2-3 from each bomb now. Did have to work at it to get the grid right.

LonePudding
04-25-15, 03:09 PM
So glad I read the mining info. Up to 118 already. Getting 2-3 from each bomb now. Did have to work at it to get the grid right.

Wow that's great!! How did you get so many bombs??

spooks2
04-25-15, 04:04 PM
Thanks.

spooks2
04-25-15, 04:05 PM
If the grid on the first page of the mining guide doesn't work there's a second, different one on the 2nd page

Thanks

Anaboe
04-25-15, 04:30 PM
If you have a few dynabite, you can use it to search the grid. This way you can find out where the sweet spots are, without using precious bombs. Dynabite is much less valueble, because you have an infinite time to collect those pieces.

When the grid changed (happend twice now), I used +/- 10-20 dynabite, not in order to hunt pieces, but in order to find out where the grid-lines were. This way I saved my bombs until I knew the grid by heart.

philstep
04-26-15, 04:56 PM
Wow that's great!! How did you get so many bombs??

I had 25 bombs when it started and a virtue that was evolving (44 hours) so that gave a nice boost of bombs. I have gotten 4 pieces from a few bombs too. Wish I had the same luck when mining for land, I'm not so good with the dynamite yet.

amerirish
04-27-15, 01:25 PM
I'm so excited that it's a different species (so to speak) in the mine this time :) Stone type dragons are hard to come by so I'm super pumped to get this one. Happy mining everyone!

Kennedward
04-27-15, 02:08 PM
28 so far, just started on mining for this

pernmagic
04-27-15, 02:26 PM
I had 25 bombs when it started and a virtue that was evolving (44 hours) so that gave a nice boost of bombs. I have gotten 4 pieces from a few bombs too. Wish I had the same luck when mining for land, I'm not so good with the dynamite yet.
Strange how the mines work ..... I only have 40 for the dragon but mining for land always turns up more fragments
Good luck everyone

zyfazix
04-28-15, 03:04 AM
53 pieces from 25 bombs. Didn't have anything stored up so won't be able to get a 2nd dragon

spooks2
04-29-15, 08:30 AM
How long will this dragon be available? How long have other mining dragons been available for?

roguebee
04-29-15, 10:08 AM
How long will this dragon be available? How long have other mining dragons been available for?

Always at least 4 weeks, a few times 4 1/2, and once 5 weeks. You should plan on the 4 weeks when setting personal goals for crafting.

pernmagic
04-29-15, 10:29 AM
Always at least 4 weeks, a few times 4 1/2, and once 5 weeks. You should plan on the 4 weeks when setting personal goals for crafting.
Thanks I'm going to need everyday possible

Mythdefied
04-29-15, 10:52 AM
78 pieces now. The mining guide is slightly helpful for getting a general area on where to search, so I've managed to up my ratio to around 2:1.

Anaboe
04-29-15, 02:41 PM
A ratio of 2:1 is a good ratio.

I've made a guide on how to make 2 mining dragons within 4 weeks, without spending gold. It is possible, but you need to plan very, very carefully. For me, I've only done it once, and only the dragons giving a big black gem when trading are worth the efford... I still need to make the last black crafting dragon, been almost a year now... Black is sooooo rare...

barbaraann72
04-30-15, 06:34 AM
199/200 -- grrr

Kennedward
04-30-15, 06:43 AM
52 now

813vv
04-30-15, 07:07 AM
I have 106 now ;) really wanna have 2 but maybe cant manage ;(

Mythdefied
04-30-15, 10:12 AM
Yeah I think you're right. *shivers*

It's a Weeping Angel.

BiteMe111
04-30-15, 11:01 AM
It's a Weeping Angel.

Wouldn't we have to have a third method of attack then: bash, magic and... quantum lock? ;-)

Mythdefied
04-30-15, 11:47 AM
Wouldn't we have to have a third method of attack then: bash, magic and... quantum lock? ;-)

Be interesting to see one in a tournament; Marble angel against Marble angel: they're looking at each other, automatic win!

Kennedward
05-01-15, 07:21 AM
71 now

barbaraann72
05-01-15, 07:27 AM
Crafting mine now! :D

pernmagic
05-05-15, 10:46 AM
164 .... Getting there slowly ....... Now there is battle caster dragon to hunt down in the arena ...... Time .... Time :)

Kennedward
05-05-15, 11:57 AM
122 now

amethystanhang
05-05-15, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know how much more time we have to gather all the marble pieces? I'd hate for this one to get away.

roguebee
05-05-15, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know how much more time we have to gather all the marble pieces? I'd hate for this one to get away.

Add 4 weeks to the date released.

Mythdefied
05-06-15, 10:05 AM
170 now. Definitely won't be trying for a second one.

pernmagic
05-06-15, 10:32 AM
170 now. Definitely won't be trying for a second one.
I agree , one is enough I'm on 177 pieces .... Good luck to you :)

amerirish
05-06-15, 11:00 AM
It's a Weeping Angel.

Amy Pond, is that you?? How's Rory? ;)

pernmagic
05-07-15, 09:23 AM
14 to go then can begin crafting ..... Hope it's a useful dragon after this effort :)

ndtrance
05-07-15, 11:47 AM
Mine should be done crafting in the morning. It's nice to be able to stay out of the mine now for the next few weeks. I know some people like to keep mining for food and coins but I hate getting the extra pieces and don't really care about the food and coins from mining. I wish the arena dragon was this easy to get. I won't have that until close to the end. Good luck to everyone working on this.

Anaboe
05-07-15, 05:22 PM
Mine is crafting now, 36 hours is a long, long time :)

ndtrance: fully agree with you on the arena-dragon.. I am realy hoping I can get 2 of the current arena-dragon, I really could use the big black gem (only need to craft Onyx, my last crafting-dragon)... But I doubt it will happen... 200 arena-wins in 4 weeks is 7 per day...

My previous black crafting-dragon was made on 20-07-2014, since then I only had enough black duplicate-dragons to give me 1 large gem, and 8 small gems...

Kennedward
05-07-15, 07:16 PM
130 now

pernmagic
05-08-15, 05:47 AM
At last crafting one dragon :) :)

813vv
05-08-15, 10:00 AM
Mine is crafting now :)

Mythdefied
05-08-15, 11:58 AM
Sloooowly slogging my way towards getting this one. 176 pieces now. The mine currently hates me.

Kennedward
05-09-15, 07:36 PM
166 now

pernmagic
05-10-15, 12:35 AM
Sitting on nest at last ......

813vv
05-10-15, 04:24 AM
I'm disappointed since I check in wiki an know that if I breed this one with Stone WILL NOT GIVE me any stone hybrids like Golem, Mossrock or Turquoise :( cry...

Kennedward
05-12-15, 06:24 AM
180 now

caramellenina
05-12-15, 09:54 AM
Wow, I'm crafting my Marble dragon! Yay :D

Kennedward
05-12-15, 10:49 AM
194 now... so close yet so far

Mythdefied
05-13-15, 01:57 PM
Finally got this a few days ago. What a pain in the rear. Happy I don't have to mine anymore until the next one.

Mythdefied
05-13-15, 01:58 PM
I'm disappointed since I check in wiki an know that if I breed this one with Stone WILL NOT GIVE me any stone hybrids like Golem, Mossrock or Turquoise :( cry...

Oh heck, that IS a disappointment! I was hoping to use it for just that. :(

Kennedward
05-14-15, 07:02 AM
Finally crafting it now:cool:

saghaven
05-14-15, 08:01 AM
Started crafting yesterday. :D

PrincessCouture2014
05-14-15, 08:17 AM
Wow so many of you have already crafted or started crafting and here I am with my 159 pieces :(

amerirish
05-14-15, 08:19 AM

If you breed Marble with Diamond you have the potential to get a Prism (Diamond/Stone) so at least that's something :)

freshfunin2008
05-14-15, 08:25 AM
I am still mining. You are all good miners! Enjoy

813vv
05-14-15, 09:09 AM
If you breed Marble with Diamond you have the potential to get a Prism (Diamond/Stone) so at least that's something :)

But it's sad that I dont have Diamond, an I've tried many times to get Stone hybrids but no luck. That's why I was so happy when crafting this one an then I know that I cant use it to breed :((

amerirish
05-14-15, 10:22 AM
But it's sad that I dont have Diamond, an I've tried many times to get Stone hybrids but no luck. That's why I was so happy when crafting this one an then I know that I cant use it to breed :((

Aw, I'm sorry. I didn't realize your situation :( hope you breed a Diamond and some Stone Hybrids soon!

tuffyjkitten
05-14-15, 11:27 AM

But breeding marble with water could get you turquoise....just like breeding stone with water would.

florcky
05-15-15, 03:27 AM
Crafting now :)

meoconlunar
05-16-15, 06:00 AM
Something's wrong, I have 26 bombs in the storage @@ ???

JustKay
05-16-15, 10:54 PM

Maybe it's a bug? that will hopefully be fixed. Seems illogical for it not to work. Makes no sense really and it's a break from existing breeding rules.

Are you sure the wiki is correct? Maybe it's just a case that nobody has gotten that breeding result yet. The wiki has to pull it's information from somewhere since it's not officially information direct from S8.

813vv
05-16-15, 11:43 PM
Maybe it's a bug? that will hopefully be fixed. Seems illogical for it not to work. Makes no sense really and it's a break from existing breeding rules.

Are you sure the wiki is correct? Maybe it's just a case that nobody has gotten that breeding result yet. The wiki has to pull it's information from somewhere since it's not officially information direct from S8.
I dont know :( hope it's a bug. Jst check again an the result is still the same: Fuzzy, Lorekeeper, Pegasus if you breed Marble an Stone. Sigh...

pernmagic
05-17-15, 12:42 AM
I dont know :( hope it's a bug. Jst check again an the result is still the same: Fuzzy, Lorekeeper, Pegasus if you breed Marble an Stone. Sigh...
I'm trying for Prism with Diamond x Marble so far endless Fuzzy's but a Pegasus now by the nest time.. Now hatched
And now a lore keeper ad more Fuzzy's

ndtrance
05-18-15, 04:20 PM

I could be wrong but I think this is correct and in line with the breeding rules. Because marble isn't just stone but stone and white it removes the possibility of getting a pure type. If you breed melody and virtue you cant get virtue, kitsune or black swan. But if you breed melody with dragons that give hidden/missing colors the pure types become accessible.

You'll have to breed marble with other colors like green or blue to get some of the stone hybrids. Hope this helps.

EmeraldArrow
05-18-15, 06:12 PM
If you have a few dynabite, you can use it to search the grid. This way you can find out where the sweet spots are, without using precious bombs. Dynabite is much less valueble, because you have an infinite time to collect those pieces.

When the grid changed (happend twice now), I used +/- 10-20 dynabite, not in order to hunt pieces, but in order to find out where the grid-lines were. This way I saved my bombs until I knew the grid by heart.

Where do you get Dynabite's at? Never seen those yet.

Simdiva
05-19-15, 12:16 AM
Not sure it's worth me trying to get this one as I started late, I have about sixty pieces now but I messed up and effectively threw away several bombs because idiot me had no clue at the start. My mine only opened up about four days ago, does anyone know how long it will be before this one is gone and I will have a better idea whether to pursue it or just mine when I have max bombs.

MaribouMay
05-19-15, 12:25 AM
Not sure it's worth me trying to get this one as I started late, I have about sixty pieces now but I messed up and effectively threw away several bombs because idiot me had no clue at the start. My mine only opened up about four days ago, does anyone know how long it will be before this one is gone and I will have a better idea whether to pursue it or just mine when I have max bombs.

Usually it is 4 weeks, sometimes 4.5 weeks. I think it always ends (and mining for a new dragon starts) on a tuesday or friday. It could end this friday which would be 4 weeks or next tuesday which would be 4.5 weeks. If it is friday, I think we will get a notification tuesday.

Simdiva
05-19-15, 02:28 AM
Usually it is 4 weeks, sometimes 4.5 weeks. I think it always ends (and mining for a new dragon starts) on a tuesday or friday. It could end this friday which would be 4 weeks or next tuesday which would be 4.5 weeks. If it is friday, I think we will get a notification tuesday.

Thanks so much Marilou, I will just be happy that the gatekeeper is in the nest and pass on this one then. Finally got my arctic dragon as well and now wondering what all the fuss is about since they don't make coins, I suppose they are vey good in arena so I will keep at it. What a week already!

Foxy_Kit
05-19-15, 04:52 AM
Just placed a marble dragon in the craft shop :) yay!

Congrats to everyone who got it :)

813vv
05-19-15, 06:21 AM

I think you should try to get this one. At least for me, it's a good one, it won for me many battles :D
I still collect some more for the second because I have more bombs which will lose if it's over 25. So I like to use instead of losing. 80/200 for the second but I know that I cant get it :)

Kennedward
05-19-15, 06:47 AM
Just maxed out on bombs, wondering when the next one will come out as I don't want another one of this

freshfunin2008
05-19-15, 07:42 AM
It is time for this one to go limited today and if so we should see a new one on Friday.

Mythdefied
05-19-15, 09:17 AM
Finally have mine in the right nest (Stone Quarry) and leveling. Named it AngelBob. Hoping it'll be a good one for me in battle. I thought about trying for two of them, but since freshfunin2008 mentioned it'll go limited today, I think I'll save my bombs.

mbyte68
05-19-15, 09:24 AM
It is time for this one to go limited today and if so we should see a new one on Friday.

NOOOOOOOO , aint we ment to get a month **** arena been nothing but a nitemare for me since the start of this one, nice tourny might help though TL :) hope we get least a week more on this gonna be 2nd arena 1 ive failed near the end if this is the case :/

Annica5
05-19-15, 10:56 AM
NOOOOOOOO , aint we ment to get a month **** arena been nothing but a nitemare for me since the start of this one, nice tourny might help though TL :) hope we get least a week more on this gonna be 2nd arena 1 ive failed near the end if this is the case :/

Sweetie, this is not the arena dragon, this is the one from the mine. And we have a tourney, yay, so that's good too.

MaribouMay
05-19-15, 11:28 AM
Thanks so much Marilou, I will just be happy that the gatekeeper is in the nest and pass on this one then. Finally got my arctic dragon as well and now wondering what all the fuss is about since they don't make coins, I suppose they are vey good in arena so I will keep at it. What a week already!

Unfortunately, Arctic dragons can't be used in the arena. There isn't really a use for them. They are expensive coin-wise so wait until you are a high level to do much with them. I started after I was level 150 and had more coins than I needed. Before that stage, I think they are not worth the coins required. Build up your isle instead.

mbyte68
05-19-15, 12:28 PM
Sweetie, this is not the arena dragon, this is the one from the mine. And we have a tourney, yay, so that's good too.

OMG i posted in wrong post didnt realise oops darn lack of sleep with working :D

Simdiva
05-19-15, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately, Arctic dragons can't be used in the arena. There isn't really a use for them. They are expensive coin-wise so wait until you are a high level to do much with them. I started after I was level 150 and had more coins than I needed. Before that stage, I think they are not worth the coins required. Build up your isle instead.

I have pretty much figured that out, leaving it be for now, looks kinda useless

Passera
05-19-15, 01:56 PM
Mining ends Friday don' t know if I will have enough parts for this might have to send gold if I really really want this dragon :(

spooks2
05-19-15, 03:00 PM
Mining ends Friday don' t know if I will have enough parts for this might have to send gold if I really really want this dragon :(

Spend gold evolving and not buying bombs. I think it is cheaper, right

Kennedward
05-19-15, 05:37 PM
Just maxed out on bombs, wondering when the next one will come out as I don't want another one of this

Nice, the timer came out soon after my last comment:cool:

zyfazix
05-20-15, 04:04 AM
Praying for a black/pink next in the mine. When it starts I'll have 25 bombs stored and a moon dragon to finish evolving, thus a decent head start for two dragons

Annica5
05-20-15, 04:43 AM
I'm getting ready for an early start on next one too, 25 bombs and my Anubis to evolve. Love the Marble dragon, filled up that last spot in the Stone quarry :) Like the idea of metal or stone from the mine, somehow seems more logical to me :)

Kennedward
05-20-15, 05:53 AM
I also have 25 bombs waiting for next dragon, hopefully it'll be something good

pernmagic
05-20-15, 07:31 AM
I also have 25 bombs waiting for next dragon, hopefully it'll be something good

Me too, 25 bombs waiting for the next :)

freshfunin2008
05-20-15, 08:11 AM
The next one should be a new diamond hybrid.

freshfunin2008
05-20-15, 08:13 AM
I'm getting ready for an early start on next one too, 25 bombs and my Anubis to evolve. Love the Marble dragon, filled up that last spot in the Stone quarry :) Like the idea of metal or stone from the mine, somehow seems more logical to me :)

I would like to see a diamond or one of its hybrids in the mine.

Kennedward
05-20-15, 07:39 PM
I hope for a good hybrid types like black or white, I don't really like any other types as their habitats don't make as much money

PrincessCouture2014
05-20-15, 10:32 PM
Started crafting mine yesterday

laurelsail
05-21-15, 02:31 PM
Is this dragon rare, super rare? Thanks!

MaribouMay
05-21-15, 06:08 PM
Is this dragon rare, super rare? Thanks!

super rare

Fabgil
05-21-15, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone,
Just starting to craft mine now.. There is only 10 hours left but I need 30 hours to craft it.. My question is: do I need to finish crafting with gold or as long as the crafting started I'm safe to get the dragon ?

MaribouMay
05-22-15, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone,
Just starting to craft mine now.. There is only 10 hours left but I need 30 hours to craft it.. My question is: do I need to finish crafting with gold or as long as the crafting started I'm safe to get the dragon ?

You only need to start the crafting process in the Spell Shop. It does NOT need to finish crafting before the deadline.

Fabgil
05-22-15, 05:46 AM
You only need to start the crafting process in the Spell Shop. It does NOT need to finish crafting before the deadline.

Thank you ! :)

Q22014
05-22-15, 12:48 PM
Hi,

I was wondering when we should expect the next mining dragon? I am fairly new to DS and read the comments of hopes and desires about the next mining dragon, so with 25 bombs in storage I am ready.

813vv
05-22-15, 12:54 PM
Me too, waiting for the new comes now.... It should be here already..

freshfunin2008
05-22-15, 02:35 PM
IDOL Dragon mining thread started.

awsumum
05-22-15, 03:07 PM
Another stone? Ok I'm not really complaining but there are 2 spots in the Dino habitat that are currently filled by duplicates. Can you make another Dino?

owa411
05-22-15, 03:16 PM
Totally going for this Idol dragon: 3 type stone, black and white. That one's mine :)

redstar177
05-22-15, 07:23 PM
Totally going for this Idol dragon: 3 type stone, black and white. That one's mine :)

Right? I love the typing (even if I find the Stone designs to be very plain looking). So happy TL is using some minor types for once!

mermaidzen
05-23-15, 03:07 AM
Why do they remove the dragon from the spell shop so soon after the mine changes. I had a dragon in there and now can't create the marble dragon as it has gone. 😢

Kennedward
05-23-15, 07:21 PM
Expired now, good thing I crafted mine

seisurreal
05-25-15, 04:24 AM
Hi Teamlava

I have missed out on the latest for Marble Dragon, just as I have missed out for Scarab Dragon.

Understand the mining for the parts have ended, and on behalf of the loyal players like me, may I request TL to bring back the Marble, Scarab and other mining expired Dragons back in the Spell Shop as a grace period for a month or a 1 week after the mining officially closes .. They could be extended like the rest of the usual staple items such as Comet, Ruby, Emerald, etc.. maybe for a week after the mining ends -- this is to allow those who missed the mining, a second chance to use their gold to get the limited edition dragon.

// for this round, please assist to extend this Marble Dragon item back on Spell Shop. Thank You! // I'm so willing to spend gems to get them all! :)